So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

The Bunny Adventures continue:

Yesterday evening we tamed a 48 Giga \0/

My girlfriend piloted our Quetzal, and we went out scouting for one. Took us roughly 20 minutes of flying till we spotted a level 48 female Giga on top of one of the mountains.
Our plan was to lure it into a trap and put it down. So we started circling around it, and I shot it with my crossbow to get it to follow us.
Because of a server hiccup, the Giga lagged out and suddenly jumped upwards, killing me with a single bite.......

So respawning into the base, jumping on our pink flamingo, I flew back to where I died.
Girlfriend managed to collect my gear in the meanwhile and we started our construction of steel gates with a giant bear trap inside.
We then lured the Giga inside, locking it by quickly placing the final gate as it was locked in the trap.

200 tranquilizer darts later the thing went down and we started pumping narcotics in it with Mouton meat.

Our base is now guarded by a 48 female Giga called Tiamat.

Edited by Olivar

I created a new char and started fresh on a 120 player notame server. Wow what a difference. Really feels like a survival game instead of halo with OP dinos.

Built a small thatch hut on top of a 100ft high rock/platform. Built ladders and a decking area for my crop patch and firepit. Next i spent a few hours gathering seeds and as much as my own poop as i could squeeze out lol.

Right now i have a little crop garden growing citronals and narco berries. I also have decking area with table and chairs next to my fire where i can cook my meat and admire a gorgeous view out across the river. 

I already have my metal tools and crossbow and even got a longneck in a drop. I built a basic dino trap out of spikes and killed my first Rex with it.

Hopefully somebody wont C4 my little base when im at work lol.

Next steps will be to build a raft and explore. Although i need to be careful as there r a poop load of pirates using metal rafts and cannons.

I wish i had tried this server before. Feels like the way ARK should be played.

We had an incident on our Iso server yesterday (brought on by ourselves through carelessness). S logged in and told me all of her things were gone, including her smithy and refinery forge. Her animals were fine though. I said it sounded like someone had taken her stuff, which shouldn't happen as we're only real life friends on the servers and while the servers are PvPvE servers, no PvP has taken place yet (and only those that want to will participate, all others are off limits). I asked her to check my base and she did. All my animals were dead except for my terror bird and all my things were gone or destroyed. Our bases were intact though, but it was clear that someone had offline raided us, so I asked her to check the tribelog, and sure enough, there it was. A guy on a tropical crystal wyvern had killed my animals, including my passive horse and wyvern (how he missed the terror bird is a mystery) and destroyed all our things. So, we did what we've talked about earlier but not done yet and locked the server and did a rollback. So, lesson learned and while offline raiding is a douchey move, I don't blame the guy. This was totally on us.

In happier news, I've finally got a bary with 40+ levels in a stat. A 145-male who ended up with 43 levels in weight and I know it's not super great, but considering my amazing lack of luck with taming these guys, I'll take it! I would have settled for just getting 40 levels, so those three extra ones made me very happy.

The anky breeding is also going forward and I've now started to try and create the natural coloured ankys that I've been aiming for. I have a bit more to go, but we're getting there. In the meantime, I want to find better stats, especially after reading about the insane ankys that some people has managed to breed. It never ends, does it? xD 

Downloaded and checked out Ragnorok, and woah boy, I think this is where I'll be playing for long foreseeable future, an absolutely stunning map, even in its current incomplete state. Spawned in a Griffin and had a fly around to see what's what, then killed him off, killed myself and started from scratch. Even just being on the beach on Viking Coast is a challenge. Did the usual starter things, found a safe-ish area, tried to avoid the Pego's and the Dilos, tamed up a couple of the latter, they died, I died, everyone died xD Reached Parasaur saddle level, had a 150 near to my base, bola'd and tried to punch him down, but the bola wore off and off he ran, went charging after him all the way up the beach, finally got him up against a cliff and ko'd trapped between some rocks, and just as he went down a lvl 140 Allo came charging over and chomped me and him. Never mind, there was a 135 Para hanging around as well, got him down next to a cliff and taming was going well, at over 90%, went to craft up some building supplies for a minute and turned and to see a Trike and some Dilos having a set too next to him and he died as well. Bugger. Had to settle for a lvl 15 and a lvl 20 just to have something to make berry gathering a bit easier. An Argent decided to pay my shack a visit, had to strip down and lead it away up the coast. Got to boomerang crafting and felt the need for something a bit tanky, so went for a lvl 130 Turtle. Trying to get him down and got blindsided by some of his friends, but persevered and managed to get him down and tamed up. By now I'm up to Smithy level, so the search for metal begins. Headed off along the coast on a Para and lots of little metal nodes are there for the harvesting. My Para fell to a gang of Dilos, including a 145, they got me as well, so grabbed the Turtle and went to get my stuff back, killed the low level dilos and tamed up the 145, and finally a decent level Para, a 95. Left the turtle there and worked my way further along the coast almost to blue obelisk without much more drama before heading back. Found a crossbow in some of the washed up boxes and now I can make Tranq arrows, so back to base, and time to tame something that can do some damage. There's a 130 Trike that's been tromping around my base so he'll do nicely, but as I head out to get him a 145 Turtle literally cuts me off, so decided to get her as well. Got her down and taming, then standing atop a cliff I snipe the Trike, all going well and he starts to run so I go chasing after him thinking that it's because his torpor is high, but he'd double bluffed me and turned around and took me out the sneaky bugger XD. Respawned and back to the top of the cliff, one arrow and this time he is running for realsies, managed to ko him just as he entered some deep water, but luckily not deep enough to drown him. So my little crew is getting there, 2 nice high level tanky turtles, a nice Trike who does a fair amount of damage and that glorious knock back, the Dilo guard dog, a decent and a crappy Para, and the obligatory couple of dodo to poop me up some lovely eggs, hide armour, metal tools, and that'll do for the day. Next up is to head out and see where I want to settle down. I can see the Castle from my little thatch shack, and I'd love to head up there, but I think that's going to need a Ptera. I know there's a pack of Allos just up the coast the way I'd have to go led by that 140, and I really don't want to tangle with them any time soon!

