So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Something a bit different for me today. I logged in, pulled on my best furs, made up some Fria Curries, wrapped my otter scarf around my neck, loaded up on cooked meat, and prepared to pay my first ever visit to the Murder Murder Snow. My aims were to find an Ice Wyvern egg, and a high level Polar Bear. Flew in on Stewie and all good, -60 and I was ice cubed, but not losing health at any great rate. Killed off a frw low level polar bears, a lvl 50 and a lvl 90 Ice Wyverns, searched all around and couldn’t find a nest at all. It started snowing, didn’t really think anything of it, then all of a sudden I’m down to half health! Damn! It’s -80 and I’m right in the middle of it! Scarfing down meat and swooping out as fast as I can, I don’t want to attempt teleporting as that takes precious seconds that I don’t have, and I can barely eat enough meat to keep my health up, then I manage to get out into a cosy -50 where I can recover with my health in the low 40’s. Phew! Clearly I need to do some research so I Google the nest locations whilst I heal up. Disappointing as I wanted to find them myself, but as pretty as the area is, flying around aimlessly was getting on my nerves. Locations now written down and GPS out I visit all the nests, one doesn’t appear to exist anymore, but from the other four I get a lvl 50, a lvl 75, a lvl 90 and a 155. That’ll do nicely, the lvl 90 was a dud and disappeared from my inventory, but the 155 is grand, and the other two can go towards snake taming.

Flying around looking for a Polar Bear and I decide to take on a 150 Ice Wyvern that’s spawned, nearly a big mistake, it catches me with its breath attack so I can’t swoop attack it, my stamina gets drained and I’m for ed to land and can only hit it with bormal melee attacks, didn’t think to bring any sort of gun with me. It’s knocked 9000 odd hp off of me before I finally manage to kill it, and as I’m healing a pack of wolves attacks. They hurt a lot too so I beat the retreat, almost straight into a 160 Wyvern. Run away!

Finally find a safe spot to heal, and with a couple of k restored I have a look around and scope out a bear, which is a 150. Luvverly job. Slap down a teleporter pad and tp back home, grab the Q and come back to grab him, and then the long boring journey carrying him back to the taming pen. Luckily he never aggro’d on the Q, I’ve had them shredded underneath me before trying to take a a bear to a taming pen.

Got him ko’d and full of honey, and decided to make up a load of S+ hitching posts for all my passive dinos. Such a great addition, also meant that I could easily breed up a load of egg layers for a dozen or so fertalised eggs, a couple of which I may hatch, the rest put aside for snake taming. Made up an S+ Hatchery as well and stuck the 155 Wyvern egg in to incubate. Be a while before I can hatch it properly, but no harm with making a start on it now.

When Jon the Polar Bear tamed up I went to make a saddle for him, but all out of hide, so onto the Thyla and off for a fun run. Went a way I don’t normally go, and ended up by Green Oby, then ran down the coast and took a swim over to the SW Islands. Though about going all the way to the new desert area, but decided to leave that for another day, instead just had a bit of fun climbing pillars and pouncing on things. Took down an Alpha Carno, crappy loot though, and made an attempt at taming a 145 female vulture, but the damn thing wouldn’t comply, and ended up attacking me when something got killed nearby so I had to leg it. 11,000 hide collected and I called it a night, topped up the troughs and logged.

• Like 1

Found 4x4x3 metall base with double/triple walls/doors, with lots of double walls rooms in it, spend lots of c4 but the best thing i found was blue saddle for scorpion. Few green axes and other same things dont even touch and left in smithy. Other loot was base resourses...There wasnt even a fabricator. Pretty strange for such base in my opinion. But on the other side it may be sort of distraction. Pretty costly though.

Upset a little bit)))

I logged in, said my usual ‘Hello Center60’ and got to work with mating my Pteras, Anky’s and Gallis. I ended up trading a fertilized Galli egg to some player for 200 ingots – not sure if that is good or not, but I am always happy to help players where I can.

Other than that, I went on a meat and berry run but all the metal in the immediate areas were already harvested so I just went to get some crystal instead. It wasn’t an overly productive night but tonight will be much better.

Tonight will be the late night as I prepare for a weekend of hatching, taming and breeding. So really, I need to make lots more narcs and darts, get troughs full of berries and cooked meat, and start to turn my eggs into kibble. I’m not too bothered about imprinting this weekend as they are only gen 1 hatches and until I get my 6 stats onto at least 1 bird (aim is to get 2 sets  breeding birds with my highest stats on) then I won’t imprint as it’s a waste of kibble really.

