So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

14 minutes ago, Sunday said:

Played my first ever offical server (xbox) and was requested to leave by the alphas then got bored as I'm a solo player. Now downloading Scortched Earth and gonna try a new server.

alpha tend to be pricks  but  mostly because  they don't want to risk being raided which  is  unrealistic because you have have the numbers and grind ability  to take on a 20 member alpha we mega alliances tend to less worried about new players unless  there part of another mega mostly because we have alot more members across like 10  different alpha and beta  tribes and are allied with one and only space cowboys and the unknown 

2 minutes ago, crazybear said:

alpha tend to be pricks  but  mostly because  they don't want to risk being raided which  is  unrealistic because you have have the numbers and grind ability  to take on a 20 member alpha we mega alliances tend to less worried about new players unless  there part of another mega mostly because we have alot more members across like 10  different alpha and beta  tribes and are allied with one and only space cowboys and the unknown 

Not much I could really do but they were nice about asking me to leave I have only really played on a unoffical rp server so this alpha and mega tribe stuff is very very new to me. I was invited by a friend to play the server then he quit so i'm going it alone.

• Like 1

Good day today. Spent an hour looking for doeds and found none. So I did a destroywild dinos and we found an 82 on the edge of the snow biome. But it was in a pretty hostile area so we decided to go home and build stuff for a taming pen first.

We set up the taming pen near a pond close to the snow biome and decide to clear out some hostile dinos first. And found my new favorite mount in the process, my trike, Walter. He is a beast, lol. I noticed some of the dinos around had the alpha buff so I knew there was one around.

Found an alpha raptor fighting a flock of argents so I charged in with walter. Little did I know the argrents were all over lvl 180. Im fighting away, and the argents are ripping me to shreds but atleast the alpha isnt hurting much. My screen gets red as the alpha goes down but I still have 2 more argents to deal with. I charge and break away just as the heart beat starts. The argents pursue but Im faster and my wife finishes them off with her raptor (i told her to stay clear in the begining) My trike had 100 hp out of 4k left by the time it was done but it lived :)

After several minutes of force feeding berries to heal the trike we kite the doed to our pen and knock it out and tame it. As its taming my wife spots a pair of allos getting close, alpha was only lvl 57. Decide to test walter again, I charge them and the wife and I kill them pretty quick, and walter took no damage.

The doed finishes taming and we decide to go back for an argent on our raptors (taming pen is fully enclosed)  We cant fly one yet @Aushegun suggested, they are good to have early on. Hunt around for a bit, and since we were getting short on time, settled on a lvl 82. Kited it to the pen and knock it out. We had no kibble so we starved it to feed prime.

As it was starving a 192 female ptera landed right on top of me, lol. So i bolaed it and knocked it out. Ran home to get the kibble. Came back, and after the ptera finished we started hunting for prime. We werent having much luck, killing argents were giving none. So we head home to look for a diplo and drop off the ptera. A thezio had spawned right outside our walls. So I grab my bud walter and kill  the thezio. Then we find a diplo and a few stegos which give us just enough prime.

So we finish taming the argent and take it home ready to log for the day, and a lone lvl 7 female compy follows my wife into base. We had just enough prime left over so i tranq it and tame it. And then we logged out for the day.

Plans during the week are to start expanding the base. Id like to build a cooking building and a storage building.  I learned the trike gathers tons of thatch and a decent amount of wood when charging so between that and the doed we should have the expansion done by next weekend in time for another round of taming

• Like 5

Yesterday was a very successful day! Had all day to play so got a lot of breeding in, a butt load of imprints (rngesus and my small kibble farm are working together) refined my rex line a bit and even got a new line going :) 

I started off the morning with getting a few imprints on my new rex, got a male with the 8.8k hp and 313 melee, trying to get it into twins. He was almost done so I took off on my quetz with some good fur, lots of food, tranqs, a prebuilt taming structure and some other goodies to find a good 150 megatherium. As im flying near canyon I see a 150 female bear, cant pass that up so i drop in my taming pen, head to a bee hive nearby and quetz plat up to it. 

