So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

6 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I did a LOT of flying around, scanning for easter colors. I went to Jerboa Island, and tamed up 1/2 dozen of the little furbags. Saw two cool looking Argies, and even though they were low level, I had to tame them up. I also passed on a level 20 argy that was t he most incredible color pattern. When I came back 1 hour later, it was still around and fighting megalanias. I decided this time to tame it, so I KO'd it. and killed any threats in the area. While I starved it a bit, I gathered berries in the area. I then hoped back on my Wyvern, only to have a megalania spawn in and immediately attack.  I tried to move my Wyvern Ghost Pepper around to take out the Megalania, but when I moved the baddie got in some bites on the Argy, and killed it. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGG!!! 

That whole peninsula is where I reside on official. Tons of useful dino's to tame. Rex, Allo's, Carno's, Saber's, Argy's, Anky's, Raptor's, Doedic's plus if raising a Wyvern it's easy to kite a female to a trap on the hill closest to the cove. My little slice of Ark heaven. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

That whole peninsula is where I reside on official. Tons of useful dino's to tame. Rex, Allo's, Carno's, Saber's, Argy's, Anky's, Raptor's, Doedic's plus if raising a Wyvern it's easy to kite a female to a trap on the hill closest to the cove. My little slice of Ark heaven. 

It is a good location for that, but looks like it might be a pain getting Rexs and the non-carryable dinos to an OB from transfer to my SP game. That was also one of the reasons why I passed on the rex the first time. There was a 150 regular color male there too, that I ignored.

1 minute ago, Aushegun said:

It is a good location for that, but looks like it might be a pain getting Rexs and the non-carryable dinos to an OB from transfer to my SP game. That was also one of the reasons why I passed on the rex the first time. There was a 150 regular color male there too, that I ignored.

Yeah that could be a bit of a pain.  If you go to the west side of the peninsula and walk north towards the Wyvern cove and stay along the beach with really one water crossing it's not so bad (I have to deal with behemoth gates from another base there but luckily have a transmitter and teleporter at this point.) may run into a Wyv or two but a decent Rex can handle them and then you might run into some Allo's and other Rex's on walk up to green ob but all you'll be doing is getting levels really. 

Alternatively you can fly west with your Rex on a Quetz platform and if you go to about center of bay before heading up to green ob and fly close to the ceiling, you usually bypass all the Wyv's. 

For my server it's the last good Rex spawn as both green ob and blue ob are built heavy so some of the Rex spawns have been killed but in your own world, blue ob and green ob produce many good Rex spawns and would be more convenient for transport. 

At green just be wary of the occasional Giga spawn. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Yeah that could be a bit of a pain.  If you go to the west side of the peninsula and walk north towards the Wyvern cove and stay along the beach with really one water crossing it's not so bad (I have to deal with behemoth gates from another base there but luckily have a transmitter and teleporter at this point.) may run into a Wyv or two but a decent Rex can handle them and then you might run into some Allo's and other Rex's on walk up to green ob but all you'll be doing is getting levels really. 

Alternatively you can fly west with your Rex on a Quetz platform and if you go to about center of bay before heading up to green ob and fly close to the ceiling, you usually bypass all the Wyv's. 

For my server it's the last good Rex spawn as both green ob and blue ob are built heavy so some of the Rex spawns have been killed but in your own world, blue ob and green ob produce many good Rex spawns and would be more convenient for transport. 

At green just be wary of the occasional Giga spawn. 

@yekrucifixion187  Thanks for the info. I currently have a 135 Giga that is south of the Green OB. I will need to kite him to the ocean or tame him.. haven't decided yet.

Maybe I should just try the Quetz option. I can transfer one over from my SP and build a platform on it.

