So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I've been play Ark since its 1st year and Aberration has been the most challenging map for sure, which I love. 

We've slowly been making progress. We tamed a low lvl doed Sunday which helped greatly with stone gathering. We gathered enough stone wood and thatch to get a 10x10 foundation built for a more permanent base. While gathering we took a break to explore potential new base locations, but ultimately decided to stay where we were until we tamed a few stronger dinos and gathered enough mats to make a decent cliff side base. So we plopped the foundations down near our shack, and hope to have it finish by Saturday

Ended up losing my raptor to a pack of ravagers while exploring but my wife managed to excape. Nbd it was a crap lvl and I replaced it quickly.

My short term goal is to get water to our base asap so we can get crops going so we can make veggie cake for snails and ovis. Will also be nice to drink from the comfort of our home instead of sneaking by spinos, sarcos and crabs to drink and fill jars. We built a little ways away from the fertile river so I need to run atleast 100 foundations worth of pipe to get to our base. After that i plan on trying to tame some decent ravagers and a roll rat or 2

• Like 1

I recently bought aberration and have a nice little base set up on the shore in the fertile chamber (singleplayer btw). I spent about 30 mins scouting the area looking for metal or a high level raptor. I actually found like a 135 and bola'd it but I derped and shot it with regular arrows and killed it. After some more looking I found a 145 and a level 30 raptor. After wasting a few bolas I killed the 30 and downed the 145. However, there was a karkinos messing around in the water nearby and a lvl 50ish ravager on the shore nearby. Seeing that it was alone and only a lvl 50, I thought I could kill it. Well since I just started aberration I only had a bow, no mount, a bola, and I was dehydrated. I bola'd the ravager a few times but apparently ravagers can jump and move a little bit even if they're bola'd so I got hit a few times. After about 15 mins of bola-ing it, shooting it, running into the woods to make more arrows and bolas, and repeating, It was nearly dead. I had one more bola but when I threw it at the ravager it jumped straight up and dodged my bola. At this point I had had enough so I just used cheats to kill it since it was almost dead anyway. Then I put some meat on my unconscious raptor and saw that the karkinos was getting too close for comfort. I didn't feel like trying to kill it so I just cheat killed it too. Soon after, my raptor tamed and I spent 10 or 15 more mins leveling it up before getting off to play some rainbow six siege with my friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last night we spent a little more time in Aberration.

Started the night scouting the area with my 2 best guard raptors, one mounted, the other mate boosted following.  Wondering aimlessly thinking to myself "it's rather quiet around here when it's day" when suddenly a pack of ravagers - with a level 150 leader - drops from the sky above me, instantly surrounding me and doing some major damage.  I put up a good fight and killed the minions but lost my mate-boost guard raptor to the pack leader when I ran away trying to get it to follow me as my mount raptor was also v.low on health.  RIP Robby, Rita will miss you.

After heading home and healing Rita I head back out to explore more before I had to break for food IRL.  In the river nearby there are a couple of Spinos and Karkinos fighting it out - I wait patiently to see how it turns out.  Neither seem to be damaging the other but eventually the Karkinos leave the area and head down the waterfall to the next section.  Spyglass out - level 20, level 120... that's not a bad level for a Spino so I work out how best to tackle it.  I walk back up the hill, cross the river and set myself up on the cliff opposite where I shoot down on the Spino with my long neck and KO it.  Looks up Dododex... no chance of kibble yet so mutton it is.  I ask my tribe mate to find a sheep whilst I monitor the unconscious Spino only to turn around and see what looks like a dead Casteroid on the beach behind me and my thoughts were "oh, didn't know they spawned on this map - that's wood sorted" only to then get closer and realise it's a dead Ovis which was still a good bonus as that's what we needed for the tame.

I swap places with my tribe mate and he watches the sleeping Spino whilst I start heading back to base.  A short time passes and he shouts out "Think that other Spino is gonna come down here and cause us problems taming this one".  Other Spino? Turns out another had spawned just up the hill, a 140.  We have a fresh new "pen" setup ready for the spino when tamed and it's still empty atm so I decide to fire an arrow across the 140's path, get aggro and lead it home where I trap in our empty pen.  

