So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

7 hours ago, Mansda said:

so today get after realy long time tripl baby 

unknown.png?width=1214&height=342

so take care about some baby.

And now finish like 50-60% of another flor where i will housed my spino and finily anyy idi** diplodocus dont drop them to water.

unknown.png?width=1214&height=342

my babies on aberration had the same  colors XD
Edited by dodie44

Last night we spent a few hours working on the rex factory. Its a little bigger undertaking then I thought, but we got 3/4th of the 20x20 foundation done before taking a break from that (a good 1/3 needed to be double stacked too) . As we are about to leave an alpha rex shows up not far away, we decide to test out our battle argies and take it down without much issue. Just as we are about to leave 2 alpha raptors spawn so we kill them too.

We finish out last night running the central cave, this time more prepared and finished it with no issues other then broken armor. Now we have 4 artifacts from it. Next week we will run the other 2 caves needed for brood mother.

Today we continued work on the rex factory, and finally finished the floor and decide to hunt for gallimintus for our kibble farm. Find a half dozen running along the river near the redwoods and we managed to bola and tranq the  lowest level pair, on oppoisite sides of the river. We throw dino gates around both and watch them till they were tamed.

On the way back i spotted a 210 male rex, nice coloring too, white belly, black mid and a dark red top. So we get the gallies back and come back with our rex taming setup. Let him finish killing a bronto, then trap, tranq and kibble tame. He stands up with just under 11.5k hp. So we get him home and log off.

This weeks plans are to finish the rex factory, tame more rex, and hopefully start breeding rexes by Friday night. In between this we will be running caves and looking for saddle bps

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 4

Since ive gotten to the point where i can finally start making some Tek my first point of action when i logged in was to breed a few ankys (got triplets 2f 1m with my good stats) and to place a few ankys around the map to make the mass amount of resources farming easier.

Took an old anky and an argy to obsidian cave. I already have a spawn box there but an anky will pump up obsodian production. Nabbed my argy that was sitting on canyon top on my way by, dropped off the anky and filled my 2nd argy with obsidian (did i mention i love the argy tlc??)

Theres a good crystal spawn near on lava, got about 1k crystal then made my way to beaver paradise. Almost died looting some dams, argys were on neutral lol. When i got home I made all the poly (around 1k hard poly) and threw together 2x tek dino gates, a tek rifle, tek boots and a few tek foundations / ceilings.

The tek gun was very disapointing. Im running low on element, ill do another alpha monkey tomorrow morning and then im plum out of artifacts and tributes. I also need to farm more cakes and start on my improved theriz line. Every day I log in i breed my rexs and best theriz, so im sitting on a good stockpile of fert eggs

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Last night we spent a few hours working on the rex factory. Its a little bigger undertaking then I thought, but we got 3/4th of the 20x20 foundation done before taking a break from that (a good 1/3 needed to be double stacked too) . As we are about to leave an alpha rex shows up not far away, we decide to test out our battle argies and take it down without much issue. Just as we are about to leave 2 alpha raptors spawn so we kill them too.

We finish out last night running the central cave, this time more prepared and finished it with no issues other then broken armor. Now we have 4 artifacts from it. Next week we will run the other 2 caves needed for brood mother.

Today we continued work on the rex factory, and finally finished the floor and decide to hunt for gallimintus for our kibble farm. Find a half dozen running along the river near the redwoods and we managed to bola and tranq the  lowest level pair, on oppoisite sides of the river. We throw dino gates around both and watch them till they were tamed.

On the way back i spotted a 210 male rex, nice coloring too, white belly, black mid and a dark red top. So we get the gallies back and come back with our rex taming setup. Let him finish killing a bronto, then trap, tranq and kibble tame. He stands up with just under 11.5k hp. So we get him home and log off.

This weeks plans are to finish the rex factory, tame more rex, and hopefully start breeding rexes by Friday night. In between this we will be running caves and looking for saddle bps

If you nab some good level Baryonyx caving will be a butt load easier :) Theyre the ultimate island caver

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

I did not know that, thanks for the tip. Ill start looking for some this week, s+ grinder makes it easy to get raw prime fish meat.

No worries! They are small, fit in every cave. Any cave with water it double owns. It sits high enough so artho cant spit at your character and its hitbox is so that you can get a nice long range bite and also go face first into most medium-large dinos so your dimorph on shoulder (on attack target or agressive) can also hit. I suggest a pure melee one. If theres any fish near by, the bary will heal up super quick aswell.

