So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I wanted to farm boxes of chocolates by taming dodos and mating them so I flew to the beach with my ptera and shoulder monkey for berry gathering. I would have used the chocolates to tame an argy.

I didn't really check the surroundings for predators and the volume of my TV was low when I hopped off at the beach. I knocked out 3 dodos and was about to empty the monkey who was farming berries from bushes nearby when I got the death message:

Your pteranodon lvl 250 was killed by a raptor lvl 5

It was a 145 kibble tame with very high roll in stam, weight and melee. It was my first and only mount since I switched to the HC cluster. I got so lucky when I tamed it. It was male and I wanted to breed with it.

I didn't waste a bola on the raptor. I facetanked it, grabbed the apprentice ptera saddle and the monkey and ran back to my tiny, hidden base to get everything to tame a new ptera. 

I had only 8 Dodo kibble so all I could get was a lvl 80. It has 300 stam and 160 weight lol.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DrChicken24 said:

That's... a lot. All today!?

yup baby raising for the Vday event another tribe popped 130+ gigas and various other tames.... we also popped a lot more after I got off for work I have 40 more rex eggs to pop.... just throw aways for raids and such I think they were talking about popping quetz eggs next. oh ya forgot to say I'm on official PVP Xbox....

Edited by Zachhynd

Today I woke up to one of my players no longer being in her tribe, on two different maps. And she was afk, so I can't just get on and fix that asap. I gotta sleep some time. Urgh

Bad timings are bad.

Managed to raise a battle rex for bosses while in-game as a player. That took quite a long time to do. But needed to be done. This is on unoffical btw.

Not much else to say really.

Was my 4 days off so did quite a bit. 

Got off work early on Saturday and popped/hatched one of our mutated Doedic's, a mutated Anky, the first of our new line of Rex, some Argy eggs as I continue that line, and a Lightning Wyvern. The Doedic, Anky, and Wyvern for trades and I wanted to get them done before the Valentine event to get them off the server. I did hatch and keep three other Anky's as one was a color combo I was going for, one had a yellow belly, and the other was a beautiful blue and yellow Anky. Excited to get my magenta tips and our stats on that. 

I also hatched a Theri and got the cyan color and stats on a female. This helps with a few things. One we now have a 97.5% cyan Theri with 9222 hp, 1290 stam, 396 melee. That's a mute boss Theri so those will sell.  Two it cleaned up a mutation side so when I breed with the clean male there is a chance to get further stat mutations. The best line I have seen on PvE PS4 so far is 9.5k hp with 419 melee so I am 3 melee mutations and one hp mutation from equaling that. 

The Argy's were fortunate as I popped twin females with our 4015 hp and twin females that have our 760 weight. I now have 4 chances at that total combination beforeIi focus on getting the stamina plus I still want to tame better stamina if I can. 

The rest of the early days I knocked out a few things looking to add to my lines, conducted a few trades for existing eggs/dinos/items we had and prepped for the V-day event by cooking eggs. 

V-day Event:

This was a huge mixture of success and mess up. 

I woke up early (i always wake up early) and decided to not wait for the event to start and just hatch what i wanted to. I had cleared up space by killing 8 dino's and transferring two dino's to our trade server the day before. I dropped 4 Quetzal eggs, 3 Yuty eggs, and conducted a trade for a mutated Yuty egg. 

V-Day.thumb.jpg.2c970ce721255eeede5e1d6dfe4ec668.jpg

I got twins out of one Quetzal egg. Nothing too new here except I did get a female (no shown color mutation) with the 10.3k hp so I have those stats guaranteed once she is done raising. If there wasn't an event I would have kept her and killed the rest but with the event I decided to raise everything to trade it. Already have two Yuty pre-orders. I am lucky i did start this early because we had a guy on our server pop 80 Wyvern's and with everybody else hatching we reached tame cap fairly quickly. I'd say about 8 hours before the scheduled event. I went to my emergency platform builds and broke 2 of them. came back and we still were at tame cap which means 38 dino's hatched in the 1 minute trip it took me to fly down to our flyer barn. 

