So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

22 hours ago, d1nk said:

I love reading about your start up! The early ark is my favorite. Getting that first tame to get metal, first fab,  fridge and useful tames. I feel after 4k hours I always go too far through that part! 

I always like the first several weeks of a fresh start, theres always something to do. As I get more and more advanced it always seems harder and harder to decide what to do, lol

Today was a good day. Started by gathering mats to build a fridge and generator. After that was finished I was half a level from being able to make the argent saddle. There was a 187 alpha raptor nearby that we have been avoiding. So i asked my wife if she wanted to help me take it, she said why not. So we hop on our trikes and clear out around it before fighting it. With the mate boost and knock back it didnt hurt much, but it did take a while. My wife got the final blow and gained 3 levels (from 59 to 62). I gained none and both trikes gained 10, and we got a major score in loot. An ascendent crossbow, ascendent pickaxe, and apprentice hatchet.

Now that one of us was lvl 62 we went back to make 2 argent saddles. Then set out on a mission. We wanted an anky and a decent female sabre to mate with our male. While looking i spotted a 147 female wolf so I scooped her up and dropped her in a pen. While it was starving for prime we grabbed a 127 anky and dropped it in a second pen. Tamed up the wolf, then my wife spotted a 187 female sabre and we tamed her

We were nearing the end of our play time and we decided to look for a male wolf. While looking I spotted a 210 mammoth. He was a little bloody, but decided to try to knock it out. It was looking promising, kited it out of the snow, got it stuck, but ended up killing it :( Better luck next time.

If i get time we are going to mate the sabres tonight. Just going to hope it wants cuddles, walks, or kibble from our limited supply. At this point we are going to wait untill next weekend for a mammoth.

During the week we are going to start extending our wall, our base is getting really cramped now so its time. We also plan on making a crafting building and kitchen. Our ultimate goal for during the week is to get a few snails. Crafting cp and gathering chitin is already getting old, lol

• Like 2

On 01/03/2018 at 5:12 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

I actually did a pretty fair amount but probably don't have a lot to say (until I start writing and then and then and then).

Raises:

Six 12.5k hp, 449 melee Rex's. These are the start of the line for beta and alpha rag. Five of these will go to the boss barn, the sixth is my new top breeder. He hatched level 290 and got our 2226 stamina and 940 weight in addition to the hp and melee. I'll breed him with 12 clean mute females and two females with same stats to get at least two guaranteed eggs every time. 

Three clean female Rex's. I currently have 6 clean females so here are 3 more that will be added to the breeding pool. I'll breed the clean male again to get the last three. 

One Argy. I now have the hp (4015) stamina (1280) and melee (408) together on a 1 mutated bird. Just have to get the weight added yet. (760)

Two Theri's with cyan color and 9.2k hp, 396 melee. I got twin males out of the egg. I hatched it for a trade so I'll sell both males. 

No real exciting stories out of this. The tek troughs make it easy, I think I did the initial meat run and maybe a small buffer, so it really is set it and forget it. 

Trades:

There was a bunch of them. Most involved the Quetzal's and Quetzal eggs with a few more egg trades set up for this weekend. 

I acquired a lot of different stuff. Sold 3 adult Quetzal's. Received 2k shot gun ammo, 2k tranq darts, and a full set of Artifacts to run a fight with. I also sold 3 Quetzal eggs. i got 12 artifacts (6 an egg) and a purple Theri egg that matches our stats. Since I sell those for 8k ings it was a good deal imo. 

I traded the old xmas Argy with the stam and melee stat for an additional 4 artifacts. I also moved a 220/230 Giga egg for 2k advanced rifle ammo. I traded a 98 armor Tuso saddle BP for a tek trough. I traded a 89 armor Giga saddle BP for 5 rex saddles. That was from an ally on my island server. He basically allowed me to use his BP (94 armor MC) and my crafting character to make 5 saddles. Highest was 108, lowest was 95.4. 

I traded two Yuty eggs to another ally at a reduced cost of 4k advanced rifle ammo. This is a group of guys from legacy. They had bought an egg previously. I gave them one of the upgraded eggs (10.3k hp) as a gift of sorts. 

