So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

1 hour ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

Official PVE Server 866
The Island
Xbox One

Didnt get as much time as id like this weekend but i have decieded im gonna make my base at redwood forest my main base. i have made a larger 4x5 house on pillars with only one poking through but is hidden my ramp stairs. (Grid Reference 54.3 - 41.7), Its a 2 story box house and with a barn style roof.

Logged off and onto my Single player and done some electrical grid testing, and have found a very neat way of hiding the generator and most of the electrics,by placing a small room under the floor on the pillars then i have hatchs on the stair to turn it off if needed, the 2 fridges fit perfect under the stairs and can be hidden behind a window frame too.

logged back onto Server and put it in place along side fridge and also fabricator, Also have an insutrial grill to but not 100% happy with where i placed it but it will do for now.

I had day off tuesday so put in some solid hours grinding materials and also built a 4x4x4 thatch hatchery on pillars again, will make it out of wood and stone at some point. just need to figure out if i want to run wire from one builing to the other or make a seperate power grid, will only be used for hatching and then dino storage.

also pillard off small section of the beach and slightly larger outside fence Perimeter too.

will be making a small hut for storage boxs then i can take both my argy's and make the great move. hoping to have it all done after work this week and the hatchery set up and stocked ready for this weekend's event and hatch my first dino !

Would pics be wanted/allowed in these posts too?  

Pics are always welcome :)

Decided to log into my Abberration Map. I hadn't played that map since the first 2 weeks it came out in PS4. Only took me 10 minutes to remember that I hated the map, and why I quit it in the first place.  It is by far the most confusing map to get around in, with so many layers and valleys it takes FOREVER to get anywhere. And this radiation BUllpoop is such a pain in my ass. Everything is dark, and ... well YUCK, the whole map is YUCK!! And on top of that, my map explored was somehow reset, so I can't even see where my other bases are, nor where I traveled previously.

Since OBs apparently don't exist on this map, I will spawn in a transporter, and upload my Ravagers, Crab and other dinos. Then move them to Rag or SE map.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

LOL I for one love Aberration :D  Lets see we (me and my other half) logged in, took a pack of ravagers hunting (which is always great fun).  Gathered some organic polymer, some stone and some thatch and wood.  Made some ceilings and a walls for our new base in the blue zone.  It was a busy and productive night.  Not sure what we will get into tonight LOL OH yeah...and we repaired our hazmat suits.  

Edited by Roshona

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Decided to log into my Abberration Map. I hadn't played that map since the first 2 weeks it came out in PS4. Only took me 10 minutes to remember that I hated the map, and why I quit it in the first place.  It is by far the most confusing map to get around in, with so many layers and valleys it takes FOREVER to get anywhere. And this radiation BUllpoop is such a pain in my ass. Everything is dark, and ... well YUCK, the whole map is YUCK!! And on top of that, my map explored was somehow reset, so I can't even see where my other bases are, nor where I traveled previously.

Since OBs apparently don't exist on this map, I will spawn in a transporter, and upload my Ravagers, Crab and other dinos. Then move them to Rag or SE map.

Awww i love Ab! Its hard to get used to for sure! Something about the fertile forest I love. By the way obelisks are on the surface :P  You wouldnt be able.to get there with your tames very easily thouww. Once you move around there you learn all roads lead to red haha. Fertile area is basically split in a horseshoe above blue area

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Aberration is a challange to navigate at first, but once you learn some landmarks its not too bad. The obelisk on the surface do suck, so I too spawned a tek transmitter in my aberration base so we can transfer between it and my island server with ease. Once I slow down on my grind to doing bosses on the island Im going to start spending more time on Aberration. I want to get some baslisk (should be easy with all the fert rex eggs I have) and try for a reaper king. 

17 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Aberration is a challange to navigate at first, but once you learn some landmarks its not too bad. The obelisk on the surface do suck, so I too spawned a tek transmitter in my aberration base so we can transfer between it and my island server with ease. Once I slow down on my grind to doing bosses on the island Im going to start spending more time on Aberration. I want to get some baslisk (should be easy with all the fert rex eggs I have) and try for a reaper king. 