Whilst waiting for the Spinos to both tame I picked up a couple more Raptors to replace Robby and end the evening with 2 new Spinos @ 166 & 205, 3 new low level Raptor guard dogs and a couple of Otters after they for some reason aggro'd my Sarco and I led them back to base to trap and bring em fish.

My tribe mate has the week off work to take care of Aberration so tonight I plan on mainly running stone, berries and doing an XP grind to level some stuff for the boss attempt again on the Island tomorrow evening. 

• Like 1

Had a short but productive day today. Started out by running pipe to our new base. Took about 100 pieces of pipe like I thought. As I was placing the pipe I noticed a raptor so I scoped it and it was a 165 male (difficulty is at 7.5) so I bolaed it, knocked it out and tamed it on raw meat, ended up 242 after tame. After that we put up a few walls for the base and built a preserving bin before it was time to get to work. 

Tomorrow we will continue working on the base and hopefully find a mate for the new raptor

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

Made two major advancements today which puts me bang in business. First of all I tamed a nice 110 Stego for Narc production and the third in the Stone/Wood/Thatch triumverate (although what I wouldn't give for a deer, Stegos are painfully slow)

Up went a four high wall around my area. After scoping out a few areas closer to my metal source I decided I may as well remain where I am for now as the places I'd like to be are already taken, and for now I pretty much have Fertile lake all to myself, and metal running although still a hike has become easier thanks to my second and third acquisitions.

Took a run up the river on the Carno and finally found the route back to the Portal which is good to know for future reference, near the Portal though I decided to take on a Basilisk. Almost a big mistake, it killed me off the back of the Carno and I had to race back on a doggy to retrieve her, which we just about managed with just a couple of hundred health remaining. The Basilisk had knocked us off the platform down to the edge of the river. Next to some metal nodes which was nice and I took the advantage to load the dog up, but it did mean we had to run the gauntlet of crabs and spinos to get back home. Sppnos are no bother but crabs still scare the willikers out of me on anything they can grab. Luckily though we made it past without any incident, the last Spino though before turning back home I checked out and it was a 75. Nothing special but the best I've seen and with the narc factory running I can do something about it, so on the spur of the moment I parked the dog somewhere I thought would be safe, gave the Spino a nip and after a bit of cat and mouse and battling with the natural ADD tendencies of the Spino, managed to lead him back close to my house. I left her chewing on a diplo while I quick crated up some pillars and threw up a very rough trap, led her in and plopped a pillar to close her in, easy peesy.

Man how I've missed Spinos! It's been a loooong time since I've rocked around on one, and whilst this one is be no means the greatest ever, I took great delight in massacering every crab I came across. Many Trilobites were crushed by my mighty jaws and now I'm in the oil business. Able to take a more direct route along the river to the metal source instead of traversing zip lines with a single doggy I took the whole pack, laughing in the faces of wild Ravagers and Megalos. Metal for days, Fabricator made, climbing picks, glide suit, zip lines, tree sap tap all sorted. A kindly Rufus dug up some red gems for me and now I'm collecting gas too. Swimming in chitin and organic polymer I've got paste making up, a set of Ghillie too.

When I was doing a lap of Fertile lake eradicating the crab menace, I scoped out a Spino on the off chance, and it was a 110, nice. Decided to be a bit more prepared this time and built a nice pen on the beach, crafted up a load more arrows and went back in to get him out. Except I couldn't find him anywhere. Searched the whole lake top to bottom, nearly drowned twice but no dice. Shame, but close by there was a lvl 95 male, so I decided to settle and maybe breed up a half decent baby. As I was leading it out though, I caught the aggro of another Spino, a 150 female! Happy days, but the 95 wasn't losing aggro no matter how much I circled, and then somehow I got stuck on a rock, completely unable to move, both Spinos on my tail and I was screwed. All I could do was chomp and hope that either I got unstuck, or they died before I did. Thankfully it was the former, with about 10% of my health remaining I got free and made a break for shore. One of them finally lost interest just off the beach and I tried to lure the other one into the pen. Unfortunately the stupid thing ignored me and managed to climb the shelf to attack my Ravagers. They finished it off before I had a chance to formulate a plan, and thankfully it was the 95, the 150 was frolicking in the surf but if it caught sight of the now moved doggies it could end in disaster. So I quick hopped on one to grab its attention and luckily got it in and trapped first time. 

