So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Just started on my first unofficial server, Ragnarok PvP, but started a little later than I originally planned, this particular server had a 7 day grace period before PvP was turned on and I joined 8 hours before that time, so alot of last night was spend grinding 3 small stone FOBs with 3 forges a bed 2 pestle and a smithy in each, grinding out 1k bullets for each one and getting everything I need ready for when I unlock metal building parts and generators, getting crops planted, some fert going by picking up poop from wild dinos and taming a few dodos ready to start taming pteras.  

First impressions of the map are positive though, I have one FOB by the eastern entrance to the Scar just before Scotland (it'll be destroyed very soon I imagine but it's a good place to collect chitin and level fast killing scorps and titanboas), one in jungle 1 by the man made bridge just off a small metal spawn and a 3rd In the middle of Scotland

Today I'll grind out some more bullets for all 3, and build further fobs at the SW spawn and one in Viking Bay, and I'll upgrade all 5 to metal as I've now hit 45, hoping to hit 60 so I can make generators and place turrets in each

Oh, everyone on server has Wyverns grifins and a few have gigas already and PvP is now active so I'll be at a logistical disadvantage for a small while whilst everyone enjoys raiding every base in sight for fun, so I'm very much gonna be living small until I hit around Lvl 90 and have enough mats and knowledge of the map to throw up a decent sized base and start taming proper fighting tames, one of my bases has already been partially hit (guy on fire Wyv broke in and killed my tribe mate, stole our ingots bullets and killed a horse that my tribe mate tamed)  so I'm already compiling a list of people who will feel my wrath at some point, may go over to the mentioned tribes base later woth a few hundred rounds of rifle ammo and test his defences out later today too

I logged into my legacy prim server that iv played on sense ark was maybe three months old. Demolished all of my containers (letting the contents rot in baggies on the floor), whistled all of my land dinos to one corner of my base and proceeded to gas them with my poison wyvern "Morgana", two hundred corpses later of rexes, spinos, beavers, doeds, anks, thorny dragons (many of which were color mutations and combo breeds such as a black and white oreo breed and a crimson back black breed), carnos, bat(1) spider (1), jerbs, compys, pteras, argents, oviraptor(1), sheep, baryonyx(1), theri (1) a bronto  and a hand full of other mish mosh dinos. Then I broke open the floor of my base (as it was built on top of my sea pen) herded all of my aquatics (Mostly plesios, eels, basils sharks and such  gassed them too. Then flew over and uploaded the wvyern to a drop, sam back home and got my remaining aquatics, twelve high level tusos (half of which were bred, one with color mutation a blue 'crown' top) EVENTUALLY got them to behave and took them all around the map in one final tour looking for a aquatic drop, they were actually pretty neat looking all swimming together looked like a scene from the Matrix with the squiggly robots. Eventually found one, uploaded all twelve, uploaded myself to another server and instead of picking a spawn point I exited the game.

• Confused 1

Well, I decided that my SE based was now a legacy server so after my 1 night of enjoying the challenge, I've not been back since. I have also not been on my Prim+ server which is slightly disheartening too as that is now legacy.

I have since started a new official (standard ARK) PvE server with three new tribemates so its no longer just Paint and I. 

I know its boring but we have again started on the Center and have pillared off the same spot we had on our Prim+ base. We like our cliff base and have decided to go again :)

Weve now 5 Pteras all 145/150s and also a pair of Raptors for the easy cave nearby. At first we built on the shore, steadied up our base whilst just putting the foundations around the cliff ready to build. Within a few days, we have our fabricator built, most of us are lvl 60 and are now looking at designs and ideas for pens.

Its been busy but I think for the next few days I will probably have a little time out and come back at the weekend hoping for an event to help progress.

