So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Today was moving day. Got all of our stuff and most of the dinos moved. We will get the rest of the dinos when we have something that can carry them. Learned a valuable lesson...dont leave home without a charge pet when living in the biolum. Had bulbdogs to pickup at our old base so we leave our new base without any. Get almost out of the biolum and one of our ravagers gets stuck...then we get swarmed by nameless. Must have killed 100 by the time we were able to gtfo, lol. Needless to say we are waiting to get a megalosaur to carry the rest back, lol.

Tonights plans are to build a taming pen and tame an anklo, pair of megalos, better doed and some shinehorns

Pretty productive night. Got our taming pen built, then tamed a lvl 127 anklo. Couldnt find a megalosaur worth taming though but we did tame a shinehorn and a couple more dung beetles.

After we tamed the anklo my brother mentioned an alpha crab was near his base so we decide to pay him a visit (at the fertile river near our old base) with our pack of 4 100% imprinted ravagers. As we made our way there my brother said a 225 sarco was getting pretty close to the doed he was taming...but rather then kill it we knocked it out to tame. As it was starving we quickly took out the alpha crab and gathered enough prime for the sarco and parked it at our old base for the night. Our plan is to take it to the fertile lake for pearl diving until we get an angler.

After the sarco we headed back to our base and finished the night by gathering the mats to make each of us hazmat suits, which were pretty expensive at our stage in the game. We had everything but crystal and poly, but poly was super easy because biolum ponds always have a few crabs to kill...but it took us an hour or so to get the crystal, but now my wife and i both have suits.

Our main goal tomorrow is to tame a pair of 150+ megalosaurs, and If theres time a spino or 2 as well. I'd also like to get some turrets up on our roof, had some stray rock drakes walking across it today, but thats not top priority. Our ravagers make short work of the but I cant say the same about our gathering dinos, lol

I've had a tough day or week on ark. Had to kick 50% of the tribe and start basically from scratch. It' hard being a TL anyone relate ? The balance of being friendly and nice with the contrast of being a c*** takes its toll on me. I don' want to fall out with people but man humans are hard work then... there is ark players lol but the 4 bases are up and running with the turret limit pushed to the max. Let' see if it holds up.

Finally lucked out and found myself a 145 female Megalo, so immediately bred her up with Fungus and got myself a nice 222 male baby, Orc, who kicks all kinds of butt.

Also nabbed a 135 male Anky, who I bred up with my female, not hatched it yet, but having a spare good Anky and a back up means that I can start to make my base in the Biolum. After much umming and ahhing, I finally settled on a location somewhere in the middle, up high at the end of one the stone bridges. It has everything I required in a location, a plant Z, a charge station, a gas node (actually 12 gas nodes!) access to lots of metal and crystal, and looks pretty as it has a large collection of giant glowy crystals. So far it's just a mining outpost, made a 6x4 shed to store an Anky, Roll Rat, Megalo and Doed with a load of forges and crafting stations. Looking to get an Industrial Forge up and running in the next day or so, and do constant metal and crystal grinding runs until I can start building in earnest.

Finally had to bite the bullet and venture into the red. With 12 gas nodes to plug I needed those red crystals, so took the Drake down for a very quick jaunt, only troubled by a single Purlovia. I really do need to man up and head down there properly though!

Life got in the way today. Hatched two 175 Ice Wyverns and 1 lightning Wyvern. Girlfriend broke down a few miles from home about 45 minutes before I needed to feed. Rushed out to help, got her car patched up, followed her home to make sure her car was okay.

I ran inside logged on and.... All three starved to death probably ten minutes before I got there....

My timer was off a bit too, regardless, a moment of silence for those three Wyverns please.

Well I posted earlier about taming a Therizinosaurus but when I got home it ended up gone. But, as luck would have it I found a level 120 running around my base and knocked it out, tamed it up without any interruptions and now have a really great harvester! Finally tamed my first rex as well, level 145 kibble tamed female, so excited! Ended the day making another 20 auto turrets for the base and getting all my other turrets filled to max. Looking forward to getting home tonight and finding a male rex with stats I like. Probably take a while but it will be worth it to finally get my breeding line set up for the boss fights. Wish me luck!

Started playing for the first time in about 5 months, Hopped onto one of the new abberation servers, Already doing pretty well, gathered a decent stockpile of metal and other materials (Thank you 3x). A stranger kindly gave me and my friend a decent ravager and we've since tamed another. not bad for a days work.

• Like 1

Not much time to write so Ill make it short. Lost our christmas iguanodon to a megalosaur while gathering mushrooms but I managed to take it out with a sword as revenge...the blue shield I found came in handy big time. Then we tamed a 187 male megalosaur, followed by a 217 male anklo and finally a 147 female megalosaur as well as several dung beetles and a few shinehorns.