Not to derail too much, just did another alpha ape and starting my better theriz today. Going to use them for dragon and possibly drag+manti on rag

• Thanks 1

Finally, 

For the first time went to the NE Highlands wyvern trench and grabbed 2eggs, poison and lightning both 85 and only had one wyvern chase me down. Put in fridge because i have exams so i can't raise them. Was talking to someone in my alliance about what i got then he proceed to fly to my base and give me three more, 165 poison, 150 lightning and a 95 poison. In return i gave them a lvl200 female raptor which they asked if i had. After this i place down another windmill and started making ac units for the hatching room under the stairs. Then i went and put 1000 metal each into my 4 forges for an industrial forge. I also flew to the volcano for obsidian for the poly. While cooking the metal i flew my argy into the deathworm ice cave to grab a few drops and got bugger all apart from some journeyman fur and i also saved some guys wyvern from 170 and 300 dire bears. Left the cave and found a yellow drop with a red rind and got a mastercraft pteranodon saddle and an apprentice pump shotty. Went back and dyed some saddles and armour and changed the lamp posts at my front door from blue to cyan then got an apprentice equus saddle bp from a blue drop with a ring.

To do

- Tame equus

- Craft equus saddle

- Finnish greenhouse 

- Make industrial forge 

- Make AC units

- Raise wyverns

• Like 2

Ho boy...where to start... This is gonna be a long one.

After three months of no ARK (but plenty of PixARK), me, S and A decided to return to our Aberration server. It took a while before we could even start playing, because of server maintenance and it also turned out that all our settings had been returned to vanilla for some reason. We had to fix that and it appeared we got it, except for egg hatching speed and baby maturation.

The plan was to go to the surface, as me and S hadn't been there yet. Said and done, all three of us jumped up on our Drakes and went to the entrance/exit we remembered the location of. Thing to note, was that I was horribly rusty with the glide controls (and I never was that good with them to begin with), S hadn't really used her Drake much, so only A pretty much knew what he was doing. What could possibly go wrong, eh? ? Well out on the surface, we got attacked by Reaper Kings, me and S totally panicked and took off in different directions, while A tried to keep us calm (didn't work). We failed to get the Drakes gliding so many times and it was extremely frustrating, especially with Reaper Kings up our butts.
     This is when disaster struck. While me and S where whining, A had gotten surrounded by Reaper Kings and we didn't realize until the death message of Droopy (his pretty Drake) popped up. While trying to meet up, I took this screenshot of the rising planet (Earth?):

wwOT4w4.jpg
Somehow, we managed to rally around the red obi, A found me and we switched places (because he's a much better Drake pilot) and then we also found S. This had taken some time and we had to get off the surface before the sun rose. After a lot of searching, we eventually found the entrance/exit again and could leave before losing everything.

After this, we felt that A needed another, pretty and high level Drake, so we jumped up on our crabs and went down to the nests. S was a bit worried, as last time we did this she lost her crab, but since me and A had gone down there with two crabs and made it, we calmed her down about it. Just as when me and A went down there before, we were much smarter about the whole process and with me tanking the Drakes with Surimi, A and S smacked them while taking relatively little damage. We turned off our light pets from time to time, to get some nameless to spawn since this is the best way to get meat down there. We came away from there with two 190 eggs, a 185, two 170, a 165 and one 160. Quite a catch. After that we logged out.

The next day, the plan was; hatch baby Drakes and then go and try to find a high level reaper Queen and get A impregnated. ? None of us had even seen a Queen so far, so we were quite nervous about it, especially me and S given the giant cowards that we are.
     We killed two babies and kept the rest. Some of them were even quite good looking:

X0JhoHD.jpg

Oh, me and S were also practising gliding with our Drakes and we managed to figure out WHEN we failed getting them to glide properly. This is when A came to the rescue and told us how he did it (hold shift, press space and then W) and this worked! I know I will mess up again, especially during stress, but it feels great to finally getting to grips with the mechanic.
     Anyway, we all went into one of the areas where the Queens spawn and we found one pretty much immediately. It was a low level one, so we fought it (yep, us cowards managed to help A out). As we knew where one spawn was, we built a trap:
uFuJT1r.jpg

After it was done, A realized he had forgotten to bring a shield so he went and got two of them, while me and S stayed by the trap and kept an eye out. Looking at our Drakes, we suspected that another Queen had spawned (the feathers on their heads were standing up), which we told A. He came back and landed closer to the ground and found the Queen, she was right outside the gate of the trap AND she was a level 135! A kited the Queen, while I prepared to swoop down and shut the doors behind her and S prepared to drop down in front of her:
sJ34Kbw.jpg

Everything went according to plan and I cackled gleefully while shutting the doors on her and then we started fighting her, taking her hp down until she started emitting the reddish glow/aura (it kept turning on and off, so you can't see it in the screeny):
pVYDJ8L.jpg 

