So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

18 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

The other thing about taming dino, even before you have the saddle for them, is that you can at least use them for mules & defense, PLUS they will start gaining XP, so you can level them up, even without riding them. 

For example, by the time I had leveled up to 38 to make the Ptera saddle, my low level Ptera I had tamed much earlier, was leveled up enough to support my weight already.

I do understand about trying to minimize your flyer use, but me personally ... I love flying to much. 

Im greatly reducing flyer use as kind of an experiment. I think heavy flyer use is what ends up causing me to  get bored and take breaks, lol. Seems like shortly after getting quetz/wyvren/ and even drakes to some extent, I end up taking a break a month or so after. Maybe because I way overuse them and gathering/taming becomes too easy mode, idk, lol. But this time around, Im going to try not to use anything bigger then an argent, I will tame a pair of quetz but mainly for kibble for mosa/giga. I'm not even going to install classic flyers like I usually do.

Had another short play time today. While the wife gathered wall materials I built 6 medium crop plots and a compost bin. 4 for advanced crops, 1 for narco and 1 for stim. The narco and stim ones will be swapped to advanced once we get a trike. I put the crops right on the water for now to save time running pipe all the way to our base. Eventually Im going to build a large greenhouse with s+ glass. I only had enough time to gather enough poop to fertilize the stimberry crop though.

While I was messing with crop stuff I came across a lvl 15 female dilo so I quickly tamed her. Then I came across a lvl 7 male. Boled it, started hitting it with a club, and get sneak attacked by another dilo and my raptor attacks it, and the lvl 7 gets killed in the cross fire. Oh well, lol. Im going to try to get a half a dozen females and 1 male before the weekend so I will hopefully have enough eggs for kibble to tame an anklo and doed. 

And that was about all the time I had. We got about 50% of the wall 2 high. I hope to have it atleast 3 high by Saturday and get it 4 high once we have a doed

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Im greatly reducing flyer use as kind of an experiment. I think heavy flyer use is what ends up causing me to  get bored and take breaks, lol. Seems like shortly after getting quetz/wyvren/ and even drakes to some extent, I end up taking a break a month or so after. Maybe because I way overuse them and gathering/taming becomes too easy mode, idk, lol. But this time around, Im going to try not to use anything bigger then an argent, I will tame a pair of quetz but mainly for kibble for mosa/giga. I'm not even going to install classic flyers like I usually do.

Had another short play time today. While the wife gathered wall materials I built 6 medium crop plots and a compost bin. 4 for advanced crops, 1 for narco and 1 for stim. The narco and stim ones will be swapped to advanced once we get a trike. I put the crops right on the water for now to save time running pipe all the way to our base. Eventually Im going to build a large greenhouse with s+ glass. I only had enough time to gather enough poop to fertilize the stimberry crop though.

While I was messing with crop stuff I came across a lvl 15 female dilo so I quickly tamed her. Then I came across a lvl 7 male. Boled it, started hitting it with a club, and get sneak attacked by another dilo and my raptor attacks it, and the lvl 7 gets killed in the cross fire. Oh well, lol. Im going to try to get a half a dozen females and 1 male before the weekend so I will hopefully have enough eggs for kibble to tame an anklo and doed. 

And that was about all the time I had. We got about 50% of the wall 2 high. I hope to have it atleast 3 high by Saturday and get it 4 high once we have a doed

You just described my exact sentiment with fliers! Every time whether its official or unofficial, SP or what else.. as soon as I get a quetz i get bored. Funny thing is, i put so much effort and planning into getting the quetz.. then get bored.  For example, i tamed that 145 quetz.. couldnt help it! With griffins theyre sooo easy now. Now im thinking of building a platform (after farming desert drops for a premadr asc platform saddle :) ) and even just the thought puts that "meh .." train of thought in my head which leads to me getting bored. Every time.

