So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Not sure how much room you have, but if you can afford to, I would save all the females born without mutations, and add them to the breeding pool. Then you can breed a whoole bunch each time you are on, and increase your chances of getting a color mutation. Since I am assuming you are starting with high level breeding parents, the offspring should be good too. Then once you get the colors you wanted, you can re-focus on improving the stats is that is your desire.   I know, easier said than done. 

I currently have around 25 females and 5-6 males used in my breeding pen.  All color mutations are saved and moved to another area. All non color mutations starve or are killed.(Then fed to the survivors)  I've gotten most of the color mutations I want, except still no Bright Red body, Neon Blue Body, Neon Yellow Spine,  or Black body.  once i get those, I will replace all the current breeders with all the Color mutated and  wait for the rainbow explosion!

last night I got a bright red spine (first time ever getting one of these) a Pink Spine, Sku Blue body, Lime Green belly, and maybe a couple more that escape my memory at the moment.

I never thought to keep the females, lol. Ill start doing that to increase my chances of mutations. Thank you for the suggestion. They are born at lvl 242 now so pretty decent. I have plenty of room, its a private server with just 4 who play on it

I put a tek forcefield on a quetz, then proceeded to the wyvern trench.
(Playing on a modded server so it's the S+ version)

Slowly taking my time to pick up all the eggs, of course I took breaks to dance around naked while singing Can't touch this!
Poor wyverns couldn't do anything but watch as I stole their offspring....

9360C1CCF4D3FFB65344168C1F71794D7A102EAE

Edited by Gelantious
  • Haha 3

What me and my tribe did in ark the past days:

• Hunted down two level 96 Giga's for their hearths
  • Took down the Alpha Dragon
  • Cleared all caves again to get the artifacts for alpha ascension

We almost lost our plessy in the underwater cave, and sadly our Mossa didn't make it. That cave remains brutal no matter how you look at it, but we did get what we needed. Our mossa will be missed, but his legacy will love on in our mind until we find a better one of course.

The Alpha dragon went down surprisingly fast.
The whole fight lasted maybe 5 minutes.
Our super chicken army of doom slaughtered the bad lizard without sustaining any losses thanks to our massive veggie cake bakery :D
We're now preparing for the Alpha Ascension which we're going to stream as well when we do it.

Other Ark related content we did : deal with the drama about our video's and people who cannot think outside the box.

• Like 2

Been working on mods rather than playing, but popped on last night for a bit to check all was well since my server host has relocated my box, all good, D had everything under control and had got our other players informed of the change. 

Took the Ice Wyvern out for a spin and with her new reins she’s a pleasure to ride, although I’ve been using a Griffin for so long now I keep trying to dive on her xD 

Found an all white female 150 Daeodon, so blagged some more eggs from D to tame her up. Rubbish stats unfortunately but the colours are nice to go with Minstrel the black and white piggy.

Hatched the 190 fire Wyvern egg and worked out that I’d need to be up at 6am to feed her. D’oh! So set the early alarm and logged, then when it went off this morning, I got up and logged in then lay back down in bed as it was loading, and of course woke up again at 7:45. I was dead, so quick respawned and ran out to see if the baby Wyvern was ok, and she was, just, down to 15 food! Quick gave her a couple of milks, and got another couple of hours sleep.

• Like 1

PS4 - The Island - Single Player

I was multi taking last night. playing ARK, and watching the football game. All I was doing was hanging around the breeding pen waiting for color mutated Thyla babies to be born.

I have been using the hanging breeding pen method I learned from a TAGBACK TV video, and it seems to work much better than other versions, but I have noticed, that if I go out of render distance of the pen, about 75% of the hanging Thylas will be back on the ground when I return. SO that means I can't do much other stuff. Thus, my hopping back and forth from the NFL to ARK.

I FINALLY got a black bodied baby. and a bit later a Neon Green spined baby. Then I went thru a huge stretch with no mutations. Sadly, I did switch back from the TV one time to watch a Neon Blue bodied baby die just as i was running up to claim/feed it. That is the 2nd time I have lost a Neon Blue bodied baby!  A bit later, I did get a different blue belly mutation, and added that to the mutation group.

I've been really hoping to get a bright Red body, Neon Green body and Neon Blue body, and Hot Pink Belly.   But I played for about 7 hours yesterday, and only got those few mutations listed earlier.  So I am thinking that if can play this weekend, I may switch over to breeding the mutants I already have.

