So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

This morning we built a small green house, only a 3x4 which gave us 3 of each advanced crop, although I only had enough fert for 1 of each, but Ill get the rest tomorrow. Then we continued working on the wall, getting it mostly done. We still need to even it out in spots.

Before quitting I took another look for a doed, and settled on a lvl 90, figured having a second one would be better then only one.

So since starting our island server I've been debating on adding a mod that adds aberration dinos to the island. But then an idea popped into my head, Ill just cluster the arberration server I've shut down but am still paying for. So i messaged my server provider and within 15 minutes they were clustered. So I wanted to keep my island toon and not my aberration toon (but I wanted my tames/stuff). So what I did was log into aberration with my island toon (deleteing my aberration toon) and had my wife log into aberration with her aberration toon and make my island toon tribe leader and i did the same to her.

My aberration base is set up with tek (from a mod that unlocked all tekgrams) I plan on keeping and using tek in aberration and only bringing it to the island when I unlock it there. So on aberration i built a tek transmitter for an easy way to transfer stuff between maps, since beacons are so tough to find. Then i transfered our 2 aberrant ovis, my wife's favorite bulb dog and my favorite shinehorn to the island and we logged off.

Its going to be interesting keeping 2 bases on differant servers going, especially keeping a tek generator going in aberration. But it is going to be nice taming the glow in the dark aberration creatures and bringing them to the island. 

Tomorrow we plan on finishing the wall and I may transfer over a few dinos and stuff from aberration. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

This morning we built a small green house, only a 3x4 which gave us 3 of each advanced crop, although I only had enough fert for 1 of each, but Ill get the rest tomorrow. Then we continued working on the wall, getting it mostly done. We still need to even it out in spots.

Before quitting I took another look for a doed, and settled on a lvl 90, figured having a second one would be better then only one.

So since starting our island server I've been debating on adding a mod that adds aberration dinos to the island. But then an idea popped into my head, Ill just cluster the arberration server I've shut down but am still paying for. So i messaged my server provider and within 15 minutes they were clustered. So I wanted to keep my island toon and not my aberration toon (but I wanted my tames/stuff). So what I did was log into aberration with my island toon (deleteing my aberration toon) and had my wife log into aberration with her aberration toon and make my island toon tribe leader and i did the same to her.

My aberration base is set up with tek (from a mod that unlocked all tekgrams) I plan on keeping and using tek in aberration and only bringing it to the island when I unlock it there. So on aberration i built a tek transmitter for an easy way to transfer stuff between maps, since beacons are so tough to find. Then i transfered our 2 aberrant ovis, my wife's favorite bulb dog and my favorite shinehorn to the island and we logged off.

Its going to be interesting keeping 2 bases on differant servers going, especially keeping a tek generator going in aberration. But it is going to be nice taming the glow in the dark aberration creatures and bringing them to the island. 

Tomorrow we plan on finishing the wall and I may transfer over a few dinos and stuff from aberration. 

I've basically done the same thing. I've got rag as my main play map, and just converted my other server from the island to aberration. Getting together some things to transfer over. Haven't ventured over yet, and won't till I get a decent spino on rag. Excited to "start over" again haha 

I have this plan for a tower defence style base...so planing and placement Is going to be key.  Lots of diligent scouring ahead! 

Tonight's plan 

Tame a hearty spino, fab up a simple prebuilt Tek "survival outpost"  then go out exploring and see what shenanigans we can get into.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GeneralBigBear said:

I've basically done the same thing. I've got rag as my main play map, and just converted my other server from the island to aberration. Getting together some things to transfer over. Haven't ventured over yet, and won't till I get a decent spino on rag. Excited to "start over" again haha 

I have this plan for a tower defence style base...so planing and placement Is going to be key.  Lots of diligent scouring ahead! 

Tonight's plan 

Tame a hearty spino, fab up a simple prebuilt Tek "survival outpost"  then go out exploring and see what shenanigans we can get into.

Lol, I like the starting over aspect. . I'm avoiding temptation to transfer over too much from our base on aberration because I think it will take away from our island experience. Like we have a fridge full off eggs on aberration, but Im only taking ones from dinos I've already tamed on the island. I'm also going to hold off bringing any of my drakes, spinos or crabs over untill I've tamed a few rexes and spinos on the Island. We did grab one of our high lvl doeds from aberration, but we have a few of them on the island already so its fine, lol

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Lol, I like the starting over aspect. . I'm avoiding temptation to transfer over too much from our base on aberration because I think it will take away from our island experience. Like we have a fridge full off eggs on aberration, but Im only taking ones from dinos I've already tamed on the island. I'm also going to hold off bringing any of my drakes, spinos or crabs over untill I've tamed a few rexes and spinos on the Island. We did grab one of our high lvl doeds from aberration, but we have a few of them on the island already so its fine, lol

Tomorrows report: "So i went ahead and transferred all my drakes, crabs, spinos and a full tek base with tek suits from Abberation..." xD

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Temptation is killer lol. I could do a massive pre build of structures  on rag and bring it over but I'm keepin the aberration outpost as compact and efficient as possible (minus the tower defence base). I've played it on single player but not legit so I'd like to do this one right....my drake I had from single player was lost to a giga a while back and I need a replacement..but Ill work for this one this time. More pride in your tames and work. 

