So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

17 hours ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

That would have helped the island. Don't have any DLC yet.

My favorite spot on the Island map is the top of the small Mountains in the Redwood Biome. Nearly center of the map. Easy access to the metal nodes on that very mountain. A quick fly over to the volcano mountain for Obsidian and crystal. Lots of trees in the Redwoods, plus there is a natural path leading up to the top of that mountain, to ride your dinos up.  Easy to defend from most dinos. A few Species X plants coupled with a couple gates, and you are pretty secure.  That area gets rain for crop plot growth, and their are plenty of bushes for berries nearby as you descend the mountain. You are close to beaches for tons of dinos to kill when gathering meat. 

Because it is on the top of a mountain, I have to use pillars and build out from the cliffside, when expanding the base. Also, try to not build directly on top of the metal nodes, but instead a bit away from them.

Resources you will need to travel for are Oil, pearls and poly.  Otherwise most everything else is right in that area.  Just keep yours eyes open for the occasional Alphas that span in the Redwoods, and watch out for Thylas jumping from the trees.

Major drawback is that there are no nearby OB. BUt if you aren't going to do a lot of Boss fights, then no big deal.

Of course I am assuming PvE.  if you are doing PvP, I have no answers for you.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 5

We got a lot done today in a short ammount of time. Started by wiring up the rex factory with s+ internal wires. Then dropped a generator, an s+ ac, 3 s+ fridges, and 4 s+ troughs. Not a full setup but enough to hatch a few rex this weekend. 

Next my wife finishes up the roof and i grab an anky and a couple argents and gather some oil for gas since we have 2 generators to fill now. On the way back from getting gas I swing by blue obelisk to pick up the 3500 flint ive been stock piling there. Get everything back to the main base and get the gas cooking. 

At this point my wife had finished the roof, so we decide to take all of our gathering dinos back to our main base, filling up with stone, wood, berries and thatch on the trip back. 

Next we grabbed an imprinted pair of our breeder rex and go on a meat run to load up our fridges in the rex factory. We make a big loop through the snow biome, past the volcano and back to our base and end up with enough meat to fill the 3 fridges. Surprisingly we saw no alphas.

To finish out the morning I hopped over to aberration to grab a few of our dung beetles for oil and fert while my wife gathers some more stone. Then we fill up both generators, craft up a bunch of spark powder and log off to go to work

I think we are going to hatch 4 or 5 rex eggs after work tonight. At our rates it only takes 5 hours so they should be finished by bed. We wont get much play time tomorrow but I should be able to do another 5 eggs. Sunday we should be able to play a while so I may look for a yutty pair and female bary as well as hatching more rex. Im also going to look for another couple wild rex to tame, hopefully something with great hp, we have a rex with decent hp but it could always be better

• Like 5

This is more of a what I did outside of Ark, but for Ark, today. Heh... I've been looking up settings to adjust Spider and Monkey element drops on my dedicated server. I'm all for having to unlock Tek by defeating bosses at different levels, even if I'll never be able to defeat some of them solo. But the element grind, which I've only experienced in a past SP game, is something I'd like to avoid to a certain degree. And since I'm almost ready for my first boss try on the server, (Just need that high level Yuty for breeding,) I figured now would be a good time to make those changes and see if they work.

Happy Arking, All!

• Like 2

Aberration - modded single player: An Army of Black Dimorphodons 

So, the nine babies from the previous update are all grown up, so the first thing I did was take my two new wyverns out for their first flight...to eat everything in sight for levels.

Then I bred my next generation of pure black dimorphodons and got four more eggs, and fired up the S+ mutator to breed my gold and bronze wyverns again. I got basically exactly what I was hoping for: a second generation bronze male, that I named Zephyrus, and a second mixed male that I named Boreas and recolored in shades of brown, so now I have my complete Pern set.

The wyvern breeding / gestation takes about twenty minutes, so I waited around for the first imprinting cycle, cooked my dimorphodon eggs down to ninety seconds to hatching...imprinted my bronze wyvern, hatched and secured my new dimorphodons one after the other, popped over to imprint my brown wyvern, and the next set of babies on the nursery level had been set up for just a few minutes between each imprint, leaving me with a solid hour between my brown wyvern’s imprint and the next time my bronze will be up.

