So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

On 14/03/2018 at 11:20 AM, Cymas said:

It's not so much the melodrama, it's the rates...I work full time and have a longer than average commute, even with the change to imprints it is 100% impossible for me to raise anything during the week; I have to clear my weekend for breeding, which means cutting into time with my boyfriend/friends. 8 hour timer is fine if you work from home, but when you're gone for 10+ hours of the day not so much...a 12 hour timer would be perfect really. Once in the morning, once at night, I can swing that. Some of us filthy unofficial casuals just want to have a healthy work-life-Ark balance, you know?

Sorry Cymas, my post wasnt meant to antagonise you, I was purely happy to see you back on official.

I love reading peoples stories, finding out any new stats they have managed to breed out, or looking at the design of a beautifully crafted building they have designed. I will be honest and say I lose a little interest when people tell me they have a Rex with 1000 melee because they have their rates turned up on an unofficial server with practically instant tame times. However, I do appreciate we all want a balance of play and homelife so I dont take anything away from those players, hell, I may even try one one day :)

Anyway, back to our point. I thought I would feed my dinos last night as I couldnt remember if I had done it at the weekend. 420 dinos, over 4 buildings took me over 90 minutes to feed them all with berries, meat and fish. I pray fro 2x this weekend haha

Other than that, I bred a few eggs and got the timers down. I dont tend to tame/hatch in the week as I just dont get time - raising is usually a weekend thing for me.

I wont be doing much tonight but tomorrow I will attempt to get a pair of Boss Rexes hatched and follow up on my Ptera bloodline cleansing.

PS4 - Ragnarok - Single Player

Last night I went out again and searched for the Giga, any giga. After probably an hour of checking every spawn area I knew of, I gave up, and returned to my Big Butte base, to grab my 224 tamed Allosaurus  and bring it over to my Wyvern trench base where I have nearly 20 Allos. 

I then built a pen, and put all of my allos that tamed up over level 200 into the pen. So that is 6 females and 2 males. I took those 6 eggs and hatched them, and ended up with 11 babies. I'll raise them up, and transfer them over to the Island map and start farming the bosses for element. I will also send a few Rexs with.

I also did a meat run, and as I flew near the trench, I spotted a 145 Rock Golem, wit ha Rex right next to him. I tried to get them to agro on each other, but no luck. So I flew off to raid some beaver dams. As i was raiding the 3rd beaver dam, I got a blue screen of death. After getting the game back and running, I spawn in to see that I have rolled back, and  I am right between the Golem  and the Rex, with my Wyvern hovering up above.  I try calling my Wyvern, but he never swings by close enough to grab him, and when I whistle him to stop, he just hovers in the air out of reach. (PLEASE ARK DEVS, make a whistle command to LAND) Frustrated and barely alive after escaping the Golem and Rex, I Admin "FLY" and go get my Wyvern.

I then farm the beaver dams again, and head back to base, where I feed and imprint the new Allo babies up until they all request various kibbles that i don't have eggs for.

By then I am exhausted, so I close it down for the night.

I've really not had much playing time recently. In all my recent sessions I've just had enough time to do very basic maintenance.  Log in, quick meat run, stock fridges and troughs, make sure plants have fertilizer,  grab the nearby metal, and set it in the forge and log off.  I can get the basics all done in under 20 mins.

I found an unofficial server of which was extremely fun due to the ability to download singleplayer dinos as long as they were below level 700 and not crazy stats PVE/ PVP it was an adventure I brought in my reapers griffins one of which who decided to drop 5 feet and lost 17k health killing it Hodric Griffindor will for ever be missed tamed kangaroo and started prepping for a baby dino

• Sad 1

Impromptu boss fight last night. I get home and my alliance members ask if i want to run one. 

I check my raises troughs and I love when dino's go adolescent. Only one trough (they are tek troughs) is empty despite 4 Quetzal's and a Yuty raising. That means i don't need to go on a meat run since I still have back up meat in the fridges. 

I tell them yeah I'll run. I ask if someone else can run a Yuty tonight as I want to introduce a Theri or two into the fight. one Theri was ready. 21k hp, 700+ melee but the other Theri was at 21k hp with 691 melee. I ran it around the preserve a little but didn't get enough xp for another level. I did run a Rex around that was on the brink and got him a level to get him to 700+ melee. So I sat the Cyan 414 melee lady out of this fight and brought in the Theri and the new Rex. 

