So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Just now, AdligerAdler said:

@d1nk

On PS4 at least I take a screenshot and then send it in a private message to anyone (I picked some random inactive 0 trophy player). Then from the PS Messages app I can download the screenshot onto my smartphone. From there I can upload it on this forum. 

Not sure if possible on Xbox.

Well weve got a smartphone app (same as ps4 im sure) i can: Take ss ingame, open app on phone, take a screenshot then put on imurg or something.. its too big to directly put in forums. Imgurl didnt work for whatever reason

49 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Well weve got a smartphone app (same as ps4 im sure) i can: Take ss ingame, open app on phone, take a screenshot then put on imurg or something.. its too big to directly put in forums. Imgurl didnt work for whatever reason

Xboxdvr is where I get mine. It allows you to acsess your Xbox captures and you can  save to phone or use the url. Pretty quick. Don't need to sign up. 

• Thanks 1

We had a pretty productive day today. Started by going on a fur run with our sabres while scoping out for a decent mammoth. About the time we had enough fur for the final fur set, we spotted a 170ish mammoth. So we head back and load the argies with stuff to build a taming pen and build it near the 170ish. About the time we finish the pen a yutty and pack of pigs appear and kill the mammoth...bummer. we then kite the yutty off a cliff and kill the pigs.

Next we begin looking for another mammoth, and find a 162 male nearby. He was looking a little bloody but we try anyways and manage to knock him out with 250hp left...that was close. Our raptors have refused to lay a single egg so we had to berry tame him, which is a little over hour at our 7.5 tame rate. So I dump berries in him and we leave him be while we go look for a pair of sheep to tame.

While searching for a sheep, i spotted an alpha raptor with a small posse of raptors. After picking off the non alphas, I called my wife over to help kill it. We down it then continue looking for sheep. While looking I spotted a lvl 30 alpha carno. I asked my wife if we should try killing it to give the argies a test, she said why not. So we fight it and down it without taking too much damage. Both our argies gained about 15 levels between the 2 alphas. We then decide to call off the sheep search and rush back to cook the 60ish prime we got. Didnt get anything great for loot, a MC chitin helm and apprentice bow as well as an apprentice manta saddle from a blue drop

After we got the cooked prime in the fridge, we still had 20 minutes or so to kill, so we continued looking for sheep but still didnt have any luck. The mammoth timer was going off so we pick him up, and decided to start expanding the base walls. My wife takes the doed for stone and I get a few runs of wood. After my 2nd wood run, i decided to look for a higher level doed while the wife continued to gather stone. No luck findind a doed but I did come back with a 210 male anklo that we kibble tamed.

Next we built 2 bgates and a bunch of s+ fence supports and started the wall. Had enough mats for about 90% of the supports. Placed all of them and the 2 gates before calling it a day. 

Tomorrow's main plan is to finish the wall. Then we will probably start working on taming a pair of each dino whos kibble is used for breeding. I also plan on getting a bunch of metal and crystals. Sometime soon we want to build an outter s+ glass wall for giga/alpha protection

• Like 2

Tadpole. Here at 20% maturation.

The fish and beaver creeped in. They were curious to see the tadpole I guess.

Edit: Came back a few hours later and the beaver built a damn in there. Accidentally accessed dam instead of tadpole's inventory and beaver freaked out. Luckily tadpole not harmed.

PS_Messages_20180429_001427.jpg

Edited by AdligerAdler
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Omega project - unofficial Xbox - nitrado

For the last week or so I've been lacking the motivation to keep focused so took a break and played on a buddies server. Sandbox style creative mode. Built a Tek fortress up on the famous plateau just nw of the redwoods on the island. I'll post screens later. Learned Tek behemoth gates can be boxed in and I built turret ledges on them. Loads of fun lol.

BigBears game of tames - unofficial Xbox - nitrado

Returned back yesterday and today on my server and went creative, built up what I call the zoo. Basically template/pre build what I want with wood which Ill convert to Tek later manually. Made micro huts for small creatures that can use doorways and built holding pens with Dino gates for larger creatures. Dashboard 4 times in the process which drove me bonkers but,  noob move of the day...I fast traveled several times and while building I lost track of time and went well over my bags decay time and literally lost my best tools and cross bow and long rifle. Why I didn't store them I don't know but I tend to go ADD with ark. So drop hunting I will go!  

