So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Quiet night. I'm a little at a loss at the moment after finishing my surface build man-cave but literally outside our base on fertile lake was a 125 male Karkinos - looking up the map scrape data I see it has 31 points in melee pre tame and decide to take it down.

I jump on my rock drake, dino gateways equipped in hotbar and take aggro from the Karkinos - get it to follow me next to one of the "steps" of land where I stay mounted and surround it in gateways before jumping out of the way to setup the catapult.

Catapult set on the hill it looks like it's in a good position and I begin... whoosh, smash, whoosh, smash, whoosh, smash... I stop, it is looking very colourful as blood seeps from most of its body so I dismount and pull out my magnifying glass to check. Ooops - only 2k Torp but down to 343 HP.  The catapult hits for 250 each shot so one more would have likely killed it but I'm still 3.5k short on the torpor to KO it.

I leave the area in hopes that it will heal quickly - no such luck.  I return and torpor nearly empty but only got 1.5k HP.  I decide that it might heal if it eats something so return my drake over the base wall and come out on our existing Karkinos - Christine Cringle.  I pick up a couple of dodos in each claw and smash them into the ground to kill them off where I then jump off, grab a corpse and try get it to the trapped Karkinos.  The Karkinos gets angry, smashes the ground taking the dodo fro my hands and picking me too - I manage to "glide" and escape from its clutches.

Re-checking this with the magnifying glass its HP is going up rapidly this time whilst its torpor is nearly almost empty.  I wait for it to fully heal and re-mount my catapult to try again. Same again, it's HP nearly fully drained but Torpor still 2k short of my target to KO.

I grab another dodo, kill it and drag to the Karkinos - it eats and HP heals fast and upon fully healing the torp is still 2.5k!!... I re-mount, 3rd time lucky and it goes down with 1.5k hp left!! I wait until its ready, stuff turtle kibble down its throat and saddle it to jump the wall into base.

After gaining some levels it's now almost 9k hp, better weight than our existing and hits for 301 points when mate boosted.

karkinos.jpg

Edited by MirageUK
Added screenshot of new Karkinos stats.
  • Like 1

Big breeding weekend, trades of course, and some hunting for tames. 

Tames;

I built a new trap up near our worker barn on Dead Goon Preserve. With the Argy buff coming I started looking for a higher base weight than what we have though was unsuccessful. I did tame a 150 that had a good chance for higher hp, though it fell short. It's a solid all around bird. Our current high's are 3.5k hp, 1280 stam, 760 weight, 408 melee but those all came from different birds. This one bird had 3.2k hp, 1220 stam, 736 weight though the melee was only 346. Just a solid bird and I'll hold him because he'll sell once the Argy buff comes.

So my trap is fairly simple (crude drawing included) and can double as a Saber trap. 2 dino gates on either end, stone door frames are the walls, reinforced doors on the lower door frames to protect your tame, and a metal ramp to drop down the back and exit a side door with the Saber trapped nowhere to go and the Argy gets turned around and stuck as well.

5a73074b82f8e_argytrap.thumb.jpg.22201770812be0f1cd823319274b8112.jpg

It's designed for a mount too with the back entrance but at 500 hp and 190 stam I can tank most damage to get these things in the trap on foot. I knocked out quite a few Sabers but nothing worth taming and I knocked out a few decent Argy's in other stats but am conserving my Stego kibble for the higher weight chances. I may tame 2 more Stego's to up that egg increase. 

I did knock out a few Rex's as well but my main focus was breeding, so outside of the one Argy nothing else got tamed this weekend. 

Trades;

There were a bunch and some are in the work. I traded mostly for mats as I stayed on the preserve for a big chunk of the weekend and didn't really get out to farm. My tribe mate needed vaults for the new desert palace, which is coming along nicely; 

5a73072a97d0f_noentrance.thumb.jpg.cca204041d686cbc784326da3d8338c7.jpg

runway.thumb.jpg.2488cb5f9e3be2ee5fc563ab8dfed6df.jpg

, so I moved one of my original female Yuty's with the high stam but lower hp for 8 of them with a guy I had previously traded with.  It was perfect timing since he messaged me about Yuty's right after my tribe mate asked about vaults. 

