So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Single Player - PS4 - Ragnarok

Some things I did get done however, was breeding about 100 Lystro babies trying to get a color mutation. Thus far nothing.  Also bred about 10 Doed babies, and 4 Anky babies.

I finally did get the Wyvern trap re-built and after some tweaking, I got it working nearly perfect. My Argy and Pteras can enter/exit without problem, but my Griffins take a perfect lining up, and I came dangerously close to losing him when kiting in the 175 Lightening.

I established a small base near the stone finger tips in the highlands, near the bridge. Knowing that I would be away from that base a lot, I actually built a landing pad way up on top of the finger tip, to keep my Quetz and other Flyers for that base. Safe and out of reach from bad dinos.

Well my weekend was not as satisfying as I hoped. I blue screened and rolled back at least 7 times over the weekend. Grrrrr Including building an entire Wyvern trap, trapping ans milking 3 different Wyverns, taming a 145 blue female Doed. Killing a 175 male Lightening Wyvern, then collecting a 175 Lightening & 180 Poison egg. and finally Building a hatchery for the Wyvern eggs.

So A LOT of wasted time, having to go back and re-build and re-do the same thing over again. In fact, yesterday afternoon, when it crashed after I had completely finished my Wyvern Hatching building, I just said oh raptor it, and logged off.

Then I switched over to another character, and went to my S.E. map. I hadn't been on this map for at least 3 weeks, and it took me a bit to get re-acclimated.  I tamed up a 100 pre-tame Thyla, and took out a 35 Alpha Fire Wyvern.

By then I was kind of burned out. I watched the Packers make an amazing comeback, and just chilled the rest of the day.

• Sad 1

logged in, something was a miss, and seconds later my doors were blasted in.  Didn't have anything on me because I always log out with all my stuff hidden.  Punched the guy, got killed, all my tames got killed.  Re spawned, decided to go get some stone to rebuild my walls, ran into a 135 Purlovia.  Change of plans, and now I have a broke base with multiple off site storage purlovia's.  Got all my precious prim stuff hidden, at least there will be something for me next time I log on...probably.

• Sad 1

Funny old day today, had to be up early for an appointment, and then had an hour or so to kill before heading to work. When I was waiting for my appointment I had a really good idea of something I wanted to do, but by the time I got home and logged in I’d completely forgotten what it was, so I meandered around aimlessly for a bit, grabbed a couple of drops, and tamed up yet another Hyaenodon.

This evening I realised that if I’m going to do any breeding any time soon I’m going to need some kibble dinos for imprinting. Ugh. I really don’t want unnecessary eggers cluttering up my base, but you can guarantee if I don’t have them the only comfort food I’m ever going to get asked for is the ones I don’t have. So off I went looking for some junky pairs, Trikes first, and it took bloody ages to find anything low level. A combination of trawling around on the Quetz and Ragnarok high level weighting. Eventually though managed to nab a 15 and a 20. Stegos next, and they weren’t so hard to find or far away from base. A pair of 20’s in the painted canyons. 

Took a break for some tea after that, then down to the swamps for Dimetrodons. Found a 20 male quickly enough and dropped him in the pen, then tp’d on the Argent over to the Highlands for some mutton. Do you think I could find a sheep anywhere! Nearly half an hour of flying back and forth over the grasslands before I finally spotted a flock. All males again. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this, but I’ve been after a high level female sheep, just one will do, but females seem to be super duper rare, the flocks are spawning as all males or 5 males and one low level female. It’s really weird. Anyhoos, killed a couple of them and headed back home, tamed up the Dime, and headed back to the swamp for a girlfriend for him.

As well as checking all the Dimes, I was also grabbing random things, one of which was a 150 frog, a really nice burgandy coloured one, so got him tamed up too, another male unfortunately, I may have to make a concerted effort for at least one female 150. Found a female 15 Dime shortly after that and got her tamed.

With all these extra big lummox dinos around my courtyard’s getting a bit congested, so I moved the frogs and Bary’s over to the water pen. Checking the imprinting kibble list I still need Pachy’s and Gallis. Well Gallis can wait until I have some Dime eggs collected, but Pachy’s, I have plenty of Dilo kibble so I figured I may as well go high level with them. Didn’t take long to find a 140 male and get him taming.

