So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Today I updated my servers that I own the hardware for. A lil sad for the character limit, but okay. And then I mined a bunch of metal, and then traded most of that to get some rex eggs. Because I actually have people who play on the servers, that trade. And there is no way in hell I am going to cheat myself out of a fun game, by creating stuff with admin. Anybody remember Leisure Suit Larry? Apparently if you typed cheat into console, it would roll credits and congratulate you for winning the game. This is essentially what cheating does.

This Week on Aberration (A collection of short stories.):

Dream Come True: Follow up to my last post reporting breeding a pure gold male wyvern, when he matured I set out on my quest to get my queen dragon. It took two tries. The first was another male that I named Mithras. After consideration I ended up giving him a bit of a makeover - I left his gold wings and orange undertones and made his body brown. Since I didn’t need another gold male, I’ve decided to make versions of all the dragons from the “Dragon Riders of Pern” novels...he’s now my version of the bronze dragon. And I’ll ultimately do brown, blue and green...all fire wyverns of course, since they’re my favorite.

A second try with a guaranteed golden baby finally made my dream come true...I got my naturally born queen dragon, whom I’ve named Ayumi. It means “follow your own path” - one of my favorite names. Laugh at me if you want, but I got a little misty-eyed when she was born.

Lost Its Charm: Well, I had one of the most terrifying things to ever happen to me in Ark occur this week. I love Aberration and I’m spending all my time here, but much like the Scorched Earth weather events, the earthquakes have soundly lost their charm.

They were already getting annoying...basically making me stop everything I’m doing for 90 seconds or so until it’s over. But the breaking point was when I was just entering the trench from the bioluminescent chamber, and paused to wait for the silly earthquake to end sort of close to a ledge, but I’ve always been decent at correcting my movements during the event.

Not so much on that day. I got tossed off the edge and went tumbling downward. Falling, flailing and trying to right myself with my glider. Long story short I hate heights, falling, get bad vertigo and fell from the end of the bioluminescent chamber to the freaking rock drake eggs. Not. Fun.

Safe to say I’m over the earthquakes.

Everything is Better with Dragons: So as I said I love Aberration and am quite happy in my home, but I found I was somewhat lacking things to hunt to tame, so I decided I would reinstall one of my favorite mods, Dragons and Enhanced Creatures. When I made the move to PC one of the things I was most excited about was a mod with tameable dragons, and this one won me over from the selection with the wide variety of available dragons, but in particular it was the whelps that sold me: tiny little shoulder dragons smaller than a dimorphodon.

As I’ve referenced the novels above, the same novels also had fire lizards - tiny little shoulder dragons. You all may have gathered the great impact the novels had on me when I was young, and my ongoing love of the series meant OF COURSE I wanted tiny shoulder dragons.

Well, long story short it appeared the mod wasn’t working on Aberration. My skeleton crew and barely formed Outpost on Ragnarok revealed it was working there, but several dino wipes and careful combing of Aberration didn’t turn up even one creature from the mod. I was disappointed but figured I could start developing my Ragnarok game and get my fill there, and returned to business as usual at home base.

I was down in the Trench doing my usual thing...on this day it was seeking out dung beetles to start my farm. I was meandering along with my eyes more or less on the ground, caught flapping wings out of the corner of my eye and paid it no mind, since I was used to the seekers.

Then, in what I imagine was a quite cartoonish fashion I stopped dead in my tracks as my mind registered, “Wait...those weren’t seeker wings...”

It was a whelp! I leapt into action, glad I always keep taming supplies on hand...bola’d him, tranq’ed him and a couple of pieces of prime later I had a fire whelp! I named him Eros and was so thrilled.

The mod had some major stability issues a while back, so I haven’t had it installed for a while, and thus haven’t had whelps in a while. But as of now I have a small pod of the cutest things you’ve ever seen.

Everything is better with dragons.

Continued...

This Week on Aberration (continued):

Kept My New Year’s Resolution: So there was a thread on here asking about your Ark new year’s resolution, and mine was to diversify my breeding, since before I’ve only ever raised wyverns and bred dimorphodons.

