So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

So last night we made up saddles and beat the Gamma Dragon on Island again lost 2 REX but they both had primitive saddles and were fresh hatches with no levelling - by this time it was 10-10.30pm so we postponed the Tek cave until tonight.

After I logged from our Island server I thought I would quickly check-in on our Aberration server.  Ravagers at the gate - I jump on my Spino and go out to remove them.  Now distracted from simply checking in on the map and making sure troughs weren't empty I was following the waterfalls and river down towards the blue biome area and spotted a cluster of blue crystal and a dung beetle.  I decide that I will try tame the beetle only to find once its tamed I forgot about the bulbdog on my shoulder already... dung beetle will have to follow me back slowly whilst I kill anything aggressive in the path.  A couple minutes later I spot a shine horn, awww cute little goat. I pick up shrooms on the ground around me and put each in my 0 slot until I find the right one to tame it, tame it up and then spend another 20-25 minutes walking both the dung beetle and the shine horn home.

I get back home and a ravager has fallen from above and is inside my house (ceiling not complete yet)... lost an otter.  Quickly made up stone ceilings until we are ready to finish making greenhouse ceilings and filled the holes temporarily so things don't drop into the house from above then logged.

Tonight my mission(s) are to beat Gamma Tek cave on Island server and on Aberration hopefully get more dung beetles and/or a Megalosaur.

Edited by MirageUK
Its a bulbdog, not glowdog.
  • Like 1

Well I think I'm done with Aberration. Just not enjoying it. I was convinced I was totally done, until I read @yekrucifixion187 talking about using the Bulbdog on Ragnarok. So I would like to transfer over some of my tamed dino on Aberration first before quitting that DLC. First problem is that I have yet to spot a beacon or Obelisk. I finally did go online and watched a few Youtube videos, and it looks like they OBS are on the surface, so that sucks, but since I finally have 2 Dung Beetles, I might have enough to craft up a fabricator and then make Haz suits.

Once again, not a single raptoring Trilobite found. DILO is going on? IS there some PS4 glitch, and they are not spawning?

Oh well, ended up switching over to RAG again last night, and since I recently tamed a 150 female Argy, I went out looking for a male 150.  Was flying around, when I saw a red drop, went over and grabbed it, and got some ASC saddle (Dunkle) and weapons. I take back off, and I spot another red drop (ASC crossbow), so I land at that one, and as soon as I grab the drop, I am attacked by a pack of Microraptors. I start to fight them off, and when everything calms down, I realize that my 150 Ptera "Tera Patrick" is gone ... I have no clue where it went to. So I spend about 20 minutes looking for it on foot. Manage to get jumped repeatedly by Terror Birds. I load up my new ASC crossbow, and start taking them out. I am just about dead, and the last one is still attacking me, when suddenly he drops..... sound asleep. Turns out he was a 145, and so I ground out a saddle and rode him home. It was the first time I had ever ridden a terror bird, other then on the Island, when I only was breeding them for color mutations (failed btw). I nearly killed him as we flew down the mountain sides near Viking Bay. Guess I need to time the baby wing flapping better. 

So as we are making our way around the bay back to base (right next to the huge dino skeleton in the Bay), I spot 2 Argies fighting something up ahead. The Argies are a 150 male! and a 135 female. So I start kiting them towards by trap, that is between my current location and the base.  It takes awhile, as the male keeps getting de-aggro, but finally I get both into my trap. But I cannot get the terror bird out. I though he would fit thru the pillar walls, but for some reason he wouldn't, and the Argies are kicking the crap out of us. So I jump off, run around and shut the trap gate, and whistle passive on the Terror bird.... however the damage had been done, and after putting just 1 tranq arrow in both birds, they both die after the second arrow hits. :( I forgot I had the newly looted ASC crossbow, and not my old primative one. No wonder they died so quickly. (plus bloody from battle with Terror bird)

Well once again "TERR Abel" survived with just a few hundred HP left. I get him out of the trap, and ride him back to base. I heal him up, place him next to some Lystros and jump on my back up Ptera "Skippy". Skippy was my first tame on this map, and was only a level 55 pre-tame, so he is not much. But we take off, in search of Tera Patrick, the lost 150 Ptera. We fly in huge grids for nearly 45 minutes, and cannot find the damn bird. I had not gotten to the point on this character/map that I had built tracking nodes, so I am SOL I guess.  I even waited and tried at dark, but nothing except running into a Griffin and having to deal with that (luckily only a lvl 20).

