So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Anyhoos, tamed up the 140 Mosa. Dragged her into my cave with Da Boss, then hopped onto Deuce the Bary whilst the big fella tanked and got her down with no issues. I named her Tiffany, cos she's blue, and Mosa swim at depth, so she's a Deep Blue Something (there's one for the kids) 

While I was waiting for her to starve I made a start on my lakeside waterwheel crafting complex for processing stuff from the Dunk. I'm not to happy with it atm but part of that might be that I've made the floor plan too big, so I may rip it up and start again tomorrow. It's only going to be a temporary thing until I can gather the stuff for an underwater complex (Black Pearls mainly) but I want it to be purty still.

With the Mosa in the bag I'm pretty much sorted for Aquatic tames now. I may still get a 150 Shark if I come across one but tbh I'd probably never use it, and honestly with my castle built, building an underwater base just because I never have before, only a handful of tames that can be significantly improved upon and no more 'must haves' except for maybe an otter or two, I'm pretty much turning my wheels now waiting for Aberration to come out, so I'll probably not play so much for a few weeks and hammer out some mod work as long as the dev kit behaves itself.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Congrats on the otter. I still havent found one on my rag server. Hopefully I do when I take my bronto house out exploring this weekend.

Yes, I was ecstatic after logging on and finding him sitting there last night. I will be attempting some breeding this weekend as we have 3 now - none overly high lvl but just hoping for a few colour changes - an Albino one would be lovely.

As for last night, I logged on after a long and tiring day so didnt have the motivation to do much. I went out on my bird and collected a few gold drops but wasnt getting anything overly nice. I then saw a blue drop with a gold ring that had been sitting near the base for a while so I thought I'd get it before logging off - wasnt expecting much and got some MC Ghillie Gloves and a Apprentice Fur Chest piece. This gave me a little motivation so I popped in the local cave (Artifact of the Cunning) and opened two containers - only got a journeyman sickle and a Journeyman Phioma Saddle. 

I then decided to massacre every living thing on my bear as I returned to base - feeling quite satisfied that my bear continues to cheer me up.

I then dropped off my food into troughs, items in the containers - made sure everything was locked up, and logged off for the night. Nothing too amazing :(

This wasn't today, but yesterday. I was leveling up some Yutyrannuses with my friends (one of which was in the redwood forest) and I came back to my base to make sure nothing got hurt while I was gone, and I notice a light blue unclaimed dodo waddling around. I got really confused, since I play on a non-dedicated server with three friends and no other people, and I claimed it, and went into my breeding building where I had been breeding dodos in a pen for the past few days. Inside, there were probably 50 unclaimed dodos wandering around inside of the building. I'd say 20 or so were in a 1x1 foundation where I had dodos breed. I tried to smack one with a sword, and then all of the unclaimed dodos went insane and started killing all of my beautiful mutated dodos. Three dodos got killed, (I was particularly sad about one of them because she was the re-incarnation of a baby dodo I hatched previously then it died instantly) and by that point I had either slit the dodos' throats or bit them to death with my Yutyrannus. 

A while after that, I brought roughly half our mutated dodos to our taming pen and started sacrificing them to a Troodon. During the hour it took for the troodon to kill most of the dodos, I started breeding my four microraptors so I could have an army of them and destroy everything. (They took a Theri down in less than 5 seconds) After I fulfilled my murder quota, I headed back to base and went to check on my dodos and found a dodo with 77 mutations! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeardO said:

I finished the gamma ascension cave and beat the overseer....and now I think it's time to uninstall lol

Congratulations. I never seem to fininsh a server, always distract myself by starting a new server and I end up progressing to about the 3rd cave and we start something else... one day I will get there :)

4 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Congratulations. I never seem to fininsh a server, always distract myself by starting a new server and I end up progressing to about the 3rd cave and we start something else... one day I will get there :)

I set up the server I'm on now with finishing the cave in mind.  Wouldn't have happened without the upgrade station mod.  3 of us on level 330ish rexes with 200 armor saddles, 3 dire wolfs over 300 and assult rifles with 755% damage lol  Took over 4500 rounds and we lost all but one rex.  I think one of my mates had a 600% compound bow too and used over a 100 arrows when she ran out of bullets.  It was ridiculous.  On a vanilla server, you'd need at least a tribe of 10.

Edited by BeardO

Started out the day building 4 autoturrets for our bronto base and about 2400 rounds for wild wyvren defense. A little over kill since a dozen or so rounds will take out a wyvren but they will also help our allos take out any alpha rex we encounter.

