So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(last night) Logged in to 255 ping. Spent 1.5 hours trying to open doors. DC'd 3 times (1 was a rollback). picked up the Quetzal eggs my tribe mate had laid down the night before so they wouldn't hatch because no way was i dealing with this crap again. I postponed a trade for a 235 melee Giga egg i had wanted to start incubating then logged off. I hate 2x events on my server on the weekend. 4 weekends ago when we had normal rates during the weekend, i had a blast playing the game because i could, you know , play the game. 

Decided to do some taming today. Started with a lvl 20 Pachyrino for eggs. Then grabbed 2 lvl 140 bears (male and female). Our field had an excessive ammount of brontos and stegos (atleast 20 of each) so we took the new bears out to kill them all and level. 

Tried to kite a 140 female allo to our taming pen, but couldnt get it to keep agro on me. Then I got knocked off my griffin by a micro raptor, and the allo ate me which was quickly eaten by my griffin, so that put a stop to that plan, lol

Now we have a lvl 130 diplo knocked out in our taming pen (5x taming) that im going to half pay attention to while doing stuff around the house. Didnt have enough eggs to make kibble so its on mejos. Wish it was much lower lvl because its just going to be used for eggs, but it was the 1st female we saw nearby in a week so we took what we could get.

The rest of the afternoon we our going to afk breed our new bears and a few more wolves too. We thought it would be fun to lead a wolf pack with the bears. We also want good bears because we are going to eventually build an outpost in murder snow and see if we can survive, because why not, lol. 

Edited by Jabnlab

8 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

(last night) Logged in to 255 ping. Spent 1.5 hours trying to open doors. DC'd 3 times (1 was a rollback). picked up the Quetzal eggs my tribe mate had laid down the night before so they wouldn't hatch because no way was i dealing with this crap again. I postponed a trade for a 235 melee Giga egg i had wanted to start incubating then logged off. I hate 2x events on my server on the weekend. 4 weekends ago when we had normal rates during the weekend, i had a blast playing the game because i could, you know , play the game. 

Oml i remember that one weekend youre talking about! It was rhe only playable weekend the past 2 months and i had so much fun ! Could do so much i never deemed possible on a weekend!

• Like 1

Hatched an Argy with a gold crown mutation on his head. Hatched an albino Rex with purple back mutation (decent health melee still needs work). 

Gathered materials for a new base, then proceeded to get the perimeter established while also keeping the babies fed.

Cooked some Parasaur kibble cause I really want to get some raptor mutations, then called it a night. 

Had a productive day today. Started by taming a 150 male argent. Then we decided we wanted to get mammoths. Put together stuff for a taming pen and a small 2x2 shack with a fireplace, made enough raptor kibble for 2 150s, loaded up our bears and setup shop on Hibbert Summit. Ended up getting a 145 male and 140 female by the time we were done.

As the female was taming a yutty spawned nearby. We rushed over to kill it so it would not eat our mammoth in tame, didnt realize it was a 150 female until it was dead :( I would have said forget about the mammoth if I knew that, lol. Oh well.

On the way home we saw a 140 female rex near our base. So we quickly put the mammoths away, i grabbed my griffin and kited the rex to our taming pen. Can't ride it for 4 more levels, but we couldnt pass up taming it.

After this weekends tames, its time to expanded our dino pen again. I thought the last expansion would last a while, but 2 mammoths, 2 rex and a diplo take up a good amount of space, so I guess thought wrong, lol

• Thanks 1

My tribemates were yelling in the discord, omg lets capture wyverns and Finaly breed them!

We have been waiting for weeks to finally try in in the weekends (when we have time) 

I logged put oil in my forge for gasoline 3 times. Flew to my house to get my gear to get going, server acted up again and decided my wyvern wasnt flying anymore but swimming. Anyway it was next to my house so no big deal.

Tried entering my chests for 10 minutes and hate to do this but i had to dissapoint my members again that its near impossible to trap a wyvern, KO it and get milk. So sad, they are ready for a month by now to go and do dis!