I started going through our dino's and found 10 others I could comfortably get rid of, including a 303 Anky, one of of my first saber breeds but outdated, one of our first doedic breeds but outdated, a 135 kibble tamed xmas rex, a 135 kibble tamed xmas argy, a xmas jerboa, and a few more workers. The last yuty egg finally hatched and what a beauty. 

5a85be735a0a8_lemonyuty.thumb.jpg.c5b8e69ca5d621279832762b6cd625f1.jpg

She had decent stats (9k hp, 2k stam, 349 melee) so I can breed her melee into the line and get that color with our blue mutated hands and feet. I really need to find that pink stripe. 

Server cap was an issue all day and so I felt I had hatched enough and destroyed the last built platform i was going to destroy (leaves me with 1) to help the server. That had put me at 77 slots freed up over 2 days with 10 hatches giving me a net impact of -67. I felt like I had done my part as most of the dino's I had left were integral  to our current projects. i'll also most likely being moving the majority of these raises off server in trades when they are done. 

Another reason I didn't wait for the event was because to me the first 12 hours of raising a baby isn't too bad. I'm well prepared with fridges stocked with what I need and I have set myself up projects to do around the base. The last 6 hours of baby time is the most difficult so with a 6 PM EST start time for me it would reduce that last 6 hours to 2 and get me a chance to get these babies to adolescent before I went back to work on Thursday. 

As any official playes knows though, we did not get an on time start time and it was frustrating. I turned off global chat and just did meat runs and worked on more projects. Got milk for the Wyvern when needed and cooked down a Giga egg (will probably trade, not hatch since Kentro's spawn in our area but I do have some time over Easter so who knows) when it allowed me. I held all my breeds for the event to try and get a chocolate box though. 

To Be Continued.....

The event, as is known now, got pushed back due to technical glitch and when they finally got PS4 going it was 12:15 AM. 45 minutes from the babies naturally becoming juvenile. I was irked because I was tired but I try to find the positive things and was like well now I get a lot of the extended event time in the juvenile phase and some in the adolescent phase and that'll be helpful. 

I finally topped troughs and got off around 2 AM excited to mate my new Rex which would be done in the morning. 

When I awoke the next morning around 7 AM my server was nowhere to be found. All my other servers were there but i could not find that one. I began checking the twitter feeds, ark dev tracker, the ps4 bugs and support section, and @lilpanda twitter feed. I had a couple people message me from my server because they couldn't find it. I filled out a support ticket. I kept my computer tabs open to anything relevant. I tweeted at panda, jat, jen, and the survivetheark twitter page. I kept scouring the forums looking for anything related. I was most upset that they have a known outage page yet our server, nor any server, was listed on it. 

It apparently went out about 3 AM after the update. I was a bit freaked but ultimately realized there was nothing I could do. I loaded up my single player game on Ragnarok and started gathering materials to build a big base somewhere as well as tamed two Dodo's and two Parasaur's. I checked in frequently and right around 12 PM the server came back up. I logged on and we were at about 30 minutes after I went to bed. The Rex and Wyvern were at 93.6% (92.3% when I went to bed) and everything else was still early Juvenile. 9 hours of down time, 9 hours of event time lost. I am happy for the events (well except the train wreck that was Halloween) and am one of the few that felt the Xmas event was done well. However I scheduled my particular Ark activities (raising the Quetzal's and Yuty's instead of killing looking for mutations) around this announced and planned event so I am not happy with how it transpired from the initial delay, to the lost server, to the lost event time. 

Overall it wasn't a bad weekend. Since the event took place during the week the server wasn't hit nearly as hard as a breed event on the weekend gets hit so fewer rollbacks though the lag was as consistent as ever. 

The tame cap is of course not ideal but between trades and people moving stuff to other server's that'll sort itself out like it did last time. If the tame cap helped one thing it helped me complete for the first time the Gamma Rag Boss fight. 

Since we now have better Rex stats I put out to server that I needed 4 artifacts and I had 12 Rex's and a Yuty to run the gamma boss fight if anybody wanted to join. A tribe I am friendly with got back to me and said they'd join. My idea was if we lost then the Rex's and Yuty died, 20 less dino's on the Ark. If we won, we'd get some engrams and I'd upload my Rex's into the ob for the game to take care of giving us 13 less dino's on the Ark. Win-win for us, them, and the server. 

