So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Just finished wiping 3 metal bases. All up about 80 dinos are dead including 5 gigas and all infrastructure deleted. All that's left is an empty shell. Loot was pretty crap though, nothing really of value. 3000 ingots and some longnecks in one base, 2nd base had a bunch of vaults in a box and a couple free turrets. Third base was a bit better, had a decent chunk of element sitting in their replicator and lot of blueprints but mostly crap ones, took a few ascendant ones. Snagged about 7000 turret bullets which is always handy. 

Started laying the foundations of the Castle, I may yet pull them up and reposition it, but at least they're crafted. The Castles and Keeps stuff is lovely but super expensive, and it's still just me and my Argent, who I finally got around to naming Wilhelm. Killed an Alpha Raptor who was close to home, went over to the Volcano to kill some Mantis' for Polymer and finally got to see it erupting xD Went and harvested up the dead whales for oil and spoiled meat, then went on a beaver murdering mission and raided every single beaver dam and came home with enough cementing paste to keep me going for a while, and enough pearls to be able to get a couple of teleporters up and running. Had to get rid of a couple of 145's and 150's in the process which was a shame, but I haven't got enough narcs, or the time to berry tame one atm. Made up a shed load of sparkpowder for jerky and gunpowder. Capped it off by taming up a 150 female Scorpion, just 'cus.

Breeding's been put on hold for a while as we've started playing on Ragnarok. The plan was to alter between Iso and Rag, but as the majority of our tribe are enjoying Rag right now, we decided to not do that. It's mostly me and three others that are interested in playing on Iso and as we're also having fun on Rag at the moment, we thought we would wait before switching.

All of us started over on Rag last week and the first day at Viking Bay, greeted us with a 145-saber biting my butt, ichthyornis harassing S (we've been brainstorming why she always gets attacked by them, but haven't come up with a solid theory so far except that she probably smells), followed by more high level sabers deciding to inspect our temporary base. A couple of days later, we had tamed some animals, of which two were high level trikes, some pteras and three sabers. There are so many high level creatures on this map and I haven't seen a single one, except the special ones like jerboas, below level 15.

After this, we put up some spike walls and kited rexes and alloses that got too close to us for comfort, to meet their death upon said spikes and us helping them along with some unfriendly arrows in their backs.

We tamed some more animals, such as an anky and a pair of doeds, and our starter base started getting too crowded, so we set out to look for another place to build a proper base at. For a change, we decided to try and build a community base, with a common working area and shared egglayers etc. etc. Also, with a large enough fence to be able to include a house from every member if we so wished to build one. It's worked so-so as three people have already started building away from the common base and since most seems to refuse using all the shared things... I guess we just suck at cooperating as a tribe and everybody wants things THEIR way too much. xD

When we were done with the common area and the surrounding wall (which will be expanded in the future, the important part was just to get it up and the tames properly protected) we went exploring on our sabers. Here are a few screenshots from our journey:
cgUAaVu.jpg
5I7KbcO.jpg
I almost fell off the bridge when taking this one xD :
m6pTUFZ.jpg

This adventure ended with me getting killed because of a microraptor/terror bird alliance... Luckily, S and H managed to get my saber safely back home.

During this trip, we came across some mammoths and I decided that getting one was a good idea. My tribemates were up for a mammoth taming expedition the very next day and off we went on our trusty sabertooths. We managed to find one in the mountains, got her knocked out and started taming her on crops. While we stood there surrounded by standing torches, freezing our butts off, I took screenshot of our view:
zrnI7ZD.jpg

She tamed up nicely and H had managed to tame a griffin while we babysat the mammoth, so he came by, showing it off. I must say I really like the griffin model, especially the wings.

The way back to out base (which is located right next to the blue obi, so we were quite far from home ), went without any major incident and I learned that I'm very fond of the new mammoth sounds and I LOVE the wood weight reduction. All in all, she's a great addition to our growing herd.

Yesterday, we decided to go and harvest some oil that H had spotted in a cave close to where we tamed the mammoth. Boy did that turn out to be a mistake! As soon as all of us had entered the cave (after avoiding rexes and alloses on the way up) and H had started harvesting the oil nodes, several direbears came out of the walls and attacked us. S, her saber and her jerboa all got killed, while me and H managed to get out, my saber with less than one third of her health left. The 150-bear that had come out of the wall (and the one that killed S) chased me all the way down to the beach and I just ran back to the base in the end as he wouldn't stop following me. Let's just say that we gave up on the cave and since S had lost her saber, we decided to look for a new one for her. We managed to find a 150 male in the end that we tamed, so at least she got a new cat after this whole ordeal.