The only reason I really even went back to ABB last night, was to get a Basilisk and ravagers to bring back to Rag.

I didn't mention this before, and I know it seems silly, but I also get very clastrophobic playing ABB. Which is weird, because in real life I've never had any issues with  being clastrophobic. But Abb does it .... weird I know.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

The only reason I really even went back to ABB last night, was to get a Basilisk and ravagers to bring back to Rag.

I didn't mention this before, and I know it seems silly, but I also get very clastrophobic playing ABB. Which is weird, because in real life I've never had any issues with  being clastrophobic. But Abb does it .... weird I know.

I know what you mean, Im constantly on edge on Aberration, its a pretty dangerous map, especially since things fall from above. I remember the first time a reaper queen popped out in front of me, I jumped out of my chair, lol. All the same I still love it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Official PVE Server 866
The Island
Xbox One

really enjoying ARK still even playing solo, Did a oil/silica pearls run in the snow
biome, I also did a metal and obsideon run in the volcano. got that all stored away.

took the Deod out and whiles its been in sititng in the workshop wagging its tails since
i tamed it, its had loads of levels pumped into melee and it collected stone so quick,
makes collecting materials so much easier usign the right dino !.

Made a small 4x4 stone hut and will be filling it with storage boxes. A friendly
survivor delivered me a truck load of wood and i made a Behemoth gate so i can now use
my T-rex. Also extended the boundary wall so enough room now. 

Tonight will be doing a few metal runs and get that smelting, then will be doin a big
silicia pearls run to get enough to make electronics. will also get Oil to make gas.

*Question
Can i put Spark powder,metal and Oil and Hide in the same refining forge to make Metal
ingots and gas?

• Like 3

Didnt do much today, headed up to blue obelisk with our argy pack to pick up ingots, crystal and obsidian that we had been farming for a few days. Then did another metal, obsidian, and crystal run. Threw the metal in the forges and headed back to base. 

Decided to craft up several large storage boxes for the fertilizer I have been holding in random dinos. Filled 7 boxes and dropped the rest. Too much fertilizer is a byproduct of dung beetles, lol. I think im going to surround my rex factory is plant x just to use it up.

Tomorrow we are going to do another metal run working towards making the saddle. Saturdays main goal is getting a pair of yutty. I'm trying to decide how I want to do it. I have a taming pen in the snow biome so either im going to use a boss rex to lure it to the pen and just tank the yutty while my wife tranqs it, or Ill craft up an ascendent metal shield from a bp I picked up a few days ago and lure it in myself. In the past we used wyvrens to kite them to a pen, but I dont have wyvrens now. Are rock drakes immune to the fear? I do have 4 or 5 on aberration and I can bring 1 over.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Didnt do much today, headed up to blue obelisk with our argy pack to pick up ingots, crystal and obsidian that we had been farming for a few days. Then did another metal, obsidian, and crystal run. Threw the metal in the forges and headed back to base. 

Decided to craft up several large storage boxes for the fertilizer I have been holding in random dinos. Filled 7 boxes and dropped the rest. Too much fertilizer is a byproduct of dung beetles, lol. I think im going to surround my rex factory is plant x just to use it up.

Tomorrow we are going to do another metal run working towards making the saddle. Saturdays main goal is getting a pair of yutty. I'm trying to decide how I want to do it. I have a taming pen in the snow biome so either im going to use a boss rex to lure it to the pen and just tank the yutty while my wife tranqs it, or Ill craft up an ascendent metal shield from a bp I picked up a few days ago and lure it in myself. In the past we used wyvrens to kite them to a pen, but I dont have wyvrens now. Are rock drakes immune to the fear? I do have 4 or 5 on aberration and I can bring 1 over.

They are not immune! Takes a while to fear but they scamper off pretty quick and if climbing mode is enabled they go just about anywhere. 