No losses in the fight, but quite a few dino's beat up. Tank Rex's are definitely going to be needed for Alpha. No way these Rex's can fight those Golem's and survive. The rag fight takes a certain skill set the other fights lack so i do appreciate them. Dragon did get my Theri down to about 1/2 hp when i was right underneath it but I was able to back out, force feed it one cake and then pop back in and got the kill. So much more maneuverability on a Theri. i did get blasted by a dimorph once, all the rex's were on passive at the time so a quick neutral whistle ended that but then you need to remember to whistle passive again once the Golem's pop up else they will go after them and that's how they get stuck and beat up on them. It's a back and forth with that because you're whistling attack target when the mantiocre lands then backing out and patrolling the edge of the arena waiting for the manticore to land again. Riding a Theri's biggest draw back i can see is more likely to get hit by Dimorph's (may need to up my armor. I run high end Ghillie right now but maybe some of my riot gear with a calien soup is a better idea. i'll test it in a fight) and i don't feel particularly safe jumping off to shoot the manticore between his devestating torpor attack, a griffin hitting me, or an errant rock throw. On the back of the rex, i feel since you stand on his back it probably suits you better to being able to remount. 

One of my rex's also got the manticore kill in this fight. 65 more element for the vault. I'll probably start making my own tek behemoth's soon to add to the flyer barn if we keep doing a few boss runs each week. Then down the road i think I may build an underwater base using the Vacuum compartments. 

After the fight I did a quick meat run just to top off the one trough that was empty. I loaded up some items for my island server including the Rex BP. I need to farm hide on that side. I loaded up some hide on Rag and that was a pain. Only enough slots for one saddle at a time. I also loaded up 3 more Rex's to take there. I think I'll take 15 total Rex's over there. I don't plan on running more than Beta monkey fight at most. That's good element and my Rex's have the stats and saddle to be able to handle that. 

I ended up calling it a bit of an early night (I am a marvel diehard and am trying to finish the new season of Jessica Jones which is my favorite Netflix series. Action goes to Daredevil, Brutality to Punisher, but Jessica Jones is by far the best storyline). 

I logged this morning mated the Yuty's (been slacking on mating and stockpiling eggs while raising and running fights), imprinted the Theri's which will finish up this morning (93%, suitable) and quetzal's, ran the desert drops (only 2 and only stuff for the grinder) then hopped to my island server to place a fert Anky egg in the fridge for my buddy over there. i forgot I left it in the argy last night so didn't want it spoiling (wasn't sure on spoilage time). 

Tonight I think 2x will be going when I get off work so meat grind, Argy mating, Argy hunting will be on the docket. I think I'll pop all the Argy eggs I have tomorrow after work and see if I get the final stat combination. If I do and it's a female it'll give me a chance, by hatching them tomorrow, to hatch the next set when she finishes up before I go back to work and try to get an all stat male to breed.

Then again, maybe they want to run another boss fight and I'm not going to say no to that. lol

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I ended up calling it a bit of an early night (I am a marvel diehard and am trying to finish the new season of Jessica Jones which is my favorite Netflix series. Action goes to Daredevil, Brutality to Punisher, but Jessica Jones is by far the best storyline). 

Interesting. I am not a comic book person, but I enjoy the marvel movies, and I have been seeing this Jessica Jones popping up on my NetFlix suggestions. I might have to give it a watch this weekend. 

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok

I was kind of bored last night, but I did not want to hatch/raise any dinos, so  I decided to check out the water near my Wyvern Trench base. I loaded up on tranq arrows, build 4 shark, 1 Plesi and 1 mosa saddles, then grabbed a sheep with my wyvern and flew over to the existing dock along the  water. I built a little base with bed, storage and space to hold a couple sheep. Then I took to the water.

I wasn't in the water for 15 seconds when I realize I am swimming right at a Tuso! so I quickly change course and I notice I have 2 Sharks coming at me. Using my ASC crossbow, I quickly knock them out. I then swim back to the dock, kill one of the sheep, and load up the sharks.

While waiting for them to tame up I do a bit more swimming , and notice a 130 Basil very close by, with about 15 mantas and a couple dolphins in tow. Finally once the Sharks tame up, I swim them back to the dock after first taking out a few low level sharks. I then jump on RED Hot the WYvern, and fly back to base to grab Dr. Porkenstein to use for quick healing the sharks.