Bred our color morphed allo last night, got twins, but both were the wrong color. Trying again tonight, if they are the wrong color again they will be culled unless they have an hp or stam mutation

Edited by Jabnlab

Pretty good 4 days of Arking.

part1;

Saturday evening; Did some upkeep on Legacy and tamed a 135 Daedon. Went back out and after some searching found a 125 to tame as well. I fell down the cliff i was standing on to tranq it so ended up having to pike it to escape. I then jumped to the new server to continue our growth there. Tribemate took out the 145 Megalodon he had tamed during the day and I took out the Baryonyx. Got some level's on both as we explored the ocean, harvested silica pearls, killed two Alpha Megalodon's (the Bary stun attack is amazing), and harvested some Basil's for oil. I have to up the Bary's speed but it is becoming one of my favorite ocean animal's (until i run into some jellies I am sure then i'll be clamoring for a Basil again).

Sunday morning I went back on legacy to hunt for another Daedon and after an hour of searching and killing I came across a 145. That thing was a chore to bring down. I'd tranq it and use a Wyvern as a tank but it would start to run right into stuff that wanted to kill it. I'd have to pull my focus to protector and then track it down again. By that time it'd be mostly ok and I'd have to start tranquing again. Finally after about 45 minutes of chasing it I managed to drop it right after it healed itself making for a fast tame. I watched a little football but only the 1 game then decided to hatch the new Rex eggs and the Yuty eggs. Hatched 5 rex and kept 3 (Red Female 15.1k 537 melee, regular color male 15.1k 537 melee, regular color male 14.7k 537 melee)and i hatched 4 Yuty's and kept them all. got a health mutation (normally 6.8k, 7.6k on one) and a stamina mutation (normally 1554 was 1634) so that was exciting. Those are the two area's I focus on. I never checked if they were a breeding pair though, lol. Will have to do that tonight. During the baby portion I just stayed in area and worked on making some items. I am very attentive during raising. My tribemates were on the new server but we were in same chat. They mostly have given up on legacy outside a bit of maintenance but I am a bit more stubborn. I am fully prepared to hop server's, buy land with some trade items, and build a small base housing our key dino's (A Quetz, our Rex's, Yuty's, Daedon's, Thyla's, Wolves, an Anky, two Giga's, and our higher weight Thorny, in the event of a "re-purposing'. I already have building materials grinded and as long as I get a week, all those ings/pearls/poly/CP will be turned into AC's, Saddles, and whatever else I need to raise and complete the bosses. After I got the Yuty's to juvenile, I jumped to the new server's and went out with my tribemates to do some taming. My tribemate had gotten a 150 direbear while I was on legacy and it was a beast. I jump;ed on the 125 Argy they had tamed about a week ago and we went hunting. We came across a 135 F rex. I kited her to a cliff edge and was tranquing her when oops she found a way up. I got bit like twice and whistled for my bird to follow me as I got off the edge. My tribemate came in and pulled a little tank duty and I jumped on the Argy and regrouped. he then provided the distraction and I repositioned myself and we started unleashing a barrage of darts at her. She finally dropped and we immediately jumped in to see her stats. 7k HP which is nice and 210 melee. Nice find indeed. I flew back to the base and grabbed the lower Rex they had tamed as well as made what scorpion kibble we had. For the next hour we ran around harvesting prime and ended up getting her to tame out at 185. We're pretty happy with that. We tamed a few more female scorpions and a low level f anky (berry tame) and then I jumped back to the other server for some imprints and to refill troughs before logging for the night. 

...To Be Continued

• Thanks 1

Last night was one of those evenings where I wasn’t planning on much – but oh how that changed when the wife at the moment said ’I’m actually off out tonight’.

I still wasn’t overly motivated to do much since my tribe mates are still AFK after Irma but this is what I ended up doing…

We have moved up to the cliff base now, most dinos are sitting on the ground floor and flyers are for now on tier two – tier 3 has yet to be unveiled. I was getting rather frustrated with the storage in the base even with 14 Large storage shelves (how can they only contain 45 items!!).

So, as everyone had just dropped items here there and everywhere – my OCD had got to a point where I myself was having colour mutations. 2hrs! That is what it took for me to sort all Saddle BP’s, Armour BP’s, Building BP’s, All crafted items and Resources (like Crystal, Stone, Metal, Wood etc).

Now, I am used to prim+ and my first thought was safes as these are fairly small, and don’t take up too much space. I smash out 3 new safes and go to place one – Oh, my! These things don’t fit particularly in situ with anything – hideous! But for 150 storage, I take the pain and place 3 in a row against the back wall. At least most things are now easily accessible… don’t get me wrong, there are still another 9 storage cupboards to replace but these can be placed on tier 2 – out of the way J

During this time, 2 tribe mates had logged on and started raising the new born rex and bear – they were on a 24hr mission to try and imprint to a decent lvl – this isn’t even 2x taming but they wanted to – crazy I know!