As im getting near, I grab some honey, bees come out.. I look and it appears i can grab more! So I do. More? Sure! More??? Ok! ... The nests were stack spawned!! Suddenly im swarmed with a cloud of bees, my full armour suit breaks in a matter of seconds in this laggy tornado ive unleashed. I cant mount my quetz, cant even more or see anything! My 400hp was drained 2 seconds after all my armour broke. I ran back, thankfully quetz was fine and I was 35 honey richer! Tame up that bear, comes out crap hp, weight but 366 melee!

My rex is done, I pop some more eggs and get them onto juvi, some more 8.8khp but the melees arent passing to the highest (313 and 303) I head back out to find some Megatherium. I flew all through the redwoods area near canyon, through all snow by blue, through all murder snow, the entire redwoods biome... 2 hours later of just flying (and a few bedhops for imprints) not a single Megatherium over 20, and only a 100 thylo max. (I shotgun all the lowbies >:3) 

Discouraged I head by my old base, farm up some narcos with the bronto then decide ill make a taming pen near blue obby for easy tames i cant find near me. Im flying up and I spot a 135 male therizino! I take note, quickly throw down my taming pen near blue and go back to grab him. I accidently shot an extra time and had to let him wake, then retranq. As im babysitting him I clear some trees and rocks around, build a small spawn shack and tamed a few dodos, paras, etc for egg farm. Even on x5 taming this sucker is taking forever! 

Since im near blue obb, i teleported back via bed to main base, threw my new bear in obb with a saddle, popped a few more rex eggs and went back to blue to level up the bear. On my masacre I spot a 145 female therizino! Incredible luck! I dont have a taming pen so i destroy my shacks roof, drop him in (after a few attempts and 4k hp gone from my quetz..) i managed to get him knocked out! 

The 135 tames out, 7.5k hp and 365 melee!! Im estatic. My 145 is roughly 50%, then my game dashboards! When i reload, it rolled back to my 135 at 95% taming and my 145 at 30% >< To top it off, the 135 stands up with different stats and a lot worse. 6.6k hp 308 melee. The 145 tames out 8k hp and 276 melee. I throw all my tames in ob (including quetz) and bedhop back to my base at green ob. 

As soon as I got back, bred up some therizino and kept the original pair on wander penned up. My mating interval is roughly an hour so i managed to pop a few eggs. Got a female and male with the 308 melee, one with the good hp

Spent a few hours breeding, farming and building a small exterior open air egg pen. Basically a L shaped 10x5 with ramps and ceilings for the males. Nothing fancy but im trying to be concious about my structures and dinos. I can feel the lagg increasing daily from all the rexs. Got my chem bench down, some small upgrades to base etc.

I take a break and cook my wife some dinnner, watched a movie etc while my guy sat in a chair. (Le sigh non presistant world) 

I came back later and bred more theriz, another rex. Went out found a 135 rex, knocked him out for stats and instantly killed him upon tame. 6k hp 250 melee lol. Got a theriz born with both melee and hp on it! 

It was getting late. I renamed all my rexs and theriz based on their stats. I usually have a 2nd controller logged in while i imprint with an alt crafting random crap. Helps me get levels on my new breeds while i afk! Most rexs are 20-25k hp and 400-500 melee after a bunch of exp. Not a bad start.