I let him heal up the sharks, and then off we go. we take out the mantas, and after a bit, we get the Basil tamed out at level 194. While that was happening , another couple sharks came to close, so I tamed them up too. yada, yada, yada and a few hours later I have 5 sharks, 3 Basils and 1 Plesi tamed and saddled at the dock.  The plesi was only a level 50, and the 130 it was with seems to have disappeared. WE never saw a mosa, but we did kill two low level squids and a low level alpha shark. (It surprised us, and I could get everyone to de-aggro on it, so I chose to fight it.) It was close, and everyone was beat up bad, but no one died.  I then decided to get everyone back to the dock, and heal them up, as I called it a night.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Interesting. I am not a comic book person, but I enjoy the marvel movies, and I have been seeing this Jessica Jones popping up on my NetFlix suggestions. I might have to give it a watch this weekend. 

It's quite dark compared to other Marvel projects. It's a harrowing story that just happens to involve super powered individuals. As long as you can accept that these powers could exist I think you'd enjoy just for the story itself. 

• Thanks 1

I put an outpost at the Devourer Artifact on Ragnarok. 72 pillars to the bottom of the sea. :)

The support pillars around it aren't supporting. So I'm going to make another one but this time put the pillar in the middle of a stone foundation with surrounded by other connected foundation. Hopefully that will give me the support needed to expand the top 72 floors up. 

1521216649298.thumb.jpg.411e2d6b35029494f8d65e1be21764be.jpg

1521202801680.jpg

• Confused 1

On 3/15/2018 at 9:41 AM, Anarki said:

Sorry Cymas, my post wasnt meant to antagonise you, I was purely happy to see you back on official.

I love reading peoples stories, finding out any new stats they have managed to breed out, or looking at the design of a beautifully crafted building they have designed. I will be honest and say I lose a little interest when people tell me they have a Rex with 1000 melee because they have their rates turned up on an unofficial server with practically instant tame times. However, I do appreciate we all want a balance of play and homelife so I dont take anything away from those players, hell, I may even try one one day :)

Wasn't antagonized at all, just explaining my issue with the core gameplay. Honestly I don't like the rates turned up like crazy either and I've never been on a single unofficial that has "instant" taming. Most of them make it so kibble tames take maybe an hour max and mutton is actually a viable alternative so you don't need a massive kibble farm. Breeding does get turned way up, but that doesn't mean it takes any less effort to hunt down top tier animals, nor do we have any less trouble with stubborn RNG.

It does mean people who wouldn't otherwise be able to have a chance to participate in this very core aspect of the game without sacrificing other, more important things like sleep and family/social time. I once raised twin quetz on the original rates with my tribemate at the time--the only reason we managed it at all was because he lives in Germany and we each sacrificed half a night of sleep to work together and get them through that 18.5 hour baby stage. We immediately petitioned for (and got) higher rates on our unofficial because that was insane, and I ended up missing a big server event (it was the first Fear Evolved, we did a server wide Dodorex hunt) because of it. I'll never forget how grueling and thoroughly not fun that week was for us. That and the time I babysat an allied tribemate's baby quetz--he was supposed to come back after a few hours and he didn't, so I ended up staying up most of the night until his tribemate could get on and take over. I practically raised the thing myself, and it never even made it to adulthood. The server ended up wiping only a few months later due to an undocumented bug that took out half the server's tames when we tried a rate change. If I'm bitter about the time investment of official rates, it's not without cause.

The unofficial I'm on now has way higher rates than I like but I didn't pick the server, my tribemates' cousin did. High rate servers suffer issues of their own--mostly with server population and community. High rate servers have low population because this part is indeed easy mode, it takes a week to build up and since Tekgrams are unlocked on level up, no real reason to do bosses so there's just hunting and breeding. And very little community because there's no reason to talk to anyone else if you can get everything you ever need without even trying.

The official I've chosen is one of the new ones and honestly it reminds me a lot of the early days on my first unofficial, which kept near vanilla rates for most of its existence and was run/supported by a popular YTer so it had a consistently high population back then. Been a long time since I've seen a chat so busy, and I'm building up in the same territory I had back then too. It's actually rather nostalgic, even down to the grind lol. The unofficial started at x2 default rates, which were half what they are now and thus now the same.

That's not always a good thing, though. I'm in that annoying middle tier of progression where you're not a noob but don't have any good animals yet.

I started yesterday morning off with a taming spree. There was a level 90 stego in my yard when I logged in, I knew it was going to be a looooooong tame with berries even on x2 rates but felt it would be worth it so that's what I did. I made the most of my 2~ hours by also taming a trike and a pair of dodos. I also spent most of my time harvesting/collecting stones and making the stego saddle. By the time it stood up it was nearly encumbered with all the resources I had on it; the trike, too. It was a very low risk endeavor due to my location and well worth it.