I did  venture out for a few gold drops and 1 cave run but nothing decent had dropped but all in all, I do feel better about our storage situation. Tonight will be similar I feel but possibly I will harvest more resources.

Oh, and the Otters… I checked our 3 Otters and was thinking that I could start my breeding programme – but they are all female L Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

On 9/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, Kraken said:

Got two already thanks.

Bragger! :P

I only have 1, but I do put in 40+ hours at it each week, plus it is a 71 miles commute each way. But I am lucky that I don't have kids (other than the furry kind) that I have to care for. Thus giving me the ability to devote most of my free time to the game if I desire.

• Like 1

part 2;

Monday: On Legacy while raising babies I conducted a few in server trades. I have stated before my focus is all boss fight and ascension right now. I have been offering up BP's, Kibble/Egg, all non essential Dino's for Saddles, Ings, Pelt, Hide, Kibble/Eggs we need to complete this mission at a reduced cost. Most of the cross server has been words only but in server has been alright. I moved a mutated Quetz for some ings, talked about another and that guy is currently grinding, offered up a Squid, Unicorn,Galli's, Dime's, Frogs, Carno's but no takers right now. Bleak on legacy trading right now. It's fine, i still grind myself and cleared obsidian mountain 3 times before jumping to the new server's. On the new server's my tribemate had kited a 135 Sabertooth into a taming trap we had so I jumped over there and helped put it down as he had to go to work. I harvested prime made one Bronto kibble and it tamed out to 160 which isn't bad. Average stats across the board though. 

I went back to legacy after that tame conducted another Quetzal trade and start consolidating from our snow base to make for easier upkeep. I am leaving an Argy there as I like just gliding through the snow biome. It's very peaceful. I ran into one of our friends on the server who had dropped a 145 male Rhino. He loves breeding anything and everything for mutations. He's mutated Sheep (100% blue), dodo's, jerboa's, even moschops. Lol. I told him to come by the base then and I'd give him the 145 female rhino we had tamed a bit ago as a gift(261 at the time). Guy has helped us a lot as we have him. He also picked up a few dime eggs for his Giga imprint. I didn't charge him so the guy gifted me amazing stuff. ASC Scuba Tank BP, ASC Flipper BP (I have already but awesome anyway) but the kicker was an ASC Yuty Saddle BP. 90 armor. I have an ASC Yuty Saddle BP I had bought off of him already with 89 armor but the 90 armor took less materials so I took to the facebook trade pages to see if I could trade the 89 and 71 armor saddle I have. I got some hits but no deals yet. 

I jumped back to the new server and grabbed a bird to go search out a male Rex and explore a little. I found an area I hadn't been before and a 130 M Rex there. I started to hit it with tranq arrows and found a great cliff edge to perch on. All was fine until a few terror birds jumped down from above me. My buddy joined the chat and I told him what I was doing so he brought the bear again. After a little back and forth we dropped the Rex. I flew back to the base grabbed the female Rex and made 11 scorpion kibble (2x was done though) and spent the next hour and half harvesting prime. We actually kited a wyvern to our base and let our plant species destroy it then harvested it with the Rex. 35 prime but we miscalculated how fast he would eat the Scorpion kibble and so most of it went to waste. Looking back we probably should have done the prime meat first (gives less food) stimmed him and then did the kibble.

He was completely average point distribution across the board but we now have a nice breeding pair to start our new boss line. We decided after this tame to go and find a bee to tame. We made some cactus broth and some bug repellant and some health brews. I jumped on the saber and he jumped on the bear and we went on an adventure. while out we decided to also scope for some salt but came up empty in that endeavor. We tend not to use resource/spawn maps as we like the adventure of finding stuff. We finally found some hives and I loaded up the flowers, cactus broth, cooked meat, health brew and bug repellant and he smashed the hive with the bear. I followed the bee for a while taming but it eventually went to these snow mountains and up the cliff wall. I climbed as high as I could but we eventually lost her. Once I got back down from the cliff it was dark and I ran right into a troodon. lol. Luckily my buddy was there and even though I had a nap it was short with the stims. We found another hive but had to sadly kill a 140 F Rex before we could attempt to tame it. But after looking at dododex, we found prime meat works better then flowers so I grabbed a piece and we tried again. The timing was great but again the bee headed right for the snow mountain and we lost her. We made our way back to the saber and found yet another hive much further from any mountains. I was down to 1 health brew and 3 repellants but we again smashed and I started following. I got hammered a few times, lost her briefly in some trees, but after about 30 minutes we had our bee. Success!

