So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Helped out others on the server mainly and then continued working on my Pirate Cave public build.

Funniest moment was flying down to the desert on Ragnarok to pick a Kangaroo with with my Argy to take for another tribe to tame up after selling him on the idea of using the fast, mega jumping Kanga for berries instead of a slow Trike.  I got to the desert, took quite some time finding a low level Kanga - all seem to be 130-150 and don't think the guy has time to tame up a high level so wanted to grab a lower one for him.

I eventually spot a level 60 and go in for the pick after resting to regen my birds stamina and once picked up I start heading north over the desert/mountains and back towards the volcano area to drop it off for him... ahhh ohh, ahh ohh, ahh ohh.. darn I didn't bring a canteen and I'm slowly dying from dehydration.  My mind throws me back to Scorched Earth and I head towards the mountains, keeping my health topped up with a couple health brews I have but still miles from water - I let the guy know I might not make it as dehydrated and the response is calm and well thought - "Why don't you fly towards the shore?".. doh! of course the desert on Ragnarok is surrounded by a coastline.  I bow my head in shame and sling a right turn towards the coast where I take a drink and continue my journey.

I ended the evening building fences around the top of my cave so that I don't get anymore surprise visitors dropping in (Carno nearly wrecked me and the other guy on one visit dropping from the land above).  I was then going to pull down my breeding "tower" (behemo gate height box) and make a workshop and stables but got distracted and instead bridged the islands in the cave to start working on my fishing deck area.

Will try and get some pictures together when it is more complete.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Chudz66 said:

Ack! I ended up with a bunch of Manta and Mammoth saddles during my time. The grinder was well fed, heh. Having suffered only 1/6th of your RNG pain, I can't say I know what it's like, but here's wishing that your luck changes drastically for the better!

Picked up a non BP Ascendant REX saddle on Ragnarok the other day.  Think it was a double red drop on the ice mountain just in from pirate bay.

• Like 2

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok

So my character is still in the Single Player world after I transferred over some dinos from the private server. So I decided to tame a few oviraptors, to help with the egg production.

Took forever to find one, and after searching all the areas I thought one should be, I was nearly back at base, when I passed over one. However it was on a small ledge, and I was having trouble with the wyvern picking it up. But finally got it, and tamed it up. A low level male, but for Oviraptors, I don't care about the level. I then went back out to search for another, as the dino pen is too big for one Oviraptor's range.  (I have 1 dozen Spinos, and 20 some REXs, plus allos and a few others in that pen.) So I finally end up over at Viking Bay, and my starter base. SO I decide to check on the Bronto I tamed the day before. and while doing this, I get some kill messages, that my Species X plants had killed a Ptera, then trike, then pego, then Oviraptor! Well crud that sucks.  So I figure since I'm at Viking Bay, might as well farm for black pearls and regular pearls. So I take the two sharks I keep in the bay jsut for this reason, and we kill all of the lobsters and get a nice batch of black pearls. Then we take off into the pearl cave, and gather up a few thousand. I am heading back out, when I get a BSOD (blue screen of death) and I have to re-start. When I start up again, I am in the water away from Viking Bay, with my Wyvern hovering above me. 

So that means I lost all of the pearls I had just harvested, due to the game rollback. So I quickly fly to the Viking Bay base, and search intently for the Oviraptor that was killed the first time around. Finally I see it, and after a few failed attempts, I pick it up and take it back to my Big Butte Base to tame it up. Well this one is a level 100, and it has very high Food level. So the starve was taking forever, but according to dododex, I still had 7 minutes before the torpor was over. So I ran around collecting some eggs and as I am walking back to the taming pen (with over 2 minutes left on the torpor timer) I hear the Oviraptor noise.  Sure enough, the damn thing woke up on me. Arrrgghh!  So I tranq it again (3 shots with a ASC crossbow!) and this time I just dump in the eggs I had just collected (rexs and spinos). Well about a minute later, the thing stands up tamed! I didn't check, but can only assume the food level had not re-charged, and it was still starving.  This was female, so going forward, I can just breed the male and female, instead of wasting eggs taming wild ones.

I called it a night after that, as I had to be at the office early today.

*** Here are a couple NOOB questions from a guy who has easily 2000 hours into the game *** ?

1) I see people posting about uploading dinos at beacons/drops. But I can't find that option in my game.  Is that a feature not available on PS4?

