So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

2 hours ago, iAmE said:

Undermesh means that the base, in this case, was built below the ground, in an area that isn't supposed to be playable. However, since there are probably about 50-60 holes in the mesh on the Center alone, or ways to get under the playable map area, people frequently, and commonly, have bases down there. 45-60x60x30 are the dimensions of the base in question, meaning 45-60 foundations long, by 60 foundations wide, by 30 walls high. 

Hmm interesting. Thanks for the education.  So that base you found was huge, so that is why you didn't want to mess with it. Guessing it is a big tribe that owns it and they would reek havoc upon you in retaliation?   I bet that would be frustrating to have huge tribes with hidden bases like that.

I started playing The Center shortly before the "Ascension" patch. Thus I haven't been back since, as a single player, trying to do everything to Ascend doesn't even seem fun. So I won't attempt it, at least not any time soon.   But I was already getting bothered with the map, as I was constantly clipping into rocks, ground, etc.  I was really disappointed that it didn't seem "finished"

Rarely seem to have that issue on the Island or Scorched.

Edited by Aushegun

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Hmm interesting. Thanks for the education.  So that base you found was huge, so that is why you didn't want to mess with it. Guessing it is a big tribe that owns it and they would reek havoc upon you in retaliation?   I bet that would be frustrating to have huge tribes with hidden bases like that.

I started playing The Center shortly before the "Ascension" patch. Thus I haven't been back since, as a single player, trying to do everything to Ascend doesn't even seem fun. So I won't attempt it, at least not any time soon.   But I was already getting bothered with the map, as I was constantly clipping into rocks, ground, etc.  I was really disappointed that it didn't seem "finished"

Rarely seem to have that issue on the Island or Scorched.

No. What they have doesn't bother me at all. It's just the futility of it. 

To give you a synopsis of what's happening on PvP servers, basically every tribe dupes, and 2/3rd the servers have bases built under the mesh. It's basically a cheating extravaganza, as there's essentially no rules there. No reason to raid that base because, even assuming I raid it, and level it, and they don't roll the server back (As in the tribe I raided), they'd just dupe it all back in about fifteen minutes.

When the loot in the game loses all its value, the game just becomes PUBG with worse shooting mechanics and a horrible loot system, along with blatant imbalances in guns and mechanics. Oh and more aimbotters. 

Edited by iAmE
  • Thanks 1

So last night on my SE map, I transferred about 70 of my favorite Argies to The Island Map.  On The Island, I took a couple frogs out, and went to the Chitin Cave and loaded up on Cementing paste & Chitin. I finished grinding out the Crystal I needed to build an Industrial Grinder. (I've got a ton of Loot items that I don't need, so figured might as well get some resources from them, instead of dumping.) I bred my best female Quetz to the only male I have (only a level 26) Then I transferred that C.P. ,my best frog, and the Quetz egg along with a couple blue prints to my S.E. Map.

Once back on S.E., I did the "DestroyAll Argent_Character_bp_C" to get rid off my left over Argy breeding stock, and hopefully all of the argies that hatched underneath the world.What  didn't realize is that it doesn't leave their saddles/inventory behind, so I just lost about 50 saddles. But they were just the primative versions.

Prior to command, my tame count was 366. After the command, it dropped to 69!  I knew I had a ton of Argies, but didn't realize I had nearly 400 (when you add in the 70 I had previously transferred to The Island)

Hatched the Quetz egg, and did some grinding to build some more Adobe structure parts (going to build a new base near the Green OB.) then I went out and tamed a couple Jerboas. Took forever, as I could only find males. Finally when I was going to give up, I found 3 females together out in the desert to the east.

Tonight I plan on starting to clear out the spot to build the new base. After building the new base, I will go back to my old base (in the mountains near the Red OB) and retro fit it, to be more accessible by my dinos when they are loaded with Metal and other resources. 

I took my 12 rexes to Blue Ob on Ragnarok to fight the Broodmother....only to realize that you can't summon bosses on Ragnarok anymore.  No biggy, I'll upload the dinos and head to the island since it's part of the cluster.  Got there and fought the boss, first time battling a boss on a mostly vanilla server and whooped it's ass YES!!! Got my trophy and element yay....then realized I couldn't transfer those items back to Ragnarok with me grrrrr  So today on ark I will be tearing down my base on Ragnarok and moving to the island so I can keep playing this stupid raptoring game.

