So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

On 12/21/2017 at 12:32 PM, Jabnlab said:

Today was kind of a 2 steps forward 1 step back day. Started out seeing a 120 roll rat near base. We cant make the saddle yet (we are only lvl 42), but wasnt going to pass up taming it so I ran to the nearest behive and stole honey and spammed 100 aggeravic mushrooms to just stay alive, and make it back with 20 hp out of 500, lol. I dont usually get hit that hard, but this time a swarm of bees spawned and chased me. So we tame the rat and had to remove a door to get him inside. Then we gather more stone wood and thatch for ceilings.

After we gather enough to make half our needed ceilings I spot an explorer note. We grab it for the xp boost and build the ceilings as well as 300 narcotics...then my server crashes with a roll back. Luckily we still had the roll rat, but lost the xp boost from the note. Went back to get it but it wouldnt let us grab it again. So we get the ceilings going again and I built and placed a sap tap and we log for the day.

So from now on im doing a /saveworld every time we accomplish something, lol. Wasnt a huge set back but the xp boost would have got us to the rat saddle quicker

"/saveworld" why did you put a / in that

Spent a 4 day weekend playing Ark, here's a summary of what I got done: 

First night: get home from work and hop on to take advantage of the boosted breeding, popped an anky egg, helped my tribemate keep his baby paracer fed, and helped him finish building our new hatchery building. 

Day one: log in to top off troughs, no big deal. There was an adventure. Three Megatherium and a thyla, a pretty mean pack, stomping from cave to cave trying to find Megalania to tame. No luck there, but we did wreck a couple alpha carnos.

Day two: breeding event extended, I log on just in time to see my tribemate's thyla being born. The miracle of life. There were also terror bird babies. A few other eggs were hatched, mostly looking for females and mutations, but those all met violent ends. Except my iguanadon egg, and a megalosaur. Those babies got raised. 

Day three: meat run. Troughs. Berries. All my babies are grown up, tribemates babies all eating from stocked troughs. Guess I'll go over to our Aberration server. Breed tribemates shinehorns tribemate breeds 3 ovis females as well, Tame bulbdog. Tame bulbdog. Tame bulbdog. Tame bulbdog. Pick mushrooms, tame bulbdog, feed babies. Twins from the shinehorn, but one died with food in inventory. One sheep starved because it fell through the floor. The rest made it to trough. 

Day 4: check center troughs, feed aberration babies, then the taming begins. Knocked out and mejo tamed three stegos, a 10, a 20, and a 75. Halfway through, I realized there are sacrosanct on aberration and I could be working on getting kibble. But I finish the tames. Knocking out a 90 iguanadon while I waited. Brought the stegos and iguanadons back, went out and spotted a 145 iguanadon, which is my new travel mount. 

Productive weekend, considering I also got my laundry and dishes done. 

I had a very slow fight with a lot of slow Ankylos. Started a new server. Buddy stole the egg, I looted his body. Guess the devs patched that one because I spent the next 10 minutes running my low level legs to exhaustion as I picked at trees and rocks making arrows in the most not-high-speed chase ever so I could finish shooting the whole herd for free hide.

Ah, to be a noob again.

A fairly eventful couple of days.

First, I finished the basic shell of my first base building. It's very plain for now, I plan to upgrade it later on with actual design and decor. I just wanted to get the design down and the walls up before anything else.

Yesterday I prepped gear for drake egg hunting, but it ended up being somewhat unnecessary. I had planned to do it the hard way but one of my tribemates took me over on his drake and we managed to get 2 eggs. A 200 and a 300. Since I was way ahead of schedule and both my tribemates were around to help, I went ahead and popped the eggs. 2 eggs, 3 drakes. Luckily the 300 egg had the twins. M and E both had to drop soon after so I raised them mostly by myself, with a lot of help from my spino.