Keep up the discipline lol. If I get my spino killed once I'm on aberration I'm sol. Not transferring anything after I'm on. Keep that hint of survival spice lingering 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Temptation is killer lol. I could do a massive pre build of structures  on rag and bring it over but I'm keepin the aberration outpost as compact and efficient as possible (minus the tower defence base). I've played it on single player but not legit so I'd like to do this one right....my drake I had from single player was lost to a giga a while back and I need a replacement..but Ill work for this one this time. More pride in your tames and work. 

Keep up the discipline lol. If I get my spino killed once I'm on aberration I'm sol. Not transferring anything after I'm on. Keep that hint of survival spice lingering 

Showed some restraint this morning, lol. My wife got an ascendent pump shotgun bp from a drop, which I could eaisly build us each one in my aberration base. I think i have over 6k organic polly in an s+ dedicated storage. But I didnt, decided to gather what I needed her which we will do Saturday.

So today we finished the wall. Then we tamed a mochops and decided to take it to the volcano to harvest rare flowers...but apparently mochops are bugged because it doesn't harvest anything even on wonder. It goes though the animations but collects nothing. But on the bright side, like I mentioned above, my wife got an ascendent pump shotty bp on the way to the volcano :) Then we needed to go on a meat run, took our sabres and came across a lvl 195 alpha raptor. Debated if we should try and we went for it. Halfway through the fight my wife glitched and got stuck in the ground so I soloed the last half of the raptor. My cat was getting really low on health and I was getting really nervous but the raptor finally dropped, and it had nothing of great value, i think some purple cloth and hide armor. We get my wife unstuck with admin commands and head home and cook the prime.

So our plans for tomorrow are to gather what we need to build 2 of the shottys and a bunch of ammo, and start working on a frog breeding/water pen. I think we are short about 1k obsidian to make the polly for them.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 3

I was recently excluded from my normal classes and was put In a learning centre for a couple due to "behaviour" days and every time I had a lesson on one of the computers I would read this thread and I just enjoyed reading about peoples days on ark and it makes coursework much easier to do when I can take a break and read peoples goals and accomplishments during breaks. :P

Edited by J4CKCR0MPT0N
  • Like 1

Didnt do much last night, only got to log in and feed dinos. Was thinking of hatching a bunch of theriz.. but ill (hopefully) do that tonight. I need to make more saddles too. Lost 2 mc theriz saddles (4k hide, 2k fiber, 800 ingots 1.4k wood each) ill.probably do that while i hand feed. Ive developed a new love for the Chainsaw. I never used one before this playthrough and I have an Asc one at that. 1k hide per bronto.. going on a killing spree after work.

• Haha 2

I didn't do much at all today,

got on my new argy which I tamed at the weekend, she's a real nice colour: all black with a red forehead, and killed some paracers and diplos to level it a bit while looking for alphas to kill on my 320+ pink mutated thyla. eventually found 135 alpha carno near my base so I flew back and hopped on my thyla and killed everything on the way to the carno and took quite a load of damage leaving me on about 5500 out of 11300 and killed it with about 990hp left and got nothing but a journeyman hatchet (I have an ascendant) and level 79 so I finally got a compound bow, crafted one and killed a galli. after that I fed my carnivores and put a wind turbine next to my house then logged off.

thx for reading :P

Edited by J4CKCR0MPT0N
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, J4CKCR0MPT0N said:

I was recently excluded from my normal classes and was put In a learning centre for a couple due to "behaviour" days and every time I had a lesson on one of the computers I would read this thread and I just enjoyed reading about peoples days on ark and it makes coursework much easier to do when I can take a break and read peoples goals and accomplishments during breaks. :P

I'm so old, that we didn't have computers in the classrooms when I went to High School.  We actually took typewriting class on typewriters. back then, I was rushing home to play Pitfall on my Intellivision or  Lode Runner on my Apple IIe

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, J4CKCR0MPT0N said:

I didn't do much at all today,

got on my new argy which I tamed at the weekend, she's a real nice colour: all black with a red forehead, and killed some paracers and diplos to level it a bit while looking for alphas to kill on my 320+ pink mutated thyla. eventually found 135 alpha carno near my base so I flew back and hopped on my thyla and killed everything on the way to the carno and took quite a load of damage leaving me on about 5500 out of 11300 and killed it with about 990hp left and got nothing but a journeyman hatchet (I have an ascendant). after that I fed my carnivores and put a wind turbine next to my house then logged off.

thx for reading :P

from killing a 135 alpha too, that sucks.