• Like 1

While bringing back a megaloceros to tame on new rag servers. A 175 lightning wyvern came out of the ocean and vaporized my deer. While I gave up and flew back to base on a near dead argy a tribe member got killed by a wyvern that flew out of a stone cave floor. Wyverns just poppin out of the map in every direction. Beware the ghost wyverns of ragnarok

• Sad 1

Finally finished my 3rd floor and I think Im going to go for a 4th, keep larger flyers in one and smaller in the other. 

2 big plans for this weekend, 1st finish our water pen in viking bay, then I also plan on building a deepsea taming pen in hopes of taming some anglers for farming pearls so we can start building our elevator. And if a mosa happens to be in the area we will probably tame it too.

While doing some ocean exploring yesterday I found a cave loaded with crystal. I'm going to try and get an anky down there and a few beds and fast travel and farm a few times a day then pick it all up on weekends. Ill level a shark in weight to use untill I get a mosa and use the shark to bring it to the surface and transfer it to a quetz. I wonder how much oxygen/stam an anky needs to get to the bottom of the ocean

• Like 1

Managed to kite and tame three Level 100+ female Argies last night. One is being leveled up as a fighter, and the other 2 as heavy weight mules. Sadly I could not find a male over 100, so I will continue with that search tonight so I can begin breeding.

After randomly seeing a Quetz near the Green OB each day since Friday, I decided that I would tame a Tapejara last night, and go tame the Quetz (I happened to have 12 shocking darts thanks to my brush with some Cnardia while on the beach.) Well After only 5 minutes of looking , I found a Tapejara...super low level, but I figured what the heck. Boa, Tranq and tame.

As I am flying it back to the base, I see another beautiful pink/orange Tapejara Level 120! So I watched it from a distance as it flew around the area. Finally it landed, and I snuck up, bola, and tranq'd it. While waiting for it to starve a bit, I heart a noise from behind me. SPINO!!!! I get on my Ptera, and quickly kite the Spino away. I then returned to the Sleeping Tapejara, and built a protection ring of wood spikes around it. I also then snuck around the area killing all dilos or other potential threats that I could handle on foot. I even kited a Therazino away, which was scary as heck, but I used a rock and a small cliff to lose it. I then settled in for long wait of protecting the Tapejara while it tamed up. Finally he was at 99% tamed, I was so excited, then I heard it... the Spino was back, and he brought a friend (Alpha Raptor 8) with him! Nooooooooooo!  I quickly took the first Tapejara (low level) and began kiting/attacking the spino and Alpha.  I knew I was dealing with fire, as this low level Tapejara had barely been leveled up, and with Health and Stamina well below 750, I had to pay attention to those levels. I also knew there was no way I could kill them, so I had to do enough to buy some time for the Tapejara to finish taming. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the high Level Tapejara wake up, and I quickly flew over it and my Ptera whistling All Follow and ALL Passive. They got in the air literally as the Spino and Raptor attached thru the spike walls. each taking some damage, but they got free and we flew off to safety.

As I closed in on the mountain base I notice two Scorpions stuck in a crease in the mountain, just meters from my base. I get the Ptera and Tapejaras all settled in safe at the base, and took an Argy over to investigate. Both were under level 50, but my Argy has spoiled meat in his belly, so I quickly KO'd the Scorpions and shoved in the bad meat. Knowing they were stuck in a crevice, I left them to tame up.

Back at the base, did some grinding, to build greenhouse/crop plots/compost bins, and got that started with 4 Narco plots and then one for each Veggie.

As it was well past my bedtime, I started to finish for the night. But then I thought... Those scorpions were awfully close to the base, and only got stopped by the crevice. I think I need a defense, and I don't want to leave all my animals on Neutral. Sooooooooo off I flew to find some Species X seeds.  I had only ever found the seeds once before when I first started 6 months ago, and that was by accident. So I searched the swamp high and low. Finally I had to rest my Ptera, so I landed on a rock. Sitting there for just a few seconds, and BAM Titanboa bit me. "I'm sick of these raptoring snakes on this mother-raptoring map!" Grabbed my sword, fought the snake, and put my Ptera on Neutral before I passed out at its feet. I can hear fighting, and my Ptera kills two Dilos while I'm out. I wake up, look for my Ptera who is no longer next to me, and as I run around a rock, there is the Plant Species X ! I start to harvest it, but instead get some plants nearby with berries. Then BAM another raptoring snake! I use my sword to kill the snake, and quickly chomp on a few stimberries, that I had just gotten when trying to get the Species X seeds. Move back to the Plant, harvest the X seeds, find my Ptera and take off just as a Kapro and another snake are closing in on us.

