So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnorok

This weekend I binged big time on ARK (over 30 hours), I transferred over to the Rag map. For the last few weeks prior I had been exclusively on Scorched, but I wanted a change, and I wanted to try and get an Ice Wyvern egg.

My original base on this map is in Viking Bay, built next to the huge skeleton. As some already know, expansion at this location is tough due to many "unable to place" locations in that area. Plus I wanted a more central to the map location for home base. So after a bit of scouting, I decided that the two flat buttes near the large bridge was the place for me.

After carrying over a Doed and Anklo for resources, I quickly installed a couple Behemoth gates, that allowed me to create a natural pen area between the buttes. I then built a ramp that allows me to get up to the top of the larger of the buttes from the pen.  After building the ramp, I realized I need a better wood gathering method, so I took my Quetzal and found and tamed a 135 Mammoth. Got a bit scary while it was down, as a large pack of wolves got very close, but the Quetz and it's knockback, managed to kill them before they could get the Mammoth.

Then I notice that a 150 Stego is walking near my new pen, and I kite it inside, and now I have a new berry picker. However while the Stego was out, I took my Ptera around for a looksie, and I notice a 150 and 145 pair of Argies, mixing it up with some other dinos.  So as soon as I start tranqing them, a whole flock of other Argies show up, and I soon lost track of who was whom. Turns out I knocked out the wrong birds. So I kept the 100 level, and killed the 45. Then used the 100 to kill everything but the two Argies I wanted to begin with. Sadly the 150 Argy was so hurt from fighting the other dinos, that my newly beacon found ASC crossbow killed him by accident. But I did get the 145 back to my new Butte base.

I started grinding out a small rock started building, when I hear the stomping of a large dino. Turns out is was a mate boosted pair of Rexs. both low level, and after kiting them to a safe cliff, I tranq'd them up and tamed to use as guard dogs until I can get my new base secure.

Next I flew back to the Viking Bay base to swap my Argy for my best Ptera, and took off to the murder snow in the hope of finding some Ice Wyvern eggs. Well, an hour later, I was near the Rag Wyvern trench, and still hadn't seen a Ice Wyver, so I decided to try for a regular Wyvern. Into the scar I flew, and amazingly I spot 3 eggs right off the back. All Poison however (my least favorite dragon). Regardless, I managed to get in and out safely three times, and came away with a 180, 155 and 50 Poison eggs. Amazingly, the toughest one was the 50, as it's mama was pissed to say the least, and she messed up my Ptera, but we made it out of there alive. While resting and recovering near the stream and foot bridge by the Wyvern scar, I decided that I should create a additional base not far from the scar, so I can farm Wyvern Milk and eggs.

I decided on building a base at the bottom of one of the rock claws that sticks high out of the ground. So I made some trips to bring the Anky and Doed to this location and started grinding out a base. Tamed a bronto that was always in my way, and used him as a mule while gathering wood, thatch and berries.

Then as I was returning to the new base, I see a trio of Allos. As per usual, 2 of the 3 are stuck inside each other. So I return to base, grab the Quetz, and tame up all three. (two 95, and a 80) Then things got kind of weird, and for some reason I spent like the next 12 hours doing nothing but taming every Allo over 100 I could find. I've always liked them, but apparently Allos are my Meth, because I couldn't stop after just the initial 3. Finally after amassing 9 more allos (100, 100, 135, 135, 135, 135, 145, 145, 145) I realized that Allos aren't going to build the base for me.

Back to grinding, and thanks to lots of nearby stone, I built up a nice place pretty quickly. I then ventured back into the Wyvern scar, and found no more eggs. So I flew out of the area, and spent a couple hours working on my Butte base. Got a little farm going, and after finding a couple Dung Beetles, got some Species X to protect the base until I can enclose it.

Then I made my way back to the Wyvern base, but once again heading thru the Murder snow route, hoping to find a Ice egg. After another 30 minutes of nothing, I got frustrated and googled Ice Wyvern nest locations. Found a list on steam forum, and took off with my GPS. First spot I try, I find a 50 egg, and the Ice Wyvern is nowhere to be seen. So that was easy! Coninue to the next spot, and kept coming up with zilch until I am looking for the final nest. Flying in circle, I cannot find the nest or a place that looks like it would hold a nest. Then the next thing I know, I see a damage pop up on my Ptera, and we are stuck in the air. Seems that the local Ice Wyvern found me first. So I start dodging and weaving low and thru the trees, hoping to lose the Wyvern. Finally I look back, and I notice that the Wyvern is now engaged with some other dinos. Watching for a second, I scope the Wyvern .... a 180 level!  Well now I know I have to find the egg. So I cautiously fly back to the area, and this time coming from a different angle I easily see the Wyvern nest. Swoop down, grab the egg, and beat a hasty retreat out of the there! Once again, it appears the Wyvern never noticed, as I never saw it chasing me. Whew!

I stop by the Wyvern base, and create a Preserving bin for the eggs. (plus the poison eggs that were still sitting in the Bronto). Feeling that luck was on my side, and perhap even being greedy, I head out to the scar, and once again nothing, no new eggs or nests. So being the Single Player that I am, I do a DestroyWildDinos command and start farming metal as I wait for new spawns.

A few hours and 2 Lives later, I have acquired a 188 Fire, a 155 Fire and a 160 Lightening egg, along with some low levels eggs that I kept, but will probably never hatch.