SO as morning arrives, I'm pissed that my Ptera is still missing, so I give up, and start again looking for either a 150 male Argy or a Tapejara, so I can then get a Quetz. Well after about 45 minutes, I find a 150 male, but he is in a fight with a bunch of direwolves .... you know how that ended. So I continued to search, and after dodging the roars of some Yutys, I finally see another 150 male. But I am far, far away from my trap. I decide to try and kite him all the way back regardless. Well, along the way during this long trip, the male picks up a 85 female mate. Finally, I notice that Skippy is out of stamina, so I make a beeline for a large flat open spot SW of the blue OB.  The 2 Argies begin attacking, and I kill the 85 female, but the 150 male takes off after 1 shot. As I take aim on him, a raptor shows up and I am fighting for my life. But it was really low level, and my JM Pike takes it out. I look back for the 150, and he is really far away, but I fire a shot at him regardless. What seems like 3 seconds later, I see I hit him, and he drops!  But only then do I realize he has flown over the edge of the cliff, and I know there is a lake down there. I jump on Skippy, and we go looking for the Argy.

Praise the stars, the Argy landed on the top of a rock, that is point out of the water. water creatures can't get it, and land creatures can either! What luck. So I begin hunting around for Chitin and the other materials to make it's saddle. after about 45 minutes of killing, I have just enough to make the saddle. I go back to the Argy, just in time to see a raptor eyeing it up from shore. I kill the raptor, and then fill the Argy full of prime meat. HE quickly tames up at 224 level. We begin the  flight home, when I spot a Tapejara down below. I land both birds, only to be attacked by a swarm of ants. We fight them off, and then I put on a stalk on the Tapejara. 

Suddenly, I remember that on the first Red drop from earlier, I got a ASC Long Rifle. So I pull that out, and take a long shot at the head of the Tapejara. He drops and and rush over to fill him with Prime meat. Tame him up, and The trio and I fly back to base.

The Tapejara was very low level, but as long as I build up his stamina, he will be fine for Quetz taming.  Oddly enough, I have yet to see a Quetz on this Rag map with this new survivor.

Fed everyone, leveled them up, and filled up my Dung beetles with poop and called it a night. I won't be able to play again until Friday night. 

Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas,  and Good Arking to you all.:dod-xmas:

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1

Haven't been able to play much lately, logged on last night to refill troughs and collect eggs. Finally my Titanboas are laying eggs! Took a quick flight around the area on my Griffin and spotted a 145 Sarco in the swamp by the castle. 

I had just made Trike kibble a few days before and decided to kite him down the cliffs to my trap. Had to kill six Terror Birds and one Rex, but did so with little issue. Got the Sarco in the trap, tranqued him and tamed him up. 

In the middle of the taming a stupid itchyornis attacked and hit the Sarco, lowering his taming effectiveness.... Massacred that bird with extreme prejudice and left his body to rot as a warning to any other ones in the area. 

Sarco tamed out to a 204 (stupid seagull) and I added him to my water base with my Megalodons. Once I can get a decent day to play, my brothers and I are going to see if we can finally tame a high level squid. 

Edited by AVENGED
Didn't realize a certain word was banned
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AVENGED said:

Haven't been able to play much lately, logged on last night to refill troughs and collect eggs. Finally my Titanboas are laying eggs! Took a quick flight around the area on my Griffin and spotted a 145 Sarco in the swamp by the castle. 

I had just made Trike kibble a few days before and decided to kite him down the cliffs to my trap. Had to kill six Terror Birds and one Rex, but did so with little issue. Got the Sarco in the trap, tranqued him and tamed him up. 

In the middle of the taming a stupid itchyornis attacked and hit the Sarco, lowering his taming effectiveness.... Massacred that bird with extreme prejudice and left his body to rot as a warning to any other ones in the area. 

Sarco tamed out to a 204 (stupid seagull) and I added him to my water base with my Megalodons. Once I can get a decent day to play, my brothers and I are going to see if we can finally tame a high level squid. 

Hated those damn things. 100x worse than Pegos, and whomever decided to add Pegos to the game should be beaten senseless.

