So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

34 minutes ago, Handmadejamie99 said:

Well today I found out that over a years worth of hard work is going to disappear after the 29th because all but six primitive pve servers are being deleted and it's an active server

Sorry to hear that. I think my PrimitivePlus13 PVE NA server survived the cull which is good as we have only just rebuilt from where we had a break of a month and lost everything. To be honest though, I have really enjoyed starting again, you might too, so it might be worth giving it a go on a new server :)

Good luck.

As for daily stories... I have none to tell from yesterday as I thought I'd give my dino's a day off ;)

Attempted to break open some bee nests and tame a queen bee - failed many times, mainly destroying the queen in the nest (RPGs are too powerful for a bee nest!!), almost losing my Argentivis to minion bee damage whilst breaking the nest or losing sight of the Queen after breaking one out.

Last night I decided was the night to get one.  I loaded up my Quetz with walls, ceilings a door and some ladders and headed up to the waterfall cliff side to build  a trap around a nest I knew had bees in it.  A simple box with a wall covering the top half of the nest and a vantage point above where I could lay down fire using my shotgun to destroy the nest.  Being above the nest slightly and having a wall blocking the top of the nest the minion bees got stuck behind it when attempting to fly to me.  I destroyed the nest and left the trap for the queen and minions to calm down.

Upon my return a couple minutes later I applied bug spray, donned my ghillie and entered the trap, flowers in hand.  No aggro, easy tame.

On my way back I spot a 108 male Therizino - we have 2 girls but need a boy to start the breeding programme so I grab him with my quetz and drop him into a taming pen where I knock him out and load up Dododex.  2x tame timer, 16 megalosaurus kibble, 1 hour 15 minutes!  The first low level Theri I got using crops on standard timers taking over 3 hours!!

Bee nest laid in base, Theri tamed  I decide to have a fly around to see what wild animals are out there for my next mission and spot a 108 girl Thylacoleo.  Its hanging on one of the trees in redwoods and I'm on my quetz so decided I might as well grab it now.  I swoop down towards it but before I get to pick it from the tree it launchest itself at me, taking me from the back of my Quetz to the ground, stunning me before the kill.  The hunter becomes the hunted!

Quickly re-spawn, grab a Pteranodon and go retrieve my Quetz before logging for the evening.

Tonights mission is to find the 108 tree kitty again only this time with a protection box built around me on my Quetz.

Im just give up, in the morning I unclaimed some dinos, and at night the rest of them.

My SE will be wipe, so im just giving all my stuff to the people that want to continue in legacy official servers.

Im going to unoficial servers just to play random days and quit the game slowly.

Big moments in ark by the way.

Thanks for the good moments, and the 2k hours of fun. 

For the 5th night in a row, I searched the SE map looking for a high level (100+) Anky MALE to go with my two 100+ ladies.  My map is set at 5 difficulty, and I performed another DestroyWildDinos. Still no males over 70 something. I did find 2 more females over 100, but let them stay wild.

I finally found a male Thorny Dragon over 100, and after a few mishaps finally got him hauled home to meet up with his new girlfriend at my breeding base. However that is when I discovered a problem,  My female "Meso Thorny" dragon was no where to be found. Hmmm perplexing, as I play single player, and the base is surrounded by dino and behemoth gates.(I cannot make fence foundations snap together without gaps, so I only use gates now. I searched everywhere. If fact, I got on Red Devil, my red mutated Argy, and started to fly around the area. 

Then I saw her ...... floating in the air about 3 behemoth gates high up in the air!  :Jerbmad:    I mean she was WAAAAY up there.  I have no clue how this happened, as none of the other dinos in the same pen were affected. Finally after spyglassing and whistle follow, she fell back to earth. WEIRD HUH?

I also discovered that Ovis actually spawn on SE!  I had just assumed that they were not available on SE, since I had never seen them before. So I scooped him up, and brought him to the breeding base.  Then I realized that they changed the recipe for Sweet cakes, and I went out looking for Beehives.  Well apparently those do not spawn on SE, as I spent hours looking for one.  Looks like tonight, I will have to travel to the Island and raid my captive hives for honey.  What a pain in the Dilo!

ALSO, I posed this question in another thread about a week ago.  For you PS4 players ... have you noticed a ton more color variations spawning in on wild dinos over the last 2-3 weeks?  For the first 3-4 months the wild dinos were so dull and drab, but over the last couple weeks, I am seeing a lot more fun coloration spawning in.