I was pretty tired by the time they grew up but I still spent some time with my lower level drake, getting a handle on how to actually use one and building his stats up. This guy is going to be primarily a transport mount for gathering resources and stealing more drake eggs, so he got mostly stamina, weight some speed and a tiny bit of HP.

The other male will be my battle drake, and his twin sister will basically be my backup option since drakes are breedable on this server with the mutator thing. I do want better levels first though.

But, between the drakes and more breeding from M and E, there is almost no space left in the base. So this weekend's primary goal is going to be moving my animals out of the base and bringing them up to the new place, which means I also need to work on the pens. Also since I have drakes now, I want to start hunting for featherlights.

Guest LadyValkyrie

Finished finally dealing with the very long obelisk downloads.

Trying to up my good high level dinosaurs and expand more. I jumped some servers today and got to meet some cool people. Planning to get more dinos to add to my arresnal soon. 

And now just.. doing meat runs and berrry runs for my dinos. Fun times.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:08 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

See ya next week with some hopefully positive news across the board. 

So since I am still hoping to hold to this statement let me get the bad out of the way before my weekend. The last PS4 console update turned half of my protect dino's passive at my base so imagine my surprise when across my screen comes level 242 Rock Elemental killed by level 55 Allosaurus. 

I went running out my door to see 3 allo's working on my top non mutated Rex next and was able to hop on my Wyvern and dispose of them. 

I have declined to use overbearing behemoth, dino, and base walls because of Wildcards choice of server's, hardware, whatever that causes such massive lag when trying to load in even a normal size plain and boring square building which is what my base is. This should not be a problem because I had a 242 Rock Elemental (140 kibble tame)with 14k hp and 282 melee, a level 301 Rex with 25k hp and 700+ melee, and a 135+ kibble tamed Xmas Rex that I currently have at 540% melee with 12k hp set to neutral. On my roof I park a few Quetzal's and Wyvern's and have some of our 25k hp 650-700% melee as well as a few auto turrets to take out Argy's and if someone kites any Wyvern's to us. 

These guys are set to ignore group whistle so it wasn't errant whistling. 

Now to clarify when I say half I am going to show you a crude drawing. 

5a633105ab174_basedesign.thumb.jpg.aa9084d420386d24c026ece8630d6f02.jpg

I can't prove what my dino's settings were so there is no way to file a support ticket that will get me results. I can only know what I know and that is before the last update my Rock Elemental had killed a kentro, some allo's, and a saber that was attacking me at various times after the previous patch. I know this thing has soloed (without a rider just set to neutral) a 135 Alpha Rex that was around my area when I logged in one day. 

I don't know if it is related but I do know that side of my base is affected by the rag desert heat wave. I do not know how far down the peninsula that weather affect extends but I do know my Water Pen at the end of the peninsula the Basil's were still set to neutral (right side of photo, also same side as passive dino's at main base) as well as the Rex's up at the Rex/Breeding/Wyvern trap barn(left side of photo). 

5a63352db0bd5_land2descript.thumb.jpg.7526dbe1f129b1c8e2dbbf113b63b22c.jpg

Hey Wildcard,

While I want the difficulty of the game to be increased from the wild dino perspective, changing half of my dino's settings is not what I had in mind.

Can you stop finding ways to kill my crap by breaking your code and running insufficient servers? 

Thanks,

Yek

Got a lot done today. First thing I finished the preliminary design for my drake aerie and dino pen, moved all my animals in and took down the shack we were using as a FOB to get basic structures done. Spent a lot of time farming up and building and now have a Tek replicator and generator, and some other things generously donated by my tribemates, including 300 element to get up and running. We also did a massive metal run close to the surface, can never have too much.

Then I set off with help from a Tek transmitter's scan data and tamed not one but two max level Featherlights. Was even lucky enough to get a breeding pair. Recorded my stats, bred my birds, threw the egg down...and the egg fell through the map. Fantastic. So as excited as I am to have featherlights finally, I am very annoyed at losing my first bred egg on this server.