I’ll probably  gather a load of resources and do a few cave runs but my aim is to spend a 5hr gaming session preparing for a weekend of babysitting ;)

I bred my Pteras, Ankys, Gallis ready for hatching this weekend. Ended up trading a Galli egg 

12 hours ago, Kraken said:

Flying around looking for a Polar Bear and I decide to take on a 150 Ice Wyvern that’s spawned, nearly a big mistake, it catches me with its breath attack so I can’t swoop attack it, my stamina gets drained and I’m for ed to land and can only hit it with bormal melee attacks, didn’t think to bring any sort of gun with me. It’s knocked 9000 odd hp off of me before I finally manage to kill it, and as I’m healing a pack of wolves attacks. They hurt a lot too so I beat the retreat, almost straight into a 160 Wyvern. Run away!

run-away-monty-python-gif.jpg

• Haha 1

@Aushegun Lol! Yep, exactly like that! xD

Had a bit of a weird day today. Logged in with three minds of what to do, build a Wyvern trap, attempt to kill an Alpha Wyvern, or explore the Carnivorous Caverns and look for the Artifact in there. Umming and ahhing and staring at my armour BP's I thought right, first of all I'm going to craft up these Riot BP's. Need Polymer for that so I head off to the volcano to slaughter Mantis' Whilst doing this I thought, hmmm, I haven't got a Mantis, maybe I should get one...

Back at base, crafted up the Riot gear, and checked the strorage to see what the Deathworm horn situation was like, and I didn't have any. Weird, I should have quite a few, I don't collect them religiously but I've done a lot of runs of the Ice Dungeon and normally get a couple at least, couldn't find a single one though. D was online so talked her into doing a run with me, I tanked with my shield and she took care of business with her pump action. Not much in the way of decent loot, a nice MC Fur Boots BP and an Ascendant Paracer saddle were the pick of it really. That done and with plenty of Horns, headed to the Volcano with the Quetz.

Didn't have to search too long before I nabbed a 140 Male, and trekked back to base with him. Decided to use my small inside base pen, but I missed the drop, he bounced off the wall, and before I could grab him he was attacking my Argents. That didn't end well for him, one of the Rex's took two steps forward and chomped him. Crap. That was worth the bloody long flight back to base. Did a quick rebuild of the pen to make it a 4x4 instead of 2x3, and back to the Volcano I went.

130's, 135's, finally after maybe an hour of combing the mountain sides including having to stop every night time thanks to the janky new lighting bug making it impossible to see anything between 12 and 4am, a 150 Male. Praise the Sun! Up he comes and back to base. Made sure to whistle passive this time before dropping him, and got him in on the second attempt. Made up the bug spray, donned the Ghillie, and 25 minutes later he was mine. Grabbed a nice JM saddle out of storage and took him on a testing trip. Things didn't go well. Straight away leapt at a low level bear, which aggro'd a much higher level bear that I hadn't seen that I had to do some deft maneuvering to kill with a decent chunk of health lost. Had a sword on me as loot from all the Mantises I'd been killing earlier, so decided it might be prudent to arm him up. 300 odd damage with a leap, not bad, except a leap didn't kill a Troodon and then all his mates were on me, sucked my stamina and were playing merry hell until I managed to get atop a rock and out of bite range. Sod that I thought, and when I could move again I jumped away from them. 

Headed to another area of the forest and did some leaps at some easier targets, a few deer, a diplo, then trying to hit a Galli and I just couldn't get the bloody thing. Leap, miss, leap, miss. Grrrr. Then all of a sudden I'm attacked from behind and it's a bloody Alpha Raptor. A 135 at that. I try to jump away but not enough stamina, I attack and my sword breaks. All I can do is a limping leap back to base with it unrelentingly chewing on my arse. Hopefully I can make it and some of my other dinos will come to my rescue. I make it though the gates watching my health drop dramatically with every bite, come on guys, come and help! None of them move an inch. I head towards the Allos and Rex's, any second now guys, come on, come help.