In Ab i had a blast running around on foot, even with gliders felt natural. As soon as I got a drake, got another and got bored. I know for sure my next play will be no fliers on the island. I think I have to tell myself no fliers, otherwise I feel like I get the same routine every time, farm, get quetz, ezmode. Problem is.. the game is totally different once you aquire one! So many possibilities open up for transport, taming and farming. I will need this if I plan to stick on my.path of getting to SP endgame! 

Meh i dont know. I did it to myself again. I have a problem where i get into my own head too much and do this. Help! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another short but productive day. Continued gathering for the wall and got most of it 3 high. We also tamed a couple parasaurs. Both males, 1 level 45 and one level 127 (pre tame) but at this point we wanted pack mules and something to gather thatch/ berries a little faster.  This was my first time using them since the changes and I'm pretty impressed with them. The enemy detection is going to be very nice at this early stage of the game, especially while taming.

We also got a little bit of metal and were able to craft some crossbows so its looking good for a weekend of taming. We also had enough fertilizer to plant citronal and rockarrot in preparation for making dilo and dodo egg kibble. 

Here is another base screen shot

y4mBTg2_0N3eZWVeQnvi1BL_ZjNJRc-5XfbIroKm

And for a trip down memory lane I found this screen shot of our 1st ever base in ark on the Island, the end of our 1st day ever playing, back in 2015

y4m0ARCoRQQtRzdZFQIkO0GYel9VVYFrzuWMPRoU

And this was a week later. We had everything 1x back then, when 1x was actually 1x and there wasn't a doed to gather stone. I don't want to know how many hours we spent gathering all the stone and wood by hand for those b-gates, lol. Im pretty sure we used stone tools too because we didn't know any better

y4mOdaH4kLK_n8fJtsV8rvRSmEEUSNMMsVvkQHh0

• Like 3

This week in Ark

It was at times a trying week but i think it was because i was a bit ill so the grind part was annoying me. i felt a bunch better yesterday and the grind part was enjoyable. Lol. lot of good stuff happened though. 

Tames;

So I decided not to do Megatheriums. I was knocking them out and I suddenly realized they are primarily used for the Alpha Broodmother but I've already done the Alpha Broodmother. It's a not a fight we'd continuously farm when the Monkey gives more element and is easier so I decided to put that project away and have changed directions to something fun and easy. Megaloceros. 

Megaloceros have a lot of attributes that people don't realize. Good for both caves and the Dragon boss and maybe even the Ragnarok fight. They have a higher base hp than sabers, base damage in line with sabers, ravagers, allo's, and wolves. Easily obtainable high end saddles (i have a 100.2). Veggie cake heal. They also are real good to cut down onyc's and dimoprh's before they get to you. 

I began the hunt this weekend and have walked away with a few decent stats. 2620 hp, 1372 stamina, 378 melee. I'll keep looking around for higher stats (know I can find a better stamina as that pre-tame stamina was 1148 so I only got 8 levels added) and want a high weight stat (currently sit at 347). 

Still it's a nice start. I am going to have to invest in some more dimorph kibble though. 

Otherwise I didn't tame too much of anything. I knocked out a few dino's here and there but wanted to keep my focus on the deer. 

Raises;

Some big successes here this week. 

Some humor too. A couple posts back I said I need to avoid the distractions that are tapes.Ii had 2 tapes at that moment. 6 tapes later with 2 eggs to hatch, I am weak. lol. 

I was gifted a tape egg in a trade so I hatched it. What a beauty. 3.1k hp, 434 melee at hatch. The event tape I knocked out has 675 base stamina and I have my first tape which has 3.1k hp and 525 base weight. I'ma have a bad Tappy when it's all together. 

Hatched several Yuty, Quetz, Theri, and Argy eggs. 

None of the Yuty's got a combo or stat I was looking for.

Two of the Theri's got a stat combination. They now sit at 9.2k hp, 1710 stamina, 408 melee. They were at 67% this morning.

I finally got a mutation on the Argy's but it was health. 4161 hp. I decided to keep him, raise him, and then put him off to the side since I do want to mutate hp eventually. I won't keep any other hp mutations though. Still nothing on weight. 

