So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

2 hours ago, Sunday said:

Day 3 still haven't found a home server. Being a solo is making me more and more paranoid with each passing hour all I do is spawn, die, repeat god have mery on me and my sanity.

Yep .... that is PvP ..... maybe try a PvE server or even single player mode for a while, so you can at least enjoy yourself.

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

So last night after work I jumped back on the server. Even though I am the only person with the password to the server, I am too dumb to figure out how to enable console commands, so I had a few points of frustration, when I got stuck in things that I normally would "fly" out off. Once I had to jump in place for about 2 minutes and FINALLY got unstuck, the other time I resorted to shooting at a nearby dimorph, and then letting it kill me, so I could respawn.

So I was very excited about taming some colored dinos, but I really only wanted high level ones. Tamed up some crazy looking 140 & 145 Anky pair. Tamed a bright red 140 Dimorph, and a neon green with yellow paws Sloth. And 2 dung beetles. That is it! :(  I spent about 100 arrows and 25 darts on a beautiful 130 Doed, that would never run, never attack, would just stand there until bloody, then curl into a ball. So I would leave it alone, and comeback and repeat the whole process. It never would get KO'd. I've never experienced such a thing before.

I also came across a pair of 140 & 145  Argies, one was neon yellow with Pink trim, and the other was bright blue with purple and red. But my bird was on neutral, so I had to fly off and change his setting before going after the argies. When I came back, the Argies were engaged in a battle with 1/2 dozen Dimorphs, and no matter what I tried, I could not get them to leave the dimorphs and come after me instead. They kept circling each other all the way up to the invisible ceiling. Then the Yellow one was killed, and I finally got the blue one to follow me. I dropped it right on top of the big butte, on top of a rock. I cleared out everything in the area (basically nothing to begin with) and I went off to let it starve a bit. 

It was at this point when I got so stuck that I had to get myself killed by a Dimorph. Finally after re-spawning, and collecting my loot bag, made a saddle and fly back over to the blue argy. Just in time to see 2 scorpions spawn in and drop DIRECTLY on top of the Argy on top of the rock. I grabbed one with the argy, and killed it, then grabbed the second one. But sadly they had already done their damage and killed the Argy. :Jerbcry:

I did spot a nice 135 Tapejara but it kept circling in no man's land, and I could not get a shot to connect on it. I also saw 5-6 great looking Spinos (including a Cyan,  and bright blue ones, but I want to trap them to tame them, so I need to build the trap first. 

I also saw a crazy looking Rex, but it was only a level 15, so I killed it instead.

I think tonight I will grind out a Spino trap, and start taming up those beauties I saw... both were level 145!

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sorry about your argy @Aushegun

Today was short like again. We gathered more mats to continue working on the inside of the storage facility. I think its finished for now, until we fill the boxes we have in there now. 

y4meik9inciK2uJgNGnNwh-SMSGaGC9OVptuhTiL

Couldn't help but take a few screenshots of the sunrise before I logged for the day

y4mLR8f4RWgDr-hIooaAWkJFmsGcopof0bfo5Eok

y4mt0Uax6oi1pMgk2wq1vIkZUcgZggCrwarRv7uk

18 hours ago, d1nk said:

I cannot wait for tlc2 for us console pleebs!!!

I want that argy tlc and charging trike :) !!!! The countdown begins.. 1.5h until im freeeee

I can't speak for the argy because I can't fly mine yet, but you will love the trike. Charge is the fastest way to gather thatch that I've found yet and its not bad at wood either when you don't have any other dino for it. Took this short video of me using it for thatch and this is at official gathering rates https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsMtN84PBnqtgZZNSYrWe3Om3ZBIfA

Our plans for tomorrow are to start gathering for a mammoth taming pen. We are going to try to tame a pair this weekend. No fur yet but we are going to pack a little house, fireplace and lots of curry