As soon as we got home I used the resources I had collected to ignore my base and build a taming pen on my raft, which I had disassembled after moving to my territory. Loaded up the raptor and supplies and sailed out to carno point. I was dismayed to find someone had built foundations all over the place, but the spawn was still active. After some close calls with my raptor and a lot of kiting, I found what I was looking for--a low level doed. Got it into the pen and tamed it up and sailed home. Slapped a saddle on it and got to work. Built part of my base entrance, including the gate, but I dislike the inefficiency of having to harvest wood by hand. Need a mammoth. I also need a bigger carnivore, something that can consistently gather prime meat to bridge the gap before kibble. A carno would be decent, but I don't want to tame it on raw meat, so we sailed back to carno point for a saber.

Found one, got her in a pen, she killed me and due to the foundation spam I couldn't respawn on my raft. So I did a naked run to carno point. Who's a Bob now, eh? Got my stuff back, got the cat tamed, got her home and put a saddle on her. She died less than an hour later when we got caught in a mega swarm and she had no stamina and low hp after taking down a trike. Low level animals are trash, but even a low level cat is stronger than my midlevel raptor, just didn't have high enough HP. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I decided to go look for a mammoth instead, so out we went again. Found two perfect low level mammoths and got the raft over. This part is dicey because I don't have fur and even with my high fortitude I can't stay in the snow for too long, especially at night. Turned out to be a non issue as a yuty and a carno came in and ate both mammoths. The yuty got itself stuck in ice and was low enough level that I could have tamed it, but the issue of no consistent prime meat turned me away from attempting the tame. We sailed a little further on and found another mammoth...145. No thanks, not without kibble.

Sailed home, did some clean up and logged for the day.

Today's plan is another attempt at getting a mammoth. Depending on how successful I am I might also try for a carno and/or an argent. I usually skip pteras, I dislike how fragile they are and you need a high level one to be even slightly decent, which means kibble I don't have. Maybe an anky too but I'm not at the stage where I need a lot of metal and I need fur armor to do metal runs since I don't have a quetz to conveniently carry the anky around.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 9:55 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

It's quite dark compared to other Marvel projects. It's a harrowing story that just happens to involve super powered individuals. As long as you can accept that these powers could exist I think you'd enjoy just for the story itself. 

What did I do in ARK this pass weekend?   Well not as much as a normal weekend, because SOMEBODY ( @yekrucifixion187 ) strong-armed me into watching Jessica Jones on NetFlix over the weekend. And POOF there goes my weekend after binge watching like a dozen episodes! 

Spoiler

Pretty impressed with it thus far. I'm to the point where Killgrave just escaped from Simpson's safehouse after making his mother stab herself to death with the scissors.

Good storyline, and good action. But the "love scenes" in this series are some of the worst acted/choreographed I've ever seen. It's like watching the pool scene from Showgirls over and over again. Yuck.

I did manage to raise up 4 Level 200+ rex babies, and get some imprinting in, but then they all demanded some rare kibble that I did not have eggs for, so that sucked. Looks like I will need to go tame up some egg farm creatures. 

I also took my fleet of water dinos out for some leveling up, and to search for another Plesi and and mosa.  After searching for a really long time, I finally found a mosa, level 95, and began tranqing it. I brought my fleet to the surface, and put them on neutral, while I took one Shark and followed after the mosa. After a long, long chase, I finally ko's it right along a tall water mountain. I filled it with Mutton and narcotics, and began circling the area killing off any predators that might screw up the tame. Then I spotted a couple Plesis, that seemed to be spawn stuck in a huge rock on the bottom of the oceam. A level 55 and a level 130! So I start tranqing them, and they just sit there, so I swim closer and continue hitting them with arrows. Suddenly they both break loose from the rock. Instantly they are hitting me and my shark who is on passive, since I didn't want him to attack a dino I was tranqing. I manage to get enough arrows into them, that they turn and start to swim away. But not before destroying my scuba gear, and nearly killing both me and the shark. We race for the surface, and with my last choking gurgle, I emerge from from the watery depths and breath the much needed air. I chow some food to heal myself, and heal up the shark, and then switch to the back up scuba gear I had stored in the shark. 

Restored and ready to attack once more, we dive down and find one of the plesis (level 55)  swimming not far away. As we give chase, the 130 appears and attacks again. I change gears, and go after that one. Soon it lodges itself into the side of a underwater cliff, and and I figure I'm about to knock it out, when a whole Sharknado attacks us. Must have been 8-12 easy. We are fighting for our lives, and finally we kill off the last one. Thank Gawd I picked my highest HP shark to bring on this excursion, as he only had 600 HP left. Looking around, the 130 plesi is no where to be found. So after searching for him for a bit I remember about the mosa, and swim back to find him. We get back and it is at less than 200 Torpor, and I force feed him a couple stacks of narcotics. I mean he probably would have woken up in 30 more seconds! So learning my lesson, now I sit on the shark and we babysit the Mosa. (I have faster tame rates on my Single Player setting, but this is still taking a long time.)