With the cooler fall weather, I will start spending most weekends out in the woods, so no ARK binge weekends until December at the earliest.

Lost connection to host 4 times in a row, stepped outside base, dashboarded. Lost connection to host 2 more times getting back in, dashboarded getting a purple drop by my base.  Got eaten by a terror bird. Dashboarded again recovering my inventory, lost connection to host again after finally getting my stuff and flying over my base, shut Xbox off. Fun day of ark action!

• Sad 1

A lot happened and it's been and is still crazy at work so just some fine points. 

Me and one Tribe mate (from legacy) split from our other tribe mate (Legacy Ally) since our directions were different and so the resources weren't going to where we wanted them to go. It was a hostile flare up between them so I played middle man. It turned out to be fairly congenial in the end without any type of deceitfulness. We spent last weekend building our new base and just have been adding a little bit during the week. 

I'm in the dimetrodon business. Bred the ones we had before we left, raised those eggs got a m and f, raised another one, another f, Now are raising two more, a male and female. We'll keep the female and sell the male then breed all 3 and keep 1 more female then start selling them. Always one of the hardest kibbles to get for people and the torpor timer being :47 seconds turns a lot of people off of taming them so there' s a market there definitely. 

With our base just needing cosmetics at this point plus small expansion's (will do water pen this week on my 4 days off) we started hatching again. Finally got all our current high stats on one Anky (8th generation). 6160 HP, 840 stam, 460 weight, 375 melee. It's male so that helps too. 254 level hatch. Then we hatched a female with same stats though lower level due to lower food (232 I believe). So we can guarantee the most important stats but we'll breed that male with all our females. We'll keep looking for higher stats as well plus maybe get some stat mutations. 

Hatched a Rex (well kept one hatched Rex is more accurate), she got the HP (9900) and the stamina (2058) but not the melee (382 is high she got 355) or weight (920 is high she got 900). Still we have found it hardest to transfer the stamina so we'll keep her. 

We'll hatch the Quetzal and two more turtles today. The dimetrodon's will finish up so I'll breed them all and probably hatch those eggs as well. I'll harvest more stone and thatch (took mammoth out for wood last night) plus our daily trips to mine metal and obsidian. I need to tame two female Raptor's to finish our kibble farm and other than that drop every high level Anky, Rex, and Doedic that we see to try and improve those lines.

Plan on doing first mammals tomorrow. Bears and Sabertooths. I'm excited for that. 

I started using Ark Smart Breeder and I can not recommend it enough. Tremendous program for your breeding. 

Hopefully works calms a little and I have some good tales for next week. 

• Like 1

Only had an hour or so between jobs today, so hopped on to check that the Fire Wyvern had enough food, then figured I'd pop to the scar to grab another couple of eggs. Left base and spotted Gigantopithicus so dropped down to check the level. 150 Female. Change of plan! Back to base, Quetz, pick, pen, drop. Now though, I don't have any snake eggs and I was the only one online, so I spawned in the kibble. Don't like doing it, but I haven't seen a 150 Bigfoot in a very, very long time. This does mean I'm now obligated by my own code of honour to go out and tame some bloody snakes and make the kibble just to drop it on the ground, but them's the breaks. I'm not happy with how cluttered my base is getting at the moment, especially since I've just added two honking great big Wyverns to it, with definitely one more to come if I can find a very high level Lightening. I may have to go on a cull, or relocate some dinos either to the mill by my water pen or the Highlands farm. I need a three metre tall hairy woman in my life though so there's no way I was letting this pass.

After she tamed up I headed over to the mill and quickly added some dormer windows to the roof, a proper attic, and a spiral staircase up to the second floor. I'm still not totally happy with how the whole building looks, but that improved things a little bit. That was it for today, the Fire should be finished growing by the time I get home from work tonight so I'll probably take her on a little levelling trip, and maybe build some stables over by the mill to transfer some of my clutter over too, probably some of the mammals since I don't need to be around them regularly to get eggs dropping.

• Haha 1

Did some more thyla breeding the past few days and did as @Aushegun suggested and kept the females. Still no color morphs but I did get a weight mutation. 

Today was one of those days we set out with big plans, but didnt get much done. Started off looking for a 140+ female mosa. Killed about a dozen low levels before giving up.

Next we headed to murder snow in search of ice wyvren eggs and polar bears. No luck on the bears, but we did find 2 wyvren eggs, but only a lvl 20 and lvl 55. 