11 minutes ago, Relish said:

Well, someone gave us a gift... So responsibility...

So what did I do on Ark... Didn't sleep.

Yay.

That's the one thing I don't miss. haha. I planned to hatch a ptera the next day once it was about 5%. Sadly I wasn't paying attention and right when I got back it hatched.. Had to stay up til 3am and wake up at 6am,9am, etc throughout the night/day. Imprinting haha. 3 weeks later it was killed by server hoppers.. Then our base got wiped the next day by a new tribe. I logged on and my raft had a gap in it and my bird was gone. Somehow I lived but I kept my stuff on my favorite bird, rip.

Apparently I prepared to leave my tribe to start off as a lone ranger. Maybe I'll take P with me, I know him for years and played with him since release. 

tl;dr

I'm sick of being in charge of everyone as the tribe owner plus building is on me all the time. 

long version

P and me, we used to play on an unofficial for about a year (since release of The Center). The server did wipe itself for quite a few times, sure it's annoying. We started new every single time, switching back and forth between The Island and The Center. 

In the end, the server owner decided to keep the server offline due to losing people and his own interest in the console version (he's on PC now). 

We, P and me, played some different games and eventually wanted to go back to Ark. For some reason he had a friend in his list that owned a second console as a server to host Ark on. 

We were so excited to start over on a new server, make friends and 'waste' more time playing the most time consuming game ever played. 

So we joined and did the noob stuff you do when starting fresh. About a week later we were offered to merge with the alpha tribe. We did that and had a good time. They then decided to abandon their base in south jungle and move to volcano island, which was a great opportunity for the two of us - we had no clue where to find anything in their base. 

Said and done, T did build another huge base on the volcano island, pretty lange rooms, clear and organized.

We have a rule on our server, that each tribe can have a port for water dinos. P and I used that rule to our advantage and build our own little haven. 

Everything went fine for about two month, then we got the update with those Thylacoleos and whatnot, not on The Center though. T convinced us to switch to The Island and we gave in to her begging. 

M left the server on that occasion, so it was up to the three of us. I went in and created our tribe and that was the day I became the one in charge for everything. Not a bad choice for the duration of us being on The Island. I had a week off of work and plenty of time building our new home. 

We went as far as we could with everything like ~40 boss Rexes, mutated Therizinos and Tapejaras, a vault filled with element and then - the server data corrupted. 

A sad day we had. We went back to The Center and started from scratch in hopes for the other save to un-corrupt on the next patch. I again started to build a new house - bigger and better than the last one.

What a bad idea that was. It took about four evenings after work to finish the exterior. I did not go anywhere in those four days. That's where it began to get stale and boring to be who I was at that point. However, the others did a great job in doing what I didn't. 

We recruited Pr into our tribe and he also did very well. Two or three days later he confronted me why we have an admin area (filled with all the goods, fridges, ACs and so on) that he can't open, also he can't demolish or unclaim. I told him that we have to be careful with what we allow new members to do or see.

Anyways, I knew him for a while already. He was a lone one back on The Island, we traded and did fun things together. That's the main reason we decided to recruit him in the first place. I gave him admin rights and he didn't abuse them - good. 

Two weeks into making ourselves a home, the server crashed again. Day one one the respawn screen. Day one and no character creation screen? All characters and buildings are still there, but the structures were 'unclaimed' so to speak, no tamed dinos around and all strorage was empty. The tribe manager still showed all activity though. 