Do you remember what I said above? 'Made sure to whistle passive this time before dropping him...' Cos I hadn't, I thought everyone was still on Neutral. Damn rookie error that I finally realised just as my Mantis died beneath me. Disgusted with myself I whistled Neutral and watched with some satisfaction as every dino not tethered to a hitching post came and attacked the Raptor. Awwwww, crap! Why did I do that for?!? Every bloody dino has come and attacked it! Why the hell didn't I just jump on a Rex? What the hell is wrong with me? These questions and more along with very many curses in elvish, entish and the tongues of men were exclaimed very loudly over voice chat as I started the clean up of putting everyone back where they're supposed to be. To her credit, D did very well not to laugh too much.

Finally got everyone tidied away and D asked 'Where do you want this?'

'Want what?'

'Look up.'

I looked up and she's hovering above my base on her Quetz with a 150 female Mantis dangling from its claws. Bless her little cotton socks. I asked her to put it in the outside taming pen xD

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Had an epic one. Still pretty early game for me, setting up small bases at resource hubs. Only have one flyer, LVL 50 odd Ptera. Loaded myself with a small insta base and set off for North West tip. Inland west of volcano, I was stung off the bird and died. I had a raft on the west coast, so spawned there. Proceeded to run inland, heart pounding, sitting on the edge of the seat all the way. Never thought I would make it, but made it back to body with 2mins to spare. Couldn't believe I made it through the forest. Grabbed my gear, whistled the bird, and went on my way.  Stoked!

• Like 2

Its been a while since I've updated. The wife and I have been hard at work building an outpost in the new desert area on Rag. Just finished the structure and defenses this morning. Took us about 10 hrs to do between yesterday and today. Its 16x16x4 all adobe. Its right next to a massive metal/obsidian spawn so we also have an indy forge setup too. And it has 2 oil wells nearby so thats nice too. All thats left now is to outfit the inside so it can be independent from my main base.

On another note, all 3 of our otters starved while we've been messing with this base :( Fed our main base friday morning before getting involved with this project. Visited our main base today to get some supplies and feed the base and our snails, and all otters were dead. Didn't think they would starve that quick, and i know i put fish in the troughs

• Sad 1

Productive weekend 

I played all weekend and tamed three carnos and got two saddles, I then proceeded to breed them. BOOM Twins lvl 44 carnos AWESOME! I then bred my oldest horse 23 days old with a tame form day 21 and got twins with, ......... neon green color mutations! I tamed up two Argies and bred than ate egg because it would not incubate, I regret my desicions NOOOOOTTTTTT

Edited by erfulspace117
  • Like 1

Not much today, built a Wyvern trap. There’s a little spot right close to the scar that is perfect, nice and flat and high up. Did a bit of stone grinding on the Doed, grabbed some wood with the Mammoth, then made up a lod of foundations, a Behe gate, a load of dino gate frames and ceilings and got it knocked up. Then made up a set of Asbestos Armour (from one of my mods, perfect for tackling Wyverns as it makes you immune to poison like wearing a gas mask, and gives much protection against lightening and fire attacks) then search for a lady Wyvern, hopefully outside the scar.

First of all spotted a 190 female fire. No thanks, she’d do some serious damage to Stewie if she caught me. Next was a 90 Poison. As I was considering whether she was too high a level she spotted me and the decision was made.

Off we went and straight into the trap she followed. I circled around and shut the door on her, then down she went. 5 milk, no waiting. That went into the ice box with a decent enough spoil time and hopefully she’ll still be there later on for some more. Day off tomorrow so I can hatch up my 155 Ice after work tonight.

Other than that, sorted through all my spare saddles and ground down all the crappy ones, turned all the best ones into BP’s and crafted a few of them up. After that, jobs a good un, and after yet another base re-arrangement thanks to a pesky Argent, I called it a day.

• Like 1

Good weekend for me too actually... ill keep it as short as I can ;)

Hatched all 15 Ptera eggs and kept 5 - no mutations but some stats merged which was nice... one baby came out at 261 - thats with just a good HP and Food stat. I tamed 2 x 145 Pteras and 2 x 150 Pteras too mainly for the colour as the 480 stam stat matched what I already had - but the colour was red wings and black body.

We hatched a couple of Anky's with blue mutations - looked really nice. 

Then I created a new char on SE and managed to get to lvl 65 in a couple of hrs as we had transferred a couple of bears - god they are OP for SE. I managed to get some explorers notes and matched with the 2x event - just killed anything I saw - ding, ding, ding, ding - 65 in no time at all.

Spent the rest of the weekend getting res and looking after the juveniles. Noticed that the drops on SE are so much better then Center and found a MC Direbear saddle BP - havent had a drop like that on Center for ages.

Other than that... the weekend was uneventful - no losses, and no great finds but hey-ho, life goes on.