• Like 4

Finally ascended off the Island after defeating the Gamma Tek and Overseer boss.  Was really confused by the timer - it seems the timer is for reaching the boss and not for defeating it.  I panicked as time was running out and went balls out throwing my rex at it not thinking about whether I was hitting the front or back - took loads of damage and lost my Tek rex.  Managed to jump on another but did the same. Timer ran out, boss battle continued. Balls!

2 tribe members remain and only 1 REX.  I manage to avoid the minions and get some shots in on foot using my Tek rifle and AR whilst he munches the boss - we just make it out alive.

Dimorphs that I brought in to help with the flying drones were of no help - only the one mounted to my shoulder during teleport came in - none of the ones resting on the teleport pad which sucks but lesson learned.

Logged into Aberration, no apparent issues and no log reports of losses whilst offline.  Logged and went to bed.

Tonight more time in Aberration, possibly setting up a new base in a more central location instead of the lake under the broken maglev train track.

• Like 1

Another short and productive day. Finally finished our ceiling 1st thing so we now have no fear of ravagers falling in :) I finally had enough fert to get a few crops going so we planted the 3 veggies and will add citronella once we get a bigger stockpile of fert. We also have a few hundred sap so looks like we are good to go to make sweet veggie cake for sheep and snails.

My brother kept his toon when I switched the server to Aberration from rag (My wife and I wanted to start fresh) So I told him I would pay him a few hundred ingots to make us a roll rat saddle, so my next priority is farming for the cp needed to make it. I would usually get to the required level myself, but I cant take gathering wood by hand anymore, lol

The plans for the weekend are to tame a few snails and get the mutton farm going, build a dino pen and a taming pen and hopefully get a good pair of ravagers and megalosaurs. Its a long weekend so I hope to get 8-10+ hours of playtime in

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

My friend managed to get off from work a bit earlier yesterday, so she could play for a couple of hours in the evening. This meant Roll Rat taming and Glowtails!

For being us, we were quite effective, because as soon as she logged in, we started taming a 130-Roll Rat that had spawned close to our base. I rode around on my speed Ravager and collected the honey from nearby hives, using ghillie suit and bug repellent. At the first hive, I got attacked, which I though was weird since that didn't happen when I tested earlier, but then I realized I had forgotten to crouch... We fumbled with the taming, so we lost some effectiveness, but none of us wanted to start over so we finished taming the Roll Rat instead. At least now, we have an efficient wood harvester, even though he has the turning radius of a freight train...

When trying to get him inside the fence, we discovered he didn't fit through a dino gate, so we had to make a behemoth one instead. Considering how small our entire base is, we now have a behemoth gate with some base attached to it. It looks ridiculous. xD

After the Roll Rat, it was time for what we've been wanting to do since our first cave run; taming us some Glowtails. We hoped that the ones we'd seen before were still there, especially me as I'd called dibs on a 130-reddish male that I'd found. We didn't bring any Bulbdogs with us, since we wanted to be able to carry our reptile treasures immediately after taming them. We had 20 seeds each (yeah, I've been hanging with the local flora quite a bit lately) in case we spotted more than one Glowtail we might like. Upon entering the cave proper, we noticed a certain lack of mobs. It persisted through the entire cave, and we wonder if the respawns don't work properly in there or something. Anyway, we were lucky, as "our" lizards were still there and I tamed my little one as soon as I found him again. Our leader also found one he wanted and my friend tamed two, so she had one on follow and kept squealing how cute it was running after her (I admit, it was). So, well, the conversation the entire way back to the base went something like this:
"Oh my god, they're so cuuuuteeee!"
*high pitched squealing noises*
"So cuuuuuuteeee!"
"We need more!"
"Can you get out of the way, I'm trying to take a screenshot here?"
*more squealing noises*
"Syster, can you please move away, your glowstick is messing with the colours and I'm trying to take a screenshot" Syster, my friend, had a green glowstick attached to her.
"Can you move further away, the light still reaches here?" She ended up in a corner of the base in the end until her glowstick quit shining.

We have already decided that we need about a billion more Glowtails and that when we move, we need to build an enclosure/pen/house to put them in so we can see them all the time.