Finished the day by visiting fertile lake for enough pearls to make a second fridge to hold our eggs

Our big plan for this week is to build a spino sized taming pen near the river and tame a couple of spinos for pearl diving...and eventually visiting the red zone

• Like 1

Well we found and tamed up a level 140 female Megalo to go with our 140 male - gutted to find that the un-ridden mega melee is so low it's pointless - less than 50/hit when mounted it does 400+ without imprint. We also found and tamed up a male level 140 Spino to mate with our 140 girl.

Spent some time mining the north east surface cave to stock up on metal to start building air-con units and make up a breeding pen.  So far we have made up 30 air-con units to make up 2 digital clock style 0's with space to do another 0 so we have 3 underfloor ready for some egg hatches.

My final act of 2017 was to KO a level 80 female Ankylo so we can start getting imprint kibble eggs - they really do need to provide a better alternative to unavailable kibbles - hours waiting and guarding this thing it tamed out at 23:58 just before the new year then I spent 25 minutes or so trying to get it safely back home before logging.

Tonight I want to try and get a pair of mated Baryonx then it's just Featherlight (which you can't currently kibble) and Drakes needed for the imprint kibble tames.

Today on Aberration: I rang in the New Year!

- I finally finished my formal home, and have tons of space to house my critters.

- Hatched my first rock drake; a lovely girl I named Phaidra.

- Found a river full of otters (!!!) and brought home every single one I saw, to the tune of six new furry friends. I finally cracked the code...I expected them to be on the shore, but nope. Bottom of the riverbed. I’m so excited.

- And rewarded myself for another successful mega-build by spawning in ten dimorphodons to start breeding with, because it’s just not home without dimorphodons. I spawned them until I had ten with nice colors, and now there are several dozen wild dimorphodons just loose on the map.

I’m super excited for 2018 at the Aberration Sanctuary. ?

• Like 1

Tamed a 140 mammoth. Got her home and crash to the dashboard... Finished feeding and took my Griffin over to a drop. Nothing good in it and crash to the dashboard... 

Fly to a new area I'm thinking about building a base at, get halfway there and crash to the dashboard... Log back in, get my Griffin to land, continue flight to possible new base location. 

Explore location, head back home to build some stuff and crash to the dashboard... 

Rage quit after I logged back in to get my body inside my base. 

Have now made my first couple of forays down to the Drake nests which was nerve racking at first but not too bad once I sussed out the proper route. Unfortunately it was to not much avail. My first trip not a single egg was to be found, second trip I managed to find a lvl 20 egg and ran like hell, third trip there was again a lvl 20 in the same nest as the first which I left and explored a bit deeper, found a 55 which did the old Wyvern egg thing of despawning when I picked it up. What's most annoying is that according to my Bulbdog the area is littered with high levels, but none of them seem to be creating eggs.

Other than that plenty of metal and crystal farming, I think my biolum base is going to be a metal and glass affair.

Bred up the Megalos again and failed once more with Spino breeding. I have one bred Spino who I keep mating with its mother. First time I ate the egg instead of dropping it, second time a Ravager dropped into my base and attacked stuff causing the baby to run away out of range of the trough and starved, and with this one I forgot to activate the S+ Nanny and only realised a second before it perished. That one was the most annoying as it had an awesome orange mutation and all my Spinos are boring green.

Bred up the Megalos and Spinos again, got 224 babies with both and the Spino finally survived, huzzah!

Another trip down to the Drakes and again only a sole lvl 20 egg to show for it. I think it's because people are grabbing eggs then running and we haven't had a dino wipe for a while so I may take a Spino down there and murder everything to try and force some spawns.

Hunting for Basilisks on and off and just not finding any, and the odd ones that I do find are crappy low levels. How I wish I could have an S+ Tek Transmitter :-(

I mainly spent the last couple of days attempting to safely tame and get a mated pair of Baryonx from the lakes in blue zone back to the lake in fertile zone.  Each time I would easily find the Baryonx, bola and KO it.  Each time I guarded it with my life and each time the stupid weak Baryonx would be killed on my way back... 3rd time lucky I finally got the male back safely.  The female we got home on the 2nd attempt.  Sneaky horrible Ravs are barely visible in the dark and would be the thing that caught me out the most as I would pass with my Spino then realise my Bary had taken a hit and was bleeding to Ravs.

After finally getting mate boosted Baryonx and mate boosted Ankylos for the imprinting kibble requirements I decided to load up my Spino with radiation soup and go explore more.  All was going well, through the blue biome finding some obsidian spots without having to go to the surface but then the purple radiation zone started. 

Its all very pretty and calm until suddenly I hear an almighty cackling raw and based on my experiences of the surface see what I believe is a Reaper King - WRONG!!! This thing is way harder than a king - it's my first introduction to a queen and it doesn't seem to be letting off or showing signs of blooded damage so I run.  Another spawns and now I'm getting absolutely ripped to pieces as i try to escape - acid, flying spikes and massive knockback I end up falling over the edge where seekers join in the fight until I'm dead.  What an experience!! Just glad that we got a few eggs before losing my breeding Spino.