I've researched so much on this fight and prepped them and my tribe mate with what we needed and how to approach. man the manticore is a pain to get down. we did lose two Rex's during the fight and they lost one to getting stuck on the Golems. I originally tried to save them but then decided to let them keep the Golem's busy while we focused on the Manticore. We completed the fight with about 15 minutes left and it felt good to do my first boss fight on the new servers successfully with our own hunted, tamed, raised, and mutated stat line. We split the element and I hope to run it with them with better Rex's again soon. 

I uploaded our first line into the ob and by now they are into the Ark abyss but fear not. I still have the clean male and several clean females to continue our own Rex line with. For the time being I will use them to breed with our 12.5k 414 melee male until I get a 12.5k 449 male to replace him with. I also have started looking into other interesting methods I'd like to try. The one would have to be on the island bosses of Megapithecus or Broodmother but I want to take in highly bred and statted pack animals. Ones that get a boost from the others around them. Wolves, Kentro's, Allo's, possibly Hyena's, and I need to look at what else gets a pack boost. A combo of say 3 Allo's, 4 Kentro's, 5 Wolves, whatever else I find pack wise would be great fun. That is down the road though but it ensures that I will continue to play Ark for quite awhile. 

Until next week. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 1

PS4 - Singleplayer - Scorched Earth

So for some reason, Rock Golems have been spawning very close to my base the last week or so. Not sure what is going on, but now that I know how to tame them, I either kite them to my Golem taming pen, or I was killing them with my imprinted Golem killing Fire Wyvern.   But only the low levels, because I'm scared the higher levels will kill it.

So I have been taming all the higher level Rexs that spawn in the dry creek bed near my base, and I'm up to 8 of them. Last night I had a level 20 Golem spawn near the base, and so I decided to give the Rex clan a chance to kill it. I took 6 of them out (the other 2 are fresh tames, that need to level up more) and we attacked the golem. About 2 minutes later, we had a dead Golem!!  and the Rexs didn't even get bloody. So tonight I might take them out to kill any Golems under 60. But we'll see.  I still have a 110 and a 120 and a 108 Golem that I have my eye on to kite and tame.

After putting the Rexs back, I checked on my Kapro breeding pit. I started with about a dozen breeders 3 weeks ago, and I have yet to get a noticeble color mutation. :( I am breeding strictly for color mutation, so very disappointing thus far. Killed off some of the low level babies and thru the high levels into the breeding pit.

I started breeding my Hyenas for color mutations as well, but since they are live birth, I have been doing it slowly, as I don't want to find a dead one in the pen.

Took one of my mule Argies out to gather Metal and Sulfer, and as I am landing, I notice a shadow from something flying above me. It is large and moving fast. I finally realize that it is a 135 Lightening Wyvern, and by the grace of ARK, it didn't see me. So I watch it fly away, and I start harvesting metal. Minutes later, with a very full and very slow Argy, I start flying back to base. I'm flying just over the top of the cactus when out of the corner of my eye, I see the Wyvern is landed and so close that I am sure it will agro on me. I continue flying towards base, but am convinced that I will die before I get there. Somehow, the Wyvern took his sweet time following me, and I actually got to the base just as the first lightening bolt started to hit me and the Argy. I flew in an open dino gate, into the enclosed area and jumped on my own Lightning Wyvern. "Shocker". We get out just as the wild dragon is beginning it's second attack on the base. I kite the Wyvern away, and into the sandy desert. As it starts closing in, I quick land, and the Wyvern tries to attack as it passes over me. I time my bite just right, and get some good damage into him. This continues for a few minutes, and then I claim my rewards. I fly back to base and start to fill the forges and empty out my Wyvern's inventory into my smithys.

I then decide to take the two fresh tame Rexs out to level up, and collect some more meat for the troughs.  Well as I am chasing down some scorpions and Morellatops, I come over a sand dune only to have a Death Worm jump up and attack!  I quickly race the Rexs out of there as fast as possible, and thanks to the topography, am able to lose the Deathworm. But my relief is short lived, as I run right into a Fire Wyvern Level 118 that is engaged with a hand full of other dinos. I slam on the brakes and reverse course, and run like a scared 3rd grader all the way back to base. Knowing that this Wyvern is very close to my base, I swap the Rexs for my Fire Wyvern (Princess Peach) (because she had some peach looking color highlites when she was hatched.) A few minutes later Peaches has a belly full of wyvern meat, and I am finally relaxing back at base.

