So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

As I said earlier, our unofficial got wiped last week so back to square one. Though, we did pretty well over the weekend.

If you've read the post on the last page, I decided to not leave my tribe. Pr left on his own. 

Friday started off pretty slow as I was on my own, waiting for T to get her bum up and start Ark. I convinced her pretty quickly though. 

P turned up shorty after that. The last night he got three ascendant fishing rods from one of our admins. We wanted to tame a Quetzal but we had no means to, only primitive rifle and tranq darts. We sat down on hidden lake and did fish for about 2 hours until we got a mastercraft rifle BP, and crafted one. 

We had another problem, the only flier we have is a Pelagornis and no way to pick him up. I went out to find a Pteranodon and quickly found a 130 and tamed this fella. Back home P prepared some crafting to get a few passive levels on the Ptera. 

And off we went. Last night he already saw a level 25 circling around the hidden lake. We tamed this one and did a quick metal run to get an industrial forge going asap. 

Saturday was the day all of us didn't do much. P had a barbecue after work and I haven't seen him at all. T didn't feel well the first half of the day and had a date later, so we only spoke for about 2 hours in the morning. I had not much time either, so nothing really changed in and around our base. 

Sunday, I've been on early and wen into the Redwoods cave to level myself from 88 to at least above 90 for the chem bench - ended up as 96 so I went hunting for biotoxin. Yay shock darts on a MC rifle, awesome. 

T had a bad hangover from her party last night so she turned on around noon at the earliest along with P. I flew around the map for two hours to see if I can spot something remotely useful to tame. Did see a 115 Yuty but I decided to not try to tame this guy. Don't even know how, with him scaring my defense away. Nothing for the rest of my journey. Almost home just along the treeline I finally saw something great - a 150 male Therizino. I yelled at T to get her rifle out - that I've finally found something. 

We tamed this guy as well and finished our weekend with some more fishing and some nice BPs along. More for me to sort today. 

Edited by maze

Bred my first raptor and now I'm babysitting it. I turned the maturing slider all the way up and after 10 or more hours it still only is at 30%. Really? All I do is meatruns to keep it fed. I even restarted to play another game because I got bored. I won't be breeding a second one after this, It just takes way to much time (I probably should have looked a few things up before starting breeding). It does look cute tho ;)

Another day on Ragnorok, another high level predator drops by to say hello xD

Logged in and flew out on the Ptera to grab some bits and pieces, I'm up to Fabricator level now, the advancements are about to become real, but needed to build one first. So I flew out and just above the entrance to my cave was a 140 female Scorpion, easy tame so I took her down, then heard loud footsteps below me. Peeked over the ledge and there was a Rex right outside the entrance to my cave. Spyglassed it and it was another 150! Decided that this time I'd tame it, so swooped down on the Ptera and led him off down the beach. After a bit of cat and mouse I managed to get him into an area behind a dino skeleton, where he was repeatedly getting stuck on things trying to turn, and I had a plethora of ledges to shoot at him from. Flying back to craft up some more arrows and a death message came through for the scorpion, but saying he was killed, and not what by. So went to take a look and had to laugh, there were two Kentro's next to the corpse. Never mind, harvested her up for the chitin, and flew down into the cave. Seconds later and I was under attack! One of the Kentros had followed me home! Stoopid things. It went after the turtle, and the Allos ate it up. It was a lvl 90 and I considered taming it up as base defence, but the Rex was a higher priority and I let it die.

Tranqs crafted and back over to the Rex. All went very well, as I suspected he kept getting caught on stuff as he tried to get at me on my cliff top, then when he ran he got caught on the giant rib cage, and down he went. After a brief set to with some pesky Pegos, it was over to Scotland to grab some mutton. Hung around over there for a bit and had a mooch at some places I hadn't looked at yet and then back to feed up Rexy, and viola!

On my way back home, it was night time, and I glimpsed the tell tale shine of some Silica Pearls at the east end of Viking Bay, as well as an absolute ton of metal all over the rocks, so once Rexy was safely back in the cave, I headed over. Realised that I am now able to make a Carno saddle, so I get her fitted up and took her out for her first proper run. Grabbed around 600 Pearls without any drama apart from one Megalodon, and back home to craft up Electronics and Polymer. Next stage is to get a generator up and running, and at least one teleporter pad and remote teleporter crafted up so that I can make a start on my chosen spot for my castle.

