So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

8 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Swamp cave is amazing on a bred frog. (Bonus if your wife rides a mate boosted raised version with you) 

I did no fliers on my island where I bred frogs, had a 400% move speed one too.. oh boy!!! Fun. Only problem is there isnt reduced fall damage. I jumped from volcano and almost made it to obsidian mtn, only to die on impact :P 

Hah i cant wait until the weekend.. my wife works a week on and off so during her off time I try to spend as much quality time as possible. Almost back to the week on ;) 

Edit: Abberation biolume lake gives me the heeby jeebies .. random memory about a frog pen hah

Lol, I may level a few just in speed just for fun. Have frog death races with my wife and brothers. I want to do the same to bears too

I've heard they are great in the swamp cave. I havent used them much, last time I used them a lot was back in 2015, when they 1st came out. 

I'm actually breeding them to try using them to tame just for fun, lots of hp and melee. Going to try it on an angler first, seems I kill 75% of them even with a primitive xbow so Im going to try something new

Ill post the pics of our pen we built on arberration, although thinking back now I dont think it was in deep enough water anyway. It looked pretty cool though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Lol, I may level a few just in speed just for fun. Have frog death races with my wife and brothers. I want to do the same to bears too

I've heard they are great in the swamp cave. I havent used them much, last time I used them a lot was back in 2015, when they 1st came out. 

I'm actually breeding them to try using them to tame just for fun, lots of hp and melee. Going to try it on an angler first, seems I kill 75% of them even with a primitive xbow so Im going to try something new

Ill post the pics of our pen we built on arberration, although thinking back now I dont think it was in deep enough water anyway. It looked pretty cool though. 

Haha awesome! My buddies never wanted to do fun stuff outside of "grind for x dino, grind x resource and breed"

I dont want to ruin your direbear plan buuuuttt.. movement speed doesnt affect their charge. Only walking speed :( 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, d1nk said:

Haha awesome! My buddies never wanted to do fun stuff outside of "grind for x dino, grind x resource and breed"

I dont want to ruin your direbear plan buuuuttt.. movement speed doesnt affect their charge. Only walking speed :( 

Their charge is still pretty fast so Ill just level stam. But im thinking race around the island, winner gets maybe a good flak set or something. One of us will sit out and follow on a ptera and make sure theres no cheating.

Started off this morning taming 2 snails. Then we went on another metal run, came back with maybe 1200 metal. My wife picked up a yellow drop with a ring on the way back and got a jm frog saddle (75%) and a jm sword. Threw the saddle on the lowest hp frog.

Had a little facepalm moment next.  We were going to take the frogs out to level them, when I saw a female pegomax right outside our wall, so I grab a few stacks of mejos, he steals 1 stack, and all my neutral dinos agro on him and chase him off the cliff. Forgot to put all on passive :( . So we spend the next 20 minutes hearding all the dinos back to base, and then we start building the wall around the cliff that i had been putting off, lol.

• Haha 2

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

So last night I uploaded up nearly all of my Easter tames. When I downloaded into my Single Player game, one of the Argies did not appear when I tried to download it. It acted like it did, but it was  no where to be found. Kind of bummed, because is was a 145 Green and Yellow Packer argy.  Everyone else made it fine.

I then spent some time on a meat run, and refilling troughs.  Had a few baddies drop down into one of my dino pens, but they made quick work of them. I'm actually thankful that this happened, as it made be noticed that a line of 5 of my Easter Spinos (which I had transferred over a few days earlier) was out of range of the feeding troughs. so they had been starving, but we caught it before anyone died. I then went and crafted up some more troughs, to make sure every area was covered.

I accidentaly killed a 145 Raptor female that I wanted to tame. Hit the wrong button with my Wyvern and fried it, instead of picking it up. :dod-xmas:

I then went back to the private server, and tamed up a few more dinos, including a beautiful Purple and Blue "Nerds" Doed. and a Purple body with Cyan hands 145 Sloth. Sadly once I got it tamed and moved next to my 145 Packer sloth, I realized they are both males ... so I need to keep looking for a female.

Tamed a 150 Carno with neon green body and hot pink spikes. Couldn't pass it up.