There was nothing left to do. Either delete one or the other save. Our host deleted the Island save and there we are, back at square one yet again on The Island. 

I've been pretty much forced to build again and Pr and T are doing whatever they are doing. I haven't even had time to invite P into the tribe due to conflicting work schedules. I met him last night and we talked for hours on end. 

We will leave the two and do our own thing. 

It's not about me having to build all day long. It's more about Pr being suspicious about what I do and how much progress I make when I'm online, T doesn't get it that I'm not in love with her (we live in the same city, tho we never met each other), I'm about 10 years older and live a completely different lifestyle. 

It's simply not what it used to be 3-4 month ago. 

So, if anyone of you reads this - I would've told you personally. But that's how life is - harsh and unforgiving. 

---

on a side note, where's @Cymas? I miss reading your stories. :'(

Edited by maze

@maze

Aww, thank you. I'm glad people enjoy my stories.

Honestly, I just haven't been playing Ark much recently. I don't think I've logged in at all since Sunday now that I think about it. As much as I enjoy this game, it will always be a low priority in my life. One of the main reasons I don't play PVP. ;) I guess I could see if there's a general discussion thread about what people did outside Ark, I'll tell ya I've got some stories this week lol, they just aren't game related.

20 minutes ago, Cymas said:

@maze

Aww, thank you. I'm glad people enjoy my stories.

Honestly, I just haven't been playing Ark much recently. I don't think I've logged in at all since Sunday now that I think about it. As much as I enjoy this game, it will always be a low priority in my life. One of the main reasons I don't play PVP. ;) I guess I could see if there's a general discussion thread about what people did outside Ark, I'll tell ya I've got some stories this week lol, they just aren't game related.

Yeah, i get that, i love reading your adventures to, but aswell as you, i'm bound to another life aswell :(

i play sp now because i can't play on regular base anymore. 

Well this happened two days ago; I hope you don't mind.

Two friends and I are on a Tethered/Local server.  At this point we are just entering our Metal age and we have firearms, but we are in desperate need of metal for ammo.  The host finds a cave with a relic inside...  You would think we decided to collect the metal first and then go into the cave.  The host goes "No, trust me dude we got this".  We enter the cave with hide/chitin armor, crossbows, and pikes.  We see 2 or 3 Dilophosaurs and the host goes "I'll stay back with the torch, if I die you two will teleport away with me".  We kill one... and suddenly it was World War Dilo.  We ended up killing 20 Dilo's after the two of us die at least 6 times each.  We reach an open part of the cave where the relic lies and we see more Dilos and a couple Bats.  "I think we should leave and bring guns, the Bats are probably going to mess us up" i said.  "There's only two, we'll be fine" the host said.  There we not only two.  There were SO many. We die again.  We come back, there's no way we can kill of them, but I have 140% movement speed so I'm thinking I could run in, grab the loot, and run out.  That did not happen; I run in, get spit in my eyes, trip off a cliff into lava.  *Sizzle*.  We're all almost completely dehydrated. The host and the other player are running to the exit as I repeatedly get shat on by Bats and Dilos.  They get out and ran frantically to the beach; the host makes it to the water but the other player dies from dehydration.. as his burnt corpse stumbles forward into the water.

Long story short; we enter a cave decked out with armor, pikes, and crossbows ready for war.  We exit the cave running, screaming, and naked.

Edited by gimo

As off right now i aint done jack on ark but i do plan on going back on my solo game and turning herb island or islands into one biodome with a mixture of herbs and carnivores and some amphibious and water creatures too which pretty much means i'm gonna be making out my oxygen or sticking infinite stats on while i build a huge arse perimeter around the island using behemoth gates and pillars lots and lots of pillars.

The trouble i put myself through.

