So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Spent a couple of hours this avro taking the new Basil out for a bit of levelling. He came out with 17k health and 330% odd damage which is nice, lets me focus on speed and stamina. On my travels I found a 150 Male Squid. I have to have him, so tonight after work I'm going to go out and tame up some sacrificial turtles and hit the caves hard looking for some decent scuba gear, and depending how it goes, I might try for the 150, and the 145 female I saw yesterday.

Had a busy morning. Started by moving all our water dinos to their new pen. Then on the way back to the main base I saw a lvl 140 male allo nearby, so we tamed that. 

Then we wanted to try to tame some anglers, so we setup a taming pen underwater, but could not find a single angler, but there was a low lvl squid nearby. We have never encountered a squid, so i figure, lets try to kill it (my wife and I were on a pair of 100% imprinted sharks). So we fight it, it gets bloody fairly quick, inks us and dies before it gets away. We thought, that was too easy, lol. 

We head back to the taming pen, and saw another squid, a 135, under a shelf. Time for round 2. This 1 didnt die so quick. It grabs me, we attack it. Lets go of me, grabs my wife. After what seems like ages it inks us and runs off. I notice a glow nearby so i tell my wife to not chase it untill the ink clears. Ink clears and 10 jellies are right in the path of the squid...phew. We skirt around the jellies and give chase. Catch up, get a few more bites in and get inked again.

So we give chase again, and end up in a fight with the squid, a mosa, and a few sharks. Squid goes down just as he inks again. We keep chomping in pitch black and eventually kill the rest. What a rush, lol. Best fight I've had in this game (haven't done bosses or pvp). The wife gets the killing blow, her shark gains 13 lvls and mine 7.

I was glad we got a 62 armor and 60 armor saddle for each of our sharks last night, they were only down about 3k hp each after the brawl.

We head home after slaying the Kraken. As we get into viking bay there was a 90 Basilo with very few rays around it so since we had tons of fresh prime on us, I decide to tame it. The wife was on ray duty and I did the taming and before long she was ours. 

It was getting dark so we park the sharks and head back to our main base, and saw another 140 allo nearby, this 1 a female. So I grab some shadow steak so I could see, carefully kill off her pack and kite her to our taming pen and tame her too.

To finish the morning we hatched 10 rex eggs and got 12 babies. I shut our server down for about an hr now to do real life things, but plan on raising them for the rest of the day. Its only 5 hrs on our settings, but imprinting is every 40-45 minutes. Hopefully I can get 100% imprint on all. Biggest pain will be walking them, lol

• Like 1

So after work last night I did indeed hop on and go and grab a couple of Turtles. I had just enough Ptera eggs to grab two 115's, but after a very quick search I found a lvl 100 and a lvl 130 male and female pair, so they did very nicely. Then I did a quick Ice Dungeon run hoping for some nice scuba gear, and I got an Ascendant Mask which was nice, I'd have preferred a tank but beggers can't be choosers. Also got a nice pair of Ascendant Ghillie Gloves, plus a few decent JM and MC saddles.

Today then, I had a couple of hours between jobs, so it was straight home, straight onto the server, made up some turtle saddles, a couple of spare scuba tanks, and grabbed a few hundred black pearls. A quick scout on the Basil and the big boy was precisely where I had left him, so popped down a Teleporter and went back and brought in the two new Turtles, plus Viktor and Maude, my veteran Turtle pair from way back starting on the Viking Bay beach.

I've never actually legit tamed a Squid before, so wasn't really sure what to expect, whether any turtles would survive, how long it was going to take or anything. Turns out it's pretty easy, just tedious. Hanging around in the water is one of my least favourite things in the game. At least when taming on land you can use a pen and leave things to it while you go off and do other things, no can do underwater. Still, that aside, I tamed him up with the loss of only one Turtle, the lvl 100, and only because after the first feeding I realised that she was the only one of my little entourage who wasn't on Passive, so after the Squid let her go she started attacking it, and let's just say it didn't end well for her.

Once he tamed up though, I was jubilant, teleported the Turtles back to base, got the Squid to follow me and the Basil into that nice big safe cave that I found, then rushed back to base to make a saddle for him...

And realised that I can't.

Squid saddle is Level 91, I'm only 86. Damn it! I'm either going to have to run the Ice Dungeon ad nauseum, in the hopes of finding one, spawn one in, or suck it up and do the levelling before I can ride the big boy. Very annoying, but there it is.