Now though it was bloody from the battle, no way of feeding it up to regain health, and I was running out of time before I had to leave home for the day. I had to take a risk and start shooting, 20 arrows, 30 arrows, 40 arrows. Every shot timed meticulously and it was getting bloodier and bloodier, I fully expected it to drop dead at any second, then finally it dropped to sleep. I checked its health and it had 41 remaining! One more shot would have killed it! Big sigh of relief and I chomped down a nearby sheep and got it tamed up without further incident.

next up is to look for a crab of my own, but that will have to wait for another day.

• Like 1

PS4 - Aberarration DLC - Single Player

@PhyristSo using the suggestion of Phyrist, I spawned in a couple Argies last night. Levels 12, 16, 16 and 24. Well those were all crap, but I just wanted to explore really, so I killed off the lesser ones, and tamed the 24.

Then hoped on and began exploring the map. I found an entrance to the surface, and as we began flying over the flames, my bird as well as myself burst into flames! Yikes, I quickly reversed course, and got the heck out of there. Thank goodness for the saddle; and flak helmet on my BUlbdog as everyone was down to less than 200 health. We barely lived!

Set off in a new direction, and finally found the blue biosphere. Saw some blue gems, and immediately got attacked by 2 Meglasauros and a crap ton of Titanboas. Flew around some more, and then tried to fly above the water to see if I could find any Trilobytes as I REALLY need some oil, and I can't find any Dung Beetles either.  Well the visual effects of the biosphere, messed up my depth perception, and I touched the water. Instantly attacked by every nasty in the area. I swam my survivor butt off, and got to a rock., My bird was on follow, and after killing a couple Sarcos and a low level Krab, it came back to me. We then tried to find our way back to my small base closest to the Blue entrance. (I have 4 bases thus far. a beginner at the Portal, then my main base for now at the Lake with the island in the middle. Then another base along the river, and finally base #4 not too far from the blue biosphere.)

Without a flyer, it was too long to get around, so I just kept stopping and making little bases along the way ... forge, pestle, smithy, bed, storage, preserving bin.

I spent about 4 hours playing last night. But it really has felt like "work". I understand that people want a challenge, and Aberration certainly gives it. But I'm really not having much fun playing this new DLC.  Pretty sure unless I find oil and can make a fabricator, and thus a hazard suit, I don't think I will continue with this map.  I can hear Ragnarok calling my name.

• Like 1

Not much exiting to tell about from the last two days on Aberration, mainly because my friend is back at work and hasn't been able to play again. Instead of adventuring and dying horrible deaths, I've been harvesting resources, made sparkpowder, cementing paste, narcotics, ammo, structures etc. etc.

Most exciting part was yesterday when our tribeleader put up ziplines around our base, so played around a bit with those. I used them today to go and collect wood and was peacefully chopping away when I got jumped by two Ravagers. Pants were pooped, let me tell you that. I didn't see those sneaky bastards until they decided to jump out and say "Hi". Unfortunately, I managed to get stuck in the one attacking me, so I couldn't get away from it (I really hate it when dinos/animals gets stuck inside you or your tame, probably one of my biggest pet peeves with ARK). Luckily for me, the Ravager turned around to bite my Ravager that was biting it in the butt, so I managed to get up on my doggy and kill both of the attackers, with very little hp remaining on both of us.

Later, my tribeleader came on and mated two of our Ravagers and while we said we were going to have pretty much vanilla settings, it looks like our breeding/maturating settings are still through the roof. The babies pretty much got born instantly and I didn't get an answer when I asked about the breeding settings. :P

Our main plan is still to get a Roll Rat, but we're also going to scout for a better base location. I thought we were going to do so in the glowing area, but apparently not. Seems our leader wanted a base in a bit more dangerous place and not a much more dangerous place. My guess is that we'll go there, maybe to build a base, when we have stronger tames, such as Spinos and Megas.