• Like 1

Did you fill the dinos with meat or the troughs? I always cook up a load of meat and leave cooked meat in the dino as well as the trough. The problems with troughs are - your other dinos will eat the meat too.

Also, was your dino (the one that died) out of range of a trough?

Sorry to hear you lost one but at least 2 survived :P

1 hour ago, Anarki said:

Did you fill the dinos with meat or the troughs? I always cook up a load of meat and leave cooked meat in the dino as well as the trough. The problems with troughs are - your other dinos will eat the meat too.

Also, was your dino (the one that died) out of range of a trough?

Sorry to hear you lost one but at least 2 survived

Thats the most strange that they all were near trough. And there was fresh meat (not much though, but it was))). And 2 are ok, 1 left. Anyway you`re right, 2 are still alive...i hope))) 

Edited by Xzibit
new word

PS4 - Single Player - THE Island

Decided to get back into the breeding for color mutations aspect of the game.  So I spent Friday evening grinding out and building a breeding pen out of rendering distance from my main base to hopefully avoid any lag issues. Saturday I tamed up 2 male and 5 female Thylacoleos. and got them in place at the breeding pen.

I then logged out and re-logged back in, but changed the settings a bit. I sped up the baby maturation, and decreased the time between breeding. Then I got the Thylas all ready to "brown-chicken-brown-cow". 

soon after, baby Thylas started popping. And I was absolutely shocked when the 3rd baby to be born was this beauty!

Back over the summer when I did nothing but breed Thylas for about a month straight, I never got Pink, except the hot pink belly.  But this time  I get this beauty right at the beginning! So excited!  So I stuff it full of meat, and force feed it a bit. (Not sure if they ever fixed the bug with babies not eating, so I don't risk it, and just make them eat.)

about 10 minutes later disaster strikes!  I get a blue screen of death, and when the game re-starts, it has rolled me back to literally 10 seconds before the Pink beauty was born. Hoping for a miracle, I watch as the mom gives birth a second time............................ of course, this time it is just a normal color.:Jerbcry:

So the RN God giveth, and the Blue Screen of Death taketh away.

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20171015194130.jpg

Hatched my 155 Ice Wyvern last night after work. Day off today so got up early for the first Imprint, then spent a fun couple of hours clearing the Wyvern scar of duff eggs. Must have picked up about 30 duds before finally getting some good ones to spawn, not good level ones though unfortunately. Lvl 95 poison was the best of the 4 I was able to get. Had to get one of the pigs working over time to constantly be healing up Stewie, but no bother since with all the Wyverns killed I’m swimming in Prime Meat XD. Might do the same thing again this evening. I don’t know why I’m so fixated on Wyverns atm since I don’t even particularly like using them, although I might be modding an item for them soon so may as well have a couple of decent ones around :)

• Like 1

After finally getting over the disappointment of losing my very own "Pink Panther", I get back to breeding. Amazingly, within just minutes, I get a Neon Blue belly mutation, on a black female.  I've never got that blue on the belly before, so it almost makes up for losing the Pink one.

So I load this one up with food, and I take my Argy out on a meat run to fill all 4 of the meat bins.  While flying thru the Redwoods, the screen starts to lag, and then ..... Blue screen of death AGAIN! :Jerbmad:

So it seems like the problems I was having on Ragnarok, have followed me to The Island.

So I re-start the game, and when I spawn in, I am underneath the map. No matter what I try, I cannot get out from under the map. So I log out, and log back in. This time, I spawn in at my base and quickly fly to see if I can find my body. I'm really nervous, because just prior to the blue screen, I had loaded a bunch of saddles and blueprints onto my character, including a MC Mosa, MC Mammoth, and ASC Theri Blueprints!

Well, my body was no where to be found, and no death beacon. So, you guessed it, I lost all my stuff that was on my character. Including High Level tools and weapons, plus a ton of ammo (I still had it on me from taming up all of the Thylas) Plus all the blueprints and saddles GONE!!!!  Then I realize, oh crap, what about the Neon Blue Belly Baby?!

I fly over to the breeding pen, and about lose my raptoring mind, as the Blue baby is gone, lost to the blue screen of death.  SMH, so I log off, and call it a night.

Sunday, I log back in, and immediately reduce the dino count slider down to nearly nothing. I also reduce the image quality, hoping that these changes will stop the game from crashing.