I’ve been checking every cave I pass that has water and fish in it on the off chance of finding Otters. Found a couple of little ones, then I found a 135 male. Immediately stopped the Pachy hunt and went to get the Gull to help tame him up. Finally I have a high level breeding pair.

Eventually found a 140 female Pachy, and also nabbed a lvl 20 Oviraptor, then finished off the day by taking the Thyla out on a killing spree with one of the Otters on my shoulder to get it some levels. Got about 6 on the Thyla, but only 1 on the Otter annoyingly.

Quite a simple day yesterday. 

Re-stocked basic building supplies then defeated both Alpha Megapithecus and then the Alpha Broodmother on our Unofficial PVE.  Used our lowest REXes with a view of losing some/all and then working out a proper game plan from our experiences. 

Only lost 3 REX on the Megapithecus - not due to it killing them outright but knocking them off the edge into a pit of death.  Replaced the lost REXes with some imprint ones and went straight into the Alpha Brood after healing the rest.  Lost 6 to the Alpha Brood - she ended up getting position before we were able to get around the back of her.

Just have the Dragon to do now - we attempted Gamma with a mixture of Theri and REX but I messed up, didn't pay attention and ended with most REXes dead in the lava with the Theriz struggling to do enough damage alone as they were mainly HP levelled.  Next time we will go in with fully imprinted Theriz with veg cakes and better control of the non-mounted tames.

• Like 1

Got Supply, not complete dino wiped. Got some of those supplies back. Except for gene/industrial forge. Since we have been raided twice at the same location were taking our arge, ptera, rex, dodic, and anky, and 2 snails, over to a place close to the canyons so we can sorta "hide" and recouperate from our lossed. Our problem was we focused too much on our 2x layered terrotory wall. and we hadn't built main in metal yet (stupid mistake). 

Edited by TINYMAN

I’m sure it isn’t just me this happens to… you know, when you spend all weekend looking for 150 tames and you have all the time in the world to search and find one, but don’t find one. That was my last weekend’s goal actually – didn’t want to hatch too many eggs due to no 2x maturation.

So last night it was a case of logging in, getting some spark powder for the preserving bins, meat and berry run and feed the three buildings.

I’m pretty much done, and bred my Pteras as part of my breeding project ready to hatch possibly two dozen eggs at the weekend (hoping for 2x hatching, maturation etc).

I fly back up to the cliff base when I spot a lovely finned Spino out the side of my eye. Now usually, any dino I see with a nice colour is when inspected a low level. I wasn’t thinking any different – this was light green with a bright orange fin. I got my scope out and took a closer look – 145 female!! Seriously! I had already told the wife I wouldn’t be on long and that I’d get an early night (that was the excuse I used to abandon her to her tv programme and come on the pc early).

Im in a quandary now, our ally and previous tribemate lost his Spino last week to a 145 Alpha Rex. I call him up on TS and say Ill help him get it down. Typically, I get the last hit and it goes down. My ally goes to access the dino to put the kibble and narcotics in – but cant… its assigned to me isn’t it!

There is no way I’m spending 2 and a half hrs taming this thing, wife will already kill me for being up later than I said I would. I force my ally to leave his alliance and join ours again to complete the tame. I feel bad, but what can I do… it’s a lovely looking 145 female Spino and he had only just lost his.

I’m ready to log off, have a little glance at a lovely looking coloured Ptera – thinking to myself those colours would work well with our breeding line. 150!! I cry out in frustration. All weekend I was seeking a new Male 150 and found nothing. Now that I am desperately in need of my bed, I make a decision… Im late anyway, Im going to get in trouble with her anyway. I end up grabbing some bolas, tranqing it down and starve taming if for 50 mins just in case I fall asleep.

My tribemate (leader) logs in so I hand over the reins to him and log off.

I did receive a message this morning that the stats were very rounded off but no standalone stat is particularly high. It ended being a perfect tame though.

Don’t you hate nights like these?

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Last night I found a max level (120 on our server) Tapajera and decided I would try out the "eat a flower" trick.  The Tapa took chase and I accidentally hit E dismounting my Argentivis in the air and falling to my death!  Re-spawn, run to my corpse, retrieve my stuf fand use the spyglass to spot my Argentivis flying above and whistle her back down before trying again.