My biggest success was in the forms of Quetzal though. 3 different mutations. 2 were food mutations but came with color.

5acf5f9d4e650_Quetzgreenbeak.thumb.jpg.108dc770e97485dab3df4c4ed254f430.jpg

5acf5f9fae307_Quetzorangemohawk.thumb.jpg.bc448eea63706afd5dfe45613ca3816b.jpg

The last was that weight mutation I've been yearning for. 

5acf5f9789b2c_1680wtmute.thumb.jpg.237f48a5a1e2028e0a1d7939f17aea8c.jpg

1680 from 1648. Female so a bit more breeding when she is done to get it to a male so I can make him my new main breeder. I was very excited to get that. The goal to 2k hatch weight is now one mutation closer. The entire line only has that 1 mutation too so got quite a few open spots yet. 

The Quetzal's were at 49% when I came to work today. 

Boss fights;

We decided to a double header. We'd been lax on the fights a little so my allies were in desperate need of element. 

One ally loss 2 Rex's and our Yuty took a beating but overall it wasn't bad fights. The technique is sound as long as they can get their Rex's moving and out of that first fireball's way. My tank Rex's can easily handle the Golem's for the duration as they never lose more than 10k hp

I just need to get the guys on board with the Theri's and I think we'll end the fight even faster. 

270 element from the two fights so I finally decided to play a little. 

I built two teleporters, a forcefield, a generator, and a vac compartment moonpool. That last one has little purpose other than to have, lol. 

I still need to make some tek behemoths. 

The teleporter's are amazing. I can teleport to my allies bases and them to mine if set to public. I can bring people with who don't even have the tekgram if allied at least (have to try it with a non allied person). I set one up at the obsidian island base and placed a forge next to the one at the home base. I can now overload my anky using the weight wyv/quetz and then teleport back to my home base and drop the metal right in that forge which is right next to the tek replicator and some vaults instead of transporting back a ton of ingots. 

My allies each put one at their bases and one out at my allies desert metal base. 

My favorite tek item to date. 

On the docket;

I plan on continuing to hatch and look for color combo's/stat mutes on the Yuty's. Stat mutes on the Quetzal and Argy's. Continue hunting for the best non mutated base stats on Megaloceros', and I'm sure run some more boss fights. I am going to try and plead with my allies to finally face the lava golem too. I have 150 rockets that need to explode. 

Until next week. 

• Like 6

@yekrucifixion187  Good luck with your new Elk hunting, taming and breeding addiction. Hope you get some good ones stats and colors.

I can understand your tapejara addiction as well.  I have been passing up on this 130 Quetz that keeps flying around my main base.  I already have 3 Level 130 Quetz, so I really don't need anymore, plus I have found I am using my Weight Wyverns most of the time, because they are so much faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@yekrucifixion187 great weight and hp on those quetz!! My 145 tamed out with 7.5k hp and 1610? Weight. Im guessing the weight is pretty good (didnt check points) Awesome work man! Deer.. i was always an advocate but didjlnt know the points on their comparison of stats!

Only got to play one day this week, was pretty uneventful. Been working towards a forge but been putting it off due to not wanting tk get burnt out, banged that out the other night. Burnt some charcoal and had enough poly and oil leftover for a few vaults.

Made up some taming pens, Hatched 3 rex eggs, nothing special. Terribad hp (6k, 8.8k is my max) Got an imprint and went to bed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PS4 - Single Player - The Island

Been getting sick, so went to bed super early last night. But did play for a little bit.

Ground out and built a taming pen near the swamp at the other end of the peninsula my main base is at. Then starting taming up a Frog army last night.  Tamed up 5, plus I tamed a female Dimorph as well, and another decent level Raptor.  

• Like 1

Started out this morning trying to tame a couple of pegos. They took a few bunches of mejos then bugged out and took off into the ocean never to be seen again, lol. Next I tamed a pair of dodos as well as a male dilo.