Current rex count: 13 (2 useless tames) 

Current Theriz count: 11

Ive got to get some of these stored in obelisk. The reason i named them all is so I could pull them out on any map with ease according to boss needs. Most are for example: " FR/MR Bossmedeasy" or Bossmedhigh etc and theriz have their own names. The breeders are their stats in name

Sleep time! More progress tomorrow

• Like 4

Im a little conflicted. Im starting to feel the effects of playing my playthrough on SP. Since im console, I know the box can only handle so much before it corrupts (and its getting there) I plan to put a lot more time into this extended story.. im only on phase 1 of 4. Once im done on rag having my bloodlines set i will be moving to island to start the ascension process. That will take some strain off once i transfer some dinos there.. but its enevible even there.. The spawn mechanics for SP servers are starting to get to me too.. if i farm the canyon i have to physically sit there for 45 mins for it to respawn (even if i set to 5 or 10 mins.. i still need to sit there) dinos only spawn in areas i render etc.

Should I rent a nitrado server and do my ascension there? I cant afford to host 3 maps.. so i cant really transfer dinos like i was plannign to (and can) in SP.. Id also have to respawn in most of my tames to start up there, as im deep into this now and a fresh start will demotivate me. I can host 2, for awhile (atleast to use as a buffer transfer for ascension island - SE - Abb) 

Id make the tames close to my stats now.. but it still feels cheaty

Torn!

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Im a little conflicted. Im starting to feel the effects of playing my playthrough on SP. Since im console, I know the box can only handle so much before it corrupts (and its getting there) I plan to put a lot more time into this extended story.. im only on phase 1 of 4. Once im done on rag having my bloodlines set i will be moving to island to start the ascension process. That will take some strain off once i transfer some dinos there.. but its enevible even there.. The spawn mechanics for SP servers are starting to get to me too.. if i farm the canyon i have to physically sit there for 45 mins for it to respawn (even if i set to 5 or 10 mins.. i still need to sit there) dinos only spawn in areas i render etc.

Should I rent a nitrado server and do my ascension there? I cant afford to host 3 maps.. so i cant really transfer dinos like i was plannign to (and can) in SP.. Id also have to respawn in most of my tames to start up there, as im deep into this now and a fresh start will demotivate me. I can host 2, for awhile (atleast to use as a buffer transfer for ascension island - SE - Abb) 

Id make the tames close to my stats now.. but it still feels cheaty

Torn!

Do what makes you feel happy it's your story and if you need to do something to help it along and make it easier for you that's your choice my guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunday said:

Do what makes you feel happy it's your story and if you need to do something to help it along and make it easier for you that's your choice my guy.

Thanks! I learnt that I can transfer from my SP to Nitrado and vice versa, rented a server and threw it on Ragnarok. For now ill slowly transfer my main farming there! Just rented it a few hours ago, need to adjust rates and all that. Might just make it the island, havent decided yet. Rates will be low though. Longevity.

Had a decent day on SP Rag. Started out farming a bit, got some premade stone pieces made, farmed a few thousand ingots, prepped a second farming base for Desert Metal spawn. Took my imprinted bear, a bunch of taming supplies, food, premade base etc out headed towards the desert. I already have a shack built housing my spare griffin for drop running. Plan is to bring the bear out there to farm deathworms and set up a mining hut at the best rag metal spawn

Get to the metal cave pretty easily. Nice run through, ive never really been here. Set up a small hut inside the cave and was planning to run to the other side of the desert where my drops shed is. As i step outside a 140 yuty is spotted, I throw up a quick taming pen and get it knocked out (with a hilarious few times running off scared) 

After i fill it up with prime, head off to the other spot to park the bear and drop off my extra set of gear for the desert. The yuty tames up nicely and I bed port back to base. Went out and tamed a 145 frog, and went searching for another yuty. After over an hour i settle for a 120 and head back to base. 

I spent the rest of my time testing my new server, first fresh spawn i spotted a green easter ptera :)! Im going to like this..!

• Like 4

Didnt have much time this morning. The wife went out for stone on the doed, I took walter the trike out for thatch and wood. Then we got the foundation built on a storage building. Was getting ready to log and noticed a 157 thezio really close to our crops on the beach, so I took walter down to kill him. Took a while but only lost 1k hp thanks to the knockback . Get back to base, and a drop was right in the middle of our storage building. I was hoping the foundations would stop it from spawning but I was wrong. Thank god for s+ so its really easy to move.