I hung around with my new dimorphodons...another four jet black, un-mutated birds...to keep meat in their inventory until they hit juvenile. With my settings just after their first imprint they’ll get there, so for about ninety minutes I just hopped between baby birds, putting meat on them.

Once things were well in hand on the nursery level, I went out with one of my unicorns to restock berries, and while I was out found a 108 female pony to tame. I always keep carrots with me, but jeeze is it stressful to do a pony tame while one of my other pets is around. Fortunately I build unicorns ala “Cabin in the Woods,” and Snowflake could take care of herself for a few minutes while I did that.

The last event of the day was another instance of something coming right to the front door to ask if he could stay. I’ve been loosely contemplating getting a spino nearly since Aberration came out...I even had a saddle made, but I hadn’t found a spino that clearly said “mine.”

But I noticed I had company uncomfortably close to the front behemoth gate when I went out the side to my greenhouse to fertilize my crops, and since I have been debating about getting a spino, I pulled out my spyglass before committing to going inside to get something to eat that...and it was a perfect 120 black spino with an orange belly and red-orange fin. As black is my favorite color and he was max level, I came to the obvious conclusion he’d made his way to my house looking for a home. Knocked him out from the safety of the hangar, grabbed the saddle I’d made out of my saddle storage box, and tamed him in remarkable peace and quiet, considering that my area is often crawling with two-three each spinos and karkinos. Once he was done, I popped the saddle on him, led him inside and named him Hex...making him my second spino ever. His predecessor was a low level I tamed on Xbox very early on. And though I loved Poseidon, I had not since lived in an area condusive to ever having another.

I’m pretty thrilled about him.

Next up; more baby raising, and I think I’m going to expand my abandoned starting Outpost to turn into that offsite facility I desperately need.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, LadyCrescent said:

Once things were well in hand on the nursery level, I went out with one of my unicorns to restock berries, and while I was out found a 108 female pony to tame. I always keep carrots with me, but jeeze is it stressful to do a pony tame while one of my other pets is around. Fortunately I build unicorns ala “Cabin in the Woods,” and Snowflake could take care of herself for a few minutes while I did that.

..and it was a perfect 120 black spino with an orange belly and red-orange fin. As black is my favorite color and he was max level,

I just keep picturing A unicorn with a face like the clowns from the movie "Killer Klowns from Outer Space"  spooky!!!

Black and Orange are my favorite too! My home town school system was "the Tigers" and so all of our athletic gear from elementary thru High School was a combo of Black Orange and White. Spinos are my first love in ARK, and only because of their size commitment, did I stop breeding them when I got to about 50.  But I always wanted an all black or black and orange one.  Earlier this week I found just such one, and a level 150! But it was in a section with a ton of other baddies, and I did not have the supplies with me to build a trap to tame it in.  That was actually on my list to due this weekend.  Hope it is still alive!

CONGRATS on your Spino!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chudz66 said:

This is more of a what I did outside of Ark, but for Ark, today. Heh... I've been looking up settings to adjust Spider and Monkey element drops on my dedicated server. I'm all for having to unlock Tek by defeating bosses at different levels, even if I'll never be able to defeat some of them solo. But the element grind, which I've only experienced in a past SP game, is something I'd like to avoid to a certain degree. And since I'm almost ready for my first boss try on the server, (Just need that high level Yuty for breeding,) I figured now would be a good time to make those changes and see if they work.

Happy Arking, All!

Once you can take out alpha monkey element is a lot easier. No risk for 110 element. I can farm alpha monkey with crappy theriz (6-8k hp 300-340 melee hatch) 

Didnt do much myself on ark last few days. Wife has her week off and any time i do get is rewatching Game of Thrones. Finally got all 7 seasons on blu ray with epic headset.. i love it! 