Here at the start of February, I don’t really count wyvern breeding with the S+ mutator, but to join my wyverns and dimorphodons I’ve added featherlights, and growing up on the nursery level as we speak I have a baby sheep and unicorn foal being raised along with Mithras and Ayumi. Next on deck I want to keep going with my featherlights and breed my otters.

It’s nice to have options now that I’m a more confident breeder. I’ve come a long, long way from my first dimorphodon baby.

It was a haphazard, small room with five air conditioners and four campfires...five refrigerators full of meat and two waiting troughs. I did so much homework. Every video I could find, but I was so, so scared because in one of the videos I watched I saw an unprepared breeder have a baby dimorphodon die and it was one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen.

I was so terrified I’d fail too I was almost too scared to try at all. I had carefully selected my birds, and sat literally for hours looking at my pair, eventually told my friends and family not to bother me, and for good measure turned off my phone. Total, absolute focus. Absolutely no distractions. I was shaking so badly...and I was glued to that baby bird with an intensity that’s hard to describe. Her name was Prodigy, and she’s with me to this day on Xbox.

It would have been hard for that me to imagine that I’d ultimately grow confident enough to have multiple babies growing up at the same time. The me that LOST HER MIND in a total panic at my first dimorphodon triplets wouldn’t have willingly welcomed that stress again. Megaera, Tsisiphone and Alecto...also safe and sound to this day. I’ve never lost a baby.

Nowadays breeding is my greatest joy and relaxation in Ark.

The Case of the Defective Basilisks: So this week I finally lucked out and found a basilisk over level 100 - a 116 who introduced herself by being so pigheaded about my offering she almost made me late for my imprinting. I did get her though...named her Renenutet and brought her home to the hangar for large dinos...and every day since I’ve sent friends and family pictures of the weird things this snake does. From partially sitting up with her head at an awkward angle down to sitting straight up so her head is sticking through the top of the next level, six stories up, I think my mythical snake monster might be defective.

And last night I was on the hunt for cute shoulder critters in the trench, and noticed something...odd, at the top of a tree. Specifically the tail of a burrowed basilisk magically at the top of the tree.

As I investigated the hilariously broken basilisk my spyglass revealed it was another 116 female. And while I didn’t *need* another basilisk I thought my defective Renenutet might like a defective sister for company. She was more obliging about the tame than the former, and I’ve named her Wadjet.

But I’ve also now committed to finding a third female, because there are three Egyptian snake goddesses, and now that I have two I want the set.

/ End This Week on Aberration.

Our goals this weekend were getting a s+ tek replicator and s+ tek generator built. After hours of farming materials for element (element ore, red gems...ect) as well as farming black pearls and polymer we had our 1st pieces of tek, but the replicator is way too big to fit on our crafting floor, so we put it on the roof, which gave us another project, building a 3rd floor, lol.

We also managed to build a couple of tek sleeping pods, and an indy forge and chemistry bench. 

So basically we farmed, farmed, and farmed some more this weekend, but pretty much used everything we farmed, so now we need to spend this week replenishing and finishing the 3rd floor.

In the middle of all this farming we also raised a 134 female and 142 male drake, which we plan on pumping weight into for black pearl and red gem runs

Well, this weekend wasn't the best :P 

First, I log on and my last tribe member abandons and joins another tribe (which I think is alpha), and then they wipe my allies base. They then proceed to cage me, and I face it with a bunch of humor, which I think led to them releasing me. I said "Did we skip the trial and go straight to sentencing? That's a shame, I always wanted to see what court was like." Then, some random person who was apart of a good tribe randomly became my lawyer and actually PAID a 150 yuty to release some random person. They were really nice. I asked them if I could join their tribe, and am still waiting for an answer.

Yay, fun weekend!

(Btw, narco berries are yum in my tum and I love getting caged and hit in the head with a club...)

• Haha 1

Last night I mainly claimed a new baby Drake (s+ mutator enabled) at base level 231 no idea its stats as I wasn't expecting it and was busy at the time exploring the building options of S+.  Hep shouted whilst I was building the new community house "If you come claim this new baby I will take care of the rest!" so I did just that.

I then completely lost track of time when making up the 4 corner "cicular" towers - front ones with S+ ramps, changed to stairs to create a custom spiral staircase with vault storage and the rear 2 housing Industrial Forges.