I've never seen a Wyvern near my base, and now in one night I have 2!  SO this weekend, I've decided to fully enclose all of my main base, so nothing can attack from the air.

This will not be an easy task, and I'm sure it will take a large portion of my night just grinding out the resources to make the structures needed to cover the enclosures.

I think I might also try to transfer over to my Ragnorock map, and play that for a bit. Last time I played it, the desert section was not available on PS4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

I then decide to take the two fresh tame Rexs out to level up, and collect some more meat for the troughs.

The deathworm would have been tough but the Rex's would of made short work of the Wyvern and gotten them some good xp to boot. If they are good levels, give them a go. 

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

I think I might also try to transfer over to my Ragnorock map, and play that for a bit. Last time I played it, the desert section was not available on PS4.

Do watch yourself out there. Giga's spawn in the desert now as well as up by green ob. It's beautifully done though. The middle section is Golem heaven and rich in resources too. The first section has some Golems as well but some just gorgeous places to build. Finally the deep desert section is where Giga's and Titan's spawn, a few deathworms, and the desert drops are located, go past the deep desert to the waters and there are some just cool rocks I think about building on if I just want to isolate myself. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

The deathworm would have been tough but the Rex's would of made short work of the Wyvern and gotten them some good xp to boot. If they are good levels, give them a go. 

Do watch yourself out there. Giga's spawn in the desert now as well as up by green ob. It's beautifully done though. The middle section is Golem heaven and rich in resources too. The first section has some Golems as well but some just gorgeous places to build. Finally the deep desert section is where Giga's and Titan's spawn, a few deathworms, and the desert drops are located, go past the deep desert to the waters and there are some just cool rocks I think about building on if I just want to isolate myself. 

The highest spawning Rex level I've found on my Scorched map is 112, which I just got last night. Other than that, all of my Rexs are level 70s - 90s.  I've kill anything lower level, but just cannot get any high levels to spawn. In fact, other than a a few 135 Argies, and Wyverns, I don't seem to find anything on my Scorched map above 120, no matter what species.  I also have found ZERO Rex saddle BP. So stuck with primative. But I must have a dozen ASC Mantis, Morellatops, and Lymantria saddles or BPs. :Jerbmad:

Thanks for the info about RAG. I'll give it a go tonight. I have 1/2 dozen level 140-150 Rexs already tamed on that map, so maybe I'll breed them up, and venture out to the desert.

Maybe I'll transfer some eggs between maps, as last week I ventured into the Scar on S.E. and I came away with 4 eggs level 130 above!!!  I was so lucky, as they were all spaced out, so I would kite one away, kite it near my Scar base, and between my Wyvern and turrets, would quickly kill them.  Of course getting the milk is hard, but I just need to build a better Wyvern pen.

Today on Aberration: The intersection of “pushing your luck” and “be careful what you wish for.”

So today I had the intention of hatching two featherlights...hopefully of opposing genders. I’d prepared four eggs last night and was all set to continue my quest for color mutations and high wattage adorable light fixtures for the hangar.

I did my imprinting on the wyvern I’m currently raising, timed so my egg would hatch within a couple of minutes after, and out popped twins! Two lovely girls, and I figured I’d go ahead and set down a second egg.

With my egg hatch speed it takes about three minutes for a featherlight egg to hatch, and I used the time to secure my girls, got ready to welcome my new featherlight, and poof! Triplets.

There was a stretch of marginal chaos wrangling the babies...claiming, disabling wandering. But I got two boys and a girl. So, I got what I asked for and a little extra.

On the modded side of my game I rounded out a set of whelps I’d been collecting from Dragons and Enhanced Creatures...a color collection from the “Dragon Riders of Pern” novels. How freaking cute are these tiny dragons?! I seriously can’t get over how adorable they are.

And I also bagged a drake this evening...which was extremely chaotic, featuring a spino attack, a couple purlovias and a narrow escape from a reaper queen. But he’ll be a great meat farmer and I’m quite pleased to have found him.