Edited by Aushegun

Last night I captured the 108 tree kitty for my tribe mate and also got a 120 Paracer.  My tribe mate got to breeding our Theriz and got a base 199 to start us off.  We woke up this morning to find the server rolled back over 2 hours and we have no new Theriz or Paracer this morning... guess what we'll be doing AGAIN tonight?

Edited by MirageUK
Therizino doesn't come in a sandwich. (Breaded)

I don't remember wich one of you guys on this forum told me to use 'nomansky' (and nothing else ) in the lauch options, but THANK YOU!! I could actually load the Ragnarok map and... I can fly!! I mean... I can fly long distances!! Before this I instantly crashed when flying. The last two weeks I've started a new single player game and I've done nothing more than flying around, amazed of the beautiful views and trying to decide where to build myself a home. It's like a whole new game to me, new land to explore and I am no longer limited to a small section of the map due to land travel. In case you missed the point: I'm having FUN :D

• Thanks 1

got all of the achievements on steam, except for the survivor of the center, which the game doesn't really want to give me even though I am doing what it asks. Logging on my soon to be Ragnarok Legacy server and deciding what to do with my stuff since I will be joining the new servers. 

Pondered how I will miss this base on viking's bay. How my gf will not have time to play with me anymore. Where should I build my base now?

Questions questions...

Happy Friday everyone!

Edited by dslick

Finally hit 74 so we could make rex saddles, so the wife and I took our rexes out for a quick meat and hide run. Then we gathered wood, stone, metal and crystal. 

Now we are raising a mammoth. Ended up with a 210 female. Currently at 85% mature with 95% imprinting, there may be just enough time for 1 more imprint, but I doubt it. Considering shes going to be used for gathering, 95% is pretty darn good.

Tomorrows plan is to do a lot of taming and a little bit of working on the 3rd floor of our base expansion.

If I have time tomorrow, i may hatch the 7 or 8 rex eggs I've been stock piling. Eventually I want to give the bosses a shot. Been playing this game almost 1k hrs and have never fought a boss

Edited by Jabnlab

Hubs and I finished a build we've been working on- we're pretty proud of it! It was an endeavor, but the Rex's and Wyvern's are going to be happy campers :)

Introducing our Quad Dodecagon Rex and Wyvern-topia with Courtyard for littler guys....It runs on solar power and is fully electric with lighting throughout at night.

quaddodecagon.jpg

Edited by Jenessa
  • Like 3

Thaly's chilling in courtyard after carting around parts and pieces. We used them since they can climb the walls and jump roofs. They came in very handy, this thing is huge. Each hallway has glass roof, but it's set up to look like a pergola with open roofing and they all have large tall picture windows to get a good view of the beautiful Ragnarok view and long walkways along them for us (but wide enough for Rex's to walk down them all for transporting them around to all 4).

The roofs are all open and can be used for Argent's, Griffon's, Pterandon's (they can fly in and out of them), Wyvern's can walk along both roofs.

thalyschilling.jpg

Edited by Jenessa
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jenessa said:

Hubs and I finished a build we've been working on- we're pretty proud of it! It was an endeavor, but the Rex's and Wyvern's are going to be happy campers :)

Introducing our Quad Dodecagon Rex and Wyvern-topia with Courtyard for littler guys....

quaddodecagon.jpg

Very cool looking build! Congrats and job well done!

Spent some more time this weekend looking for Male Anklos over 100.  Never did find one, but did tame up a couple +100 Doedics. Built a "landing pad" for my flyers at my breeding base, and built small base in one of the small ponds. (SE) in the river bed. That base is now the site of my two industrial cookers and crop plots, bee hive, Dung beetle cages.  Protected by Adobe walls and Plant X.  

I probably won't be playing again until this weekend, due to the new update coming out tomorrow. Too big of a download file.

I needed a little break from my normal prim+ game so I installed SE, and started on an official server to see what all the fuss was about. My tribe mate had already made a start with a small base and a lvl 20 Kapro. 