• Like 2

I finally built an industrial grinder, seeing as i had 7 vaults full of gear I'll never use and several duplicate saddles. Ended grinding up stuff for an hour or so. Besides the tons of fiber, flint and wood, I amassed 4200 metal ingots and 900 obsidian. Lances produce about 100 ing a piece and laser attachments produce 15 crystal and 10 electronics. Now that I've used it, I would say that it is easier to just grind the materials the old fashioned way. I'm now dropping all items primitive and ramshackle unless they are lances, guns, shields, or gun attachments. Industrial grinder cost: 3200 ing, 2000 crystal, 800 cp, 600 oil, and 600 poly. Net gain: 1000 ing and a bunch of easily attainable materials. Net loss: 1950 crystal, 550 cp, 600 oil, and 150 poly. Coupled with the stupid controls of the industrial grinder, having to select things one at a time, this turned out to be a huge disappointment. Would have been way more productive to collect the 1000 ing myself and still have the 2000 crystal sitting in storage. High level gear produces more materials in the grinder, but I haven't amassed a ton of journeyman, mc, and ascendant stuff that i don't need yet. My advice to everyone that has vaults full of low level gear: just drop it, grinder not worth the cost or time. If you have vaults full of high end stuff it may be worth it, but I haven't tested it yet.

• Thanks 1

@Aushegun dont forget about platform limit mulitplier :) its defauly 1.0 and 2, 3 effectvley double and triples it. I have a rex transport platform for when I need, handy. Lucky for me my base is at the obby (or rather, the flat plains beside it) 

Got on for a few hours last night, started the long process of transferring all my stuff from.SP rag to my unofficial rag. After a few trips i simply spawned in a transmitter and plopped it in the middle of the SP base, make things even easier. 10 trips later (i had a lot of items / bps) Most of it is on my Unofficial. I decided to only bring my main breeders & farm tames / fun mounts and leave the rest in the stasis safetey of SP until I need to do bosses. Still have 9 rexs and 8 theriz on SP..

After spending about 2 hours back and forth from Ob i went out on my quetz to see if i cant tame a few easter dinos before bed. Happened across a 145 male theriz, brought it back to base and knocked it out. Awhile later it tamed up (perfect, the wife and I had  to do a few things) and only after taming did i realize its actually easter coloured :) It has that light red stripe on back and yellow belly. The main colour was a normal brown so i didnt even notice!

I went to grab a red drop close by and saw a easter dimorph, further inspection it was a 145 f, yellow and green :) (eat your heart out @Aushegun:P ) 

My wife happened to walk in as im running around trying to shoot the little bugger. Shes laughing as each shot keeps not registering she doesnt understand the hitbox issue :Jerbmad:

Got him pretty much perfect tamed and took my prize back home to log for the night! Been rewatching Game of Thrones on Bluray, only watched the series illegally on stream sites so its sooo nice in HD with headphones!

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

@Aushegun dont forget about platform limit mulitplier :) its defauly 1.0 and 2, 3 effectvley double and triples it. I have a rex transport platform for when I need, handy. Lucky for me my base is at the obby (or rather, the flat plains beside it) 

I went to grab a red drop close by and saw a easter dimorph, further inspection it was a 145 f, yellow and green :) (eat your heart out @Aushegun:P ) 

ntckx.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

My wife happened to walk in as im running around trying to shoot the little bugger. Shes laughing as each shot keeps not registering she doesnt understand the hitbox issue :Jerbmad:

I hate those little guys, lol. Will never forget the time i accidently stepped on one with a rex and a swarm ate me alive. Dont forget you can bola them. Then you pump a couple darts/arrows point blank and they go down quick and easy

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

I hate those little guys, lol. Will never forget the time i accidently stepped on one with a rex and a swarm ate me alive. Dont forget you can bola them. Then you pump a couple darts/arrows point blank and they go down quick and easy

Haha I ended up doing that. After my mild frustration i had to help my wife with something then went back got a few bola and got it

Had a pretty productive day today, didnt get everything accomplished, but we got a good amount. Started out taming a lvl 15 male turtle that was outside our walls. Didnt have a female yet but we would soon. Then we went in search of another sabre. While looking we came across a lvl 150 female argent that we just had to have, so we kited her to the pen and prime tamed her. Got her back to base and went out looking again.

Found a 195 male sabre, but had to take care of a large pack of hyenas before kiting it to the pen. While fighting them the strangest thing happened, my wife and her raptor vanished before my eyes. I looked at her screen and they were teleported to 50/50. We were like DILO. Told her since it was an obvious bug to just cheat fly back. 