Oh, and I collected a lot of Z-seeds yesterday, so our plans of taming every Glowtail inside the cave are progressing smoothly. xD

• Haha 1

Yesterday i tamed a lvl150 basilisk with a single rockdrake egg (dunno if it matters 10x taming) Had extra low lvl from the previous egg run.. Thought hey ill test and see what the taming progress will be like with a drake egg... (Lvl96)... Dropped it on the ground.. Ran a little further out and basilisk ate the egg BOOM instant tame

Today on Aberration: I finally have to be responsible.

When I start on any new game, I have a blueprint Outpost I knock together every time: First I scout, kill and die as needed until I unlock stone. Simple floor plan: 6x6 foundation, dino gate, four wall high floor one, floors two and three two walls high. First floor is meant to hold one berry gatherer and one or two transport dinos. Floor two is plenty big enough for the essentials - storage, forges, smithy...everything through fabricator fits if I happen to spend a while there. Third floor is my bedroom - beds, storage, table and chair, and it’s mostly meant for my hobby pets...usually dimorphodons and microraptors.

The point is, it is in no way meant to be a long-term living area...just enough to get me by and let me do a bit of taming and have fun while I find a place to build the forever home.

And as it stands on Aberration, I can’t afford to have much more fun until I have a proper home, because I am running out of floor.

I am such a hoarder.

I’m up to eight bulbdogs, five shinehorns, six featherlights...and today I finally found glowtails and brought home seven of those. And on the bottom floor I have my pony, and since my last update confessing that I forcetamed a seeker, I’ve fallen so in love with them I’ve found Cthulhu two friends, Hela and Oavatoc, all stored with said pony.

Meanwhile I still have my rock drake egg I want to hatch...but I get so distracted snatching up every adorable thing I see (yes, I think the seekers are adorable and may actually be my favorite pets) that I have not actually spent any measurable time on a proper home.

But. After a lot of sort of directionless hunting I’ve found one area on the map with enough available real estate for me to build the hangar I’ll need to start my rock drake hoard. When it’s done, I’ll have plenty of housing for everyone, and I’ll be able to get the other beasties I’ve had to wait on for lack of space, namely spino, crab and basilisk.

I’m strongly considering a forcetame if I find a good basilisk, because I’m not a fan of the idea of sacrificing a fertilized rock drake egg that I could hatch and love instead. I’ll make a decision if I ever find a basilisk worth the effort, I suppose.

But I think this will be the last “I tamed half the map” update for a bit. I must finally be responsible and build myself a home so that I might continue my shameless hoarding. ?

• Haha 1

Finally found three low level Titanboas to tame (all in the same friggin area) tamed them all and dropped them in with the oviraptor. Not a single damn egg yet. 

Went scouting for high level squid with one of my brothers, found a 150 and I texted my other brother to log on and help. He showed up shortly after and we loaded up our supplies and went after it. 

That's when everything went to hell. We took Bowser our high health turtle to the deep, and the server crashed. Took us twenty minutes to get back in, Bowser was fighting a level 75 Mosa and managed with our help to kill it. We decided to continue on cause surely our server was okay now.. 

Healed up Bowser and headed to the last known location of the 150 squid. Found him, and allowed him to grab Bowser. As I swam up to give him black pearls the server crashed again.... By the time we got back in we had all drowned, Bowser was killed and we lost a lot of good gear. 

I contacted nitrado support about this and they gave me an extra week of server time as payment for the crashes. Crappy day of Ark but I already prepared some Pteradon kibble to tame a new male turtle for breeding to start this process over again. 

Another short but productive day on Aberration. The wife and I gathered enough materials to finish the walls on our new base, and we moved in our dinos till we build a pen. We still have a ceiling to build and we need to move the rest of our stuff in but its way safer then our old base and in a spot that Im 90% sure nothing will fall in until we get a roof, but to be safe all dinos are on neutral.