Fly back to the base, make up saddles for all the new tames, and call it a night.

I still need to get those Scorpions back to base ( I forgot to check to see if they finished taming) and need to get me some Ankys and Doeds. Would also love a Mega-sloth, but all I can find are under level 20s.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

Ended up taking an anky to the underwater cave and almost didnt make it, ankys dive extremly slow, lol Looks like theres about 1k worth of crystal down there after about 10 minutes of farming (official rates) and 0 danger, i figure im going to fast travel and hit it once or twice a day then spend an hour on weekends extracting it. Ill use a shark to bring it to the surface (till I get a mosa) and transfer it to a quetz. It may be above crush depth, ill have to test it another day, if so i may be able to get a whale there to extract which carries twice what my shark does

For those interested, cave is roughly at 13x23 offshore of the blue oblisk

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Thanks 1

Spent last night grinding out an expansion "Flight Deck/Landing Pad" for my flyers on the Redwoods mountain base. I was able to do that as I tamed up 3 Ankys and 2 Doeds. It was a bit nerve wracking as I had 3 tames going at once, and the other two together. I got Level 100+ & 70+ Anky, that were very close to my base and traveling together. The 100+ I got 99%, but the 70+ was over 90% tamed, when a pack of Sabrecats came flying down the mountain on top of us. So she ended up at 45%.  Later I got a 100+ Doed and just a mid 40's male.  As I was taming them, I saw a level 92 male, and tried to tame him, but the Alpha Carno and Alpha raptor returned from earlier in the week, and kill the Doed and me. Luckily I happened to have my high health Argy with, and I was able to respawn, fly another Argy over and rescue the one before it got killed by the Alpha Carno. I then flew back to the base, grabbed my "Warrior" Argy, and went back to kick some prehistoric butt. Took out the Alpha Carno, and two Alpha Raptors. Thankfully, they were all low level, and spread out, so I only had to fight one at a time. 

Later I realized I was low on Cem Paste, and since I don't have a Sloth or Frogs yet, I didn't want to take on the Chitin Cave just yet. So I started flying around looking for Beaver dams to raid. I was lucky and found 4 different dams all close together, and while raiding the last one, I hear my Argy shriek, and when I come out of the water, he is no where to be found. I mean NOWHERE. This is the second time in a week this has happened to me, and BOTH times the Argy was all loaded up with resources and taming supplies.  My argies are always on Neutral or Passive. (Never Aggressive), so I am not sure what happened to them. And both times it happened while I was underwater and the bird was landed on a rock or shore near me. Is this some new bug? I've never had this happen before.

So because all of my ammo had been transferred to my now vanished Argy, all I had was a my melee weapon to defend myself during my long run back to base. I avoided every confrontation I could, and by some miracle made it back to the base.

I then decided it was time to do something safer, so I grabbed my two Argy "Mules" and headed over to the volcano to farm Crystal and Obsidian. Filled them up, flew back to the base, and called it a night.

Tonight I am going to build some transponder nodes to attache to all my flyers, so I can find them next time they vanish. (BTW, I checked the tribe log, and no Kill messages for either missing Argy)

I also need to tame up some water dinos, so I can farm for BioToxin to make shocking darts. They seem to help when Quetz taming. Plus I've seen a 116 Rex not far from my base I wouldn't mind getting.  I sure wish there was a land source of BioToxin. Like from scorpions, even if in much smaller quantity.