• Like 1

Tamed an angler last night, killed a 45 while trying to knock it out but was somehow successful with a lvl 20, lol. Best tame yet, found a pearl cave in viking bay and came out with over 10k pearls. 

We also did a bunch of hatching, 12 rexes, 2 allos and a quetz, all but the quetz got 100% imprinting. We didn't get a single mutation though but 1 allo had almost 500% melee after imprinting and its parents were freshly tamed 140s yesterday

Other then that we didnt do too much else. Had server up to 2x xp and gathering for the weekend for my brothers since they are new to the server so we loaded up on wood, thatch and stone. We tamed a couple of oviraptors, megalania (i got rabies in the process, lol) and kentos

I set up a new breeding facility on the beach beside the Blue Obelisk on Ragnarok.  It should be self sustaining, and will soon populate that rather peaceful beach front property with a healthy population of fully color mutated "unclaimed" Jerboa and Pachys.  There was already a healthy "breeding in the wild" population of almost fully color mutated Parasaurs living there... spares generated while creating several strains of fully color mated Parasaurs for another habitat.  Even unfinished they were just too pretty to kill off.

The main floor is devoted to the breeding pens, with fencing designed to keep the adults in (and breeding) while still allowing the young to freely leave the facility to start their new "unclaimed" lives.  The second floor is raised on pillars above the first, and is a split level design with plenty of light entering through the large glass walls contained in eco's stable decor mod (used for the bulk of the facility).  There is also a dock out back with a motorized raft for coastal excursions.

This facility may be only temporary, as since there are so few predators in that area (and the temperature is right for unassisted hatching throughout the mid-day hours) it won't take much to get self sustaining "unclaimed" populations of everything I end up introducing.  The Parasaurs have already had 6 or 7 successful wild births in the last couple of weeks.  The only question right now though is... what to introduce next?

Thought of a way around my Tuso saddle conundrum without having to resort to spawning one in. When I shut down my old Island server to start afresh on Ragnarok I uploaded my lvl 95 character, so I simply downloaded him, spawned in the highlands, quick tamed a Ptera, raided a beaver dam, did a quick bit of grinding and made one up and left it in a box for myself to collect xD

That done I took the Tuso out for a spin. What a beast! And blimey don't they level quick, in half an hour or so I'd got 40 odd levels on him, up to 40k health, doing nigh on 300 damage with each tentacle slap, killed 2 Alpha Megs, and an Alpha Leeds (Captains Hat! Hooray!) Annoyingly only found one Mosa, and a handful of Plesis, all low level, and no squids apart from the massive overspawn in the Squid pit from hell. When I did eventually find another Squid, it was a 145 Alpha, which I didn't realise until I'd already engaged it. Holy poop! The damn thing slapped me for over 20k health in less than a minute! I just about got away with only 6k remaining. Straight back base I went with my tail firmly between my legs. I'm going to try and kill it later on tonight after fully healing the big guy up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a side note before I mention what I did yesterday and so far today, I wanted to say I really enjoy reading everyone's comments and I hope to see more.

Yesterday, I managed to get a lot of breeding done of wolves and gigantopithecus, and managed to do the broodmother with a mixture of wolves, gigantopithecuses, rexes, and yutys twice on beta and once on alpha. I also started to get ready to breed aquatic dinos. I really hope we get an underwater boss that we could fight with like megaladons and tusos etc.

Today, the plan is to breed more dinos, grind some ammo, and enjoy myself. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2017 at 8:07 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

I maximize my time on my short days but will have the next 4 days off, so some serious Arking will commence (with exception of Sunday cause football).

Between spending time in a treestand in the woods on Saturdays, and watching the NFL games and following my fantasy football team on Sundays, I don't think I will be doing much ARK during the weekends for the next 4 months.  I had my fantasy football draft on Saturday (our 24th year of the league - we started it in 1994 as a way to stay in touch after college), so I spent the day prepping for and then traveling to the FFL draft. The draft and party after ran until 1am.

As the Commish, I was up by 6 am Sunday morning  to enter everyone's rosters onto the league website. Then I drove an hour and  picked up my FFL buddy from LA who flies in every year for the draft and we drove a few hours to watch the games with another one of my buddies.  So I haven't played ARK since Friday evening. Not sure I've ever gone that long without playing since I bought the game in Feb/March this year!

