So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Our unofficial server crashed yet again last Friday. The host decided to keep the server down for good. 

T and I decided to play on an official SE server until we get server rentals on console. 

We already had existing characters, so we transferred them to an SE server and met up somewhere on North 2. Or better said, I tried to find her as she already started to build a small thatch hut. 

Man, it is hot on SE. My water was constantly at zero, no stamina and then comes the first sandstorm. I haven't made it through. Died twice and we had no bed build yet. 'Why didn't you go in the tent?' she asked, she should've told me that. I've never played on SE before. But hey, I'm fine.

We started to tame our first raptor and perfectly on time when it got tamed, a saber ate him and both of us. Alas, we had a bed to respawn now. Back to gathering by hand I guess. 

Later on we tamed another one, level 5. He can carry stuff, that's good enough. T found a nice spot to gather metal and we had a smithy and metal tools in no time. With the smithy came the opportunity to start renovating the hut with Adobe, so we did that with all the resources we collected earlier. 

I logged off for the night, but she kept playing for a while. I just got a message of hers that said 'We now have an Anky, Doed and Morellatops as well as two Jerboas.' She's been a busy bee this night. :Jerblove:

• Thanks 1

Yesterday, as I haven't had the chance to play today, I started a huge metal base, worked a lot on my kibble/breeding building, and started stockpiling fertilized eggs for when I am ready to start breeding.

New base has/will have: Two industrial forges, a tek transmitter, lots of vaults, industrial cooker, beer barrels, 4 smithys, 2 fabricators, chemistry bench, industrial grinder, place to hold my snails, 8 refrigerators, 15 preserving bins, and much more. Oh yeah, and a relaxation room. And my personal weight bear for moving stuff around in the house.

When I get home from working, metal runs on the Center, transfer metal to Island where I am building, build more on bases, begin planning my next project before my kibble/breeding base or my living base is done ( as thats how I roll) which will be a better underwater pen with a breeding pen. As well, if I get bored, I can always fish while waiting for supplies to cook or things to be made.

Edited by SCORCH

So about 10 days ago, I had a starter base on SE. Not too bad, but nothing fancy.  In one of the out-buildings, I placed 3 Jerboas and let them breed. I got a red baby right away, and decided to keep breeding for mutations.  At the same time I was breeding Argies. But I was running out of room for the Argies, so I took my flock of 20+ and flew them over towards the Oil vein area of the map. I ground out a couple of breeding pens and another adobe base.

Well, I completely forgot about my starter base, as I did nothing over the last 8-9 days, but breed, breed, breed my argies for color mutations. (Got some nice ones too)

Finally last night, I decided to fly over to my "old" base. Well as I get close, the game just LAGS so bad, I mean unplayable.  Finally after taking like 15 minutes to fly the last distance to the base. I notice dozens, if not hundreds of Jerboas all over my base!  OMG, somehow the Jerboas survived even without me feeding the babies! I did leave a full feed bin of berries, but I didn't think the babies would survive without me feeding them. (I'm play S.P., and have tweaked the breeding/maturation rates) 

I saw a Pikachu Jerboa!  Bright yellow with red highlights.  But because of the lag, I could not get to it. Finally, I looked on the website for Console commands, and learned to do a "DestroyAll Jerboas_character_bp_c" command.   Voila! no more lag .... but also no more Pikachu  :Jerbcry:

So tonight, I plan on taming up some more Jerboas, and trying again, but this time, I will not leave them unattended to nearly a week!

Edit: I STILL need to get some Wyvern milk, so I can hatch my Lightning egg. But I'd rather breed for mutations, than killed get over and over when trying to get milk.

Edited by Aushegun

On 7/30/2017 at 9:02 PM, Jabnlab said:

I play on a private Rag server along with my wife and brothers.

Totally jealous!  None of my friends play ARK (or online games at all) so I tend to stick with S.P., as playing on a server is not too much fun by myself.  What fun it would be to play with siblings and family members.

I've not played ARK for a good 3-4 weeks ever since my tribe and our allies got wiped. I was, however, maintaining a small kibble farm so that if ever I wanted to return again, I'd get a head start.

Well, I get a message from one of my tribemates saying that one of our former members was participating in a raid with another tribe on our surviving ally. Before that, said former tribemate had asked me for dinos. Not knowing what he was up to, I allowed him to what I had. Didn't take much ironically, but he really wanted the dinos in there. Thank goodness I never got on to do that.

So...I gave our good fliers to our surviving ally, destroyed the base, and killed the last of my dinos due to an insiding tribemate :')

Such is ARK~

Edited by DarkEliteH2

Worked on imprinting and feeding my new Rex

Tamed 3 female terror birds (that won't lay me any eggs >.<)

Spend 2 hours searching for low level, female dimetrodon without any luck

Tamed a dunkleosteus

Got offered a free theri

Farmed a ton of oil with my new dunkleosteus

Spend another hour searching for a darn dimetrodon, again without any luck...... I am never gonna find one, am I?

1 hour ago, Pantherthm said:

Worked on imprinting and feeding my new Rex

Tamed 3 female terror birds (that won't lay me any eggs >.<)

Spend 2 hours searching for low level, female dimetrodon without any luck

Tamed a dunkleosteus

Got offered a free theri

Farmed a ton of oil with my new dunkleosteus

Spend another hour searching for a darn dimetrodon, again without any luck...... I am never gonna find one, am I?