Tomorrow we relocate and continue working on the storage building

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2018 at 12:41 PM, d1nk said:

After everything was tamed headed out with my weight griffin to cross the map gathering more obs and most important some pearls! Hit up the canyon, got some.pearls and some oil from my pump, it doesnt seem to produce unless i have it rendered.. so sat near it for a bit until dusk then flew off to pelagornis bay. Got a few hundred pearls and looped back to my old base near beaver paradise, stole some beavers life savings, almost died to seven thousand beavers and flew up to the old base. Theres a bunch of metal.around so I made trips doing a little farming with that nice asc pick. Loaded up my old weight argy and took off back home with it following me.

Good luck on your adventures fellow arkerinos! Till next time

I find that my oil pumps gather very little unless I am in the render are as well.  So what I have been doing, is when I get near my pumps, I stop and start crafting a bunch of supplies ... walls, foundation, whatever I could use. This helps me pass the time, plus I'm getting something constructive done. And since I am bringing one of my weight Wyverns to gather oil, I can also fill it with resources before I go to Oil pumps, if what I need to build isn't available in that area.

Oakaly Doakaly!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rince89 said:

I was frustrated with my singleplayer save on the Island (just started playing last week) because there were some spawn issues (or its just how it is... in the snow there were like Yutys only, redwood was swarmed with Pteras and nothing else...) so I decided to first have a look on Ragnarok map that finished downloading while I was googling how to get anthing else but yutys and pteras to spawn and then fix that poop...

I remember about a year ago, I had the same thing ... hundred of Pters spawning ...so many, that it was lagging the game play. My base was on the beach near the Redwoods and I was killing 24-7 to get rid of them.  after a month or so, it seemed to get better, but it was awful for a while. Like a pre-historic version of Hitchcock's "The Birds".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, d1nk said:

Thanks! I learnt that I can transfer from my SP to Nitrado and vice versa, rented a server and threw it on Ragnarok. For now ill slowly transfer my main farming there! Just rented it a few hours ago, need to adjust rates and all that. Might just make it the island, havent decided yet. Rates will be low though. Longevity.

I was just wondering about that this weekend. Playing SP I miss out on all the event colors and special dinos. 

If you rent a Nitrado server, I'm hoping/assuming that those get all the limited dinos and specials?  I couldn't find the info to answer those questions when I was looking on the NItrado site.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I was just wondering about that this weekend. Playing SP I miss out on all the event colors and special dinos. 

If you rent a Nitrado server, I'm hoping/assuming that those get all the limited dinos and specials?  I couldn't find the info to answer those questions when I was looking on the NItrado site.

Yes you can! In settings i can enable vday or easter :) Was flying around and saw soo many easter dinos. Was like a kid in a candy store, I love these colour events ! (YES! I can keep easter going even though the official event is over :3)

Edit: Too bad youre on ps4 @Aushegun :( 

Edited by d1nk
  • Thanks 1

Aside from an ornamental tower with cannons, my sea pen is finally done. My two Sarcos are lounging on ramps in there, with Basilos on neutral following them for defense. Plus, it appears that S+ turrets can target sea creatures, so I've got four covering the area. Now all I have to do is work on solo-taming some of the big guys of the deep.

• Like 1

PS4 - Single Player - The Island

Saturday I logged into The Island character, spent some time looking once again for my missing Argies. With no luck, I took off for the Mountains and other spawn points. One of the first place I checked was along the NW side where the snow biome meets the beach biome. I spotted a level 32 right away and got a handful of tranqs in it, when it started flying away. I had it lined up for another shot when I realized it was flying directly over a Rex and a whole mess of baddies along the coast. So I just kept watching it, hoping it would come back. Finally I saw it land right at the start of the snow in the cove. So I fly over, and figure I could get the KO shot in it. But as soon as I get off my bird, I start taking damage. That is when I see the Scorpion that was under the ice and sprang out when I got off my bird. So I fight him off and and manage to kill him. I then run to my bird to grab some stimberries, but I don't make it and pass out. The last thing I saw in the distance was a rex looking at me like I was a pop tart.