While flying around this week, I noticed that my Island map has 4, yes 4 Gigas all spawned at the same time! I've never seen more than 1 at a time before, and most of the time there are no Gigas.  So I really have to be careful when near the mountains.

Tamed a pair of Megalosarus today, lvl 85 and lvl 95 before tame, mostly for kibble so we can get some thezios, but I think they will be fun to play around with at night once we can make nightvision goggles. I was surprised how strong they were for being such a low lvl. I look forward to eventually taming a pair of 150s.

We are planning for a rex hatching spree this weekend, we should have about 12 eggs to hatch on Saturday. Then we just need to level them, find a good yutty and a good saddle bps then I think we may be ready to give our 1st boss run a shot

• Like 1

Got our water pen about 75% finished today, finished enough to move all the dinos over. I just need to put a "dock" and roof on it as well as fabricator for fixing scuba tanks, storage, and a generator for a fridge and lights. Our current pen will become a shark taming pen.

Plans for tomorrow are taming a pair of anglers, and maybe a mosa and after that we are going to try to find a pair of spinos to tame (good luck on rag, lol)

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

Started playing a bit again on our private server, preparing for ascension so we can enjoy Aberration a 100% from a lore point of view later on. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to wait a bit, because one of my friends and tribemate, is coming down with something. :(

I did do an SE run though and read through all the explorer notes and found this in one of the caves:
vkkqhaU.jpg

I've also tamed high level basils (my friend won't join us in the underwater caves otherwise - she's terrified of being in the ocean) and also got two baby rexes with our best hp and melee (compared to what I've seen in on this forum, it's not that impressive xD ). I've also started trying to get my favourite colours into the better breeding line. The ones I had before, were all from when max level was 120. Now, I'm drowning in rexes...

I got these guys with an hp mutation:
EcZfu9K.jpg
They look kind of funky.

I'm also considering building a proper waterpen for my tames, but I don't know if I should start such a project right now.

• Like 1

Last night on new server helped to tame a level 50 saber, then we kited two allo's (55 and 85) into our area and dropped them. My tribe mate spent the next 4 hours meat taming them but he'll breed them and start raising them today. Jumped back over to legacy server to imprint before bed. 

Woke up this morning, got another imprint on the Rex's in before work. Messaged my legacy tribe mate and told him he may be able to get one more imprint in before the Rex's were done (were at 96.4%). Went home at lunch and he had indeed got an imprint in, so 86 percent (would have been 90 percent but that 2 hour rollback happened after a lunch imprint the previous day). Not to bad for working 12 hour shifts. Only females so bred them at lunch with two separate males. The females have 15.18k 537 hatch melee (the 86 percent got them over 17k and 624% melee before levels.) the males have 14.7k 447 melee. I'll keep any babies that pop with the 537 melee. These will be our Dragon/Tek Cave Rex's. Come on for one male. 

Now I just have to hope I can pop, raise, and level enough Rex's before the next round of re-purposing. 95 percent sure my server is going to be on that list. I am prepared to move (if they give me at least a weeks notice) to another legacy and I will be bringing some nice trade items along to purchase some land to build on if need be. I will ride the legacy until we complete the end game or it no longer exists. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187

Pretty much finished the important outfitting of the castle. Storage rooms, kitchen, workshop and armoury are done, and anything else is pretty much fluff, so decided to start a concerted assault on the oceans.