You see where I sit, right? I'm on the Drake with blue feathers. While the Queen was focusing on A who kept trying to get close to her when she had the red aura, I was sitting there, watching the spectacle and we were wondering if she was bugged somehow. Luckily, she started emitting a stable red aura, A moved in and I was all of a sudden in the trap with the Queen! She had snatched me from my Drake and impregnated me while I was watching from the sidelines! So, with like 1 hp left and very surprised, A told me to get back to my Drake and keep safe since if I died, the baby would die too.
     Back in the base, I now had to get as much xp as possible, so me and A jumped on our Spinos (btw, while the TLC Spinos look silly when walking/running/walking on two legs, they're AMAZING much fun to use now) while S took her Drake and we went out and cleaned the map pretty much. We went down into  the red zone after cleaning out all the Spinos in the fertile zone. Down there, we killed pretty much everything we came across and we also got attacked by several Queens, once two at the same time (A almost lost his Spino then). I managed to get full xp on the baby and then it was time to log out again and A shut down the server so the baby wouldn't...burst out during the night (there was like three + hours left).

The following day, after A had started up the server, I logged in, secure in the knowledge that I had several hours to build an enclosure for the baby, but it turned out that I had less than like 10 minutes since A had changed the egg hatching speeds and thus, the gestation speed too. So I panicked and shut myself in on the second floor (we had planned to get a glass house for the baby, so we could see it), but since A and S wanted to see the miracle happen, A cheated in some glass parts and built a glass-room with me inside on the second floor. Well, the "baby" burst out and I imprinted on the ugly little larva:
9CBPbIK.jpg

When he turned juvenile, I could move him to the other babies since he stopped trying to attack every creature that got too close. Mommy, a.k.a. me, used a pheromone gland so I could feed him and we also sent in S loaded with meat, only so we could see if he would kill her (he did). All in the name of science of course.

After us going down into the red zone yet again today, harvesting red gems and leveling our new Drakes, Kingpin (my Reaper) was all grown when we got back (huzzah for sped up maturation times!) and he's such a cool looking monster:
q702WPt.jpg

I'm kind of happy his mom grabbed me instead of A and A's totally jealous. ?

Plans for the following week are:
Finding and taming good Spinos

Expand the base (it got very crowded all of a sudden...)

Edited by TotallyUncool
wasn't done
  • Like 5

Guest DJRone89

After a long break from Ark (only jumping on to feed dinos, admin cluster etc), I’ve started up a Theriz bloodline.

Not sure what stats are great but I tamed a 140 on Friday that had 7432 HP and bred it with my 355 melee, so hopefully I’m off to a good start.

These are for the Ragnarok bosses.

Big bears game of tames - unofficial Xbox - Ragnarok and aberration. 

Been busy again with real life and the lady. Kick off to camping season starts next weekend, been prepping and spending money to live homeless hahaha. Going to be in bear country so I hope I don't see a dire bear or dire wolf ? 

Been trying to get a buddy to cluster his island server with my 2 maps. So spent most of my time in party and on his map, showed him how to build turret towers and help a fella on the map fix his house (bad snaps leading to cracks and misaligned structure.) he didn't care but the host and I are pretty anal when it comes to buildings lol 

After that I left and came back to my rag server and started building a perimeter wall, which has been against my religion for the last 3600 days lol. Ive run out of real work to do  and I'm sick of choring, so I've made work projects, thus I've decided to drop the cloak and dagger base model I've been using and make it more realistic to pvp application. Adjusted regrowth radius for structures from 0.0 to 0.2 or 0.4 can't remember. Base is now well exposed lol.

First job on the list are large walls across the west side of my valley. Started with laying out the foundations in stone. Couple of failed placements later I was happy with location. Going to take me a while to do it alone but that's ark. Half is currently laid out. Need mats for behemoth gates and 3838204747393 more walls and foundations. Note I'm not a fan of behemoth gate walls/fences like most prefer to do. 

On aberrtion, I've set up shop near the northeast surface tunnel. I've set up a stone outpost temporarily until I find a better place to set up with my pre fabbed Tek structures. Kinda like my location now. Not too hard to isolate, water, 765446386436843864386438643683 fish to kill and raptors have been the worst I've encountered. Tamed 2 otters and bred them. Cute buggers lol. 

After i fill troughs I ventured out to one of 2 places I found drops to transfer back to rag. Along the way I encounter raptors...much more intimidating now that they can pounce, still doesnt help me pay attention as I run into one well befor I see it, dispatched that one, a little further on being more vigilant I spotted another raptor, same time another one spots me so end up having 2 on me now. Feck feck feck I thought but it was child's play, I got lucky. Lol after that I found my beacon and Scotty beamed me off to rag. Was done for the night after that.