I can hear a battle near me, and I come to, just as my VERY bloody bird kills the rex. I get on the bird, eat the rex, and fly off to safety to heal the bird.  less than 100 HP left on him!

I decide to give up on the level 32, who is nowhere to be seen now, and I start flying all around the mountains. I finally get to the Lava Mountain, and after killing the lower levels I come across a level 32 male. Tamed him up and brought him home.

--- Ragnarok

Sunday I logged in with my Ragnarok character. I I had a perfect tame pair of pre-tame 150s but I wanted a 2nd pair, as I planned on breeding up some.

I found a 150 male within 10 minutes, KO'd him, and put up spike walls. I then set the timer and went of looking for a female. 45 minutes later I still hadn't found a 140 female, with a 140 being the best. So I went back and tamed up the male and flew him back to the Big Butte base. I then bred up the 150 pair, plus the new male with a 140 female I already had.

For those two eggs, I got twin level 224 and a level 228. Hatched those out, and got them thru 4 imprints before they asked for literally one of the only kibbles I did not have. So I called it a night.

Logged into NetFlix and started watching the new version of Lost In Space. Beautiful cinematography, but some of the plot/writing was bad and made no sense.

Parker Posey is in it, and I've always hated her, so not sure how much I will keep watching.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Single Player - The Island

Saturday I logged into The Island character, spent some time looking once again for my missing Argies. With no luck, I took off for the Mountains and other spawn points. One of the first place I checked was along the NW side where the snow biome meets the beach biome. I spotted a level 32 right away and got a handful of tranqs in it, when it started flying away. I had it lined up for another shot when I realized it was flying directly over a Rex and a whole mess of baddies along the coast. So I just kept watching it, hoping it would come back. Finally I saw it land right at the start of the snow in the cove. So I fly over, and figure I could get the KO shot in it. But as soon as I get off my bird, I start taking damage. That is when I see the Scorpion that was under the ice and sprang out when I got off my bird. So I fight him off and and manage to kill him. I then run to my bird to grab some stimberries, but I don't make it and pass out. The last thing I saw in the distance was a rex looking at me like I was a pop tart.

I can hear a battle near me, and I come to, just as my VERY bloody bird kills the rex. I get on the bird, eat the rex, and fly off to safety to heal the bird.  less than 100 HP left on him!

I decide to give up on the level 32, who is nowhere to be seen now, and I start flying all around the mountains. I finally get to the Lava Mountain, and after killing the lower levels I come across a level 32 male. Tamed him up and brought him home.

--- Ragnarok

Sunday I logged in with my Ragnarok character. I I had a perfect tame pair of pre-tame 150s but I wanted a 2nd pair, as I planned on breeding up some.

I found a 150 male within 10 minutes, KO'd him, and put up spike walls. I then set the timer and went of looking for a female. 45 minutes later I still hadn't found a 140 female, with a 140 being the best. So I went back and tamed up the male and flew him back to the Big Butte base. I then bred up the 150 pair, plus the new male with a 140 female I already had.

For those two eggs, I got twin level 224 and a level 228. Hatched those out, and got them thru 4 imprints before they asked for literally one of the only kibbles I did not have. So I called it a night.

Logged into NetFlix and started watching the new version of Lost In Space. Beautiful cinematography, but some of the plot/writing was bad and made no sense.

Parker Posey is in it, and I've always hated her, so not sure how much I will keep watching.

Ragnarok

I logged into my Ragnarok character on Sunday

Thats funny! I was just right before i came on lunch talking about that show. Buddy at work is trying to get me into it.

