So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I gotta say, you guys make my nights much easier to bear.  I work the midnight shift in a jail.  Every night I plop down and read this thread.  I really appreciate you guys/gals taking the time to tell your stories.  A lot of you are very entertaining.

That said, to make this post comply with the thread topic; I'm on an UO Xbox cluster. My main goal the last few days has been to find Alpha Mosas and squids on the Island to get their boss battle bounty.  I've been circling the Island on my 450 Basil (300 max level wilds) killing everything to no avail.  Plenty of Alpha Leeds but none of what I need for Alpha Tek Cave. I really hate being in the water too so it's been torture.  I guess I'll keep searching...

• Like 2

So last night I made another trip to aberration to pick up a few more dinos. Grabbed a pair of megalosaurs, only for eggs because they are pretty much useless on the island. I also grabbed our pack of ravagers and a mochops. Then it took 2 hours before a beacon would drop close enough to our base to grab them all.

This morning I took a second anky to the blue obelisk and we spent the morning grabbing metal and obsidian on our continued quest to build a couple of ascendant shottys. I think 1 more trip should do it. I also realized I need to start breeding weight argys. Our current argies are battle argies and only have about 1k weight each. Ended up dumping half the metal in the obelisk so we could make it home in one trip. Luckily a drop spawned right near base so we didn't have to wait long to get the metal smelting. I also really need to get a bunch of forges on the mountain so I can smelt metal there.

And that was pretty much it. Tomorrow we make one more run and will hopefully have enough polly to make the shotguns

• Like 2

PS_Messages_20180502_093152.thumb.jpg.32942c206ad7d7901e95c76ef4883ad3.jpg

This week in Ark was a bit lazier as I had several things to attend to in real life so I didn't do any major hatchings. 

We ran a couple boss fights and got some friends through for engrams. The above picture shows my role as I tank the Golem's. No losses this time though the Manticore was being particularly annoying on the first run. The second run went smooth as can be and we finished with the most time we have had left to date (27 minutes). 

Raises: The Quetz and Yuty finished and I moved them out and bred them to get some eggs but I only hatched some Argy eggs, keeping one. A male with the 4015 hp, 1300 stamina, and 768 weight. I kept him because he bred without any of the event colors which means I can rely on natural mutations with him as my main breeder. He was at 81% this morning so will finish up a little after lunch. I'll breed him tonight as I continue to look for that weight mutation. I figured out I need 2 weight mutations to hit 800. Once I hit that I'll work to breed in the high melee and will hatch the color Argy eggs, I have, to breed the stats on them and then start selling the eggs/adults. I clear so many resources with an Anky/Argy combo right now they should be big sellers.

Trades;

I did a little more trading than I have been. I traded a 96 armor Giga, 95 armor Giga, 95 armor Tuso, and a 97 armor Yuty, all BP's, this weekend. Walked away with 4k advanced rifle ammo and 12k crystal. I also moved one of my full grown yellow mute Yuty's (the one not of my bloodline) for a Reaper. The Reapers cool. I may use him as my new meat runner as he harvests a lot of it. I have to check his aoe though to be able to fight off Dimorph's when I eat rare flowers though I am thinking the tail whip might make short work of them. 

I did a late trade last night. traded 97 Theri kibble and got 9 different color Yuty eggs.  The one I want the most is a magenta tail with a cyan back stripe. Not great stats by any mean but I can breed in mine and have a colorful army to parade around. 

I set up some future trades. Artifacts for some pre-made 90+ armor Rex saddles and one of my Anky's for some poly. I got a new Anky egg with higher melee from a friend last night so I'll hatch that soon. 

I'm also about to auction off one of my mute Quetzal's but I am trying to decide if I want artifacts or tek building pieces. Particularly vacuum compartments. 

Rest of the weekend:

Really was a weekend with little direction. Farmed quite a bit. Built a few things. The alliance still works well together but one member of an alliance tribe has quit ark it seems and one of my other alliance members is starting to get bored and pull away I can tell. I have been relying on them pretty heavy as we share resources, land, everything but it looks like i may need to go to more of a solo mindset. i can do it just need to readjust a few things and that was one of the reason's that not nearly as much got done. I'll need to do more research on the caves so i can continue to get artifacts to run boss fights and i have to figure out the best way to solo them (thinking 10 vultures with 2500 hp and 600+ melee). 