3797E76E-6CF9-4A53-B351-9D2D68733B80.jpeg

DDE6A4F8-3595-4A0B-A25A-070B3E852398.jpeg

2B0266C3-DFF4-4DA5-8804-0876BB3D8A4C.jpeg

5F617A95-41D0-4DE8-88C6-46DA0F00F5A2.jpeg

• Like 1

Did some science and had a go at the Aberration boss - with intention of rolling back regardless of outcome as an experience to work out what tactics/mounts etc. we might end up using.  Lost the battle twice, 4 man team each with a mount and a bulb pet. 

First attempt on Megalos we got pretty far but ultimately lost our glow pets to the heat seeking "gas" balls before the Reaper Kings spawned and then without assistance from a light debuff we were unable to kill the reapers and continue with the boss tentacle/heart routine.

2nd attempt we went in with Megalos for 2 of us and other 2 were on Drake and Reaper King - lost again.  Again losing pets to the gas balls - must get better organised and take care of these things quicker or maybe take in a charge lantern for when we lose our bulbs and Reapers spawn.

Rest of the weekend I mainly just hatched hundreds of glowtail eggs and got some pretty exotic looking ones - lots of blue/green/yellow combinations, some basic reds.  I also did a couple of metal runs and breeding of our Valentines bigfoots - nice red highlights to them after breeding out the bright pink that the original had.

We moved to the red wood forest and besides all the dangerous Dinos I’m loving it. I tamed a lvl 60 terror bird for travel and tamed an archaeopteryx, I was jumping off of rocks trying to find out how to glide when I realized it was a micro raptor! Any way we got a ton of metal to smelt for better tools and decided to turn a lake area into our base, really handy because it has a bunch of saber tooth salmon for prime fish and just normal fish meat for my baryonyx which is on really low health.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Gogohorse said:

We moved to the red wood forest and besides all the dangerous Dinos I’m loving it. I tamed a lvl 60 terror bird for travel and tamed an archaeopteryx, I was jumping off of rocks trying to find out how to glide when I realized it was a micro raptor! Any way we got a ton of metal to smelt for better tools and decided to turn a lake area into our base, really handy because it has a bunch of saber tooth salmon for prime fish and just normal fish meat for my baryonyx which is on really low health.

How do you mix a Microraptor and an arch up? xD

Was a low key weekend

The server is still recovering from the 3x event though as Sunday ended I have not encountered a tame cap issue. I know one of the larger tribes (ex-tribemate) moved a bunch of his dino's to a secondary server. I'm mixed on this. While I'm glad to have the cap reduced to be able to progress, this exact thing is something we'd hate on our server. His decision so I'm analyzing something out of my control. Kind of a pointless. Into the happenings.

Raises:

I had cooked down something like 36 Rex eggs but was mostly interested on seeing if I could get a 12.5k hp, 449 melee male to breed with the lot. I did not but I did hatch a level 290 female giving me two 449 melee females. She got the 12.5k hp, 2226 stamina, 940 weight, and 449 melee plus it cleaned up a mutation side. I'll breed her and the original with our clean male (9900 hp, 2226 stamina, 940 weight, 385 melee). The majority of the eggs came from the 12.5k hp, 414 melee male. I hatched some of them but was only going to keep any that got a hp mutation. None did. 

I also popped a few of the Argy eggs looking for a hp and weight combo. One female got it so that helps both our tribe and server cap. She finished this morning so I was able to get rid of one hp female and one weight female. I'll keep the original single stat Argy's until I get about 20 stat eggs and a male and another female of the unmutated combo. 

I have two fridges of hatchable eggs as well as a fridge of trade eggs so I'll keep breeding to get eggs and slowly hatch looking for desired stats. 

Trades:

I did a lot of these this weekend mostly for metal building pieces as we upgrade our main base. 

Adult Quetzal, hatch 8500 hp, 2320 stamina, 1648 weight. This was the last of the not full stat eggs. The tribe that really gave us our big inside into the trade market on legacy when they transferred all their stuff to us, started playing again. I happened to notice and sent a little message to them joking about how they can't escape. lol. They did so much for us that I gave them an old Wyvern we didn't use, an ugly anky we were just gonna kill, and when it was done I traded this Quetzal at half price to them. They now got one of the better hatch weights on the PvE market so I am sure they'll be up and running again in no time. We got 150 metal ceilings for it. 

