So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Nothing at all, didn't even log on....... Giving Ark a wide birth until I know if the current Legacy servers are going to be culled again! And whether or not mine will be on the list if it is........ We already kinda rage quit, in that most of the animals are gone and one of the main buildings too........ So!? Dunno, be back on in a couple of days just to keep the vultures away, lol........

Dear diary,

I haven't seen a single otter in 2 weeks. Today on the beach I found one. Ran back to my base with my bear, got my ichthyornis and my taming raft. Tamed it. Drove a minute with the raft and saw another one. Tamed it too. Now I got a male and female. Halleluja! Next breeding event I force them to make sex.

Edited by AdligerAdler
  • Haha 2

Well last night, my tribe mate and i accepted that legacy is on its last legs and decided o give all our resources and dinos away.

Took about an hour just to unclaim and unlock everything. There are now a few people that are a share of  30k ingot better off along with a load of other resources, 8 boss rexes, a titan killing giga, 5 wyvens, 6 very op ankys, a ton of allo's and quite a few other tames. All mainly mutated too!

was sad to see all our hard earned tames go from us including our 1st tame that we still had.

But eh ho. maybe start again when aberation one day gets to xbox!!!!........ 

• Sad 1

Today: Day four of Operation Kitty paid off, as I finally found a high level thylacoleo to bring home. Four days’ trek through the redwoods before I found a pretty 145 to bring in. I named her Sheba.

I also took the hunt time to indulge my standard venturing habits. I murdered every single troodon I saw, and stopped to scout the level of every dimorphodon I saw.

I added one more to my happy starter flock today...a brown and orange 130 male I named Charr.

And I addressed an apparent bug on non-dedicated PS4 Ragnarok games, where all my ice wyverns turn the same color even though they hatched / were transferred with different coloration. So three ice wyverns got a paint job to return them to their original colors.

Edited by LadyCrescent
  • Like 1

Traded a butt load of ingots for a wyvern and had to make several argy train trips. Forgot to shut the door and someone helped themselves to the contents of my unlocked bookshelf, egg fridge, and fabricator. Even on PVE thieves are a bain, luckily all the ingot boxes were locked. Spent the day restocking though it will take awhile to replace all the lost BPs  :(  

• Sad 1

I have my base in the swamp near redwood, and Sunday a 45 giga spawned in redwood, he was wandering around having fun, i ignored him.

Monday he came by my walls to say Hi, said its time do to something, but not many strong players online, found 2 other to help me, and we decided to try to KO it first, didn't work, then we tried to kill it (2 lightning wyverns and my poison), didn't work either, but we managed to kite him away a bit.

Today he came by to say hi again, luckily some strong players were online this time, so i gathered about 7 players and the fun started, and kept going for a entire night, and obviously i killed my self with my poison wyvern, and with the first ray of sun rise giga died (must have been a vampire giga).

Other then this the usual alpha hunt just to keep the preserving bins going and some beacons hunt.

Haven't done much the last few days, been playing around with Destiny 2. We did breed our otters last night and this morning finally tamed a lvl 95 male giga (141 after tame)  Giga tame went pretty uneventfull after we kitted a 2nd low lvl giga away to a watery grave. Was wierd seeing 2 gigas so close to each other in the highlands. We aren't even at a high enough level to learn the giga saddle, but we found a purple bp in a loot crate a few days ago.

Tomorrow we hope to find and tame a mate for our giga and find a female 140+ mosa, but Im only putting a few hrs into looking then we are spending the rest of the night playing Destiny 2

Edited by Jabnlab

Needed a bit of a chillax session so took the Squid out for a wee bit of muddering. Found a cool looking black and red 145 female Angler so decided to grab her and take her back to the cave for taming, then took her out for the customary gather thousands of pearls and get 10 levels into speed that I always do for new Anglers. Unfortunately though forgot to take any meat with me to feed her, and Anglers are little gannets, so needing to feed her I went after a couple of Ichthy's, then got shanghai'd and pinned by 3 sharks, only just managed to get out of there with a sliver of health left.