• Thanks 2

Big bears Game of tames - nitrado ragnarok - Xbox 1 

So shut the servers down Friday as I was gone to the Bush for the weekend. Still trying to remember my name and whatnot but it was a good time! 

Rebooted both aberration and ragnarok, spawned in aberration and did a general check of things then ported to ragnarok. Started with some aimless running around and then remembered i was on a mass build for expanding the base for more storage. Base used to be pretty nice looking but now I've been forced to make large boxes (I'll make them sexy later) just to house my gigas and larger creatures yuty/theri/rex. 

So jumped on the anky and do a metal run just outside the base. 3200 metal later i cash in and start smelting. Had some walls and what not laying around so I placed those while I built more.

Have a 4 high chamber I keep most of my tames. Added an additional 5 walls to give myself a flier storage facility.  I have a behemoth stone gate box on the other side of it that will Be used for the larger tames, but the idea is i can enter larger fliers though the gate into the flier stash. Once it's converted to tek life will be epic lol.  I'l take pics, they explain better 5han I do. 

Did a couple more metal runs In between it all and have some stuff to build while I do more metal runs. Not sure why I used to hate building with metal it's rather cheap to produce. Removed some old walls to open  it up to the behemoth pen so now I have a massive multi level facility. I hate it but it's kinda growing on me plus if I can make it more esthetic were golden, and ive got added PvP protection. Had 10 gigas 20 rex 9 theri and 6 yuty all in the wide open. They should be covered now. 

Today's plans are to get my behemoth pen expansion finalized by laying out the perimeter walls then build up from there. Probably about 400 walls and 100 some roof panels to finish that off. Then re adjust the turrets to better locations then decide where to build a turret tower for main protection.  Lots to do now lol. 

• Like 3

I haven't had much time to play lately, so I've shut my servers down to prevent dino starving and have been hopping on SP once in a while. I recently started a new character on SE. There's just something I find peaceful about the shimmering waves of heat and desolate landscape in general. Of course, I'm blocking out the terror bird mugging, two separate raptor-related mutilations, and one pedestrian demise due to lack of water. But hey, I finally got a foothold and am building up.

One of those "Son of a gun," moments happened when I tried taming my first raptor. I managed to make fifteen narco arrows and several bolas then went out looking. I found two lower level ones, shooting one to get its attention. I was hoping the other one was far enough away that it wouldn't join the party, but it joined all right. So I manage to bola the first one and am backpedaling for all I'm worth. I get my next bola up to full spin, release it, and . . . . Just as it's about to hit, the raptor leaps into the air, causing the bola to go sailing by underneath it, and then I'm pinned to the ground and munched on.... Sigh!

Edited by Chudz66
Hmm, I originally had, "...far enough away that it wouldn't joint the party, ..." I see some type of Freudian slip there.
  • Like 2

Xbox Scorched Earth Unofficial 

(Figured id start putting that too lol)

Started the day off by doing a few top up / scout runs. Got some cactus sap, berries, meat, wood and some more sand. Wood is my burden right now, I need to find a decent thorny. As im on my last run back I spotted a level 77 purple & blue kangaroo. Ive been meaning to get one and only seen low(er) levels, im no flier here so it will be my transport. Well Ive been saving mushrooms and decided id try to tame it, it has such nice colours after all. Ran back and got some taming supplies and went to see if i could find it on my Morella. 

It was being chased by some terror birds so I ran after them. I killed one of them and the procoptodon lept into a rock. I killed the other tbird, turned around and it was still there.. curious. I take out a bola, hit it start tranqing. Its been about 10 seconds and it isnt moving.. must be stuck! Knock it out, throw up some thatch around it and it tamed with no problems. I must say.. this thing is awesome! It came out with 750 or so base weight.. for a 77 tamed wild.. I need to get me a high level!