I moved a few of the weight Quetz eggs, some Wyvern's (shortly after they finished and on my server too which surprised me), studded out my one male Rex, a Thorny Dragon egg, a couple of the guranteed Yuty eggs, and a couple of the xmas Argy's. A guy paid 4k cp for the one 150 tamed but lost it about 3 hours later to some Wyvern's. He asked if I had another so I moved the high melee one who also had good weight (he was looking for weight). He originally asked if I'd raise him one but I was booked with my raises so I told him I'd move that second one for 4k more cp. I hope he keeps that one alive. If not I have the 135 xmas and the 150 I tamed yesterday to move. 

I have a few trades on the dockets yet.

I have a nice blue shell anky egg coming, a yellow shell egg, a red bary egg, and a purple/pink/blue argy. For those I am raising our new magenta tipped green spike anky's and one each of our red and purple spike doedic's. The bary is OP and hatches with 4.5k hp and 434 melee so I'm willing to trade grown for eggs with those stats. 

I have some people grinding out some building pieces for the 150 kibble tamed xmas beaver and the 234 beaver raise mating pair I've had. I realized they were just sitting there and our Thorny's are so good, it doesn't make sense to hold onto them. The building pieces will go towards our new flyer barn which I placed some behemoth gates on this weekend.

Raises;

I was pretty fortunate with my raises this weekend. I hatched two Quetzal's, both male. A level 220 and a level 233, both with all the stats (9996 hp, 2400 stam, 1648 weight). They were just shy of adolescent this morning. I'll move the 220, and have already had several people just on my server inquire about it, and make the 233 my breeder with the two females. I don't think I'll be able to hatch 10 at a time like on legacy anymore and I'm not sure what their utility is going to be after the Argy buff but I'll raise a few here and there as there seems to be interest. 

I finally got the the new Ravager hp (3100) with the melee (240) albeit on two females. Everybody wants Drakes and Reaper's though so the Ravager program is more of a personal thing for the time being. I did take out a pack of 5 of them and 4 vultures this weekend for fun and we destroyed the peninsula. I will probably breed a few every weekend but only keep stat mutations going forward. 

I hatched a mating pair of 262 Anky's this weekend and am so happy. Magenta tipped abberant green spikes (not from Abberation but a color that seems to fit that motif) and all of our high stats (7140 hp, 945 stam, 460 weight, 387 melee). Seems to be a lot of interest in that color, one guy is giving me a 230 melee pink Giga egg for a male raised, so a few of my trades were centered around getting colors to add in. I got a yellow belly Anky, a blue shell Anky, and a yellow and blue shell Anky (eggs) through separate trades plus the trades still in the work mentioned above. It'll be fun trying to combine all those color's. 

5a7306cf0285b_magtipgrnspike.thumb.jpg.0ab29ca00806412216738414848aa3aa.jpg

I cleaned up a Rex side when I hatched a male with the 12.5k hp and 414 melee I acquired in a different trade and combined it with our 2226 stamina, though I missed the weight. Still it gives me guaranteed hp and melee stats if I choose but also the ability to breed for stat mutes since I have 6 females with 0 mutations and 6 with only 3. This is kind of old though now as over the weekend I did trade for a 12.5k hp and 449 melee egg. I'll hatch it this upcoming weekend and see what we get. 

My highlight raise this weekend though was a Yuty. I hatched a few eggs seeing if I could get a stat bump and I got a stat bump and a color mutation. 

5a7306ad313d0_bluelimbyuty3.thumb.jpg.6ac4fb83fd8fca5b4b6f6e8a3496c68b.jpg

Hp bumped from 9900 to 10.3k with the 2184 stam and the 331 melee. A lot of interest in this. I have already set up a trade for a yellow fur Yuty, in different regions of the face and body, and have decided to look for a pink stripe so I can make a lemonade Yuty. Very happy with this one and like the Quetzal's, was just shy of adolescent this morning. 