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 3

Been lazy the last couple times I've been on. Lots of stuff to do but seem to just wanna afk and just let ADD take over. Tek conversion has gone stagnant and just can't seem to wanna get into a gathering grind, I also didn't realize how many building pieces are around my beta base.  (Guestimating around 300 total foundations, 150 or more walls and about 150 ceilings)  

tpfvNSmrUMKWdYntjThN8xdnVEoAmu%2BoOOLHB%

26433b4c-a89f-47e3-9a55-a9ddf537f404.PNG

soo far this is what I've accomplished. 2 Tek conversion renos are done with just the last one adding 64 foundations 34 walls and 60 ceilings. Starting to become quite a bit of work lol even with the recycled mats from the old metal structure.  I will do obsidian and crystal runs till I fill a transmitter with one of them and leave all extra in the transmitter inventory section for later trips. Usuall do one type per day. Crystal one day obsidian the next ect. Metal I try daily as anyone that knows this location would know it's on an iron mine. 

The story of this base is I have a thing for homes in the backwoods and seclusion. I have my regrowth radius for structures 0 so trees will regrow through foundations, so I built this place around the trees and terrain. The tallest part of the base is a covered industrial forge so I believe 6 walls high? So I tried hiding an elephant under a rug so to speak lol. The building with the Quetz on it is a Dino storage. Have dilos, parasaurs, Carno pair, allo, mega, 8 wolfs, scorpions and 4 teras. Try to keep everything covered for obvious reasons lol. 

e0983fdb-215d-43ee-979b-9b4f99bdc71b.PNG

This is what you see ;) don't fly close. I feel like I accomplished what I was after. When I'm done the interior I'll post those. 

Took a 3 day break after the renos to do some drop editing, now I have starter packs for white drops and completely redid every loot table. Double reds will give you up to 50 element. Going to have to do some tweeking I think but Imma live in the glory for a bit lol.  So after confirming drops worked I did the usual chores and shut it down for the night.  

• Like 2

Running my own Nitrado Rag server so today i spawned in a load of wood structures then build a huge wood and thatch bar on the beach including sea view area. I then spawned in war drums beer kegs and storage full of beer. After this i painted the whole thing pink including the lighting and proceeded in getting my Character as drunk as possible then had naked fist fights with Dilos and Dodos on the beach where i believe my body is still laid as my internet went down. All in all the best day ever on Ark. You can find my bar on unofficial pc server EU Fallout World, its on the beach somewhere between Blue and Green towers i think ( i was drunk in real life too) feel free to drop in there's loads of beer.

• Haha 1

Changed direction at the last moment this past weekend in Ark.

I took a break from the breeding and despite no boosted rates decided I'd just harvest, tame a little, and just kind of play Ark lazily with no real direction in mind. 

It was both fun and frustrating at times.  

Tames;

I don't remember all what i covered last time but i'm pretty sure I didn't have an Argy i just tamed. Was a 145 female. i dropped her on a rock and made use of the forcefield to protecte her which is a nifty little thing as long as you can place it. i put her down on the peninsula so no issues there. She had a pretty good hp so I figured either way it gives me a new female for my breeding program. She stood up with 4088 hp. My new unmutated high. 

I've been knocking out Megaloceros like crazy so I'm not sure which ones were covered. I think I have a new one to add which was another male that tamed out with 1400 stamina. Slightly better than what I currently had. So I currently have 2620 hp, 1400 stamina, and 378 melee to work with. I want 3k hp so am not going to start breeding until I get frustrated with the hunt or get it. 

Raises;

Again I am not sure of everything i covered and am not focused enough to look over my past posts so I know i got a hp mutation on the Argy line from the 4015 hp which took it up to 4160 hp.

5ad8837f75218_ArgyHPmute.thumb.jpg.d8977cd9379401b15615380c4a4aea92.jpg

I just stored him to the side for the time being, i think i did mention that. His red feet is what is left over from the christmas event colors. i pretty much was able to breed out the green and yellow and most hatch with the red feet and red wing tips. i like that look.  I also did hatch a few more Argy eggs and came away with my new top male breeder. he pulled the 4015 hp, 1300 stamina and 768 weight. 

I hatched a few more eggs after he finished and was bred but still no weight mutations. 