I figured i was done for the night last night but got on for a few hours after. I started by logging in naked, afraid and hungry with that easter ptera near me. Ill have to get used to persistant worlds again :) Excited!!

I made it to red ob, grabbed some carrots along the way and went to retrieve Aeries (inspirational name for a mythical flying creature .. i know!) And took off towards Green Ob. I decided ill stay in the same area as my SP rag.. I like it and its right beside an ob. So unofficial thankfully works the same as SP with transfers, so im able to bring my dinos back and forth with no stupid upload timers or expiry on things stored in ab Ob (yay!)

Flying around is so much nicer. No constant freezes every render zone, all the textures are loaded in properly.. looks great! Im no longer worried about my own limtations and can start breeding my laggmaster base & army required to progress in the game. Spotted a few nice easter tames along the way, decided id stop and knock out any nice easter tames along the way, didnt get distracted much (except for a green & yellow ptera) and made it to Green. 

I told myself I would just recreate my base on SP using creative mode, started out with the walls. Since im on a persistant server, I decided I needed a safe spot to park my prize griffin. I changed the design up a bit, still used dino gates as walls..lazy. Incorperated 3 taming pens (xlarge, large and med) into the walls of perimeter. This took longer than I planned and was way too tired. 

After work today I get a couple hours and I expect 99% of that will be flying around looking for a sweet easter tame :) .. not even going to lie to myself. Good thing i brought taming supplies with me. The rest of the time will be spent slowly going SP - Unofficial bringing tames over.

• Like 3

Didn't think I was going to get to play this morning. Have been having random crashes on all games for the last few weeks so I finally had enough of it and did a clean install of windows as well as upgrading my 2 small HDD to a 2 TB hybrid hardrive. So now I have windows on a 250gb SSD and everything else on the 2tb sshdd. Everything went smooth so i was back up and running last night.

This morning we finished our storage building structure and started filling it with storage boxes. My wife gathered stone while I got thatch. I tell you, a trike might not be the most efficient way to gather wood, but it is the most fun, lol. Its like a bulldozer and can clear a forest in a few passes. It does collect mountains of thatch, and way more wood then I could by hand in the same amount of time. I was throwing thatch away I had so much, and we are on vanilla gathering rates.

This weekend we plan on getting a couple mammoths though, we got 2 saddles in drops yesterday. I'm hoping to get a combat dino bigger then a raptor too.

Here are some pics. The new building is the stone one. Its starting to get cramped so we are due to expand the wall very soon. y4mSKziF9dFODKvNkXwMuPEEVWz5LoOBSq6Hdz5W

And this is inside the storage building which will be full of large storage boxes.

y4mW-YMak25PY-f8Um4vUdNMpDdjMKo5Ik-cr_H8

Our next building will be for cooking and then one for crafting too. When the time comes we are going to build a massive breeding facility off site, probably in the snow biome, cause why not. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Didn't think I was going to get to play this morning. Have been having random crashes on all games for the last few weeks so I finally had enough of it and did a clean install of windows as well as upgrading my 2 small HDD to a 2 TB hybrid hardrive. So now I have windows on a 250gb SSD and everything else on the 2tb sshdd. Everything went smooth so i was back up and running last night.

This morning we finished our storage building structure and started filling it with storage boxes. My wife gathered stone while I got thatch. I tell you, a trike might not be the most efficient way to gather wood, but it is the most fun, lol. Its like a bulldozer and can clear a forest in a few passes. It does collect mountains of thatch, and way more wood then I could by hand in the same amount of time. I was throwing thatch away I had so much, and we are on vanilla gathering rates.

This weekend we plan on getting a couple mammoths though, we got 2 saddles in drops yesterday. I'm hoping to get a combat dino bigger then a raptor too.