I also grinded out some ammo this weekend and will the rest of this week as we prepare to hit the caves for artifacts this upcoming weekend. We're hitting them all too. I have 4 vultures with 2k hp and 500+ melee for the ice cave, am working on rockets for the lava golem, and we decided to go with compound bows over sniper rifles for the puzzle labryinth so getting more metal arrows. 

I plan on addiitional harvesting and light breeding this upcoming weekend plus I am sure many more trades. 

Until then...

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 10:10 PM, AdligerAdler said:

Tried to get used to the rock drake controls. Not so easy. You can use the super jump only when you're climbing? And only super jump in certain directions? I already see myself failing when attempting to steal my first drake egg with it.

*Is riding Rock Drake* *Wants to get his first Rock Drake with a Rock Drake*

Been away for nearly a month.  Got sick, super sick, that included Vertigo, so even playing on PS4 or watching movies was too difficult.  It was worse that having a base filled with Pegos and Leeches.

Started playing on my Scorched map, and on my first Scar run, I found a 134 Fire Wyvern egg. So I spent the better part of a week raising that. (I'm on Single Player).  Well that took waaaaaay too long, and so I know that a few months back, someone posted their ideal Single Player Settings to enable max % imprinting on babies, yet doing it quickly.

I searched the forums using various keywords, but no luck finding the post.  So, if you read this, and you have a suggestion for good Single Player settings to enable me to raise and imprint dinos without having to spend multiple days on one Wyvern, I would be very grateful.

By the way, on my maiden voyage out with the new Wyvern, I thought I had tried to land on a rock edge. unforntunately, I actually landed, and then immediately walked off the edge. We fell to the ground below, and my Wyvern went from 13k health to 200HP!!!  The dang thing nearly died within 5 minutes of it reaching maturation!   I quickly flew her home, parked her next to some Piggies, and got her healthy.  But it was soooooo close to me throwing my controller right thru my TV!

Also, does anyone know ... if you Unclaim an imprinted dino .... and then re-claim, but with a different survivor character, do you keep the imprinting bonus?

• Like 1

Been away for nearly a month.  Got sick, super sick, that included Vertigo, so even playing on PS4 or watching movies was too difficult.  It was worse that having a base filled with Pegos and Leeches.

Started playing on my Scorched map, and on my first Scar run, I found a 134 Fire Wyvern egg. So I spent the better part of a week raising that. (I'm on Single Player).  Well that took waaaaaay too long, and so I know that a few months back, someone posted their ideal Single Player Settings to enable max % imprinting on babies, yet doing it quickly.

I searched the forums using various keywords, but no luck finding the post.  So, if you read this, and you have a suggestion for good Single Player settings to enable me to raise and imprint dinos without having to spend multiple days on one Wyvern, I would be very grateful.

By the way, on my maiden voyage out with the new Wyvern, I thought I had tried to land on a rock edge. unforntunately, I actually landed, and then immediately walked off the edge. We fell to the ground below, and my Wyvern went from 13k health to 200HP!!!  The dang thing nearly died within 5 minutes of it reaching maturation!   I quickly flew her home, parked her next to some Piggies, and got her healthy.  But it was soooooo close to me throwing my controller right thru my TV!

Also, does anyone know ... if you Unclaim an imprinted dino .... and then re-claim, but with a different survivor character, do you keep the imprinting bonus?

9 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Big breeding weekend, trades of course, and some hunting for tames. 

Tames;

I built a new trap up near our worker barn on Dead Goon Preserve. With the Argy buff coming I started looking for a higher base weight than what we have though was unsuccessful. I did tame a 150 that had a good chance for higher hp, though it fell short. It's a solid all around bird. Our current high's are 3.5k hp, 1280 stam, 760 weight, 408 melee but those all came from different birds. This one bird had 3.2k hp, 1220 stam, 736 weight though the melee was only 346. Just a solid bird and I'll hold him because he'll sell once the Argy buff comes.