Most of the rest of my time was spent harvesting resources and promptly using those resources, lol. I built 10 metal behemoth sets with no plans to use them. 25 stone behemoth sets. 200 metal ceilings. 150 metal walls. 200 metal pillars. I harvested 2k crystal. Spent probably 80k ings which I replaced almost immediately. Harvested about 7k obsidian, converted only some of that over to poly since when I went to run the beaver dams they were already harvested. Filled a vault full of wood, stone, thatch. It really was fun though. no real direction. Just me and my dino's of choice taking in the landscapes.

i even bought a few dino's, something i normally don't do. i like my dino's but an ally of mine was looking for metal structures, what luck, and had some nice statted and mutated ravagers for sale. I bought one from him and pumped it up to 2500 weight. I now walk around obsidian island with the Ravager in one crab claw and the Anky in the other and in 3 trips I'll clear every node. 

I'll teleport the Anky back to base and dump it off in that forge until it is filled then place the rest of the metal in the forge at ob island. I'll bring CP out to ob island and empty the Ravager in there. I haven't taken the ravager out to help harvest crystal yet but with the TLC upcoming for PS4, I can't wait to grab an Anky and a Ravager on my almost 4k weight Argy and just stockpile whenever I want to. 

We ran a few fights as well including Monkey Alpha to give our allies the rest of the tekgrams and Rag Alpha to farm a little more element. 

I can't speak highly enough about how well we all work together and support each other. 

We also decided to run the Skylord side of the labryinth and that was a bot if a bungle. 4 of us went in but only 2 of us emerged. 

(this would have been a lot angrier yesterday which is why I did not write)

While doing the lab a lag spike dropped my one buddy in a spike pit killing him. I went to get his stuff (full tek suit, 280 long neck, 290 shotty, 200 element, just a bunch of stuff) and his body just disappeared. No bag. Big loss from a game glitch. Our other buddy who died faced the same fate though not as big of item losses. lag spike and he fell into a spike pit. The Skylord never respawned despite waiting about 15 minutes after the last surviving ally grabbed it. 

Rest of the run went smoothly, we both got a massive and devious but that 1st part was real crappy. 

The next part was extremely irritating.

I woke up the next morning and my buddy who lost all that good shot was on. I told him I'd bring the BP's we've been using so he could grind during the day, jump on his crafter, and replace his items. i teleport over and he's waiting for me. after everything renders i drop a bag, always drop a bag because Ark likes to eat stuff, but lo and behold Ark ate my bag. Just gone. i checked inventory, checked underneath teleporter. Teleported back to base hoping to render it in and be able to grab it but nothing. just gone. 252 ASC shotgun BP. 226 JM Shotgun BP. 247 ASC sword BP. The biggest loss though was the 252 Long neck BP. I have a 247 MC Shotty BP yet. I have a 251 ASC Sword BP as well as a few other 230+ sword BP's yet but I have no other long neck bp much less one of that quality. 

I hit share and save as video but haven't looked over it to see if it caught the moment so i can file a ticket. 

I've been looking hard to trade for a 240+ bp since, all of one day, lol. No hits yet though an old trade partner did find a 232 bp for trade. It's close but with what I'd be willing to trade I want a higher tier or that 232 to be MC cost. 

Freaking Ark.

on the docket;

I will resume the Yuty and Quetzal hatching as well as Argy this week. I also was given a 14k hp 461 melee Rex egg. though I probably don't need additional Rex's, I'll hatch and raise it. Hopefully it's a male and I'll replace it as my top breeder. 

I'm also going to keep grinding as I love to make the tek stuff and play around. I am currently in the midst of designing Atlantis. I hate building but I'm going to try my best to make something awesome for an underwater base. 

That is a very long term project though. 

Until next week. 

• Like 4

Got on the server last night and went out to tame. First thing I saw was a super cool looking Scorpion that was fighting a couple Stegos. So I picked him up and dropped him in one of my pit taming pens. Unfortunately, the stegos followed us, and found their way into the pen, and killed the scorpion. Pfffssst!