Upcoming: It'll still be not quite as much since my normal Sunday hatch day will be postponed in lieu of Mother's day. My mom enjoys the Marvel film's so if she wants to go see Avenger's we'll do that (it was awesome) or if she wants to catch up on some of the ones she hasn't seen yet we'll do that. Her day. Monday will probably be my hatch day that means as I pop more Yuty's and Quetzal's and Argy's and the Anky and Vultures to build that army up. Until next week. 

Edit: This Sunday is not Mother's day. Business as usual for the hatches. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

So last night I made another trip to aberration to pick up a few more dinos. Grabbed a pair of megalosaurs, only for eggs because they are pretty much useless on the island. I also grabbed our pack of ravagers and a mochops. Then it took 2 hours before a beacon would drop close enough to our base to grab them all.

This morning I took a second anky to the blue obelisk and we spent the morning grabbing metal and obsidian on our continued quest to build a couple of ascendant shottys. I think 1 more trip should do it. I also realized I need to start breeding weight argys. Our current argies are battle argies and only have about 1k weight each. Ended up dumping half the metal in the obelisk so we could make it home in one trip. Luckily a drop spawned right near base so we didn't have to wait long to get the metal smelting. I also really need to get a bunch of forges on the mountain so I can smelt metal there.

And that was pretty much it. Tomorrow we make one more run and will hopefully have enough polly to make the shotguns

I was under the impression that Aberrant Megalos dont suffer any sleep debt even on island? I havent actually tested myself but is it the map that affects it or a hardcoded difference? (Since there is day on ab, they work on surface during day) 

Didnt do much last night, hatched 3 theri eggs, one with almost all stats. Hopefully ill get the 8khp and 340 melee to combine for some decent medium bossers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I was under the impression that Aberrant Megalos dont suffer any sleep debt even on island? I havent actually tested myself but is it the map that affects it or a hardcoded difference? (Since there is day on ab, they work on surface during day) 

Didnt do much last night, hatched 3 theri eggs, one with almost all stats. Hopefully ill get the 8khp and 340 melee to combine for some decent medium bossers

They do get sleep debt on the island, was all i could do to get them to my base from the beacon, then they curled up and went to sleep. Going to leave the rest on aberration. But now i can start getting eggs for theri

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

They do get sleep debt on the island, was all i could do to get them to my base from the beacon, then they curled up and went to sleep. Going to leave the rest on aberration. But now i can start getting eggs for theri

Awh damn! Sorry didnt mean to question ya. I wonder what the code is (meaning, wonder if its an ini line for a t/f value) I would use megas on island if i could :) 

22 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Awh damn! Sorry didnt mean to question ya. I wonder what the code is (meaning, wonder if its an ini line for a t/f value) I would use megas on island if i could :) 

I wish there was a setting for them, i loved using them on Aberration, i have a 100% imprinted one with over 20k hp, cant remember the melee but its a monster. Left him on aberration and just brought over our 2 lowest lvl tamed pair for eggs

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, RichDrac said:

Went to Carnivore Island flying my top Pteradon looking for a high level mate for my female Argy who is lvl 262. Got a bit too low showing off fighting Carno's and Raptors and got knocked off and killed. Took another Pteradon there to get the first one back and discovered corpses of dead Argys everywhere stuck in the sky. Top Pteradon is fine after fighting the birds so we get him to follow in the dwindling light. Loot crate on the edge of Carno Island looks interesting so I hop off and take a look. Whilst I'm doing that the two bloody Ptera's fly off together in some romantic secret getaway thing and I'm stranded on Carno Island!! (forget to sort out the who's following who commands). Had to swim to shore, avoiding the jellyfish and get my Argy to look for them. Looked all over the North East of the map and failed to find them. Had to tame a lvl 50 male Argy just to get something productive done. Disastrous session.       