Here's the start on our future Glowtail hoard:
kuWnONi.jpg

Our Tribeleader with his Glowtail:
k32r0TY.jpg

Here's my super cute little lizard:
RkqsPCC.jpg

Love the glowing pattern on the back when the light is activated:
YaGODVs.jpg

Last one, I promise:
ng6WA8N.jpg

After our successful Glowtail trip, we went to check out what I thought could possibly be another cave. It turned out I was very wrong as it wasn't a cave but an exit to the surface. We stood at a safe distance peeking out:
qOnrFjS.jpg

We decided to go exploring the first area/level a bit more, by following the river to the swamp. We found several explorer notes and killed some Spinos and crabs on the way, getting plenty of levels on our Ravagers. It was fun just running around on the Ravagers, but we forgot to look for a better spot for a base. We also found another exit to the surface along the way, can't wait until we can go out there later on. It'll be an adventure, that's for sure.

The plan when the others get back and the server's up again, is to find a place to build a larger base, tame an Anky and possibly a higher level Doed, tame Spinos and Megas, tame some turtles for kibble to tame a crab, tame Scorpions for kibble to tame a frog, and explore the map much, much more.

Now, I'll try and draw some Aberration fan-art, we'll see how it goes as I haven't been drawing "seriously" for quite some time now. Hopefully, I'll manage to actually finish it so I have something to show my tribe/friends when they're back. :D

• Like 3

Decided to explore a wee bit deeper into the Biolum, got hit by freezing spores and died. Lesson learnt, I'll be getting a Hazmat suit before I try that again.

Finally started to find some decent Ravagers, a level 85, a level 95 and best of all a 145 female. Got them bred up and got a couple of nice pups, Carnage and Ravage, Carnage being the best at 162 at birth.

Taking the spino out for a run, I went down my usual path into the river, and ran straight away into a 140 crab, best I've seen by a long margin, so quick dashed back to base praying that I had enough mats to make up a catapult and some ammo, thankfully I did, I've been hoarding metal but not really using it, so got that crafted up, grabbed my pillars and back off to the river. Made up a pen, and with Carnage led the big boy in and got him contained. Started firing off boulders and my what a frustration. Could barely get any to land, was doing far too much damage, and barely any torpor. The crab was bloody as heck and I realised that I don't have a magnifying glass to check it's status. Quick nipped back to base to make one up, and when I returned the crab had escaped the pen. Crap, quick picked some pillars back up and tried to lure it back in, but it wasn't complying. Just would not aggro on me at all, so I gave it a nip and it turned around and quick as a flash pulled me off of my dog and bish bash bosh I was a gonner. Hopped onto the Carno and raced back. Carnage was in the grip of the crab so I had to make a choice, sacrifice him or kill the crab. I can always breed more Ravagers, so it was RIP Carnage, but as I hopped off the Carno to recover my gear, it decided that Carnage should be avenged and went and attacked the crab and killed it in two bites. Ffs.

Well, Ark must have been feeling a little guilty, because it immediately threw me a 135 crab. So off we go again, into the trap,  chocks away with the boulders, and even though I thought it was doing the dance with every hit, it died. In the words of Kevin Sorbo, DISAPPOINTED!

Now I've got my head on, I am not finishing this night without a good crab. Onto the Spino and up and down the river killing them off. Chat taunts me with news of 110 and 150 crabs being tamed in the Biolum. After about an hour and a half of culling I finally get a 130. That'll do. It's a bit of a hike to get it into the pen, but I do and here we go again. I try really hard to make sure every shot is a body shot, I regularly check its health and torpor, but it's just not happening. Health gets to 400 odd and the torpor isn't even half way. Deep breaths Kraken, there has to be a way to do this. What's my issue, I keep hitting limbs instead of the body because it won't keep still, how do I solve this? Get a better sight of the body. How? Well, like most answers, it was quite simple in the end, I just needed to get above it to make the shell a bigger target without the limbs in the way, so after a bit of trial and error, I made a pillar tower, put catapult on top, waited until it had healed up over half health, and uttering a prayer commenced firing. Laughable how easy it was. Every shot did torpor, not a single one missed, it only took about ten boulders and down he went. Filled him full of spoiled meat and a little while later my very own Crab, who I named Salad.