P.s anyone here that hosts Xbox unofficial or dedicated interested in providing tours? I wouldn't mind seeing what some of y'all have going on. Pics don't do justice sometimes haha

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

P.s anyone here that hosts Xbox unofficial or dedicated interested in providing tours? I wouldn't mind seeing what some of y'all have going on. Pics don't do justice sometimes haha

Im sure id love some lan-style play on my nitrado, maybe you wanna come for a seat on rag bosses for fun,  when i get there after my island ones? 

My server isnt impressive yet. Just basically those pics I posted haha. Im down for stuff like this :) 

5 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Im sure id love some lan-style play on my nitrado, maybe you wanna come for a seat on rag bosses for fun,  when i get there after my island ones? 

My server isnt impressive yet. Just basically those pics I posted haha. Im down for stuff like this :) 

Haha I don't judge. I respect all creative minds and their creations alike. Good to get out and get a breath of fresh air with this game. Figured with this thread there's alot of mature players that share the same game style and respect for the game.  Have no problem with sitting in on a fight! 

My gt is killxcore and I too don't have too much to show but I'll show some folks around the ol farm! 

27 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Haha I don't judge. I respect all creative minds and their creations alike. Good to get out and get a breath of fresh air with this game. Figured with this thread there's alot of mature players that share the same game style and respect for the game.  Have no problem with sitting in on a fight! 

My gt is killxcore and I too don't have too much to show but I'll show some folks around the ol farm! 

Sounds good, im real busy trying to sort my bosses for my next story step and after that ill be down for some.coop. Realistically i will probably need another rider for alpha dragon too :P I agree this will be a good source. 

Reminds me of diablo 2 singleplayer forums. I loved that type of community 

• Like 1

Busy day today. Started off working on the wall, after i got a few loads of wood I went in search of a decent doed while the wife continued gathering stone. I must have circled the entire island and only found crap ones. But I didnt come home empty handed, snatched a 195 female anklo on the way home.

After we got the wall about 75% complete we decided to change gears and do some taming and pen organization. Got all our kibble dinos on one side set to passive and ignore whistles. Then put our combat dinos in the middle and harvesting dinos on another side. The we took off on the argies, tamed a 210 female raptor, 67 male iguanadon, and a pair of lystros. Tried a 15 oviraptor but killed ot with 1 shot. Will try again when we get darts.

Next we set out looking for a 150+ wolf but gave up after half an hour. While looking I noticed the blue obi had a decent amount of metal around it, so we grab our lowest lvl anky and our 3rd argy and build an outpost and gather 3k metal and a bunch of obsidian and crystal. Left the anky and a bed there, loaded what we could in the argies and put the rest in the oblisk. Get back to base and a beacon sets down nearby almost like it knew we needed it. 

We were getting close to finishing for the day, so I throw the metal in the forges, and happen to notice a 37 female stego on the beach. So we kite her to the pen, knock her out and mejo tame her before quitting.

This weeks plans are simple, finish the wall and build an s+ glass green house. The stego got some shots off on our unprotected crops on the beach so its time for something better. Im thinking 4 of each advanced crop should be plenty

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

Very productive day yesterday. Ive been having to keep a short hand list as i knock off things during the weekends, I get a lot of time (10+ hrs) each weekend day every second weekend so this results in usually very productive days. (And me forgetting half of what I do)

Started off by getting some eggs down. Bred my new yellow argy with my females, got a half yellow baby ill be bringing to Desert later today. Bred more theriz, bad stats theyll be boss fodder fillers. Went for a long crystal run, got enough for a grinder, another forge. Found out about obsidian cave by TOTAL accident.. griffin flew in there while i dropped my controller haha. Threw a bed, box and a nice pick there. Gathered over 2000 obsidian, went for a few beaver runs and a small (2k ing) metal run. Made my grinder, a 2nd indy forge (for desert) and a bunch of other goodies for my island boss base.