Of course having a 1/2 dozen of 150+ Wyvern eggs is great, but without milk it is kind of pointless. BUt for some reason, I just could not get myself in the mood to grind out and build a Wyvern trap. So the eggs continued to sit in the preserving bin, while I flew around the map. I took some time to explore the new desert area, and even after searching the entire thing, found zero Gigas or death worms. (Do the death worms spawn on Ragnorok?)

I did fly into the biome near the volcano area, and spotted a level 20 Meglania. Having never tamed one, I figured, why not start out with a low level first. Amazing after just a few shots, it goes down. I throw some prime meat in it, and start gathering some nearby wood to fly back with in the Argy. Well that was a mistake, because I swear about 30 seconds after knocking that lizard out, it wakes up, gives me ARK Aids, and my Argy kills it just as am about to die. So yeah, that sucked. finally after doing some Googling, I decide that I really don't need a Meglania that bad.

Also I noticed while in the Volcano area, that Rock Golems were there too. I never noticed them in that Biome before. Is that new, or was I just ignorant before?

Finally after a very long hour weekend and both Monday and Tuesday nights after work, I have two new 1/2 finished bases, and about 14 Wyvern eggs. Oh yeah, I did admin spawn in some Abberration Bulbpugs, neon goats and Glowbirds. I like having them for the night lighting around the bases. I was going to go transfer the ones I tamed when I played abberration, but remembering that I never saw a Obelisk on Abb, I realized it would be a waste of time; plus I really hated playing Abberration map. So thank you Single Player for that work around!

Oh yeah, I also had a really weird thing happen. While flying over the Snow mountain near Viking Bay, I see a Quetz spawn in. Since mine was only a 70+ level after taming, I am always looking for a better one. Well this one is a Level 130 female! So I fly to my Viking Bay base (I have 4 tamed 140-150 level rexs there) and cook up some Kibble. Then I go and grab my existing Quetz and her platform saddle and off we go Quetz hunting. 15 minutes later, she drops in a perfectly safe area at the base of cliff. OF course while starving her, I get attacked by a pack of Pegos, that I manage to kill and with their hides and some nearby trees, I surround the Quetz with Spikes. After what seemed like forever, I am leading the two Quetz back to the base, and as I fly over the exact same spot that I had first spotted my newly tamed 130 female, another Quetz spawns in. I glass it over, and it is a 130 male!! What the heck?  So of course, I had to get the male, so I could have a boosted pair. Well the male did not make it easy, and he nearly got me killed as he flew dangerously close to the Wyvern Scar that already had a 155 Poison dragon circling nearby. In fact at one point I thought the Wyvern had locked onto us, but thankfully it attacked a Ptera flying near me, just as I got the Quetz to turn back towards my base. After nearly 20 minutes, the Quetzal fives down into the woods near a cliff not far from the snow biome. I dive down too, and briefly lose sight when my Quetz gets hung up in a tree. Upon clearing the tree obstacle, I realize that my target has disappeared! I then spent the next 10 -15 minutes looking all over the area for this 130 male. Finally, I give up, and as I fly back towards my base, I fly directly over the spot where I lost sight of the Quetzal. That's when I notice it is glitched into the side of the mountain, not 10 feet from where I lost sight of it.  There is no way I missed it before, so I can only assume that it was completely in the mountain earlier, and then came back out when I passed back over? Regardless, I lower my Quetzal onto the top of the male, and with him trapped, I finally knock him out. A while later, I now have a pair of 194 post tame Quetzals! The male didn't have good weight stats, but great HP and good melee, and the female had fantastic weight stats, and good stamina. So when I get time to build a pen to breed them, I will work towards some nice Quetz babies.

Did you read this whole manifesto to the end? If you did, then here is a treat for you. My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, with Half Baked a close 2nd. My favorite beverage is BAI Coconut and Lime, and I was given the nickname Random Guy in college after singing Prince's When Doves Cry in falsetto in the on campus bistro. Why did I do that? No reason, but it embarrassed my best friend tremendously, which of course made me laugh. So there you go folks, come for the ARK story, and leave with some totally useless personal trivia.

Carry on...............

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Beat Gamma Rockwell. Started as a 3 man effort, one player (Khep) crashed out just as starting so ended up doing it 2 man, both on Drakes with Megalos and Reapers on aggressive following.

Drakes + Ascendant shotgun FTW.  

Hep was equipped with AR and I had an Ascendant Pump Shotgun - 1st person, Shotgun in hand, running around on my drake ignoring everything and killing each tentacle with 2-3 shotgun shells with Hep trying to keep things off my back - gas balls, nameless, reapers.

My drake was literally on it's last legs, very little hp remaining and believe Heps to be the same but managed to defeat it just before our drakes died.

Rolled back and intend on doing it for real with the full tribe at the weekend.

PS4 - Ragnorok - Single Player

Played for a few more hours last night after work. Went back to my newest base near the Wyvern scar. Did some grinding to build an egg hatching building for the Wyvern eggs I stole earlier. While out collecting wood, my bulboug goes crazy and I realize must me a max level around.   So after looking around with my newest Quetz "Snow King", I find a 150 ........ wait for it ..... you guessed it ... ALLO!!!!!

If you read my previous post, you will know that I have an Allo addiction. Once again, this Allo was glitched with another one. I knocked out all three, killed the two lower levels and tamed up Miss 150. Flew here back with the Quetz, and she now makes lucky number 13 at this base.

I then flew back to my original base in Viking Bay, and grabbed my best Griffin. "Deja Vous". Named because I tamed it, then got a blue screen of death, restarted the game, and had to totally re-trap and re-tame it.