Took him back home and called it a night, but next day had a good play around on him. So. Much. Fun! Easily my new favourite creature in Ark by a long margin. I've been wanting Giant Crabs for ages and ages and they do not disappoint at all. Makes taming things so easy for a solo player like me, went out and picked up a 125 Iguanodon and a 115 Ravager, carried them back to base and ko'd them both without even having to dismount. Picked up a 110 Roll Rat and took him home to tame in the safety of base. Hopped up onto a high ledge to gather a load of crystal that I needed for the Hazmat and got that made up, then headed to the Biolum, picked up a Beetle and a 105 Anky and hopped all the way back to base to tame up, then just went around jumping up and down from places, and grabbing things and throwing them around for the lulz. Absolutely love him, the search is on now for a higher level one or three and I'll be adding them to my other maps as well they're so good. Only slight disappointment is that they can't carry Megalosaurs, cos I really want a good Megalo, but can't have it all too easy I suppose xD

Edited by Kraken
  • Haha 1

I logged on and a tribe I thought was ok on the server had offline raided my outpost where I keep my trike for plant x seed farming on aberrtion. I was like yo why kill my trike and they made the cheese excuse that it was out it' pen running around on aggressive attacking people lol . So I went to their base killed all their stuff on my mega and foundation wiped them . Im solo but still wipe 5 man tribes for joke .

Had a really productive day in Aberration today. Started out by taming a snail. Then we decided to build a taming pen for ravagars. We built it between 2 cliffs so we only needed 2 sides. Once we get the taming pen up we notice a lone lvl 75 ravagar nearby, so i kite it to the pen with a throw away raptor, and we tranq it, starve it and find enough prime meat to tame it.

Next we start building a pen to keep our dinos in because our base is getting cramped inside. We get about 1/4th done and decide we would rather find a sheep or more ravagers. While looking we find and tame a 142 bulbdog...because you can never have enough charge pets :D . As im taming it my wife is being lookout, and spots a lone 165 male ravager nearby. So we wrap up taming the bulb dog, get it back to the base, and I go back and kite the 165 ravager to the pen and we tame it on prime as well. 

Next I continue searching for sheep to tame and come across a pack of ravagers, with the alpha being a 217 female...i start drooling, lol. So i kite the entire pack to the pen and manage to get 1 of the lower lvls inside and kill it. Then we eventually get the 217 in with the 2nd lower lvl still outside. As my wife tranqs the 217 I set up a few ziplines to get on the other side of our pen and kill the final low level. After what seemed like forever the 217 finally goes down, and it took almost all of our arrows. 

We leave it to starve and hunt for prime. We didnt have much luck finding any, but then my wife spots a sheep on a plateu, so we build more ziplines and kill it and tame the 217 on lamb chop. 

The final task for the day now that we had ravagers was to build a network of ziplines to get us to the next "floor" of our area, lol. As we finished that we hit a 90% night and decided to call it. 

Tonight we plan on finishing the pen and hopefully hit a high enough lvl to build a roll rat saddle. My brother was going to build it for us, but hes not going to be able to play till after christmas.

Tldr: We tamed 3 ravagers, a lvl 75, lvl 165, and lvl 217

• Like 1

Logged onto an (Official) Aberration server. Lamented the fact that my Babies all want Featherlight kibble. Decided to farm some metal, picked up an anky with a crab. About twenty minutes later the anky fell out of the crabs claw under the mesh, sealing its fate and the metal run with it. Got on my Mega, farmed some meat and logged off. Probably won't try Aberration until the devs get back from their holiday and make the map playable again. 

Lately, I've just been testing/using Aberration stuff on Rag and redoing some things (i.e. instead of elevators replacing some with ziplines, added plant z to the garden). And working on tree & cliff platform builds too.

Finished my big barn (that I've put off forever) the other day... 1st story for my Equus, Thyla's, Ravagers and the same sized creatures; the 2nd story for my Yuty's, Bary, RollRat and the same sized creatures; the 3rd story is for small to regular sized flyers and the roof is for the Wyverns and Rock Drake. Outside is a "pasture" for my aberrant Ovis and Shinehorns.

Had a busy weekend and accomplished a lot in Aberration. Finished our dino pen and managed to tame 2 high lvl and 1 low lvl iguanadon which have been great at getting thatch. We also bred our ravagers to get a pair with 100% imprinting.

