So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Ran alpha manticore twice 2 days ago, I'm in the tek business now. Killed 8 Alpha raptors with my new Rex (fought two at same time, Rex is 340 with 25k hp/820 melee currently with 18 levels to go), prepped for 4 more manticore runs for tonight after work, continued to grinder level new rexes for med brood coming up, traded two angler's and set up future trades for Quetz's, made sure current Quetz's being raised were doing good.  

It was good a day (yesterday). 

1. Farmed Stone, Wood, Metal, Cement Paste, Silica Pearls, and Organic Polymer.

2. Fed my Phioma and filled my compost bins.

3.  Killed a bunch of stuff for meat.

4.  Crafted a bunch of stuff to make a larger base and better defenses.

5.  Flew around looking for something cool to bring home and tame.

6.  Logged off.

Not much today. Tamed up a 150 male Mammoth, been having problems with my well not keeping my crops properly irrigated and having them constantly reverting to seedlings, so when searching for a solution I discovered the S+ Africanized Beehive, so demolished my beehive and got one crafted up, placed it next to my crop plots, and found out the hard way that they pretty much kill you just walking past it without Bug Spray on! xD Got it into a safe place and my crop irrigation problems are solved. 

Also plucked up the courage to kill a Wyvern that had strayed away from the Trench with my Griffin meaning that I finally had some Sulfur (for some reason I can't harvest the Sulfur nodes on the Volcano) so I can finally get some Propellant made up to power an S+ Item Collector! Easy street at last.

Killed an Alpha Rex and a couple of Alpha Raptors with the Griffin, then finished off the day by teleporting a 150 Megatherium into my base, which shouldn't have been a problem, except I forgot that bugs make them go beserk, and as I was making up some more tranq darts it spotted my Spider and went loopy causing all my Neutral tames to pile onto it. Spider died in one hit, no great loss, the Mega got killed in short order unfortunately, but never mind. Got everyone put back into place and called it a night 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive been away DH mountain biking in the french Alps. I returned to the game last night to find my tribemate had got to perfect tame Spino's and another 145 Rex. He had been busy. As I entered our main building, our twin bears (blue) had multiplied by 3 and there were now 6 bears.

He logged on shortly after I and explained his exploits. He had done well, I had only been gone a week.

We play on the Center and he had found a little cave (which we must have passed many times before but never saw). It is jungles mid region and in that cave spawn 2 bears. Basically, he’s put a pen outside,  checks out the lvls of the bears, if he likes the look of one, kites it to the pen and tames, if he doenst like the lvls, he kills them off, leaves the area and returns to 2 new bears. It seems a wonderful little trick to max out some super bears.

After he showed me his new little place, we hopped on the doed and anky and collected stone. As weve some bigger dinos now (2 rex, 2 Spinos and Allosaur) we have decided  that the building isn’t big enough. It appears that people on our server only build with pillars so weve decided to do the same which will allow us to build further out and slightly above the sea (we have run out of decent space).

I then spot an Alpha Raptor and a standard Rex. I run in (naked), hop on my 262 Blue Bear and off I jog to take them on. Rex died pretty much instantly, and then Im taking out the Alpha Raptor – got it down fairly easily before realising an Alpha Carno was speeding in my direction from behind (how I didn’t see that bugger I wont know). I took some hits, realised I was already a ¼ down on hp and decided I wasn’t sure if this was a good idea. I ran.

The Carno got distracted by some brontos so I got my tribemate to jump on his bear and we returned and took out the Carno with ease. I really am liking the extra Alphas that are spawning now, but I do need to be a little careful as I never checked the lvl of either the Rex, A Raptor or A Carno.

Tonight will be more stone grinding, bear trapping and possibly trekking a pair of bears up to our snow base ready for the Cave. I do hope that no Leeds spawn by the swamp area as I need to get my bears over using a raft.