The outpost - yay for night pics lol

980d0ad6-3abe-41ac-919d-cb8c2b6b3ea1.PNG

The critters ?

d3948b31-fee1-43bc-a423-06739eb394fe.PNG

• Like 4

So after my post yesterday we decided to hatch a couple rex eggs and a couple aberrant spinos eggs we had saved on aberration. We hatched 2 rex eggs and got 3 rex out of them, all 100% imprinted with around 12k hp and 436% damage after imprint and a pair of spinos who also got 100% imprint.

This morning our goal was to get a bary. So while I looked for a bary my wife took her spino out to get fish meat to convert to prime. While I was looking tradgedy struck. My wife gets stun locked by jellies, no matter what she did she couldnt get the spino free, tried whistling follow and leaving rendering which didnt work. And she couldnt shoot the jellies because they were stuck in the spinos model. Rip un-nammed spino :(

I was just about to give up and I found a 202 male bary. I scoop it and drop it in a pen and tranq it. Then i took my spino out a get the rest of the fish, convert it to prime fish in the grinder and tame the bary. 

Tonight we will hatch another spino egg or 2 and get my wife another one. Then tomorrow we will look for a female bary and start breeding them for caves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/13/2018 at 10:04 AM, Chudz66 said:

After two-ish months, I finally got a Rex saddle BP!!! WOO HOO!!! It's an MC, 76AC one, so not the best, but I should be able to do some bosses now. Plus the crafting cost isn't too bad either.

Over a year now, and I have never found a Rex saddle or BP; but I have 25 Manta & Mantis Saddles and about 20 ASC Morellatops saddle! :Jerbmad:

• Sad 1

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

Really busy today here at work, so just a quick recap.  Friday after a late day of work, I logged on and set looking for that 130 Easter Quetz .... well I never found it, but I did find a 140 regular Quetz and got that tamed up. The dang thing took FOREVER to KO. Not sure what the deal was, but it finally dropped. While starving it, I started putting up some spikes around it.  Suddenly, I poop pig falls from the cliff above and right onto the Quetz. I look up just in time to see a Carno come flying off the cliff, and thank goodness I was sitting on my Wyvern. (After I had dropped the Quetz, I was so close to my base, I ran home an swapped flyers) So I walk the Wyvern forward a few steps, and the Carno falls on top of us instead of the Quetz. He then lands outside of the spikes. I quickly back up and the Carno decides to continue after the poop pig. WHEW lucky break.

Soon it gets dark, and suddenly I noticed glowing eyes getting closer. I've never seen Troodons on this part of the map, but there were 4 of them coming my way.

Just in time, I get my fire wyvern turned around to face them, and bring a rain of fire upon them! Another crisis averted.

A couple raptors and sabres latter, and as the sun rises the Quetz pops up perfect. I put a platform saddle on it, and fly it home. It got good boost in stam and weight. So I immediately went on metal run along with my 145 Anky.  Well the Anky got the worst roll on weight with each level going up like 12 pounds only :( . But with the great weight on the Quetz, we eventually got a bunch back and into the forge.

Saturday:

I then took the Wyvern out looking for another high Quetz with no luck. I recently decided to try the boss fights again, so I have been keeping an eye out for top level Daedons and Yutys. I spot a 145 Yuty, and try to set up a dino gate trap to lure it into. The plan is going well, when the Yuty side steps the trap and goes around it (while all his carnos get stuck in the trap) He starts attacking me on the wyvern, so I quick take to the air, to get away from it. Well the wide turning radius of the wyvern causes me to fly over the edge of a cliff, and the Yuty follows me over the edge. down into the river gorge. I find it on a patch of land with about 6 raptors and a carno.  While I sit there trying to figure out what to do, the carnos from up above drop in, since I never closed the gate on the trap. So now this little heavily woods patch of land is full of baddies and I am out of trap materials (no S+ for this console peasant)

I fly back to base and craft up another trap. Fly back to the Yuty..... and it is GONE along with all the carnos. Only the raptors are still around. I have no clue what happened, but assume they de-spawned?

So back on the Yuty hunt I go, and I find a 150 Male Daedon. Which I needed because I have two 145 females, one of which is enormous points in food, and the other in HP. So I need to breed up a couple battle pigs. I drop the male into my taming pen. Knock him out and start to starve him. I run around the base doing some stuff, and eventually I check on the pig and it is time to feed it. So I dump in mutton and when I come out of my menu screen, I accidentaly punch the pig. ( ?FML) So he only tamed at 94% oh well.