I took the new roo out to do some exploring. Ran all up and down the Canyon (look at me, I know names now B|) looking for a better base spot. Got some drops around, some decent stuff. Premade asc thorny saddle.. i really need one now. I hopped back to base and went looking around for a thorny. I was planning to tame any level 50+ i see, ive been running into very low ones. Happened across a cyan blue & yellow belly one, 133. It was within render of my base, sucker mustve just spawned. I grabbed some stone gates i had premade from the other day and set up a simple taming box. Easily walked it in and starting tranqing it was getting bloody so i switched to darts and knocked it out. A few runs around on my wolf and I had enough prime to get it about half way. I remembered to keep it starving so I wouldnt waste prime and it tamed up nicely. Only lost a few levels because of plain raw meat for the other half, did a wood run on the way back. 

I now have my main farmers, anky, doed, thorny and morellatops which will put me in a good position to move soon. Ive been waiting to be a bit more established and actually find a good base spot. Im still not entirely sure as of now.. but ive narrowed it down to in the canyon for sure. (Anyone know any  good no flier-friendly base spots elsewhere?)

Going to try to keep scouting for a new spot today and maybe get some more combat tames.

• Like 2

Played a little destiny 2 this morning before hopping on ark. We didn't have a ton of time but we did some gathering for the rex saddles. I also sat down and figured out how much I need for 20 mc rex saddles (i know I only need 19, but if Im doing a wipe to make them, might as well make an extra) Total mats would be 59,000 fiber, 112,000 hide, and 14,720 ingots. Right now we have 17,000 fiber, 8000 ingots, and only 8500 hide, but after we get a couple of yutty tomorrow we are going focus on gathering and leveling rex.

• Like 1

Great to see this post still active, just spent 30 mins having a quick read of peoples fun times. 

For me, I am having the issue of 'D3D HUNG' so my game crashes every 30 seconds so my 466 dinos are getting no love and affection from me - been 2 months now so I havent any stories to tell except one from last night.

Logged in, crashed. Logged in again, crashed. Logged in again, managed to fast travel to the rex cave and refresh my rex and then crashed. Logged back in and fast threw myself in the lava and respawned at my Saber base - one practically dying as I view it. Jump on its back - went out onto lava island and saw a rex, didnt fancy that as my char had been reset to lvl 1 and I hadnt put any lvls in him. Crashed! Log back in to see Saber fighting rex - hadnt looked at lvl. Ran back to jump on other Saber and when I returned, my Saber had killed said Rex. Relieved, put it on follow and then logged out as it was too dangerous to even feed any animals :(

Hoping tribemate logged on last night to save them :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

PVE Official 866
Xbox one

Started as usual doing metal run run getting another 600 metal smelting, Got a parasaur egg out to start hatching, with one AC unit, eventually will have a proper set up but still learning the hatching process.

left it to go get some more Oil and silica pearls, then took the rex out to get some meat but found it very slow going its lvl 116 i think but runs out of stamina so quick and turning circle is awfull, i think i will use my bear instead its lvl 200+.

gave the first load of meat to someone who needed it, same guy that gave me the wood. trying to establish myself in the server and help where i can.

I did hatch the parasaur and tried to feed it by putting stack of mejo berry in last item slot and also trying to move berry into its inventory but neither worked. im not sure if i tried to move the whole stack and it being too heavy it wouldnt allow it.

*Questions*

- Feeding herbi dino's does it need ot be a specific berry/vegatable/kibble?
  Do you feed it one by one 
(I know when they get to 10% will use feeding trough)
- same thing for carnivours but using raw meat/prime meat/kibble ?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

its lvl 116 i think but runs out of stamina so quick and turning circle is awfull

Try go 3rd person and top-down - I find that I can turn it a lot better that way.  similar with Rafts sort of going backwards on yourself for  sharp turning point.  Stamina is an issue - but it replenishes when walking so just calm down and stop running everywhere :)

Also feeding - the only thing specific is food type and when growing them feed as much as you can - it's limited by weight until they grow more and at 10% they will feed themselves from a trough.