2) I still cannot figure out how to get the Griffin to do the dive attack consistently. about 99% of the time I just land on the ground. What PS4 controls buttons are need to do the diving attack?

3) I cannot figure out how to get the TLC argy to pick something up with it's beak. How can I do it?

4)  How much wood can a woodchuck chuck, after ARK gives it TLC treatment?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

So my character is still in the Single Player world after I transferred over some dinos from the private server. So I decided to tame a few oviraptors, to help with the egg production.

Took forever to find one, and after searching all the areas I thought one should be, I was nearly back at base, when I passed over one. However it was on a small ledge, and I was having trouble with the wyvern picking it up. But finally got it, and tamed it up. A low level male, but for Oviraptors, I don't care about the level. I then went back out to search for another, as the dino pen is too big for one Oviraptor's range.  (I have 1 dozen Spinos, and 20 some REXs, plus allos and a few others in that pen.) So I finally end up over at Viking Bay, and my starter base. SO I decide to check on the Bronto I tamed the day before. and while doing this, I get some kill messages, that my Species X plants had killed a Ptera, then trike, then pego, then Oviraptor! Well crud that sucks.  So I figure since I'm at Viking Bay, might as well farm for black pearls and regular pearls. So I take the two sharks I keep in the bay jsut for this reason, and we kill all of the lobsters and get a nice batch of black pearls. Then we take off into the pearl cave, and gather up a few thousand. I am heading back out, when I get a BSOD (blue screen of death) and I have to re-start. When I start up again, I am in the water away from Viking Bay, with my Wyvern hovering above me. 

So that means I lost all of the pearls I had just harvested, due to the game rollback. So I quickly fly to the Viking Bay base, and search intently for the Oviraptor that was killed the first time around. Finally I see it, and after a few failed attempts, I pick it up and take it back to my Big Butte Base to tame it up. Well this one is a level 100, and it has very high Food level. So the starve was taking forever, but according to dododex, I still had 7 minutes before the torpor was over. So I ran around collecting some eggs and as I am walking back to the taming pen (with over 2 minutes left on the torpor timer) I hear the Oviraptor noise.  Sure enough, the damn thing woke up on me. Arrrgghh!  So I tranq it again (3 shots with a ASC crossbow!) and this time I just dump in the eggs I had just collected (rexs and spinos). Well about a minute later, the thing stands up tamed! I didn't check, but can only assume the food level had not re-charged, and it was still starving.  This was female, so going forward, I can just breed the male and female, instead of wasting eggs taming wild ones.

I called it a night after that, as I had to be at the office early today.

*** Here are a couple NOOB questions from a guy who has easily 2000 hours into the game *** ?

1) I see people posting about uploading dinos at beacons/drops. But I can't find that option in my game.  Is that a feature not available on PS4?

2) I still cannot figure out how to get the Griffin to do the dive attack consistently. about 99% of the time I just land on the ground. What PS4 controls buttons are need to do the diving attack?

3) I cannot figure out how to get the TLC argy to pick something up with it's beak. How can I do it?

4)  How much wood can a woodchuck chuck, after ARK gives it TLC treatment?

1) We cant upload or dl via drops in SP. Also, if u want to say.. do island bosses brood is at green, ape at blue dragon at red. Its stupid.

2) Theres two griff attacks, the ground pound which is just head face first into the ground and the swoop claw (most dmg) i just use right trigger but the trick is to be in 'woosh' animation as you fly past said dino you attack. Ill often do ariel battles with griffins, you only need to be in woosh animation to hit. The trickiest part is staying in animation while flying past not hitting ground. How do you fly on griffin if you are going long distance? Think of it as a glider and constantly go down and up

3) I havent figured either.. i bet it only works on dodos, light pets and dilos

4) 76.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

Really busy today here at work, so just a quick recap.  Friday after a late day of work, I logged on and set looking for that 130 Easter Quetz .... well I never found it, but I did find a 140 regular Quetz and got that tamed up. The dang thing took FOREVER to KO. Not sure what the deal was, but it finally dropped. While starving it, I started putting up some spikes around it.  Suddenly, I poop pig falls from the cliff above and right onto the Quetz. I look up just in time to see a Carno come flying off the cliff, and thank goodness I was sitting on my Wyvern. (After I had dropped the Quetz, I was so close to my base, I ran home an swapped flyers) So I walk the Wyvern forward a few steps, and the Carno falls on top of us instead of the Quetz. He then lands outside of the spikes. I quickly back up and the Carno decides to continue after the poop pig. WHEW lucky break.