However, when I did play last on Friday I did manage to find the two lost Argies that had just disappeared last week. I was amazed at how far from the spot of their disappearance both of them were. I also found and tame a 120 male Argy for my breeding stock. I have my settings at 5, and I haven't seen any Argies higher than 120 on my Island map. (On the Center I've tamed some 140+ birds)

I spent the majority of Friday night taming 5 frogs, including a mate pair of 140's that were the absolute first and 4th frogs I even tried to tame on this map! The other two are a 72 and 40. I then spent the rest of the evening leading the parade of frogs around the swamp near the Redwoods trying to get Cementing paste and leveling up the frogs. Somehow managed to accidently kill two different 118 frogs that we ran across. But other than that it was pretty uneventful.

Prior to heading out to tame the frogs, I had gone on a pearl farming adventure in the Northwest near the blue OB. I took just my best Tapejara "Spino Scare" (see previous entries for her taming story) and was farming up quite a bit. Well apparently while I was under water, a trio of Allos either spawned in, or ambled over from ARK knows where. But I pop up for air, and I am nearly face to face with a level 70 something flaming Allo and it's two best friends. I quickly dove down, and swam as fast and deep as I could. I got to my Tapejara and flew home. I then jumped on my best Anky and got him loaded with metal, and then filled up the forges. Then I headed off to tame up the frogs ....

Edited by Aushegun

So I didn't kill the Squid. I needed to check some mod related spawn issues so spawned myself in an S+ Tek Transmitter (thank you Orionsun, such a useful tool) since the Getallstate command doesn't seem to be working for me. After clarifying a few things decided I needed to do a dinowipe, so bye bye Squidward. Happily though it fixed the issues I was having which is more important. Also after conferring with the few people who play on my server I decided to install the Tek Helper mod. I want to build an underwater base, and one of the guys was saying that he wants to build a Tek base and play around with Tek Armour, and none of us want to bother messing around with Bosses.

That done, I popped up onto the Glacier to get a yellow drop, and found a 150 Direbear. Sweet! Killed his friends and got him to follow me down and into the taming pen, down he went and stuffed full of honey. He's a grey, so I named him Grey Worm and I think he'll probably be my last Direbear to join Cersei, Jaime, Bronn, Brienne, and Missandei xD After I returned to base a shadow passed over me, looked up and it was a Quetz, a 145 female. Not keen on Quetzes if truth be told, but hey, not got one and wanted to see if I could take it down from Griffin back. I could ? Granted I was helped immensely by it getting stuck on trees almost straight away, so I managed to get a lot of easy darts into it before a pesky piggy came along and made me break one of the trees to get rid of it. Got her down finally on a plateau with only herbivores around, although not taking any chances I knocked up some walls and babysat whilst having tea at the same time until I was happy that she was safe and I could leave her tame up by herself.

After that I went back into the water on Da Boss. It was the water spawns I'd been having issues with, and I knew that they were definitely resolved when I ran into a 135 Liopleurodon from my own Better Dinos mod. First one I've seen on Ragnarok and a high enough level to be worth taming. Now you really don't want to be trying to take one of these on by swimming as they have a grab attack, and I haven't got a water mount that I can shoot off the back of that they can't grab, so instead I took him back to my water cave and let the gentle embrace of Da Boss put him to sleep. Took bloody ages! Had to change scuba tanks twice, but off to sleep he went eventually and up he tamed. Once he did, I popped a saddle on him, headed out of the cave and immediately did a quick 180! There was a 140 Mosa right there! Checked my supplies though and I don't have enough narcos or arrows, and at two hours on Mutton I don't want to tame him today as I want an early night, so instead took the mammoth out for a quick berry gathering sesh, collected the Quetz, got the narcos crating up and called it a night. He won't be going anywhere with a bit of luck and I'll get him added to the crew tomorrow.

• Like 1

Set out this morning to find a male iguanadon to boost our female's egg production so we can get enough kibble to tame some picks. Found one pretty quick, picked it up, and on the way back spotted a 130 thezio. So i quickily dropped the iguanadon in one of our taming pens for my wife to tame and I went back for the thezio and we tamed it too.

We also started building a mobile base on our bronto. We plan on having a no flyer weekend and going exploring on the bronto with a pack of imprinted allos as defense. The bronto has 20khp so it should be good, but i want the allos to be there for alphas. While exploring I plan on picking up stuff from our usual farming points, well as much as I have room for on our bronto. It should be fun. I've talked about doing it for a few years but now im actually going to do it.

And to finish off the night we plan on hatching 2 allo, 2 carno and a turtle egg. 