After the ceiling my next plan is to get crops going and a sap tap installed on nearby redwoods so we can make sweet veggie cakes to get a mutton farm going to tame ravagers, and to get a bunch of snails for CP and OP

I'm thinking of adding the egg and poop collector mod as soon as we get electricty. On ragnarok we used the s+ item collector which used propellant for fuel, but as far as i know Aberration does not have the mats for propellant, so we will need another mod to collect eggs and poop

Well, I have been playing a bit of aberration after declaring I wouldnt buy it. My friend persuaded me to buy the season pass as it was on sale. 

I logged in to where my friend said he had a base made up. Bang, within 5 seconds I was dead, didnt even get to see what it was. I decide to log in again. I survived enough to see the wonderful looking Spino before dying. 

I decide to wait as another friend was also going to log in (the 3 of us play regularly together so I thought best in numbers). We mange to log in on the waters edge possibly 30 secs from the base and we try to get to his base but 5 Ravagers are constantly killing us off - it was ridiculous. I logged out and went back to the Center.

After breeding a apair of 242 Spinos, a 238 Anky and another 300 Ptera, I put enough food in the trough and head on back to Aberration as my friends said they had given up on that base and were higher up the hill. 

I log in... and run.

I ran all the way up the high hill trying to dodge around rocks as that damned ravager wont leave me alone. Then I jump through the legs of a Paracer and the Ravager hits him too - aggrod and I manage to get away. I get to the base with no further issues, drop some stone and wood I found from the earthquakes and we build up a few walls and roof from stone. At least we had some protection. I log out until the following day.

On first impressions, I was right not to care for this DLC - I knew it wouldnt tickle my fancy but I dont abandon my friends and spent the next day taming a few Ravagers and a 145 Carno - I havent had a Carno for ages but he is decent.

My tribeleader and I did some exploring on our ravagers - sliding along zip lines until i acidentally jumped off it - far far below. Aggord a Spino - jumped over it to another rock and swam for my life to evade a Crab. Ran back to base thoroughly exhausted. Logged off. 

It definitely is a challenge and I will play it but not on my own haha

• Like 1

PS4 - Aberration - Single Player

I've put in another 8+ hours on Aberration since my last posting.  It is still a chore, instead of fun.  I can't find any raptoring oil, nor trilobites, so have after spending about 3 hours, I finally found 2 Dung beetles. But their oil production is so slow.

Unless something drastically changes, after this weekend, I will be back playing the Island, Scorched and Ragnarok.  This new DLC is just toooo big. Too hard to get lost, and too hard to find anything, as everything looks the same.  I'll leave it to the folks who like dying constantly, and banging their heads against a wall.

Didn't do much today either, harvested some wood, some stone and killed Trilobites for chitin. I also made some bug repellent as our tribeleader and his friend had killed some crabs today and made ghillie suits using the polymer. There's a 140-Roll Rat hanging around in the area and I really want to tame him, but my friend still can't play right now. :( At least I tested the ghillie suit + repellent when stealing honey and it worked splendidly; instead of chasing me down with murder in their eyes, the bees just swarmed around the hive, looking confused. Also, the honey lasts 3 hours in the preserving bins, so that's good to know when it's time to tame Mr. Rat.

While out crab hunting, our leader and friend found an alpha crab. They tried killing it, but gave up after removing around 20k hp with crossbows. I suggested us testing compound bows and see if that'll work better, so now we need to gather stuff for said bows.