So meat eaters will work with raw or cooked normal/prime meats.

Fish eaters - raw or cooked fish.

Herbivores - Any berries/veggies.

.. some things eat Chitin (Archaeopteryx) and others eat Eggs (Titanboa)

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

PVE Official 866
Xbox one

Started as usual doing metal run run getting another 600 metal smelting, Got a parasaur egg out to start hatching, with one AC unit, eventually will have a proper set up but still learning the hatching process.

left it to go get some more Oil and silica pearls, then took the rex out to get some meat but found it very slow going its lvl 116 i think but runs out of stamina so quick and turning circle is awfull, i think i will use my bear instead its lvl 200+.

gave the first load of meat to someone who needed it, same guy that gave me the wood. trying to establish myself in the server and help where i can.

I did hatch the parasaur and tried to feed it by putting stack of mejo berry in last item slot and also trying to move berry into its inventory but neither worked. im not sure if i tried to move the whole stack and it being too heavy it wouldnt allow it.

*Questions*

- Feeding herbi dino's does it need ot be a specific berry/vegatable/kibble?
  Do you feed it one by one 
(I know when they get to 10% will use feeding trough)
- same thing for carnivours but using raw meat/prime meat/kibble ?

To feed dinos in the baby stage you just put meat/berries in their inventory and the will eat it as they need it. They can only hold a few at a time at first. Its also important to stay in rendering at first as they wont eat in stasis and could die

• Like 2

Not sure how I want to continue my log. It's become less story and more list which is boring. Part of that is work has been picking up so i haven't had as much time to really formulate my thoughts. The other part is some of the things I enjoy doing in Ark have been tedious and/or frustrating lately.

I put in a lot of effort to my dino's but the people (not all, there are some real good traders) want to get them from me for next to nothing. I don't know. It has to be the player population of console (PS4 specifically) vs PC because I see stats I have go for more in egg price on PC then I sell my full grown's for, or attempt to sell my full grown's for. Lol. 

Right now the trade market is not working for me so it's back into the shadow's and hand outs to my friends/allies. 

I did do several raises this past weekend and walked away with a lot of cool stuff.

I think my favorite is my first Argy weight mutation. I've hatched well over 500 eggs looking for a weight mutation and was fortunate to get twin males. 784 hatch weight, up from 768. This gives me only 2 mutations on my line so there is a lot of room for growth there. I'll use the 2 males to alternate breeding with the females which will reduce cool down timer too.

I acquired a grown female Theri, or did I raise it?...I can't remember, from an ally that had 419.8 melee. I had better hp with 9.2k so I gave her that in return. I hatched a few eggs this week and got triplets in the purple body color and another with a green stripe all with the 9.2k hp, 419.8 melee. The new line. 

I also hatched about 32 Quetz eggs. Kept 3 females that were clean to add to the breeding pool. I got another weight mutation on the 1648 and it popped with pretty cool neon green wing colors but I decided it wasn't want I was looking for and let that one pass. 

I hatched a few vultures and got one with the 1125 hp and 378 melee. I named him Vulturex. I'm looking for a female next so I can get my allies some eggs.  He's already put in work to help me out from a few dc's and when I get knocked off by raptor's on my next raise.  

A Carno. Ms. Swamp Thang. I got a couple eggs from an ally so I could raise my own swamp cave runner. It hatched 206 with 4200 hp, the other did not, and 319 melee. I like that health. I raised her and have pranced her around the preserve to gain some levels before taking her over to the island server. I can't seem to trade for a 100+ armor Theri or Rex bp so I plan on living in that cave this next weekend. 

This did give me a new breeding direction as I have started to knock out Carno's looking for higher melee and higher stam (she only had 1050). The first Carno I knocked out tamed out with 1530 stamina so I'll get around to breeding that in. When I'm not running the cave this weekend, I'll be hunting for higher melee. 