Decided that was enough Ark for the time being.

Haven't done a lot lately up until today beside taming some kibble dinos and gathering. Had an incident in the red zone yesterday. Had 4 or 5 reaper queens spawn at once, and ended up using admin commands to get out alive after I realized they had about 50k hp each. Not something I like to do, but 4 or 5 at once seemed insane and I wasnt losing our spinos over it. 1 or 2 I would have tried to fight.

Today our mission was to find the surface. So we loaded up 4 ravagers with extra food, gear, building supplies and ammo and headed out. After about an hour we found it on a 50% day/50% night and it was morning. So we kind of hung out until night. We built a 3x3x4 outpost with a few beds and tamed a few bulbdogs to keep at the outpost. Then we gathered some nearby green gems and crystal. At about 1500 we headed to the entrance and got ready.

So we were unsure if there was radiation at night, so I decided I would be the guinea pig. At about 1830 the fire stopped so I setup a couple of ziplines. Told my wife to hang out below. Threw on my hazmat, and slowly went up with my ravager. Got to the top...and all was safe :). So i hopped back down and we got the rest of the gang up.

We started harvesting element ore untill our ravagers were just about full (got about 1500 as well as a few hundred metal) Didnt run into too much trouble. Had a few seekers attack us but nothing our ravagers and some pump shotguns couldnt handle.

Before heading back we wanted to spend a few minutes looking for drops. Not 2 minutes into it I see something big pop out of the ground in the distance..."reaper...run"  I yell to my wife (thinking about our queen incident yesterday) I . So we haul butt to the entrance, hop down...and it follows. My heart is pounding, we were running as fast as our little ravagers could I hear it getting closer and closer until it reaches one of our following ravagers...so we decide to turn around and commit to a fight...and it went down in about 30 seconds. I breathed a sigh of relief, glad the kings wern't nearly as tough as the queens.

After that we headed home and started making element, but we only have enough red gems for 5, so we need to make another trip to the red zone for gems and to find black pearls so we can start making tek...but thats a project for another day

Edited by Jabnlab

What did we do in Ark today:

Get a new rock drake egg for a tribe member, in a more....challenging way.

We prepared three Ravagers, 20 mushroom soups each, 2 hazmat suits and some basic crossbows.
Using our network of ziplines, we made our way down the trenches to where the Rock Drakes are living, and managed to snatch a level 50 egg out.
Fighing for our lives, we succeeded in running all the way back upwards, only to have our tribe member fall from the zipline.....with the egg....

So we rushed to the base, getting our more matured Rock Drakes, dove into the trench and succeeded in recovering the tribe member and egg.
The ravager was sadly lost....

Had a couple days off last week due to my car not being able to ice skate so was a lot of time in ARK on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I started off spending a lot of time doing drake egg runs - got a few 150, 165, 170, 175 a 180 and finally a 190!!  Spent some time hatching and raising my 190 which came out with good weight/hp but not the best with stamina or melee -  welcome to the family RYU!

Got a couple of Basilisks and made up a storage outpost at the NE surface cave to store an Ankylo, a couple of Ravs (bags) and a vault to store raw metal - running over with a pack of ravs to empty and return to base when the vault was full.  Realising the potential for harvesting metal then spent some time collecting resources to expand our industrialisation - we're now up to 8 chemistry benches and a few fridges for our XP narcotics runs.  We also expanded the metal processing by adding 2 more industrial forges to our existing forge to make up 3.

Logged at weekend to find whilst I had a break the night before one of our tribe members decided to expand my 2nd floor of the community house by walling it up - placing walls purposely to wind me up with some having wood on inside, some on out.... spent some time fixing his "mistakes" grrrrrr. OCD triggers!!

Sunday after watching various videos and reading up I decided to upgrade both our servers to include the S+ mod.  Spent the next hour or two converting all our equipment to S+ so have better storage capacity and locks on everything now.

On 1/17/2018 at 9:36 PM, Cymas said:

Just so you know, all titans have the same level/stats.

Was pretty hype to get home and hop in the game, even if just for a couple hours.

Did a little farming and started working on the new base layout. Not doing too much substantial building yet but working out placement and such.

Most excitingly, I found a 280 female spino in the lake, got her down and tamed up solo this time since no one else was on. Pretty standard stuff, though she did manage to run off farther than most get from shocking darts. Her stats turned out pretty mediocre...except for melee, which ended up topping the old high roll by nearly 200. Not stat points, but melee points.  Pretty impressive and a very worthy find. The only downside is now M will have to rebreed his spinos if he wants to add her melee into his lines, which you would be crazy not to.

That was about it for me for the night but hey, that's plenty for one day. I am so happy with this map and its abundance of spinos, I really am. I can't wait to get set up and start my own breeding projects once we have the space.

FYI with the 99% Ragnarok update, the Canyon has lots of spinos and they're in evidence in other waters as well. I went and got three :D

On 1/17/2018 at 7:33 AM, Gogohorse said:

Today we found a titantosaur on Cragg’s island and while trying to check the level our game quickly turned into a comedy, how long have  therzinos been so common? And why are there so many compys and a Troodon (I think) and don’t get me started on the baryonyx... after all that we found it was level 4 and that there where a LOT of hostile Dinos where it was. But all in all it was pretty fun and we got a pelegornis tamed with prime fish meat (don’t ask me how long it took to get that.)

If you need prime fish, just walk a stego down a river with sabertooth salmon in it (or stand in the shallows with a Megaloceros) and hit one to pull the swarm. Thedinos are herbivores so hitting corpses does not harvest meat, so all the corpses will be there when you're done killing the swarm. All the prime feesh you could want :) 

Just now, Milsurp said:

If you need prime fish, just walk a stego down a river with sabertooth salmon in it (or stand in the shallows with a Megaloceros) and hit one to pull the swarm. Thedinos are herbivores so hitting corpses does not harvest meat, so all the corpses will be there when you're done killing the swarm. All the prime feesh you could want :) 

We killed a megalodon XD. Also what’s up with the salmon they don’t school on me, and they also have never given me prime fish meat. So I usually leave them alone.

P.S. Oh and also sometimes the one I hit doesn’t even attack me.

1 minute ago, Gogohorse said:

We killed a megalodon XD. Also what’s up with the salmon they don’t school on me, and they also have never given me prime fish meat. So I usually leave them alone.

P.S. Oh and also sometimes the one I hit doesn’t even attack me.

Really? Sometimes a saber salmon will run away at first, but it will be soon be back with friends - I think it's a mechanic to ensure aggro is spread. Enough of them can actually be dangerous to someone in flak armor, no lie. They don't always give prime fish, it's about one in three for me. But when you get a school, you're getting several corpses at a time so the prime adds up pretty quick.

I used to just walk a stego down a river and keep swinging, then jump off and harvest, then put the prime in the stego's inventory because it won't eat it. Now on Ragnarok I carry a megaloceros to the Viking Bay cave with an argie, stand it in the shallows and pop one and hop on. The resulting swarm is like 10-15 strong and the megaloceros just reks them with its AOE. More prime feesh than I actually ever need, really :D 

1 minute ago, Milsurp said:

Really? Sometimes a saber salmon will run away at first, but it will be soon be back with friends - I think it's a mechanic to ensure aggro is spread. Enough of them can actually be dangerous to someone in flak armor, no lie. They don't always give prime fish, it's about one in three for me. But when you get a school, you're getting several corpses at a time so the prime adds up pretty quick.

I used to just walk a stego down a river and keep swinging, then jump off and harvest, then put the prime in the stego's inventory because it won't eat it. Now on Ragnarok I carry a megaloceros to the Viking Bay cave with an argie, stand it in the shallows and pop one and hop on. The resulting swarm is like 10-15 strong and the megaloceros just reks them with its AOE. More prime feesh than I actually ever need, really :D 

Took out a ton and didn’t get a single prime from the entire school (none of wich aggroed)

On 1/22/2018 at 11:02 AM, Gogohorse said:

Took out a ton and didn’t get a single prime from the entire school (none of wich aggroed)

No idea why dude/dudette. I get all my prime fish from saber salmons, except for the latest which came from a lowbie squid which was pestering my basilosaurus. Hope that drop hasn't been changed, as a new player a high-level pelagornis is an excellent flyer tame and having prime fish readily available from the salmon has been a great thing.

Edit: I guess that drop has been changed or is bugged. I'm getting no prime fish from them with a 300% pick. It was also very hard to get the swarm going. Hitting one and letting it swim away did not result in the usual behavior of that one coming back and bringing its friends. I had to swim out and hit one in the middle of a school, then they swarmed. 

Sorry for the bad info, it's been working for me forever. 

Edit edit: I was an idiot using a pick. I know better, I have the sickle in the #1 hotbar slot ffs lol. I retested in the lake up to the west of VB. I hit one saber and swam away, it followed and attacked, and it started a swarm of them per usual. I was using the Megaloceros and trashed the swarm, then harvested with a 300% sickle. I got 6 prime fish from about 12 corpses. 

So it is still working, at least for me. FYI if you choose to tame one of those flying rats called an ichthyornis, its special ability is to get prime fish when you order it to retrieve a fish corpse. Best of luck!

Edited by Milsurp

Spent some time on single player planning builds for my base on official PVE ragnarok, since building is the only thing left you can really do on official PVE Rangarok. Can't tame, can't breed, can't do bosses (I need to breed my rexes first), and only so many times you can run Jungle/Snow/Labyrinth dungeon without getting bored.

Hoping for any miracle that makes WC solve this situation.

18 hours ago, Milsurp said:

Edit: I guess that drop has been changed or is bugged. I'm getting no prime fish from them with a 300% pick. It was also very hard to get the swarm going. Hitting one and letting it swim away did not result in the usual behavior of that one coming back and bringing its friends. I had to swim out and hit one in the middle of a school, then they swarmed. 

I have never got prime fish from Salmon with a pick and always use Sickle to harvest for prime fish meat.

After a disastrous weekend I am slowly recouping, repairing and upgrading.

First I finished upgrading my hazmat suit to ascendant. If I had done that in the first place I could have avoided so much trouble. So now I can stay in radiation zones pretty much as long as I need to without worry.

Having finally struck that off the list I did a quick scan check, a 300 spino was up. Went looking and didn't find, I suspect it was one of the deep water ones in the lake that never come up to breathe and eventually drown. Ark AI is special. I did find a consolation 280, but it didn't have any useful stats and was culled pretty much as soon as he stood up.

Finally, I took my new suit and ventured back into the red zone to look for a 290 featherlight. Found it relatively quickly and was relieved to find it was a female, like the one who met an unfortunate end before producing a single egg. So I tamed her up and brought her back home. Bred her with my male and popped the egg since small animals grow fast. Sadly she inherited junk stats from her parents, but on the bright side I can bring her anywhere with me and not worry about it if/when she dies, so I'm raising her. As soon as she hits juvenile I'm done for the night, playtime is scarce during the week.

Quiet night last night.  I found an alpha basilisk - level 80 - in the "easiest spawn" Portal area and after having to fully heal my drake twice it finally fell and the trophy was mine.  

I did a few runs to the drake pits and got myself another decent level egg - 185 - hatched, printed and grown. He came out with better bsae melee than our others but doesn't have the best stats in other areas. Points were allocated as follows: HP-26, STAM-29, MELEE-34, WEIGHT-33, FOOD-26, OXY-36

Out next highest with melee had 31 base points but was more rounded with similar stats in HP and STAM.

I then logged for the night to pick the wife up from college.