I then did some grinding and made up 8 or 9 Behemoth gates/gateways. I then flew down to the center water area in Rag, where all the Spinos are. I built a two layer line of gates. The plan is that I get a Spino to chase me into the first layer, and then after I tame them, I move them thru the second layer of gates for safekeeping.

I then spent the rest of the night taming up Spinos. I tamed 5 beautiful colored spinos, with 4 of them being level 130 or higher. unfortunately not all of them were dropped in the taming area, and thus nearly all of them got reduced taming efficency, thanks top either stupid Piranhas or something else. It was frustrating to try and set it up so their either dropped on land or followed me into the safe taming area, but Spinos and their ADD make it very hard to do. Bummed about the reduced TE, but that's ARK life I guess.

I also had two amazing looking spinos (Neon Yellow with Pink, and Neon Blue with Red) spawn INSIDE the tamed spino enclosure. Of course they were killed, by the tames before I could do anything about it.

I also tamed a 145 easter Stego female and a blue and red 145 pooper pig.

Saw some cool looking argies, but they were all below level 30 :( So I killed them hoping for better re-spawns.

I live in Wisconsin, and am a NFL Packer fan, so I've found myself really drawn to the green and yellow combo dinos.  I think I will try to tame up a whole army of "Packer" dinos.

I still need to figure out if I will tame that 135 Giga that is not to far from my base. I did manage to kite it away 2 nights ago, and it has stayed in the new area, but I would feel better knowing my base is safe from it. I would need to grind out a ton more tranq arrows and narcotics if I want to tame it.

I also would like to see what the water dinos look like. Would love to get a Easter Mosa!

Most likely won't play tonight, due to a dinner engagement.

Looking forward to this weekend. I plan on building a Argy enclosure . Plus I need to build a taming pen for the 140 Griffin that is just out of render distance from my base.

so much to do.....

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Got on the server last night and went out to tame. First thing I saw was a super cool looking Scorpion that was fighting a couple Stegos. So I picked him up and dropped him in one of my pit taming pens. Unfortunately, the stegos followed us, and found their way into the pen, and killed the scorpion. Pfffssst!

I then did some grinding and made up 8 or 9 Behemoth gates/gateways. I then flew down to the center water area in Rag, where all the Spinos are. I built a two layer line of gates. The plan is that I get a Spino to chase me into the first layer, and then after I tame them, I move them thru the second layer of gates for safekeeping.

I then spent the rest of the night taming up Spinos. I tamed 5 beautiful colored spinos, with 4 of them being level 130 or higher. unfortunately not all of them were dropped in the taming area, and thus nearly all of them got reduced taming efficency, thanks top either stupid Piranhas or something else. It was frustrating to try and set it up so their either dropped on land or followed me into the safe taming area, but Spinos and their ADD make it very hard to do. Bummed about the reduced TE, but that's ARK life I guess.

I also had two amazing looking spinos (Neon Yellow with Pink, and Neon Blue with Red) spawn INSIDE the tamed spino enclosure. Of course they were killed, by the tames before I could do anything about it.

I also tamed a 145 easter Stego female and a blue and red 145 pooper pig.

Saw some cool looking argies, but they were all below level 30 :( So I killed them hoping for better re-spawns.

I live in Wisconsin, and am a NFL Packer fan, so I've found myself really drawn to the green and yellow combo dinos.  I think I will try to tame up a whole army of "Packer" dinos.

I still need to figure out if I will tame that 135 Giga that is not to far from my base. I did manage to kite it away 2 nights ago, and it has stayed in the new area, but I would feel better knowing my base is safe from it. I would need to grind out a ton more tranq arrows and narcotics if I want to tame it.

I also would like to see what the water dinos look like. Would love to get a Easter Mosa!

Most likely won't play tonight, due to a dinner engagement.

Looking forward to this weekend. I plan on building a Argy enclosure . Plus I need to build a taming pen for the 140 Griffin that is just out of render distance from my base.

so much to do.....

Sounds like your base is near mine :) I havent gotten on my server for more than 20 minutes this week, real bummed but maybe this weekend! Got on the other night to my griffin and doed on server almost starved! I forgot about the persistant world ha ha.