Went out looking for Ankys, need some high levels for breeding. Didnt find any worth taking, but i did spot an easter Quetz, 150! Luckily I had darts, narcoberry and was on my griffin. The quetz ended up trapping itself in a canyon waterfall, easy knock out and tamed out perfectly. I have lots of rex kibble.

While flying the quetz back home I spotted a 150 anky, grabbed it and just flying over the big bridge spot another 150, mated pair for the one in my claws. Get em both in pens, knocked out and split my remaining 8 dilo kibble between the dilo One stands up 366 melee and the other some good hp. Make an egg and hatch it, the good melee passed. 

Ive been grinding wood and running around with 2x mateboosted mammoths and a beaver keeping a vault of wood on hand plus two capped mamoths (im only on 2x suprised it went so fast) I saved a vault of thatch and went on a few huge stone runs with argies + doed. Kept one argy capped with thatch and wood, while i kept filling the other with stone and crafting behe gates for my island base. I had a good flow, lots of extra mats and some good music.. ended up making over 20 sets. I was actually quite impressed, my harvest is basically an evo official weekend. I kept seeing a lot of decent level dimorphs around (120-150) so i loaded up with bolas and mutton while i was crafting and tamed 5 dimorphs.

Loaded up the transport quetz with my new argy, a bear, the anky offspring, the 5 dimorphs and a premade stone base, indy forge and some other goodies and headed out to the desert metal cave, I need a consistant metal farm area for saddles.

Load up a base there, with my dimorph bodyguards + argy went out and filled a forge of metal while i kept popping back for my quetz imprints (oh yeah, bred those quetz before i went to desert, 222 baby with only the head colours transfer from easter 150 quetz - only 1400 weight the 1600 from fem didnt xfer) Was afk for a few hours while making dinner, getting imprints on my quetz and theriz. 

Later that night I got back on, went out on another small metal run, topped off forge in desert and flew back to my base with quetz full of ingots, leaving the other crew behind for metal runs. When I get home I head out on another mats run, fill up vaults of each; stone thatch wood. Premade some more behe gates, base pieces and grinded more wood. Leveling is slow on 1x exp, so ive been grinding almost every second im near my base. Ill just load it up with half stone half wood and grind it while im on my doed runs etc. Need to hit 90 for that damn cooker.

I threw all my premades into the obelisk and went out to find a yuty mate for my 145. After a long search (and a sidetracked 150 baryonyx tame) I found a 130 mate, good enough. Took it home and made an egg, hatched a bary egg (224 male)  and stored a yuty egg for my island guy. Ill throw a bary egg to him tomorrow from the better pair for artifact runs. I love barys.

I finally made my island character on SP. Didnt want to walk to green ob so i decided to just spawn a temporary wyvern to fly there. Arrived at green ob, let the wyvern die to a level 5 raptor (lol) then logged for the night. Its already been a good day, more about Sundays ventures later tonight :) 

Good luck fellow storygoers!

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 4

Started off today hatching a Yuty on Rag, got twins. Bad stats but good enough for some easy bosses. Sent over a bary, yuty to obelisk and hopped onto The Island to start my green ob boss base. I was going for an easy enclosed structure, with a ramp down to obelisk platform. I had almost 30 behemoth gate sets premade, after a lot of humming and haww'ing I layed out the behe gates almost encircling the whole green obelisk with a base on the biggest ledge with a ramp / bridge leading down to obby. It went up really quick (without a single command, all done by hand & prefarmed mats) ill update with pics tomorrow.

Got the insides filled up, hopped over to Rag for imprints, grabbed a few more premades and fabbed up the insides of base including a bunch of grills for pig meat. A few small meat runs with my bary, cooked up a few fridges of meat. Hopped over to singleplayer rag and downloaded 6 rexs, 8 theriz and brought another 5 rexs and my megatherium from UO rag. Went out and collected 3x of each artifact for easy brood, got most all the tribute items for med brood incase along the way. With a bary its a breeze! 