Deja and I flew back to Murder Snow area, and this time we saw the Ice Wyvern before it saw us. Kiting it away from the nest, I grabbed the 155 level egg, and then headed for the Wyvern trench. I spotted a level 100 Fire and Level 175 Poison egg. So down we went to get them. Out of  nowhere, a Lightening Wyvern attacked us as we were landed on a nest. But to my amazement, the Wyvern got stuck in the nest hole, and stopped hitting us with it's special attack. Instead it just started chomping away at us. Well Deja and I chomped back, and even though our bite was less powerful, we got in 3-4 bites to the Wyvern's one. Finally I see the death message, and it was a level 190!!!  SO we begin looking for that egg, as I did not have any shocker eggs yet. After grabbing some low level fire and poison eggs, I finally spot a blue egg. We sweep down and as I am dismounted and grabbing what turns out to only be a level 50 Lightening egg, we attacked by another Lightening Wyvern. Well my Griffin takes off without me, and the two battle as they circle higher and higher. I try to call Deja back, but in a matter of seconds they are out of range, and even after the Wyvern is dead, my Griffin is just hovering in the sky, refusing to respond to my call back attempts.

So here I am, eggs in my inventory, and no way to fly home. I scan the area, and realize I will have to try and make it on foot back to the Wyvern base to grab another flyer. Easier said than done, because just jumping down from the nest nearly killed me. So it didn't take the level 116 Fire more than a moment to make me into a little scooby snack. :Jerbmad:

I spawn back in at the Wyvern base, and grab a Ptera.  We dive into the trench, and I see that another Wyvern is fighting with my griffin, flying around in circles. I dive down, pick up my dead body stuff, just as a Poison and Fire Wyvern attack, I'm in flames and glowing green! Oh goody. Well my Ptera isn't going anywhere, and then I see that we are overweight, so I drop all but the Ice Wyvern egg, and we get the hell out of there with less than 25% health left. 

I dropped off the Ice egg at the base, swap Pteras and went back for my Griffin. Somehow he now landed at the top of the trench. I swap mounts, whistle follow to the Ptera, and we dive to the bottom of the Scar to grab the eggs I dropped before. Our old friends the Fire and Poison Wyverns are none to happy to see us again, and resume treating us like Philly fans treat their team's visitors. After a few breathe-holding moments, I can finally unclench, as we make it back to the Wyvern base.  I load the eggs into the bins, and get to healing myself and the Ptera & Griffin (who by now is at only 180 HP out of 39,000!).

I go on a short metal run with the Quetz while the others heal up, and then after collecting some allo eggs, and stuffing the Beetle full of poop; I call it a night.

I'm still avoiding building the Wyvern trap for milk farming, but I need to do so soon. Maybe tonight.  

P.S. - I never found that damn Level 190 Lightening Egg.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1

Today on Aberration: Pure Chaos, “The One” and 4,000 Dino Wipes Later...

So, my day started with absolute chaos...as is wont to happen in Ark from time to time. But it hasn’t been since my days of mods like ACA and Annunaki Genesis that this particular form of chaos happened, specifically the kind of chaos that can break out because of the nightmare clipping problems our lovely Ark has.

Clipping since the aforementioned crazy mods taught me to never store anything I love near exterior walls, and compared to the horror of, say, having half a level 1,000+ Annunaki fire rex inside my house, is normally a point and laugh affair. With Aberration, the common point is my barn of sheep and ponies, and the perpetrator the occasional raptors and ravagers that can do nothing but poke their heads through solid stone and stare hungrily at my delicious barn animals. Point, laugh, shoot in the head (clipping works both ways!)...repeat.

Today...not as much of a laughing matter as I was puttering around my crafting room processing out narcotic and cementing paste from the crabs I’d just finished murdering when I heard combat music. This was...odd, and I noticed that an absurd amount of activity was happening on the other side of the wall - my seeker pen, five floors up.

Seven floors up, small pet storage...notably my dimorphodons and whelps. Below, the four story barn... which opens into the hangar mostly full of mythical reptiles. Dragons, wyverns, basilisks, and my eagle.

The seekers were going ballistic, and I skittered to the spiral staircase to try to get a view of what was happening to find the barn animals attacking one wall, my eagle in the mix, one of my wyverns circling frantically, breathing fire on everything (thank god for “disable friendly fire”), trying to cram into the four story barn area, one of my three basilisks in a tizzy plus a drake for good measure.

What caused all this? The only thing that could agro a large group of neutral pets found its way to my barn: a level 20 male basilisk was raining AOE acid bombs into my barn, and had apparently nicked some beasties from the hangar for good measure.

Long story short, I was on my way sprinting to a different door (nightmare clipping sieges from the crazy mods also taught me to install several access points) to get an angle to shoot the damn thing when my level 204 male basilisk, Apophis, got the killing blow. I’m glad I’d had him out for training the other day.

I then spent forty-five minutes rearranging all my animals back to their carefully organized previous positions.

— —

On a less chaotic note, I had the breakthrough I’ve been waiting for in my featherlight bloodline! After twenty-one birds that stubbornly would not inherit my best male’s melee stat, I **finally** hatched two that got all the stats I wanted!

My first was the most exciting, because on top of finally getting all the stats I wanted from his parents, I also got my first mutation! Not a color region that featherlights have, sadly, but it’s a stamina mutation, which is phenomenal for glow pets, so I’m extremely excited. 

I named him Neo. ?