Then we continued to gather stone wood and thatch. The wall is finished but a taming pen is next on the to do list. As we were gathering, the wife noticed an alpha raptor not far from base. I dumped all my gear off  and was going to suicide kite it away, but it had wandered far enough away from base that Im not too worried about it now. But Ill be keeping an eye out for sure.

Finished off the morning by taming a lvl 7 male ptera. Not sure why, we cant make the saddle yet and a lvl 7 ptera is pretty useless, lol. Im sure ill tame a much better one by the time we can make the saddle too

We are looking forward to a weekend of taming. Both to get gathering dinos and decent combat dinos so we can actually fight alphas instead of kiting them away

• Like 1

Last night I continued to tame up a frog army. ended up with 9,  plus grabbed 4 female Dimorphs so I can start breeding them.

With the settings low, grinding out Cementing paste is well ... a grind. So I thought I would try something different with my froggies. I built a raft and made a huge enclosure on it made of wood railings. I then dropped all my frogs into it, and put them on aggressive.  I then put my best Argy on follow and I started driving the raft to the swamp. My thinking was that I would kill something with the Argy, leave its body near the raft, and when the dragonflies come in, the frog army would eat them up.

Well before I even made it to my spot in the swamp, my Argy got aggro'd and started flying around like a crazy bird. It then somehow proceeded to glitch thru the raft enclosure. Not too bad I thought, but then I noticed he somehow managed to push 4 of the frogs thru with him.  (Remember that I put the frogs on aggressive.) So they went apecrap crazy and took off in all directions. I tried to wrangle them up, but that meant going in the water. So I see one, and am trying to get close enough to whistle, when piranhas attack, and I get out of the water with about 50 HP... I mean I was nearly dead. So I quickly go thru all the cooked meat and berries I had on me in order to heal. So I grab some resources and make a couple of fires. I then grab some meat and start cooking it, only to be attacked by a unseen boa, that destroys one fireplace, and knocks me out and then kills me. Luckily I was right next to the raft and had already put a bed on it. , The frogs still in the enclosure managed to kill the snake. I respawned and noticed that my Argy (who was on neutral)  is NOWHERE to be seen. I check the tribe log, and no deaths. So I spent the next 1/2 hour getting the lose frogs back, and then I take the whole group back to base. I then grab my 2nd best Argy and go out looking for the first one. 

Well after an hour or so of no luck, but a lot of near deaths thanks to Kapro, Carnos, boas, etc. I finally give up, and figure I will stumble upon him in the weeks to come. I then head back to camp where I had been stock piling resources for the last week. I use all that up plus grind some more, to create a huge stone enclosure on a small island in the swamp not far from the red OB and the Redwoods. I then leadr all the froggies into the enclosure, and once again set them on aggressive.

I then decided to look again for my lost Argy. After about a 1/2 hour I fly back to the frog tank, and check to see if I have any cementing paste. Sure enough I was lucky, and a few of the frogs had CP in them, plus some hide. Once I am done checking the frogs, I went to get on my Argy. Only to discover that this one had disappeared too!  DILO  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Damnit WC. I had landed my Argy inside the enclosure. How does it just disappear? (and no, it wasn't on follow) So I had to run/swim all the way back to my base nearly dying 2 times, and even had to eat the boa egg and hesperonis egg I collected on the way, just to stay alive. :(   I finally made it back to base, but mad about the two missing Argies, so I logged off for the night.