Then out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a small pack of Megladons making there way toward us. Still beaten up from the last battle, I decide we need to Kite away, rather than fight this band of desperado sharks. So off we go, leading the baddies on a wild goose chase. After loosing them far enough away, We return to see the level 55 Plesi ahead of us. I start firing tranqs at it and off to the races we go, as it swims away. We give chase, and we are closing in, when my shark stops moving. That is when I notice he is out of stamina. So I jump off, and try to help him regain his strength. Power restored, we resume the chase, and that is when I see the yellow hit indicators up ahead. What dino of mine is getting attacked? Then I realize, the only thing over there is the Mosa I am trying to tame. Cursing aloud, we close the distance and as we round the corner of the cliff, I am expecting to see my mosa dead.But instead, she has sprung to life and is going on the attack herself. We join in, and we kill off the Damned Plesi. I then check out the Mosa. It appears I got over 90% tamed efficency, so not sure if the Plesi did any damage before the tame was over or not. 

I throw my pre-made Mosa saddle on her, and I lead her directly back to my dock/marina outpost. Immediately, I get Dr. Porkenstein to start healing up the Mosa and shark. While I wait for them to get in better health, I take Red Hot my Fire Wyvern and we got on a metal run for the outpost forge. We also craft up more narcotics and arrows. Then I remember that I left the rest of my aquatic fleet out in the ocean. So I jump on Red Hot, and we take to the air searching for my other dinos. Minutes pass, and I cannot find them. Time and time again, we grid search the map with no luck. Finally with the sun looming low on the horizon, I notice something sticking out of the water, as I get closer I see it is the head of one of my Basils and then the whole group comes into view. I hovered above them for a minute, trying to decide if I should swim them in, with the dragon on follow, or vice versa. I contemplate fitting each dino with a tracking node (Something l started doing for all flyers and water dinos months ago.) But I decided that we are not far from shore, and I will just get them back there and insert the nodes then.  I whistle All Follow, and take off towards the shore. Landing on the beach, I look back for my following dinos, but they are not there! Well Crap, this is no bueno, so Red Hot and I take to the air again trying to find the dinos. but now it is dark, and I hit the water and get dismounted 2-3 times by accident. Finally I fly back to shore, and wait till morning to resume the search. 

How could I have lost them again? What kind of idiot am I? Why didn't I tracking node them back when I found them FFS! As the sun rises, I once again look for the fleet, and after too much time has passed, I return to the base frustrated and tired. After a real life time out for some homemade spaghetti and Bai Coconut Pineapple water; I jump on the healed Mosa and off we go to give a last search for the missing water dinos. (I now realize I've written another novel for you all, so I will condense the remainder of my story)

- Get attacked by level 50 Mosa, kill it.

- try to tranq a level 130 Mosa, but it disappears after we run into 2 Squid and a freaking herd of sharks.

- finally we locate the missing dinos, I get them noded, and we all swim back to base.

- later near the Big Butte base I KO a level 140 male Spino, but it falls into deep water .... it drowns at  50% tamed. FML

-jump scared by Alpha raptor that spawned in while I was carrying a load of metal to the forge. I died, but got my revenge thanks to Red Hot.

EDIT: I just thought of something, and I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I just realized that my Plesi that was in my "lost" fleet, had a bed on its platform saddle, and I could have just fast traveled to it the whole time!!  :Jerbmad: Instead of wasting probably well over an hour looking for them.

Edited by Aushegun
added something
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I raised some yellow thylas. Put some baby thyla's in the cave to grow on SE. Raised some more thyla's and wolves that died because my tribemate didn't put meat in the trough on his watch. made some gates to expand my base because the guy next to me expires in 4 days (all his dinos's are already gone). Made some stuff for a giga egg trade and ran the cave a couple of times with they thyla's that already grew up in the cave 

I spent most of yesterday hatching Rex eggs looking for mutations and running the Caverns of Lost Faith, hoping to get a Rex saddle BP for my newest character.