— —

And we leave off the day on a cliffhanger: So, I’ve been having fun on Aberration with everything, but I recently decided I was ready to try for the last thing on my Aberration bucket list...my reaper.

And it has been...an ungodly process getting a good one to spawn, and fraught with screwups.

If anyone wants to know, I can take you on a guided tour of every reaper queen spawn in the Trench, and the route I’ve been flying over, and over, and over again, wiping and repeating endlessly waiting for a quality spawn.

Two days ago, I finally got a 104 to spawn, and I was thrilled. But I was also not prepared...in an unexpected way. You see, I have a habit of avoiding trouble down there by mostly sticking to the air, since I’m usually shopping for featherlights and whelps and nameless are a real pain with an empty shoulder, so when I feel like participating in the world I usually fly.

Sometimes I feel like being a passive observer down there and apply god, infinitestats and enemyinvisible true and just go for nature walks and admire Ark without actually taking part in things.

Because of this my only experience with a reaper queen was a brief damage test with my sniper from dragon-back, and I barely dented the stupid thing...a level 40 I just wanted to do a DPS test on since I was starting to shop for a reaper queen to actually challenge.

Well, I spotted the 104 and teleported home to grab my gear: four snipers, six hundred bullets and four magic staffs from the Party of Six mod, and my chosen bulbdog sidekick Fenton. I was ready for war. And I was going on foot, very prepared for a ten+ minute boss fight that would challenge every bit of my skill as someone who prefers to fight alone.

I teleported back, killed off the other nonsense, and bravely approached my target. Long story short I took a bunch more damage than I was planning on, but I sort of liquified the 104 target by nuking it as hard as I could with one of those staffs. It died...way faster than I expected.

Two things were brought to my attention as I cursed and harvested the body: 1.) I was going to fail anyway, because reaper pheromones are a thing I forgot about, and 2.) Oh. Right. Reaper queens are basically invulnerable without a glow pet, so my DPS test on that 40 was totally invalid. Oops.

Well, the good news is that I now have that super important pheromone. And back to the track I went. Lap, lap, wipe. Lap, lap, wipe. Over and over waiting for another good spawn.

And then today, right as I was about to have to get off...I spotted a 116.

Tune in next time to find out if I succeed!

Edited by LadyCrescent
  • Like 1

On Scorched Earth - Single Player (PC)

Backstory abit:

Decided I wanted to give Scorched Earth a go since it was something different (and the fact I kinda hated the aquatic aspect on The Island), so I bought SE a few weeks ago (just my luck that there is a steam sale for it going on now...), and did a character transfer from TI over to SE. I brought along with me just a few pieces of gear (basically a metal pick, axe, sickle and a single crossbow) along with 2 dinos (my bred Argent and a bred Sabertooth). 

Spawned in as close to the Green Obelisk as possible. Promptly got killed by a direwolf on spawn :S. Spawned in a second time and somehow managed to dodge and make my way to the green obelisk to retrieve my items and dinos (close shave with a couple of raptors but a few bolas to root them in place did the job). Built a small base on a cliff just above the Green Obelisk and slowly settled in. 

After spending my majority of time camped out next to the Green Obelisk, I've finally found an area which I've decided will be my main base and have thus started on a huge base building project. Location is somewhere at around 58 Lat, 38 Lon. Just to the left of the small mountain which has crystal, salt, obsidian and metal resource nodes. There is a raised plateau of sorts with a water vein in the middle and 2 small cliffs (with a pretty flat surface at the top) next to it. 

Currently

Walled off the access points for the raised plateau and begun construction for a big dino pen to house the majority of my dinos. Building next to the small mountain does invite some trouble as Argents fly pretty close and I've been attacked a couple of times whilst building. From watching youtube videos as well, I do know that area can be raided by wild wyverns occasionally. Much of it i'm building with adobe (due to the heat) but I've lined the perimeter with stone to prevent damage from most creatures (may have to switch to metal for my perimeter wall instead though due to golems which I do know are nearby). 

Have also begun constructing a stone bridge from the plateau to the nearest cliff. Will probably use that cliff as the base to house myself. The third cliff which is to the left and slightly higher I will probably use it to house my flyers but that will be for the future. For now, I'm simply mass placing foundations so that I can get an idea of how big I want to build and to see the layout. 

This project has me chewing through resources like crazy though and although I have increased yields from harvest, I still go through a ton of them. Have already used over 150+ adobe foundations and about a 100 Stone foundations. Stone isn't an issue as I do have a pretty high level doedi which i've pumped points into weight and damage. But thatch, wood, and cactus sap is being drained constantly. Considering bringing my Therizinosaurus over from TI but for now, my chainsaw is sustaining me. 

On my work desktop now so i'll post pics in the future when I can. 

• Like 1

Last night proved to be quite the adventure.

A quick recap: the Aberration server I play on is clustered with a Ragnarok server. I've never played on Rag before, but we were getting a little tired of Aberration so M and I decided to set up shop over on Rag. He transferred his character. I'm paranoid about losing mine, so I made a new one. We did not start out in the same area and basically did some solo play. I ended up making a raft base to use while I scouted for a good base location, as even on a low pop unofficial the spawn areas are littered with shacks and lazy bases. Along the way I found an abandoned basilosaurus, which I claimed, and eventually I was able to tame a low level horse for land scouting. Unfortunately I had a bit of an accident and died, leaving my horse to his fate in a dangerous, difficult to navigate area. After that I met up with M, we started a tribe and I never went back to look for the horse, assuming he had died.