While she made her way back I got the sabre in the pen and tranqed. While it starved i grabbed our carno and we killed a 187 bronto and got just enough prime. 

After the sabre tames we decided to hit the volcano for metal. We each jump on a ptera and have one of our argents follow. Get there and forgot its really hot up there so we could only stay long enough to get maybe 300 metal, 100 crystal and 50 obsidian. We head back and get the metal refining, as well as some oil, then head out on an adventure with the sabres for chitin to make cp, but not before tranqing a 67 female turtle and dumping mejos in it.

We eventually wind up in the swamp and kill lots of bugs. At one point I get pinned by a karpro, but it was low level and I killed it with a pike. After we get about 250 chitin we decided to head home and think about wrapping it up. We get home, build a fabricator. Then decide to go on one more metal run so we can make a grill, and fridge and genrator tomorrow. This time we go a little more prepared and throw on our best cloth and come home with 600 metal, 100 obsidian and 150 crystals. We then throw the metal in our forges, do an egg check and log for the day.

While we didnt get a mammoth or anky, I think we made decent progress. We both hit lvl 60 so we are so close to making an argent saddle. Tomorrow the plan is to build a grill, get fur and flak armor, make a generator and fridge, and hopefully get a mommoth and anky. Then during the week we are going to start building a crafting building and a cooking building. Our little cabin is starting to get cramped so its time, lol

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Cut for scrolling

I love reading about your start up! The early ark is my favorite. Getting that first tame to get metal, first fab,  fridge and useful tames. I feel after 4k hours I always go too far through that part! 

Got on a bit last night, before I start ive been thinking of starting my boss progression soon. The way im going to do it, will be starting fresh on the Island with a themed character, once said character has progressed past the electrical stage (roughly level 75~ with 0.75x exp for longer mid stage) I will end the theme (unless im really enjoying it) and start bosses. Ive got enough rexs and theriz on my main play that i can easily knock out up to med brood/ape and easy dragon. I will have a breedathon beforehand of course, for more rexs.

Now; my Island theme is going to be no fliers. That being said, I could use some help here. Two things: One, where should I make my base? Needs to be close to an Ob for ease of transfer / bosses, no fliers so material transport is going to be a burden and it needs to support an endgame lifestyle when needed. Im willing to build outposts for material if needed and will eventually have tek items for transfer / QoL. (Wont be till after boss stage)

Two: I cant decide which server to do it on. I have an unofficial rented (console remember) which my Rag is on and of course Single Player. Im using my current SP rag as extra storage / breeding if need be and my current rag unofficial is also breeding / taming event dinos (cause .ini changes) Now, should i host island on server and use rag for storage until im ready for bosses? Or should I progress on SP and keep rag on unofficial for the taming / breeding (persistant world) and do my SP for bosses?

I dont want to cluster another server to my rented, and can transfer freely between SP and UO (my new term for Unofficial) 

Back to the story. Last night i started on UO rag, after transferring some more stuff from SP. My goal was to breed a bear for a decent dps dino and tame some more easterinos. Bear birthed with OK stats, went off in search of some dinos. Im only going to tame high level easter dinos for use and easter eggers (much like cymas did) As im flying around, throw an easter stego (135) parasaur (150) and phiomia (50) into pens. I have a huge taming pen system attached to my walls in this base.

Those tame up as I do a few mat runs, more walls doors and some ingots for future use. On a metal trip I see a 140 male easter dimorph, had the stuff on me now (and bolas) got it tamed up with cooked mutton. See a 135 easter bronto, a 140 male rex (normal) and a 130 easter giga!!!