After that we decided to look for a giga. I setup a cheap trap and located an 85 male in the highlands. Just as we were going to agro it, the wife spots a lvl 90 Unicorn, so we scoop it up and bring it back to base to tame. After that we head back to the giga, but couldnt for the life of me get it trapped in the cheap trap, so Im going to work on building a more expensive trap later this week.

After that we hauled 11k ingots from our desert base to our main base, still got about 20k left to move, but Im probably going to save some time and make a couple of ascendent mosa saddles down there.

To wrap up the afternoon we set out looking for a 140+ female Thezio to mate with our male...but it ended the same as the mosa hunt, killing a bunch of low levels and a few high lvl males before calling it quits for the afternoon.

We plan on hopping on again tonight and will start looking for mosas again. If that fails I think i may setup a taming pen near the trench and try for a dunklo or 2 depending on how many boa eggs we have

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

Since it's 2x breeding I hatched my mutated theri egg that I got for 4k cement. Unfortunately it's just a normal orange, a color I don't like. The theri looks like some from the wild. But it's level 191 and my first high lvl theri ever, so I'm still happy. It's at 18% now. Damn it was ugly as a baby and it's head conparedto its body size... huge.

The cull was ruthless. Over 30 dinos cleared out, all the shoulder pets except the otters, dodos and kairuku gone, half the pigs, ankys, scorpions, megalania, and pteras bit the dust. Two rexes went to the obelisk, the lowest level allo went, one of the sloths and two of the bears. The Hyaenas got split up into small packs instead of one small group, one dunky, frog and bary lost. All in all, a lot of space freed up and a lot less base clutter.

Took the new fire wyvern out for some levelling, and she’s a beast. Took out a lvl 55 alpha raptor with ease, took on a 150 alpha carno, that was a bit dodgy. I got trapped and out out stamina unable to flame or fly and just about got it down with just 500 health left, found a 140 alpha carno not long after and that was was easier, I was able to keep it at distance and take it out without too many hits. All in all I got about 40 levels on her in a very short time, up to 2k stamina and hitting for just shy of 450 with a bite without even touching melee yet. I must confess to a bit more admin abuse though, she was all the same colour, completely orange all over, so I’ve tweaked her colours to be a bit more interesting. As much as I like orange it was a bit much xD

Today when I get on I shall be mostly low level snake hunting, and definitely going to build some mammal stables, I think I may split them between my water pen and the highlands farm to spread things out a bit.

• Sad 1

I did Dodo grief today :D

I tamed 10 dodos, than planted C4 on them and goes to find a tribe that is offline, and I've find once, a big one ;0 I'm sure that they build it for 3 weeks ^.^

They will get surprised when they log on ?

Their turrets will destroy whole base by detonating all dodos that I put behind ?

It's very good tactic for ORP server, you know?

Edited by Mervvin

I finally got back on to the Official PvE server I've been playing on... always sits at 70/70 no matter what time I try to login at...
Only to find some of my base and some dinos were auto destroyed :(

Logged into my official pvp server to find my hidden solo base wasn't quite hidden enough... was raided and my passive Ptera killed for the lulz...

On the positive side, I've been playing on a private cluster, moved from he island to a new spot at the redwoods in Rag. Got a fancy tree house on the go with a nice selection of solo tames - high level Argie, Ptera, Thera, Beaver and Doedic. The server admins enabled the Halloween mod so now I have a spooky graveyard leading up to my base :)

• Like 1

Looked for gigas again yesterday at the highlands and green obi and struck out. Its like they just stopped spawning on my map. Then we looked for a 140+ female mosa again, found and killed a bunch of low lvls, as well as 2 alpha mosas, but never did find a high lvl female.

This morning we farmed more metal. We are prepping for another big build in the highlands. Going for a large castle but cant decide if i want to make it stone with a massive metal fence for giga protection...or just build the entire thing out of metal. I'm leaning more towards stone for that classic castle look.

Destiny 2 comes out on pc tomorrow so we may not get much Ark play time this weekend, although Ill probably atleast put a few hours into the giga/mosa search again. I'm also planning on renting an aberation server once it comes out, so my rag map may get neglected for a few weeks while we explore Aberation. I may just shut down rag for a few weeks, or just log in a few times a week to feed everything. I'm not going cluster the 2 servers and plan on just starting a fresh toon on aberation, so it should be fun

• Like 1