Well, last night I was flying around on my argent when on a whim I went back to the area where I'd lost the horse, not expecting anything. Imagine my surprise to find him still alive, a little hungry but none of the worse for wear. By some miracle he had fallen into a canyon between two spino spawn points, and since no one had been in the area he was in stasis for nearly a week all by himself. Naturally I did what anyone would do stumbling across a trash tame they thought was lost forever and immediately started a rescue operation. No drops nearby to take advantage of, so I built a raft, some basic defensive walls, and crammed the horse and the bird onto it.

An alpha raptor, a terror bird, two spinos and one misadventure in a swamp later, we sailed all the way home and Branco was escorted into the safety of our compound. It took up basically all of my time to play for the night, but hey how often does one get to save a tame like that?

• Like 1

Following the successful Rockwell Gamma defeat "test" which we rolled back on Wednesday evening and whilst wandering around base on my new monkey I had a realisation that when armed with a shotgun and mounted on a monkey I had the PERFECT positioning to run and gun.

With this realisation I decided I wanted to give the gamma boss another go but this time instead of being mounted on a Drake to use my monkey instead.  I suggested we do more science with full intent on rolling back again - due to not having all main tribe members on - only upon connecting to Discord the tribe member we were waiting on to do the boss for real logged in too. 

I was going to go in light, very light in fact with plans on taking in just my asc shotgun, armor and lots of ammo plus my monkey, his glowtail and my bulbdog. Plans changed - with the main tribe members now online we added some megalosaurs and 2-3 reapers to the mix and decided to go at it for real.

Spawned into the arena, instantly forgot to pick my monkeys glowtail up before setting off on my laps around Rockwell.  The 2 guys on reapers taking out anything that spawned, Hep on his drake trying to control the fireballs and myself running around doing laps on my monkeys shoulders taking out the tentacles with a couple shots of my asc pump shotgun.  Megalos all parked on the ramp to take on Rockwell once I have cleared the tentacles each time.

Could have been better organised but it worked out well - the reapers were a little damaged and we lost 2 glowtails but all other pets and all survivors (4 of us) made it.

The monkey PoV and control in 1st person is awesome, my previous attempt on Drake I had to go side on to shoot as the Drakes head would get in the way.  At times I was hit with reaper acid which slowed me down a little but managed to avoid any direct fights - jumping over the nameless and running from the reapers. The monkey took a little damage from nameless when stopping to regen stamina but they're veggies - a couple cakes and jobs a good'un.

Yesterday proved to be hugely successful.

My tribemate had mentioned where he thought he saw thylas near us, knowing that I really wanted one for this map. So I headed out and...while he was impressed to see the high level male who is now my main mount, he hasn't yet noticed the other 4 I tamed lol. That's right, I went out to get 2 (a breeding pair) and came back with 5. What can I say, I had the opportunity and the means, and now I have some serious breeding to do.

I also went out and got a pair of thorny dragons. One, because I like them and have never had one before and two, because my tribemate likes moths so I want to get some eggs for kibble. During my second thorny dragon tame, I also ended up killing a poison wyvern with my thyla. Wyverns are suddenly a lot less scary, as long as one avoids their breaths. I still want a set just for the experience, never raised any before since this is my first time on a map where they spawn naturally.

I then decided to try for something else on my wishlist, a yuty. Unfortunately the new wolves are op and shred everything in sight, including the 3 high level ones I came across. I came very close to attempted ice wyvern egg thievery but decided I didn't want to risk dying in an unfamiliar area and losing my rex. So I returned home cold and annoyed, in time for M to log in.

We had a bit of an adventure together, going all the way up to Viking Bay to look for a tree to put a platform and taps on, and so he can fish off it. Along the way we found a high level spino and another bird, both of which got tamed. The spino ran rampant with high torp and ended up being quite a challenge, with server lag I wasted almost a hundred arrows on him from my ascendant crossbow.

With a successful mission we decided to finish off the day with some griffin hunting as we both want one. Unfortunately they are kind of a pain to kill with my crappy low level argent and he ended up having to leave suddenly due to family issues. But I did still come home with a max level argent tame so there's that. I named him Griff because his first kill was a griffin that came out of nowhere and attacked him while we were flying home.

Today I might attempt the yuty hunt again, this time with my thyla. I don't think we plan to do bosses or anything, I just like them and I've never had one before. They must get some wild mutations with all those feathers.

• Like 1

Solo'd the Beta Rockwell boss.. then after many attempts finally got all of us through it too.  Not sure if it scales based on number of players entering but the other guys seemed to be having a real hard time of it.

I just stuck with my normal run and gun tactic circling the arena on my monkeys shoulders pumping shotgun shells into the tentacles, running from or jumping over nameless and reapers.

Just trying to get some members levelled up now so that we can have a go at the Alpha.

Big day for us today.

Started out with some breeding. Of my 5 thylas, the 4 I'm not actively using have all the stats I want so I bred the one male to all 3 females. Got two keepers out of the lot, but sadly both male so I have to do another round of breeding to maybe get a usable female or two. M still hasn't made any comments about my growing pride, I'm not sure he's actually noticed them yet. But he will soon enough, up to 7 now.

Then because I am stubborn, I went back out to look for yutys. Made my own taming trap and everything. Well...it turns out yutys are faster than even a 130% speed spino, they fit through small dino gates, and they also appear able to glitch out of even the slightest slope the gate was sitting on. So that was a huge bust. But M came on and over to help. Unfortunately he had all the luck and bagged a nice pair of them. Since he found them and did the actual KO work, I wasn't going to try to take ownership but man that stung. Decided I would just breed one from his pair and we headed back.

