So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

PS4 - Ragnarok - Single Player

So last night I flew around the map again, looking for a Quetz, any Quetz.   Returning home empty handed, I resorted to "DestroyWildDinos". Then I went off to do a metal run again. After about 20 minutes I decided to fly back to the top of the snow mountain near the center of the map. This is the one and only spot I ever saw a Quetz in the past, even if it was a level 7. Well on my way there I notice an alpha Raptor in a different direction.

So I fly over to get a closer look. As I get near, a Quetz renders into the distance! I quickly change focus, and as spyglass it, I see it is a 150 male!!!!!!! Holy crap, I went from no Quetz, to the best! So I park the Tapejara, get in the front seat, and begin my taming. 2-3 times the damn Quetz would fly over big areas of water, and I would have to wait, out of fear of drowning it. Finally it starts flying up mountain, and I can tell it must be close to dropping. Just as I release another Shocking dart, I notice a tiny little pond below us. YEP, the Quetz drops right into the pond. I swoop down, and land. Running to the Quetz, I see that his head is just barely sticking out of the water. So set up, watching the shoreline/woods for baddies.  Suddenly I can hear the Quetz being attacked. I turn around, and see a pack of Terror birds that had swum over from the far shore. I dive in, get them after me, and manage to kill the last one with me hanging on to life. I quickly build a fire and roast up meat. I was down to less than 50 HP.

Finally I feel the Quetz has starved enough, and I dump in the prime meat. He starts eating away, and his taming bar is rising fast. Then wham, another freaking terror bird appears and get a couple chomps in on the Quetz.  I KNEW I should have brought spike walls with me. Finally the Quetz tames up, but only as a 208, so not 100% due to the damage.  But he is stil lthe best Quetz I've ever had. So I throw a platform saddle on him, land my Tapejara on the platform and start flying home. Not 30 seconds after getting into the air, I see another Quetz. a level 25 female. Not very high, but it is a female, so I start the chase. I get a half dozen dozen shots into it, and a level 95 female Quetz renders in flying straight at us!

What do I do? I decide to get them both, so I will finish the 25 first, and then come back for the 95. However suddenly the level 25 female does something I've never seen before. It flies down to the surface of the earth, and just keeps flying away just feet above the ground!  Past raptors, bears and other dinos, Then she is zipping across the frozen lake near the redwoods. Suddenly my Tapejara moves, and I get knocked off the Quetz! I am standing in the middle of this frozen lake, and freezing. I try to call back the Quetz, but is already too far, and ignoring my spyglass whistle. 

So I start running after them. I can see wolves, bears and even raptors on all sides. I figure any second now, I will aggro them and die. But I keep running and then I see a Yuty and his carno minions killing everything in sight. They are on the edge of the Redwoods, and both Quetz and my Tapejara are so so so close!  Finally I call my Quetz back to me, and I mount up, figuring to cut my loses on the female Quetz. But then I see that she is wedged into the base of a cliff, and that the Yuty hasn't seen her yet.  I position my Quetz in hover mode, and finish knocking out the female. Then I had to build some fires, as I was nearly frozen to death. 

With a head on a swivel, I am scanning for threats, and convinced that the Yuty (a level 145 Yuty!) and his buddies will see me any second now and destroy my sleeping tame. Either that he will scare my already tamed bird into flying off without me, so I stayed in the saddle of the 150 male Quetz in case that happened, and made sure the Tapejara was on follow. Finally I'm certain they see me, and just as I am beginning to take off, I notice that a couple of the Beer-tame dinos have engaged in a losing battles with the bad guys. By the grace of ARK, the beer-tames lead the Yuty and gang AWAY from my location! Soon after the female Quetz tamed up, and we begin the long trek home.

Flying over the area where I last saw the 95 Quetz, but it has disappeared. I curse myself for not going after her first. Now it is getting dark, and so I land the Quetz's on top of tall skinny land mass surrounded by water. (Might be Titan's Rise area) So we hang out for the night, and despite having a raptor spawn in on us, it was rather peaceful. As the sun comes out, we take to the skies again, and then nearly out of render distance, I see a Quetz.  Close the distance and yep, it is the 95!  The hunt is on. Finally we drop the Quetz, and it lands on the top of a rocky outcrop with nothing but friendly dinos in every direction. The Quetz is so high up on the rocks, that I can only reach it by hovering my Quetz next to it. Knowing that it is safe from attack (unless a Rex or bigger comes) I figure I might as well harvest some of the metal and wood in the area.  By the timeI have both my tamed Quetz's loaded up, the 95 is ready, and I begin the long slow trip home with 3 Quetz and a Tapejara.  It was slow and frustrating, as the Quetz kept running up the butt of my Quetz, and stopping us in mid flight. But finally I got the whole parade home and crafted up platform saddles for the other 2 Quetz.

What an amazing turn of events. No Quetz after weeks of play on this map, (plus losing all my dinos including Quetz's on The Island due to some file glitch), and then within 6 hours, I have 3 of them! Thank you DestroyWildDinos command!

Now that I have a Quetz, I can pick up many dinos and drop them into a taming pen. No worrying about getting jumped by bad dinos or hazardous weather.

I can't wait to tame up some Ankys, MegaSloths, Mammoths and maybe even some Rhinos!

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Our rag is swarming with quetz, not sure if its a side effect of classic flyers or just good luck, but i have 3 that spawn around my base regularly.

And you find normal wyvren eggs just in the scars. Ice eggs are random in murder snow.