This time I get the chase, my Argentivis takes a few hits from the Tapa that's going bat**** crazy before landing where it circles me very very quickly - I don't know how but I manage to get in some hits with my tranq darts and it goes down!! Approximately an hour later it's tamed and heading home with me before I log.

A tribe mate informs me that there is apparently a 116 Tuso not far from our water pen so tonight's mission is to try and get that.  We have only ever tried to get one before and it ended in tears with us losing our stuff and the black pearls we brought along to tame it.. lets hope tonight we can successfully bring one home.

• Like 1

Flew around the Ragnarok map desert area for 30 minutes looking for areas not covered in Pillars... found a small area on the coast and built a temp base.

Solo on PvE is tough... PvP is a non starter as people on flyers pick you up and steal your stone tools... then you get your wooden / stone hut bashed in and your ingots stolen and your Trike killed... for the lolz... /sigh

Might start a single player character just to be able to explore and build.

• Like 1

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok

I have not posted much this week, because I have come to the realization that I can no longer play the Ragnarok map. Since last week, I cannot play more than 20 -30 minutes on the map, without getting a blue screen of death, and getting rolled back 20-30 minutes.  Meaning, I have built and lost my Wyvern hatching pen 4 times now, and it keeps rolling back before I can use it.

Last night I got so frustrated, I took some supplies and a few dinos, and uploaded them at the OB. I even uploaded my character. (I've never done that before) I then opened the Island map, and downloaded my character. I then ran over to the OB, and downloaded my stuff and a few dinos. As I was flying around the map, I came upon my base on top of the mountain from before. So I flew in for a closer look, and my dinos were there too.  So I am confused, a few weeks ago after I had started on Ragnarok, I decided to transfer over some dino from The Island, and when ever I tried to log into the Island, it made  me start from a new character. 

Oh well, bottom line is I can access all my old Dinos and stuff.

But I am frustrated and saddened that I can't play Ragnarok anymore.  I can't stand crashing every 20 minutes or so. So it looks like what I might do, is transfer all my wanted dinos from Rag over to Island. Then I will play on that, and delete all game data for Ragnarok. Hopefully a clean start on Rag, will stop causing the blue screens of death.  Of course I will have to re-build all my bases, and re-tame water dinos, since I can't get them to an OB.

Kind of leaves me feeling overwhelmed. I may have to take a break from ARK for a while, until it becomes fun again, and not a chore.

• Sad 1

I pre-wrote this to edit parts of my anger, lol. It is long so sorry about that. feel free to skip on by. 

The resource grinding weekend did not go to plan.

I did get some work done but not nearly as much as I could have without server issues.

Saturday night I harvested a vault full of fiber and crushed down some more obsidian and metal. The 2x event was a nice boost and since it did not include breeding I was able to get on my server with no issue.

Staying on the server was a different story. 5 rollbacks in about 6 hours of game play.I harvested probably close to 9k obsidian but actually only came away with 2.5k because of the rollbacks. It’s so frustrating to put in the work and not get the reward.  One of the the players on the server had tweeted at Jat and Jat said the issue could be related to our server being on temporary hardware. The new stuff was ordered and should be delivered sometime next week (this week in real time).

Around midnight I was frustrated and called it a night with the hope to get on earlier in the morning and make up loss time on Sunday.

Sunday I got on around 7:30 AM. There were some dino’s to take care of (A Bronto, 2 Anky’s, 4 Rex’s) but we didn’t go overboard on the breeding. I went to work back over on obsidian island and changed over the 2.5k I harvested Saturday night to poly. I filled the fabricator and two storage chests with obsidian in two trips to the island. It’s a great place and as of right now it looks like only 4 tribes know about it. One tribe pillared the areas that spawn obsidian but it’s a network of islands so there is still places to build when other tribes discover it.

I did a Rex loop, found a couple 135+ and dropped them but no stats to add to the line. I did the same with Anky’s but again no improvements on stats.

I also put down a 145 female Bronto. We love the bronto’s berry harvesting but lack of stamina and speed makes it a chore. We found that if you get to about 2.5k worth of berries you reach the 300 slot limit so we are going to breed and raise Bronto’s that get to about 3.5k weight, 18k HP, and 340% melee after imprint then we can put all level’s into speed and stamina and have the ultimate berry harvester. We are currently at 16.5k hp, 3k weight, and 305% melee so we are close. That is a male we are raising so looking for a female that has a boost on one of the stats to breed with. This 145 female did not qualify so she became meat.