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, d1nk said:

Maybe they were fighting a dimo.or ptera and flew up to world ceiling

I am just starting to  breed Argys. Got a couple of nice lvl 200s. Took them flying around to level up. Took to Carno Island and munched on a few things there and I remembered d1nk comment about the World Ceiling. Got to the point where I remembered  they flew off and flew upwards.

I FOUND THEM!!

Missing for a week, they were just hovering there. Quickly took them back to base for a good feed.

Great Session. Thanks d1nk

• Like 6

Had a really short play time this morning. Started by crafting 10 forges and 1p mortar and pestles to bring up to the oblisk for on site smelting and making spark powder. Im thinking of bringing a fabricator up too for making obsidian.

But before we brought everything up we needed to make 2 sets of fur armor so we can fast travel. So with only about 15 minutes left before we had to go to work we took our pack of ravagers on a fur run and got just enough for 1 suit and will grab the rest tomorrow. Before logging we crafted up a bunch of tranq darts.

So this weekend my first plan is to get some thylas because its my favorite mount and we have a bunch of lamb chops. I'm also going to tame a bunch of female scorps so we can start stockpiling eggs for rex. Wont be long before we can make the saddle then we can start taming/breeding for bosses.

Then we plan on looking for bears on Aberration, (my 2nd fav mount) I'm getting them on aberration because they just look cooler. In between all of this we are going to start building a water pen/frog breeding pen and start working on our 3rd building in our compound, a crafting and kitchen building. Its going to be rather large and "L" shaped. Oh and finish gathering mats for the ascendent shottys

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 4

Had a few hours to play last night. Started off by hatching 3 theriz eggs. While i was letting them mature a bit, made a couple broths of enlightenment and hit the grinder. Managed to get 89, tonight ill hit 90 for that damn cooker!

After the theriz hit juvi I took 2 argys and flew towards my metal outpost in Desert metal cave. Already had almost a forge of ingots there to bring back, loaded up one argy with those and mined up another forge full quickly. As that was cooking I did a big fly around getting obsidian, oil from a few pumps i got near by and made a thousand gas. Loaded up the genny at metal base, loaded the other argy with obsidian and ingots and made the long fly back.

When i got back, loaded all my ingots into a vault, turned all my ob i to poly and gathered my good bred bary, an extra argy and a premade small base to bring to viking bay for a small black pearl outpost. Got there and threw up a small base on a rock then took off into the water with bary to kill some swimmer scorps :P Managed to get 70 black pearls, pretty damn good for a start if i do say so myself.

Bed teleported back to base to imprint theriz and do an inventory on mats. Tonight im building an indy cooker and hopefully next weekend a tek replicator. Pending a few successful boss runs. Only sitting on 35 or so element, so im going to set up a few artifact outposts on island and farm a bunch of tributes on rag. Continuing with Theriz programme. Currently sitting back up to around 15 theriz. Got 5 theriz eggs, 6x rex eggs, 2x argy eggs and 2x bary eggs ill be hatching tonight if i can get time to play :) 

• Like 6

Last night we hatched 2 argy eggs and got a 100% imprint on both. No mutations or crazy stats so they are going to be leveled as pack mules.

This morning we headed to blue obelisk and set up 10 forges, 10 m&p, a few beds, 2 spare sets of fur armor and a few storage boxes for our metal outpost. Then we did a metal/obsidian/crystal run while  we were there. Threw the metal in the forges and turned any flint/stone into sparkpowder. Then loaded the argies with the obsidian and crystal and headed home. 

We got home just as the sunset so while the wife got a batch of polly going I hopped on a megalosaur for a meat run since the baby argies used up our stock pile. I wish it could be used during the day on the island because its a fun beast to use, lol. Came home with about 600 meat and threw it in the fridge. My final task for the day was hoping over to aberration to transfer one of our apes to the island for fiber and I also learned all the aberration engrams I could. One of these days Im going to try glidding from the blue obelisk to my base just for fun, lol

We now have enough mats for 1 ascendent shotty, need another 1k polly for the second. This weekend we are going to try to get as much done as possible because Destiny 2s next expansion comes out next week and we will be splitting up our game time between that and ark for a while instead of mostly playing ark

• Like 3

BigBears game of tames ragnarok - unofficial PC - Xbox nitrado 

Soo haven't been on much this week due to the lovely weather. Still have yet to venture over to aberration lol. I fabbed up a Tek Dino gate, walls, ceilings, and I just realized if forgot foundations...