3 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I'm so old, that we didn't have computers in the classrooms when I went to High School.  We actually took typewriting class on typewriters. back then, I was rushing home to play Pitfall on my Intellivision or  Lode Runner on my Apple IIe

Damn. its crazy how technology has advanced in such a short time

BigBears game of tames - unofficial pic - Xbox nitrado 

Alrighty so tonight was frustrating as hell. Decided to get that hearty spino to take me into aberration. Started by flying out to the highlands for mutton, found them pretty easy thankfully lol. From there I went to the plataue lake west of Viking bay, nothing, went to centre chasm river, jackpot! First one I find is this gorgeous blue babe, lvl 270 female. She gets caught on a rock and was an easy down. That was the easy part. I'm just east of the sky bridge literally directly across from the ice cave exit/rope bridge. 

What happens for the rest of the night is just like 2 hours of nails on a chalkboard.

25% into tame I have to take a pee break....coast was clear. Befor one could finish I hear rawr rawr rawr rawr BLAAAAAARRRRGGG.  So after pissing all over the place in a panic I come back to the game and find out I was downed by a 290 spino..my wyvern was beside me -_- so assuming he's on death row, I rush back on the Argie to save my wyvern, right on render the spino was looking away from him and about a length and a half away, pulls aggro turns around and lands 2 quick hits befor I get him to follow.

Eventually I get all of us settled and take out this 290...I wanted to take her down but just didn't have the time or darts. I'll find a lvl 300 later on. I took off to find some narco berries to reduce my narcotic usage and try and plot my route up the canyon, just crossing the river to the north inspecting the path up to the rope bridge and my jaw drops....under the waterfall are not 1 but 5 spinos....300, 280, and 260 were of the highest and I believe a 180. So mood change again damnit that 300! Lol 

Eventually had to kill them off. Literally after they rendered and killed everything they fanned out into the river, too close for me so zappy zap. By then the blue beauty pops up at a 401. That'll do lol. So excited to get her home shouldn't take long I thought.  BOY WAS I WRONG. 

Night time approaching we cross the river Argie wyvern and spino, start our climb. Large mob of dinos so we start cutting through, then I'm dead lol.  Microraptor dismount to dragonfly gang bang. Sooooooooo hop on a buddies wyvern and roast back. Everything appears alright but under attack. Drop in start killing and get booted off again....its pitch black green and yellow numbers everywhere, I'm getting smacked around I'm throwing fists like Ali and manage to get on a wyvern and find my bag. I'm flashing red and need my bag full of goodies...jump off and I hear thud thud and you're dead. WHAAAAAT THEEEE FUUUUUUUUUU. 180 stego In the pitch black, musta punched in my flurry had finished me off

Sooooo grab my buddies other wyvern....actually lets quickly recap...we have a lightning wyvern, an Argie, flame wyvern and now a poison wyvern....as well as the blue babe....lol so upon arrival again we manage to clean the area and get a breather. Get everything to follow and up the ridge...Argie up my arse clip stalling me, blood pressure rising, we come the rope bridge...already having doubts about this but I try getting across....3 agonizing tries to cross, I was clip blocked and couldn't move, spino fell  2 times the entire process, nearly dies as it found 2 Spinos below and a pack of raptors.....500 health left...

im basically fuming at this point lol so one last attempt at the crossing and we're all through. I am ecstatic! So pressing forward I'm riding the argie, 3 wyverns flying round and spino up my arse and guess what happens next?!  MICRORSPTORS EUEIWKXGHRISOAJFBGHW. Dismounted and ganged again but this time the wyverns saved my hide...as I turn to look st the spino I watch it jump off the cliff into the river......the vein in my forehead could pop out and strangle a small animal at this point...so back down to the river, up the ramp, cross the bridge and where right where we jump...from here on to the base it actually wasn't bad. 

Once we got to the base outskirts I got the wyverns off follow and double back a few tiles to make sure spino wasn't chasing butterflies....come back the wyverns and I get hit by a soldier.....well the wyverns do their thing and fly off in every direction...I'm literally Just stunned... Took me 29 mins to find the Fire wyvern..,,

Alright so I park everything and wanna take the spino for a spin, test out the new moves....I won't lie it doesn't feel or look natural but I still love it. So after a little play time I park her in the shed and lay this adventure to rest...

Moral of the story, take one of the TWO ascendant spino saddles BEFOR you leave....aaaaand turn up the expert and turn down the n00b hahah. 

Ill recap her stats tomorrow I just had to get off the game. 

d1f9cdc2-4291-434e-bc16-6031b809f177.PNG

• Like 3