Edited by BeardO

I played for like ten minutes, got bored of sitting aroundnwaiting for my baby dinos to grow up, and went to play a different game. Tonight, I will grind out a better water pen, potentially start a land and air dino pen, and hopefully solve my metal problem, all while letting my baby dinos grow up, so I can breed more and move them out of thr way.

Had a decent morning today. Started out looking for a 140+ male rex to go along with my 140 (pretame) female. Still cant ride them for 2 more levels but I have plenty of scorp eggs so why not start my rex army, lol. Looked in my usual spot that usually has 2 or 3 rexes wreaking havoc, but only found low lvls.

As I'm looking for rexes, my wife spots a 145 griffin, so we kite it to base and start taming it on mutton. While its taming we take our bears out to kill everything in my usual rex hunting ground to try and get more to spawn, and after a little bit I spot 2 145 rexes, 1 male 1 female and get excited, lol. We rush back to check on the griffin and its at 90% (5x taming speed). So I ask my wife to stay with it and exit the pen as soon as its tamed, and I grab my griffin and start kiting the male to base. Timed it perfect as I rounded the corner to my pen, she was leaving. 

So we knocked it out, and I start thinking I wish I had 1 more large dino taming pen so I could get the female too, lol. We had to go to work soon and only had time to tame the male, so I hope the female is still around tomorrow. After tame the male had 7k hp, 1500 stam and 337 melee.

So this weekends project will be building a 2nd large dino taming pen, as well as making the 3rd expansion to our dino pen, lol. And I need to build a few ACs so I can start hatching some rex eggs

Edited by Jabnlab

Tuesday I tamed a 105 giga. Got back to base and found a bunch of stuff had moved around again. While moving things back where they were, one of my bears poofed for some reason. Realized my guard allos were the cause of the mixups. They were set to aggressive and aggroing through behemoth gates. Last night I built a small barn for the scorpions I have so they are not sitting around outside. Need more scorpions.

I watched Panda Dev wipe someone that has been a menace on our server for months. Blocked off Obis for months, greifing, toxicity. 

Was Glorious to see the wipe happen. Just coincidence that I got to the Obelisk when he started wiping stuff. I'd just traded for a Yuti, lost it when the server reset after he was wiped. But honestly not even mad now that he's gone.

• Haha 2

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, SmashNcrabs said:

I watched Panda Dev wipe someone that has been a menace on our server for months. Blocked off Obis for months, greifing, toxicity. 

Was Glorious to see the wipe happen. Just coincidence that I got to the Obelisk when he started wiping stuff. I'd just traded for a Yuti, lost it when the server reset after he was wiped. But honestly not even mad now that he's gone.

So your saying they do wipe pve griefers lol... Well confimed...

Today was one of those days where we started with 1 goal in mind, bring our bears to the volcano to farm mantis for polymer, and farm obsidian and crystal, and never even did it, lol.

Started the day by finishing our pen expansion. Then we decided to set up a tree platform and taps in the redwood forest. Once we returned from the forest, a lvl 145 female rex was not 10 feet from our taming pen, so we just had to tame it.

As it was taming we thought, lets get a low level quetz for eggs and to pick up dinos. So i make up a batch of kibble, and the wife and i hop on our griffin and find a lvl 15 over the volcano. We start tranqing it and it goes down right on the out skirts of murder snow...of course. Luckily it was only a 10 minute tame at our rates, and about 1 degree F, so we tough it out and it finishes taming as our screen starts to go red, lol.

We get it back and finally head out for the volcano run. We get just out of rendering of our base, and come upon a trio of allos (100 female, 20 female and a 25 male). I thought, might as well tame these for kibble. So i grab agro and my wife takes off to make sure the taming pen is open. I did not realize the bleed had a slow effect, so Im slowly kiting these 3 allo to the pen and my 100% imprinted bear is tanking like a champ. Luckily for me the lvl 100 takes off after a parasaur which eased off on the damage. After what felt like an hour the 2 low levels are in the pen. My bear was beaten and bloody but still alive, lol. After they tame I find the 100 and we tame her too.

