So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

One other thing I did this weekend, was log on with my first ever survivor character, and got to re-visit my first serious base.

I've learned a lot since then, and my designs have changed a lot.  But the benefit of playing Single Player, is I only have to worry about dinos attacking, so I don't need to focus on defense as much.  Such as I rarely make mental structures in my bases, as they just aren't really needed in PvE Single Player. 

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20171015102344.jpg

Edited by Aushegun

PS4 - The Island - Single Player

Last night was an amazing night on ARK.  As you read yesterday, due to Blue Screens of Death, I experienced some depressing loses of mutated Thyla babies, including  my first ever Hot Pink body, and Neon Blue belly.   I was one sad Panda.

Last night, I get back to my Thyla breeding pen, and continue the breeding for color mutations. It was slow going, and the first couple hours was nothing but normal colored babies. In fact, I had been saving all the females, and adding them to the breeding pool. But I realized that I had too many in the pen, and it was hard to check on all the babies. So I started clearing out the breeding pen, and organized the breeders to hang from walls while breeding (Thank you TAGBACK TV) After doing this, I start to harvest the dead babies for meat to fill the meat bins. Imagine my sadness, when I found a dead baby Thylas with a baby blue belly. Then another one with a lavender belly.  Drats! I had missed those in the chaos, and they starved to death.

So I get everything cleaned up, and start the breeding process again. Within 30 minutes, a whole bunch of babies are born. and as I am checking them out, I see something in the corner of my eye.  could it be? OMG, it is!   Another PINK PANTHER baby was born!  I rush over and fill it with meat, and force feed it too.  I am amazed! after breeding over 600 thyla babies this summer and NEVER getting a hot pink one, I now have gotten 2 of them in two days!! Using the suggestion posted by someone in this thread, I immediately tried a "Saveworld" admin command, and I quickly smiled when I saw the Saving icon in the bottom right of the screen.

So I check the other babies, and I get a blaze orange baby, which I love. And then I start thinking to myself. How lucky I was to get another Pink baby born! What are the odds?  Then I start thinking about the Neon Blue belly baby that I lost the day before due to blue screen. And literally as I am thinking to myself. I sure wish I could get another one of those to be born, I notice a baby thyla running on the far side of the pen. I can tell something is off with the color of it, so I rush over.  HOLY CRAP, it is a neon blue belly Thyla baby!   "What is going on here?" Did the ARK gods read my sad posting from yesterday, and decide to make amends? Then I notice that this baby has a TWIN!  

So not only did I get my Pink Panther back, but I also got double Neon Blue belly babies!!!!

By the end of the night (and many "SaveWorld" commands later) I also had a Mint green baby, a neon green baby, a Blue spine baby, and purple spine baby, and a Black belly baby! :)

I still have a lot of colors that I still want, but I really was amazed by how many color mutations I got in one night.  Amazingly, even though it is a natural color, I have not gotten a black body mutation. 

I wonder if me turning off the dino count on the map, somehow affected the color mutation rate?  Probably not, but whatever it is, I am no longer a Sad Panda!

(I forgot to transfer pictures to my PC of the "reincarnated dinos" so to refresh you memory, Pink Panther looks just like this one!

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20171015194130.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - The Island - Single Player

Last night was an amazing night on ARK.  As you read yesterday, due to Blue Screens of Death, I experienced some depressing loses of mutated Thyla babies, including  my first ever Hot Pink body, and Neon Blue belly.   I was one sad Panda.

Last night, I get back to my Thyla breeding pen, and continue the breeding for color mutations. It was slow going, and the first couple hours was nothing but normal colored babies. In fact, I had been saving all the females, and adding them to the breeding pool. But I realized that I had too many in the pen, and it was hard to check on all the babies. So I started clearing out the breeding pen, and organized the breeders to hang from walls while breeding (Thank you TAGBACK TV) After doing this, I start to harvest the dead babies for meat to fill the meat bins. Imagine my sadness, when I found a dead baby Thylas with a baby blue belly. Then another one with a lavender belly.  Drats! I had missed those in the chaos, and they starved to death.

So I get everything cleaned up, and start the breeding process again. Within 30 minutes, a whole bunch of babies are born. and as I am checking them out, I see something in the corner of my eye.  could it be? OMG, it is!   Another PINK PANTHER baby was born!  I rush over and fill it with meat, and force feed it too.  I am amazed! after breeding over 600 thyla babies this summer and NEVER getting a hot pink one, I now have gotten 2 of them in two days!! Using the suggestion posted by someone in this thread, I immediately tried a "Saveworld" admin command, and I quickly smiled when I saw the Saving icon in the bottom right of the screen.

So I check the other babies, and I get a blaze orange baby, which I love. And then I start thinking to myself. How lucky I was to get another Pink baby born! What are the odds?  Then I start thinking about the Neon Blue belly baby that I lost the day before due to blue screen. And literally as I am thinking to myself. I sure wish I could get another one of those to be born, I notice a baby thyla running on the far side of the pen. I can tell something is off with the color of it, so I rush over.  HOLY CRAP, it is a neon blue belly Thyla baby!   "What is going on here?" Did the ARK gods read my sad posting from yesterday, and decide to make amends? Then I notice that this baby has a TWIN!  