We decided to set up our first outpost at the fertile lake. Built a 7x7x4 building and a taming pen. The plan was to tame a sarco to aid in gathering pearls, but struck out finding a sarco, but we did get enough pearls in the shallows to build a generator and fridge...but have only enough oil to build the fabricator.

Our next project was finding a way down to the biolum the didnt involve a bunch of ziplines and in our travels came across and tamed 2 dung beetles.

After we tamed the beetles we continued our search for a better way down to the blue zone and run into an alpha baslosk, which we somehow got stuck to where it couldnt hit us and managed to kill it with 2 ravagers.

Finally we find a walking path down to the biolum, and it wasn't far from our base. We explore a little and find a spot we wanted to move to, which was a beautiful little pond at the bottom of a waterfall.

So our plan this week and into the weekend is to set up shop there. Biggest challenge will be getting our slower moving dinos down there, but I suppose we could leave them at our current base and tame more when we build the new base. I plan on leaving our current base running anyways as an outpost

• Like 1

Tamed myself a 145 crab, although just my luck he's mostly worse off in stats then my 130 tame. Got a 140 male Spino to breed up with my 150 female, a 140 female Doed to go with my 150 male, a 140 male Ravager, and a 145 female Stego so been doing a bit of breeding. Also chanced upon a 145 Paracer and a 135 Iguanodon so figured I may as well nab them too.

Traded some crystal for a couple of Drake eggs since I'm still too chicken to venture into the purple zone myself, a 145 and a 90. Decided to raise the 145 straight away since I was already raising babies which meant doing something I've been avoiding and actually encouraging Nameless to spawn. Turns out they're not too bad to deal with, my crab deals with them well enough, and got enough Venom collected to get the Drake raised.

Drakes are good fun, took a bit of figuring out how to do the glides and stuff, but had a good time clambering around and discovering things. Went to an entrance to the surface and had a peek outside but didn't want to risk it until the Drake's got a few levels under its belt, also had a few swoops over the purple zone. Still ain't going down there just yet xD

• Like 1

A busy day for me! Found a level 95 Bronto all Christmas colors and bright so I brought him back to base and had him tamed out in 2 hours, thank you x3! Since I don't have a megalosaurus I figured this was the best time to get a tickle chicken, so I kited one to my base and tried to pen him, but he would NOT go into my pen, kept attacking the stone pillars from the outside :( so I put him out and loaded him down with berries. Built a metal wall around him as best I could. But as luck would have it I got called into work and had to leave with about 20 min left of taming.

So I let him run down to 300 torpor and shoved 400 narcotics down his throat. I am hoping that when I get off of work I will have a nice, if slightly dented, tickle chicken with which to harvest wood. We shall see!

Other than that I found some decent loot and finished raising my baby Argie. That is officially the first baby I have raised to adulthood, so go me!

Happy Holidays everyone!

• Like 4

We have been busy the last few days, got our biolum base 75% complete. The plan is to build a tempory base to keep us and our dinos safe while be build something more elaborate involving cliff platforms. Right now we just have a 16x11x4 barn, walls are up and we should have a ceiling by tomorrow. I also ran metal pipes to it so we can get crops and plant z going.

Then the fun of moving everyone down to it will happen this weekend, but luckily we dont have a ton of dinos yet so it shouldnt be too bad. After the barn is finished our first priorities are taming an anklo and a pair of megalosaurs before we start work on the permanent base

• Like 2

After someone kited a Giga into the lava Cave and killed my 3 rexes at the entrance I had dont done much caving recently - that changed over the Christmas period.

I took a rex purely levelled in Stam (5k), HP (10k) and then a little melee (450) and have run the cave about 10 times even when the Christmas event has been running. I have got some good loot and some poor loot that I didnt even think would exist in the red crates. Im hoping for a rex bp but no luck as yet. A few of the drops from memory so far are: Asc Bary Saddle BP, 252% Asc Crossbow BP, Asc lance BP, Asc Araneo Saddle BP, an assortment of Asc ghillie armours and Asc Bronto Saddle BP. Quite a few MC Shotgun BPs and a few other MC saddles including one I will keep for myself - Asc Thyla saddle.

I raised a few Pteras and a Rex - nothing too major but the Ptera is now lvl 310 at birth with one small stat left to include. Aberration has been ok with 140 Carnos and Ravagers - shame I didnt put enough meat in the trough and I left our 230 ravager twins to die - tribemate wasnt happy with me for that.