I've noticed wyvrens flying farther away from the scars lately, maybe because Ive been stealing eggs, I may have to put some plant x or turrets up to defend againt them incase a stray one gets near our base

I've now seen/heard from 2 sources that the Classic Flyer mod seems to cause incrementally more aerial spawns.

Here is a great NEEBS GAMING video. (Language may not be SFW)   

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

I've now seen/heard from 2 sources that the Classic Flyer mod seems to cause incrementally more aerial spawns.

Here is a great NEEBS GAMING video. (Language may not be SFW)   

Congrats on the quetz. My first quetz on rag landed in murdersnow, luckily it was only lvl 12 and we had kibble or we would have died. Our 2nd was a 130 that was stuck in the side of a mountain. I trapped it with a couple of gates and it was the eaisiest quetz tame ever

Other then quetz we havent seen any crazy flyer spawns, and the quetz aren't crazy, just way more then vanilla. Classic flyers has a statue you put up thats suppose to help with the overspawning and you can use the statue to cull excessive ammounts.

So last night we raised a 150 fire wyvren and 175 lightning wyvren, both 100% imprinted, but they ended up using all of our milk so Ill have to farm more before raising anymore. I'm on the look out for a poison next, it the 1 im missing, as well as a high lvl mate for the fire and lightning and a pair of high lvl ice

Today we tamed a pair of beavers, both lvl 140. We plan on breeding them and using their spawn at outpost to gather wood and be smithys rather then hauling a mammoth out and having to use a bgates to get them in a pen.

We got a MC turtle saddle bp last night so I think Im going to start looking for a pair of 150 turtles to breed so we can tame a squid in the near future

Only weekend plan at the moment is taming a decent paracer, we recently got an ascendent paracer platform bp so I think it was a sign to tame one and use it to tame a rock golem. I think we will tame the golem on the SW islands since the islands are much flatter then the volcano so it will make taming the golem much eaisier.

• Like 1

Tames this past week;

145 Female Shark

140 F Rex with 2058 stamina, a bump up from the 1638 we currently had. Would have been higher but she got hit by an Argy when the guy who's base I had dropped it outside of came over to look it at and the Argy attacked him. We used kibble so it still tamed with 89% efficiency. it was my fault for A) not killing the Argy though I seen it, B) not putting spiked walls around it to keep out people from approaching. He didn't do it on purpose though. He actually assisted by not killing it with his Wyvern who was getting attacked and even being a tank while I littered it with darts. 

135 M Rex. He had good base HP so I was hoping for a nice stat roll but he only finished with 8.3k HP, below our current top of 9.3K HP. I'll offer him up for trade over the next few days. 

135 Griffin. Was actually trapped by someone else who had two other's trapped and only enough mutton for one tame. I had kibble so she let me tame it up. We built her a chem bench when she wasn't the level to do so. See nice actions sometimes come back in the future.

50 and 55 mating pair of Plesi's. We were actually out looking for a Basil when these guys spawned. I normally don't like taming such low levels but even with the increased level spawns, on Ragnarok, decent level Plesi's are hard to come by so we dropped them for speed runs. 

Two M 95 Basils. Were tamed while I was offline.

A M 150 Basil. He only had one manta accompanying him. Easy clear out and pretty good tame with Mutton. That first feeding interval is killer though. had to clear out 3 sharks during that time. 

A F 150 Sabertooth. Now have a breeding pair with the 145 M. I'll breed them this upcoming weekend. 

A 140 F Anky. She had high base dmg and we got a nice roll as she tamed out with 374 dmg. That's higher than even our Anky line on legacy (369 dmg)and our top current which was 363.

A 135 M Anky. He had a nice base weight. Tamed out with 420 weight. Our anky line will definitely trump what we had on legacy. 

A M 140 Mammoth. Easy tame up in snow. A bit nerve wracking walking all the way back even with my tribe mate providing protection with the Wyvern. 

A F 95 Quetzal. tribe mate tamed this when he was up in snow biome because it had gotten stuck in a tree.

A F 145, a M 20, and a M 50 otter. First otters for us. 

A F 145, A M 140, and a M 25 Ichthyosaurus. It's damn shame on these though. We tamed them then as we were placing them in our pen the 145 started to get attacked by Piranha's which hadn't spawned in our river bed for over a week. I couldn't whistle neutral for fear of some of the water dino's beaching themselves so I was facing away from the Ichty and down and was piking the one Piranha when it said I killed the Ichty. You know when I am facing a slew of Sabers head on I don't get that kind of hit box but let me be near a low Hp tame and there you go. Ridiculous. The 25 also got killed by piranha's because someone had whistled passive to it's Shark protector's so we are down to the 140. SMH. 

A couple additional egg layers including 3 pachyrhino's. Need to replace our baryonyx. 

I probably dropped an assortment of at least 20-25 130+ dino's (Allo's, Rex's, Anky's, Doedic's) but they only had average or low stats so I just harvested them for XP.

Raises;

Raised 4 Rex's. 1 M and 3 Females. We had done a crossbreed with a different tribe. They had a stud M with 355 melee we in turn let them breed with our M Blue belly mute. We got a nice stat mute on the one female as she bumped up to 366 melee. I got 91% imprint on these so they all finished with above 10K HP (8.5k base) and 400+% melee. 

M Argy. What a beast. Hatched with 2700+ HP, 365 dmg. Lower stamina and weight but with that melee and Hp I can distribute most of the levels in those areas. 100% imprint on him so he finished with 3000+ HP and 400+% dmg. Sadly with the acquisitions of Wyvern's and Griffin's the Argy will have limited use so I am not sure if I will tame anymore or breed and raise them. I would if our cross server trade business would still be something but those timer's have pretty much killed that. 

F Anky with 363 dmg and 410 weight. This was prior to having the Anky with 420 weight to breed into our line. She finished nice and harvesting metal, obsidian, and crystal is such a big difference with an imprinted Anky. Think I got 95% imprint on her. 

Currently raising a m Anky with 363 damage and 420 weight. I went back to work today though so his imprint will probably finish in the 80"s. My tribe mate popped a bunch of rex's last night. We were able to get the 2054 stamina and 355 dmg on the one and another got the 366 dmg but both are females leaving us with limited opportunities to further cross breed.

Our top current stats we are trying to consolidate. 9.3k HP (we haven't got this to transfer to another Rex yet and is a female so one opportunity every 2 days), 2054 stamina, 366 dmg, 920 W (haven't got this to merge with either of the other stats either)

Trades;

Traded one of our un-leveled 198 M Blue belly Mute rex to a tribe for a 140 kibble tamed Griffin. What was great is that we also sold the kibble to this tribe. They were going to keep but the tamer had grown fond of his 135 kibble tamed Griffin so he decided to move on even though the 140 was better. We were looking to move the M Blue Belly rex since we have two of them so win win. 

Traded for a M Anky with 440 base weight. We'll breed the newly acquired 374 damage F Anky and this one to try to consolidate that. The 440 is now even higher than what we had on legacy (429) so once we consolidate we'll have the best Anky line we've ever had. one of my tribe mates dropped an anky with base weight of 375 last night but we got a crap roll as it tamed out with 410 weight. That'll just be a sell. 

Traded 6k ings for a 165 Lightning Wyvern. That gives us two Fires (for Alpha hunting), two Lightnings (for Titan killing), and an Ice Wyvern. One of the Fires and the Ice are imprinted on tribe mates. I'll need to buy or find a Lightning egg to raise for myself. 

Did some smaller trades as well. Traded a good Ptera (145 tame) for a JM shotgun blueprint. I also traded one of our Anky's (420 wt, 299 dmg) for a premade MC sabertooth saddle, App Shotgun BP (I can trade), and a premade JM Beezlebuffo Saddle. could not find a buyer for our 150 berry tamed bronto though. It's currently level 245. Quite a monster but the one's who expressed interest are located on the other side of the map and I understand not wanting to walk this thing all the way back. We'll keep putting it on the market though. 

Game issues;

Some of the problems from legacy are starting to creep into these new server's and I am less than pleased. They essentially forced us to abandon all we had acheived on legacy with promises of support and fixes and for the first couple of weeks it looked as if maybe they were finally keeping their word but I experienced a bunch of the fatal flaws of early access this past week. 

I blue screened by Blue ob. Luckily I have 500 HP else I would have died as i fell right into the water and was drowning when i got back into the game. We don't have a spawn point in that area yet so coming from the beaches closest to Green Ob, I am not sure i would have made it back in time to save my stuff. I will never complain if i die legitimate in the game but blue screens is a game issue. That needs to be addressed and fixed. 

I DC'd several times luckily I fly close to the ground or I was not in the midst of a battle except once. I had just started fighting a level 95 Rex. Our bear is monster though and even though I couldn't get back into the server it was able to defeat the Rex and my tribe mates were able to locate my body and the bear, getting him safely home. 

Experienced yet again constant 70/70 server's even climbing as high as 77/70 during the weekend. this also needs to be addressed. we are given incentives to raise and play but then we lose dino's and progress due to Wildcard's inability to support the increased influx of players during their peak usage. i have many people on our NA server from the EU and Oceanic land area and it is unfair that NA player's can not access the server's that provide the best connection. I have had many great dealings with these EU and Oceanic user's and I think most of them are great asset's to my server of choice but I want to be able to play the game I spent my hard earned dollar on, on the server designed for my region and I think I deserve to do so. So either start making these server's regional accessed, create more server's that direct new player's too them, or open up the server limit. I don't care which just fix this issue.

The big issue. Last night we took out our new basil's to hunt down an Angler at "world's end" as we call it (53 06 map locale). We ran into a level 140 tuso but with basil's we had no problem fighting it and it eventually raced off (the new ink mechanic is crazy dark and the slowing effects is crazy too). We continued fighting other stuff and eventually came across a 130 M Angler. I protected my tribe mate and we were close to knocking the Angler out. it had started to run and was going towards a cliff face when we experienced high lag that eventually turned into a DC and what we feared the most a roll back. The game rolled us back 20-30 minutes and both myself and my tribe mate died to the level 140 tuso we had already fought off. We feared for our Basil's as they were on passive. We raced down to worlds end fast as we could (he took the Plesi, I was slower on the other Basil) and luckily the Tuso hadn't started to attack our Basil's yet. He whistled neutral and they chased off the Tuso again. We spent 30 minutes scouring the sea floor trying to find out bodies but there were no green death lights nor bags on the ocean floor. I personally lost a Ramshackle crossbow 132.7% damage, 200 tranq arrows, 21 kairuku kibble, 6 primitive Scuba Tanks, A primitive Flak helmet, primitive flak Leggings, 60 pieces of cook prime meat, and 700 narcotics. 

Overall the losts weren't incredibly great but it is great enough at this early stage and this game is no longer in early access and I am on a new official server that is fully supported that I submitted a ticket about the incident. I expect a timely response from wildcard on this matter. I will give them 48 hours before I go on a crusade. 

To do list: Keep trying to find better Rex stats, tame some Thyla's, tame a high level female Wolf for a breeding partner, tame some Angler's, still find a suitable mate for my Megatherium, raise some Rex's, some Anky's, and the Sabertooth, keep on Wildcard about the server rollback until they provide me with a suitable solution. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 1

I had a quiet and fairly quick night as the server was being closed for maintenance so I decided that I would have an early night instead. 

I went out on my Bear (she is a tame and is 255 so I doubt many lvls) and came across a lovely looking Albino Rex with a black fin on its back right outside our lower base. I didnt have my glass on me but I seriously doubted it to be a winner so I swiped. I swiped again and again but still no blood marks so this is when I started hating ARK (in this instance that is). Finally the Rex went down 'Your lvl 255 Mama Dire Bear killed a lvl 150 Rex' - truly gutted! 150, and perfect colouring. Oh well, it wasnt 2x tame anyway so I doubt I would have bothered taming it (I keep telling myself this anyway).

I arrive at the cave that I wanted to run quickly and wow, the last few days there seem so many more mobs - spiders, scorpions etc. Its still no issue on my bear but its not as quick as it used to be. I got an apprentice fur chest piece which was nice and an apprentice pike so it will go in the collection.

Other than that, I fed some dino's, grabbed some eggs as I passed unattended bases (they were offline I might make clear) and then logged off.

Not a big night but still a nice little chest piece. Oh and I nearly forgot, some nice guy was at a gold drop before me, he checked it, decided he didnt need it, and when I checked, it was a ramshackle bear saddle - replaced mine straight away - what a nice guy :)

• Like 1

Didnt have a lot of time this morning. The wife and I decided to look for thylas again. We hop on our wyvrens and head to the dessert islands. Right away I spot a thyla, but only a lvl 40 so I kill it. My wife finds a 90 shortly after an kill it too.

Then she spots an alpha carno. We regroup and come up with a plan to kill it since our wyvrens are fairly recently raised and shes on a lightning and Im on a fire, so we cant use special attacks. So we land near it, I take agro and just start chomping, she starts chomping on it from behind. About the time it starts getting bloody a rock golem pops up. We hold steady attacking as the golem gets closer. Then the golem starts attacking us, we tank it for a bit longer and the carno dies and we fly off right away. Her wyvren gains 14 lvls and mine got 8.

After the alpha carno we resume looking for thylas. Just as I tell her its time to head back so we can get ready for work, she spots another thyla and a 150 at that...score. She scoops it up and we take it home and tame it on kibble, and it was lvl 224 after tame. That made my morning, last time we had thylas was when we played SE, and the highest we ever got was a 120 tamed on cooked mutton. Now we just need to find a female and start breeding them for cave runs.

Having the wyvrens makes looking for thylas take so much quicker...it takes forever to fly quetz from our base to the dessert isles and back, had to dedicate atleast an hour for travel and looking around, now we can do it in half the time.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok

Logged in, and started grinding out a bunch of stone dino gates. I then took out my lowest level Quetz and flew over next to my Argy trap in the side of a cliff.  I then positioned the Dino gates in a half circle, using the cliffside to close off the other half. I can now use this as a taming pen for dinos my Quetz or Argy drop into it. Plus, if any dino falls down the cliff from above, it will be trapped, and I can tame that too, if I want.

Flew around and right off the bat, I spotted a 145 female Doed. I had just tamed a 145 Blue Male a couple days earlier, so this was a no-brainer. Scooped it up and dropped it off at the taming pen. 

Now I must admit that I have an Argentavis addiction, and while I was starving the Doed, I noticed a 150 Male Argy in the distance. So I moved the Quetz away from the taming trap, and set her on Passive. Then I ran back to the little enclosed base I have next to the taming trap. Besides a bed, mortar and storage box, I keep a spare Ptera and Argy housed here to use to kiting in dinos or fighting off baddies.

I grabbed the Ptera, and kited the 150 male Argy back. He took much longer than expected, as he kept losing interest, even though he had hit me just seconds earlier. It was really weird. But as we got closer to the trap, another Argy joined in on the chase. So I led both into the pen and closed the dino gate.  The 2nd Argy was only a level 15, so I ko'd that one first, and then focused on the 150 male. Finally got him down, killed the level 15 for prime, and went over to check on the 145 Doed in the nearby pen. He was still way high in torpor and food, so I got on the Ptera and started flying around some more to look for a high level Anky or two.

Flying east of Viking Bay, in the woods near the castle, I spotted something blue on the ground. I land amongst the thick stand of trees, and the nI realize it is a Bronto egg!  Besides Dodo eggs, and one lone Titanboa egg on SE i n the desert, I have never seen a Wild dino egg in all my hours of play (Wyvern eggs don't count) So I grabbed the Bronto egg, and within 1/2 of a second, I was whipped about 100 yards by a bronto! Oops, big mistake. I then figured I could run back to my Ptera who was on Neutral and taking on what now was 3 brontos. a level 135, a level 145 and a level 95! I tried calling and calling, but the Ptera would not come back to me. So I keep creeping closer, thinking if I got a better angle on the Ptera, I could call him off. 

Suddenly I hear heavy footsteps, and they are right behind me, I turn around just in time, to see a 95 Carno jump from the short cliff above me, and he rams me hard, and I am really hurting, since I was still recovering from the bronto hit moments earlier. I know this Carno will kill me, so I try running underneath the brontos who are still engaged with my Ptera. Escaping thru to the other side, I am starting to think I am in the clear, WHAMMO, I am sailing thru the air, and off the cliff. I land on the east beach at Viking Bay, but I am hurting and my heart is pounding bad. I look up, and the 135 Bronto is jumping off the cliff, and on me like white on rice. I can barely run, so I think I will swim to safety. I dive into the water, and immediately see 2 sharks and a pack of mantas nearby. So I change course, and try to scurry along the beach back  to my base where Screamer or any of my other melee dinos are waiting. I step foot back on the beach, but NO, the Usain Bolt of Brontos is right there and sends me flying thru the air into the rocks. Now my bones are broken, and I am hobbling slowly, know what comes next. SPLAT .... Killed by a level 135 Bronto.

I spawn back at the main base, jump on Screamer, and fly over to reclaim my possessions and get my Ptera back.  By now the bronto is moving back towards its origin, and I easily get my dead body loot. As I climb back on Screamer (my melee Argy) I can hear the bronto has changed course, and is charging me again. We take to the sky, and get to safety. I didn't want to kill the bronto, because I still want to tame a couple high levels for mobile bases.

I finally re-locate my Ptera,  he is landed not far from the other 2 brontos. He is bloody, and down under 200 HP. I can't figure out why the brontos de-aggro'd and didn't kill him, but  I'm glad they didn't.

I race back to the taming pens, and both the Argy and Doed are ready for food. I tame them up, jump on the Quetz and haul the Doed back to base with the new Argy, plus Screamer following behind.

Exhausted from the experience, I level up everyone on base. Added more wood to the forges ( I want the charcoal), filled the feed bins and then logged off for the night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Didnt have a lot of time this morning. The wife and I decided to look for thylas again. We hop on our wyvrens and head to the dessert islands. Right away I spot a thyla, but only a lvl 40 so I kill it. My wife finds a 90 shortly after an kill it too.

Then she spots an alpha carno. We regroup and come up with a plan to kill it since our wyvrens are fairly recently raised and shes on a lightning and Im on a fire, so we cant use special attacks. So we land near it, I take agro and just start chomping, she starts chomping on it from behind. About the time it starts getting bloody a rock golem pops up. We hold steady attacking as the golem gets closer. Then the golem starts attacking us, we tank it for a bit longer and the carno dies and we fly off right away. Her wyvren gains 14 lvls and mine got 8.

After the alpha carno we resume looking for thylas. Just as I tell her its time to head back so we can get ready for work, she spots another thyla and a 150 at that...score. She scoops it up and we take it home and tame it on kibble, and it was lvl 224 after tame. That made my morning, last time we had thylas was when we played SE, and the highest we ever got was a 120 tamed on cooked mutton. Now we just need to find a female and start breeding them for cave runs.

Having the wyvrens makes looking for thylas take so much quicker...it takes forever to fly quetz from our base to the dessert isles and back, had to dedicate atleast an hour for travel and looking around, now we can do it in half the time.

I've been looking for Thylas on Rag since I started, and haven't seen anything over a level 40 thus far, except for the 95 that jumped me on my Argy, but the Argy killed it before I could stop it.

Congrats on your 224!

8 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Exhausted from the experience, I level up everyone on base. Added more wood to the forges ( I want the charcoal), filled the feed bins and then logged off for the night.

I love the oops stories and have committed a fair number of them myself. I'm glad your Ptera survived the onslaught. The first time I stole a Bronto egg was on herb island and the Bronto sling shotted me into the Ocean from the cliff side. I got lucky and was able to get to my raft and get out of there before it could attack me anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well again at work, but last night I spent my last few hours getting a rock Golem. I decided to go with a trap (modified to my taste from videos I seen) and a cannon. Never used a cannon before. Got it all built and aimed the cannon best I could line of sight like. Went out and settled on a lvl 20 since I had never used a cannon didn't know how many times I would miss so better to start low as I only had 9 C balls.
Got it back to the trap and let it throw a rock at me then fired! Direct head shot! I was very gleeful about that. Didn't have to adjust the cannon at all. I decided to try my luck and see if I could get 2 shots in between his rock throw... Didn't work lol. I'll stick to 1~1. Anyways got it knocked out and was very tickled with myself. Went and got sulfur and let it do it's thing. About the time 12am rolled around knowing I had to work early today I decided to give it a few narcos even tho it didn't need it to tame out and go to bed. Fast forward a few hours. Woke up at 6am and decided to jump on and put it in my base before I left for work.... When I got to where I had tamed it.. it was gone.. I checked the log to see what happened and all it showed was it tamed, then a bit later auto decayed... I was like DILO and heart broken. After doing some googling, apparently if a fresh "tamed" Dino isn't "claimed" by your tribe in like a hour after finish taming it auto decays. Don't really understand and think a bit dumb but it's fine. It was a test golem anyways but I still would have put it to use tonight instead of going for another one.. oh well ark and learn I guess.

I SURE WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT, WISH I HAD THAT OPTION IN THIS WEBPAGE/FORUM WILDCARD!

IT IS SO CONVENIENT TO HAVE  USER ACCOUNTS REGISTER IN, BUT QUITE MANIPULATIVE TO NOT GIVE THEM THE FREEDOM TO LEAVE WHEN THEY ARE CONSTANTLY BEING REJECTED, HUMILIATED AND EVEN HARRASSED. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HYPOCRISY, FOR BEING

SUPPORTIVE

ABOUT YOUR OWN COMMUNITY MEMBERS, INDEPENDENTLY OF WHERE THEY STAND.

LET ME GO. DO NOT USE ME AS A NUMBER IN YOUR POPULARITY CALCULATIONS, I DON'T BELONG THERE, NOR HERE.

Edited by PeterManize

10 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I've been looking for Thylas on Rag since I started, and haven't seen anything over a level 40 thus far, except for the 95 that jumped me on my Argy, but the Argy killed it before I could stop it.

Congrats on your 224!

Thank you. Desert isles are the only place I've seen thylas on rag but they are suppose to spawn in the redwoods too. Our base is by the castle so it sucked getting there via quetz, so glad we got wyvrens.

There's usually 2 or 3 on the isles spread out. We kill the low lvls untill a good one finally spawns, todays 150 is the 1st over 100 we've seen since we started looking. We are going to try again before work tomorrow. If we find a female then we will probably breed them tomorrow night.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Thanks 1

I decided to have a late one last night so I could actually play with my US tribe mate - I play in the UK.

After spending 3hrs grinding resources; metal, eggs, stone, loot drops and just general food runs - my tribemate joins the game.

The night before he bagged himself a nice 145 Spino - he likes Spinos,  nearly as much as I like my Bears.

We decide to go through the swamps up to the snow cave and I said Id lvl his new Spino for him. 

He decided to name his Spino Slice and for those WoW players, I named his other (which is now theoretically mine) Dice ;)

We run the Ice cave without any real issues but no real decent loot drops - Im sure we have got ascendent gear from there before. But I was happy doing something different so I was happy just being up there. We ripped up a pair of Alpha Carnos, 3 Yutis and their partnering Carnos - Think the new Spino went from 216 to 257. Stats started to look like 6k hp and 450 melee, not amazing but they are fairly versatile.

Tonight will be the same I think but will possibly look for a couple of high lvl Pteras for breeding options.

I figure I'd do a small update.

I did a meat run for the new Rex's we are raising but the lag was super bad on the server making flying on the Wyvern difficult so after the initial meat run i took our bear out to continue and performance was much better. 

I came across a level 100 Rex. i drop anything level 100 and above in the .0001% chance it has like 40 points in one of stats but this thing was an average 100 rex so i harvested it for meat. One of my tribe mates had gotten on and he messaged me he had just dropped an Anky with 390 wild base weight. I told him I was just finishing up a meat run so i'd come join him in watching the Anky. Our current best weight, after tame, is a 440. We traded for that and it was a raised Anky (no mutations though) so not sure what the parents base wild rate was but we were pretty excited about this Anky's possibilties.

Our other tribe mate got on so we were all in chat and he had me look up some 2x kibble for a Castoride's since they have such a fast torpor timer. 40 minutes and 11 kibble so next event we may put that on the list.  We need another Dime too so maybe we'll do a fast torpor time run of what we don't have (minus Theri until we get kibble) on next event. I also looked up mutton time for a level 100 Angler on regular rates and then it was time to make the kibble for the Anky. I flew back to base, made the kibble which was pretty reasonable for a 130 Anky (23) and flew back out. My tribe mate had grabbed my last raised Anky and brought that up because we spotted some metal and obsidian nodes. I popped the kibble in the Anky and started mining some nodes. We cleared the nodes and our third tribe mate had joined us so we transferred some of the obsidian to his Wyvern, we will be raising one this weekend for strictly weight purposes, and we went to collect the Anky but it wasn't done, it was out of food, what the...?

I checked my app and oops, I changed the dino back to Anky but had left the level as 100 after checking the Angler. 

We decided with that weight it was worth it to let it wake back up and knock it back out so I flew over to the Megalania islands and was harvesting some meat, considered working on the Titan that's been there a few days but I think we'll make that a group activity. no one else seems willing to work on Titans since the first one the  one tribe on the server went after killed 2 of their Wyvern's. Bad tactics and not cutting your losses were chief culprits though as I watched them and they weren't staying in the air and were in the Titans AOE. 

I continued harvesting meat and i ran into a level 55 Alpha Rex. Score. I had my one tribe mate come over and we tag teamed the Rex and took it down fairly fast. His Wyvern is imprinted to him but mine is a trade for so was actually surprised we took as little damage as we did and got it down that fast. I got 3 levels for the Wyv, stamina,  and flew the prime back to base. I threw that on the grill, made the correct amount of kibble this time and flew back out to the Anky. 

It was awake so we knocked it back out (it was in a stone building we built around it to keep it safe from the Argy's and Sabertooth's that patrol the area) and since it's food hadn't climbed we only had about a 30 minute wait to place the food. We know technically starve taming doesn't make a difference except for the case of this where the Anky needed to be knocked back out. If we placed the kibble right away it would eat that and if it needed to be knocked back out we be on the hook for the whole drain time again as opposed to a 30 minute timer.

We harvested more meat and then placed the kibble in the Anky and I flew back to base to see if I could squeeze in one last imprint on the Anky I was currently raising. It was at 99.9 maturation with 20 minutes until imprint so looks like it was going to finish with 82% imprint. Finished with 421% dmg and 512 weight before levels so I am pleased with that. We can now breed the new base damage (374) into this line and get an even better Anky and possibly get a better weight stat in a few moments (current 440). 

The Anky finished taming and....410 weight. What? How? RNG strikes again. lol. Not even our second best weight. it was a huge let down and disappointment. People aren't buying Anky's right now so my tribe mate killed it with the fire Wyvern and it was time for me to call it a night. My tribe mates went off to harvest crystal and I did a last egg run around the base when I seen in chat someone asking for mass narcotics and mass tranq darts/arrows. A tribe we had made several good deals with. They were offering high Allo eggs but we have no need for those. 

I discussed it with my tribe a little and sent out the offer of 2k narcotics and 623 arrows (half narc, half regular) for any 170 wyvern egg which they were happy to take. They had found a level 145 Giga and had it trapped. They gave a 170 Fire Egg (my tribe mate had traded for a 170 poison and 165 Lightning earlier) and I dropped all that stuff plus 100 tranq darts just to help out. I wish I had Quetz kibble to help them even further but we don't have more then one female Quetz right now so we only have 1 egg at this point. 

My tribe mate called dibs on the first fert egg and we all laughed as they said no doubt. I then logged for the night. I'll be interested to hear what those Giga's stats are tonight. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187

PS4 = Ragnarok - Single Player,

Short night of playing for me. Got on, and took the middle Quetz out to search for some dinos to tame. Since I now have two 145 Doeds, I figured time to get some Ankys.

Flying south from Viking Bay, I creep up into the Snow mountain, and first thing I spot is a 145 Megasloth.  I grab it, drop it off in my taming pen and KO'd it. I then flew off looking for an Anky while the sloth starved.  I can't find any Ankys over 100, but I do see a male 145 Mammoth fighting some baddies, and I have NEVER tamed a mammoth before. Pick it up with the Quetz, and drop it off on a "safe" beach area not far from my taming pen.

Then back out looking for an Anky. I come across a 145 Allo, so I swoop down and try to pick it up. OOPS.... bad idea, and now my Quetz is bleeding like a a camper from Friday the 13th.  I hurry out of there and finally come across a 140 Anky. but it and two buddies are fighting a group of Hyenas near a high cliff ledge. I tried to pick up the Anky, but keep grabbing the Hyenas instead. And now the Anky is getting bloody. Then the entire motley crew fall off the face of the cliff, and I realize that a trio of Argies are looking at me and my Quetz as a free buffet.

Because my Quetz is so new, I had only been leveling up the stamina and weight thus far. So fighting was not a good option. But I quickly glass them, and they are all level 15 & 25. We manage to kill them all and get more prime for the Sloth. I fly back to check on the Sloth and it is ready for feeding. Tame him up, put on his S & M style saddle (painted black for good measure) and move him out of the pen. I then go and grab the Mammoth from the beach and KO him.

Waiting on the Mammoth, I am picking berries near the beach, when a 145 Turtle walks right by me. Knowing I have never tamed a Squid, I figure what the heck, so grab the turtle, and drop it off right in front of my Argy trap. I then dismount the Quetz, and kite the turtle into my Argy trap. I KO'd him, and now I have 2 dinos starving.

Back on the Quetz, and I continue my search for a high level Anky. Finally I find what I believe is the 140 Anky that had fallen off the cliff, and I pick it up and drop it off on the same beach that the Mammoth had been stashed at.

With more time to kill, I grab my spare Ptera from the taming base, and start hitting beacons. The first one is a yellow with ring, and amazingly it has a MC Turtle saddle BP in it! Perfect Timing. hit a few more beacons, got some ASC Ghillie, and a couple of ASC saddles (Manta, for sure, the other one sucked too) came across a MC long neck rifle, and also got a JM shark saddle!

I looked for some otters but I think they Still are not on PS4 yet.

Finally I fly back and tame up the Mammoth, and Turtle. Move the Mammoth out of the taming pen, Re-locate the 140 Anky, and drop and KO it in the taming pen. Then I started making trips back to the main base, carrying the sloth, then the turtle. When I get to my base, a handful of animals are all out of place. (I keep a few on neutral, with the majority on passive). Finally I see that 150 Raptor and two 145 Dilos were laying dead outside my pillar/dino gate perimeter. At tthis point I notice some more dilos working their way towards my base. I quickly knock them out and tame them up. I then rearranged my existing dilos into a 6 Dilo wall of Spitting Turret. Backed up by a couple 100+ Pegos and an Allo. The gates and Pillars will keep anything smaller than a Giga/Titan out. so I feel secure about it's defense.

Fly back to the taming pen. Tame up the Anky, who put a ton of its points into FOOD :( and flew her back to base.

Made up saddles for all of the new tames, colored the saddles, and put them on the dinos. At this point I notice one of my Pteras sitting on the edge of the woods .... so I grab him and as I start flying it back, I notice a trio of turtles bunched up on the edge of a cliff. While glassing them (all under level 45) I notice not one, but 2 turtle eggs amongst them! I kite them away, and grab the eggs. First the bronto egg the night before, and now 2 turtle eggs. This is amazing. Did the Devs make something special about Rag, that wild eggs happen a lot?

I've been trying to decide on a spot for a large main base. I normally prefer a central location. But I really like Viking Bay. So I think I will use Behemoth gates to block the bay, and then build myself a huge breeding facility on the East side of the bay, and re-design/expand my existing base, on the west side.

Otherwise, can anyone suggest a good "central" location for a main base?

• Like 1

Last night we bred our recently tamed beavers and got a set of twins, 1 male, 1 female. They actually started collecting berries from bushes under our foundations before we took them off wander..sweet self feeding, lol. Got 100% imprint on both.

This morning we went looking for a mate for the 150 male thyla we tamed last night. I've determined the southern most desert isle always has 2 thylas that spawn, and if you kill them it doesnt take long for 2 more to spawn. So sure enough,  found a couple low lvls on the southern most desert isle, so I kill them, leave rendering for a few minutes, come back, killed 2 more...did this 2 or 3 time before I finally spot a 145 female. Grabbed her and took her home to tame. She actually had better melee and hp then the 150 male we got yesterday. We still had a few minutes after she tamed before I had go to work so we took them out leveling. What a fun trip, ragnarok is made for thylas, so many places to climb and jump off of, lol. 

Tonight we plan on breeding them and hopefully again tomorrow so the wife and I both have imprinted ones.

Tomorrow we try for a yutty again...still stinging from looseing the bear to one last weekend, but we have wyvrens now which are immune to the fear so we should be able to get a good pair. We've been trying to get one for 3 weeks now. And we will grab more wyvren eggs too, i need a good lightning and my wife a good fire so we can team up against alphas and actually use our special attack. I'd love to find a good poison too since I've never had one

If theres time I'm also going to get a good paracer and build a cannon on it to knock out elementals and hopefully tame a few

Edited by Jabnlab

Success, we tamed a 140 female yutty this morning. She was in the entrance to the ice cave. So i pick off her minions then knocked her out. Had to use admin commands to get her out of the cave though. She had just shy of 10k hp after tame, dododex is down so I cant tell if thats good or normal. 

While she was taming we kibble tamed a 150 and 145 pair of sloths and mated them. We also tammed 2 lvl 90 hyenas and are breeding them too. I'm hoping to get a half dozen or more for caves.

Had some excitement while looking for a 2nd yutty. The wife spots an alpha raptor near the canyon. So we team up to kill it, and it was in a mass of carnos and normal raptors. We land our wyvrens and start attacking everything (no special attack since we have a fire and lightning). Then my wife gets knocked off by a microraptor. I'm quickly trying to kill everything as she tries to remount her flying wyvren while getting attacked by a massive ball of raptors and carnos. Then i get knocked off. I tell her to just jump off the cliff towards the canyon and parachute. She does and gets away with 20 hp to spare (she was happy she had jm flak on). My wyvren was on passive so I grapple to it and kill everything off, get her wyvren to follow me and bring it to my wife and she mounts it mid flight. I hate micro raptors...but thank god for flak, grapples and parachutes, lol. 

After the excitement we decided to wrap it up after taming a few more snails.

We plan on playing again later tonight. We will spend a little time looking for a male yutty. Then we want to get a good paracer and level our thylas while getting organic poly. We also plan on starting a snow outpost on a cliff overlooking viking bay. It will be built more for looks the function, and to get us ready to eventually live in murdersnow

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

She had just shy of 10k hp after tame, dododex is down so I cant tell if thats good or normal.

That is an amazing stat. Our 145 tame on the new servers had 8.3k HP which was better then anything we had on Legacy and we were hatching 218's with 7.6k HP which was good but not great. What was the stamina? We always statted ours for boss fights with 3k stamina and the rest HP (22-25k usually) combined with a 79 armor saddle we only loss one legitmately to the Alpha Brood because the rider got stuck on the Rex's and killed so she couldn't be ridden. 3k stamina will allow for a consistent screaming buff for as fast as she can do it. 

12 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

That is an amazing stat. Our 145 tame on the new servers had 8.3k HP which was better then anything we had on Legacy and we were hatching 218's with 7.6k HP which was good but not great. What was the stamina? We always statted ours for boss fights with 3k stamina and the rest HP (22-25k usually) combined with a 79 armor saddle we only loss one legitmately to the Alpha Brood because the rider got stuck on the Rex's and killed so she couldn't be ridden. 3k stamina will allow for a consistent screaming buff for as fast as she can do it. 

Glad to hear its good hp, i can't remember the stam, but its up to almost 3k now with only a few lvls. I've been looking for a 140+ male to breed her with, but havent had luck, but it took us 3 weekends to find her. I'm also still looking for a rex with good hp to breed in with our good melee brood. I see plenty of 140+ rex on rag but their hp always sucks. Got tired of tranqing them and added a spyglass mod  last week that shows stats so I don't have to waste darts/aarows on low hp rex.

Tonight we tamed a lvl 150 paracer. She was all the way in the sw isles, ended uploading her to get her home or it would have taken hours on foot. We plan on putting the apprentice platform saddle on her and a cannon so we can get a few rock golems.

Other then that the only other tame tonight was a 145 male pig, was going to tame a 2nd but didnt have enough eggs for kibble so we will put it off for a few days. We also bred the hyenas we got earlier and the megatheriums. 

We then realized we were low on absorbant substrate for repairing our nightvision, so the wife and I headed to the trench on our plesios to farm squid. On the way to the trench we killed an alpha shark, then killed 3 or 4 squid, then locked horns with a 135 alpha squid, what an intense fight, i honestly thought we were going to loose a plesio. 2 normal squids joined in, and 2 packs of eels, it was just a tangled mess of eels, tentacles and fins. Finnaly the eels and normal squid went down so we could focus on the alpha. It was taking forever to get bloody, and about the time we were getting bloody it stopped doing damage, not sure why, but we downed it soon after and quickly surfaced after the ink cleared so we could catch our breath, lol. I was down to 13k hp of 25k and my wife was about the same, but we got 100 absorbant substrate, black pearls and a green fishing pole and a few lvls on our plesios, so not bad.

To finish the night we met up with my brother on our thylas and him on a sabre and did a little exploring. Nothing too exciting happened, we helped him kill his 1st alpha raptor, and he farmed some much needed crystal and obsidian. He almost died to a pack of troodons, but we saved him. We ended up back at my base so we gave him the wyvren express back to his before calling it a night.

Edited by Jabnlab