Just logged on to maintain Rag, logged over to scorched for 45 mins or so. Recovered my body from the last time i was on, ran around that 60 raptor for ages and managed to kite it away. No way I can kill it right now being a beach bob (I guess SE id be a pond bob) 

Went for a small exploration and found a low level parasaur. I need hide for other things, finally manahed a bed. So I chased it around whacking with a boomerrang. Just as I almost killed it my screen froze. I thought it was a glitch until I saw myself being dragged away.. Kapro. Didnt have time to get my body lol. Maybe tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Started and finished building a taming raft. Going to make taming so much easier and safer now. While building the raft tamed up two wild dilos that were hanging around. Pretty much took most of the night to build the raft.  Cant wait to tame some harvesters up, doed is first on the list now I have the raft then probably a thorny dragon or beaver. Added some more decorations to my base before logging off. 

• Like 3

A little update. Hatched some rex eggs tonight, ended up hatching 15 eggs but only keeping 5 rex. 1 male with 402% melee and 10.5k hp pre imprint, and 3 females and 1 male with 9.9k hp and 402% melee pre imprint and no mutations.

My next step is to breed the females with the tamed male I have that has 11,660 hp and hopefully get a male and female with 402% melee and 11,660hp to start a boss line

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

A little update. Hatched some rex eggs tonight, ended up hatching 15 eggs but only keeping 5 rex. 1 male with 402% melee and 10.5k hp pre imprint, and 3 females and 1 male with 9.9k hp and 402% melee pre imprint and no mutations.

My next step is to breed the females with the tamed male I have that has 11,660 hp and hopefully get a male and female with 402% melee and 11,660hp to start a boss line

I've been breeding my rexes this week, maybe this weekend I will hatch some.  Tonight I went and saw Avengers Infinity War. Needless to say, too mentally drained to play ARK tonight. a lot to process from that movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I've been breeding my rexes this week, maybe this weekend I will hatch some.  Tonight I went and saw Avengers Infinity War. Needless to say, too mentally drained to play ARK tonight. a lot to process from that movie.

Keep your eyes on some good theriz too! I personally like them more for bosses! 

Speaking of which, started today hatching a few more eggs. Got all my stats combined into a female at 238 hatch. Now theyre sitting 8k hp 596w 343 m596w plus some useless stats. I have about 6 of the gen 2 ones now (plus the army of 20 on island) im going to amass another group of 20 for dragon / backup. During hand feeds I wanted to finally get a wyvern here and headed out to the trench. I got real lucky, first nest i happened across a 185 lightning egg! Went back to base, hatched it (came out deep cobalt blue with dark wings & white spine feathers/scales) Went back to the scar, set up a wyvern trap and knocked out a 60 female. Forgot how easy these are. The wyv hatched with decent stats, 8.1k hp 675 stam (crap) 600 w and 305 melee.

Today I decided im going to switch my Nitrado to Scorched and tranfer my character naked, put all my tames into rag / island SP and start fresh on SE (as my level 91 lol) naked, work my way up without items / help (no flyers either) until im satisfied to find some way to RP / cost my previous dinos. I will still be continuing my boss ascension lineup now that all my eggs are where I want them to be for now. 

Im going to make my SE server lightly boosted (2x harvest, 0.5x xp, 3 or 4x tame 8x breed)  and max wild dinos 200+ (havent decided exact number yet) After a lot of research online about saves / different maps I figured out you *can* switch maps and have two different saves going with Nitrado but they only store so much data and your unplayed map is likely to get overwritten if you dont switch enough. Im not going to take that chance so im uploading most of my rag and liquifying the essentials in base but keeping the shell and bones incase i can switch back.

I cant transfer eggs (tested they come out at lvl 1) so i just hatched 9 rex eggs. I have 13 rexs sitting around, im going to raise em up, transfer to rag or island and save them for future needs. Once all my raises are done i can start switching the map and rates. Long night ahead with all the rexs & transferring I need to do!

Good luck Arkers!

Might as well edit the last part of my night in. Got everything transferred over to SP (took hours) and after all the breeds were done I uploaded my toon and started scorched. I put difficulty override to 7, should make roughly 220 dinos. 