After that I figured I'd spawn alpha manticore....great idea...bad location. So as soon as I got close it runs...I spawned it on the volcano and it flew to the river chasm...wasn't a big deal but I chose to bring a mass of gigas and Yuty that I more or less was trying to kill lol.  What a painful afternoon that became. 

The issues were obviously giant masses of meat trying to navigate the cliffs, catching on every ledge and rock....the things I put myself through lol. Once I got everything from my base, to the volcano, then to the bottom of the chasm I engage in battle....along the way I had died and had to bring my Argie for quick transport...anyway gigas are chewing between 800-1600 damage befor Yuty boost. Pretty uneventful fight except it took my Argie...3300 days I had her....one of my day one originals so that was a bit tough :( 

None the less manticore probably put out at most 3000 damage? Was a 2 minute smashing. Nothing died nothing took damage and all made it home....after a similar battle of navigating ramps, cliffs and bridges as my previous post lol....all for Tek leggings..that's it. 

But as promised these are the stats to the blue babe spino I'm using as my ambassador to aberration. She's ight lol. 80 points into damage and 40 wasted in speed. I've noticed most high level (350+) tend to stat into health and melee...haven't had much variety in rolls. 

5f0ef355-63ac-4b18-8215-d439dc089e2a.PNG

Edited by GeneralBigBear
  • Like 3

Had a very busy day today, put in about 8 hours. Started out throwing together mats for a bear taming pen, then headed over to aberration with apprentice longnecks, bear saddles and a bunch of darts looking for bears. After about 15 or 20 minutes we found a female between fertile lake and river. Tranqed her and tamed her on honey since there were half a dozen bee hives near us.

While she was taming we looked for a male and came across a 172 black male with bright white stripes. Got him in the pen and honey tamed him as well. While he was taming we also got a cool looking 210 male stego. After all were done we transfered them to the island.

After that we finally got enough polly for the 2nd ascendent shotty. For fun I tested one out on my wife's toon, with full flak (2 apprentice pieces, rest primitive) and 650 hp it killed her in one shot. I did not expect it to kill her and she wasn't happy, lol. Funniest part was seeing all our dilos and compys run over and eat her corpse. I couldnt stop laughing.

Next we decided to go on a thyla hunt, after an hour, and killing a dozen or so, we came home with a 135 female. Hopefully tomorrow we find a mate. Those shottys sure came in handy the few times we got pounced by them. 

Later my brother was having a raptor give him trouble. He's low lvl and is in our tribe but kind of does his own thing. So we run the bears over and help him out.

After that we decided to give the center cave a try with my other brother (also in our tribe doing his own thing), who had transfered his lvl 70 toon over from aberration along with his ravager, but other then that hes starting over. So i loaded up on ammo, food and grappling hooks. The wife and I met him at his base near red obelisk on our bears then we all head to the cave, killing a few alphas along the way.

The cave was way more difficult then I expected, last time I ran it was pre biomes. We were not prepared. We all contracted mega rabies twice. My wife and I lived through both and my brother died twice due to low hp. He threw down a sleeping bag last minute the 1st time but didnt get a chance the 2nd. My wife and I each grabbed the artifact and gtfo with his ravager in tow and all dinos with about 10% hp left. We crafted a foundation and bed at the entrance so my brother could get his ravager back, then we went back to our bases. But leasons learned, we arent going back with out imprinted dinos with good saddles, lol...and antidote

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful, we did a lot of gathering, built a grinder as well as a large crafting/cooking building. Near the end of the night my brother that went on the cave run's base was getting attacked by a 195 alpha raptor. My wife and I jumped on our argents and rushed over. He made it inside with his dinos but his walls werent going to hold forever. We show up just in time and after a few minute fight downed the alpha. That raptor was maybe a minute from breaking into his house, 4 or 5 walls were under 2k hp

Finished the night gathering pearls and getting s+ multilights placed in all 3 buildings. While coming home from pearls we came across a lvl 15 kanga, lvl was crap but I wanted it. My wife bolaed it, it went down in 3 shots and was ours. 