Hatching Rex eggs: Most of it went Plop, Plop, Plop, (Placing eggs), Pop, Pop, Pop, (Hatching eggs), Followed by, "Um, your shoelaces are untied," Whomp, Whomp, Whomp. I did finally get another melee mutation, but it was the only mutated stat that came through on a female Rex. (Arrrgh!) I did get a couple of cool color mutations, but my Rex Base is suffering from overcrowding as it is. Oh, and I managed to get two Rexes with all stats and Food mutations.... Yep, we here at Chudz Inc. have been raising fatter dinosaurs since 2017.

Caverns of Lost Faith: My Basilo, Ariel (Yes, I R Cleever Nam3r), and I are currently playing tag with a level 90 Alpha Mosa in there. I'm just waiting for the day that it ends up pinning us and Nom! Nom! Nom! But for now, we've had several exciting chase sequences, which makes things more fun. I tried taking it out, but only have a primitive saddle, and things didn't look like Certain Victory to say the least, so we skeedaddled. Anyway, I got all sorts of good weapons and saddles for other dinosaurs, but no Rex BPs. Sigh!

• Like 1

This post is great thanks for creating it. This weekend I was farming for our first foray in a cave in Abberation. I just took out our bred spino to harvest polymer and I unloaded it and built my chem table. As I was playing I hear a commotion and the combat music comes on. I start to run outside but the dinos we have inside the base are blocking the doors. I run to a back one and see a message pop up that our spino killed an otter. I get out side and see it running across the yard it's not following or chasing anything and before I can whistle it runs over a cliff. I jumped on our crab and leap after it. I find it cowering in a corner not a Mark on it and lead it back up to the base. I renamed it Dum Dum. That night we explored the cave and it went very well so we decided to go down into the blue zone. We got seperated and we all died and lost all of our tames. Turns out we had jumped into the red zone. All though according to the tribe log Dum Dum didn't die. We havnt found her yet and presume she is gone but who knows maybe we will find her down there in the red. If that happens we may have to call her Lucky.

• Like 1

Tamed my first mammoth ever after 15 months of playing Ark. Level 150 which came out 224. I was always curious how it is at wood farming compared to my beloved beaver.

Surprisingly I saw several 130+ when I searched for only like 30 minutes. Knowing that I probably wouldn't find a single high lvl if I continued searching on the next day, I stayed up longer and tamed that 150.

Flew up into the snow biome with wyvern, waited until I can trap the mammoth between rocks and wyvern, placed 5 dino gates around it, knocked it out, put spike walls around it, got the slow ass quetz to carry it home, profit.

Edited by AdligerAdler
  • Like 1

It was a grind type of weekend trying to take full advantage of the extended 2x harvest. 

Tek troughs are amazing. Through the entire last raise (4 Quetzal, 1 yuty, 2 Argy, 5 Rex, 5 Theri) I basically cycled through two troughs for the meat eaters. I have 9 Tek troughs and so i filled all of them but really on replaced meat in the two preferred by the raises. That's 4000 meat but with leveling dino's and just daily excursions around the preserve it just naturally gets filled up. 

I hit the farming hard over the 2x, completed several trades, ran more boss fights, and did a few tames. 

Tames;

I dropped about 5 140+ Argy's over a 2 day period. I tamed 2 of them up to add to my stable of females (I have 7 right now). I decided to jump start that program. I took the 4k hp 768 weight male I just finished and he will be my new stud. He only has one mutation in his gene pool. One of the new tamed females ended up with 1300 stamina so that'll be a new stamina I breed in. I am going looking to maximize weight as I feel my other base stats while not the best on the market are pretty good (4015 hp, 1280 now 1300 stamina, 408 melee). So based on those prerequisites I will be keeping only a male that acquires both the weight and stamina or a male that gets a weight mutation. Then I'll replace him as my new stud. 

I tamed up a 145 male Quetzal. 41 points in oxygen pre-tame but at half cost and time I decided to tame it up anyway and see if RNG was favorable. Super easy to knock out with Griffins. It tamed out as a solid but non spectacular Quetzal (9.1k hp, 2k stam, 1312 weight). Oh and it's oxygen only went to 900 from 725. We'll keep him at the Redwood base and fly the Anky over there up to the crystal cave under the lake with him. 

I bypassed a few other dino's I probably would have tamed if I wasn't in farming mode. A 140 female Tape (low on Allo kibble anyway) and a 140 female Megatherium. Tapes are a distraction I just need to avoid to be honest, lol. Megatheriums are on the to do list but I'm not there yet. 

Farming:

This is a boring subject matter but I figure I'll touch on it. 