Next, we're going to try and get some direbears. We're avoiding taming any apex predators for now, just for the fun of it (and of course to keep the wildlife properly fed :P). We will be getting alloses to get allos kibble for the griffins, but we won't use them.

I've also used my main character and my wyvern on Rags to find high level barys, ankys, direbears, pelas and so on, all for my breeding back on the Island. Now I've finally gotten 40+ levels on all the stats on the barys and while all but two are in the low 40s, at least they aren't below 40! I also tamed some ichthyornis so I can make kibble to tame more barys to hopefully get even better stats. :D

To end this very long and rambling post, I lucked out with the ankys and managed to get a new best stat. As previously mentioned, 307 was the highest level I could get with the stats I had sans the mutated ones. The previous best stat I had was 45 levels in food and weight, but in general, I had 44 levels in the other stats, which while not amazing, I still consider good and pretty hard to find/get higher unless via trading, which I can't do. Well, I found a 150 anky and she had 32 levels in hp, so naturally, I tamed her. I got lucky and she put 19 levels into hp so now I have a whooping 51 levels, or 7840, in hp on them! I got so happy I almost fell off my chair and my effort to find better weight and melee has been incredibly fueled by this stroke of luck. No wonder ARK's so addicting, taming is like playing on a modified slot machine; you just keep pulling that lever, hoping for luck and usually, ARK just gives you the finger until one day when you finally find that ONE animal or get that ONE great stat roll, or, on even rarer occasions, both things happen with one animal.

Had an unfortunate incident.  Long story short, through a series of foul ups apparently related to 260, my center save had to be wiped, including my character.  So now we begin anew.

I'm now running the latest stable build of bush people, and have taken out several mods I really never use.  So, spawned in jungles south, and did the punching a tree thing.  Wasn't long I was building a 2x4x2 wooden house.  Tamed a 140 ptera, made some forges and began preparing for the age of metal.  Now, where I decided to build is just northwest of skull island, and right to the north is a rich metal spawn, a couple hundred meters or so I'd say.  Ended up expanding the bottom floor to 4x4x2, 2x4x2 for the second with an equal size porch, and adding a 2x4x2 third floor for my forge room.  13 forges working at the same time.  Also began the conversion to stone. 

Now, some of the bush people didn't like me flying over their tower to get metal.  That's too bad, a few grenades, a quick run through and I came home with several hundred cp, and they have a wrecked tower.  Yep, ai sucks but it gives a semblance of other people on here at least. 

Got a fabricator on a glass catwalk right above my smithy, built a genny, ind grill and now I need pearls to make electronics for fridges.  Went on a cp run and brought home a 130 wild rex, and managed a decent dilo, a compy, and a 150 parasaur in the middle of all of this.  Build a 3x3x6 on the side, and craft up the ind forge.   Had to use the ptera to put the top run of walls and the roof on, but I'm 90% stone construction, and now I can really burn metal.  I'm almost as far along with a base in 2 nights as I was in nearly a month with the old save.

Also had to build a small pen for the tames on the side.  They don't even have a trough as of yet, been way to busy rebuilding my base.  But, the pace is slowing again.  The conversion to metal slows things down considerably, plus I'm going to need a lot of CP now.  I wasn't planning on this being my permanent home, but proximity to most resources except oil, which is not that far out either, along with a good view right up the hill and ocean access means this will probably end up being my primary base.

So, this weeks plan is lots of CP, make up some more explosives, begin a metal turret wall, get some crops going, and see if I can creep toward that level 100.

Ok, so I have posted my ‘Im back!’ topic, so I guess I can share a story with you all, now that I have returned.

I won’t bore you all with the why, or the what, just about what happened on my return.

I logged in on Saturday after a few months out, the base was now over the river from our previous cliff base. I get a ‘Anarki is back’ comment from one of the other players – I liked that! My tribemate has been working hard and we are in a foundation stage but I didn’t want to start off the day getting to know the layout. I wanted to borrow a Raptor and check out the local cave and so, off we went.