And then it was too late to do our volcano run, so thats what we will hopefully do tomorrow, lol. I need to get some ACs built so we can start hatching some rex

Playing single player. 

Took my sole flier, an 85 pteranodon, up north to explore. Landed on a rock I though was tall enough to be safe on the north coast, just east of the snow. Turns out raptors could get up there, and they are my bird, who was on passive. But I didn't die. 

Found a 112 pteranodon nearby. Knocked it out. Tamed it halfway. Then a pair of carnos I'd been watching in the distance came sprinting in while I was looking in my inventory. Naturally went for the unconscious pteranodon first. Killed it. I survived again (using admin commands at this point because I'm kinda pissed).

Then a low-level argy flies right next to me (12). I'd never tamed an argy, but I had a saddle ready (part of why I was exploring up there. Tamed it. Rode it. And then it got too close to a therizinosaurus. Another flier dead.

Ran around for a bit and found a level 8 pteranodon, which is the best I can do at the moment. 

• Sad 1

Yesterday, I managed to untangle all of my grown up dinos, and kill off those I didn't want. I then hatchss 6 quetzals, 5 yutys, and a dimorphodon. Killed off all the ones with bsd stats , and then imprinted, only to realize I missed the imprint on the dimorph and haf to kill it. At least it was a male, and not a female so I didn't take that much of a hit. I also finished up the day with breeding my finished breeding dinos to get ready to hatch more.

Today's goal? Start my underwater dino pen renovations, breed up a bunch of new dinos (egg layers so they are ready for when I want to hatch) and hppefully have some fun.

Today so far:

First, I was lucky to find and tame a lvl 145 Daeodon.

Then, I tried to loot a yellow beacon. No enemies nearbye (I thought). I landed, the two Purlovia ambushed me (one from left side and one from right side). I got perma stunned. Do I have to continue, to tell to what end this leaded? Especially after a lvl 145 alpha carno joined the party..... :(

3x taming etc for the weekend - too good an opportunity to miss.

I don't usually do the raising of our babies but my tribe mate said this is as good as any to imprint so I might as well have a go with a Rex. We had a pair of fertilized eggs ready to hatch and they were from a pair of 145 and 150 Rexes. We didnt expect anything too major so just thought we would hatch both eggs and keep the best one. My albino hatched and it had a cool green underbelly so I grabbed and imprinted instantly. A few seconds later the other egg hatched and it was TRIPLETS! It was hilarious, my tribe mate was running around trying to imprint on them all. Mine came out as a 243 and his 3 were 221's so nothing too special. We ended up killing two and then he and I imprinted our babies to 78% over the weekend - quite happy for my first Rex upbringing. Stats were roughly 11k hp, 425 melee at 92 maturation last night when I logged off, Ill check it later - but I was happy with my new Rex.

My 2 other ventures were quite fun too... I hadnt got a red beacon I dont think on my 2nd time round of playing but there was one over the sea so jumped on 'Dash' our 299 Ptera and off I went. I managed to get there and grab the contents before a Troodon and a Theri tore me up. Industrial Forge BP and a Journeyman Bronto saddle BP - not too bad.

My final venture was a run on my bear where I spotted an A Raptor on my return from the beacon. I found the Alpha and he had a pair of Theris close by. I took out the Alpha easily enough (145) and then both Theris attacked soon after. This is where I learnt riding naked wasnt a good plan. I usually ride naked as I live in the jungles and hate overheating and usually I have no issues killing things when on my bear. However, in this case the second Theri managed to knock me out and off my bear (luckily bear was on neutral). The bear killed the Theri but I had a 30 second wait close to death before I woke up and could remount my bear. next time, Ill wear an armour ;)

Today we started a large base expansion, going from a 10x10x4 to a 20x10x probably 22-24 high, doing 3 floors, bottom will be 12 high for breeding and cooking kibble for imprinting/taming, 2nd will be 2-4 high for crafting/storage, and 3rd will be an 8 high s+ glass aviary. This will probably be over a month long project as its just my wife and I in the tribe at official rates (on our own private server), and we play maybe 45 minutes a day during the week and 3 or 4 hrs each on Saturday and Sunday. And we will weave in building with taming, breeding and exploring

Its also going to be our largest, most intricate project in our ark career, It will eventually have an elevators and multiple rooms. I love building, but I'm not the greatest at building so I'm curious if I can even pull a complicated project off, lol.