I dont normally like Gigas but easter! I go back to base, make a fee hundred tranq arrows and start with the bronto. Get him out and starving, head to the rex. Get him out inna good spot, starving. Now the giga.. i had 10x metal dino gates already made fromthe metal runs I was doing, made a small horseshoe, kited the giga in and almost died getting it trapped. Ive solo tamed a few gigas in my days, I had a 360% asc xbow so just sat down, started tranqing. After almost 100 arrows he went down. At this time I have: 135 bronto, 140 rex and that 135 stego knocked out. Stegos almost done, check up on bronto and rex, meat up berry up and taming starts. Get some more narc berry from the base. As i fly over the giga, land to throw berries in him.. he wakes up. Doh!! Never seen a quetz squack so fast. All the tames were in green obb valley (Hidana) 

I had to much on my plate, i decided to let the giga stay penned up and ill kite it later. After that fiasco i got all the tames to base, topped up troughs and went to check on the giga to decide if ill tame it. Hes blue top and yellow bottom. 

Flying over to the Giga, I spot a yellow and red bear. 145 male! I ditch the giga and drop the bear in a pen, tranq out, went and chomped a hive with my rex for some honey and dropped it in.The giga despawned :( Its getting late now and after the bear I just head to bed.

Woah, that turned out long.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Now; my Island theme is going to be no fliers. That being said, I could use some help here. Two things: One, where should I make my base? Needs to be close to an Ob for ease of transfer / bosses, no fliers so material transport is going to be a burden and it needs to support an endgame lifestyle when needed. Im willing to build outposts for material if needed and will eventually have tek items for transfer / QoL. (Wont be till after boss stage)

Two: I cant decide which server to do it on. I have an unofficial rented (console remember) which my Rag is on and of course Single Player. Im using my current SP rag as extra storage / breeding if need be and my current rag unofficial is also breeding / taming event dinos (cause .ini changes) Now, should i host island on server and use rag for storage until im ready for bosses? Or should I progress on SP and keep rag on unofficial for the taming / breeding (persistant world) and do my SP for bosses?

I would suggest the area around Green ob to build. redwood mountains has some good obsidian and metal nodes, very good for meat runs, lot of flat buildable area. 

Red is a bit safer but lacks resources. 

Blue is rich in resources but adds additional dangers plus isn't the best terrain for building and traversing minus a flyer. 

I'd do bosses on single player. Taming and breeding on UO Rag.

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I would suggest the area around Green ob to build. redwood mountains has some good obsidian and metal nodes, very good for meat runs, lot of flat buildable area. 

Red is a bit safer but lacks resources. 

Blue is rich in resources but adds additional dangers plus isn't the best terrain for building and traversing minus a flyer. 

I'd do bosses on single player. Taming and breeding on UO Rag.

Okay thanks man! I was kind of thinking Green Ob area! Glad to hear an opinion, I always stayed away from Green Ob on official! 

Im just trying to keep the flow going. I cant transfer element and I plan to have one place where i can actually use Tek.. never really did on officials. itll have to be rag! I cant transfer element (nor get all tekgrams there) so ill have to do a little admining for that. Ill justify it by having to collect the element on Island and transfer over until my rag char can knock out the double boss

Edit: Thats one big flaw with my storymode im realizing.. Theres no way to utilize one character for the whole thing using both servers.. Im just going to have to have some RP split personality matrix thing going on haha.. ill keep rag (main play) and SP (Island bosser / story char) both at the same progression engram-wise (tekgrams) and just do most of my real playing in Rag. Thankyou @yekrucifixion187 for the musings and indirectly helping me shape my story haha.

Edited by d1nk

Did a few batches of rex eggs today and a few dimorph eggs. With last nights rex tame I got a new HP (9,900) Few babies with the male and got my first rex mutation this line, Light Purple body. New rex stats (once they combine fully) 9.9k hp, 1.7k stam, 12.6k food, 331 melee, 790 weight after imprints they sit around 11k hp 370~¿ melee and leveled to 20-30k hp 450-550 melee. Raised 3 rexs earlier got 4 raising now (10x breed on UO) thatll put my rex count to over 20. 18 bossers and 5 breeders. Need to hunt better stats and switch to Theriz. Should i collect artifacts on rag or island?

Tamed a few more easter eggers and a nice 150 pure light red mammoth (more like brick colour, not the bright deep christmas red) and a pure green 150 frog. No luck with any good leveled easter argys :( 

My dimorph stats suck, getting funky colours though, my female was yellow green (base black body) and male was magenta, cyan, green so after a fee gens ill post a pic haha

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1