They have black pearl nodes like silica pearl nodes on Ragnarok so I was going to take the Basil's out and farm them then decided I was going to take the motorboat instead. Got geared up and took the boat out. Dove down and fought off manta's and sharks, then grabbed some black pearls, repeat. I noticed when I reached the end of the line i was right next to obsidian island so I popped over and took the Thorny and Anky train around the island and cleared that. I got enough metal that one Anky was still sitting at 1400 weight of metal on it when I left the island with the forge full and burning. Then I went back to the base and farmed the black pearl nodes which had respawned. think it took my 2 hours round trip. 600 black pearls and about 7500 ings. Not too shabby. other than that I hit crystal a few times out by our desert base. 2 small caverns with a healthy amount of crystal near by so i took the weight Wyvern over and farmed those 6 times during the event. 

I also took the weight Wyvern up to the charcoal trees at the volcano. he's got 2400 weight so gliding around wing flapping I got him to about 1700 weight of charcoal. I took the 1500 weight mantis around the river beds and just smashed up flint and stone (287 damage pick axes) and it really does make just about the right ratio for sparkpowder. ended up making about a vault and a half of gunpowder. 

Took that back to the main base and made some rockets as we continue to prep to take on the lava golem. I didn't have enough crystal as it was all out at the desert base though. I'll lug that over to the main base sometime this week though I do have a trade set up that should net me 6k crystal soon. 

Trades/Boss fights;

Shipped off the breeding pair of Quetzal's I just finished for two full Ragnarok artifact sets. Shipped off the other Quetzal for 6k advanced rifle ammo. 

Had an old trade buddy from legacy hit me up about quetzal eggs. We've done a few trades. I gave him a discount and sold him two eggs for 400 black pearls. Another guy that I traded a quetz egg too had misfortune (tribemate didn't get on to cover his shift so it died) so hit me up about another one. I was going to hold the rest of my eggs but decided to peel one off from him with the caveat that if it gets a stamina or weight mutation he lets me know so i can get a few eggs to try and breed it back into my line. I got 6 artifacts for that. 

That puts me at 120 artifacts. 5 of them full Ragnarok sets. 

I also ran a guy and his girlfriend who moved from our server through the beta rag fight. He mostly resides on SE now but maintains an outpost over on rag. He actually came onto server looking for Theri hp so i let him know what my Theri's were at. he has the same HP but 408 melee. I asked him what he would need for that melee. So we came to the beta fight run through for two eggs. They brought their own Rex and he also gave me a ton of his trophies and artifacts he had collected (SE has it's own trophies) since he had no need for them. i hosted that fight since I was getting the trade out of it and so my allies came a long to throw some additional melee and get some element. Good deal all around. 

The fight itself was a bit of a cluster. Manticore was being an extreme pain in the butt with doing fake landings. I got one Rex that got stuck on the Golem's and trying to make sure my two guests stayed safe (they have good stuff but first time fight) was a lot of extra stuff to work around. The fight was a little longer and we stilled finished with about 15 minutes left on the timer. So success. Not something i look to do a lot of though. The rex that got stuck on the Golem finished with 946 hp from 30k hp wearing a 104 armor saddle. Lol.

I had put a call out to improve on my Theri stats both here and on FB. One guy said he had 9.7k hp but was only rolling with 361 melee so I offered him a 1470 stamina, 396 melee egg for a 9.7k hp egg but I never heard back from him. 

Another girl had a wild tamed with 1710 stamina. We negotiated and I gave her two of my full stats eggs (one purple skin and one cyan skin with the red crown) for the full grown female. it helps me on two levels as it'll give me a stamina increase as well as give me an un-mutated female which is something I am looking for as well. She also has a cyan crown so she is going to work on getting a full cyan Theri. She also has decent Ravagers so I may have found a new trade partner for future projects. 

I also have a line on some 419 hatch melee. That is from the legacy trade partner I traded the Quetz eggs too. They are working on getting it guaranteed. 

I have a few additional trades set up for some crystal. 

We did run another boss fight as well but again only beta. 

Leveling;

I got my new melee Rex's (20k hp, 860+ melee) and tank Rex's leveled (40k hp, 600+ melee) as well as a few of my regular rex's (30k hp, 700+ melee) and 5 of the 7 Theri's (21k hp, 700+ melee). I used a combo of killing Wyvern's and when my tribe mate was on running grinders/making narcotics. He needs 4 more levels to get to 90 so he can run Alpha anyway. He is a really good Yuty driver. Definitely want him around for that. All the rex's are leveled to about 15k xp when they reach the stats i am looking for so a lot more growth to be had. 

The plan is to run the scenario through the gamma fight to get actions down and then test it on beta to determine how the Rex's and/or Theri's fair and if that looks good then we'll employ it against Alpha. 