I then came to a a different business practice decision with my closest allies. I'm not charging them anymore. At some point they will or have hooked me up (one of my allies let me use his breeder male 12.5k hp, 449 melee that got me my breeder male and 5 fight worthy Rex's). I am very particular about who my allies are so if I invited them into an alliance they have been extensively vetted. So for my legacy buddies, I gave them a Quetzal egg. I also moved all our colored anky's and eggs to the one guy who only does Anky raising (with exception of our magenta tipped green spiked mating pair which i am actually using. I told him to get my stats or better on the blue yellow color I gave him and I'll take an egg from that. I was on their island server to do that trade and they invited me to their tribe. So now when rag is acting a fool, I can just hop over there and work with them. 

I still have two more Quetzal eggs to move for 12 artifacts and I am moving one of the male Cyan Theri's for 28 artifacts (guy offered that many because he doesn't have a full set). Other than that I am just focuing on raising the Rex's and prepping for some Quetzal and Yuty hatching over the Easter break. 

Boss fight: Ran another fight with the same allies as before. No losses this time though some of the Rex's were as low as 2k hp from 25k hp (a large portion of our Rex's got stuck on the Golem's this time). It felt smoother and I used my crafting character on our AR BP which gave us three AR's at 298 dmg and one at 278. I think we will need to run one more gamma just to make sure we have enough element to sustain the new Rex line breeding and then we should be Beta and Alpha prepared. 

Docket: More Rex, more Argy this weekend. More building, more trades. Maybe go play around in the desert on the last of the Ravagers like we did for a few minutes last night. I really actually enjoyed that. 

therezin cyan price?

Decided to have a tidy up around my base and organise all my tames. Couple hours later I was just about getting done and needed to move one of the rexes I was raising so whistled follow one, only I didn't....

That split second before 400+ tames came charging towards me felt like an eternity. I then turned off my pc for the day. My base just isn't supposed to be tidy.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, DarkSoul996 said:

Decided to have a tidy up around my base and organise all my tames. Couple hours later I was just about getting done and needed to move one of the rexes I was raising so whistled follow one, only I didn't....

That split second before 400+ tames came charging towards me felt like an eternity. I then turned off my pc for the day. My base just isn't supposed to be tidy.

Pretty sure we all have done that at least once.  For me, so many times, that I now turn all my dinos to IGNORE group whistles. Sorry it happened to you.

On 4/21/2018 at 12:49 PM, d1nk said:

Now; my Island theme is going to be no fliers. That being said, I could use some help here. Two things: One, where should I make my base? Needs to be close to an Ob for ease of transfer / bosses, no fliers so material transport is going to be a burden and it needs to support an endgame lifestyle when needed. Im willing to build outposts for material if needed and will eventually have tek items for transfer / QoL. (Wont be till after boss stage)

Two: I cant decide which server to do it on. I have an unofficial rented (console remember) which my Rag is on and of course Single Player. Im using my current SP rag as extra storage / breeding if need be and my current rag unofficial is also breeding / taming event dinos (cause .ini changes) Now, should i host island on server and use rag for storage until im ready for bosses? Or should I progress on SP and keep rag on unofficial for the taming / breeding (persistant world) and do my SP for bosses?

I dont want to cluster another server to my rented, and can transfer freely between SP and UO (my new term for Unofficial) 

Not sure if you would consider this option, but you could create a new account on your PS4, and thus have a new character. Then you can play on SP.   

4 hours ago, DarkSoul996 said:

I hate when that happens. Had a similar thing happen way back, get moved to a new base, all dinos put in their place. Then my brother, whos new to the game, logs in and joins our tribe. Not 5 minutes later he hits "j" and you know the rest. I pretty much just left them where they were and never reorganized.

Today was a short day. Pretty much just gathered stone, wood, and fiber. Then crafted 150 tranq arrows and made 10 refining forges and placed them on the back wall of the storage building. Tomorrow morning we will do our first big metal run and hopefully get a sap tap up and craft flak armor for both of us. I realized with s+ you dont really need a tree platform to get the sap, just pull it :) Hopefully we have a few snails by the end of the week too

• Like 1

I think it's been over a month now looking for a Rex saddle BP without any luck. I've found four good Rex saddles and one okay one during that time, but I'm feeling like I'm in a rut. All I've been doing lately, aside from building that sea pen, is feeding dinos, caving for crates, and hunting red drops. So I shut my servers down and am taking a week off. I'll start them again next weekend and see how things go. Happy Arking to you all in the meantime.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Not sure if you would consider this option, but you could create a new account on your PS4, and thus have a new character. Then you can play on SP.   