But, we did have a problem. Finally made an S+ nanny but we don't have a consistent honey supply, nor even enough to make a hive. So obviously we needed to tame a bear. M remembered a cave where there are a bunch of them so off we went. Long story short, we took a massive detour because he couldn't remember where it was. While he was taking a short afk break I got bored and went exploring a bit...found a 280 griffin (difficulty 10 on this server so 140 equivalent). I had no idea there was even a spawn there, but there was, close to a convenient griffin trap. So I got myself a griffin. Awesome.

I brought my bird home while M tried to find the cave again. He finally remembered where to find it so I went over and we spent some time farming bears. By that cave there is a small icy pond area and I was quick to take note of a high level male yuty in that area. We continued our bear hunt but got separated. I ended up back at the pond and the yuty had gotten himself stuck in the ice floes. Did I dare? Yes I did. He was very stuck but M had made us whips so I was confident we could get him unstuck. So I tranqed him, relying on the Spino Rule: not deep enough to swim, not deep enough to drown. It's never failed me. The yuty was KO'd completely underwater but did not drown. Easiest, safest yuty tame ever. And we didn't even need the whips, he got himself unstuck when he stood up. Named him Kamaka after the spot where I found him.

Walked him home and we took a short break to do our own thing. I went much closer to home and did find, KO and safely return with a bear. M was unable to find any hives unfortunately.

Spent a significant amount of time cleaning up and organizing after making a grinder and a vault, and then called it a night. Funny how we have all these tames and every non-Tek crafting station, but still live in a tiny 2x2 stone shack. As much as I'm itching to expand, this was M's base first and I'm trying to respect that by not interfering with his build. All I've done so far is a temporary greenhouse so we can get kibbles n' things going. I just try to keep the mats stocked up so he can focus on making whatever he needs, and getting all the utility tames out of the way. All we really need now is a quetz but that's probably a weekend project given that it's so much easier with two of us, especially with the griffin.

Either way, any time I have during the week will probably going into thyla breeding, farming and crafting we do need a few more vaults.

Overall very pleased, even though I am spending way more time than I should on this game. But we've crossed most of my current wishlist tames off so I'm gonna relax and cut it back for a couple weeks probably. I admit I'm just "wasting" a lot of time right now because I'm anxious from a situation at work, and bored because my boyfriend is currently busy with some personal issues.

• Like 1

Found the Southern cave in Aberration and obtained two artifacts there,

farmed poly.

Repaired hazmat.

Logged on island, used grinder to gain 36k exp, then killed two titanosaurus with a lightning wyvern, one with an explorer note exp buff. 

Hit lvl 96. Created two giga saddles with the lvl 96 unlocked engram and put them on our 2 replacement gigas (1st was stolen :( )

Tearass around the swamp in new gigas, so much meats...

Gonna try to log on tonight for another obsidian run.

• Like 1

Beat the alpha Rockwell boss on Aberration - 2 man, both on Bigfoot, 20 cakes, 400-550 ascendant shotguns and 4 Reapers.

Now a long week of grinding to get the resources to get the rest of the tribe through it too then I don't know, maybe move server over to Scorched to cover the story elements we missed jumping from Island to Aberration.

• Like 1

I mined 4 full industrial forges full of metal, and then smelted it. The drop rate is 2x. Then later on I conducted a maintenance to take the weekend event down for the server. That and flying around looking for castle blueprints. This mod here is what I am talking about. However we have them as more of a end-game feature, that you treasure hunt for.

Can't wait for later this week, to go on boss runs with other players. B|

Edited by Sphere

Ark Aberration I logged on to find that we had been base wiped every thing stolen and our industrial forge and 1k gasoline gone along with apprentice hazmat and mastercraft climbing picks realizing that I needed gear I went to ragnarok where I proceeded to gather blueprints and gear I eventually met up with my tribemate who apparently had multiple sets of ascendant riot gear I then proceeded to join up with our soon to be tribemates who were raiding people with my only other tribemate they asked us if we wanted to do boss runs and we agreed with them we transferred to island defeated the gamma mega with my crab and their Theri's we then proceeded to bring my tribemate in on alpha broodmother who brought my 160k health crab down to 21k health however we managed to defeat it gaining 3 sets of awesome TEK gear in the process in which I proceeded to equip the ones I knew feeling happy to be back in TEK armour however I had to hide somewhere because we were not set up anywhere on the map and I could not leave my things in the obelisk so I left them in my tribemates care.

That's about it although I did devise a plan to wipe the alpha who base wiped us still have yet to do it though.

• Sad 1

Pretty short, easy session tonight.

Bred my thylas, got two more keepers and retired two of my wild tames. One went to my tribemate as he's never had one before. The other one went to the Ragnarok in the sky. I don't need imprints on these so no nanny required. It does seem like we have enough honey to finally make our own hive though, so hopefully we get that done soon.

Decided to fly over and check out the megalania island a short flight from us and holy crap did I find the coolest max level lizard. I just had to have it. So much so I actually caught him in midair when I was swooping in and he fell off the ledge he was chillin' on. Good catch, he would have fallen in the ocean otherwise. Carried him home, dropped him in our taming pen (I think that's what it's for anyway) and boy did he take a lot of arrows, and I did not expect that torp drop. Good thing I was in the base!