So not only did I get my Pink Panther back, but I also got double Neon Blue belly babies!!!!

By the end of the night (and many "SaveWorld" commands later) I also had a Mint green baby, a neon green baby, a Blue spine baby, and purple spine baby, and a Black belly baby! :)

I still have a lot of colors that I still want, but I really was amazed by how many color mutations I got in one night.  Amazingly, even though it is a natural color, I have not gotten a black body mutation. 

I wonder if me turning off the dino count on the map, somehow affected the color mutation rate?  Probably not, but whatever it is, I am no longer a Sad Panda!

(I forgot to transfer pictures to my PC of the "reincarnated dinos" so to refresh you memory, Pink Panther looks just like this one!

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20171015194130.jpg

OMG dude, that looks almost identical to super Thylas I just Bred yesterday... So happy with mine! Congrats!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 10:41 AM, MudPuppy said:

PS4 Singleplayer The Island (offline-physical disc)

Got my console back from my parents place after a huge update  (20 gigs of content I've been missing out on) late yesterday evening. I have had/decided to start all over, so I scoured the map for a place to build and also to see what new dinos/creatures I could spy. Died a couple of times lol once flying through the Redwoods on my summoned Wyvern (quickest way to search) only to get knocked off and killed by a Thylacoleo... never seen it coming lol. Ended up settling on my old place where I had built before the restart... just NE of the Hidden Lake. Set up a few things- mainly just foundations for my base, lockers and food troughs. Then went out looking for more dinos/creatures lol very happy to see so much more variety and quite a few more nasties out there. Planning on getting an Argent soon, hunt down Equus and start breeding... and who knows what else I might bring home ;)              

^^^^

PS4/Single Player/Ragnarok (offline physical disc)

Well after starting over again last week after getting my PS4 back & all up-to-date, I finally was able to ascend (using commands, had tried before but nothing I had found worked at the time) the other day. I am now on the Ragnarok map and starting over again (3rd time now). And have finally found Equus and Ovis, which I hadn't been able to find since the BIG update my PS4 got last week. And also stumbled across the Unicorn. Tamed up the Unicorn and a few Equus already. Also stumbled across a Griffin, tamed he/she up too (wish they had a gender lol). And of course, I summoned a Wyvern as soon as I got on the map... so have him too (can't go without a Wyvern seriously, best/fastest way to explore a new map). And working on a nice fence for the critters and a barn for all the Equus I plan on having/getting. Oh and who knew that Ovis are so funny to ride and bounce around on!

Trying to keep an eye out for some really high level Equus, so far everything has been no higher than 40. I also plan on getting some Hyenea's, Daeod's, of course some Dimorph's (can't go without those little buggers) & probably a Yuty sometime.... man, my 600 tame limit is going to come sooner rather than later :/

Just really enjoying the Rag map right now- love how diverse it is & the size of it!

Edited by MudPuppy
  • Like 1

Bred some thylas last night hoping for stats/color morphs, got 3 babies with no morphs so I just let them starve. 

Spent today doing some gathering. We are stockpiling for our eventual massive all s+ glass base in murder snow. Construction will start when we get a little better fur gear. Started by hitting my underwater crystal cave. Then my dessert metal/obsidian base.  There is a ton of metal and obsidian near our new desert base. I've made 2 or 3, half hr runs and have almost 15k ingots and 8k obsidian (2x gathering) and I never fully got all the metal or obsidian either time. Ill probably make 2 more runs this week before hauling it all back to my main base way up by the castle. I'll lead a convoy of quetz and wyvrens Saturday. Hoping Ill be able to get it in 2 or 3 trips with 3 quetz and 5 wyvren. And hopefully 1 trip to the crystal cave with my mosa and 3 plesios.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I'm sure your stats are much better.  I am only breeding for color mutations, so I just tamed every Thyla I could find when I started regardless of level or stats.

Well considering:

Perfect Tamed 450 male & 486 Female, Wilds have 2x Health & Melee, Ability to Force Mutations, 100% Imprint every time...

I ended up with Level 786 breeders with 40/40 mutations, 76 Health, 5.4K Stam, 3.6k melee, 250% speed for base stats...

Then again, that Thyla can still be one shot by some wilds on my server and KO'd & killed while I lay beside it by most if I'm not careful. Sure looks cool though. :)

ShooterGame 2017-10-17 12-07-16 AM-593.jpg

Edited by HalfSlabBacon
Picture Size
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kraken said:

The Ice Wyvern is all grown up so I took her out for a spin, which definitely made my mind up about the mod I was thinking of. Keep an eye out for Valyrian Reins coming soon, a simple item that you can equip your Wyvern with that will make it not have a million mile wide turning circle xD 

and this PS4 console peasant cries a little.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Well considering:

Perfect Tamed 450 male & 486 Female, Wilds have 2x Health & Melee, Ability to Force Mutations, 100% Imprint every time...