I heard it was hard, logged in and the first thing I see were claws and my death - I hadnt even moved. I laughed, tried again and managed to survive possibly 3 minutes until I was chased by a Rex. I managed to get away only to be killed by a Vulture. My next two deaths were more a run and see event but then I finally found my tribe mate - he invited me to his tribe and we started the slow progress of exploration. We tamed a lvl 20 sabre, tried to investigate some mountains, got turned back by sabres and carnos. Then came the vulture issue - it killed me again and as my tribe mate attempted to save my sabre - the sabre died :(

I spawned in, spotted a 145 Raptor and got it tamed at 207 I think on just meat. She will be my forever faithful friend now - I go tamely around the mountain side running from most things I see but I did manage to get somce crystal and obsidian to start building some more important items. 

SE is so much harder, but a challenge I was possibly in need of.

I've been pretty silent since 8/8, that's mostly because of the mass amounts of progress we made. So here goes what happened in about 4 weeks. (there's a tl;dr at the bottom)

Last time, I told you we wanted to relocate. We did that and were busy at work day on day off.

I got home from my actual work one day and wanted to start on our breeding center. Though even the structures frame was green, I couldn't place them. There's a beacon drop within the perimeter of our chosen place. 

A real large and pretty flat area of around 20x20 rendered useless. There goes my plan on that building.

The best part with playing on officials is trading, be it on your own server or through any website. If I remember correctly, T has been the first to acquire something through trades - a black/and green Jerboa. Sounds not like much but ever since, I've been hot on heels to scoure the forums for something worthwhile. 

It's not that you get that for free, but it's interesting how much fun you can make out of crafting 400 Adobe walls or 30 Stone Behemoth gates, just make it a race to get half of done first. 

The next weekend she told me, that one of our former admins, on the player dedi server we used to play on, gave their base on SE up in favor to stay on the island. He offered everything including most gear, bps and dinos. 

We gave away our base, we build on 889, for free and claimed our new-ish-ly acquired base. Taking our precious trades with us and left the rest of 'em for the new owner. 

Onto more breeding and trading, just on a different server and with more backed up materials to use. Those 2x and 3x events are awesome for breeding and gathering. 

I don't remember the timeframe on the next paragraph, can't be more than a week I think. Anyways, I got home from work the other day. T had already sent me a message that read 'Hurry, I have a surprise for you!', well I had to take a shower and eat dinner first. Man, have I've been excited to see what the fuzz is about. 

Once ready, I joined and wanted to know what's going on. Both P and T held their mouthes shut, leaving me even more suffering. Finally T said 'Get to a drop or obelisk and upload yourself' I did that and 'Where do we go?' I asked. I joined the other server and waited for T to pick me up. She's been in the same tribe that we got the base on SE from, and invited me as well. We flew over to their base and she said 'Pick one dino, it's yours. But let me give you a tour first'

After touring through their homestead, I had to ask 'So why are we in their tribe now? And why is no one home? What's all that about?' And she said 'Well... this is all ours now, they decided to move off of legacy completely.' 

I was stunned, first we get a base with ~100 dinos for free and now another one with more than an additional 150?!

(tl;dr) Apparently we are 'proud' owner of two bases on two servers with more than 300 animals after just shy over four weeks on official servers. 

Edited by maze
forgot the tl;dr
  • Haha 1

Been working through some personal poop lately, and doing a lot of mindless grinding has helped, so much of my Ark time has been gather stone, gather metal, farm drops, walk around killing stuff, but finally put all that gathering to good use and got my very own fortress of solitude built. Quite happy with it, far to big for what I could possibly need, but there it is. Only got the Kitchen outfitted atm, need to move all of my storage and crafting benches inside and get some more rooms kitted out. Need a great hall and some lavish living quarters.

Other than that, chanced upon a beautiful almost pure silver grey 150 female Megalosaurus. I wasn't going to bother taming any Megalo's, but she is sooooo purty I couldn't resist.

B65EFC1876A80849FB94C7C198AB5ACB7BEDF49BA2BC5C895776FE25A2C8CF66C9C93874D3775344F86E27DC47B6415D1CE2AE3DB16E399950624CAED57F247A839FDA5A94725001EF9227CBFBCA213B

• Like 4

Its been a few weeks since I've updated. Still havent made much progress on our 3rd floor of our base expansion, we've been getting sidetracked with taming and other projects. Had to expand on our dino pen too. We did build an industrial forge and saddles for our quetz so we can start hauling an anky around for fast metal runs which should give more incentive to finish the 3rd floor

I ended up hatching 8 rex eggs, kept 6 and all were 100% imprinted. We are still looking for a 140+ with good hp before we do another round of breeding, all we seem to get are rexes with good melee and stam. We have started leveling a pair from that batch and managed to kill a lvl 135 Alpha rex that was way too close to our base.

