So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I'm gearing up to start breeding in single player. As I'm not playing as regularly as before, I decided to move my breeding projects to sp instead, so I don't have to feed my breeders when I'm not playing. I'm working on building the most basic things I need to start breeding and while I realize I could cheat in things, I just can't. For me, a lot of the fun with building comes from the gathering I do with my tames and the crafting. I just find it relaxing I guess.

I'm playing on Ragnarok and decided to make a base in the Redwoods. So far, I've only gotten stone foundations down with a smithy, a refinery forge, an S+ crafting station and a fabricator (I'm using my duplicated, level 100 character so I can research everything pretty much). I've turned my sp into my own personal taming heaven (the world is overrun with ankys, doeds and barys) so it's extremely safe everywhere except the swamps.

I might also start a building project or five while in sp, basically turning it into a creative version of ARK. I'm leaving the survival stuff for our private servers instead.

My first goal is to get an entirely blue doed though. I have three doeds with blue backs and other doeds with blue bellies, blue spots and blue spikes. I hope I get some funny mutations, too.  :D 

OK, so I will try to keep this succinct but there is so much to tell.

I basically shoved the wife and daughter off for the day and I used the 2 x weekend to really learn about ARK and breeding. My tribepartner and I bred our Pteras and out popped a 244 baby with 500 stam, 375 melee, 260 weight and 1200 hp - I was amazed. No mutations colourwise but I can always breed something in later on down the line.

Went and tamed a nice Argy as my battle bird - now running 600 melee so was quite pumped after the Ptera result too.

Was in need of an Anky and managed to get a 140 so that was helpful too.

So. the best bit. Before we went afk on the server we were known to have some nice Bears (just the two but nice enough) and we promised a baby to someone on the server in trade for a Ptera. As the bear dropped out - it was blue!! Anyway as good as our word, we gave up our blue bear and off it went with its new owner.

I was messaged yesterday by that same person as to whether I would like a bear in return for our kindness months ago and of course I said yes. They brought the pregnant mother to our base and my tribemate and I watched in anticipation. Yay a Blue 217 bear - TWINS!! We had too, one each, it was awesome, male and female. We  managed to imprint 87% on both bears and final stats were 3k hp, 2210 stam, 390 melee and 230 speed. I remember the weight being good too but cant think what it was - possibly 1100.

So, we had a pair of wonderful bears, a 244 Ptera, a new high lvl Anky and an Argy... what a great weekend.

I know most of you will have better dino's but for my first efforts I was a happy breeder.

The battle Argy also had fun with 2 Alpha Carnos, and 3 Alpa Raptors that day - they seem to be spawning close to our base in jungles mid (Centre).

Spent the day sailing around the base of WhiteSky and Winter's Mouth looking for penguins that hadn't been eaten by a raptoring yutz yet.  Burned up a total of 700 wood trying to keep warm because (Surprise!) the only place you can reliably get fur/pelt/hair to make fur garments is the winter zone (where you freeze in 5 minutes if you aren't surrounded by 4-5 campfires.... 

So earlier in the week I got my first ever Wyvern (136 Fire) to maturity.  After spending the next couple of days leveling her up, last night I decided to try to get a Lightning Wyvern egg.  Well apparently my experience with getting the Fire egg was a fluke, as I proceeded to die 4 times trying to get the Lightning egg. When I finally found an egg, I would get killed and couldn't recover my body without dying again.  :Jerbmad:  (I also lost 3 Tapejaras. but they were bred for the main purpose of Egg stealing so, I wasn't too broken up about them)

Finally last night found a 56 Lightning egg, as I was flying away, I saw another nest, with a 124 Lightning egg, so I grabbed that too! Made it back to my base near the scar and ran inside to put the egg in the Preserving bin.  I then spent the next 2 hours trying to trap and milk a Wyvern.  Apparently the 144 Lightning and 124 Fire Females I kited did NOT like my efforts, and killed my Jerboa Fuzzbutt, 2 of my Argys ("DragonBait" & "DragonFood"), and my first tamed Tapejara. (R.I.P. "Tapdancer") :Jerbcry:. PLUS they avoided my trap like the plague, consistently flying around and over it, instead of following me into it.

So I finally gave up and went to my other base and bred up about 12 Argy eggs and 8 Vulture Eggs.  

Tonight and this weekend, I will hatch those (hoping for color mutations) and maybe I will try again for Wyvern Milk too. :o

Will probably also search for some high level male Vultures. I can find anything over the 92 I currently have, while I have multiple females over 100 pre-tame.

OH YEAH!  I'm guessing I will be frogging around with the PS4 patch that downloaded the morning. Hope my game still works! 

Ive started an Artic themed base out by the penguin ice bergs on the Island. Im trying to tame every dino that has a white/grey snowy biome look. Like white mamoths, rexs, yutys and sloths. More dinos that you think have snow biome colourings. Just something about snow biome I love and I think this will look cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I play on a private Rag server along with my wife and brothers.

Today the wife and I finally moved from our beginner base in viking bay to one we spent the last 2 weekends building in the plains near haunted castle. After being there for half an hour we realize we absolutly hate how tall the grass was which really would have hindered collecting eggs and poop. So we ripped it back up (thank god for s+) and moved to a wide, flat plateau near the castle with really short grass. Played way longer then we planned on today, but we love the new base and the area has plenty of room to expand, so it was worth it.

This weeks projects are to build a taming pen, run water from the beaver pond (we are using a dozen resivoirs now), and tame, tame, tame.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Thanks 1

I started taming wolf in a taming pen when a feral pig spawned inside and started attacking me, my bird, and the wolf.  I barely killed the boar without losing my bird.  So then I went back to taming and regening HP.

When I thought I was good and the tame was just about done, a feathered rex (yutyr or something) warped through the wall and started attacking us.  As it started attacking, the wolf naming box popped up... After cancelling the naming process, I somehow got on the bird and picked up the wolf as we were being attacked, the Yutyr scared the bird and it started fleeing; we somehow all made it away and I landed on my metal mountain building.  Finally, we were safe...but the wolf decided to run off the side...I flew around for 5 minutes frantically whistling for him to follow me, finally found him and went back to base.

After that, I took my spino over to another tribe's base to mate.  On the way back, Ark locked up and jellyfish came and killed us.

Pretty productive day.

Edited by nyquist
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

It wasnt today but it was my weekends fun.

We started off with the idea of making a second base up in the frozen area not far from the redwood biome (just by the land bridge). We carted a load of mats in our two Argies and with a 3rd Argy on follow. We found a nice flat area and proceeded to lay down foundations and walls. A lovely pack of wolves were passing by when the Alpha was a lovely black 145 male. I cant remember the stats now but we tamed it in our half built chateau by kiting it through the dino gate whilst running out the other gate. 

We were running out of mats so flew back to our base over on the coast of Jungles Mid and on the way came across as 145 male Rex which seemed odd as we have only seen low lvls spawn in this area. I quickly returned to base and brought of my blue bear so I could kite the beast back to the taming pen my tribemate had built the previous night - he only made it to test his theory. 

Luckily for us the Rex fell in and couldnt escape, plunged a load of tranq arrows into and we ended up with a nice Rex - nothing too great on stats but still a decent tame - around 8.5k hp I think with 365 melee.

So what was just going to be a couple of hrs session building up our frozen chateau ended up with a pair of nice 145 tames  but also about 3hrs more time than I expected haha