I'm sure you already know this, but if you have a male near the females it really helps. Then throw in an Oviraptor for good measure

The OP Anarki is my tribemate. So i spent the first 5 seconds figuring out why i couldn't move. He had filled my inventory with junk so i was encumbered.

After filling his sleeping body with the same junk I decided to be productive and tamed 2 lvl 140 spinos and a 150 rex. Also raised 3 bears and hatched a lvl 252 ptera that got a mutation in stamina. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Totally jealous!  None of my friends play ARK (or online games at all) so I tend to stick with S.P., as playing on a server is not too much fun by myself.  What fun it would be to play with siblings and family members.

We've been playing as a family on our own private servers for most of our ark career. Its been pretty fun, took some breaks here and there but always come back. Started with an island server pre biomes, took a break, came back to the center for a while, took another break, tried an unofficial pvp server for a month, but after 2 server wipes in a month decided it wasn't for us and started an SE server, but switched to Ragnarok about 3 weeks ago and love it so far.

Been mostly just my wife and I the last few months as one brother is out of the county, but he comes back in a few weeks then its back to normal.

Had a busy weekend, did a little taming for our kibble farm and also tamed a lvl 130 dire bear. It was in a taming pen and somehow a hell pig spawned on top of it and dropped it to 70% TE before I was able to drag it away. Nbd as we just play pve. To finish the weekend we got our generator going along with couple of lights and a few fridges. And we killed 3 Alpha raptors within an hour of each other. We dont have any real strong mounts yet so the wife and I did hit and runs, her on a ptera, me on a griffin. Took about 5-10 minutes each, but the xp and prime were well worth it.

Today we started our wolf pack. Tamed 3 wolves this morning, a lvl 145, 140 and 100 (pre tame) and have a pup about half an hour from being mature. Our goal is a pack of 10 or so just for fun kill everything meat runs, lol.

Realized this morning my dino pen is getting crowded, so I need to start expanding it pretty soon.

Edited by Jabnlab

We mostly went exploring the (new to me) SE map. At some point we stood on the edge of some small crevice. We were on the two low level Raptors, we tamed the other day. T said we could jump over it so I tried. A little run-up, timed the jump, lag and down I went on my Craptor (yes, it's his name). Luckily I could jump off his back in before landing. 

Here I've been, on a map that I don't know and in a dark and treacherous trench. 'Go left' she said 'I'll catch you at the exit'. I already lost orientation when I arrived at the bottom, so I had no clue where left would be. She's a genius, she threw a lit torch down the trench. 'Here, see that? That's left.' About 20 scary, but not really dangerous, minutes later we met at the exit. First thing I said - 'Bring me home, NOW!'

On our way back, we found a neat and flat spot that no one built on yet. We agreed to relocate and build a little something over there, placed some thatch foundations to reserve the place. 

Back home, we prepared building pieces for an L shaped base in 8x8. Imagine the Tetris piece, with each of the three 'cubes' being 4x4. 

Later on a wild 150 lightning Wyvern flew around the edge of a hill, swooping in and out of render distance. He went off in the mountains, phew. 

As our friend P joined our party chat, we convinced him join us, even if he said he won't start over and especially not on officials. Only problem being, he doesn't own SE.

The gentleman I am, I bought it for him and logged off for the night. 

Both, T and P have a day off today. Let's see what awaits when I get back home. 

Almost lost half my wolf pack this morning. All are fairly fresh tames so we were doing some leveling. Kind of went after more then we could chew, lol. Started out easy, killing a bunch of beavers and other small stuff, then came around to a field that always has a lot of brontos and rex fighting. Went after a lone bronto and before we knew it was 3 more brontos and 2 high lvl rex. Managed to kill all of them and make it out alive but the entire pack was a really dark shade of red, lol. Not doing that again without more numbers and more leveling.

We finished the morning by starting our dino pen expansion, adding another 10x15 area to keep our dinos safe. Got the fence supports layed out, just need to build walls and gates. Hopefully this last us atleast a few weeks before we have to expand again.

Edited by Jabnlab

in reference to 

On 7/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, Eichkater said:

We visited the iceworm cave in Ragnarok. We went with 4 guys and a lot of firepower. It was a bit overkill thou as a good shotgun could shred them. The rest was all firearrows. We got 4 iceworm horns out of it and a ma quetzplattform saddle bp. Not bad.

I've seen them lay eggs on The Island and The Center, so i'm sure they would lay eggs elsewhere in Ragnarok

Edited by Babii4eva

On 7/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, Eichkater said:

We visited the iceworm cave in Ragnarok. We went with 4 guys and a lot of firepower. It was a bit overkill thou as a good shotgun could shred them. The rest was all firearrows. We got 4 iceworm horns out of it and a ma quetzplattform saddle bp. Not bad.

I wonder if those mantis, once tamed with the horns, actually do lay eggs or if they need desert tiles for that. Does anybody know?

I've seen them lay on The Island and on The Center, so i'm sure they would lay elsewhere on Ragnarok also.