• Like 1

Well today wasn't the greatest, decided to hatch a purchased Rex egg keep in mind this is the first egg that me and my friend have ever hatched. We was expecting that it was going to require care in 4 hours however, we was greatly wrong only to realise it got changed ages ago, we didn't know because all of the videos we watched didn't have the 8 hour 'wants care' period, only saw the one before it was adjusted. So we could of had the Rex asking for care in reasonable times but you know it results in us having to get up in the night, if we had known this it could have been regular hours :/ feels bad, but it's w/e guess you learn one way or another. 

Edited by Poggers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Sounds like your base is near mine :) I havent gotten on my server for more than 20 minutes this week, real bummed but maybe this weekend! Got on the other night to my griffin and doed on server almost starved! I forgot about the persistant world ha ha.

Yeah, I keep reminding myself about the difference between S.P. and the server. That is why I plan on transfering most of the dinos to my S.P. on a regular basis.

My map centralized base on Ragnarok is the buttes right near the huge man-made bridge. between the blue and green OBs.  I originally spawned in at Viking Bay, and  then made my way south thru the snow area, and across the bridge.  The buttes offer some perfect terrain for pens, by just installing a few Behemoth gates.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

Yeah, I keep reminding myself about the difference between S.P. and the server. That is why I plan on transfering most of the dinos to my S.P. on a regular basis.

My map centralized base on Ragnarok is the buttes right near the huge man-made bridge. between the blue and green OBs.  I originally spawned in at Viking Bay, and  then made my way south thru the snow area, and across the bridge.  The buttes offer some perfect terrain for pens, by just installing a few Behemoth gates.

Ahhh okay, my friend had a huge castle there on my last unofficial , I like that place. Close to metal, oil pumps, 5x griff spawns within render, redwoods near for easy wood etc

My only complaint about green ob area is.. the sunset/rise! That area gets less sun because the mountains around it, really annoying. When its turning dusk the shade line from day / night moves with you, really bugs me. So much so ill stop and wait for night or day whichever

• Like 1

Today we focused on building the stuff for a mammoth taming pen including a 2x2 stone hut with fireplace so we can get out of the cold while one tames. We set aside all the stuff in storage box and we plan on setting it up Saturday. While gathering we tamed a lvl 37 female Iguanodon to add to our slowly growing kibble farm.

After that i hopped on a ptera and whistled my argent to follow and hit some of the island oil nodes in the snow biome. Was only planning on a quick run (enough for some jerky and an indy grill) so I didnt make any curry or take any food...which was a mistake. Only got about 200 oil before I had to turn back because I was starving and was taking too much damage as well as gaining torpor. As soon as I got out of the snow I landed and quickly gathered and ate a bunch of berries and stim berries before heading home...wont fo that again. A fur run is for sure on our list for this weekend after we tame a couple of sabres.

That took up most of our short play time this morning. I did manage to hit a few drops before quitting and did pretty well, the highlights were a MC Flak helm, JM Doed saddle bp, and an ascendent Dunklo saddle bp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Also tells you when you press select (on xb, one of the middle buttons ps4) Ill usually name my tribe after the place i build! I love that Ragnarok has a lot of cool RP names :) 

That's sir it does! Edric Rapids is where I thought I built but It says the dead bluffs lol. Gets real hot some days. Just never thought of naming the tribe based on location, always had a predisposed name. Currently bad company. Was something else that I can't post due to forum rules ?

20 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

That's sir it does! Edric Rapids is where I thought I built but It says the dead bluffs lol. Gets real hot some days. Just never thought of naming the tribe based on location, always had a predisposed name. Currently bad company. Was something else that I can't post due to forum rules ?

Ehh its just a little RP :P Also keeps me attached and inspired to the location. My last unofficial I was Lake Vogues Goods Co. Specilized in trading premade indy forges (i love farming ingots) 

12 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Ehh its just a little RP :P Also keeps me attached and inspired to the location. My last unofficial I was Lake Vogues Goods Co. Specilized in trading premade indy forges (i love farming ingots) 

Hahaha yes it is.  Bad Company is a Robin Hood style - maintain balance with a hint of Jim Carey comedy.  It's all fun and games just don't screw around.  Walk around nude with 40 dodos throwing presents to the bobs. WHY NOONE PLAY WITH ME?! 