So my trap is fairly simple (crude drawing included) and can double as a Saber trap. 2 dino gates on either end, stone door frames are the walls, reinforced doors on the lower door frames to protect your tame, and a metal ramp to drop down the back and exit a side door with the Saber trapped nowhere to go and the Argy gets turned around and stuck as well.

5a73074b82f8e_argytrap.thumb.jpg.22201770812be0f1cd823319274b8112.jpg

It's designed for a mount too with the back entrance but at 500 hp and 190 stam I can tank most damage to get these things in the trap on foot. I knocked out quite a few Sabers but nothing worth taming and I knocked out a few decent Argy's in other stats but am conserving my Stego kibble for the higher weight chances. I may tame 2 more Stego's to up that egg increase. 

I did knock out a few Rex's as well but my main focus was breeding, so outside of the one Argy nothing else got tamed this weekend. 

Trades;

There were a bunch and some are in the work. I traded mostly for mats as I stayed on the preserve for a big chunk of the weekend and didn't really get out to farm. My tribe mate needed vaults for the new desert palace, which is coming along nicely; 

5a73072a97d0f_noentrance.thumb.jpg.cca204041d686cbc784326da3d8338c7.jpg

runway.thumb.jpg.2488cb5f9e3be2ee5fc563ab8dfed6df.jpg

, so I moved one of my original female Yuty's with the high stam but lower hp for 8 of them with a guy I had previously traded with.  It was perfect timing since he messaged me about Yuty's right after my tribe mate asked about vaults. 

I moved a few of the weight Quetz eggs, some Wyvern's (shortly after they finished and on my server too which surprised me), studded out my one male Rex, a Thorny Dragon egg, a couple of the guranteed Yuty eggs, and a couple of the xmas Argy's. A guy paid 4k cp for the one 150 tamed but lost it about 3 hours later to some Wyvern's. He asked if I had another so I moved the high melee one who also had good weight (he was looking for weight). He originally asked if I'd raise him one but I was booked with my raises so I told him I'd move that second one for 4k more cp. I hope he keeps that one alive. If not I have the 135 xmas and the 150 I tamed yesterday to move. 

I have a few trades on the dockets yet.

I have a nice blue shell anky egg coming, a yellow shell egg, a red bary egg, and a purple/pink/blue argy. For those I am raising our new magenta tipped green spike anky's and one each of our red and purple spike doedic's. The bary is OP and hatches with 4.5k hp and 434 melee so I'm willing to trade grown for eggs with those stats. 

I have some people grinding out some building pieces for the 150 kibble tamed xmas beaver and the 234 beaver raise mating pair I've had. I realized they were just sitting there and our Thorny's are so good, it doesn't make sense to hold onto them. The building pieces will go towards our new flyer barn which I placed some behemoth gates on this weekend.

Raises;

I was pretty fortunate with my raises this weekend. I hatched two Quetzal's, both male. A level 220 and a level 233, both with all the stats (9996 hp, 2400 stam, 1648 weight). They were just shy of adolescent this morning. I'll move the 220, and have already had several people just on my server inquire about it, and make the 233 my breeder with the two females. I don't think I'll be able to hatch 10 at a time like on legacy anymore and I'm not sure what their utility is going to be after the Argy buff but I'll raise a few here and there as there seems to be interest. 

I finally got the the new Ravager hp (3100) with the melee (240) albeit on two females. Everybody wants Drakes and Reaper's though so the Ravager program is more of a personal thing for the time being. I did take out a pack of 5 of them and 4 vultures this weekend for fun and we destroyed the peninsula. I will probably breed a few every weekend but only keep stat mutations going forward. 

I hatched a mating pair of 262 Anky's this weekend and am so happy. Magenta tipped abberant green spikes (not from Abberation but a color that seems to fit that motif) and all of our high stats (7140 hp, 945 stam, 460 weight, 387 melee). Seems to be a lot of interest in that color, one guy is giving me a 230 melee pink Giga egg for a male raised, so a few of my trades were centered around getting colors to add in. I got a yellow belly Anky, a blue shell Anky, and a yellow and blue shell Anky (eggs) through separate trades plus the trades still in the work mentioned above. It'll be fun trying to combine all those color's. 