I already have a couple of Baryonx's, the best being a 140 prime fish tamed female, she's not the greatest Bary in the world but good enough for a bit of light scouting. My first foray and I discovered a 145 Squid! Wishful thinking at this point, I have neither a good enough tanker or enough black pearls, but she appears to just be chilling in one spot, so maybe at another time. I then found a 145 Plesi. That would have been perfect, except for the 4(!) Plesi friends he had with him. They quickly took my Bary down to half health before I could get high enough in the water to shake them, no way I can possibly at this point take the hangers on out and tank the one I want so I had to sadly leave him behind. A bit further exploration and I found a lvl 100 Dunky, all alone apart from a few distant jelly and a couple of Anglers. Now I've never actually tamed a Dunky before, and with the wealth of underwater metal on Rag I figured this might be a nice alternative to dragging an Anky down to the metal cave and back again (as easy as that is using Awesome Teleporters) at the very least it would be a change a scenery for metal runs. My word they're tedious to take down! So many much arrows, and he hits hard so had to pause and heal up the Bary a couple of times, but down he went. Whipped back to base to grab Mutton and on my return some Anglers had respawned in the area, including a nice blue 145 one. Down he went and quick back to base to mak up some kibbles. With those two tamed, I'll never ever be short of Pearls! The big Dunk is slow as molasses, but makes mincemeat out of the Euryps in Viking Bay, and of course the Angler got me more regular Silica Pearls in one trip then I'll probably ever need. As for the metal harvesting, Dunk gets shed loads of it, but getting it back to base is a hell of a chore, so I think what I'm going to do is sequester a small inland lake as water dino storage as I can just TP them there, and I'll set up a little refining outpost next to it. I've found one that's nice and pretty with a waterfall and some flat shelves where I think I'll build a nice little water mill/windmill with a forge and whatnot.

Next up was a 140 Basil. Now I'd spotted this guy a few days ago when I was taking my speed frog out on a bit of a joyride, so on the Bary I headed to where I thought he was close to Blue Obi and couldn't see him anywhere. I headed up the coast towards the volcano, saw a few lvl 60 Basils and a few lvl 20's but no 140. Tp'd back to Blue Obi and headed the other way towards the swamp, still no sign of him, but being close to the swamp things went a bit wrong. As I had my spyglass out to check the level of a distant Bary, another one that I hadn't spotted came up from underneath me and dismounted me, and then I got shredded by Piranhas. Crap. Jumped on Malvern my speed frog and hopped down the cliff to try and recover the situation, just had time to whistle neutral for the Bary when a Kapro grabbed me off of Malvern, and I again got shredded by Piranha! On to tanky frog this time, again hopped down the cliff and keeping my distance this time I could only watch and hope as my Bary and Malvern took on two Barys, a Kapro, a school of Piranha and a Sarco. Luckily they prevailed, just about. Malvern was down to double digit health, my Bary in the low hundreds. Thank goodness for their JM saddles! Back onto dry land to take stock, I tp'd the Frogs back home, and then I was finally able to scope out that distant Baryonx in some peace, and it's a 145 male! I Tp back home and grab my Argent, it only a short trip from my base to the swamp, and after a bit of waiting the Bary comes close enough to the surface to grab him and carry him back to base. After mating my Pachyrhinos I have just enough eggs for the kibble, and some Prime fish still on my Bary from an earlier Leeds kill, so finally I can have a good Bary. Well, goodish. Only 16 pre tame levels into health which sucks, but he tames up with a melee and stamina that pisses all over my other two Bary's.

Once more unto the breach on the new Bary who I've dubbed Deuce to do a bit of levelling, and almost straight away I find that bloody 140 Basil! pretty much exactly where I thought it was near to Blue Obi. Lawks knows how I missed it first time around! Lots of baddies around to clear out though, so at least a few decent early levels to give him a much needed early XP boost. These regrettably included a 150 Shark, who I would have loved to have if he wasn't in the middle of a scrum of about 8 Sharks, a dozen Mantas pulled from the Basil, and some dozy Ichthys. Back to base, more mutton, and 20 minutes later I have a super Basil to take on all of the things that the oceans can throw at me.

• Like 3

Got home and was like 2x, lets go clear obsidian mountain. Someone had just been there but as per usual they are afraid to go too far down the mountain so I went down and cleared the metal, obsidian, and crystal at the base of the mountain. My Anky's beastly enough (570 melee) and has a good enough saddle (98 armor) that not too many things make me avoid that area. Maybe a pack of Allo's that has two 100+ in it. Nothing bothered me so in two trips I cleared about 1400 metal, 700 crystal, and 800 obsidian. Not a bad haul. 