I ended up with Level 786 breeders with 40/40 mutations, 76 Health, 5.4K Stam, 3.6k melee, 250% speed for base stats...

Then again, that Thyla can still be one shot by some wilds on my server and KO'd & killed while I lay beside it by most if I'm not careful. Sure looks cool though. :)

ShooterGame 2017-10-17 12-07-16 AM-593.jpg

I have my difficulty at 5, and I've never seen a Wild dino above 150 (except for Wyverns up to 180 or 185)

BTW, those are some beauty Thylas.

• Thanks 1

After a couple of days off ill I returned to remember that I WAS breeding my dolphins which I left on wander.  I returned to find that the male is missing so check our tribe logs to find it and both our Mantas must have clipped the pond walls and escaped to the wild where they were all killed by wild Megalodon.

I then spent the next few hours collecting materials, building pillars, walls, ceilings and making our pond perimeter 3 walls thick in an attempt to stop them clipping out of base.

I found and tamed another male Ichy, a manta and 2 high level Megalodons but then lost 1 of the new Megalodons to Cnidaria attacking it as it became tame whilst I was busy trying to tame the other (both knocked out within minutes of each other and not too far away).

We still have our eyes on a 116 Tuso but I would prefer to wait a few days to ensure our new pond lining is sufficient to prevent any losses to the wild.

• Sad 1

PS4 - Island - Single Player

Continued to breed Thylas for mutations last night.  i'm not sure if Wildcard changed something or what, but I am getting color mutations faster that ever before!  

By the time I logged off last night, I had Cyan, Neon Yellow, and Lavender belly colors, Cyan, Yellow, Dark Green, Lime Green, Sky Blue and lavender body colors, and Pink, Mint green, Blue spine colors. That isn't even counting the Neon blue body baby that died before i could claim it.

It really seems like the color mutations are popping up faster. NOT COMPLAINING! I love seeing all the different colors. In a few days, I'll probably start breeding the color mutated Thylas together, to get some full body colored.

• Like 1

Today we picked up crystal on from the underwater cave on our mosa. On the way to the cave I killed a squid and right after it died I spotted a loot crate (only the second i've found our rag) Jackpot...had a 95 armor ascendent mosa saddle BP :D So plans for the weeked are to tame a 2nd mosa and breed a pair of alpha killers. Ohh and farm farm farm to make 2 of these saddles, biggest cost is 21k hide and 10k ingots each

• Like 1

I tamed a galli couple for eggs for taming a high lvl beaver. Then I searched in the Redwood for a high lvl megaloceros third day in a row, but still no luck, even though they are common. But I found a 145 female dire bear. Lured her through the whole Redwood to my taming pen and perfect kibble tamed her. Now I have 2 high lvl female bears. Male's next.

• Like 1

Bred our ankys last night to get a pair of 100% imprinted for our desert base. Got a color morph on 1, nothing fancy though, just some white accents. We also bred the thylas again, but no luck on color or stat morphs again so I culled them off.

This morning we took both of the new ankys to our desert base and the wife and I farmed metal. Ended up with about 16k metal in about 20 minutes. Imprinted ankys harvest metal so much better then the tamed anky we were using. I'm not looking forward to hauling all this metal and obsidian back to our main base, lol. Ill probably build the 2 ascendent mosa saddles at our desert base which will knock out 22k ingots. 

We will probably try the thylas again tonight. I'm bound to get a morph sometime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

Bred our ankys last night to get a pair of 100% imprinted for our desert base. Got a color morph on 1, nothing fancy though, just some white accents. We also bred the thylas again, but no luck on color or stat morphs again so I culled them off.

This morning we took both of the new ankys to our desert base and the wife and I farmed metal. Ended up with about 16k metal in about 20 minutes. Imprinted ankys harvest metal so much better then the tamed anky we were using. I'm not looking forward to hauling all this metal and obsidian back to our main base, lol. Ill probably build the 2 ascendent mosa saddles at our desert base which will knock out 22k ingots. 

We will probably try the thylas again tonight. I'm bound to get a morph sometime

Not sure how much room you have, but if you can afford to, I would save all the females born without mutations, and add them to the breeding pool. Then you can breed a whoole bunch each time you are on, and increase your chances of getting a color mutation. Since I am assuming you are starting with high level breeding parents, the offspring should be good too. Then once you get the colors you wanted, you can re-focus on improving the stats is that is your desire.   I know, easier said than done. 

I currently have around 25 females and 5-6 males used in my breeding pen.  All color mutations are saved and moved to another area. All non color mutations starve or are killed.(Then fed to the survivors)  I've gotten most of the color mutations I want, except still no Bright Red body, Neon Blue Body, Neon Yellow Spine,  or Black body.  once i get those, I will replace all the current breeders with all the Color mutated and  wait for the rainbow explosion!

last night I got a bright red spine (first time ever getting one of these) a Pink Spine, Sku Blue body, Lime Green belly, and maybe a couple more that escape my memory at the moment.

• Like 1