Our biggest sidetrack is we have started taming some water dinos, we started with a pair of megladons, i think 135 and 145, bred them earlier this week, and are breeding them again as I write this. We also tamed a lvl 60 Basilo. Up untill yesterday we were limited on sea exploration due to no scuba gear, but my wife hit lvl 81 last night so we can now spend a lot of time underwater. 

Our makeshift water pen (4 bgates near some rocks) is getting cramped so we started an underwater pen in the middle of viking bay near the sunken ship. It will end up being 10x15x24 tall, and the walls will just stick just high enough out of the water so I can build a landing platform with a small shack to keep beds, food and scuba gear as well a generator and some lights that shine into the pen. Hopefully it will hold a good amount of sea creatures.

Edited by Jabnlab

Here in America, most of us had a 3-day weekend due to the Labor Day holiday.  I decided that I would try something new, and I created a new player and start on the Island from level 1. Thus began my ARK binge of playing nearly 9am to 11pm every day for three straight days.

I spawned in on a beach not far from the Red Ob. And I happened to be on the end of a long thin penisula. So since it was a safe place, and Dilos and one Raptor where the only threats in the area, I set up shop for Base #1. I quickly tamed up some Dodos and Dilos, and began grinding. building a small base and pen. Eventually I got really lucky and had two different Ptera land right in my pen, so I was able to easily bola and knock out. I did have to kite away a level 80 something Bronto, that seemed to enjoy walking all over my base.

By the end of day 2 I had a decent Trike and high level Parasaur to go along with my growing dodo/dilo army. I also tamed every one of those Lym dinos ( the little ones that give Buffs when you pet them) As day 2 ended, I was shocked to have a level 100+ Ptera land right next to me on the beach. I quickly knocked it out., and decided it was time to scout out a more center location on the map. I ended up flying "SurpriseSurprise" to the metal mountain in the Redwoods. I found a nice spot near the top, and started grinding away enough to build a taming pen to capture Argies. Once it was built enough, I took "SurpriseSurprise" out looking for an Argy. Found a 108 and a 116 mated pair, and figured this would be perfect. So swooped in to start kiting them to the pen. Suddenly BAM freaking Microraptor got me, I finally killed the low level Micro, but next thing I knew, a trio of Sabertooths shred me up. Well, as soon as spawn back in, I ran back to the location of my death to try and save my Ptera who was on Passive.  As I draw nearer, I realized I had walked into a death zone. Alpha Raptor plus a few other raptors to my left. And Alpha Carno to my right, and dead ahead was a level 76 and level 52 Trexs. (Let's not forget about the damn Sabers that started this whole thing.) Needless to say, I quickly died again.

Now I'm panicking, because the Ptera is still sitting near all those killer dinos. And I cannot spawn in to by bed on the mountain, because off the cooldown timer! Spawn back at Base 1 on the beach, and grab another Ptera, and race back to the Redwoods mountain. As I get to within sight of "SurpriseSurprise" I can clealy see she is taking damage. I flew over close enough to whistle her to follow, and as she starts to lift off the ground, she crumples to the floor dead. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Realizing that area is too toxic to get my body or her body inventory back, I fly back up to the top of the mountain and keep working on the base. 

Day 3 - I started the day with the #1 goal of having a couple Argies tamed by the end of the day. Right off the is a level 76 just meters away from my taming pen.  I actually kiting him into the pen while on foot! FINALLY I have an Argy. In between kiting and taming 2 more Argies,  I managed build up a respectable base. I also managed to fall down the mountain Twice. Once into the jaws of Raptor pack, and another time by those damn Sabertooths.  I spent the rest of the evening killing any threat in the area. (Well except the Alpha Raptor and Carno, which somehow disappeared from the area.)

Tonight will be grinding and taming resource dinos (Anklos, Doed, Phomia, etc.) I also hope to have leveled up enough to build my Argy saddles.  And maybe I will try again to tame a damn Hyena. I wasted so much time the last few days trying. Damn things keep freaking out. I'm wearing Ghille, and crouching as I approach from the rear.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.

• Like 1