Got into a bit of trouble with some Wyverns that totally surprised me, while I was trying to tame a beautiful Argy in the South side of the map. The Argy was killed in the battle. And my Wyvern (who was not one of my Melee Wyverns, but rather a resource hauling wyvern) got taken down to less than 1000HP, so it was scary. I did some X-Wing fighter diving and deking thru some cliffs and arches to escape, once i knew that fighting them was a lost cause. Also took advantage of some Brontos that were congregating nearby to help run interference.

I noticed on my Single Player game, that the wild dino population appears to be about 1/10th of what the private server has .... but the dino count is at 1 setting for both.  So I might need to do a dino wipe, to refresh.

Back on the server, I reduced the size of my new base, as it was causing lag and I only use like 1/2 of it. Since I plan on transferring most of my dinos tamed to the single player game anyway. I'll try to take some screen shots soon. The view from the bedroom in the base is amazing. Like a penthouse in the Rockies.

• Like 4

Hello,

Playing on Official servers Xbox.

Tomorrow is the big TLC 2 update for us. We prepared for a long time and today I took out some fert eggs if worst case update senario takes place. 

Doing this and feeding dinos I got into a few shots fired so I was not prepared at all but after some runnimg around. I got the fight to stop. Talked a bit and said our good byes. During I ended up with a lot of screenshots most of Argents.

I must say I will remember the old Argents very very much. 

Well so much new to enrich the game play with. I secured a Spino spawn just for the tlc 2 update.

Regards,

Ariana 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Playing on Official servers Xbox.

Tomorrow is the big TLC 2 update for us. We prepared for a long time and today I took out some fert eggs if worst case update senario takes place. 

Doing this and feeding dinos I got into a few shots fired so I was not prepared at all but after some runnimg around. I got the fight to stop. Talked a bit and said our good byes. During I ended up with a lot of screenshots most of Argents.

I must say I will remember the old Argents very very much. 

Well so much new to enrich the game play with. I secured a Spino spawn just for the tlc 2 update.

Regards,

Ariana 

That is great idea .... I hate the way the TLC Argies look, so I need to take some pics before they are gone for good.

• Like 1

Got on for a bit last night, last time I was on i had 5 rexs raising, two of which had my new hp and melee. Logged in to bodybags from all of them, food render glitch :( Mated my good breeders and hatched two more, crap stats. Oh well! 

Went out for a fly about, spotted a yellow/blue theriz, 145 male! Tamed that buddy up. Came out with decent melee (343).  Mated the theriz with my.females, got my 8k hp to transfer, with the bad melee and the other baby got the good melee and bad hp. I now have two easter bears, both yellow with natural brown on the other side, opposite colour patterns same colours. Mated them up because one of them has 361 melee base. The baby came with all good stats and level 244 :) 

Did some base building, im prebuilding a base for when i head to island to start bossing. 

After I got bored of that, made some eggs to kibble (really need an indy cooker..) and had 8 galli kibble, so I decided to go look for a nice easter beaver. Flew down to green ob beavers and after about an hour of slaying beavers i spotted a 145 easter. Terrible colours, all mismatched and 3 different bright ones (yellow body, magenta stripe and cyan feet) Flew him back to my base and got it knocked out and tamed. Easy peasy with kibble.

Did a quick meat run, I dont even bother using a rex anymore.. I just go out with a good imprinted bear and a chainsaw. Got an asc. One from a drop awhile ago. Quick berry run on my easter bronto (blue legs, red body pink top - named "Very Berry") and as im getting back to base I spot an easter rex. Theyve all been terrible levels, after a quick scope its a 130 male :) cyan top pink bottom. Threw it in pen, ran out if tranqs (oops) made more and got it out with some prime inside.

Topped up babies, tamed rex and stripped my gear, set xbox to auto shut down after 4h and sat there as i went to bed. Wasnt letting the glitch get me! Relogged in the morning to make sure. All good.