• Like 1

On 11/09/2017 at 7:41 AM, ranger1presents said:

what to introduce next?

Otters!! Colour mutated Otters! 

This leads nicely on what did I get up to on ARK today...

I had for three days attempted to get me an Otter - my tribe mate had one and I was 'honestly' jealous. 

So I logged in last night and there before my eyes was a 125 Otter with my player char name on it!! I love my tribe mates.

ALl in all, we had a good weekend with the 2x event. Our PVE server Official on Center has so far been fairly friendly, no real slagging matches so to speak but possibly not as nice as our legacy server was - it may just need some time for the real players to stand out.

We now have 4 bases up and running. Our cliff base has started really well, mid jungles east coast and its got the fabricator, power gen, air con and industrial cooker etc. We have our starter pen down by the river but most of that is now just resource dinos as we moved everything up to what will be the main area on the cliff. I then last night (along with my new otter friend - called Tails) noticed a rather large pen (only two walls high currently) just round from the cliff where there is an open section between all the trees - I am guessing its going to be a place for Rex's, Spino's and Allo's but I could be wrong as I thought that was going to be down by the river front. We have also built an outpost in between the swamps and the snow biome so we can tame some different dinos without too much interference.

There were a number of tames over the weekend, and with 6 of working tirelessly, we pretty much had all the resource gathering dinos we needed, and enough pairings of dinos for egg laying that we wanted i.e Stego's for Argies, and Scorpions for Rex's. 

Due to Hurricane Irma, Ive not spoken to the tribe leader for 17hrs now but Im fairly sure he will be ok - it will be nice to work out what the big pen is for... hopfeully find out tonight if he gets back online.

Now my priority is to breed some Otters - they are the cutest thing since the ickle Rex I bred last month on my legacy server. 

• Like 1

Official Legacy Servers. A friend invited me over to the center map to go taming. I was so used to the island and how rare it was to find 150s. There are literally tons of high level dinos on that server. So I still have a base on the island, but I think I will be taming there from now on. The best part was we tamed a mammoth, a whooly rhino and a pair of wolves. all of these had over 50+ and 60+ points in melee after tame. Unheard of on the island.

If only the transfer cooldown wasn't there... oh well time to get with the times.

Edited by ArkCreation

3 hours ago, Anarki said:

Otters!! Colour mutated Otters! 

This leads nicely on what did I get up to on ARK today...

I had for three days attempted to get me an Otter - my tribe mate had one and I was 'honestly' jealous. 

So I logged in last night and there before my eyes was a 125 Otter with my player char name on it!! I love my tribe mates.

Congrats on the otter. I still havent found one on my rag server. Hopefully I do when I take my bronto house out exploring this weekend.

Got our bronto house 90% complete today, it has pretty much everything needed to be a mobile base, fridge, generator, smithy, fabricator, industrial grill, 5 refineries, mortar and pestal, fireplace, beds, lights, storage, meat spoiler and 10 water tanks on the roof. Only thing left are 4 or 5 auto turrets and plant species x on the roof for wyvren defense and its good to go. By the weekend I should have a good pack of imprinted allos for defense. I've named it the "hippie van", lol. I plan on packing 6 or 8 s+ BGates to build a fence around it if I need to log off before i get back home.

Speaking of allos, we also got our 1st color mutation ever https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJLcbFfABKWDOuo&cid=AD7A060FCE372DC3&id=AD7A060FCE372DC3!18734&parId=AD7A060FCE372DC3!15711&o=OneUp it also has almost 500% melee after imprint. Now we just need to find one with good hp to start breeding our allo army

• Like 2

I'm setting up for ascension fairly soon on a private server with some buddies and I'm trying to get 100+ rexes fully imprinted so we can crank through it. I've got 14 now, 6 with 97-100% imprint. 

Today/last night I continued my fertilized Rex egg collection, fished up a few good saddle blueprints, and grabbed the last mate pairs of kibble-egg dinos. I'm now at 22 fertilized eggs now. I'll be adding another 9 tonight, 11 tomorrow night, 7 Thursday, and most likely another 20 on Friday night. Saturday I'll have 69 rex eggs at minimum that I'll be hatching. The rates are obviously modified. Rexes fully mature in ~9 hours and I can get between 97-100% imprinting. We've got tribe imprinting on, so Saturday's going to be an imprint and saddle party...50+ ascendant rex saddles.

Later today I'll be gating off the rocky area at 80/30 on The Island map for a Rex farm because I ran out of room. Busy busy busy.