My first random spawn got instagibbed by a 211 wolf. Ahhh.. scorched :) Even on my lvl 91 naked char i struggled for a few hours between spawn points and areas. I finally managed to get a bed and a thatch hut in a semi secure location. Since im 91 i learnt most engrams and got a few pieces of desert cloth and a small starter shack going. Ill be busy most the day but im really excited to start again tomorrow night! Its nice fearing the wild even at a high levelm

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

Hi All,

Today I hatched 2 rex eggs  and raised them.  I was Lucky its a couple (Boy-Girl)

I also farmed some metal :)

MALE:

Baby Lvl 225

HP 8140  |  STAM 1848  |  OXY 630  |  FD 11400  |  WGT 790  |  MEL 366.9

FEMALE:

Baby Lvl 303

HP 13420.1  |  STAM 2016  |  OXY 750  |  FD 11400  |  WGT 850  |  MEL 461

Bye bye

Edited by Giganticus
  • Like 4

Only thing I had time for today was another round of hatching. Hatched 6 eggs, but only kept 2. Both were females and both had 11,660 hp and 402% melee at hatch. We should have another 4 to hatch tomorrow and hopefully get a male with 11,660 hp and 402% melee.

We will have 3 or 4 hours to play tomorrow. Besides hatching rex we want to look for a pair of yutty, a female bary and maybe do a little caving. We are close to a boss breeding pair of rex so its time to start stockpiling artifacts and looking for a good rex saddle bp. Im hoping to be ready to make a boss run in 2 or 3 weeks, I know Ill have plenty of dinos by then but Im not sure if Ill have saddles

• Like 2

Okay, today was a good day for me and my tribe :)

We started with farming metal and building metal structures to upgrade our base. I guess we upraded 1/5 of our base right now. Thats a good start imo. :) Then we wen't to Lava Cave and Central Cave, our first time we did caves, besides the lower south cave which is very easy. I died in lava cave cus I fell in lava cus of a lag.. <.< lost all of my inventory .. rip ascendend flak armor :( yep - I were stupid enough to take my best armor in the cave.. Well.. learn from ur mistakes I guess :)

So we had all 3 needed artifacts for broodmother, we are playing on the TheIsland, so we wanted to start the fight since we had pretty good rexes :)
So we gathered 19 Rexs and 1 Yuty and went to the Drop Point near our Base in the water.. We had to wait for like 30 min till 1 popped up. Looked funny, all this rexes on 1 little spot .. just like a dirty bag of laundry.. never saw that before. We clearly need to think about another way to position the rexs for the bossfight.. dunnow yet.. maybe an obelisc or something but the ppl on our server don't want to have more ppl at the obeliscs. tbf it is pain in the ass to move all the rexes to 1 single drop x)

so we did gamma and beta broodmother, was pretty easy. just 3-4 k loss on rexs hp after both fights :) maybe we are ready for alpha? dunnow yet. will think about it :D

Afterwards I played solo a bit, did the caves solo, way harder than with 3 ppl but I took my time and did it pretty easy. With a pumpgun, compound bow was it pretty easy. Still need to find a workaround for the arthopleura but I guess I will have to look something up.. can't figure out something else than just doing range attacks..

well now I am offline.. that was my day in ark :) pretty productive I think!

have a good evening!

• Like 3

Got some time today! Started the morning off gathering bits of metal around and slowly stockpiling for clay. Still getting used to SE and saw my first sandstorm and lightning storm :P 

Got together a crossbow, a few bola and some tranq arrows, set off to explore the area and try to get a good tame. This place is so hostile! The desert armour helps a lot with water consumption and I was able to go quite a ways away. Constant barrages of raptors and saberteeth until I managed to come across a lone wolf in an empty area. I had some meat, bola'd it and tamed it with raw. 167 or so wolf. The levels are all weird.. i still dont know the max level but i figured the wolf would be a great first mount and wasnt that bad to down.

Now riding the wolf I was able to scout around a lot and get a bunch of hide and cactus sap for adobe. I ran around leveling the wolf and scouting for drops. Grabbed a low drops and to my suprise got a premade asc morellatops saddle from a blue or green drop. I was already looking for one but now I have motivation. Found a level 77 one near my base and a little cliff glitching later im riding my own Morellatops :) Hellooo cactus sap!

Theres a 140 something purple easter morella near my base, had to log for the day. Got most of my 3x3 into adobe and made a bunch of narcs with the help of my Morella. If the 140 is near ill tame it tomorrow! 