• Like 2

Didn't have a lot of play time today. Decided to go get some pelt, but to save time we took the Argies. Crafted up some fria curry and took off. Turns out, argies suck at gather pelt, lol. Ended up with maybe 70 pelt after 20 minutes of killing everything. Our curry wore off but surprisingly it was a very warm day in the snow biome, almost 50F, so before we headed home I remembered we were running low on gas so we harvested oil for a few minutes and came home with almost 600, which should tie us over for a few weeks. threw that in the forges and got some cooked meat jerky going in the preserving bin then logged out.

As promised, here was the frog breeding pen we had on aberration that we never used, which is ok because it was too shallow so it probably wouldn't have worked

y4mjDaPsVVeyQohGYif9S1IuDWDO5dS9T_AME9u1

y4m0bg8YPhXYuBeS2teKskWEKac3Co4VZ3pvpLgE

Tonight we will probably breed sabres again so my wife gets an imprinted one and id like to get a better one, last one didn't get the 400% melee from the mother

• Like 2

Had a good weekend in Ark.

Got some good hatches, a few decent trades, and a lot of farming done.

Trades;

I’ve mostly taken a back seat from the trading market but every once in awhile find something I really want to acquire and go for it. This week after a few months of searching I finally came across my 90 armor Argy saddle BP.

After quick discussions with the guy I uploaded the payment and created a new character (my standard protocol to prevent character lost) on the guys server. What a great trader. He brought me into his tribe to pick me up with the Argy, I gave him his payment, and he gave me the BP but there was a 37 minute upload timer. To pass the time, he let me use a Carno and we ran the swamp cave and he said he gives his trade partners whatever is pulled out if it doesn’t surpass what he already has.

That brought the timer down to an easy 9 minute wait. I really enjoyed that trade.

I traded some bp’s of my own for crystal, mostly on server but do have a visitor coming over after work today. I traded with this guy before so it’s always a smooth transaction.

Farming;

Outside of my raises I really just wanted to get some farming done, which i did. The problem is I farmed mostly metal and obsidian. Lol. I really enjoy the combination of the crab/anky/ravager and with the teleporter it makes it too easy to just zip over to obsidian island and clear it of both in an hour.

I did farm a bunch of sparkpowder too. Two trips around the preserve netted me 25k flint with the mantis and the crab with two 1600 weight doedics on auto harvest netted me about 16k of stone. I turned that into 2 ¼ vaults of sparkpowder.

I ended up hitting the charcoal trees just as 2x expired though so was only able to grab enough of that to make 2500 advanced rifle ammo. I traded for another 2000 from an ally too. They have a guy who mostly just runs the desert drops and makes bullets. He fills what he calls the “2nd amendment” vault and the rest of us in the alliance put in orders from him. I traded them a red mute Bary egg that I will probably never hatch so it worked out great.

I live close to the Wyvern cove and have a lot of Argy in my area so I keep turrets on the roof plus we use assault rifles in the Rag boss fight so bullets are a big priority for us.

I didn’t end up making a lot of structures like last week so I didn’t really farm too much of the basic stone, wood, thatch or CP to make metal structures.

Raises;

I was very fortunate in several of my hatches this week.

I was unfortunate in the Argy department. Hatched probably another 25 eggs or so but still no weight mutations. I was hoping to have two weight mutations by now as the TLC drops for PS4 today. This will give me an idea at least as I am sure the trade market will be flooded in short order. I did keep an Argy with the hp, stamina, and weight stat and gifted it to an ally. He plays more than even me so we will share breeding stats at this point and between the two of us hatching I am sure we’ll get the argy line going fast. I have some nice colors (egg form) to breed in these stats but I want to get to hatch 800 weight before I do that.

I did hatch my new Rex. 14k hp, 2484 stamina, 461 melee. All white and he’s a male. He’s a beast and my new top breeder. He was finishing up this morning before work. I’ll breed him several times but probably just store the eggs unless something tragic happens in a fight. I seen PS4 PvP is selling 508 melee eggs right now (typically means there is two levels higher) and I know of the breeder on PvE that has 15k hp already so the new servers are already knocking on legacy’s doors for Rex stats.

I hit several spouts of good luck in the Quetz and Yuty department.

For Quetzal’s I got a male with the 1680 weight, combined the orange mohawk and orange wings as well as the green beak and orange wings. I also was able to hatch another unmutated female. When she is done that will give me 4 unmutated females and my new top male breeder.