I did harvest 3 fridges worth of mejo’s and a fridge worth of narcoberries too and we made some narcotics. I harvested more metal and did egg collection. I took the doedic out and harvested a lot of stone. I filled the stone vault twice but turned everything into stone walls and ceilings. There is a new area of land coming up for grabs when a base expires Monday morning so we want to be right on top of it. It’s on the hill next to us so we will build up there and spread the dino’s out which should hopefully cut down lag in the whole area. We’ll put our flyers and harvester’s up there and keep our current base the hatchery and egg farm.

Around noon the rollbacks started again (I am actually unclear on the time frame but Wildcard definitely knows because they got a lot of server outage reports from myself). I can’t even go into details how much work was lost but I can definitely say we had at least 25 rollbacks over an 8 hour period. I submitted 12 reports myself before leaving the server. I went to our secondary server but was very unmotivated to do anything. I watched a movie and some shows. Got some house work done and then jumped on a single player Ragnarok server and explored a little.

Finally I jumped back on the Ragnarok server and did a little work before calling it an early night again because I was so frustrated. I am convinced this is not just a hardware issue. How for 5 hours was there no issues but suddenly your hardware acts up? We never reached server capacity. There was maybe 43 survivors on when the rollbacks started. Standard big base lag was present but no disconnects nor any rollbacks but suddenly we go into a 25 rollback rampage? Dupers have most definitely infested these new server’s and it is costing WC’s new fan base to leave the game because they don’t understand what is happening and they can’t get any answers. I even seriously considered moving to a private dedicated server but I just don’t think I can start over for a third time. We gave up a lot on legacy, trusting Wildcard yet again when they said they had new servers that were free from dupers and the lag issues and full customer support but all i see from them is about their new DLC. I considered quitting altogether. Very much thought about deleting the game and going back to Battlefield 1 or looking to see what else is out there but I’m hooked. I love the concept of this game so much and therefore I am one of the problems. Myself and players like me will continue to take this lackadaisical attitude from Wildcard and so they have zero motivation to actually improve this current Ark. I love the community feel and the competition that comes with being in a community of breeders and tamers and sellers so single player on a regular basis is also not an option. I have already resolved not to get Abberation or the season pass so when my time in this Ark is finished I am officially done but that could be months or even years from now.

Monday I was up fairly early and started the day by checking on the raises. We’ve had some inter tribe troubles lately which I won’t detail but it does relate to the lack of resource grinding I was able to get done. Brief synopsis is one of the tribe members and the owner of the tribe has been hatching stuff despite not being able to adequately raise it in a separate base. This is not an issue until he leaves the game for hours putting the workload on us. Since in this tribe it is a partnership we need to discuss these raises beforehand as crappy imprinted dino’s, crappt hatch stats, and long raises are going to cost us time and resources and will give our market a bad name if we try to sell. Death toll from neglected raises this weekend at side hatchery includes 3 doedics including one that got a 410 weight stat mutation which was our current highest, 4 yuty’s (triplets in one egg) including one with a yellow stripe mutation and a Rex (crappy stats so not a huge deal). This morning you can add a 5th yuty to the list though that one was an accidental hatch. While two of us are breeding for stats he is currently breeding for color mutations. The communication is an issue so this is something that will brought up in the next few days.

I continued my harvesting run with wood and metal but did take a few hours of family time this day after about 4 hours. I got back on around 2 PM and decided to take a trip down to the swamp and get some clay. I was down there checking out dimetrodon’s, considering taming another female because I can’t trade anything for one when the rollbacks started again. It was about 4 over a 4 hour period this time and it says something when we consider that not to bad.

The rest of Monday and all of Tuesday was a combination of more harvesting, building, raising babies with no real stories. I was able to trade a rex (150 kibble tame) and an Anky (hatch 420 wt, 355 melee) for about 3k CP which was helpful as despite having 7 snails, there’s just not enough CP. Tuesday we got 2 roll backs after 4 PM so I guess the dupers had an early night.