• Like 3

2nd update for today. Decided to jump on for a little bit tonight. Started out rather boring, I took the bronto to the swamp to harvest rare flower for our bee hive as well as making refertilizer to power our s+ incubator. While I did that my wife tagged a long with a rex gathering meat for our next round of breeding. Ended up with 1100 flowers and 1800 meat

After that we had about 45 minutes left to play so  I asked my wife if she wanted to go on a dangerous adventure that may end in us dieing. She said sure why not, so I said lets try the cave of the lost faith which was reall close to my base. We had no scuba and no decent water dinos, but I heard it could have good loot. So we left all our good gear at home, ate some chowder and hopped on the frogs

Now I had a long post typed out with good details of the trip but friggen fat fingered the back button on my phone and lost it all :(. Its late so Ill give a TLDR version.

Basically we made it to the artifact chamber, looted a blue crate and hit the jackpot, an 80% MC rex saddle bp and grabbed an artifact each. On the way out i ran out of chowder, got to the exit just as I ran out of oxygen and died halfway to the surface. Came back with a spino to recover my frog and body, only to come face to face with a lvl 200 alpha shark and a pack of 5 or 6 sharks. Tustled with it for several minutes, managed to get my frog to saftey and loot my body. Quickly brought the rex saddle bp back to base the my wife and I returned with spinos to kill the alpha shark which took another 10 minutes

So tomorrow our focus shifts to breeding rex and taming a yutty pair. I did not expect to get a good saddle bp this early.

Question from someone who has never done bosses, will an 80% saddle be enough for alpha bm and alpha Megapithecus with 19 45k-50k hp rex and a yutty? I plan on doing the 2 eaisier modes first to learn the fights, but wanted to know how good the saddle is.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

2nd update for today. Decided to jump on for a little bit tonight. Started out rather boring, I took the bronto to the swamp to harvest rare flower for our bee hive as well as making refertilizer to power our s+ incubator. While I did that my wife tagged a long with a rex gathering meat for our next round of breeding. Ended up with 1100 flowers and 1800 meat

After that we had about 45 minutes left to play so  I asked my wife if she wanted to go on a dangerous adventure that may end in us dieing. She said sure why not, so I said lets try the cave of the lost faith which was reall close to my base. We had no scuba and no decent water dinos, but I heard it could have good loot. So we left all our good gear at home, ate some chowder and hopped on the frogs

Now I had a long post typed out with good details of the trip but friggen fat fingered the back button on my phone and lost it all :(. Its late so Ill give a TLDR version.

Basically we made it to the artifact chamber, looted a blue crate and hit the jackpot, an 80% MC rex saddle bp and grabbed an artifact each. On the way out i ran out of chowder, got to the exit just as I ran out of oxygen and died halfway to the surface. Came back with a spino to recover my frog and body, only to come face to face with a lvl 200 alpha shark and a pack of 5 or 6 sharks. Tustled with it for several minutes, managed to get my frog to saftey and loot my body. Quickly brought the rex saddle bp back to base the my wife and I returned with spinos to kill the alpha shark which took another 10 minutes

So tomorrow our focus shifts to breeding rex and taming a yutty pair. I did not expect to get a good saddle bp this early.

Question from someone who has never done bosses, will an 80% saddle be enough for alpha bm and alpha Megapithecus with 19 45k-50k hp rex and a yutty? I plan on doing the 2 eaisier modes first to learn the fights, but wanted to know how good the saddle is.

Wow great luck!! To the question, 80 arm is a good saddle for sure. For BM alpha you might be cutting it close. Its a lot harder than medium and alpha ape. Hits like a truck. When you make the saddles just gather all the mats for a bunch at a time and mindwipe all crafting skill. Good chances to get a few 100 arm saddles. One of you could ride a megatherium for brood, extra dps over a rex especially player ridden to keep up bug buff.

Alpha ape is real easy as long as you dont fall down the hole. He does a bit of dmg but with 80-90 arm saddles, 40k hp and good melee you will be fine (110 element per ape aswell) 

• Like 2

Took the new taming raft for a spin. Finally found an ok doedic at the other end of the map in the desert, got it into the trap, knocked it out and started the journey back to base while it tamed up . Only a level 45, was hoping for higher but all the good ones were in areas too dangerous for me to kite to the trap.