5ae1ebb2c4a45_Grnbeak2ForngWingQuetz.thumb.jpg.826a5efcdece2484dea75524a6e676ad.jpg

5ae1ebb935c56_OrangeMo2FWingQuetz.thumb.jpg.422fe4657494c44179fb07cdd87b19ca.jpg

The building project consisted of me putting a second floor in the Quetzal section of the flyer barn to increase the storage capacity to 10 females with 1 male. This will give me my best shot with the limitations official PvE, and my own stringent rules, has to get the next weight mutation.

I’ll also breed up the colors to get that last piece there. I have a male and female with the green beak/orange wing combo and can breed the female with the orange mohawk male. The orange mohawk/wing combo is also a female so I can breed her with the green beak male or green beak/orange wing combo male. I’ll do a lot of inbreeding with that line to lock up the mutations then start selling eggs/adults.

I was just as fortunate with the Yuty hatches to an extent.

5ae1ebbd52bb3_Pink2FYellowYuty.thumb.jpg.36fc17efcbff7bebc65caecef874494e.jpg

5ae1ebae04c33_Fullstatyuty.thumb.jpg.93303cfaf9f88f036ba76f1ec4debf07.jpg

The pink and yellow hatched with the top combined stats (10.3k hp, 2184 stamina, 331 melee) but is female like the last one. Still this will make breeding the stats into a male with the color easier.

The yellow and blue received the 355 melee I tamed over the easter event bringing it’s stats to 10.3k hp, 2184 stamina, 355 melee but is also a female (giving me 3 females with that color). Really melee is mostly a wasted stat on Yuty’s but they do get attacked by dimorph’s, griffin’s, and ptera’s in the dragon/ragnarok fights so it helps to be able to fight them off a little. Plus it popped 246 so, “yay for the hatch level!”

The last one is my stat line (though I do have to revamp a little) and sits at 9900 hp, 2184 stamina, and pulled in the 355 melee. It has 1 mutation on the line from an early breeding mistake but I’ll breed with the current 355 tamed male to get a male and then breed that primarily for myself and my allies. 

Rest of the weekend;

I played on my crafting island server a little more this weekend but also took a little extra time from Ark to watch some movies including the new Jumanji. Very funny. I actually really enjoyed it. It’s not a mind blowing excellent film but it’s very funny in its own right and kept me entertained. Other than that I watched certain Marvel movies in anticipation of Avengers Monday or Tuesday.

Upcoming;

Simple as boss fights, which we will do sometime this weekend as I host my crafting island server allies, a little building, farming, trading, taming, breeding, Arking.

Until next week.

• Like 2

Last night we bred the sabres again and my wife got a lvl 300 male and a 100% imprint on it (only needed 1 imprint for sabres at my rates), so today we decided to go on a pelt/leveling run with the sabres. We crafted up more curry and headed to the snow biome. On the way I stopped and grabbed enough pearls to make a few more fridges. While gathering pelt I noticed a 172 male argent which would be a perfect mate to our female (150 pre tame) so we kited him to a nearby pen and continued to gather pelt while it starved.

When I started getting full of pelt, we got enough prime for the argent and finished taming it then headed home. Nothing too special on its stats, 1100 stam and just under 800 weight were the 2 that stood out, but it will be nice to breed with. So we get back to base and we had enough pelt for 1 fur set. Then I craft the fridges and we log for the day.

Mammoth is on the top of our list for this weekend and then we start the dino pen expansion. I'm also starting to think this game is wanting me to tame an army of gallimimus because I have gotten about half a dozen blue gallimimus saddle bps and 2 or 3 blue gallimimus saddles from drops over the last week. We also have a few blue mammoth saddles and bps as well

• Like 1

22 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Rest of the weekend;

I played on my crafting island server a little more this weekend but also took a little extra time from Ark to watch some movies including the new Jumanji. Very funny. I actually really enjoyed it. It’s not a mind blowing excellent film but it’s very funny in its own right and kept me entertained. Other than that I watched certain Marvel movies in anticipation of Avengers Monday or Tuesday.