POW, KABOOM, CLASH, SPANK! Ok, so dino’s don’t make those noises but I do when I’m on my mount attacking things! We worked our way through the cave of the Cunning (I’ve named it this due to the artefact that you get from the chest) farming chitin for our MC saddles we wanted to make for 2 of Pteras. Then we get distracted, a 145 Beetle. We were already wearing our gillies so that’s fine. We forget about the artefact and tame a pair of Beetles and return to base.

I then state that the Raptor was fine but I wanted my own Sabre as that is what my tribemate was using in the cave. Off to get a Sabre then… but again we get distracted and head off to the Redwoods in search of Beehive. We spot one, and this is the first attempt at getting a bee. It falls to the ground and my tribemate chases after it trying to feed it. Finally he gets it to feed (he wasn’t sure how it worked) but a Pego comes out of nowhere and upon his wild stab with his pike – he kills the bee, typical! He then chases the Pego off a cliff to his death!

Second time around after returning to get more repellent etc we are more successful but it takes an age flying the bee to the base only to discover when we are back that he could have moved it into his inventory – we really haven’t covered ourselves in glory so far today.

So, weve a pair of Beetles and a Bee, my tribemate is very happy but I’m not  - where is my Sabre! Ok, Ok, he says and he gets on his attack Argy and we fly over to half burnt island. We fly around a few times scanning on ongoing battles between Rexes, Scorpions, Sabres and Argys. After 20 mins we see a 145 male with nice dark colours – ‘he looks a winner’ I say and we drop down to clear the area. My tribemate clears out everything on his Argy and tells me I’m free to do the deed.

I drop down, and my tribemate bola’s the beast and I lay a couple of arrows into him using my longbow. ‘NO!’ the beast drops dead and I clench my fists as I realise I hadn’t switched arrows. The pressure of taming a best after a while away from ARK obviously got to me – n00b status already gained.

After apologising to my tribemate we spent another hr searching for a high lvl Sabre – nothing. I feel gutted, not only did we not get a good Sabre, I wasted about an hr and half of my tribemates time when he could have been progressing with the base – but at least we got him a pair of Beetles and a Bee.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, Pas said:

doing nothing atm waiting for launch hope they will wipe everything and all get a fresh start. kinda feel like wasting my time playing right now

You're wasting your time waiting for the wipe...

2 hours ago, Pas said:

doing nothing atm waiting for launch hope they will wipe everything and all get a fresh start. kinda feel like wasting my time playing right now

Kinda where I'm at, we still have our base and have just finished a batch of gigas but I can't be bothered to grind at the moment, waiting on some inspiration 

I've kinda fallen into collecting Sabers, I don't like them as a mount very much, but the new model is absolutely gorgeous, the new fall damage reduction is great fun, every other one I pick up seems to be a 145 or a 150, and with mutton so easy to come by it seems rude not to tame them up xD

Other than that I've got myself an Anky, a Doed, a Megatherium, a Megalania, Terrorbird, Frog and Direwolf, all 145 or 150's. I ripped up what I had put down of the castle and started instead building the exterior battlments. Pretty slow going considering the size of the plot I've decided to take and even with the Anky getting all the metal I need is slow going. Really need to get myself a Griffin and from there a Quetz, but I'm being snobbish and can't seem to find one high enough level for my tastes. Would also like to find myself a sturdy water mount, the oceans are tantalisingly inviting.

31 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You're wasting your time waiting for the wipe...

How can they not with all the duping insane bases wich cause lag(I know thats only a timely matter but atleast ppl worked for it). insane stats dino's being traded around for almost free cause they have little value anymore cause there are so many. At the very least they will launch with fresh clusters that are seperated from original ones so ppl wont have insane dino's from the start but that will ppl have to earn in the new state of the game. I'm pretty sure more ppl will play on the new clusters if they make it so. There is not much achievement in just getting great stat dino's for free instead of working for it in a game like this. And from a business point of view it makes no sence not to wipe anything they will gain less players from it if they dont. And for the loyalty towards current player they allrdy have your money. And from those players i'm pretty sure most will welcome a wipe also so much had changed.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
12 hours ago, Pas said:

How can they not with all the duping insane bases wich cause lag(I know thats only a timely matter but atleast ppl worked for it). insane stats dino's being traded around for almost free cause they have little value anymore cause there are so many. At the very least they will launch with fresh clusters that are seperated from original ones so ppl wont have insane dino's from the start but that will ppl have to earn in the new state of the game. I'm pretty sure more ppl will play on the new clusters if they make it so. There is not much achievement in just getting great stat dino's for free instead of working for it in a game like this. And from a business point of view it makes no sence not to wipe anything they will gain less players from it if they dont. And for the loyalty towards current player they allrdy have your money. And from those players i'm pretty sure most will welcome a wipe also so much had changed.