Here are some pics. The new building is the stone one. Its starting to get cramped so we are due to expand the wall very soon. y4mSKziF9dFODKvNkXwMuPEEVWz5LoOBSq6Hdz5W

And this is inside the storage building which will be full of large storage boxes.

y4mW-YMak25PY-f8Um4vUdNMpDdjMKo5Ik-cr_H8

Our next building will be for cooking and then one for crafting too. When the time comes we are going to build a massive breeding facility off site, probably in the snow biome, cause why not. 

Nice place! I like the simplicity :) One word of caution with off site breeding though.. you need to watch for the stasis glitch on dinos. Sometimes when raises are stasis during the majority of the raise when you re render them all the food drain catches up at once and they die. Most prevalant during overnight raises, during play sessions it isnt an issue usually.

Short one for me, got on for an hour, did a small bit of building and got off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Nice place! I like the simplicity :) One word of caution with off site breeding though.. you need to watch for the stasis glitch on dinos. Sometimes when raises are stasis during the majority of the raise when you re render them all the food drain catches up at once and they die. Most prevalant during overnight raises, during play sessions it isnt an issue usually.

Short one for me, got on for an hour, did a small bit of building and got off

Thank you. Yeah i usually overcomplicate things, Im trying to avoid it this time and make it look nice. My old rag base was like 20x20 by 20 walls high with 3 floors and a landing pad on the roof, really functional but didnt look great. 

As far as breeding off site, generally Ill keep mine or my wife's character logged in sitting in a chair near the baby for the duration of the breeding and we breed while we are watching tv. Ran into the eating bug before so I started doing that. I have boosted breeding so nothing takes longer then 8 or 10 hrs, most under 4

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

PS4 - single player - Ragnarok

Wanting a chance at the color event dinos, I decided to rent my own Nitrado server this morning. tried to copy my settings from my single player game, and got close, but not perfect, as both my character and the Wyvern I downloaded had a reduction in stats. But it has been fun seeing all the colored dinos. Only have gotten a blue piggy thus far, but haven't ventured out far. I had brought over building material from my single player, so I could make a starter base and taming area quickly. Thank goodness I also brought over 3 Behemoth gates, as there is a 135 Giga right down the hill from my base. So I was able to use the behemoth gates and land formations to create a safe base area. As long as I don't agro the Giga, I should be ok. I will probably try to swap the rock Behemoths for Metal as soon as I can, just to be safe.

Can't wait until after work to try and tame up some more colored dinos. Hoping for high level Argies, Rexs, Allos, and Wyvern eggs.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - single player - Ragnarok

Wanting a chance at the color event dinos, I decided to rent my own Nitrado server this morning. tried to copy my settings from my single player game, and got close, but not perfect, as both my character and the Wyvern I downloaded had a reduction in stats. But it has been fun seeing all the colored dinos. Only have gotten a blue piggy thus far, but haven't ventured out far. I had brought over building material from my single player, so I could make a starter base and taming area quickly. Thank goodness I also brought over 3 Behemoth gates, as there is a 135 Giga right down the hill from my base. So I was able to use the behemoth gates and land formations to create a safe base area. As long as I don't agro the Giga, I should be ok. I will probably try to swap the rock Behemoths for Metal as soon as I can, just to be safe.

Can't wait until after work to try and tame up some more colored dinos. Hoping for high level Argies, Rexs, Allos, and Wyvern eggs.  

I cannot wait for tlc2 for us console pleebs!!!

I want that argy tlc and charging trike :) !!!! The countdown begins.. 1.5h until im freeeee

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, alaskangirly said:

I play because it's a fun game that I can work with a team or solo it. I love building and it has a few of my favorite dinos which I love riding and showing off. It passes the time I live in a very cold area of the world and going outside is just not for me till it comes spring summer and fall so playing ARK is something to do. I've always wanted a game like this so I am gald one is out. It does have it's ups and downs but for me it's worth it. 

I think you meant to post in the "Why do you play ark thread" :Jerbhi: