So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I did log in last night after I heard that we had had a Giga egg stolen from our air con room. I was suprised by it but not overly so just went on a cave run and hit up a few beacons. 

I was quite tired but spent 30 mins, killing some Rex's and anything I could see and then... a pack of Allos! Now, I mustn't say this too loud or my tribe master will give me a grilling on TS this weekend but I didnt have my spyglass on me so couldnt see the levels but the Alpha had taken no damage from the Stego and 3 Brontos they were assaulting.

Anyway, I saw an opportunity for some good xp for my bear and for a few nice trophies... Bang! The Alpha was harder than I expected and then it dawned on me, do i run adn leave it, and come back with a glass? By now the Allo was bloody so wouldnt survive any further carnage from anything so I kept on plugging away. 'Your Bear killed a level 150 Allosaurus' - D'oh! I know we dont see them often and I know my Tribe Master really wanted one (we had a nice one on our old server). Ill keep that to myself me thinks :P

13 hours ago, erfulspace117 said:

I'm getting the game on Saturday for PS4 any tips guys?

PvP...as soon as you spawn in start gathering materials and go in land. Don't stay on the beach else you'll be toast. Don't use global chat. They already know you're there and they will probably be looking for you. learn sleeping bag and small chests. Find thick foliage to hide it in and place small items and some spawn points. Build small and hidden to start. You are going to die a lot. HP and fortitude are your friend. 

PvE...don't ask to join a tribe. prove yourself as a solo player first (unless you are joining with friends or if you see someone actively recruiting) Don't ask for free stuff. Work your butt off that is how you get rewarded. Try not to build on the beach. Some valuable resources and walking paths there. Build a small hut to gather materials but eventually scout and locate a good spot to build. There will be a lot of pillared spots so keep searching. They haven't got it all but be aware of resource spawns and certain dino spawns. Use Ark Wiki and here to find valuable info. You will die here though probably not as much. Just keep plugging away. Start taming dino's and learn about kibbles. Don't get too attached to your tames early. They will be slaughtered while you are out by wild dino's. Grind and then grind some more that is how you grow. 

PS4

Single Player

Ragnorok

So last night I spawned into the Island. Used the Ascend2 command, and began my adventure into Ragnorok!

Spawned into Viking Bay. Ground out a base and some tools/weapons. Tamed a Ptera, flew until I found some Argies. While shooting at the Argy, he knocked both me and my Ptera off the cliff we were standing on. Somehow, I survived the fall, and landed on a small ledge on the cliff. Finally brought the Argy down, by doing the bullfighter "Ole" technique. I then flew off to get some more prime, as the stuff I had was now bad. Got some prime, and returned to the Argy just in time to see a Level 53 Rex make a snack out of him. It was then that I realized that the "small ledge" was actually accessible on both sides. So I did some grinding and build a wood spike wall on both sides of the location I wanted to build a taming pen.  I then spent most of the time building an Argy taming pen, only to end up taming an argy away from it, because my Ptera was such a low level, it's stamina sucked, and I kept having to land.But at least I had an Argy!

Then over the next couple hours tamed a Trike, Parasaur, Shark, 2 more Pteras,  and a handful of Dodos, Lymas, Dilos and Dimorphs. nothing high level, as I was just staying in Viking Bay area.

I then started to explore a bit of the map. After searching a portion of the map and not seeing any Tapejaras, I jumped over to the Island map, and loaded up the Green OB with my low level male Taperjara and "mule" Argy I had just sitting around on that map, that I never used.

Jumped back to Rag, and flew to the green OB. Downloaded the Tapejara. Put his saddle on him, and then downloaded the Argy. ..... um Wildcard, why did my Argy never download, yet he is no longer showing in the OB?!  Oh well, it was just one that I had stopped using on the island anyway, so no real big loss. flew back to base, and loaded up on tranq arrows. I then took the Tapejara out and found a level 58 Argy. Not very high, but prior to that everything I'd seen had been level 31 or lower. Tamed him up, fought off some piggies in the process, and then flew back to base.

Jumped over to the Island to see if for some reason that missing Argy was back there. but no he is gone. As I jumped back to Rag, I noticed that the difficulty level was only .3!   WTH? I always play it set to 3 or 5. Not sure how that got lowered, but that probably explains the low level dinos I was seeing, and also why the two Argies I tamed seemed so much easier to get that usual.

Tonight I will most likely do a dino wipe, after increasing the difficulty to at least 3. (not sure I want to go full 5 yet, until I know the map better) I will try to find a capture a high level Tapejara as well as Argy and Ptera. Then I can explore a bit more, and see where the Wyverns spawn. I haven't seen any yet. 

I also need to scout out a location for a new base. One that has metal and stone nearby, and is more centrally located. My first base is on the very edge of the water. Great location for seeing any mean dinos coming, but far off from resources needed to advance.

Thus far, I haven't transferred over anything else from my Island map. Trying to decide if I want to transfer over more dinos, some machinery, and resources (CP, Ingots, etc.) and weapons.  Or just continue grinding all of that from scratch on Rag.  

I will say this, Rag thus far is a beautiful map.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

PvP...as soon as you spawn in start gathering materials and go in land. Don't stay on the beach else you'll be toast. Don't use global chat. They already know you're there and they will probably be looking for you. learn sleeping bag and small chests. Find thick foliage to hide it in and place small items and some spawn points. Build small and hidden to start. You are going to die a lot. HP and fortitude are your friend. 

PvE...don't ask to join a tribe. prove yourself as a solo player first (unless you are joining with friends or if you see someone actively recruiting) Don't ask for free stuff. Work your butt off that is how you get rewarded. Try not to build on the beach. Some valuable resources and walking paths there. Build a small hut to gather materials but eventually scout and locate a good spot to build. There will be a lot of pillared spots so keep searching. They haven't got it all but be aware of resource spawns and certain dino spawns. Use Ark Wiki and here to find valuable info. You will die here though probably not as much. Just keep plugging away. Start taming dino's and learn about kibbles. Don't get too attached to your tames early. They will be slaughtered while you are out by wild dino's. Grind and then grind some more that is how you grow. 

Thanks man

This morning I am a sad panda.:Jerbcry:

Last night I continued on my new gameplay of Ragnarok. I tamed a couple of sharks, three high level Pteras, and added on to my base on the beach. Harvested metal and made some ammo. I then spent the next hour exploring the map. And even found my first Griffin. But did not attempt to tame.

I have today off, so I logged on this morning, and decided I wanted to transfer a Doed and Anky from my Island base to Rag.  However when I go to the Island map, it keeps acting as if I am a brand new player on the map. Create my character, etc.  So it appears I somehow lost my entire Island data! >:(

WTH?   besides losing a huge base I had built, I lost nearly 50 dinos, including my highest level Spino ever, high level Argies, Ankys, Doeds, Tapejaras. Plus my Quetzs. Then there was the huge ammo and resources I had built up.

I'm not seeing any indication of an update last night, and I know I did not delete any files. So I am so confused and totally bummed out. This is on PS4 - single player.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Aushegun

Over the last week I have felt overwhelmed with keeping the Legacy server going while also trying to be a contributing member on the new official server so after talking it over with my legacy tribe mate we chose to let the Legacy server go. In that aspect;

I took one of our Giga's out and killed a Wild Level 40 Giga. Lost about 13k HP to that one. Our Giga had 424% melee and 34k HP with a 109 Armor Saddle. I also killed a level 85 Giga with the same Giga. Lost about 21k HP to that one.

I had plans to take some of my Boss' Rex's (those with the 45k HP and 700+ melee and the 86+ armor saddles) into the snow biome and hunt down a Giga to see how they'd fair and also hunt down a Titan to see how they'd fair but as I'll explain later it didn't happen. 

I walked our one Golem down to try the hard water cave but I got lost on the way, was down to low and got caught in a small area between the barrier and some rocks so i just left him there to despawn. I swam into the cave got hit by an eel and died in a few minutes totally expected though.

I set our three thyla's loose on carno island, 5 wolves loose in redwood, 3 allo's and two of the giga's loose in the swamp, our 4 dragon's I set them for AI to use elemental attacks and actually took them into the air then jumped off of them and had them fly and do whatever they wanted, I did the same with several Quetzal's.

I had planned to do so much more and test stuff out but was frankly exhausted at the idea of collecting and positioning these dino's just so to attempt things. So I took our best 3 Boss Rex's (45k hp/800% melee) and our best Yuty(turret mode is awesome by the way and 26k hp/3120 stam) had them all follow each other and sent them to reek havoc around Green ob along with one of our Golem's and then just whistled everything else to follow one Yuty which was a glorious cluster of madness.  

I destroyed all of our vaults and equipment with stuff in it as well as storage boxes. I did a quick survey of each vault and to my knowledge it looked like I let despawn about 250k ings, 400 to 500k Hide and fiber, 10k crystal, and probably 90-100k poly. 

It made me kind of sad (maybe not the right word, defeated and exasperated are better descriptions) seeing all that we had worked for go away like that. BP's and fert eggs yet to be hatched including some that may have given us a cool black and white Quetzal to add to our color. 

Thinking of running the caves to achieve the last artifacts we needed for monkey and dragon and knowing I'd have to devote at a minimum another month of my time to legacy to reach that point properly made this decision for us and even though it was tough i think it is going to be the right decision in the end. 

I did do one positive thing. A kid I traded with several months ago was always looking for a Giga egg but could never get the mats needed together due to some of the worse luck in the world, like internet outages and lost materials during server jumps, and let him know I had pin coded a small storage box on our server with a cooked down (less than 1%) 18k hp/180-230 melee/50% blue mute chance egg that he just needed to come and get. he sent a great thank you and then I bid adieu to my legacy server. 

I can now dedicate my time to the new official server completely and regain what we had and I believe surpass it as our 3 person tribe complement each other's skill sets very well but are well rounded enough in everything to be assets no matter what needs to get done. 

Onward and upward. 

Edit: The new Ark: Refreshing Evolved DLC kind of sucks. My first attempt at onward and upward consisted of me refreshing my new server for close to 2 hours looking at between 77/70 to 70/70 servers. I realized how much of an idiot I was and proceeded to watch Netflix instead though being sour while doing so. Maybe I'll get to try onward and upward tonight. By the way when I woke up for work at 4:00 AM this morning the server was still at 70/70. First time I experienced that difficulty getting on the server. Never had to wait more than 30 minutes previously. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Sad 1

Finished our elevator last night and got the floors configured, now I just need to build the elevator shaft.

We spent half an hour or so this morning looking for underwater loot crates on our plesios and couldnt find a single one. Gave up and hit the trench to farm some squid for black pearls and absorbant substrate, that was a little scary, theres a lot of eels and jellies down there, lol. Made it out without bumping any jellies after killing several squid and came home with 200 or 300 black pearls and 25 or so absorbant substrate. I dont think id take a mosa down there for fear of hitting a jelly, hardly enough room for plesios to sneak by

I remembered reading that the ice cave had several loot crates in its entrance, so we decided to find it and check it out. Flew in and found 4 loot crates. First run the only good thing I found was a MC dunklo saddle. Went in again half an hr later, and they had respawned, found a jm parasaur saddle bp, JM shotgun and MC stone pick of all things, (as well as various quality cloth and hide bps).

Tried it again on my lunch break and got MC fur gloves which made my afternoon despite not being a bp, lol (we plan to eventually setup an outpost in murder snow)

So all i plan on doing tonight is hitting the loot crates a few times and maybe hatching another allo.

Our plans for this weekend are building a cabin near the ice cave, kind of independent from our main base with its own set of gathering/defense dinos. We also want to tame a dunklo as I noticed a lot of underwater obsidian and crystal nodes around the volcano, and maybe find and kill a few alpha mosas and squid. Then we are going to assist one of my brothers in taming a few dinos (hes his own tribe and doesnt play much) Then if he gets some type of combat mount we plan on meeting up with my other brother and doing some exploring/leveling. I may surprise them with a decent saddle for what ever mount they bring

And If I get time Sunday we are going to raise a plesio for my wife, and hopefully its a female so it can pair with my 100% imprinted male

• Like 1

I have/get to give this gam major props because it showed me god-tier levels of glitchy kindness after a freeze earlier today. It's been freezing and crashing quite a bit lately and sometimes it loses several minutes of progress, thanks to one of the crashes I found the Wyvern that I had raised but Kill comanded alive again, for some reason out in the lava lands near the wyvern trench and highland area where sheep spawn and it was fighting 2 wild ones.

The truely lucky part is after it killed the wilds I called him to me and he had the 50 still mostly fresh wyvern milks in it's inventory so an alpha must have spawned in and lost a fight. Using the milk to raise a lightning and poison baby and I also used the Wyvern to get a Morellatops and also got a green winged lvl 130 Lymantria.

I also almost got a second griffin but it got away lol.

• Haha 1

Didnt get much accomplished this weekend. Spent 2 hrs looking for thylas in the sw islands, found and killed about 8 low lvls before giving up. Then set out for yutties. Found a 145 near our mountain taming pen. Kitted it in with my bear, but before i could get the door closed my bear got hit with fear and rain right off a cliff to its death. RIP yogi bear. Gave up on looking for yutties and went home and raised a replacement bear.

Later that night our angler somehow got out and killed by a ray. Rip blinky. After that we help my brother tame a sabre, so theres 1 success. Then we set out to tame another angler and came across a 135 alpha mosa. That was a good fight, but no good loot. Shortly after we tamed a lvl 25 angler.

This morning we set out for yutties again but struck out. Then decided to build a wyvren trap and try for some wyvrens. Built the trap, got some milk...but all the friggen eggs spoild on pick up. Did a destroy wild dinos. Waited 20 minutes and managed to get a lvl 15 fire, lvl 20 lightning and lvl 95 lightning. 

Took the eggs and milk home and decided to brave murder snow for some ice eggs, and managed to get 1 lvl 55 before we had to bail due to low health. So the rest of the day we are going to hatch/raise the lvl 95 and 55 eggs

• Like 1

I had a long Saturday night which was good and the highlight was visiting the Ice Cave on the Center map. Now on our last server we visited it with Bears and they were great but my Tribe master and I didnt have any spare bears yet to leave up there so we decided to try and swim a pair of Spino's up there. Neither are great - one has 400 melee and the other has 6k hp so between us we had a tank and a slayer. 

The first part went swimmingly well, swamps no issue and no Mosa's or anything to take us out from below.

We arrived at the IceCave (west side I think) and neither of us were sure if Spinos would fit in and on some of the walkways. We didn’t even know if the Yeti’s would push us back. The Spino’s indeed managed to fit in and we also managed to clear Yeti’s fairly easily. It was nice getting our 3rd Artefact. Cunning, Immune and now Skylord. So game progression we have now managed to do (in standard ARK) in a month, than what we achieved in nearly a year on Prim+. Granted, I’m more of a help now and we also have other players, however, we are still far behind in our breeding programme though L

We got no decent drops from the crates but it was good experience for the Spinos – they levelled up quite nicely in there.

Other than that, we added further metal walls and flooring, bred some more dinos and put the eggs in the fridge awaiting for another 2x weekend to raise the all.

• Like 2

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok

Played on Rag a fair amount this weekend. Started out by exploring more of the map and hoping to find and tame a high level Tapejara. After flying for a while, I came  across a 145 male Argy. I flew away a bit, and ground out the smallest taming pen I could. Almost got killed as I was finishing, as a Scorpion snuck up behind me. Luckily me Ptera was still on Neutral, and killed it,  while I passed out. Finally finished the trap. Re-located the 145,( was so lucky he was just chilling on a tiny rock area) and kited him in. While I was starving him a bit, I flew around the area more, and spotted a 140 Female!  Flew back to the trap, tamed up the 145 male, and moved him away from the trap. Went back to find the 140 female, and could not see her. So I flew around a bit, and found a 145 female Ptera. Followed her until she landed near a safe spot, and tamed her up. On the way back to the trap, I found another 140 female, kited her in, and whammo I now have 2 high level Argies and a high level Ptera ............. rinsed and repeated, and by the time I returned to my beach base, I had 4 Argies of 140 or 145 level, and a 145 mated couple of Pteras! Never did see a Tapejara over level 30 :(

Sunday, I got sick of watching football and all of the protesting players, so back on ARK I went. First thing I did was breed my new Argies and Pteras, and stashed their eggs in a preserving bin. Then I took out my Melee leveled 145 Argy  to  level him up and explored more of the map, and found an area over run with meglanias walking around a beach. Tried to tame a 145 female, but got attacked and got Rabies. managed to put down a bed before dying. Spawned back in, only to quickly die to a pack of Allos. However my Argy was on passive. Wait for the timer, and spawn back in. Somehow by luck, the pack had split up, and it's alpha had moved out of range. So only the 2 lower level Allos were attacking my Argy. Whistled him neutral and watched him just shred those Allos. Then we went looking for the lead Allo. Found him, and I was surprised to see he was in fact a level 145! So I began trying to tame him. Finally after chasing him around a bit,  he falls on the edge of the beach. I look around, and their is nothing in the area, so I fly off to scout a bit more, while I let him starve.  As I fly back to him, I can clearly see a shark chomping away at the Allos butt hanging in the water. I start fighting the shark, and after knocking it out, I return to the Allo .... yep DEAD! I return to the shark then ... a level 15. So killed him out of spite and began scouting again, while cursing my bad luck.

Saw a lone Jerboa hopping along the sand, and quickly tamed her up. On the way back to base, saw a Level 100 Alpha Carno. Decided to test out "Screamer" my melee argy, and he came thru with flying colors. It took a long time, but we killed the Carno, and he was in remarkable health. At this point, I realized that I had a lot of CP, Oil, Pearls, Chitin, and other valuable stuff in the inventory, so back home we went. 

Next I decided to try for some larger dinos, but realizing I don't have a Quetz on this map yet, I flew off to find one. Taking the only Tapejara I had, we flew around the map all over the raptoring place. Not find a SINGLE QUETZ!   grrrrrrrrr!  Then as I am flying back across the snow mountain near the large bridge, I see a Quetz level 30 flying high above the mountains. I land the Tapy to get in the front seat, and at this time a Yuty comes out of nowhere and scares my Tapy. Well by the time I get him calmed down, the Quetz has disappeared. I flew around for at least 20 minutes looking for it with no luck. I then returned to base, and switched to Screamer, so I could go back and kill the Yuty. Mission accomplished but only after I had fallen off the Argy by accident, and nearly died when the Yuty knocked me off the mountain. Saved by the parachute! In the meantime, my Argy followed me and I was able to re-group and finally kill that SOB. Frustrated by  the lack of Tapejaras and Quetz, I returned to base.

As I was flying over Viking Bay, I noticed a shark in the water.... glassed it  and saw it was a 145 female ! I only had 2 sharks under level 30 at my base, so I quickly set out to tame this shark. While arrowing the shark, I was attacked by the damn lobsters, and thus drowned. 2nd time, I knock out the shark, but am again knocked out by lobsters and drown. Re-spawn, tame up the shark and bring it back to base. On the way I see another 145 male, and so I manage to kite it into a shallow rocky area, and finally tame it up. What luck, I now have a mate boosted pair of badazz sharks.

At this point I decide to do more water exploring, so I create a Mindwipe, and level up my oxygen and health, along with Stamina and Speed. Riding the 145 female "Chyna", and accompanied by her mate "Triple H", and the two low levels sharks Chompy and Bitey we got out to tame more water dinos. Within the first hour we located and tamed two basils, but both were low level. Then we get sneak attacked by a level 60 Mosa! I thought for sure we would die, but amazingly, we killed it and everyone survived. Off to the shallows to heal everyone up, and then we went back at it. Killed a leeds and then spotted another 145 shark female. Parked the sharks, and went off to tame the 145, after knocking it out, I notice another shark swimming in, It is a 145 as well! Holy crap what luck. So I kite it a bit away, and finally knock that one out too. Now I have 4 level 145s, 2 more low levels and a pair of basils. Finally I see a Mosa in the distance. But just as I started to get the group hidden away, it attacks and I have no choice to kill it. It was a level 90. With all the sharks it was actually very easy. More hunting and we kill an alpha shark. 

Finally I spot a Plesio...... I start tranqing and following the level 20, when I get attacked from a 135 Plesio! But as soon as I hit it with some arrows, it runs off, and I mean it just keeps going, so fast that I lose it.  Back to the level 20 and again I get attacked by the 135. once again it runs off right away. Come back and fight you coward! As I regroup and start looking for the level 20 a third time, I notice some tentacles sticking out of the other side of a large rock. I run away like a Hyenadon, and grab the entire dino navy. We go on the hunt and kill the squid! At  this point I realize it is getting late on a Sunday, and I guide everyone home and call it a night.

It was a good weekend with my dino army basically doubling in 2 days. I'm concerned about the lack of Quetz and Tapejaras, so tonight I think is destroywilddinos time.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1

Sunday we hatched a lvl 20 fire, lvl 55 ice and 95 lightning wyvren, the only 1 worth a darn is the lightning, but the other 2 will be lvled in stam and weight and be long distance haulers due to being so much faster then quetz.

We have been working on base organization. Thanks to the new s+ transfer tool we moved everything from on bottom floor to our 2nd floor crafting/storage/cooking room, including the 17k weight in eggs we had. Now our 1st floor just has a trough and incubator and all kinds of room for breeding. I also got around to putting up lights around our pen so I can ditch all of the torches. I also expanded the size of our roof to make room for wyvren and quetz parking. The room is now 26x16 vs 20x10 for the rest of the base, not a huge change, but more then enough room for several wyvrens now

Today we finished organizing and went on another egg hunt and came home with a lvl 150 fire and 165 lightning :D I may hatch them tonight as i still have 7 or 8 milk left

• Like 1

Last night I took Screamer my melee Argy out for more exploring and leveling up. Near the middle of the lower third of Ragnarok, (not far from the invisible wall) I came upon a Level 15 Poison Wyvern. Screamer easily took him out. Then a Level 20 Fire appeared, and we took him out too. At that point I noticed a Yellow beacon with gold ring, so we went over to collect the booty. Upon returning to the air we were immediately attacked by another Poison Wyvern, and as we battled it Screamer is suddenly engulfed in flames. Now it is 2 on 1, as Screamer battles a Fire and Poison wyvern. We are taking some damage, and finally we kill the Poison... he was level 80! Time to focus on the remaining Fire dragon. Twice I had to duck into the cliff rocks to force feed Screamer some meat to heal, as he was taking a lot of damage. But after a few long and tense minutes, the screen flashes " Your Argentavis has killed a Fire Wyvern level 180 !! "180" Holy Cow, I didn't even know they could get that high. No wonder it was such a battle. We then flew around collecting the talons from the corpses and also healing up Screamer who was down to his last 25% of health. We then flew around for a bit in the area looking for wyvern nests, but no such luck. I guess the nests are only in the "Scar" areas?

We began flying straight home, and as we were flying over the snow area in the middle of the map, I suddenly heard the heartbeat of incoming death, and I realized my character was down to 100 points of health! Quickly we detoured to warmer climate and I attempted to heal as best I could without any cooked meat with me. Eventually we made it home, but once again we did not see a single Quetz or tapejara!  WTH?  Where can I find a Quetz on Rag?

Got back to base, went from Dino to Dino using up their accrued levels, and making sure all the feed bins were full.  Then I took out Maxine Rex and Golden Eagle my two "Mule" Argies and we went on a Metal and Obsidian run.  While collecting some metal, I was attacked by a couple of Dilos, level 85 and level 140.  I managed to knock both out, tame them up and now I have a couple of gatekeepers to protect the base from Pegos.

I built a couple more forges and loaded them up with the metal.

Then off to bed I went.

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Where can I find a Quetz on Rag? 

Our rag is swarming with quetz, not sure if its a side effect of classic flyers or just good luck, but i have 3 that spawn around my base regularly.

And you find normal wyvren eggs just in the scars. Ice eggs are random in murder snow.

I've noticed wyvrens flying farther away from the scars lately, maybe because Ive been stealing eggs, I may have to put some plant x or turrets up to defend againt them incase a stray one gets near our base

• Like 1

Well I'm at work rn so nothing today. But last night I spent my last few hours trying to gather the stuff to make rockets/launchers to get a golem. Read a few post from mouths ago that rpg no longer ko golems so I hope that's not the case..  

Also as for your cave runs I strongly suggest getting a nice level terror bird. They have extremely small use in the game but for cave runs.. omg I'll never go back to wolf or saber. That's where they really shine imo.

• Thanks 1