I normally cheat and spawn in tracker nodes just for this reason. My rational is that the games glitches and causes your flying tames to take off, so I'm ok with spawning in the nodes to track them down. But I forgot to do so, and now I out my top two Argies! :Jerbmad:

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

@AushegunSorry about you argies. Not sure this is still a thing, but have you checked 50lat/50long? A few years ago we lost a ptera once. We were on a quetz chasing another quetz and my brother some how tranqed my ptera that was on the platform and it fell off. Searched around for hours and gave up. A few weeks later I saw a post about people finding missing dinos at 50/50 so I decided to check it out. And sure enough he was there, half starved but alive. We lost him miles away from 50/50 too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

@AushegunSorry about you argies. Not sure this is still a thing, but have you checked 50lat/50long? A few years ago we lost a ptera once. We were on a quetz chasing another quetz and my brother some how tranqed my ptera that was on the platform and it fell off. Searched around for hours and gave up. A few weeks later I saw a post about people finding missing dinos at 50/50 so I decided to check it out. And sure enough he was there, half starved but alive. We lost him miles away from 50/50 too

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.  I know that sometimes when you are underwater and get attacked, a nearby flyer may take off to parts unknown. Which might have occurred for the first Argy, but the second time, I wasn't in the water, and I didn't get attacked. I'm wondering if the Argy itself got attacked, and flew off defending itself, but ended up in a galaxy far, far away.

I think I already have a GPS thanks to a drop, so I will try 50/50 tonight. Otherwise, I will be off to the mountains again, to tame up some more high level (well for my current settings anything over level 20) Argies, then breed them and put some eggs into the preserving bins.  At this low setting, I don't know if grinding out the resources to build electrical stuff is worth it.  We'll see what I decide to do. 

oh yeah, I also tamed up a Kapro and another Raptor that tried attacking me when in the swamp. And I tried taming up a high level raptor, but my dimorph  killed it while I was trying to tranq it. But man, going out hunting with a flock of Dimorphs is fun.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.  I know that sometimes when you are underwater and get attacked, a nearby flyer may take off to parts unknown. Which might have occurred for the first Argy, but the second time, I wasn't in the water, and I didn't get attacked. I'm wondering if the Argy itself got attacked, and flew off defending itself, but ended up in a galaxy far, far away.

I think I already have a GPS thanks to a drop, so I will try 50/50 tonight. Otherwise, I will be off to the mountains again, to tame up some more high level (well for my current settings anything over level 20) Argies, then breed them and put some eggs into the preserving bins.  At this low setting, I don't know if grinding out the resources to build electrical stuff is worth it.  We'll see what I decide to do. 

oh yeah, I also tamed up a Kapro and another Raptor that tried attacking me when in the swamp. And I tried taming up a high level raptor, but my dimorph  killed it while I was trying to tranq it. But man, going out hunting with a flock of Dimorphs is fun.

I think maybe the argy flew off cause the frogs were under attack, dont know exactly how the water glitch works..

Dimorphs are awesome :) Ill usuallu breed a flock aswell. A good melee one on your shoulder, on a frog (or bary, raptor, saber) will attack anything you can melee with those dinos, double damage :) ! Also great for swamp cave, it kills the flies that go above ur head (and kills them quick!) 

My favorite thing is 15 dimorphs, bred imprinted (for speed bonus) level 150~ speed and rest hp melee, go out with em on attack my target, crossbow or gun. Sooo fun

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I think maybe the argy flew off cause the frogs were under attack, dont know exactly how the water glitch works..

Dimorphs are awesome :) Ill usuallu breed a flock aswell. A good melee one on your shoulder, on a frog (or bary, raptor, saber) will attack anything you can melee with those dinos, double damage :) ! Also great for swamp cave, it kills the flies that go above ur head (and kills them quick!) 

My favorite thing is 15 dimorphs, bred imprinted (for speed bonus) level 150~ speed and rest hp melee, go out with em on attack my target, crossbow or gun. Sooo fun

I may have to adjust my hunting plans tonight lol I want some better ones to replace my 150 pair.   