Traded a couple snails and some CP for some ings on my server and then decided after reading about various breeding techniques all day to go and tame a fresh Rex. Grabbed my battle Argy (PVE mind you, stands at 5k hp, 2300 stam, 2000 weight, and 500 percent melee with a 99 armor saddle) and made some scorp kibble and headed out to carno island. The big base that was blocking those spawns was gone. 

Landed on the high rock and immediately seen 6 rex's demolishing some argy's. My tribemate joined the new server meanwhile and was walking me through his plan to build a taming cage and asking where to put it. I scoped the Rex's and found a 140 female amongst the group. I began darting her (243 dmg ASC Longneck but just used normal darts since I haven't harvested bio toxin in awhile). She started to flee so I dropped a couple of the other Rex's to clear the area and ate them. I hit a few of the other's and they took off. 

She lodged herself against some rocks on the side island with the ruins so I flew down hopped off the Argy and began darting her while constantly checking to make sure the other Rex's didn't come back. 

An Alpha raptor made a surprise visit so I took to the Argy and battled with it (level 75) weary as I somehow lost a 259 Golem to a 125 Alpha raptor the other day. An 8k hp/350 melee Golem. The health was dropping like I was fighting a Titan. Very weird. Anyway, I dispatched of the 75 Alpha raptor and proceeded to finish knocking out the Rex. Checked stats, 30 points in HP so that's good, Food and Stam both had green numbers too. Weak melee but I am going to breed her with a 449 base melee Rex (until I get a male from the 537 females) so just want to see if I can get a HP mutation I guess. 

Meanwhile my tribe mate on the other server finished the trap and had led a level 45 Rex into it. I threw 100 narcs into the Rex, flew to a small building on the other small island someone had set up, threw down a sleeping bag, disrobed everything into the Argy besides the kibble and parked it high, then logged out and loaded into the new server. Our other tribe mate logged in at the same time. 

We put down the Rex then went on a prime meat run with the Allo's and the saber we tamed the day before. Only a 45 but I checked the Rex's stats anyway. Same things were highlighted green as on the other server. HP, Stam, and Food. Weak melee. We'll build that up. I jumped back over to the other server, geared back up and went back to the 140 Rex. Cleared a bunch of Argy's, sabers, and scorpions that had spawned in, and put the Scorp kibble in. Easy tame (I really need to get and use Ark smart breeding. I wish it had a phone app form) and a drop just happened to be there so I loaded her up in there and flew back to Green ob to pull her out. 

I get back to Green ob and notice a Titan stuck underneath. So I have my tribemate pop over and grab the Giga. I pull the new Rex out and grab one of our Boss Rex's that need some levels and we proceed to down the Titan. I got 6 levels on my Boss Rex so he stands at 45k hp/761 melee right now, got 3 splash levels on the new Rex which I decided to throw all into HP bringing her up to 14k. 

I walked her over to our breeding base at Draco Cove got her like 3 more levels getting her to 300 melee and then it was time for me to get some sleep. 

Woke up this morning and went to breed the new Rex...I'm dumb. Uploading and downloading gave her a cooldown timer. Looks like I'll have to breed her after work. 

Loaded into our Scorch server since I am certain it will be shutdown and proceeded to migrate some more of the dino's to our island server. Walked a Giga to a drop then walked back to base and grabbed a Wyvern and loaded that up. Decided I didn't want to walk back to base so I ate some flowers and hopped into the middle of some raptor's. Logged out of scorch (separate character) and loaded into the island. Took out the Wyvern and Giga. Parked them in the base below green ob and then logged off until after work tonight. 

I maximize my time on my short days but will have the next 4 days off, so some serious Arking will commence (with exception of Sunday cause football).

• Like 1