5a7306cf0285b_magtipgrnspike.thumb.jpg.0ab29ca00806412216738414848aa3aa.jpg

I cleaned up a Rex side when I hatched a male with the 12.5k hp and 414 melee I acquired in a different trade and combined it with our 2226 stamina, though I missed the weight. Still it gives me guaranteed hp and melee stats if I choose but also the ability to breed for stat mutes since I have 6 females with 0 mutations and 6 with only 3. This is kind of old though now as over the weekend I did trade for a 12.5k hp and 449 melee egg. I'll hatch it this upcoming weekend and see what we get. 

My highlight raise this weekend though was a Yuty. I hatched a few eggs seeing if I could get a stat bump and I got a stat bump and a color mutation. 

5a7306ad313d0_bluelimbyuty3.thumb.jpg.6ac4fb83fd8fca5b4b6f6e8a3496c68b.jpg

Hp bumped from 9900 to 10.3k with the 2184 stam and the 331 melee. A lot of interest in this. I have already set up a trade for a yellow fur Yuty, in different regions of the face and body, and have decided to look for a pink stripe so I can make a lemonade Yuty. Very happy with this one and like the Quetzal's, was just shy of adolescent this morning. 

I also grinded out some ammo this weekend and will the rest of this week as we prepare to hit the caves for artifacts this upcoming weekend. We're hitting them all too. I have 4 vultures with 2k hp and 500+ melee for the ice cave, am working on rockets for the lava golem, and we decided to go with compound bows over sniper rifles for the puzzle labryinth so getting more metal arrows. 

I plan on addiitional harvesting and light breeding this upcoming weekend plus I am sure many more trades. 

Until then...

Like your anky, picked up red leg crimson stripe today. He had a normal guy there as well who had 470 base melee so will pick him up today.

1 minute ago, gsneale said:

Like your anky, picked up red leg crimson stripe today. He had a normal guy there as well who had 470 base melee so will pick him up today.

Thanks. I got lucky with a mating pair. I hatched the green spike last week and I believe the magenta spikes the week before and mated them a few times (think I hatched 4 eggs) and two of them popped exactly how I wanted. I would love a melee mutation. I know on PS4 the current highest I have seen is 481 mutated with 469 natural. Those are PvP stats though. I don't knock out quite as many Anky's as I did but maybe should to try and find better melee (or trade for it). 

I did have a green leg armor mutation from awhile ago but that's been mostly phased out at this point. it was a different green so I think it would look awkward if it pops back up. I am hoping I can find the right additional color from these eggs I am getting to breed in. I'm not much of a color guy but the anky's are just for me at this point. I get plenty of metal with the ones I run so figure I can play with color's a bit. 

7 minutes ago, gsneale said:

Chasing argies myself, not having much luck. Best ive done is 43 points in health and 37 in weight.

Do you play on Ragnarok? I found the area below Wyvern cove (where i am set up) is chock full of Argie's and a lot of people don't go there since it is so close to the Wyvern cove. You can set a trap up in a couple places and kite them in and have free reign. everytime I do a meat run I spy at least a 145, often times a 150. 

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Ah, that woulda sucked.:P Are you playing on PS4? If so, you can just go to the settings on your single player ARK and change settings there. I believe there is a baby imprint, egg hatching, and maturation settings.

14 hours ago, Aushegun said:

The imprint only is attributed to the raiser/imprinter. 

Hope you're feeling better and looking forward to your continued stories. 

• Thanks 1

• Started making a wall at 37 50 on the island to make a base
  • Realised I sucked at making walls
  • Stopped after 1/8th of the way through
  • Went on ark forums to see if I could access the trading forums yet
  • Nope.exe
  • Posting in random threads in hopes that one day I will be able to trade dinosaurs...

Update:

• THIS WAS THE LAST POST, I'M A MEMBER NOW.
Edited by BennBruce