So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

On 7/10/2017 at 10:17 PM, Ulta said:

I didn't do anything in ARK today. I'm waiting till release. Too many changes happening with these latest patches and the looming silence the devs have made concerning a wipe, I'm just bracing for impact right now. No skin off my nose if they don't wipe, I'll just resume play and pick up the pace to get back ahead.

I'm with totally with you on that one! I'm sitting back and waiting for all these patches to slow down a bit before I get on again. I haven't even got on yet to see if my dinos or base is still there after I heard a lot were gone/wiped after the last update (I'm a bit concerned about that one still). I may jump on for a bit to check out Ragnarok though....well when or if we get it lol!

Tamed another 150 Saber and another 145 Hyaenodon, plus a 150 male Ptera. Pulled some of my dinos out of Obelisk storage since I now have a substantial wall up. Got myself a bee hive. Also made a few tweaks to my server, the main one being getting rid of Gigas since I had 3 of them pretty much blocking off half of the Highlands, which is pointless to me.

i woke up had my coffee and rebooted my dedi . it crashed on load. rinse repeat 20 times ... no dice. informed my players that the server the we stared a week and a half ago because our last server crashed every fifteen minutes , wont load and that we have 2 options . ( 1) wait for a fix for an unknown amount of time or ( 2 )start over

instead of the 17 i had leftover after the last one  i now only have like 3-4 ppl left. i i fiddled around building a lil and got bored so i read the dev tracker to find out rag prolly wont come out on the 19th and that a dev got busted spawning lev 20k dinos on xbox official. so now im trying to motivate myself to play but am having trouble.

hmmm where to begin! went hunting flowers for the beehives since all the flowers have now gone poof. was in the river and suddenly a 1 minute shut down notice came. scrambled into somebodys public taming pen, putt all my gear in my dino and crossed my fingers that i was actually in the pen and not lagged out in the water. took about an hour to get logged back in and the server had rolled back to before i left, ok thats good.  repeat gathering the flowers, hunt, get knocked off my thyla by a microrapther WHILE fighing an alpha raptor. respawned,  took my best argie to get my gear and my thyla, currently on my way back to base on thyla with argent following , and currently the server has crashed 3 times now on this trip home. .. and each time is taking about half an hour to get back in. its being a long night and i just wanted to get some flowers and some meat and go to bed.

Oh that was easy! Today we watched the 262 patch go in.  After the patch:

1. I clicked to open my fridge, waited two minutes for the lag, opened my refrigerator, tried to move meat into my inventory, waited two minutes for it to happen, oh whoops d/c.  

Tried to reconnect to the server.  After multiple "Host/Timeout" Joining failed, finally got back in.  

Meat still not in my inventory, finally successfully transferred the meat to my inventory. Oh boy, next comes the trough!  Attempted to access trough. Repeated step 1 above, (substituting trough for refrigerator) through two disconnects for each trough. Dino's finally fed.  

Perused through the global chat when it shows up every 2-3 minutes through lag spikes. Lamented with fellow players about how the patch is going. D/c'd five more times and asked fellow players to repeat conversation because I lost it when the server disconnected multiple times.

Gave up on playing, and decided to look through the forums for answers in the bug/fixes directory.  Noticed a lot of players saying WC is hiding and not letting people know whats going on. Checked twitter. Ark is SILENT on twitter. Wondered why they raised the price of the game to $60.00 when the game is still so broken.

Decided to go play Ark on the private server I play on when official is being stupid. Tamed a few dino's and had some fun playing, but wanted to be on official.

Lamented the fact that this happens every patch.

Went to bed.

Official Server: I logged in a few times. Game crashed. came back a couple hours later, did the same thing and crashed again. Fed dinos and 2 servers I think. Probably had some starve due to server crashes and unable to log in. Who knows. I ended going out dancing tonight, got a nice fruit blended drink, came home thinking I'd jump on game but too tired and not feeling it. Perhaps tomorrow. I've been mostly replacing and remodeling my base and getting that finished before I tame or breed more.

Remodeled my base (it really was due for an upgrade) merged my incubation room into my main base and demolished old incubation room, built a breeding pen attached to my main base and hatched a mutated Allosaurus and a high melee Spinosaurus. Still have some work to do on top level of the base but overall I'm content with my day. 

I refueled about 4 generators that power our defense turrets, then the dupers rolled the server back.... I log back in and refueled these generators again, dupers roll back server again. I continue this process about 5 or so more times. Finally dupers stop rolling back long enough for the fuel to actually stay/save in the gens.... Oh boy what fun!

I was trying to get online after the latest patches but was constantly getting kicked off and timed out. I have logged into the main screen seen PING times at 130+ so decided that Ill wait until the official servers are working properly again. It also said its status was 'upgrading to patch 263' or something like that.

Tonight, Ive kicked the wife out with her friends so that I cna get a good 5hr session in, whether that be in ARK - it all depends on the server status.

We visited the iceworm cave in Ragnarok. We went with 4 guys and a lot of firepower. It was a bit overkill thou as a good shotgun could shred them. The rest was all firearrows. We got 4 iceworm horns out of it and a ma quetzplattform saddle bp. Not bad.

I wonder if those mantis, once tamed with the horns, actually do lay eggs or if they need desert tiles for that. Does anybody know?

On 7/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, Eichkater said:

We visited the iceworm cave in Ragnarok. We went with 4 guys and a lot of firepower. It was a bit overkill thou as a good shotgun could shred them. The rest was all firearrows. We got 4 iceworm horns out of it and a ma quetzplattform saddle bp. Not bad.

I wonder if those mantis, once tamed with the horns, actually do lay eggs or if they need desert tiles for that. Does anybody know?

4 iceworm horns? Wow cool story bro.