Finally mated some deer. This is gonna be a chore. 6 hour gestation and then 7 hour baby timer. I know I raise Quetzal's and Yuty's, and Theri's and Rex's. lol. My preconceived notion was that of an Anky though. I kept 2 females that pulled the high hp to add to my breeding pool. 

I bred and raised some new Abberant anky's. 439.8 hatch melee. Got a mating pair. This let me move some of my clean females and an guaranteed egg to my anky buddy so he can work on the next melee and the stud male to my trieb mate for breeding on his Abb server. The guy I got the stud male from just got 451 melee over the weekend too. I told my buddy I expect that and more by end of next week. lol. 

Finally I got some color combo's I had been looking for on my Yuty's and one I did not but found great. 

PS_Messages_20180522_092119.thumb.jpg.fd135d670718449b9a14216b9128b625.jpg

The magenta came from a weight mutation (up to 790 now)and it pulled the 10.3k hp, 2184 stamina, 331 melee. So I put it on the market, even though it's the only one and still raising, if it can net me a Theri or Rex BP but no hits. That's fine though because I'd like to try and breed that magenta crest/tail onto my lavender body. 

The other color combo's;

PS_Messages_20180525_102621.thumb.jpg.8e5d5a441e112bdca1db026d2e1c281c.jpg

Finally got the pink crest/tail on the bright yellow. I desperately need another stripe color though because it really messes with the pink. Kind of obscuring it. 

I also finally got the yellow crown on the blue body. Now I just need to pull in the dark blue limbs to that. 

I may throw some feelers out for the regular bright yellow and dark blue eggs. A couple people reached out to me about them. 

So breeding wise it was a very successful weekend. 

Other than the breeding I didn't do too much. I helped my tribe mate farm metal strcutures as he was rebuidling his abb base from essentially the ground up. 

I jumped to my anky buddy's server (I am in their tribe) and helped them raise their Giga's, Mammoth's, and run the swamp cave. Using that Carno made me realize I needed higher stamina on the Carno. They had 1350 and it still went down fairly fast. For anyone wondering about that cave. 

You want a good saddle on your Carno. If you can, 10k hp, 500+ melee. Wear only a gas mask and put a high melee (don't need to worry about hp) neutral vulture on your shoulder. The Vulture takes on the mosquito's while you can focus on the spiders, centipedes, leeches, megalania, and boa's with the Carno. An imprinted Carno is even better but really it depends on how many times you are running it. If it's a mad quick dash, well I haven't lost more than 2k hp from one loop so stamina and melee will probably be more important. If you are gonna spend some time, higher hp is needed as well. 

I rebuilt an area of my base with some metal structures I had been holding onto and redid my greenhouse too. Tamed a Phiomia, finally again months after the first one was killed, and increased veggie crops. If we're going to be raising Theri's we'll want access to mass veggie cakes for the fights.

Overall there was some tedious times but i really liked when my tribe mate was over and we worked together, even just farming metal, crab/anky combo for the win. 

I enjoyed running the swamp cave a few times. 

We did run another Alpha Brood and Alpha Monkey to get our rag buddies some additional engrams unlocked. 

Last night we ran back to back Alpha Rag. Someone snuck into the second fight with us so I brought some Golem's to them. 

I did lose another Rex under my allies control's. So weird. Maybe I need to bump their hp up to 35k. I run with all 100+ saddles so they must be getting toasted by the Dragon early. My tank Rex's are fine. Last night after run 1 they were only down 2k and 3k. The one I was riding also got the Manticore in the 2nd fight. Tried to tell him, the Manticore, that it ain't no chump. lol

So this weekend is a normal 2x event. A lot of people are going to be raising. I'll raise a little but am focusing on easier raises. Carno, if i can find good melee, Argy, Vulture, probably some Rex's with the new 14k, 461 melee line. I also have a friend throwing me a 472 egg which is very nice. I'll bypass Quetzal's and Yuty's this week. I will run the swamp cave in between feeding and imprints, and will come out of there with one of my saddle bp's. 

Until next week. 

• Like 7