We took the hive back to base and then went back out to search for the salt mines. Found a couple cool areas but no salt. highlight of the last trip out was went through a pass and ran right into a 150 Alpha Raptor. I booked on the saber and was getting hit hard and guided my buddy to me on the bear. That bears a champ as he positioned himself and took down the raptor. That outing took the saber from a 160 too a 198. I got some more imprints on legacy and logged. 

...Too be continued

• Like 1

Last night I began my focus on the ocean. I tamed up 5 Sharks and a low level Basil. I also managed to die while taming the last shark. This was at the end of the night, and I had returned to base, after spending over an hour with the 4-shark, 1-Basil squad killing everything we ran across. (of course I purposely avoided the Mosas and Plesios) but we did take out a couple Alpha Sharks. Anywho, as I was putting all my new water dinos as close to my shore base as possible (I haven't built a water pen yet) I just happened to see a 90+ level shark swim by. Since that was a higher level than the previous 4 sharks, I decided to tame it as well.  So I swim out and tranq it from a small rock outcrop, that was far away enough to not agro my other water dinos on the beach. I then swim to the shark to stuff it with prime meat.  I turn around and ZAP, a whole heard of Cnardia (7 at least) shock the living Dilo out of me, and I end up dying to a level 115.  Well, my shore base was close by, so I re-spawn, grab my water dinos and swim over to collect my body and inventory. However my body was NO WHERE to be found. It is so frustrating to die in the water, as I never seem able to locate my body.

So I lost all of the loot from the previous hour of collecting. (I had made the mistake of transferring all the good loot from my dinos to my survivor at the beach before I tamed that last dino.  So goodbye MC & Asc level tools and weapons (Pick, hatchet, Crossbow, Sword, Rifle and Pike were all in my tool bar) Plus about 150 Tranq arrows. :Jerbcry:

Not my smartest or finest moment in ARK.  Tonight I hope to build a water pen, and then go look for some of the big boys in the ocean.

Hatched another allo egg last night hoping for the blue belly mutation again, and we got it on a green body, not as nice looking as the red...but Ill take it. Sadly it was another female so we have to keep trying for a male so we can guarentee the mutation. We plan on hatching two more allo eggs tonight so fingers crossed atleast one is a male with the mutation. 

We realized today our dino pen is getting a little too crowded with all of the rexs we've hatched the last few weeks as well as allos now. So our next minor project is a remote rex pen to house most of our rexes. There's a nice valley just out of rendering of my base that I can wall off either end with bgates and keep them there, only keeping a few at base to lvl and for eggs. I have 24 rex now and theres should be room in the valley for atleast 50, if not 75 if I park them right.

We've put rex breeding on the back burner untill we can tame a 140+ male with good hp to mix in with all good melee/decent stam females we have. Hopefully we find one soon, Id love to start doing bosses within the next couple of months. I also still need to tame and breed a decent yutty and find a good rex saddle bp

First I played for about 3 hours on single player to fine tune my route for gaining Wyvern eggs from the Scar on Rag.  Took a bit but I think I've got it.  Then jumped on my official server for about an  hour and mustered together the materials to make an ascendant pteri saddle for maximum protection against wild Wyvern.  Tonight I make my first live run into the Scar, wish me luck!

• Like 1

Just now, Melcreif said:

First I played for about 3 hours on single player to fine tune my route for gaining Wyvern eggs from the Scar on Rag.  Took a bit but I think I've got it.  Then jumped on my official server for about an  hour and mustered together the materials to make an ascendant pteri saddle for maximum protection against wild Wyvern.  Tonight I make my first live run into the Scar, wish me luck!

Good luck, I've never tried without the classic flyers mod and a 220+ speed argent.

3 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Good luck, I've never tried without the classic flyers mod and a 220+ speed argent.

Yeah try it in single player, it's great!  It's actually the first time I've ever taken the time to try a theory in single player first!  It got to the point where it was pretty easy.  Just fly in the small hole facing the beach and then move through there making sure there aren't any Wyvern.  You can even land a few times first to make sure you have plenty of stamina.  Once a Wyvern actually spotted me I'd fly back the way I came and then there's a little rock formation down on the beach with a small hole you can climb into where the Wyvern can't reach. It's about perfect :-)

• Like 1

Had a long day of work, and was pretty tired last night, so I didn't do much on ARK.  Spawned in at my Beach base, and loaded up my Argy with as many valuable resources as I could. Then I flew off for my main base at the top of the mountain in the Redwoods (Island Map). Just as I entered the area by the swamp next to the Redwoods, I spotted a Level 44 Baryonyx. Not too high level, but I have never seen one higher than 72 in all my time playing so I figured WTH, let's tame it.  So I land my Argy "Painkiller" on a large rock next to a cliff.