Tamed him up fine and now he's sitting pretty just waiting to be bred. I don't take screenshots too often but I just had to get a couple shots of this guy for posterity. Look at those colors, I love him already:

danger_tame.thumb.jpg.06f9111734d5a2dad090ce9ef54fb29f.jpg

Named him Danger because he reminds me of a coral snake, only way more, well, dangerous lol. Man they really did a great job with the megalania model, one of my favorite megafauna too.

Alas, that was all I had time for so I checked up on the babies, both juveniles now, and logged for the night.

• Like 2

PC - Center, SE and Aberration - Official

So I usually play on Center as thats ou main base but we are heavily capped so I couldnt be bothered to wait around to breed anything so I popped so Aberration for the first time in ages.

Tribe leader had kept it running so we bred some Ravagers and got a 239 which was pretty cool. Tamed a 135 DireBear to go with our 140 and they have some good stats so expecting a good bear once bred. 

Didnt venture off too far, but was fairly happy with the new babies which are now raised and did a little bit of tidy up work on the inventories of our storage as I cant stand it mixed up everywhere. 

So a fairly quiet one, but with base extensions happening on SE and the Center - it will be a busy few weeks for me.

Oh, and got Alpha Ape and Brood down on Center thanks to a friend - comfortable that our Rexes could take it down now - and we have the artifacts too!

• Like 1

Last night was another huge win for us.

First I bred my thylas and the next generation is incredibly promising. I'll be "retiring" all 6 of my older breeders tonight. The only downside is I have 2 males to 1 female, but no matter how I pair them I have a shot at all 4 of the stats I want so it's going to be mostly about the potential color mix. I'd also like to work in some higher stats from fresh blood, but I'm holding off until we have more news about our server potentially wiping. Can only jam so many animals in the obelisks after all. That's partly why I've been breeding these during the week and not on weekends when I normally would. Theoretically we will have advance notice so we can upload the animals we want to keep. The other map on the cluster currently is Aberration so we can't just move them over to hold.

There's also a chance they'll just wipe without notice (that's one thing I don't like about these admins, they give maybe 1 minute notice on server restarts, and none on anything else), which I think is a little inconsiderate to say the least. But I didn't pick the server, my tribemates' cousin did. He's tribed with us on Aberration but not currently playing. I'd just as soon move to a new one but M is a firm believer in the sunk cost fallacy and didn't want to start over yet again. But that's an argument for another day.

Speaking of M, he was on despite the late hour for him. He'd massively expanded our base, no more tiny little shack for us. It's a nice build, and I like the relative simplicity of it. He was out hunting argents as he only has 1 female and something like 5 males. I decided to help him out, but we were quickly distracted by the 280 quetz we had lost track of the other day and assumed it despawned. Not only was it still around, he was flying into the side of a cliff. Taking swift advantage of the poor AI, we simply built a cage around him, then KO'd him. I let M do the honors since he's never tamed a q before and he did find it and all that. TBH I'm not the biggest fan of them but I can't argue with their sheer utility.

Also found 2 high level spinos in the canyon below, which I alerted M to as he doesn't have any yet. I took the new bird home while he worked on getting both spinos down, not an easy feat but we reused the pillars from the cage to trap them both in a small gorge for easy hunting. Smarter, not harder.

But by that point it was late so I wished M luck and logged after seeing the quetz settled in properly.

• Like 1

I got a message on steam from a friend stating that I needed to get on as my Green Pelagornis was nearly dead. I didnt get the message until the following morning but I logged in anyway to find my Pela safe and sound. Checked the next message from my friend who realised it wasnt nearly dying but had a red underneath haha

At work now so will log on tonight to do .. er... something I guess.

I actually did a pretty fair amount but probably don't have a lot to say (until I start writing and then and then and then).

Raises:

Six 12.5k hp, 449 melee Rex's. These are the start of the line for beta and alpha rag. Five of these will go to the boss barn, the sixth is my new top breeder. He hatched level 290 and got our 2226 stamina and 940 weight in addition to the hp and melee. I'll breed him with 12 clean mute females and two females with same stats to get at least two guaranteed eggs every time. 

Three clean female Rex's. I currently have 6 clean females so here are 3 more that will be added to the breeding pool. I'll breed the clean male again to get the last three. 

One Argy. I now have the hp (4015) stamina (1280) and melee (408) together on a 1 mutated bird. Just have to get the weight added yet. (760)

Two Theri's with cyan color and 9.2k hp, 396 melee. I got twin males out of the egg. I hatched it for a trade so I'll sell both males. 

No real exciting stories out of this. The tek troughs make it easy, I think I did the initial meat run and maybe a small buffer, so it really is set it and forget it. 

Trades:

There was a bunch of them. Most involved the Quetzal's and Quetzal eggs with a few more egg trades set up for this weekend. 

I acquired a lot of different stuff. Sold 3 adult Quetzal's. Received 2k shot gun ammo, 2k tranq darts, and a full set of Artifacts to run a fight with. I also sold 3 Quetzal eggs. i got 12 artifacts (6 an egg) and a purple Theri egg that matches our stats. Since I sell those for 8k ings it was a good deal imo. 

I traded the old xmas Argy with the stam and melee stat for an additional 4 artifacts. I also moved a 220/230 Giga egg for 2k advanced rifle ammo. I traded a 98 armor Tuso saddle BP for a tek trough. I traded a 89 armor Giga saddle BP for 5 rex saddles. That was from an ally on my island server. He basically allowed me to use his BP (94 armor MC) and my crafting character to make 5 saddles. Highest was 108, lowest was 95.4. 