Tomorrows plan is to breed our bears and ravagers. Tame another thyla and breed the pair, and maybe get a frog breeding pen/water pen going. Maybe get a couple of mega sloths too.

Some bear screenshots 

y4m0Ej2x3VOq16CCvysoYMj3qVRecg6eltjmCJ8py4mIfOs6Ew1qd5f3z5I4SRLjggAgqsy82SDFKcza

And the view from our new building before i logged out

y4mmb6xGo8hzTL3dHa6QDrG1GOnNzfUu4iGT5jNY

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 4

well over the weekend  have been quite efficient and got a few plans for tonight and tomorrow.

on Friday I bought a 231 mutated baby saber for 3k raw metal and have been raising it over the past few days, it is on 91.1% and should be ready in an hour or two. in-between feeding him I made a utility dino shed then bought a 251 abberant spino for 12k thatch (bargain!). gathered more metal to get an industrial forge (smelting the metal now), so all I need is obsidian for the 400 poly. just tamed a frog and taming kapro later on.

edit: the frog died in jungle cave so i tamed another one (135, white). got 135 kapro after looking for half an hour.. it was on 95% and i found a 150 while getting prime. might tame on Friday if its there and breed for mutations.

Edited by J4CKCR0MPT0N
dead frog
  • Like 3

Just now, J4CKCR0MPT0N said:

well over the weekend  have been quite efficient and got a few plans for tonight and tomorrow.

on Friday I bought a 231 mutated baby saber for 3k raw metal and have been raising it over the past few days, it is on 91.1% and should be ready in an hour or two. in-between feeding him I made a utility dino shed then bought a 251 abberant spino for 12k thatch (bargain!). gathered more metal to get an industrial forge (smelting the metal now), so all I need is obsidian for the 400 poly. just tamed a frog and taming kapro later on.

thx for reading

Sometimes you have just bad luck.

Went down into biolum on my drake to reset structure timers. Lag spike and game didn't register that I pressed jump. We fell into the water... directly on top of a freaking jellyfish. 1 jellyfish in the whole body of water and we crash into it.

BZZZZZZ dismounted.

The whole biolum freaks out and goes after me. I manage to get on land while 2 crabs punch me. I escape them because they focus on my drake. A stupid bary decides to run after me and keeps biting me in the back. I jump down some rock and escape it. Then a sarco bites me but thank god they're slow. I keep running to my outpost which was near. I hear arthropluera spitting. Armor destroyed. I manage to open the dino gate to my outpost, but freaking nameless block my way and bite me to death. Bulbdog #76 gets killed (light was off because I forgot it's still on my shoulder).

I respawn and run naked back to the water to rescue my drake. Phew, it escaped the jellyfish and killed the crabs. Mounted and got the raptor outta there. 

Lag is evil. And jellyfish are too.

Edited by AdligerAdler
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

We slept in today so we didnt get a lot accomplished. Grabbed a pair of dimorphs first off for their eggs. One was only a 22, but the other 1 was a lvl 165 so once we find a decent mate we will breed them. 

After that we went looking for dimetrodons, but didn't find a single one

Finished up the morning looking for another thyla, and only found low levels. I must have been pounced on half a dozen times, lol. I should start carrying 2 or 3 sets of flak when looking for tree kitties. Luckily i could kill most of them with a few shotty rounds. While we didnt get any thylas, my wife did find a mc longneck bp so it wasnt a total bust

To end the day we bred our aberrant bears and 3 ravagers (one xmas male, 2 females) and ended up with twin bears and 3 ravagers :) All got 100% imprints.

This week we will probably work on the water pen and maybe tame some megaladons or whales to start exploring the sea. I'm also going to farm drops more heavily to get better saddles for everything. y4mzcXRl5S5JKvz7rluRkvgqAbGL7w12mbCrHUgG

• Like 3