Upcoming;

Simple as boss fights, which we will do sometime this weekend as I host my crafting island server allies, a little building, farming, trading, taming, breeding, Arking.

Until next week.

I watched the movie I AM DRAGON on Netflix/Amazon Prime last weekend.  It is a Russian movie with English subtitles ..... I was very impressed with it. And yes, there are Dragons (Wyverns) in the movie.  It is more of a love story, than anything else, but beautiful cinematography (sp?) and I enjoyed much more than I would have anticipated.  Plus DRAGONS!!!

I did not play ARK last night.  I had a dinner meeting, and then I watched the NFL draft and the Stanley Cup playoff game (Pitt - Wash) I see that once again Washington is cursed to lose out to the Penguins in the playoffs. I am so sick of Sidney Crosby. 

Anxious to see what the TLC update looks like when I get home tonight. Sadly, I forgot to take screen shots of my favorite Argies, so now I will be stuck looking at their stupid new design.

Went to Carnivore Island flying my top Pteradon looking for a high level mate for my female Argy who is lvl 262. Got a bit too low showing off fighting Carno's and Raptors and got knocked off and killed. Took another Pteradon there to get the first one back and discovered corpses of dead Argys everywhere stuck in the sky. Top Pteradon is fine after fighting the birds so we get him to follow in the dwindling light. Loot crate on the edge of Carno Island looks interesting so I hop off and take a look. Whilst I'm doing that the two bloody Ptera's fly off together in some romantic secret getaway thing and I'm stranded on Carno Island!! (forget to sort out the who's following who commands). Had to swim to shore, avoiding the jellyfish and get my Argy to look for them. Looked all over the North East of the map and failed to find them. Had to tame a lvl 50 male Argy just to get something productive done. Disastrous session.       

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, RichDrac said:

Went to Carnivore Island flying my top Pteradon looking for a high level mate for my female Argy who is lvl 262. Got a bit too low showing off fighting Carno's and Raptors and got knocked off and killed. Took another Pteradon there to get the first one back and discovered corpses of dead Argys everywhere stuck in the sky. Top Pteradon is fine after fighting the birds so we get him to follow in the dwindling light. Loot crate on the edge of Carno Island looks interesting so I hop off and take a look. Whilst I'm doing that the two bloody Ptera's fly off together in some romantic secret getaway thing and I'm stranded on Carno Island!! (forget to sort out the who's following who commands). Had to swim to shore, avoiding the jellyfish and get my Argy to look for them. Looked all over the North East of the map and failed to find them. Had to tame a lvl 50 male Argy just to get something productive done. Disastrous session.       

That sucks. Wonder if they somehow got set on passive flee, that has happened a few times to my raptors and I was lucky to find them

3 hours ago, RichDrac said:

Maybe they were fighting a dimo.or ptera and flew up to world ceiling

Edit: How can i add pictures to the forum from my xbox? 

Friday Night hatch night turned a lot more tame than i though. Hatched two theriz eggs, all 3 offspring got the colours but the bad melee and hp. Also hatched an argy for imprint bonus + base crafter.Kept em anyway because I need the 20 dinos for my bosses. Figure i can take out most easy and med with my decent breeds. Alpha when i improve bloodlines a bit.

Went out to tame argys between, nabbed a 130 normal and a 140 easter (yellow body, green wingtips and blue feet) no great stats yet. Tamed a 130 Bary, some easter eggers, went on a metal run shortly, a mats run and made 4 of my mc theriz saddles. Im in need of major hide and ingots (not to mention 1.4k wood each) 

This was the most tedious of all my solo boss prep on offical.. making saddles haha. The argy should help a lot.

Other than that not to much eventful, todays plan is to hatch more, do a bunch of metal runs, fill up a vault each of ingots, hide, fiber and wood. Also farm up more tribute items. Ill just admin the ones into my island unless it lets me transfer em (dont think so) I might make my island toon just to get started moving some theri and rexs over & to give me some boss motivation. Need a good bary for cave runs for artifacts too.

Love the new argy mechanics so much i might have a theme for my SE, argy only flier and only tames the argy can move. We will see after some bosses!

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2