What a great weekend - I do love the 2x events.

We managed to get a 3rd Bee and a new high lvl Doed as we needed a lot of stone for our new pillared outhouse (being built especially to house our large carnivorous dinos) and the current lvl 70 doed just wasn’t cutting the standard for our needs.

My tribemate and I had some plans for the weekend but don't you find that best laid plans always go to pot?  The idea was to go and get some high lvl bears so we could breed it with our mutated blue bears but we just never got round to it.

We did manage to get a lvl 150 Female Rex that just happened to wander over to our base, right by the taming pen. So we now have a 150 female and 2 145 males – breed plans are now devised.

We lost our 150 megalodon and dolphin recently as something managed to glitch in and kill them (can’t remember what the tribe log said it was now) but we weren’t too bothered as water dinos aren’t our priority at the moment.

So, the idea was to get our 2 spare blue bears (bred from mummy and daddy blue bears) and get them up to the frozen biome so we could house them by our base by the ice cave – we had a little run on wolves in there but they didn’t seem a viable choice. We took the  bears over the jungles mid area to the beach facing the swamp and lay out a raft. Jumped aboard and navigated our raft close to (but not too close) to the swamp and praying a Leeds didn’t appear out of nowhere. We made it… landed safely on the snow biome and was heartily welcomed by a pack of wolves. It was quite wonderful having a different biome to look at rather than just jungles and beach where our main base is currently situated.

So we checked in our base right by the snow cave, dropped off some resources, equipped ourselves and went on a first proper run to see how our Bears would fare against the Yeti’s. On first glance, there were many of the buggers, wolves, sabres, yeti’s and spiders. The cave was huge and I had a feeling that our 5k hp and 550 melee bears weren’t going to be enough and that we would have to return to bring our Rex’s. Oh, how I got that wrong – the Bears were the perfect answer for the caves. Took out a trio of wolves and my tribemate and I took on a pair of lvl 90 yetis – we only lost like 300 hp so we were happy. We found 3 yellow loot crates and typically the one I opened had nothing important in – an apprentice hide boot bp – serious! I did get the Artifact of the Skylord though as my tribemate managed to get a nice MC Carno Saddle (possibly bp – cant remember) and a nice journeyman longbow bp from his two yellow loot crates.

So we ambled around and killed some more in search of the way out – saw a frozen (literally trapped in the ice) Rex and a wolf which was quite a nice look and then headed back to base.

We were thoroughly happy ourselves… the Ice Cave is probably solo with our nice bears but for the next few times we will probably do it together just to be safe – and knowing me, I’d get lost anyway… it’s a great habit of mine when playing ARK.

So, as far as I am aware now, the artefacts we have are Cunning, Immune and now Skylord. Not sure how many others there are on the Centre but one by one we will tick them off.

I think for the rest of this week we will endeavour to finish off one of the buildings (either the snow biome base or the new outbuilding back at the main base).

I had fun yesterday sitting by my best Gigas side (602 Melee) and watch it die because an Ark glitch took all of my dinos and structures and put them in a non-existant tribe.  Can't feed, can't access, can only watch die.  Put in a ticket and due to the LONG wait to get response, will loose 2 years worth of effort. Good times...

• Sad 1

Set out to tame a high level plesi last night. Found a 150 relatively close to my base. Proceed to knock it out, and it wouldn't let me put any Kibble in it's inventory...

We hit server cap. FK! Race back to my base and kill off one of my low level Carno's. Get back to the downed Plesi and start taming. 

I let my guard down a bit to long and my 276 Megalodon is fighting a Dunky. I shoot it from a distance and my Megalodon shoots off like a rocket into the deep... 

I float there debating on what to do. Force feed narcotics to the downed Plesi and swim down after my Megalodon. Cannot find him. I swim back up to my Plesi and pump it full of narcotics again.