I get back to the breeding pen, and by the end of the day, I have a few additional mutations, that I saw an on-screen save, so pretty sure I won't lose them. :/

(I tried uploading them, but the forum won't let me, even though they are small enough.)

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

After finally getting over the disappointment of losing my very own "Pink Panther", I get back to breeding. Amazingly, within just minutes, I get a Neon Blue belly mutation, on a black female.  I've never got that blue on the belly before, so it almost makes up for losing the Pink one.

So I load this one up with food, and I take my Argy out on a meat run to fill all 4 of the meat bins.  While flying thru the Redwoods, the screen starts to lag, and then ..... Blue screen of death AGAIN! :Jerbmad:

So it seems like the problems I was having on Ragnarok, have followed me to The Island.

So I re-start the game, and when I spawn in, I am underneath the map. No matter what I try, I cannot get out from under the map. So I log out, and log back in. This time, I spawn in at my base and quickly fly to see if I can find my body. I'm really nervous, because just prior to the blue screen, I had loaded a bunch of saddles and blueprints onto my character, including a MC Mosa, MC Mammoth, and ASC Theri Blueprints!

Well, my body was no where to be found, and no death beacon. So, you guessed it, I lost all my stuff that was on my character. Including High Level tools and weapons, plus a ton of ammo (I still had it on me from taming up all of the Thylas) Plus all the blueprints and saddles GONE!!!!  Then I realize, oh crap, what about the Neon Blue Belly Baby?!

I fly over to the breeding pen, and about lose my raptoring mind, as the Blue baby is gone, lost to the blue screen of death.  SMH, so I log off, and call it a night.

Sunday, I log back in, and immediately reduce the dino count slider down to nearly nothing. I also reduce the image quality, hoping that these changes will stop the game from crashing.

I get back to the breeding pen, and by the end of the day, I have a few additional mutations, that I saw an on-screen save, so pretty sure I won't lose them. :/

(I tried uploading them, but the forum won't let me, even though they are small enough.)

Sorry to hear about the lost stuff and mutations. That really sucks.

Not sure if it works on ps4, but on my private pc server I always do "cheat saveworld" if i get a good mutation

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear of your news. We had a blue mutation on our first ever breed back on our legacy server - a Direbear! I truly loved my bears on there and was so disappointed when we left the server and had no place for them to go. 

We currently have 3 mutations - a pink Dimorph, a neon green footed Argy, and 2 blue Ankys.

Tonight Ill be breeding my Pteras so I can get a load hatched at the weekend again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

Sorry to hear about the lost stuff and mutations. That really sucks.

Not sure if it works on ps4, but on my private pc server I always do "cheat saveworld" if i get a good mutation

I was not aware of that command.  I will do some research, because if it works on PS4, I will make damn sure to start using it!

Here is on one of the mutations that hopefully saved when I logged off last night. Would have looked so awesome merged with the Pink Panther Body and the Neon Blue Belly!!! :(

ARK_+Survival+Evolved_20171015211007.jpg

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1

Nice mutation. I may start breeding my thylas in hopes of color mutation. I already have decent stats and babies that are born at lvl 250, but so far just plain colors. I've had decent luck with color mutations so hopefully I get a thyla one soon. So far I've had bright red back rex, purple sloths, and allos with blue and 2 shades of red.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Nice mutation. I may start breeding my thylas in hopes of color mutation. I already have decent stats and babies that are born at lvl 250, but so far just plain colors. I've had decent luck with color mutations so hopefully I get a thyla one soon. So far I've had bright red back rex, purple sloths, and allos with blue and 2 shades of red.

This summer, I first got into breeding for stats, to create a group Boss Thylas. After generations of breeding for some serious battle beasts, I went to try them out in the boss arena. Imagine my frustration when I discovered that Thylas are not allowed into Boss fights!  

IT was at that point I deciding to just breed for color mutations.

This weekend, I managed to tame a level 100+ male and female amongst the other breeders. I will breed a few new "battle thylas" to use on the map.  But for the color mutations, I'm literally using every Thylas I found and tamed. So the remaining breeders are mostly level 50 or less. In fact, the now departed "Pink Panther" was out of a level 12 & level 16 parents. 

A lot of my breeders are white bodied, so hopefully I get some nice color mutation stripes and bellies. 

The baby pictured here is a nice purple color. But I took the screen shot in the shade, so it doesn't look as nice.  This was the last of the color mutations when I logged off last night. 

ARK_+Survival+Evolved_20171015212251.jpg