About half way back disaster nearly struck next to the swamp biome. Sarco agroed onto my raft and began to munch my pteranodon. Eventually managed to get the ptera hovering just out of reach of the sarco above the water while I moved the raft to a safe distance. A few more hits and I would have lost the ptera. Sarco eventually got bored and swum off allowing me to whistle the ptera back to the raft, at which point the doed tamed up.

Before logging off just happened to notice a 150 wild ptera flying into my perimeter wall so I knocked it out and tamed it. 

• Like 4

Finally, 

Went to the NE Highlands wyvern trench and grabbed 2eggs, poison and lightning both 85 and only had one wyvern chase me down. Put in fridge because i have exams so i can't raise them. Was talking to someone in my alliance about what i got then he proceed to fly to my base and give me three more, 165 poison, 150 lightning and a 95 poison. In return i gave him a male raptor. (he ended up giving me one of the raised babys and a mutated baby which died by an alpha carno while in my roo's pouch) 

Note: this ^^ was last week

Saturday 

First off, i went for more eggs and lost a ptera (R.I.P cheddar). Did a round of bear and argy breeding (both babies died). Not a good start to the day but it gets better, i manage to purchase a 165 drake unlvled with 12 lvls ready(lvl 205 now) for some bps, apprentice flak and mastercraft ghilli plus some saddles, tamed some jerboas, bred them then tribemate killed the baby?. Finnished my greenhouse and tamed some pigs for poop. The tribe who gave me the wyvern eggs also came and gave me a rex in return they could borrow my best bps like mc saddles and crossbows. 

Sunday 

Well i came on and found out those babies starved, rip. Then when i was flying round on my drake i saw a black rex with white underside, checked lvl, 150, which is the max on my official server. Had no kibble so i was prime taming, on 90% i had to get my dinner and when i came back it had woken up and walking around the trap??. After that i turned my ramshackle bird platform into a decent sized aviary with wyvern, drake and griff storage either inside using behemoth gate or on the roof where i keep my drake. 

(will post the pictures soon ) 

Edit: just before i logged off an allied tribe said they where selling a 200+ quetz egg, and i need a quetz. so i ask mow much and he says offer, idk what to give him so i just list random mats. he says 700 poly, easy. so i head up to the black area, get nearly 2k obsisian, contract swamp fever from a pachyrhino and get heat stroke. heat stroke cured when i flew through the snow, and made a lesser antidote and got an achivement and the vampier eyes skin.

Edited by J4CKCR0MPT0N
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 12:35 PM, DauntingBeef08 said:

PVE Official Server Island map on xbox

I started off as usual doing a metal run and got some obsidian too, also extended my mountain base house a little to give the flailing tales of the anklyo and doed room .

then did some drop hunting and scouted for new base location. might have found somewhere near the Green obelisk, only issue is its on a slope but it is flat, i have put a thatch foundation and pillars as place holders.

i will log into single player and do a quick test build to see if it will work and also avoid wasting material, if it doesn ti will just scrap the pillars and let someone else build

On my island server i used to live just outside the green ob, we had a athway through our base that led into it. But it was auto decay destroyed coz i fotgot to keep logging on

So today sucks!

I had not been playing on my private server all week. Today I realized they probably need to be fed, so I transferred my character back over from my single player game.

Well surprise, surprise. I no longer am in my own tribe. All the dinos and structures are owned by my character, yet my character can't access them.  I am the only person with access to this server. DILO is going on?

I tried every admin cheat "Givetome", etc, and NOTHING works.  FML??

so now the base and all the dinos are of no use to me.  I suppose I will have to wipe map and start over.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

So today sucks!

I had not been playing on my private server all week. Today I realized they probably need to be fed, so I transferred my character back over from my single player game.

Well surprise, surprise. I no longer am in my own tribe. All the dinos and structures are owned by my character, yet my character can't access them.  I am the only person with access to this server. DILO is going on?

I tried every admin cheat "Givetome", etc, and NOTHING works.  FML??

so now the base and all the dinos are of no use to me.  I suppose I will have to wipe map and start over.

That is a bummer, try TakeAllDino and TakeAllStructure while looking at the dinos/structures and it should give them to you

TakeAl