Oh and since I was bored I bred two of our Ravagers (our leader still hasn't fixed the breeding/maturation settings xD) and then I bred them again. The result was these two pups that I will breed when they're grown, hoping for the colour (because it doesn't look like almost all of our other Ravagers) and the "best" stats:
GXi0a6v.jpg

Oh, and it looks like the Glowtails will have to wait until after Christmas, as my friend and her SO will be going abroad to celebrate with her SO's family. We'll shut down the server until they're back, so I'll have to play something else. My Glowtails... :(

Edited by TotallyUncool
  • Like 1

My raised and imprinted Barryonx has been lvld to 265 with 5.6k health and 630 melee so I thought it time to tackle the swamp cave solo. I crafted up an Mc saddle and some gas masks and headed off. I might add that I haven't entered the swamp cave since pluras were added and used to easily solo it with a good frog. First wave went OK in the corridor tho was surprised at loosing as much health as I did so force fed fish back to about 5k health and headed down to first cavern. Lost my first mask and almost died before I could fit a spare as I was swarmed but cleared it and moved on first red drop had asc barryonx saddle.!! Rest of cave was a breeze with only one more mask down. Cleared it 2 more times with no good bps but some asc flack. Good day.

• Like 1

Today was kind of a 2 steps forward 1 step back day. Started out seeing a 120 roll rat near base. We cant make the saddle yet (we are only lvl 42), but wasnt going to pass up taming it so I ran to the nearest behive and stole honey and spammed 100 aggeravic mushrooms to just stay alive, and make it back with 20 hp out of 500, lol. I dont usually get hit that hard, but this time a swarm of bees spawned and chased me. So we tame the rat and had to remove a door to get him inside. Then we gather more stone wood and thatch for ceilings.

After we gather enough to make half our needed ceilings I spot an explorer note. We grab it for the xp boost and build the ceilings as well as 300 narcotics...then my server crashes with a roll back. Luckily we still had the roll rat, but lost the xp boost from the note. Went back to get it but it wouldnt let us grab it again. So we get the ceilings going again and I built and placed a sap tap and we log for the day.

So from now on im doing a /saveworld every time we accomplish something, lol. Wasnt a huge set back but the xp boost would have got us to the rat saddle quicker

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

Busy weekend.

Raised four Rex's. Three for boss fights and one for our clean 0 mutation line with all the stats (9.9k hp, 2226 stamina, 940 weight, 385 melee). 

Tamed a 140 golem. We built a nice metal building and placed the cannon face level with the Golem. First attempt we had the cannon sticking out and the Golem destroyed it. We lured the Golem away then constructed so the cannon is more protected. Brought the Golem back to the trap but it actually came around the trap while we were distracted, lol. It hit the Wyvern's so we jumped on and took off. Aggroed it back around and into the trap then I sat below the trap with a 10k durability riot shield to keep it's head steady. We better farm more crystal if we are going to keep taming Golem's. lol. 

We also tamed two Mantis'. A 135 female and a 150 male. The male was just a tame of opportunity. My tribe mate built a Mantis trap and while he tamed the 135 female I flew around looking for another female. Found the 150 male and well, 150. I tamed him the old fashion way. Ghillie and bug repellant, following him around. I only aggroed him once and still got perfect tame. We now have 2 females and 2 males. We keep the one male at a side base then keep the others in with our egg layers. We are going to need more if we want to keep taming Golem's though. 

Seen a 150 female basil. Traded for Theri kibble to tame it up. My tribe mate was at dinner so I wanted to wait for him but he was away longer than expected. I'm sure it is still out there somewhere so I have to try and get it before Saturday which is when I plan on doing some breeding in preparation for the long time off of work coming up. 

Trapped a 145 griffin. Didn't have anything on me to knock it out so I went back to base to grab a rifle and darts. Gone 1 minute. Despawned in trap. Lesson learned. 

We tamed up a new high weight Thorny so I bred her up with our male and we got every stat. Level 249 hatch. 2k hp, 1500 stam, 534 weight, 300 melee. We even got the high oxygen and food stat. 

We also knocked out a 150 saber. He was good but didn't surpass any of our high stats but we needed a male breeder so since it was 2x we tamed him up. Bred him with both females and got a nice born saber. Grabbed father's HP (2100) but mother's stam (980) and melee (387) so perfect for what we were looking for. Now I can breed him with the other female who has high HP (2250) and same melee. 