So other than the constant game crashingdue to the D3D hung error - its been quite productive.

This week will be a daedon or a Yuti hunt - looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

Have not done anything today but I yesterday I got the cutest little abberent otter ever! Also I was the greatest navigator ever and got me and my friend un-Lost taming a roll-rat in the process. We also learned how little durability the climbing picks have the hard way, and accidentally tamed a trilobite with a fish basket. And last but not least we found out that the red mushrooms regrow!>:( as if they weren’t bad enough already!

• Like 1

Created a new base around the fertile area and deep lake north central and then spent hours moving over our tames from the base by the first lake out of the easiest portal area in a land train with me leading on a Spino and my friend trailing on his Spino to make sure we didn't lose anything on the journey.

Moved Paracer with glow pets on its back and had ravagers, raptors, carnos, ankylo and roll rat walking along with us.  It was interesting in parts due to the aggro down the river and through the swamp before walking up past the small stream to our new base but we all finally made it without any losses.

Tamed more ravers, collected from a few random drops and got some low level bp's for ghillie and simple weapons plus slightly better non-bp Pickaxes (Ramshackle).  Found an entrance to the surface, shooting a couple of anchor points and laying down 2 new zip lines to ascend on the Ravs.. instantly bursting into flame when we got to the top to jump back down realising its still day.  Waited for night and went back up, collected lots of oil and metal and a fair amount of element ore then got attacked by seekers - turned glow dogs off and destroyed seekers only for a very scary looking Reaper King to spawn next to us.. lights on! lights on! lights on!!.. lost just under half durability on my hazmat due to "acid fog" or something from the Reaper King as it died?

Started hunting down all "imprinting kibble" animals. Got Trikes, Stegs, Carbonemys, Ankylo, Raptor and Spino.. need to find Dimetrodon, Baryonx, Featherlight, Glowtail and Rock Drake although not sure kibbles can be made from all of them yet so may get away with what we have for now.

Another metal/oil run at the surface this evening to save up for industrial forge and grinder and look out for more crystal.

• Like 2

Today was short but productive, got our roof finished on the biolum barn, so this weekend we can start moving in.

I'm quickly starting to learn to not leave home without atleast a pair of ravagers in the biolum and I also started wearing full flak and carrying a sword and shield. Megalosaurs are fast, lol. Sucks getting your lone ravager grabbed.

After we finished the roof we went back to our fertile river base and saw a lvl 150 christmas scorp so we quickly tamed it before going to work.

So plans this weekend are to move into the new base, tame an anky or 2 and a pair of megalosaurs. Then get crops and plant z going.

It's been Megalo madness the past few days. I set off with the sole intention of taming up a high level Megalo, all the gear I needed to build a taming pen on the fly, and loaded up with tranqs, extra crossbows, extra hazard suits everything I'd need, hopped on the Drake and into the big blue I went.

On the way down I spotted a lvl 100 just standing by some rocks at the top of the road down. Thought briefly about taking him but surely there would be better out there so I left him be. Down I went, I explored every inch of the biolum, all the way through the crystalline swamps to the very edge of the Spine. I scouted many beautiful potential base locations, and killed many, many low level Megalos, the highest I could find was a 95. A solid four hours I spent searching, when finally at almost the deepest part of the Overlook I found a 140 male. Huzzah! Quickly I set out the pillars, and excitedly fired off a shot from Drake back to get his attention and into the pen... And I'm sure you've already spotted the flaw in the masterplan, I used pillars, and Mr Megalo simply waltzed straight through the gap. Cursing myself for such noobishness, I decided that screw it, I was taming this bloody thing even if Ziggy the Drake had to tank it forever. And so I shot and shot and shot, and Ziggy tanked like a champ down to almost quarter health, until it started to run and I gave chase but the downside of course on Drakes you can't see straight ahead with a weapon out, and so it was a hopeless chase of stop, turn, fire, miss, until eventually it just ran straight off the edge and disappeared down into the red gloom where I wasn't even going to attempt to follow.