I then proceed to throw some tranq arrows at my quarry. Well, as expected, he changes direction, and comes right at me. So I continue to hit him with darts. At this point, my beloved Argy decided he needed to stretch his wings. Shoving me off the rock in the meantime! Oh hello Mr. pissed off Baryonyx, WHAM (gold dazed screen), wait for my controls to work again, and try to grab my Asc pike. but oops, wrong button combination and instead I bring up my long rifle, which I manage to get one shot off, before the Baryonyx stuns me again, and then Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm dead. (For you Metal Gear Solid fans, imagine the "snake, Snake, SNAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" sound effect)

So I spawn back at my beach base. Luckily, I still had a Ptera there, but wait. no saddle, and all of my resources to build one are on my Argy back by my body.

So naked and afraid, I begun running as fast as I can towards the location of my death. I was like a prehistoric decathelete!  Jumping over rocks, sprinting pass Dilo, and hoping that I make it before the corpse timer runs out. 

FInally I can see the corpse beacon, and as I approach, I can clearly see the Baryonyx standing over my dead body, and beating the crap out of my Argy set on passive. Well my spyglass was on my body, and since my Argies are set to Ignore group whistle, I can't get him to pick me up, or defend himself. That's when I remember I had left a raft not far from that location. I grab the raft, run it right into the Baryonyx, and quickly jump onto my Argy. I then kited the Bary away from my body, and retrieved my possessions with less than a minute left on the time!

I then finally tamed up the Baryonyx, had him follow me back to the beach base. Made a saddle for him, and flew back to my mountain base. 

I had planned on calling it a night, but as I neared my base, I saw a level 108 Female Anky all bloody but alive walking around. Well I already have 3 other Ankys, but none of my females were over 100 pre-tame, so I grab my Quetz, and fly back to grab the Anky. As luck would have it, she had disappeared. I then spent the next 10 minutes looking for her, and fighting off the wild Argies who kept attacking us. 

I finally found the high level female, and scooped her up. Flew her over to my Taming pen, and dropped her off. Knowing she was bloody, I decided to give her some time to heal up so I didn't kill her by accident. So I took a few minutes to capture and tame a few Dimorphs to replace the one killed by the Cnardia the day before. I get those back to the base, build a Anky saddle, and fly back to my taming pen. 4-5 shots latter the female is out, and I stuff her full of Mejos. I then flew back to base to do some work while she is taming.

Upon my return to the taming base, the Anky is no where to be found at first. then I realize she had glitched thru the floor, and was trapped in the pillars below. So I spent a few minutes removing the floor panels, and tried to get her out. But no luck, she was glitched into the Pillars.  At this point I decided, since the game glitched her thru the floor, and into this situation, I was going to Admin command her way out. So I ghosted her out of there. And brought her home.  Made a batch of gas for the generator, and called it a night.

This weekend I will begin searching for and taming Plesios and Mosas in the sea. Also, I will be taking out the 5 member Frog Squad, to go to Chitin Cave and get a ton of Cementing Paste.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

Sounds like an adventure, lol. Just an fyi, you can pick up bayonyx with argents

We didnt do to much. Hatched another pair of allo eggs, got the blue belly morph on both, but both were fricken females again. We have 3 to hatch tonight, if a male doesnt geylt a morph im just going to give up.

This morning we just took a few allos out for fun and to clear some dinos out in hopes that a good rex or allo spawned..but no luck. Allos a quickly becoming my favorite dino though, a small group of 3 or 4 100% imprinted with 2 riders is a force, lol. Vaporized an alpha raptor is a few seconds.

Tomorrow were are going to move our rexes to a remote pen, spend a few hrs trying to find/tame a plesio or mosa, then go on our bronto exploration trip...should be a fun day and i hope to finally find an otter while out on the bronto

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

Hello, Building quetzal trap since they fly low over the Ragnarok mountains. Had some problems so I did go to single player to get it first time right online. But now I can not return, server is full. So it must be tomorrows task to get a quetzal without using a flyer on Ragnarok. :)

Regards,

Ariana

42 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello, Building quetzal trap since they fly low over the Ragnarok mountains. Had some problems so I did go to single player to get it first time right online. But now I can not return, server is full. So it must be tomorrows task to get a quetzal without using a flyer on Ragnarok. :)

Regards,

Ariana

Very impressive task. I can't imagine trying to tame a Quetz without a Tapejara or another Quetz. Kudos to you.