I'm sure that's all just speculation. (Especially the "duping insane bsaes which cause lag" portion, as just because they have big bases, doesn't mean they've duped)

The dino stats, are simply bred dinos, and if you weren't fast enough to get into it, then who are you to try and make out they are giving them for free. If they want something, urgently, then the actual 'value' of something, will be defeated.

You know, when people sell their car and they're looking for 1500, yet they sell it for 900 because they just need it gone, and need the cash. Same thing.

Supply and Demand. They need something, and they are willing to pay whatever they have, for whatever they need.

Seriously though, to make out that you're not going to build anything until there is a wipe, is simply leaving yourself open to being heartbroken when they don't, and those who did do what they needed to, will further out step you.

I didnt get on ARK last night as I just want to take it easy and not overdo it like last time. I will get on for a few hrs later, and Ill be attempting to get my first high lvl Ptera since returning. I want a breeding line.

On a positive note - its good to see you all being relaxed about the possible wipe. I dont mind starting all over again, as I have just found out now - its quite refreshing even though I had a huge base with nearly every dino I ever needed.

I guess I havent properly restarted as I was still lvl 77 and had the tribes new base just to start off in.

Oh well, time will tell. But if they do, they do, and I for one will still play the game.

I had a frustrating time last night. I took out our Carno to harvest some meat and things were going quite nicely when... a Pegomastix took my water jar - which is fine, its just a water jar. I proceeded to chase it down and have a few chomps on its tail. After a few chomps Im thiking this must be a 150 Pego. After a few more chomps Im thinking my Carno must have poor melee (which to be honest is poor at only 310%). I chase this thing chomping for a few more minutes and I run out of Stamina (which is poor at 900). I kept my eye on the little buggar and when my stam had regenerated I went on the offensive again. Chomp, chomp, chomp. Again and again and again. Either my Carno has lost some teeth or there is a bug here?

I was not going to let this go without reclaiming my water jar now - its just the principle of the thing. 

Finally, after what is definitely close to 7 minutes, it finally goes down and I claim a hard fought victory against this Superbred Pegomastix. 

Has anyone else suffered the same frustrating issue of trying to kill a Pego?

15 minutes ago, Anarki said:

I had a frustrating time last night. I took out our Carno to harvest some meat and things were going quite nicely when... a Pegomastix took my water jar - which is fine, its just a water jar. I proceeded to chase it down and have a few chomps on its tail. After a few chomps Im thiking this must be a 150 Pego. After a few more chomps Im thinking my Carno must have poor melee (which to be honest is poor at only 310%). I chase this thing chomping for a few more minutes and I run out of Stamina (which is poor at 900). I kept my eye on the little buggar and when my stam had regenerated I went on the offensive again. Chomp, chomp, chomp. Again and again and again. Either my Carno has lost some teeth or there is a bug here?

I was not going to let this go without reclaiming my water jar now - its just the principle of the thing. 

Finally, after what is definitely close to 7 minutes, it finally goes down and I claim a hard fought victory against this Superbred Pegomastix. 

Has anyone else suffered the same frustrating issue of trying to kill a Pego?

I believe this has to do with the carno hitbox, when running after a pego (which do has high health for a little pest :) ), the carno's aoe isn't very large so it could be you where not actually hitting it.

Good that you killed the thief, karma is a thing in ark :) 

Tamed a pair of 150 horsies. Don't like them very much, but a pair was hard to resist. Would of been a lot smoother if I didn't keep being a fat fingered eejit and kept jumping off their backs when they were jumping and I thought they were bucking. The male was determined he was going to run straight into the Wyvern Trench, and the female kept wanting to be in the water! Got em in the end though.