*SNIP*

Ive seen this mentioned a few times, is it good practice to let the tame get low on food before dumping in the meat/kibble etc ? does it make a faster tame

So, Rex-Force1 (RF1) is finally ready. They have their new MC saddles, are in the 20k to 25k HP range, and melee is 500 to 550. I named them Rex1, Rex2, etc., because I has creativity.  Lenny decided to help by painting the number 5 on Rex13, number 16 on Rex2, and a picture of a slice of pie on Rex 3. Luckily, I was able to catch him when he stopped to snack on some purple dye, so I only have a handful of confused Rexes. (One slightly troublesome Jerboa for sale, will air deliver via cannon if within range.)

Now I just need to take care of the Yuty, Rex Boss position. My green yuty, Hulk, is only mid-level, so I need to find a high-level female for some zug-zug. (I'm talking for Hulk, not me!) I'll probably have time for that over next weekend, though, so we'll see how things go.

I still need to learn how to best use a Yuty in a boss fight, but I can't imagine that will be too tough to get a handle on. And then, it's on to Gamma Charlotte.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

Ive seen this mentioned a few times, is it good practice to let the tame get low on food before dumping in the meat/kibble etc ? does it make a faster tame

My understanding  is that if you put valuable kibble in a ko'd dino and then the dino is attacked, it will drop the Tame Effectiveness %.  Some people would rather let the dino wake up instead of taming it when this happens, but it means they would have wasted the kibble already eaten.

So if you wait until the dino is starved, and then drop the food in, it normally tames up right away. As far as I know the total time is the same, just smaller chance of wasting kibble/food.

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

1) We cant upload or dl via drops in SP. Also, if u want to say.. do island bosses brood is at green, ape at blue dragon at red. Its stupid.

2) Theres two griff attacks, the ground pound which is just head face first into the ground and the swoop claw (most dmg) i just use right trigger but the trick is to be in 'woosh' animation as you fly past said dino you attack. Ill often do ariel battles with griffins, you only need to be in woosh animation to hit. The trickiest part is staying in animation while flying past not hitting ground. How do you fly on griffin if you are going long distance? Think of it as a glider and constantly go down and up

3) I havent figured either.. i bet it only works on dodos, light pets and dilos

4) 76.

ohhh so close, but the correct answer for #4 is Darude Sandstorm

2 hours ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

It takes the same amount of time. Its more so if the dino is either in a dangerous area and theres a chance it might die, or you are feeding it something with a fast spoil time like raw prime, so your not wasting resources. You starve it for as long as it takes to tame it then dump all the required food at once and it eats it all at once and tames.

Last night we hatched an aberrant spino egg for my wife to replace the one she lost yesterday morning.

This morning I searched for a high lvl female bary but gave up after 15 minutes. Then we decided we should continue work on the "rex factory", and got maybe half the walls done. By saturday we will have about 15 rex eggs to hatch so i need a good spot for them. 

Here is our progress on it so far. I hope to have all the walls and roof done by the weekend.

y4mSd96y_Hv1nWaQh6PivVu50mLZeYKKZHG_xbyp

I plan on putting s+ glass walls on the side facing the snow and a glass observation deck on the roof for watching for drops while we sit in chairs afk raising babies. Eventually it will have a fenced in area for all the full grown rex. Of course it will be outfitted with a dozen or so fridges for meat and berries and turrets/plant x on the roof to keep the badies away when we take the little guys for walks. This area is a hotspot for argent, rex, allo, sabre and alpha spawns.

This weeks plans are to finish this, find a female bary, and start pumping out rex

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 4

Getting a lot of alphas around my most recent base so i built half a metal tower for safe killing. Just realized i forgot windows though...

Also just experimented with a water filling station for my kibble/recipe cooking area, discovered It's pretty annoying until one can upgrade to a cooker which can have water run to it...

Aberration - modded single player: It’s a full house.

So, I still haven’t found a place for my offsite facility, mainly because I got distracted by my main joy in Ark, breeding.

I decided to take a break from the featherlight mutation pursuit, and instead hatched a round of dimorphodons. Four eggs, five jet black birds...no mutations, but that’s okay. I moved them out and tried again, and currently have another five jet black juvenile dimorphodons. Some day I will get a color mutation. Some day.

My two adolescent wyverns are sitting at around 95%...they should be finished today or tomorrow.

And, I realized my hoard of shoulder pets had something missing, so I spawned in four jerboas and immediately bred a fifth - my first jerboa baby, who hit a jackpot with a health mutation, but again not a used color region. I really do have abysmal luck. Fun fact, jerboas alert on earthquakes like they do for electrical storms.

And I also found a satisfactory female otter, and therefore took one of the dragons and ate the entire river several times over to gather fish. I accidentally ate a few otters and it made me sad. ?

But if I wanted to breed my otters I needed a boatload of fish, because one of the Ark quirks I find most inconvenient is the way carnivores of all sorts favor fish over meat, meaning otters (and my pelagornises in other games) have to be inventory fed because I hate the water in Ark and want to spend as little time as possible messing around in it.

And sure enough, my first juvenile otter is sharing the trough meant exclusively for her with every other carnivore in range. It’s a massive pain.

But she is adorable and Aberration’s extremely friendly, shallow rivers mean I don’t have to submerge to keep restocking, so I can cope.

That totals out to nine babies on the nursery level right now, and I’m going to wait until these little bundles of joy are matured before I add more. I’m thinking it’ll be another couple of wyverns and four more dimorphodons...and I might pursue more jerboas since I was handed a valuable mutation on a silver platter.

• Like 4

Mainly spent the evening last night on our Ragnarok PVE unofficial showing another player around the sillica pearl water tunnel under the water in Pirate Bay.  I also spent some time trying my hardest to get back from the desert alive carrying a thorny dragon with my argentavis - not fun! It would aggro and spike my bird when picked and I had to ride it out a few seconds without sprinting but continue to fly as soon as I stalled mid-air it would attack again.  To add to the problem the spikes are poisonous so not only was it dealing damage it also increasing my birds torpor - luckily got it back without it getting too bad and knocking my bird out.

I also got some pictures of the progress so far on my public cave:

Ragnarok_PirateBay_Cave.jpg

That's my modest home with the remains of my breeding "tower" / start of my workshop to the right/behind my home.

Ragnarok_PirateBay_DropGuards.jpg

Picture showing the walls above my cave to stop Carnos and the like wandering in for  a swim and light snack on my dung beetle and lystro.

Ragnarok_PirateBay_MirageDeckWaterfallSe

My relaxing/fishing area to the side of my home overlooking the waterfall coming in from above.

Ragnarok_PirateBay_DeckBridge.jpg

My dock and bridge across to the other smaller island - more salmon in the waters there so gonna setup a couple of small fishing huts.

Still have to finish the workshop and make a start on the stables and eatery/public bar.

• Like 3

Today we started up picking up ingots, crystal, and obsidian at the blue obelisk. Here is our argent army

y4molm3aDXNH96m5G5uOS3o9C_VSaaMBMBMe9m-V

Next we just continued work on the Rex Factory. Managed to get all but 4 walls finished before having to go to work. I also installed the s+ glass corner. I wanted to make it bigger but had less crystal then i thoughty4ms9JKaiuNn2YH5Q2pPUGG9mpJr2RMty1UpXBNo

y4mNa9WXXCXaAgrJrqN7ljB5KoJvjt1gq5mmTXE0

Tomorrow we will for sure finish the walls and hopefully make good headway on the ceiling. I'm really hoping to have it finished by Friday because I have plans with family Saturday morning so we wont be able to play our usual 4 or 5 hours, but Id really like to start hatching rex this weekend. 

• Like 4

PVE Official server

Last night i put in some good hours, but as usual felt like i got nothing really done.

tidied up the dino's again need to set them to passive and get my baryonyx back on guard duty.

while i was organising stuff from my argy a wild lvl 25 Lystrosaurus was wandering in my bass so i tammed him up to go along side another i have. 

Flew to my redwood mountain base and did a metal/crystal run with anklo. on the way back down spotted 2 sabers lvl 10 and 20, dropped the ankloy in base walls and headed back up. knock them out and started tamming with raw prime meat,suprised how quickly it jumped on tamming. got them back to base all tamed up, so now have 2 meat gatheres for that base too, 

also started cooking up some kibble to train a DEOD , want to start upgrading to stone walls so will be a great help, will wait for the 2x event to tame a high level one.

• Like 4

Last night spent a little time on my SP game. I was out farming poly to make my ASC Ghillie suit. I finally got a full set of ASC Ghillie BPs! Then I went back out looking for a Yuty. amazing how whenever I am on a Argy or Ptera, the Yutys are EVERYWHERE!  But when I'm on a Wyvern, none to be found!

Well, after getting fed up with not finding a yuty, I leveled up my new Daedon in Food, and thus spent the next hour doing continues meat runs. Near the last run, I was taking a stamina break near the castle, when a red and white (natural colored) Rex came out of nowhere. Seeing it was a 150, I knew I wanted to add it to my growing rex pack.  A while later I was finally able to drop it (they are much harder to tame now, as they don't derp out on rocks all the time. Now they just climb cliffs!)

According to dododex, it was high stamina and melee! So it will get added to the breeding program. While it was taming up, I flew over to my Viking Bay base and crafted a rex saddle. Once "Big Red" stood up perfect tamed, I rode him all the way back to my Big Butte Base, with my Wyvern flying after us. I must have put on 30 levels on him getting him back to base, as we just wrecked everything in sight. (thankfully no Allos or Alphas to deal with) 

Finally back at base, I had a bunch of eggs to collect, thanks to the new oviraptors. Then I logged off to watch some NHL playoffs and Hogan's Heros on tv.

I need to build an egg farm set up, to make it easier to see and collect the eggs. As well as some breeding pens, as I'd like to raise a full 20 more imprinted Rexs to take into Boss fights.

*** More questions for you the listening audience ***

1) For the second time in a week, I contracted some disease while attacking Pachyrhinos. It is not rabies, as there were no Onyx around, but my character kept coughing (and I had skull and crossbones icon), and the only way to get it to stop was to get myself killed.  I can't find anything about this in Wiki .... What disease are the Pachyrhinos giving me? and how do I treat it?

2) What is the best food to fill up Daedons when going into boss battle?

3) What is the best food to fill up Rexs when going into boss battle?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Edited by Aushegun

Had a fun weekend in Ark

Officials got 1.5x breeding so i wasn't sure how much of it I would get with Mother's day on Sunday but my mother was going away on Sunday so we made plans for Monday instead and I got me some quality hatching. 

I popped a lot of eggs I had stored up but as usual only a few made the cut. 

First with the 1.5 event my current crop of Quetz and Yuty finished a bit sooner. Which was good to make room. I traded several of them away too which I'll cover next. 

While hatching looking for my complete Quetz mute color i got triplets. They pulled the green beak, the orange head, but they also received an oxygen mutation and it changed the wing color to a color like this. It was a very cool color but looked terrible with the head and beak. I decided i didn't want to try and breed that color out as color's aren't my focus anyway and so i killed the triplets and kept on hatching. 

I ended up with 4 Quetz keepers. A new 0 mutation female and a male and two females of;

PS_Messages_20180512_111538.thumb.jpg.56ab3989b8d0389330453db235917ab4.jpg

The full color set. 

This allowed me to move all the mutes that got me to this point. I'm very happy with this and may even go outside of my line to find a nice body and a nice neck color. 

I also received a gift from a friend. 419.8 melee Theri egg. I hatched and got a female. she has a green stripe down her back so I am going to combine her with my purple male and maybe a cyan male (too see what it looks like) and pull in the 9.2k hp and 1710 stamina I have. She only has 20 total mutations so if i can get a male I may be able to even build on that melee/hp

I hatched a few abberant anky eggs looking to get a female with the 439.8 melee I had acquired in a trade, discussed last week, but was disappointed when a 424 melee female popped. I immediately contacted the guy. It seems like he grabbed the wrong anky and it is getting sorted. I should be able to pick up my male tonight/tomorrow. 

Here's a story of stupidity and a reason for hatching. I contracted swamp fever. I know you can use a lesser antidote to heal but mistakenly thought you could die to. since i was further from the base that houses most of our stuff i went to a side base. Put away all my valuables and went to die. I was in the highlands so i was running to the scar when i heard a Giga stuck in an enclosed area. perfect. i ducked under the gate ran up to the Giga and punched it. "You were killed by a level 140 Gigantosaurus." What happened next shocked me and saddened me a little but also gave me a reason for my next hatching. "Your level 303 vulture was killed by a level 140 Gigantosaurus." RIP. Totally forgot he was on my shoulder. Purple body. 2k hp, 598 melee. Has saved me so many times when I DC. Worst of all, was it was in vain as I still had swamp fever. 

I had my tribe mate make me a lesser antidote. I teleported over to a different location, and healed myself. 

I went back to base and dropped a few vulture eggs as I know I had 1125 hatch hp in the fridge. I also reacquired my vulture from allies who had 378 hatch melee. one of the eggs popped with the 1125 but it was female. So i also hatched an egg looking for a male. a purple male hatched. i raised both of them up on 1.5x and when finished I bred the male with the 378 female and got a blue male (378 is on a blue body, blue head bird) and raised him up. he just finished this morning so I will breed him with the 1125 hp female and get a few eggs from them to hatch for Sunday. 

I didn't hatch any Yuty eggs. I wanted the last ones to finish up so i could take stock and sell off and figure out breeding patterns. i got that sorted and resumed breeding to gather eggs for Sunday. 

I hatched more Argy eggs but no keepers. 

So it ended up not being any more of a normal breeding time from me besides for the reduced maturation timers. 

Trades;

I had several trades and inquiries about trades this weekend.

Traded a male Yuty that hatched 9900 hp, 2184 stamina, 355 melee for 4k poly and 2 artifacts. 

Traded a female Yuty already leveled up to 38k hp, 4100 stam for a full set of Rag artifacts

Traded another Yuty for a 140 tamed Basilisk. I just kind of wanted one. I asked my tribe mate if he wanted it for farming on Aberration but he did not so I am going to turn it into a killer instead. It started with 9k hp and 276 melee. 

I traded a full grown adult Theri 9.2k hp with 408 melee but leveled to 21k hp, 715 melee for 28 glowtail eggs. This was again for my tribe mate. He hatched all of those and we picked through and kept 7. They are raised so he'll move them over to Ab to start combining the stats. Could end up with a line that has 874 hp, 944 regen, 430 capacity, and 353 range. I assume that's good. lol. 

I moved a breeding pair of mute Quetzal's for two Tek behemoth sets. I also moved another mute Quetzal for a Tek behemoth set. This will go to my flyer barn as I start to turn that over to full tek. 

I believe i moved another Yuty as well. 

The rest of the Theri's didn't sell so I gave a few to my allies and killed off most of the rest. 

I did have a trade set up to get 8k poly for another mute Quetz but that player turned out to be on legacy. 

2x taming, xp, harvesting.

Last night they gave a special 24 hour event for 2x and I made sure to take advantage. I stocked my fridges for the week (long work week) and to help finish off the Quetzal's. I also started to tame my breeder females for the Megaloceros program. I expect to start that this Sunday as well as I have had several people inquire about it since they know I am going to work on it. i haven't found better base hp so will just need to start it and get it through mutes. The taming yesterday added 3 females for a total of 4 to the breeding pool. Three 135's and a 140. 

Rest of weekend;

No boss fights as my allies attended to outside Ark stuff. I added a third floor for the Quetzal's in their section of the flyer barn and I added a second floor for two Wyvern's in the Argy breeding section of the flyer barn. I also began to replace the pillars and the ceilings with tek. We'll do some fights during the week. 

I also jumped over to the island server we plan on ascending from and moved the Rex's off of red ob. One other crew stores their's up there and it's rude and a cluster. A small area had opened up on the beach below red so I brought over some gates and turned that into the Rex storage area for fights. It also makes it easier to feed them since i can place troughs there. I also took a Theri over there and sorted out some of the stuff. 

One of my allies allies are moving permanently to PvP so he is in a tribe with them on their island server and is going to merge with them on our rag server. We're not incredibly established on our current island server so we may just go over to his server where they are very well established. The tribe moving on is incredible builders so I can only imagine what their base looks like. lot of options to discuss there. 

I also bought and watched Black panther. What a great movie. Chadwick Boseman does a good job but Michael B Jordan's Killmonger was done great adding the right amount of humanity to the villian. Marvel rarely disappoints me. 

Coming up;

Start the Deer program. Get my shoulder Rex hatched, continue with the Yuty, Argy, and Quetz programs. Boss fights. Fun. 