As a by the by, I'm using Eco's Scorched Earth Deco mod. It might seem an odd choice considering the desert isn't yet implemented on Ragnorok yet, however it offers three very useful things for early game. The Crafting Cabin, which is a lovely little shack, and has 200 storage slots that I've been using to store all my gathered things. The Ice Box, which prolongs spoiling times that I've been using to keep meat, berries and stuff in until I can get some fridges up and running, and the Outhouse, which is a structure that acts like a dung beetle, which has allowed me to be getting plenty of oil and fertilizer from day one. I'd highly recommend this mod for players starting on any map on single player. Together with building all my smithy, forges and stuff on a raft, I haven't had to place a single foundation since I moved into the cave, and therefore haven't blocked any resource spawns, or the spawning of any of the Salmon that live in the cave that I'm going to use to get myself a Pelegornis. My aim on this play through is to try not to have masses of dinos around for eggs, and to instead tame using Mutton, Prime Fish and Crops where-ever possible, since the map itself with its plenty of wild Ovis and naturally growing crops makes that eminently feasible.

Edited by Kraken

Today I mostly tamed all the things!

Well, not quite, but I did nab an awful lot of things. Started out by heading over to see if the beached whales had respawned for some free spoiled meat and oil (they hadn't, does anyone know how often they do?) and when en route spotted an Allo chilling on the side of a cliff. 150 female. Yes please! She wasn't going anywhere, and I had to deal with another couple of Allos on the beach first. After my experience with them the other day, decided to play it safe and lead them away on the Ptera rather than engage. Too a bit of finagling but managed to get them far enough up the beach to not pose a risk and playing in the water with a couple of sharks. That done it was time to take the old girl down, and she didn't make life easy! Ducking and weaving, constantly moving, half my shots missing, she managed to climb up and nibble me a couple of times. Thank goodness for my shiny new flak armour! Three times she started running only to have me scrambing back onto the Ptera in the nick of time when she turned back on the offensive. When she did start running for real, typically it was straight into the water. Managed to steer her from the air though and back onto land, and down she went. While waiting for her to starve before heading off for mutton, decided to see if there was anything else I could use the surfuit of mutton on. A nearby 140 female Ptera fit the bill, down she went, then just up the beach a 145, also female. Why not, bola'd and tranqed her half way up a cliff. Bit of time to kill and back to the cave to unload some crap, and got into a fight with a low level Argent, then a 145 joined in. I'm close now to being able to learn the saddle so thought why not! Didn't quite work out though, I got it to follow me into the cave for a safe take down, but I'd damaged it too much in the proceeding fight and my arrows killed it. Never mind. Back outside and there's another Argent, a 135 this time. Ok, I'll have that instead, again lured into the cave and shot it down, but he landed in the water and was going to drown, so piked him for the XP instead. Then off to Scotland to slaughter a sheep, finished up the tames and led my merry band home. A couple of Hyaenodons had found their way to my cave entrance, the Alpha was a 145, but couldn't be bothered to attempt an annoying tame for something I won't use, so let the new Allo munch it, unfortunately aggroing a Dimorph at the same time, and causing a clusterraptor as a flock of them attacked us all. I had to run inside and get the Carno to finish them all off. Examining my new charges, one of the Pteras came out with great health, and the other with great melee, but really bad health and terrible weight. Interesting, I may have to get a better male and do some breeding. The Allo too had some decent stats, health especially.

Needing to craft up some more tranq arrows, I realised that I haven't yet replaced Gary the Trike, and had to get berries with one of the turtles xD So new mission, find a Trike. I know there's a couple of 135's around, but I'm pretty sure I've spotted a 150 somewhere. So back out on one of the new Pteras, the high melee one. Up above my cave there's 2 140 male carnos. I did consider nabbing one of them, but decided the levels on my Ptera was a better option. With such low health it took quite a few healing stops but managed to deal with them one by one. Also got the attention of another 135 Argent, so here we go again. Led into cave, bish bash bosh, and result, got this one down on a ledge. Back out on the Trike hunt and straight into a 150 argent! You're coming with me! Into the cave and again down on the ledge, nice. With all the comings and goings I seem to have accumulated a herd of brontos outside my cave. Normally they'd get on my nerves, but with all the bad hombres around I'm happy to have them there as a meat shield. I also have a pair of Doeds that have dropped down, one a 130, and a 145. That'll have to wait for another day though, I need a Trike. I find the 135's I knew of, so they're options, but heading a little further afield, and after finding the entrance to a dark and scary deep cave that I'll have to explore at some point, I finally find a 145 Trike on the edge of the jungle close to where I tamed my Carno. Area cleared and down he went after employing the old shoot through a bunch of trees tactic, then on the way back to base, randomly looked at the level on a Ptera, a 150. Thank you kindly. Down she went and back over to Scotland for some more mutton for the Argents and the new Ptera. Getting back home and the Bronto meat shield is doing me proud taking on a Rex, an Allo pack, and a couple of Sabers. Argents tamed and mutton on the Ptera, berries and narcs on the Trike and time to make some advancements. Crafted up a genny and a meat dehydrator, and finally I have enough mats for a teleport pad and remote, so at least that'll make getting back to base a lot quicker. Checking the tribe log and I see the Ptera's tamed so went to grab her and Tp'd home, but I did note the position of a 135 Anky on the way there. Game on then, I've got an Anky and a Doed in my sights, but sod three hour tames, I need to get some dilo kibbles made, so quick got a crop plot made up and stuck on top of a nearby rock pillar with citronal planted up, and once the Trike finished up that was that for the day.