On a recon flight the other day of which I'll write about later, I scoped out the giga market in the highlands as I've had stasis starvation bugs occur on my breeding pair. Sad days those were. Anyway ran into 3 of them across the highlands. I killed the other 2 to promote more spawns as I'm looking for at least lvl 270..then I ran across this babe. ????

cd91cc1e-9ed5-4097-8954-70e0319030fc.PNG

• Like 2

Last night I went out looking for the Quetz I had spotted earlier in the week. I flew around about 80% of the map, and never saw the Quetz. So I then focused on replacing my two Argies that disappeared the night before. Ended up taming a level 28 male which is one of the highest I have seen on this map. But the highest was a level 32 female. I got her all bloodied TWICE, and had to let her go away, as I didn't want to kill her. Then the third time as I switched to a less powerful bow, I finally dropped her, only to have her fall right in front of a level 20 Rex, that came charging out of the woods. So that was a lot of wasted time.

I then flew back to camp with the new male, and switched over to the Spino and took out 9 dimorphs. We shredded most anything we came across, except we avoided the Alpha Rex and Carno we saw. However, on the way back just 100 yards from the base was ............

A UNICORN!  I had NEVER seen a unicorn before, and have been looking for one ever since they came out.  Well, I wasn't about to let this opportunity get away, so yeah, I cheated and forcetamed the thing. 

Got the Unicorn (named Eternity) back and positioned safely in the center of the base. 

I then checked on the frogs in their tank enclosure, and found one glitched into the floor, and another had escaped and was running around killing everything.  Finally got her back to the tank, and after a little demolishing; got the other unglitched.

Finished up the night by taming a Oviraptor (holy cow it ate so many eggs!!!) as well as a Shark that got too close when I was harvesting some oil in the ocean.

Watched another old NEEBS GAMING video and saw a cave on the Island that I had never discovered on my own. So I think I will log onto that map today and spend some time.

• Like 6

We didnt get as much done today as I wanted to, but It was still productive all the same. Started by gathering mats to build a taming pen. As we were gathering that pesky Alpha raptor was getting close again. Decided to suicide run it off a cliff. So i stripped down to nothing but a parachute. Grabbed agro but didnt make it off the cliff before dieing. Respawned grabbed agro, and he knocked me off the cliff and followed. I died and respawned again, noticed he was busy eating my body so I crafted 50 arrows so I shot him from the top of the cliff and killed him :D. Gained 3 levels and he dropped an 140% damage blue xbow...score.

After that excitment we continued gathering taming pen stuff and tamed a 130ish female parasaur while we were at it. Built the pen near a 157 male trike on the beach and tamed him (233 after tame) 

As he was taming we did more gathering. After he finished we decided to go look for a 2nd "good" raptor. Spotted a 150 female trike instead, but near a 52 thezio. So i decided to take the new trike for a spin and he killed the thezio with ease. We then cleared some land near the 150 trike and moved our taming pen near it and knocked it out.

Did more gathering while it tamed. Once it was almost finished taming I brought the saddle to it on foot. At this point it was dark...extremely dark. As Im in the pen 2 raptors appear, a lvl 30 and a 225 female. I wanted the 225. I call my wife over and she comes on our 33 raptor, gets dismounted and pinned and our raptor dies but she gets away. The raptors keep trying to get me, and I manage to bola the 225 in the doorway. I start pelting it with tranqs in the head but dont down it in time and it runs off. The trikes at 99% and the lvl 30 raptor manages to attack it through the pen, dropping the taming efficiency down to 50% just as It finishes taming. I was pissed, I mount the trike and kill the raptor. Now the the trike is useless as a mount but atleast we can breed with it and hope it gets the males stats.

In all the excitement I almost forgot about the 225 raptor. It was getting light out so I call the wife over on a parasaur to "track" it. She spots it not too far off, I bola it, we both pelt it with tranqs and knock it out. And thanks to a nearby diplo got enough prime to tame it. It was 333 after tame. 

And that was it for the day. We may play later tonight. We still want to get an anklo and doed. Also an argent or 2 if we have time. And we really want to find a good pair of carnos so we have a better combat dino then the raptors. What we dont finish today we will do tomorrow

• Like 3

Got on a little bit last night, managed to start out with some imprints, got lucky with walks and a kibble i had. The 2nd set i was only able to imprint one, need a damn kibble farm. 