Until next week. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Last night spent a little time on my SP game. I was out farming poly to make my ASC Ghillie suit. I finally got a full set of ASC Ghillie BPs! Then I went back out looking for a Yuty. amazing how whenever I am on a Argy or Ptera, the Yutys are EVERYWHERE!  But when I'm on a Wyvern, none to be found!

Well, after getting fed up with not finding a yuty, I leveled up my new Daedon in Food, and thus spent the next hour doing continues meat runs. Near the last run, I was taking a stamina break near the castle, when a red and white (natural colored) Rex came out of nowhere. Seeing it was a 150, I knew I wanted to add it to my growing rex pack.  A while later I was finally able to drop it (they are much harder to tame now, as they don't derp out on rocks all the time. Now they just climb cliffs!)

According to dododex, it was high stamina and melee! So it will get added to the breeding program. While it was taming up, I flew over to my Viking Bay base and crafted a rex saddle. Once "Big Red" stood up perfect tamed, I rode him all the way back to my Big Butte Base, with my Wyvern flying after us. I must have put on 30 levels on him getting him back to base, as we just wrecked everything in sight. (thankfully no Allos or Alphas to deal with) 

Finally back at base, I had a bunch of eggs to collect, thanks to the new oviraptors. Then I logged off to watch some NHL playoffs and Hogan's Heros on tv.

I need to build an egg farm set up, to make it easier to see and collect the eggs. As well as some breeding pens, as I'd like to raise a full 20 more imprinted Rexs to take into Boss fights.

*** More questions for you the listening audience ***

1) For the second time in a week, I contracted some disease while attacking Pachyrhinos. It is not rabies, as there were no Onyx around, but my character kept coughing (and I had skull and crossbones icon), and the only way to get it to stop was to get myself killed.  I can't find anything about this in Wiki .... What disease are the Pachyrhinos giving me? and how do I treat it?

2) What is the best food to fill up Daedons when going into boss battle?

3) What is the best food to fill up Rexs when going into boss battle?

Thanks in advance for your input.

1) Swamp fever, make antidotes (or drink wyv milk its a cure all)

2) Iguanadon kibble, other kibbles or cooked meat. Level just food on them. You dont bring them in the boss fights, you just use to heal between. Fill with cooked meat, heal up. To fill its food quick simply leave render and come back. It will eat to its full food level. To give you an idea.. my daedon has 100k food and that 100k will only heal all my theriz like 20% or less, if you brought in a boss fight you would need to ride it AND have over 3k kibble to make it last.. just ride yuty. Grab a few megatherium for your brood battles,,they own there :) 

3) Cooked meat, honestly you wont need it though. It heals to little to make a difference

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

1) Swamp fever, make antidotes (or drink wyv milk its a cure all)

2) Iguanadon kibble, other kibbles or cooked meat. Level just food on them. You dont bring them in the boss fights, you just use to heal between. Fill with cooked meat, heal up. To fill its food quick simply leave render and come back. It will eat to its full food level. To give you an idea.. my daedon has 100k food and that 100k will only heal all my theriz like 20% or less, if you brought in a boss fight you would need to ride it AND have over 3k kibble to make it last.. just ride yuty. Grab a few megatherium for your brood battles,,they own there :) 

3) Cooked meat, honestly you wont need it though. It heals to little to make a difference

1) I thought I could only get swamp fever from leeches.  learn something new all the time!

2) Thank you .... I can make a ton of Allo kibble, as I have so many females over at my Wyvern Scar base.  Did not know about the rendering trick either. Wow, feeling very Nooby this week.

3) ok, I see some videos where they are talking about veggie cakes, but wasnt sure if that is for Rexs too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

) What is the best food to fill up Daedons when going into boss battle?

Kibble gives the most amount of food for Daedons, but of course can be a pain to make mass amounts. Second best is cooked prime/mutton followed by cooked meat

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

1) I thought I could only get swamp fever from leeches.  learn something new all the time!

2) Thank you .... I can make a ton of Allo kibble, as I have so many females over at my Wyvern Scar base.  Did not know about the rendering trick either. Wow, feeling very Nooby this week.

3) ok, I see some videos where they are talking about veggie cakes, but wasnt sure if that is for Rexs too.

Dont worry the swamp fever thing is new haha. I just learnt the render trick a few weeks ago myself and been playing since first ea :p It is a full.time job trying to get meat/kibb for daedon.. i made 6 grills and went on a mutton spree, hours of work for one food refill lol