• Sad 1

Tamed a Christmas karkinos lvl 120 and then rollback happened. Re tamed the rascal and it came out with different finishing stats. Use that info how you will.

While pulling around a horde of nameless in my quest for venom my game crashed. Logged in still alive, saw my crab had about 10% hp left and instantly crashed again. Logged back in to get spit on by an arthropluera and my hazmat breaks followed by an instant dc. Log in again with my other account (just in case it was a glitch spot) go kill my other char and save my barely alive tames. Only took me 2 hours to get 4 venom. That's a new record! Saved babies 

Collected gems off of roll rats around my base because im just to afraid to walk more than 200 feet away now.

Stared at a wall while contemplating ark gains and losses. 

My friends are back, so the server's up and running again and we've manage quite a lot during our sessions. We have moved to a new location in the Mushroom Forest, close to one of the ramps down to the blue biome. While the base is far from finished, we have a fabricator, refinery forges, smithy and fridges up and running. We've also selected a cliff for our individual houses and placed cliff platforms where we want them.

We've also managed to tame quite a few critters:
A 115 Spino
A 150 crab (on spoiled meat as we have no turtle kibble)
A 140M Anky and a 150F Anky
A 110 Doed
A 140 and two 130 Megas, unfortunately they're all male and none of them are breeding material...

We've also lost a couple of tames, I lost my mutated Ravager, Broccoli Jr. (had a green back), and my high level Bulbdog when I was about to move a trap to tame the 140 Mega. I was ambushed and killed by three other Megas, that I've no idea how they managed to sneak up on me. We also lost the Spino (or I did) to yet another Mega that attacked from behind, while I was busy fighting another one. Bino, as was the Spino's name, didn't have good hp and I got stuck on some rocks and couldn't turn around or get away. I tried getting him to follow me, but it was to no avail. :( I felt extra bad about it as it wasn't a tribe owned animal, but our tribeleader's personal tame. He wasn't too upset about it, probably because he had tamed the 150 crab when it happened.

To get an equally "good" Ravager, I bred ours and managed to get several mutations (reddish back, dark green body, blue back and white/light grey back) and now I have backups, in case of surprise Megas happening again. While breeding them, I discovered something rather silly; the saddles on the females bloat during their gestation, they look incredibly stupid.

Baby Ravager with blue mutation:
WTyJHkL.jpg

After my breeding frenzy, we decided to look for a Mega for my friend and we found a 130 for her. Waiting for it to starve, we went exploring for a bit. Armed with two Megas (she borrowed our tribeleader's), a crab and hazard suits, we felt brave enough to venture into the blue biome and explore a bit. It's absolutely beautiful there and we must have a base there at one point. We got jumped by Nameless at times when one of our glowpets would run out of light, but we had no problems dealing with them. I would go so far as to claim that the Ravagers are the biggest threat because of their gnash/bleed attack. We fought other crabs as well, but me and my friend hung back while our leader attacked first, then we attacked from the sides/behind, to avoid getting grabbed. I did get grabbed, twice, but it was by our crab by mistake. I got a bit surprised when it happened though. xD

Lots of Megas around:
DSz0ZrI.jpg

After a while, we got to the entrance to the red biome I think and as soon as we walked into it, our characters and glowpets started making noise as if hurt by the radiation. We immediately pulled back and checked our pets to see if they had taken any damage. It didn't look like they had, but none of us felt like experimenting as me and our leader had our precious Glowtails with us. We'll return later, with disposable glowpets and more hazard suits. Oh, we got an Alpha Nameless attacking us in the blue biome, but disposed of it quickly. Also fought two Basilisks down there, but avoided an Alpha crab, mostly because our Megas aren't particularly good, especially as they're not mate boosted.

Entrance to the red biome (sorry for it being so dark)?
BcHYm6Z.jpg

Still much to do as we need to finish the community working area, our houses and find Spinos, female Megas/better Megas, more crabs and other creatures to tame. We need to get some crops going/check if a greenhouse is even possible and gather resources for industrial grill, chemistry bench and so on and so forth.

Oh, and I didn't get that far with my Aberration fan-art, as I discovered Dishonored while my friends were away. xD

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 12:00 PM, MirageUK said:

Well we found and tamed up a level 140 female Megalo to go with our 140 male - gutted to find that the un-ridden mega melee is so low it's pointless - less than 50/hit when mounted it does 400+ without imprint. We also found and tamed up a male level 140 Spino to mate with our 140 girl.

[...]

Our tribeleader discovered this to his dismay when he bred Megas to use on bosses on our Island save. For some reason, the unridden Megas use the grab attack instead of the proper bite attack...