After that headed back out on Da Boss, and found a 150 female Dunky. At last! every high level Dunky I've found has been a male, so I had to get her. Took her back to the cave and ko'd, 31 levels pre tame into weight which was nice. With a mate boosted pair of high level high weight Dunkies and easy access to a load of metal in my underwater cave, I'm considering getting rid of my last 2 Anky's. With the way metal, crystal and oil is on Rag, and with so much of it available under water, it's much quicker and more efficient to farm for that stuff solo with a Dunky, and my Mantis with a pickaxe is way quicker for getting flint. It's a quandary as I do love Anky's, but they're pretty much just base décor now.

Also decided to change the look of my Mill building by changing from Cotswold Stone to Herringbone Brick and just that change has made me much happier with how that building looks. Started building a palisade fence around the area until I got bored.

Finished off with a bit of Wyvern slaughter in the trench, and found a 165 Lightening Egg. Had to kill a 190 Poison to get to it but unfortunately there wasn't a matching egg. Not that I bother with Poisons, but it would have been nice to have. Also popped into the Murder Snow to see if there were any Ice eggs around but unfortunately not.

I havent posted for a week as I have been on half term looking after my daughter - Daddy days out!

Ill keep it brief, but I basically bred whenever the tame cap was lifted... its been so annoying and hard to do anything. 

Managed to get 4 out of 6 stats on my Ptera, it now has a mutated neon green wings, with a neon green body! Stats are currently HP 2041, Stam 480, Weight 232 and Melee 410. Hopefully I can get the 8k food and the 870 Oxy on there soon as its already hatching at 271.

I started a Direbear breeding programme too as I lost my Direbear in the most unfortunate of circumstances - forgot any armour when going for a meat run - got 1 shotted unconscious by a 140 Theri - it killed my Bear - just not sure how :(

That was a day after i lost my 270 Spino to a hoarde of Megalodons and an Alpha Megalodon - I got encumbered and couldnt clear it quick enough :(

So, not a great couple of days as I lost some progress with my Bear and Spino - but bred a new Bear with decentish stats but around 90% imprint.

Ive had a few days off so will log on later to check out this Halloween event - not overly bothered as the server will still be capped no doubt.

Well since the last time I posted (can't remember when that was) I have been up to a lot I suppose.

My wandering Equus (7 of them- 1 male, 6 females) kept having babies in their decently sized pasture. I whittled them down and I also now know what a dying baby horse sounds like :/. Got it down to 3 (1 male, 2 females) and STILL KEPT having babies! Multiple times a day (SP settings), so set them to not wander so I could actually play for awhile.

Spawned in the TEK atv to see what that was like... HATED IT! So slow, handling is really poor and it takes up a tamed slot to boot. So I tried killing it... tried to have my Rex chomp on it= no damage then took it out to some wild Allos and let them chomp on it= no damage, by now I am getting frustrated so I pull out the shotgun and shoot it multiple times= no damage! DILO?! I then take it out to the ocean and try to drown it (I mean it does have a health bar after all)= nothing but is now stuck. I am getting desperate at this point, I've wasted more time on this damn thing and just want it gone already. I then decide I am going to spawn in a rocket launcher and 1 rocket. I fire the rpg and IT STILL doesn't die!! So I spawn in 10 rpg's, fire 2 and finally the damn thing blows up!

Tamed up a few more sheep (have 9 now), they are just so easy to tame! Painted some of my base/barn. And tamed a 135 Daeodon (which was really needed in the soon-to-be future).

I decided to see what a Wyvern egg run was all about (lol) since I haven't even dared to attempt it yet (remember SP here). So I took my ridiculously stated (spawned in the beginning of the game) fire Wyvern (lvl 802, half a million in health, super OP). Anyways, went into the scar (Ragnarok) and seen TONS of Wyverns, had quite a few aerial battles happen. Then went in to snatch an egg, had my Wyvern set on follow but didn't realize how small the nooks were where the nests are... he fell out and flapped like mad right outside the nook so I whistled him to unfollow and he goes over and lands if the f**king lava and just sits there. I had to maneuver my way down and then run all the way over to him but by then he was all bloody. Checked his health and he only has 900hp left. Take him home and I swap him out for my lvl 92 Griffin, he came back bloody too but not from lava. Luckily I have a Daeodon! That pig ate me out of house and home healing up my Wyvern and Griffin.

Ended up with an almost full fridge full of Wyvern eggs (47/48) from lvl 4 to lvl 190.