Helped my tribemate transfer his dinsos to another server. After he uploaded server crashed 255 ping and everyone dced this poop regularly happen same with rollbacks. I was affraid there would have been another one but gladly there wasnt. Else we had some double dinos i had to kill :/

The struggles to tell your tribemates u can only transfer when theres no lag and they have to wait a week for a small gap where its possible.

Edited by Oermens38

more of the same for me. breeding Argies and hatching eggs hoping for color mutations. I FINALLY got some a Red Winged one! I now have red feet, red wing Tips, and red face to go along with the red wings. Now I just need red head/neck and red forehead, and I can hopefully create my over-sized "Cardinal".  Almost there in creating an all yellow "Canary"; all blue "Bluebird"  and an all  black "Crow" as well.

Still no Hot Pink or Neon Green mutations yet. (Can get them in Thylas, but not Argies.)  Starting to get frustrating, as I have hatched over 1000 eggs so far.

I've been trying to decided which OB I want to move my base to,  Just having a hard time finding a good flat building site.  So last night in between hatchings, I flew "Shocker" my new lightening Wyvern around the map searching for a spot, and did meat runs for my Argy population. Also flew over to my original base near the mountains, and did a a metal run of about 4600 metal. Finally made a Industrial Forge, but am trying to decide where to place it. Not enough room in my mountain base, unless I do some major re-arranging. Since I'm on console, without S+, this can be a real hassle.

Tamed up a new Spider, wasn't really that bothered about losing the old one but when flying over the Volcano on my Agent I chanced upon a 150, so figured I may as well. Finally got around to taming a Yuty, just a 135, I've seen better around but this one had come right down into the forest next to my base so it was easy to get him into the taming pen. Also grabbed a 130 Baryonyx since it's the highest I've seen. Only a Prime Fishmeat tame so she's not great, but she'll do for now for some water exploring fun. Took the Yuty for a good old muder spree all over the map and spotted a 145 Griffen locked in a pointless battle with a 140 Rex where neither is hitting each other, left them too it and may go back and get the Griffen at some point when my Allos have popped out a few more eggses. Took the Anky and Doed out and did a bit more work on the castle walls since the building has been pretty neglected recently, then finished off the day by koing a 145 female Rex who was practically walking into my taming pen all by herself. Stuffed her full of Mutton since I couldn't be bothered to make the kibble up and called it a night.

Didn't do a whole lot today. Finally Got sick of running out of water making kibble so I finally ran pipes down to the swamp. Wasn't terribly far away, I've just been lazy. 

Then decided to look for a frog to tame in the swamp, got too close to the water (it is so clear) and dismounted and my argent took off to god knows where and I started getting eaten by a sarco. Managed to grapple to a high point, asked my wife to come pick me up and she dismounts too, lol. She grapples to safty and luckily her argent didnt take off, i whistle follow, jump on, grab my wife and bring her back to base, then go in search of my argent. Find it in a field fighting a few brontos and stegos for some reason. I whistle passive and follow and get it home with only 200hp left.

Then i tame a 145 frog, and while searching for a 2nd frog find a lvl 55 female bary instead, grabbed it and tamed it for eggs. Then head to work, lol.

I plan on breeding wolves again tonight if I get time. If not Ill do it tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Managed to grapple to a high point, asked my wife to come pick me up and she dismounts too, lol. She grapples to safty and luckily her argent didnt take off, i whistle follow, jump on, grab my wife and bring her back to base, then go in search of my argent.

Women drivers huh!? 9_9

just kidding! don't kill me please!

Sadly, I did nothing.  Not only was my server being DDOS'd, but then an "update" came out, and we got about another hour on the game when the server went down again.  It booted everyone! 0/100.  

The Dev's have an answer to the problem of DDOS (or say they do), but they have not put it into place. This is vexing to those plagued by cheaters.  

I do hope the rest of you had an amazing day on Ark.  Tame a giga for those who cannot!