Xbox but same diff :) Hmm what do you mean? I know of the method you speak, its how i did my no fliers before on official.. but how would i use it here? Sorry im a little hazey this morning

Last night we bred our sabres and got a 297 female with a 100% imprint. Today we started with a metal run at the volcano. Took 2 argys and an anky. Didnt get a ton of metal, but enough for now. Came home with 1k metal, 300 or so crystals and 300 obsidian. Im probably going to leave an anky up there sometime soon and a bunch of forges and fast travel and gather a few times a day and pick up the ingots every few days. Atleast until we find a more fruitfull place for metal.

After the metal we went on a frog hunt. I grabbed the 1st frog I saw and it was a lvl 180 male. I set it down on a safe rock and the wife takes to back to base to tame. I then start searching for a female and find a purple 165, purple is my wifes favorite color :). So i take it back and we get both frogs prime tamed. 

Next we take the frogs out to the swamp for paste. I was running short on time so we only grabed enough for a sap tap. We rush home and I make the tap and rush to the redwood to place it. While I doing that my wife makes us each a set of flak armor. And that was it for the day. 

Tomorrow we get snails and do another metal run and we may throw together a makshift water breeding pen to breed our frogs.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Nope, I play on my own private server with just my wife and 2 brothers. Never even tried official, can't if I wanted to anyways because battle eye causes my pc to crash for some reason

Ohh, well i feel like at some points private servers are better, and way better if u play abberation servers. Since the fact that the official ones are so pillared, the beauty of that map kinda dissaperes.

2 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Last night we bred our sabres and got a 297 female with a 100% imprint. Today we started with a metal run at the volcano. Took 2 argys and an anky. Didnt get a ton of metal, but enough for now. Came home with 1k metal, 300 or so crystals and 300 obsidian. Im probably going to leave an anky up there sometime soon and a bunch of forges and fast travel and gather a few times a day and pick up the ingots every few days. Atleast until we find a more fruitfull place for metal.

After the metal we went on a frog hunt. I grabbed the 1st frog I saw and it was a lvl 180 male. I set it down on a safe rock and the wife takes to back to base to tame. I then start searching for a female and find a purple 165, purple is my wifes favorite color :). So i take it back and we get both frogs prime tamed. 

Next we take the frogs out to the swamp for paste. I was running short on time so we only grabed enough for a sap tap. We rush home and I make the tap and rush to the redwood to place it. While I doing that my wife makes us each a set of flak armor. And that was it for the day. 

Tomorrow we get snails and do another metal run and we may throw together a makshift water breeding pen to breed our frogs.

Make sure the water is deep!! I raised frogs for awhile and they like to kill themselves like Mantas

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Make sure the water is deep!! I raised frogs for awhile and they like to kill themselves like Mantas

Theres a large flat shelf off shore that i think is 2 or 3 walls deep. Would that be deep enough? If so it should be pretty easy to throw together a little breeding pen there that Ill eventually turn into a water pen

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Theres a large flat shelf off shore that i think is 2 or 3 walls deep. Would that be deep enough? If so it should be pretty easy to throw together a little breeding pen there that Ill eventually turn into a water pen

believe my frog breeding pen was only 3 or 4 walls deep. What i did to ensure no baby deaths was to ceiling on top just below water line, they couldnt even have the option :) The only time you really need to worry is on Walks.. the egg floats to bottom and you cannot move it (So be ready to raise)

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

believe my frog breeding pen was only 3 or 4 walls deep. What i did to ensure no baby deaths was to ceiling on top just below water line, they couldnt even have the option :) The only time you really need to worry is on Walks.. the egg floats to bottom and you cannot move it (So be ready to raise)

Cool, thank you, have not raised a frog yet, set up a pen on aberration but never actually used it before we stopped playing aberration. 

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Cool, thank you, have not raised a frog yet, set up a pen on aberration but never actually used it before we stopped playing aberration

Swamp cave is amazing on a bred frog. (Bonus if your wife rides a mate boosted raised version with you) 

I did no fliers on my island where I bred frogs, had a 400% move speed one too.. oh boy!!! Fun. Only problem is there isnt reduced fall damage. I jumped from volcano and almost made it to obsidian mtn, only to die on impact :P 

Hah i cant wait until the weekend.. my wife works a week on and off so during her off time I try to spend as much quality time as possible. Almost back to the week on ;) 

Edit: Abberation biolume lake gives me the heeby jeebies .. random memory about a frog pen hah

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1