0a71ec4f-a3f3-4382-aced-69c4b7ea3a0c.PNG 

This is typically how I enjoy my time. Pillaging dams and trolling beavers lol. They now gnaw on site xD

• Like 3

Had another short but productive morning. We set out looking for sabres. They spawn close to the taming pen we set up for the doed this weeking so we hoped on the raptors to take a look and found a 120 male by himself. Not as high as I was hoping for but we took it. Kited it to the pen, started tranqing it and it got bloody fast, but we got it down before killing it. Let it starved while we looked for prime and we found a bronto that gave us just enough. 

After we finished taming him we went looking for a female, found a 112, decided it was ok for now, got her to the pen, but she died during tranqing. Went back to kill all the low levels and spotted a lvl 180 female scorp. So we kited it to the pen snd tamed it. Stood up with 3k hp and 360 melee. 

Got the scorp back to base and had just enough time to look for another sabre. Only low levels again, but we spotted a lvl 90 female carno. Not as high as I would have liked, but it was female and I wanted the eggs for kibble. So we kited it to the pen and tranqed it. Started looking for prime and was starting to run out of time, and came across a low lvl rex that was getting beat up by raptors. We rushed it, killed the rex and raptors at the same time and got enough prime for the carno. Rushed back, dropped the prime in and a stack of raw meat for spoilage then went back to base to log and get to work. The carno should be tamed by now.

Our big plans for this weekend are getting a mammoth, a few more sabres followed by a fur run to make fur armor. Then a male carno, an anky or 2, and hitting lvl 62 so we can finally fly our argent. Then start gathering metal and build a tree platform to start getting sap so we can tame some snails for cp. Ill be happy if we get half thst done, lol

• Like 1

I ended up getting some time to play last night after all. I started the night by trying the Mad Max game that was the free game for April on PS +.  Well after 20 boring minutes of that, I switched over to ARK. 

I did a LOT of flying around, scanning for easter colors. I went to Jerboa Island, and tamed up 1/2 dozen of the little furbags. Saw two cool looking Argies, and even though they were low level, I had to tame them up. I also passed on a level 20 argy that was t he most incredible color pattern. When I came back 1 hour later, it was still around and fighting megalanias. I decided this time to tame it, so I KO'd it. and killed any threats in the area. While I starved it a bit, I gathered berries in the area. I then hoped back on my Wyvern, only to have a megalania spawn in and immediately attack.  I tried to move my Wyvern Ghost Pepper around to take out the Megalania, but when I moved the baddie got in some bites on the Argy, and killed it. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGG!!! 

Soon after, I found a Packer colored Doed, and began the long slow process of hauling it back to base, with 2 new argy tames in tow. Almost lost the Doed once, as we landed for a stamina refresh on the top of a mountain, and the Doed fell off the side. IT was pretty comical to watch it traverse down the hill like a cannonball. 

Finally got the Doed home and tamed up. I also saw a 135 Anky male that was a total color burst, and even though I already had a bonded pair of ankys, I tamed this one up too.

I noticed a neon pink and orange Pachy had spawned in my dino compound, so I tamed that up as well, even though I have never used a Pachy. It was just too cool looking to pass up, plus it was a female, so there are always eggs from it. Not sure if I will tame a Paracer, but oh well.

I saw an amazing colored 140 Rex female, way down in the south, and after going back to base to grind up some dino gates for taming, I flew back only to have the Rex disappear. I have no clue what could have killed it, other than maybe it drowned?   I will go back tonight to take another look, plus to pick up some more of the tamed jerboas I left on their island.

This weekend, I need to build a housing area near the OB, so I can drop off dinos there as I tame them, so that I can transfer them to my single player game. I also need to get some colored Rexs and Wyvern eggs. 

• Like 1