I traded two Yuty eggs to another ally at a reduced cost of 4k advanced rifle ammo. This is a group of guys from legacy. They had bought an egg previously. I gave them one of the upgraded eggs (10.3k hp) as a gift of sorts. 

I then came to a a different business practice decision with my closest allies. I'm not charging them anymore. At some point they will or have hooked me up (one of my allies let me use his breeder male 12.5k hp, 449 melee that got me my breeder male and 5 fight worthy Rex's). I am very particular about who my allies are so if I invited them into an alliance they have been extensively vetted. So for my legacy buddies, I gave them a Quetzal egg. I also moved all our colored anky's and eggs to the one guy who only does Anky raising (with exception of our magenta tipped green spiked mating pair which i am actually using. I told him to get my stats or better on the blue yellow color I gave him and I'll take an egg from that. I was on their island server to do that trade and they invited me to their tribe. So now when rag is acting a fool, I can just hop over there and work with them. 

I still have two more Quetzal eggs to move for 12 artifacts and I am moving one of the male Cyan Theri's for 28 artifacts (guy offered that many because he doesn't have a full set). Other than that I am just focuing on raising the Rex's and prepping for some Quetzal and Yuty hatching over the Easter break. 

Boss fight: Ran another fight with the same allies as before. No losses this time though some of the Rex's were as low as 2k hp from 25k hp (a large portion of our Rex's got stuck on the Golem's this time). It felt smoother and I used my crafting character on our AR BP which gave us three AR's at 298 dmg and one at 278. I think we will need to run one more gamma just to make sure we have enough element to sustain the new Rex line breeding and then we should be Beta and Alpha prepared. 

Docket: More Rex, more Argy this weekend. More building, more trades. Maybe go play around in the desert on the last of the Ravagers like we did for a few minutes last night. I really actually enjoyed that. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I actually did a pretty fair amount but probably don't have a lot to say (until I start writing and then and then and then).

Raises:

Six 12.5k hp, 449 melee Rex's. These are the start of the line for beta and alpha rag. Five of these will go to the boss barn, the sixth is my new top breeder. He hatched level 290 and got our 2226 stamina and 940 weight in addition to the hp and melee. I'll breed him with 12 clean mute females and two females with same stats to get at least two guaranteed eggs every time. 

Three clean female Rex's. I currently have 6 clean females so here are 3 more that will be added to the breeding pool. I'll breed the clean male again to get the last three. 

One Argy. I now have the hp (4015) stamina (1280) and melee (408) together on a 1 mutated bird. Just have to get the weight added yet. (760)

Two Theri's with cyan color and 9.2k hp, 396 melee. I got twin males out of the egg. I hatched it for a trade so I'll sell both males. 

No real exciting stories out of this. The tek troughs make it easy, I think I did the initial meat run and maybe a small buffer, so it really is set it and forget it. 

Trades:

There was a bunch of them. Most involved the Quetzal's and Quetzal eggs with a few more egg trades set up for this weekend. 

I acquired a lot of different stuff. Sold 3 adult Quetzal's. Received 2k shot gun ammo, 2k tranq darts, and a full set of Artifacts to run a fight with. I also sold 3 Quetzal eggs. i got 12 artifacts (6 an egg) and a purple Theri egg that matches our stats. Since I sell those for 8k ings it was a good deal imo. 

I traded the old xmas Argy with the stam and melee stat for an additional 4 artifacts. I also moved a 220/230 Giga egg for 2k advanced rifle ammo. I traded a 98 armor Tuso saddle BP for a tek trough. I traded a 89 armor Giga saddle BP for 5 rex saddles. That was from an ally on my island server. He basically allowed me to use his BP (94 armor MC) and my crafting character to make 5 saddles. Highest was 108, lowest was 95.4. 

I traded two Yuty eggs to another ally at a reduced cost of 4k advanced rifle ammo. This is a group of guys from legacy. They had bought an egg previously. I gave them one of the upgraded eggs (10.3k hp) as a gift of sorts. 

I then came to a a different business practice decision with my closest allies. I'm not charging them anymore. At some point they will or have hooked me up (one of my allies let me use his breeder male 12.5k hp, 449 melee that got me my breeder male and 5 fight worthy Rex's). I am very particular about who my allies are so if I invited them into an alliance they have been extensively vetted. So for my legacy buddies, I gave them a Quetzal egg. I also moved all our colored anky's and eggs to the one guy who only does Anky raising (with exception of our magenta tipped green spiked mating pair which i am actually using. I told him to get my stats or better on the blue yellow color I gave him and I'll take an egg from that. I was on their island server to do that trade and they invited me to their tribe. So now when rag is acting a fool, I can just hop over there and work with them. 

I still have two more Quetzal eggs to move for 12 artifacts and I am moving one of the male Cyan Theri's for 28 artifacts (guy offered that many because he doesn't have a full set). Other than that I am just focuing on raising the Rex's and prepping for some Quetzal and Yuty hatching over the Easter break. 

Boss fight: Ran another fight with the same allies as before. No losses this time though some of the Rex's were as low as 2k hp from 25k hp (a large portion of our Rex's got stuck on the Golem's this time). It felt smoother and I used my crafting character on our AR BP which gave us three AR's at 298 dmg and one at 278. I think we will need to run one more gamma just to make sure we have enough element to sustain the new Rex line breeding and then we should be Beta and Alpha prepared. 

Docket: More Rex, more Argy this weekend. More building, more trades. Maybe go play around in the desert on the last of the Ravagers like we did for a few minutes last night. I really actually enjoyed that. 

So lazy, you basically just login fill food, and leave.   

9_9