Tamed a pair of gallimus and pachys, going to tame more eggers today. Between tames i went out and gathered more crystal, obsidian and a few pearls im working towards a chem bench now that my forge is going! 

After everything was tamed headed out with my weight griffin to cross the map gathering more obs and most important some pearls! Hit up the canyon, got some.pearls and some oil from my pump, it doesnt seem to produce unless i have it rendered.. so sat near it for a bit until dusk then flew off to pelagornis bay. Got a few hundred pearls and looped back to my old base near beaver paradise, stole some beavers life savings, almost died to seven thousand beavers and flew up to the old base. Theres a bunch of metal.around so I made trips doing a little farming with that nice asc pick. Loaded up my old weight argy and took off back home with it following me.

Got back threw it all in the forge, made some electronics and went to bed. Works been brutal, needed that sleep! Back at it today, already have a good amount accomplished :) 

Good luck on your adventures fellow arkerinos! Till next time

• Like 4

Got on for a little bit tonight. Pretty much just kibble tamed 2 pteras, a level 147 pre tame and 187 pre tame both males. Found a doed but it was too close to a pack of allos so we passed.Tomorrow we are going to hunt for doeds and carnos

Been experiencing something odd. Our raptors will sometimes flee if we are dismounted mid combat, like they are on passive flee, but when you catch up to them they are still on neutral. Happend twice today. Once i was dismounted by a sarco. Killed it then spent 20 minutes looking for my raptor. Then again a little later after a raptor dismounted me. Anyone else getting this?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Got on for a little bit tonight. Pretty much just kibble tamed 2 pteras, a level 147 pre tame and 187 pre tame both males. Found a doed but it was too close to a pack of allos so we passed.Tomorrow we are going to hunt for doeds and carnos

Been experiencing something odd. Our raptors will sometimes flee if we are dismounted mid combat, like they are on passive flee, but when you catch up to them they are still on neutral. Happend twice today. Once i was dismounted by a sarco. Killed it then spent 20 minutes looking for my raptor. Then again a little later after a raptor dismounted me. Anyone else getting this?

Just been getting this with my wyvern. 

Was up in the murder snow under the Ice with an anky collecting crystal. Literally about it

I was frustrated with my singleplayer save on the Island (just started playing last week) because there were some spawn issues (or its just how it is... in the snow there were like Yutys only, redwood was swarmed with Pteras and nothing else...) so I decided to first have a look on Ragnarok map that finished downloading while I was googling how to get anthing else but yutys and pteras to spawn and then fix that poop...

Long story short I am now Lvl 60 on RAG and still amazed how much better this map looks... on island u have jungle, gras, snow, beach, swamp, mountain and the redwood and every one of these has always the same feeling about it and the same spawns. RAG is not only bigger but also has much more divere landscapes so far, textures look better, plants look better and there are less dinos per square inch which feels better and makes Pteras more useful (on Island I only used argys, AKA flying carnos, because u had to forcefully clear every landing spot).

I just settled in for now (metal at the beach because why not) just where I spawned, got lucky with my first tames (lvl 200 something Trike, two mateboosted raptors and a Ptera of about the same level), bred the raptors (lucky again: twins). Hopped on my Ptera as soon as I hit lvl 39 and went looking for some crystal for the spy and water glasses... got lost in the amazing landscapes, barely escaped some wyverns, found crystals and went back to base. I have now upgraded to stone tools and flak armor. next step is to look for an anky (found some on a nearby hill) and doedi (no idea were to find those, but this time I will not google anything location related... thats what Pteras are for) and maybe tame an argy if I happen to run into a lone one at lvl 100+. got distracted by a lvl 85 therizinosaur close to my base. not rly sure what to do with it... highest theri I ever found in my Island game was lvl 20 and taming him was a real pain in the anus, even with single player settings. but I am not realy sure if my raptors can handle it... I did lose some raptors to single digit lvl theris on island. maybe I try to trap it in a 2x2 box and deal with it later.

• Like 2