Base floor will be the main crafting/storage area with the 2nd floor working as a  personnel area with beds, furniture (what little exists in ARK) and some storage for personal items such as armor/weapons/food and viewing balconies on each side made with glass walls to look out over the yard.

Tonight I plan on finishing the 2nd staircase and starting to organise the base floor before adding a ceiling to 2nd to make a start on the 3rd greenhouse/drake storage floor.

Pictures to follow when it's more complete but I'm liking the s+ stuff so far. 

Edited by MirageUK

3 hours ago, AodxIISTONE said:

he means ungodly lol noob rekt poow pwoow

Ermm... ok?

2 hours ago, Jay1077 said:

I am on a New Server and try to live only on the desert from Ragnarok. And i will only Use the Dinos from there. I build on a cliff and like my New Base. Tamed a megatherium for start and After it 2 thyla. Perfect start to explore. 

Cool! I was like that on Rag a week ago till I got wiped by my own tribemate...

6 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

Last night I mainly claimed a new baby Drake (s+ mutator enabled) at base level 231 no idea its stats as I wasn't expecting it and was busy at the time exploring the building options of S+.  Hep shouted whilst I was building the new community house "If you come claim this new Mega I will take care of the rest!" so I did just that.

I then completely lost track of time when making up the 4 corner "cicular" towers - front ones with S+ ramps, changed to stairs to create a custom spiral staircase with vault storage and the rear 2 housing Industrial Forges.

Base floor will be the main crafting/storage area with the 2nd floor working as a  personnel area with beds, furniture (what little exists in ARK) and some storage for personal items such as armor/weapons/food and viewing balconies on each side made with glass walls to look out over the yard.

Tonight I plan on finishing the 2nd staircase and starting to organise the base floor before adding a ceiling to 2nd to make a start on the 3rd greenhouse/drake storage floor.

Pictures to follow when it's more complete but I'm liking the s+ stuff so far. 

Ay! New update!

Cool, where do y'all find this time? xD 

33 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

Ay! New update!

Cool, where do y'all find this time? xD 

It helps having active tribe members to help out.  I'm currently using all resources and spending all my time in base building whilst Kiki works on harvesting and keeping me stocked up and Hep works on breeding.  

I generally play between 18:00-22:00 and the other guys play a little later covering 20:00-02:00... although last night I got hooked and was on myself until almost 1am.

Edited by MirageUK

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

It helps having active tribe members to help out.  I'm currently using all resources and spending all my time in base building whilst Kiki works on harvesting and keeping me stocked up and Hep works on breeding.  

I generally play between 18:00-22:00 and the other guys play a little later covering 20:00-02:00... although last night I got hooked and was on myself until almost 1am.

Oh, cool!

Came back to a server 3 months after last logging off, tamed iguandon, farmed narco, tamed ptera, mutton tamed low griffin, mutton tamed low quetz, grabbed low level doed, anky and mamoth and built a cube to house them all.

it was a looong day, let the real grind begin.

Edited by Zambezi
  • Like 1

So lately I've been trying to tame dinos that I never have before. (Single Player - PS4) so this weekend I tamed my first Rock Golem .... yes, nearly a year after I started playing,  I finally tame a Rock Elemental! It was only a level 12, but I enjoyed him so much, that last night I finally took on that 112 Golem that has been sleeping not far my base for weeks. I played for about 6 hours last night, but I finally got him tamed. Came out as a Level 161. 

Also, I have been building a huge new base on the S.E. map. By far the biggest base I've ever had, and I am just loving it. I done about 90% of it with out Admin Commands other than FLY. But I did accidently destroy a load bearing piece and had a portion of the building come down too. So instead of grinding out the resources again, I did spawn in the stuff I needed to re-build the broken part.

On 06/02/2018 at 12:15 AM, DrChicken24 said:

Lol, did you do anything?

No not that day, that just about summed  it up.....O.o However today I took my spino (Gorgo) on a oil and pearl run, being single rate we didn't achieve much, although we killed lots of piranha and sabertooth salmon which went towards feeding the rest of the kids back at base. Then I got DC'd and thought **** it!o.O