Started doing cross server trades again and came away with some good items. Traded a mating pair of Yuty's (9.2k hp, 1728 stam stamina female/ 2128 stamina male) for a 80 armor Rex saddle BP.  Delightful guy. Very accommodating. He is on an island server and has 5 other Rex bp's including his personal 101 but also a 95, 78, 66, and after the trade we were still chatting he pulled a 91 armor bp. He'll be able to make some great trades with those. 

I also acquired some cyan mutated boss Theri's. The girl I traded with was equally delightful. Her base is just full of mutated Theri's, Tape's, Thyla's, Argy's. She also has some red spike doedics. I traded her one of our Orange shell doedics with green spikes for two eggs. I felt like she overpaid but she was very happy with the doedic. I'm going to raise her a male with orange shell, purple spike, and green body as a gift though. Her Theri's are Cyan with 9.2k hp and 396 melee at hatch. Monster's. I hatched one egg and got twin males. Mutation count is high but we got two clean females we can breed with to clean up a side. We'll hatch the other egg this upcoming week. 

We did some building too. Trying to reduce lag in area and two bases went down this week so we expanded to spread out dino's in a render range. Built a worker barn at top of hill. We are keeping our weight Wyvern and our extra Fire up there. Also keep our power Theri and delicate Theri, our Mammoth, a few Anky's, a few Doedics, our 1500 weight Beaver, and an Argy. We acquired an oil pump as well. I unlocked it for community but placed a building around it. The plan is to keep it open for the community but if we happen to lapse on replacing it and someone decides to place their own I will shut the doors and it will never be opened again. I let them know it too. 

We also built a few traps in area for Rex's, Allo's,  and Saber's. My tribe mate usually uses his Wyvern to tank Rex's but we had some dicey moments and it feels like they hit harder which is fine by me personally. I like the added danger. I'll use the traps occasionally but I prefer positioning or firing off the back of a saber and running away. We had too many Rex's die by fleeing to the water though so it's actually a good idea.  We are leaving these traps public as well since our area is one of the last Un-built Rex spawns. We probably dropped 20 to 30 Rex's over these last 4 days. All 135+ but none of them had anything to add to our current line. I did tame another scorpion because some were close enough if we had more kibble I'd probably give them a shot and hope for a favorable roll. I may tame one more scorpion. 

I got decimated by the ice Queen twice this week. I guess I can't solo her anymore. I may breed up some vultures or dimorph's if I do decide to solo her. I also am trying to trade for some ravager's to run the basic section with. I can raise them in the tunnel's. Either that or I may do a Bear. Everybody else is doing Thyla's but that's boring. Lol. Plus bears add insulation which will be great as I prefer flak/riot armor over fur (though the Fria curry has helped). 

I have off from the 24th to the 4th so a lot on the docket but the biggest thing is big raises. Quetzal's, Yuty's, Basil's, and if we can get our hands on some in the next few days, Giga's. I will say I hate these 8 hour imprint timers. I'm getting worse imprints now then I did with the 3 to 4 hour timers. 83-85% on the two Doedic's, Thorny, and Saber I just raised. Rex's are looking like they may be the same. Two weeks ago with similar set up I got 100% on two Rex's, a Doedic, and a Saber, and 99% on the other two Rex's. Maybe it'll help out with the longer raises like the Yuty's, Basil's, Quetzal's, and Giga's. Guess we'll find out. 

I did not get Abberation as my single protest to Wildcard leaving so many issues on their official server's but my one ally did. he brought us some bulbdogs and climbing picks as gifts though i wonder how well a climbing pick will work on ragnarok. He is also bringing us over some wing suits. The bulbdog is awesome. First shoulder mount I am continuously carrying. it alerted me to 3 150 argy's, 2 150 anky's, a 150 doedic, and 2 150 saber's last night. I dropped all of them and they didn't add to our line but what a great tool to have. he also alerted me to a 150 megalania, scorpion, allo, hyena, ptera, pelagornis, paracer, and dimorph. The light helps too at night. Pretty cool dino and yes that is a bulbdog skin on a mask placed on a bulbdog. 

I'll add a few pics in a bit. Sorry for the dissertation. xD

PS_Messages_20171221_084923.jpg

PS_Messages_20171219_072618.jpg

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 2