I also tried to find and tame female gallis for the imprinting kibble, but I accidentaly killed them all while try to tame them! what pansies!

While looking for Yuty, I came across a 145 Dire Bear, so I get that tamed up, and then went out an tried to tame a giant bee.  For some reason, all of the hives on Ragnarok are triple spawned or more.  Meaning the hives are layers 2...3...4 on top of each other. Makes it impossible to tame a queen.  So fed up with that glitch, I spawned in a Queen and followed her around until she tamed on rare flowers.

While chasing the queen around, I saw a 145 Male Rex, so I return to find him, lured him into a trap (took forever, because he kept getting distracted) and then got him tamed up.

Sunday: (after celebrating mother's day at my Moms.)

I needed some pearls, so I flew to Viking bay, and built a tiny outpost. Tamed up a 145 shark and 100 Carno that were in the area, and took the shark to the pearl cave in the bay. Grabbed about 5k pearls and headed back to base.

At this point I realized I needed to transfer some of my Easter tames over to my SP game, so I loaded up a bunch of them (mostly jerboas, a few pachys, argies and Ankys) and transported over to SP Rag game.  Downloaded those Dinos, got them put away in the base. And then took one of my Wyverns out for tour of the map. Checking on the outposts and feeding dinos, collecting eggs, filling up beetles, harvest crop plots, etc. While at my Viking bay starter base, A bronto fell off the cliffs above right next to my base. So I decided to tame it for fun. IT was only a level 25, but will be perfect for farming berries to feed the herbivores I house still at the starter base.

I also watch my 2 max level pegos that I put on aggressive and wander, as they killed to Trike!  hilarious!

Then I logged off, watch John Wick movie and called it a night.

• Like 5

After i played a few month unofficial i was bored. So i thought i try again an official Server. 
I just want to build little and have some fun. I searched a Ragnarok Server and spawned at Jungle 1. 
I walked 1 minute off the beach and build on 3x3.
I forgot how long i take to level up and that u got not much much ressources. First day i build a 3x3x2 Thatch Hut. 
Then grinded Wood and Thatch and Fiber to prepare for wood. At the Beach from Jungle 1 there are always the starter boxes. 
I got a sword a xbow and a few arrows. But that didnt help me as a Theri found me.
2nd Day i could build all in Wood. i made a 2nd floor. But on one side i couldnt add the wall. the game was saying i build to near to a neighbour. 
Really strange cause i was 4 walls high and everything elese could be build around it.
So i added 2 Foundation on the other side of my building to get more space.
3rd day i was ready for stone. First i learned to make metal ingots and a smithy. 
After that i grinded enough stone that the ground floor is now completely Stone.
i wanted to tame a moschops, since u can ride him it would be a good starter mount. 
I found a Level 25 and he only wanted Mejoberrys or rare flowers. 
But at 53% taming another player came on his low level Raptor and killed a Moschops ( he needed more then 30 Seconds for it). 
I like people who interrupt taming process and dont answer -.-.
A few Minutes later i found a Level 100 Moschops and tried again. This time a Player on a Pterandon came along and killed the Moschops. 
Thats when i had enough of taming. i walked to the beach and killed every Dodo and Lystro. 
Really need spoiled meat for Narcotic and enough leather for Clothes. 
Still running around naked. Now im crafting enough narcotic so i can tame a little Trike. 
But first i will build a little Wood Building with Trough for him.
Thinking about learn the cooking pot for making Dye.

Recently started on a new server on Ragnarok so been mostly leveling up and exploring. Got an equus, a pteranodon, 2 dodos and a raft to my name. Its a simple life being a sailor lol Explored most of the coastal areas before settling down in a safeish area.

So todays task was continuing with a perimeter wall enclosing off a few hilly areas to build up a base. Want to get the raised areas blocked off first to prevent wild dinos wandering up to where I will build my base. Will worry later about the lower areas at a later time when I can expand once I have the resouces and means to do so. Tonight I only managed to get a behomoth gate and some walls down blocking of the largest raised area before calling it a night. Still living out of the raft. Progress is slow atm cause of being so busy with work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Over a year now, and I have never found a Rex saddle or BP; but I have 25 Manta & Mantis Saddles and about 20 ASC Morellatops saddle! :Jerbmad:

Ack! I ended up with a bunch of Manta and Mammoth saddles during my time. The grinder was well fed, heh. Having suffered only 1/6th of your RNG pain, I can't say I know what it's like, but here's wishing that your luck changes drastically for the better!

• Thanks 1