Disgusted I picked up my pillars and sloped off home, more low level Megalos taunting me as I passed. Eventually I found my way out and on the road back to the green I checked to see if the level 100 was still there. It was, not only still there, but suspiciously in exactly the same spot as where it was earlier. I watched it for a few minutes and sure enough it was turning on the spot but not moving an inch. Don't tell me it's stuck? I fired an arrow at it and it turned face me but couldn't take a single step. I ko'd it without it moving at all. Bloody hell. A nearby sheep slaughtered, and stuffed full of mutton I waited until it was nearly done, then stuck a saddle and some armour on it, laid down a sleeping bag and took Ziggy back home, the tribe log showed it tamed by the time I got back so it was a simple case of fast travelling to the bag and mounting up for a trot home. Straight off the bat it had 5k plus health and was hitting for 207 (for reference Ziggy hits for 222) and by the time I'd done a few runs up and down the river and called it a night, Wight as I called him was up to 10k health, 3,100 stam, and hitting for 221. Not too shabby for a 'low' level tame.

Wight had just wet my appetite though, and when bringing him home I ran into someone proudly showing off their bred Megalo, I had to get a better one and/or find a mate of equal level or higher.

So next day back out on Ziggy I went. This time with foundations and doorframes to make a proper pen. After only a short while I found a 120. Another male unfortunately, but surely an upgrade on Wight. Quick slapped together the pen, fired a shot to get his attention, and in he came, I got through just by the skin of my teeth, luckily he used a regular attack instead of a grab otherwise I'd have been screwed. As it was I got him closed in and knocked down, and glided away to get some mutton. When I got back and fed him up he was about 50% tamed when I noticed that his TE was at 94% Dammit. i must have put one arrow too many into him. With the rates of the server I'm on this translated in the end to a loss of 5 levels overall. Disappointing but not the end of the world, but disappointing pretty much sums up Goblin. Before levelling he had less health and a lower melee than Wight started with, more weight, but it took considerable levelling to to get him up to being the same as Wight in the important stats despite being a much higher level. Shame.

Still needing a female though, so back I went into the deep blue. For no particular reason I decide to start from the back and work my way forward, so zipped over the majority of the swamps in one swoop, and after a brief battle with the Nameless because I'd forgotten to turn on my pug, I got distracted by a beautiful base that one of the admins has built for roleplaying purposes, complete with a glowing trail of Tek lights, which intrigued I followed, it didn't lead anywhere, but at the end, standing in the undergrowth and almost overlooked, a 140 Mega, male again but Idc, praise the great Crab god! Same as for Goblin I built the pen and fired the shot to get him in, but he's a canny one and he went around the side. Crap. I tried dozens of times with Ziggy to get him inside but everytime he ended up on the outside chewing on the doorframes. In the end I figured if he's happy doing that I may as well just start shooting. Every now and again he'd turn and attack Ziggy instead, so a quick run to again try and get him in the pen didn't work but got him attacking the walls again. When it came time to run my heart sank a bit, I thought here we go again, but no, the dummy went straight into a rock and stayed there, down he finally went and with great relief I rebuilt the pen around him and went off to find a sheep. Took absolutely ages, had to end up going into the Portal area to finally find one, but it did mean that when I finally got back it was almost an instant feed and stand up. Got him saddled and began the walk back home with him following Ziggy. We had to cross quite a large body of water and although the Drake swam across with no bother, he was going so slow I could only watch in horror as a jellyfish zoned in on him, then an eel swooped in, and a Bary too. No Ark! Don't do this to me, the eel slowed him, the jelly shocked him, I rode to the rescue and caught the aggro of the Bary, luckily a low level that Ziggy dispatched nice and quickly. The jelly shocked me though and dismounted me into the mix and just as I was beginning to panic the Mega said 'nope, not today!' Killed the jelly before it could shock again, killed the eel whilst it was attacking, and so I was able to hop back onto Ziggy and off we went on our merry way, back to base without further incident. 

Even without levelling he's impressive. Hits for 221, over 6k health, and 1,500 stam. I didn't level him for long but got him up to 13k health, 4k stam, and hitting for over 240, very happy with him.

Away from the Megalo hi-jinks, I made my first venture onto the surface with Ziggy. Didn't go far at all as I wasn't sure when day would hit and I was scared of losing my way back to the entrance. Took on a couple of Reapers, scary, but only level 5's so dealt with easily enough. Couldn't see any drops so mined a little bit of element ore and legged it while my nerves were still just about intact.

Edited by Kraken