Wednesday I focused mostly on the raises and breeding to get eggs for the upcoming weekend. I harvested a little but was kind of burnt out and wanted to enjoy the map and explore a little as well as get some additional things done around the house including shopping. We get a server shutdown notice for hardware update a little after 5 PM and everybody is excited. I log about 15 minutes prior, make some dinner, watch a movie then log back in around 9 PM. I had taking about 5k Cp over to obsidian island and began to change everything over to Poly prior to the server update so I decided since the chests were mostly empty, i might as well fill them up. 45 minutes and we get a roll back. This especially sucked because my tribe mate had just found a level 140 male Doedic with 390 base weight and knocked it out. I got back to base, grabbed some spike walls and narcotics and met him, he was in the middle of meat run, and was going to sit on it for rest of my night. It rolled us back the full 45 minutes so I parked the Anky and went right back for the doedic. I knocked it out this time and put spike walls around it. I decided to help with the meat run plus clear any dangers. We got a 3rd roll back and it was too late. I told my tribe mate i had to log for the night and he also was just going to try and get the wyvern back to base. I shut down for the night just dismayed at the incompetence and general denier attitude of wildcard. Your new servers are infested Wildcard. You want to stop duping? Stop the rollbacks. Just crash the system and if people and animals die then so be it but as long as there are roll backs people will continue to dupe. Stop the roll backs then you can just focus on the DDOS issue.

My tribe mate did get the wyvern back to base safely (1 or 2 more roll backs from what I understand). I logged on this morning and topped all the troughs at both bases but then had to go to work. I did get some work done but can only imagine what I could have achieved if not for the broken servers Wildcard is currently touting as new and improved and fixed and dupe free.

I need to evaluate some things and decide if i want to continue pursuing my Ark conquest at this point.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Of course I will have to re-build all my bases, and re-tame water dinos, since I can't get them to an OB.

you can upload them in any sky loot crate beacons that land in water and download them from the same place. check the Ragnarok and island maps on Ark wiki. You may even be able to force a drop in single player. I know for certain there is a drop on the island map at Draco Cove and another at the mouth of the green ob river. A squid can't be brought out of Draco Cove but it would be able to be downloaded at the green ob river mouth drop. I also believe there are some beacon drops on the other side of red ob if going towards blue. 

• Thanks 1

PS4 Singleplayer The Island (offline-physical disc)

Got my console back from my parents place after a huge update  (20 gigs of content I've been missing out on) late yesterday evening. I have had/decided to start all over, so I scoured the map for a place to build and also to see what new dinos/creatures I could spy. Died a couple of times lol once flying through the Redwoods on my summoned Wyvern (quickest way to search) only to get knocked off and killed by a Thylacoleo... never seen it coming lol. Ended up settling on my old place where I had built before the restart... just NE of the Hidden Lake. Set up a few things- mainly just foundations for my base, lockers and food troughs. Then went out looking for more dinos/creatures lol very happy to see so much more variety and quite a few more nasties out there. Planning on getting an Argent soon, hunt down Equus and start breeding... and who knows what else I might bring home ;)              

• Like 1

yekrucifixion187  - that really sucks! Sounds like we both have somewhat similar issues (but not the same causes) recently. So frustrating to grind so hard, 2, 3 even 4 times, but only get "credit" for it once due to crashes.  I will say this, if I played on a server, instead of Single Player, you would be the tribemate I would want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Got a lvl 130 wild female Troodon last night by taming and sacrificing a lot of nearby Brontos.

I have failed every time I tried to tame a Troodon ..... they will never attack my sleeping dino, even though they are on Neutral, and I'm standing on top of them attacking the troodon.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I have failed every time I tried to tame a Troodon ..... they will never attack my sleeping dino, even though they are on Neutral, and I'm standing on top of them attacking the troodon.

I can't figure it out either.  I've tried doing it with a baby wyvern that I piked until it was down to about 10hp.  The troodon would not attack the baby no matter what I tried.

18 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I just injure my sacrifices to the point where they are very close to death anyways and send it to attack the Troods. It takes longer but it hasen't caused as much failure as some other ways for me. I can't always get the 'Put your dino to sleep' method right either, a,d I really don't like the baby method I had to practically be on top of the baby and almost died with it anyways.

• Thanks 1