Been on in fits and starts, so a brief summary of what I've been up to;

Took the Fire Wyvern into the carnivorous caverns for a look around since I've never been in there before, found a 135 male Megalosaurus and took it back to base to tame, accidentally hit it one too many times and lost some effectiveness on it, but never mind. 

Scoured the Wyvern trench and finally found a 190 Lightning egg and hatched it.

Now that my female Megalosaur is mate boosted she's pooping out loads of eggs, got 20 in a very short space of time. Used them to tame a 145 male Theri.

Did some modding work, forgot about the 190 Lightning baby. It died.

Hatched a 165 Lightning that I had in storage.

Tamed two 150 female Megatheriums at the same time. Both were pretty rubbish, I probably won't keep either of them.

Took a Liop out to get some fish meat to feed the Bary's and Otters, and found a deep sea loot crate with an Ascendent Quetz platform saddle, so crafted that up.

Took one of the new Megatheriums out to the volcano for organic polymer gather cum levelling and attracted the attention of an Alpha Wyvern. TP'd back to base and came back on the Fire Wyvern and took it out nice and easily, nice stock of Wyvern milk for the icebox, and a cool trophy for the wall in the armoury.

Once the lightning finished raising took it out for some fun, in the space of an hour or so I'd killed 3 Alpha Raptors (2 of which were at the same time), two Alpha Carnos, lord knows how many Brontos and Rex's, and finished off with my first ever Titanosaur kill. Gained about 50 levels on him, 14 of which were just from the Titan. He's a beast, really kicking myself over losing the 190 :(

Ground out a shed load of metal to replace what I'd used to craft the Quetz saddle, and in prep to craft an S+ Tek Replicator to start making underwater compartments.

11 hours ago, Shibiz said:

As EU-TheIsland78 is capped I just farmed metal, obsidian, crystals and had a pelt farm.

Sounds similar to TheCenter60 NA-PVE

We are capped too, and with some help from the server, we all agreed to kill off dodos and low lvl dinos so we could all get a few babies done. I managed to raise a pair of Spinos, nothing too decent but 221 was enough to keep and use as it was imprinted.

Managed to get a light baby blue Ptera to hatch so was a keeper and am now hatching lvl 273 baby Pteras with 5 of the 6 best stats. Had a mutated stam go to 495 so that was also good to go with the 422 mutated melee stat now.

Other than that, I farmed a lot of metal, stone and grinded my way up to lvl 92. 

With 8x we could have done so much more but there are tribes with 500 dinos that just dont want to kill anything off, so we were capped for 96% of the time.

10 hours ago, Anarki said:

Sounds similar to TheCenter60 NA-PVE

We are capped too, and with some help from the server, we all agreed to kill off dodos and low lvl dinos so we could all get a few babies done. I managed to raise a pair of Spinos, nothing too decent but 221 was enough to keep and use as it was imprinted.

Managed to get a light baby blue Ptera to hatch so was a keeper and am now hatching lvl 273 baby Pteras with 5 of the 6 best stats. Had a mutated stam go to 495 so that was also good to go with the 422 mutated melee stat now.

Other than that, I farmed a lot of metal, stone and grinded my way up to lvl 92. 

With 8x we could have done so much more but there are tribes with 500 dinos that just dont want to kill anything off, so we were capped for 96% of the time.

Our problems is that day before we have a clan taming huge amounts of dodo's so they fill up spots for them self, they also transferred dino's from SE to TE to make it worse. Their clan tame is capped, so they have smurf clan to obtain even more space.

On 10/23/2017 at 11:28 PM, ickleMrG said:

Well last night, my tribe mate and i accepted that legacy is on its last legs and decided o give all our resources and dinos away.

Took about an hour just to unclaim and unlock everything. There are now a few people that are a share of  30k ingot better off along with a load of other resources, 8 boss rexes, a titan killing giga, 5 wyvens, 6 very op ankys, a ton of allo's and quite a few other tames. All mainly mutated too!

was sad to see all our hard earned tames go from us including our 1st tame that we still had.

But eh ho. maybe start again when aberation one day gets to xbox!!!!........ 

So sad...I too am becoming resigned about legacy....often I am the only one on the server. I wish they would allow us to transfer dinos to dedicated servers. It's heartbreaking to lose 2 + years of time and work... wildcard has pretty much treated us badly. They don't seem to really care about their original player base at all.

Edited by Allouria