As of right now The plan is to ride a tank Rex and have the other with me as well. 111 and 108 saddles on them. The melee Rex's have two 116 saddles and a 112 saddle. I will unclaim them and one normal Rex to my allies to command. 

Send in everybody but the tank Rex's onto the Dragon. I'll keep the tank Rex's on the outskirt and mostly focus on killing dimorph's and ptera's and if able adding additional dps with an assault rifle. Once dragon is down, I'll work on Manticore until Griffins pop (think I may run 400+ armor, 500 durability riot gear for the alpha fight) and the Golem's. Then I am going to eat rare flowers and pull all the Golem's to me and my mate boosted tanks, while the rest of the team takes down the Manticore. 

In my mind it seems clean so we'll have to see it in action. 

On the docket:

A lot of hatching as I turn on my Yuty, Argy, and Quetzal projects. Maybe do a few Theri's too as I try to get that new stam on the current line. Definitely more boss fights and probably a few smaller trades. 

Until next week. 

• Like 1

I havent played as much ARK this week, just logged in to refresh things and then to breed a few eggs ready for this weekend. 

I have managed to borrow a rex with 2400 stam to add to my current 12.5k hp and 465 melee so this should now give me breedable babies over 300 at birth with a clean side on the maternal mut counter.

Other than that, feed them and breed them for the next few days until the weekend.

once again I see @yekrucifixion187  with another boring weekend. 9_9 This guy does more in one ARK weekend, then I do in 6 months!  If I ever go back to PvE, I am going to have to beg and plead to for him to allow me in his tribe/alliance.

I was not aware of the black pearl opportunity on RAG, other than Tuso/lobster farming.  So after a bit of googling, I think I found the spot on the map he was talking about.  Going to give that a shot this weekend.

20 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

once again I see @yekrucifixion187  with another boring weekend. 9_9 This guy does more in one ARK weekend, then I do in 6 months!  If I ever go back to PvE, I am going to have to beg and plead to for him to allow me in his tribe/alliance.

I was not aware of the black pearl opportunity on RAG, other than Tuso/lobster farming.  So after a bit of googling, I think I found the spot on the map he was talking about.  Going to give that a shot this weekend.

Lol. I have no healthy social life though. Don't be me. Be better. xD

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

At my age, no one has a social life .... either too busy with work, or too busy with kids.  But that is why I love the single player option of ARK.  If work gets in the way, or when my seasonal hobbies take center stage, I don't need to worry about my hard work in ARK getting pego'd.

no life.jpg

Edited by Aushegun
bad spelling or typing or maybe I need new glasses?
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Of course the first image in my head was this.

And before you think I'm picking on you, I will straight up admit that this is my avatar in Battlefield 4, and partially hits too close to home.  (goes and cries in corner)

SouthPark Computer Guy.png

I'm a solo player and went to 198 island with just a club to PvP and troll. Met a friend after knocking him out and we teamed up. We ended up getting the alphas attention and challenged them at red ob. They pulled up on 3 wyvs and we ended up flame arrowing the ice wyv to death. My first wyv kill [emoji3]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

Of course the first image in my head was this.

And before you think I'm picking on you, I will straight up admit that this is my avatar in Battlefield 4, and partially hits too close to home.  (goes and cries in corner)

SouthPark Computer Guy.png

I have a bigger beard, slightly more hair, and no glasses but other than that....:/

• Thanks 1

Not 'today' but last time I was on, levelled up my character that lives on Ragnarok. On my way back to the base, I just happened to spot a blue doedi not far from our gates. Spyglass... 150.

"Guys, 150 doedi, it's blue" 

"knock it out, I'll go make kibble" 

There was a slight accident where I may have stepped into my tribemate's line of fire while we were knocking him out, and it MAY HAVE resulted in me getting killed a little bit. Finally, it's in flee mode, (no trap today) so we know we only need a few more hits. 

"watch out, there's another doedi here" 

"what Level? " 

Spyglass

"145, female"

"looks like we're taming TWO" 

Other notable fun, knocking out a scorpion with a boomerang because why not

• Like 1

So yesterday on RAG i was looking for a rex and found a lvl 2 giga and i decided to tame it with my tribe mate, so he flies out on a argentavis and picked me up and shot it with night night darts (thats what i call them) and we knocked it out! so we ran around and grabbed prime meat and we tamed it. now it is Lvl 14. finally a good day in ark right? but wait it gets worse. so i am flying around on my argentavis and ran into 3 dragons and killed my argentavis. but i finished the Warehouse which holds all of our rexes and finished the averary.

• Like 1