I hope to have the 1st floor finished by Saturday (got a good chunk of it done today) as I have several rex eggs I want to hatch, although we still need to tame a few Dimetridon and Dimorphs for eggs for imprinting kibble, so I may not work too hard to finish it.

Ill try to keep this thread updated with our daily progress

Edited by Jabnlab

10 hours ago, Takwie said:

Yesterday I killed with a tribe mate my first two bosses (alpha spider and beta monkey) in ARK.

Congratulations, it must be nice getting your first bosses down.

I went and completed an Ice Cave run on my bear with my tribe mate. Nice and smooth but as usual - my loot drops sucked! I have no luck at the moment with any drops! Maybe Ill have better luck later!

All of these is what I have done for the past few days;

91% imprinted (server roll back while I was off cost me 100% I had done :( ) two more boss rex's. I'm gonna stat one for Brood (Will be first 1000% melee rex) and one for Monkey/Dragon (40k HP, rest in melee) (not Alpha yet, medium for all). One was a level 337 hatch, our highest yet.

We started two 230 melee Giga's, 84% done with 84% imprint, raised and finished a Yuty, mated that one and started raising the next one. That one is 81% done. Raised 4 Quetzal's, one was a mate to another one we got last week (Orange Head) then bred the Orange heads so that one is currently raising, 67 % done. Raised a red and two rainbow theri's as well. Better weight and melee then our's but we have much better stam to breed in. 

Did some volcano and lava cave runs, built a bridge and boss rex barn on cliff above green ob then connected a bridge to green ob platform. Easier to get our rex's to the ob for boss fight now and since we have base below green ob, all is put together nicely. Gonna store yuty's and daedon's there too. My tribe mate is a building beast. 

Other then that, business as usual. Made a lot of great in and cross server trades.Traded for MC Yuty saddle then traded that and 4k ings for 4 yuty eggs, all hatch over 200+ and 1300-1560 stam. Lower hp (6k) but we can cross breed with our current breeds who hatched with 7.6k hp. Added new color to our quetz line (purple coming soon) and got an egg that should be either neon red wing tipped or cyan head/body. I'll take either though kind of hoping for wing mute so I can add that to our red body Quetz and just have a fireball in the sky. 

Only thing I missed out on is getting my alternate scorched character some level's during the 3 xp event. I need him to be able to get to the point he can open desert drops. 

Despite a lot of server roll backs and general frustration from dupers/ddoser's it was still a good weekend in Ark. got to play with the friends I made and was very productive. 

20 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Its also going to be our largest, most intricate project in our ark career, It will eventually have an elevators and multiple rooms. I love building, but I'm not the greatest at building so I'm curious if I can even pull a complicated project off, lol.

IIll try to keep this thread updated with our daily progress

I wasted so many resources trying to install an elevator. I could never get it to line up right. I finally gave up.  Would love to hear from people with tips on how to install it. (PS4, so NO Building Mods available)

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

. Added new color to our quetz line (purple coming soon) and got an egg that should be either neon red wing tipped or cyan head/body. I'll take either though kind of hoping for wing mute so I can add that to our red body Quetz and just have a fireball in the sky. 

Sounds amazing ... hope you get it. Post some pics please if you do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I wasted so many resources trying to install an elevator. I could never get it to line up right. I finally gave up.  Would love to hear from people with tips on how to install it. (PS4, so NO Building Mods available)

I wouldn't try myself without s+. Played around with them shortly after they came out without any mods and drove myself crazy getting it going. We were using it to get to the top of the cliff at hidden lake. Finally got it usable but havent touched them since...untill this project, but I have s+ so its going to make it a lot less stressfull.

If i had to offer any tips, use wood pillars to get the track positioning right, then place the track.