Took a small break and got back on to set up for easy brood. Gathered all the dinos on the platform, 11 rexs, 3x theriz, 1x mega, 1x yuty (and my.shoulder dimorph i forgot about) and summoned brood portal. Fight was easy, as expected so i knocked out another. Let the pig heal up the crew and summoned medium brood portal.

The fight was going smooth, about half way i kept having problems with my rexs focusing then my warning rex died (one rex at only 15k hp) I promptly stepped it up and was trying to focus the mob a bit. One of my other rexs died at around 30%, one more at 15%, then at around 5%, she went nuts and destroyed all but one rex and my mega (plus yuty im riding)  

I jump in on yuty to keep the spiders off the one rex, my mega dies. Broods almost dead and my last rex is bloody. Just when i think its going to die, the brood dies. I was running around frantically trying to retrieve saddles, managed to get a few app rex ones back but lost 2 mc theriz, 4 rex saddles.

Im not too shocked on my loss, ill raise more rexs (or maybe more theriz with cakes) but atleast i have the element and tekgrams still. Im happy with the progress and now im gunning for ape and maybe easy dragon in 2 weeks.

• Like 2

What did I do today?

Well our official server is being attacked, by people who are possibly cheating using aim bots.

So I went to obelisk, it told me I had to wait half an hour to upload items that I pulled from a chest.

I sat in a chair for an hour with the items in my inventory.  I went to the same obelisk.  I was unable to upload again.  I looked it up and any inventory change such as spoiling food resets it.

I went back to base, I emptied spoiliable items and sat in a chair for an hour.

I went back to the obelisk again, I was only able to upload 90% of my stuff.  The kibble and eggs couldn't be uploaded, had a 33 minute timer n them.

So I went back to base to sit in chair for 30 minutes.  I went back to obelisk after that 30 minutes.  My items had 32 seconds left on them.  I waited.  I watched.  2 seconds left. 1 second left. 40 minutes left.  What.  Why?  What the .... ?

I got angry and went back to base to log off because Ark Upload system refuses to work right.

Thanks Wildcard, you're so great. you certainly stopped them cheaters.  Shown them who's boss huh?  Yea, them server raiders, griefers, cheaters, they all been shown who's da boss.  Slown them down big time!  Created the perfect protection against server raids!

That entire previous sentence was sarcasm, if you didn't figure that out.

But whatever.  So thats what I did today.  A large amount of nothing thanks to built in systems meant to make the game unbearable for legitimate players.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Vas said:

What did I do today?

Well our official server is being attacked, by people who are possibly cheating using aim bots.

So I went to obelisk, it told me I had to wait half an hour to upload items that I pulled from a chest.

I sat in a chair for an hour with the items in my inventory.  I went to the same obelisk.  I was unable to upload again.  I looked it up and any inventory change such as spoiling food resets it.

I went back to base, I emptied spoiliable items and sat in a chair for an hour.

I went back to the obelisk again, I was only able to upload 90% of my stuff.  The kibble and eggs couldn't be uploaded, had a 33 minute timer n them.

So I went back to base to sit in chair for 30 minutes.  I went back to obelisk after that 30 minutes.  My items had 32 seconds left on them.  I waited.  I watched.  2 seconds left. 1 second left. 40 minutes left.  What.  Why?  What the .... ?

I got angry and went back to base to log off because Ark Upload system refuses to work right.

Thanks Wildcard, you're so great. you certainly stopped them cheaters.  Shown them who's boss huh?  Yea, them server raiders, griefers, cheaters, they all been shown who's da boss.  Slown them down big time!  Created the perfect protection against server raids!

That entire previous sentence was sarcasm, if you didn't figure that out.

But whatever.  So thats what I did today.  A large amount of nothing thanks to built in systems meant to make the game unbearable for legitimate players.

Anything that can spoil can only be transferred once. You have to merge it on top of a spoilage item that was made on the actual server to reset this and allow you to transfer it again.

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Now you are just taunting me!

WHY-U-MAKE.jpg

Haha well.. that dimorph is an old pic and got eaten by a giga a few weeks ago :P 

Ill have a busy week of raising ahead of me. After being on my UO for awhile going back to SP sucks :P Any xboxers run an island single server and want to crossark nitrado with my rag sometime? Lemme know.