Swim back to my base and grab my dolphin. Stop by Plesi and pump narcotics again, then I dive. Hey, there's my shark! Fk! He's fighting an Alpha Mosasaurs! Dive and finally convince my shark to follow me (good thing cause he only had 750 health left) 

Get back to Plesi and...... She's gone.... Vanished, disappeared, just went poof... Say a few expletives and go home and call it a night. Good times.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, AVENGED said:

Set out to tame a high level plesi last night. Found a 150 relatively close to my base. Proceed to knock it out, and it wouldn't let me put any Kibble in it's inventory...

We hit server cap. FK! Race back to my base and kill off one of my low level Carno's. Get back to the downed Plesi and start taming. 

I let my guard down a bit to long and my 276 Megalodon is fighting a Dunky. I shoot it from a distance and my Megalodon shoots off like a rocket into the deep... 

I float there debating on what to do. Force feed narcotics to the downed Plesi and swim down after my Megalodon. Cannot find him. I swim back up to my Plesi and pump it full of narcotics again.

Swim back to my base and grab my dolphin. Stop by Plesi and pump narcotics again, then I dive. Hey, there's my shark! Fk! He's fighting an Alpha Mosasaurs! Dive and finally convince my shark to follow me (good thing cause he only had 750 health left) 

Get back to Plesi and...... She's gone.... Vanished, disappeared, just went poof... Say a few expletives and go home and call it a night. Good times.

I had a similar experience about a month ago, taming a Mosa.  Had a Mosa about 75% tamed. Then my Plesi got agro'd by some eels. He kills them, but somehow attracted an alpha Mosa. I finally called him away from the Alpha, and we have to do a little running around to lose it's agro. When I returned back to the Mosa, I saw it wake up, so I shot a couple tranq darts at it .

yep, killed it.  SMH 

• Sad 1

So last night I began the long process of cleaning up my maps after spending the last couple months breeding. On the center Map, I killed 328 of my Thylas, leaving only 14 remaining. (12 color mutated, and a pair with great stats.)  I know they are just video game images, but it was kind of sad to see them go away. Including my first ever wild tamed Thylas and my first born Thyla.

Tonight I will be doing the same thing on S.E. to over 200 Argies. I had a harder time singling out who to keep, so I kept nearly 70 of them because of the various color mutations.

Apparently ARK has turned me into an animal horder! :S

I also spent about 3 hours last night grinding out the supplies to craft a ton of Adobe pieces to build a brand new huge dino barn as well as Crafting building. I just need to find the best location of flat land to do it, as I suck at building with pillars. 

32 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I had a similar experience about a month ago, taming a Mosa.  Had a Mosa about 75% tamed. Then my Plesi got agro'd by some eels. He kills them, but somehow attracted an alpha Mosa. I finally called him away from the Alpha, and we have to do a little running around to lose it's agro. When I returned back to the Mosa, I saw it wake up, so I shot a couple tranq darts at it .

yep, killed it.  SMH 

Ark giveth and Ark taketh away. Just gotta laugh those moments off. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iAmE said:

I logged onto PvP Official, realized that my bases on three servers had been undermeshed, so I went to the server that undermeshed me, raided their duping cave, then realized they had a 45-60x60x30 under the mesh, so I logged off and left. 

I don't play PvP, so your entire post made absolutely no sense to me. It is like reading a different language.

For the uneducated noob like me, can you explain what "undermesh" means, and what the significance of "had a 45-60x60x30" means?

Thanks,

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I don't play PvP, so your entire post made absolutely no sense to me. It is like reading a different language.

For the uneducated noob like me, can you explain what "undermesh" means, and what the significance of "had a 45-60x60x30" means?

Thanks,

Undermesh means that the base, in this case, was built below the ground, in an area that isn't supposed to be playable. However, since there are probably about 50-60 holes in the mesh on the Center alone, or ways to get under the playable map area, people frequently, and commonly, have bases down there. 45-60x60x30 are the dimensions of the base in question, meaning 45-60 foundations long, by 60 foundations wide, by 30 walls high.