Edited by Kraken

Tested an idea of using a taming raft with a bins/bed for fast taming using mutton.

Ported to ragnarok NE and killed a sheep to get the mutton, uploaded at a drop and ported straight back to my raft on the previous server with preserving bins ready and placed mutton in that.

It only took 10-15mins to find a nice high level argi, train it to my waiting raft and tamed it using mutton.

With Ragnarok and server transfers, taming any predator is now done in a matter of minutes.

Then logged off knowing that while this makes taming meat eaters more fun, its still all for nothing until the alpha cross server wiping is addressed.

48 minutes ago, BroJob said:

Tested an idea of using a taming raft with a bins/bed for fast taming using mutton.

Ported to ragnarok NE and killed a sheep to get the mutton, uploaded at a drop and ported straight back to my raft on the previous server with preserving bins ready and placed mutton in that.

It only took 10-15mins to find a nice high level argi, train it to my waiting raft and tamed it using mutton.

With Ragnarok and server transfers, taming any predator is now done in a matter of minutes.

Then logged off knowing that while this makes taming meat eaters more fun, its still all for nothing until the alpha cross server wiping is addressed.

Did the mutton spoil at all while uploaded? Just curious

Decided to abandon my single player game, and install Ragnarok on my server. So uploaded all my dinos and my character, bid farewell to the meager belongings in my cave, and tried to get my server up. Long story short, it wouldn't bloody work. For some reason certain combinations of mods which absolutely should not conflict were preventing the server from starting up. Tried everything I could for 3 days on the bounce to try and get it going with everything I wanted but no joy. Eventually in exasperation I got another server with another host, for half the price of my old one, with a far better interface and support, and with every mod I want it works fine. So bye bye old server, and hello new one. So far only downloaded my armour, weapons, tools and one of my Argents, and I've started clearing the area that I've settled on to build my castle. All been going well, it's a pretty hairy area, but I've only really had trouble with a single Argent, it was a 145 female that I wouldn't have minded taming, but not got enough tranq arrows yet and the bugger caught me by surprise, so had to do away with her. Need to get a bit of a shack built and a Doedic and Anky tamed up.

Edited by Kraken

nothing. I play primitive plus and that is all messed up since the latest update. Lost all my learned engrams ans got no level points in return, so basically I can't craft anything anymore, not even a pickaxe. I hope they fix it soon (didn't log in today to check).

On a funny note... last time I logged in, I found a baby dodo in my pen that was not there before. A fertilized egg must have dropped and stayed at the right temperature all the time. Hatched an almost grown up before I even noticed O.o. My 7 year old kid was the first to spot it. He said "look mom you got a new dodo!" and I was like "no way" :D

Today I went down to the Redwoods on The Center to get some sap and some honey, also to fly around and fill in the last bit of my map.

I didn't get the achievement (Maybe because it's The Center) but I did come back with shed loads of honey, two Queen Bees, the tree sap, a male and female pair of 145 Terror Birds and a 150 Thyla; not a bad haul, although it took me hours longer than I originally intended lol! Really enjoyed my little session today though, was very successful for me!

Framerate is deffos smoother around base now as well; GG Wildcard!

I took advantage of the 2x weekend and Raise a giga egg, 4 Therazinos, 2 kentro, and 2 quetz eggs. Got TWIN Gigas one male one female both starting level 228 Hp 19k Melee 257% i was VERY happy to say the least. kentros Came out with good stats and my quetz one male one female level 224 and 221. Over all an amazing day.. all out of baby stage so time for me to get some sleep Set alarm for every 3.5 hours ugggh.. Thankfully my daughter can imprint while im at work the rest of the week..

5 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

nothing. I play primitive plus and that is all messed up since the latest update. Lost all my learned engrams ans got no level points in return, so basically I can't craft anything anymore, not even a pickaxe. I hope they fix it soon (didn't log in today to check).

On a funny note... last time I logged in, I found a baby dodo in my pen that was not there before. A fertilized egg must have dropped and stayed at the right temperature all the time. Hatched an almost grown up before I even noticed O.o. My 7 year old kid was the first to spot it. He said "look mom you got a new dodo!" and I was like "no way" :D

I read on a previous post that you can Transfer your toon to different servers and eventually could take one could take 5 tries it will get your engrams back took my friend 2 servers but he got them all back no problem..

Lost my adolescent giga assumingly to starve lag. Server down all day. Giga dead despite food in inventory and next to full troughs. Then couldn't play properly for the next 14 hours and the server was constantly rubber banding and booting everyone out. It was a good business decision to host the servers in Syria!