I'm out of the saber business. I really want to focus on the "harder" raises like Yuty's, Quetzal's plus my Argy project so I noticed a guy looking for higher hp Saber's on my FB trade group. he had a decent line with 940 stamina and 380 melee. I reached out to him and offered our full stat female (2250 hp, 980 stamina, 387 melee) plus our high weight male (364 weight) for a fractional cost of 100 metal ceilings and 50 metal walls. I held on to our melee male and am giving him to an ally on our server who has a nice saber line himself (2300+ hp, 1000+ stamina). 

I also moved on from Ravagers. I gave them to my tribe mate and he took them back to Abberation. We now only have the two at the desert base for transporting stuff around as that build continues. 

Two male Yuty's. These actually sold fairly quickly after I posted them on FB. A lot of people are getting to boss fight level so looking for top Yuty's to bring into the fight. actually had a nice discussion with another Yuty raiser who was very interested in our stamina. He has 10k hp and an impressive 373 melee stat on his line. I told him I have 2 eggs saved for him so just waiting for him to reach back with walls/ceilings. The adult Yuty's went for 400 metal walls apiece. 

A couple of our thorny Dragon eggs for a guy who was on our server but moved on to another. Recurring theme here. Our server needs a lot of work. Too many roll backs and too much lag plus hitting the dino cap every breeding event. 100 metal walls. 

A cyan colored boss theri egg. It's great to have the combo guaranteed. Since I have my Argy project going strong right now I traded one egg for 200 stego kibble. A win win for me and the guy. 

Xmas Wyvern plus 4 boss Theri Eggs with cyan color mutation. This was with a big trader on my FB group and a guy who progressed very well, very fast, so is just acquiring the cool stuff currently. He trades in Tek mostly so after some back and forth negotiations we came to a tek generator and 3 tek troughs for the wyvern and eggs. patience paid off here on that wyvern. The tek troughs are of course awesome and it's going to make raising Yuty's and Quetzal's so much easier while I'm on my 12 hour shifts during the week. Just need to raise some Rex's to make sure we can farm element consistently. 

There were a few minor trades too again mostly in metal building pieces. 

I'm not much of a builder but luckily I am just mostly replacing, though squaring up some areas, pre-existing pieces. We are going with a Cyan and Slate color pattern. I'll post pics of that build when it is done so could be next month, lol. 

Tames: I only tamed one dino and it got a terrible stat roll. I went out argy hunting the last 2 days. Have knocked out about 20 of them but only one had a good pre-tame stat. 35 points in weight (680) so with an average stat roll it would put in 11 points (was a 145 tame) giving us 46 points in weight. We currently have 45 so it would of represented a small bump. I tamed it on 1x so while it starved down I had trapped and knocked out a few additional Argy's but none with good enough stats. I came back, tamed it out and it got 4 points added into weight. 712 if I remember correctly. Man I swear RNG hates me sometimes. I killed it right away and continued my hunt but with no luck.

On the docket:

I'll keep breeding and cooking down eggs. i have an extended break over the Easter holiday so planning on doing several Yuty's and Quetzal's. They started a bonus 2x event last night so I'm going to put building on hold and mostly tame and harvest resources duirng the rest of the week. only play about 3 hours a night during the week so it's a nice little perk. I've already farmed about 12k ings in 2 trips since last night so I plan on filling both vaults at obsidian island by Friday. This weekend I'll hatch more Rex's looking for that 449 melee male and a hp mutation. I'm also trying to organize another boss fight with that same tribe since my tribe mate lost his character and they have a member that lost his character due to extreme roll backs this past Saturday and some on Sunday. I have a few spare Rex's around (6 I think), a lot of ammo, really good AR's I can make (252 bp and my crafting character on the island) and about half the artifacts needed yet plus can bring in the Yuty. That'll get us element to keep the generator running and them the engrams back. 

See ya next week. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 1

Short version: ran around tamed two crabs level 72 @ 162, bred up a ravager, went to figure out a new base location in the bio luminescence with my cliff platforms, planned my trip to the rad zone by building 6 sets of suits and working on some vaults, cooked up metal/gasoline, made a crap load of darts, and finally made my feeding station

• Like 1