Day 2 on Ragnorok. Took the Trike out down the coastal way that I've already been, but this time heading inland a bit and exploring a few of the paths and waterways. Found an amazing sort of open cavern with a river running through it, lovely flat areas, beautiful scenery. A potential base location. Carried on though the meandering rivers, had to double back on myself when I spotted a flock of Theris. Started seeing a few Carnos, made short work of a couple of them on the Trike, and then decided that even though I'm a few levels away from being able to craft the saddle, if I did happen to see a decent level one I'd take the time and tame it. Having decided that, very next one I see is a 145 xD So I tranq him down from the back of the Trike. Daft bugger doesn't even try and fight, pretty much runs straight away into a river. I keep tranqing him in the hoipes that he'll eventually work his way out, but instead he falls unconscious fully submerged, but no matter, his O2 doesn't drop, so it's all good. Stuck some meat on him, and quickly tamed up a Phiomia that was wandering nearby both because I need me a poop pig, and to act as a marker for where the Carno is. Needed to get some Prime to speed things up so worked my way inland a bit and started killing Stegos. Slow going, there were plenty of Brontos around but all so close to one another that taking one on would be suicide. After offing 10 or so Stegs, I finally hit the jackpot, a Diplo dropped down the hill, and one of the Brontos wandered far enough away from the group for me to risk it, they gave me enough meat, and apart from a brief scare where I came back from killing a Stego to find a Carno next to my Carno, he tamed up alright. Not the best levels being a mix of Prime and raw meat tamed, but he'll do as a base defender. Taking the Carno and the piggy home, I came across a bounty from the depths, a beached Megalodon, and when I harvested the corpse I actually got 2 Prime Fish Meat from it, the first time I've ever got Prime Fish from a Shark! Hmmm, what to do with it, well there's always gulls around my base so decided to try and get a low level one, luckily there was one walking around on a rock, a lvl 20 female, so she was a nice easy ko. Thought it was going to be a quick tame, and then realised I had the taming calculator open on Pelagornis. I had my Ornis' mixed up, and even this lvl 20 was going to take 40 odd minutes! Bloody hell, the 2 Prime fish I had already weren't going to speed that up much, more Prime Fish needed! At the entrance to that Cavern I'd explored earlier I'd spotted some Salmon, so decide to craft up a sickle and quick pop over there on a Para and grab some. Got there and found them alright, but then after luring one to the edge and Sickling it, I found I couldn't get out of the water, the shoal murdered me, though I took a fair few of them with me. Respawned, topped up the Gulls torpor and quick headed over on the other Para to recover my body, I'd managed to grab another 4 Prime Fish before they'd finished me off so that would have to do. Abandoned one Para and raced back on the other to the bird, and just in time, as I opened the inventory she was on 1.7 torpor, and by the time I realised and reacted and got the Narcs on, less than 1! I got her though. Also decided that since there are so many pesky Pegos around I may as well tame one or two up for eggs for a Pelagornis, and in case I do want to get a higher level Gull, so went and tried to get a lvl 50 female, she ran up the coast where I'd been murdered by that Allo pack, so I was a bit wary about following her, but thankfully no predators bigger than a Dilo to be seen, and I got her trapped in a crevase and tamed up.

Now I realise that I'm Level 34... That means one thing... One more level until Ptera saddle! Off I go hunting for a decent level one. There's a couple of 90's, a couple of 95's. Not really worth trying for anything under 100. So I go the other way along the coast. 20's, 50's, nothing at all special. Frustrated I start to head back home, when a Ptera literally flies straight into me, and gets stuck under my Trikes head, check the level, 145! That'll do veeeeery nicely. Bola and Tranq, and off with the Gull to turn some Dodos into Prime meat. All going swimmingly, then as I return with my latest batch of Prime right next to my tame I see 2 Pteras stuck in trees, one's just a little lvl 15, the other one... Isn't a Ptera, it's a bloody Argent! Not even thinking I whip out the cross bow and start unloading in its face, It tries to flee but can't it's well and truly stuck, few more arrows and it dies, it was a 130. Poop. Ages before I could ride it but that would have been very nice. Still, my Ptera tames up fine, and now I can go and explore the map, and as I do I realise how precarious the relative safety of my little beach is. You really don't have to go far to start seeing masses of Allo packs, Rex's, scorps, argents, raptors... As if to hammer home that as I return to base there's a melee as something attacks my guys, a 140 Raptor. Easily dealt with, but I'm starting to think that I need to move, and sharpish.

So I head out with the dual purpose of finding somewhere to make base proper, and to find crystal for a Spyglass. I finally found crystal in a ruined building in a lake, but no joy on the potential base place because there's just soooooo many gorgeous spots, and not many of them are what I would particularly call welcoming! I only went one way though, so I'll check the other direction tomorrow, although I don't think I'll find much more joy that way as it's the Volcano, Scotland and its Gigas, and the Redwoods.

I returned home at the end for one more shock, some predator ran past my shack chasing a Para, thankfully ignoring all my tames. I wasn't entirely sure what it was so I followed on the Ptera, then had to quickly make a U-turn as I realised it was a Megalosaurus! Thank goodness I didn't get too close otherwise that would of been the end of my hard earned bird. Tomorrow I have to either move, or seriously reinforce my base.

Took a fly around the map to glory in its wonder! Discovered the beached Basilosaurs, found a couple of nice small caves, raided a Beaver house for some pearls and CP, found an artifact in a wicked cool location, and discovered where there's some good reserves of Crystal and Obsidian without too much danger. Also earmarked a couple of potential base locations. I've downloaded the Castles, Keeps and Forts mod and I'm determined to build a castle, but it has to look right and fit in where I build it, so only a couple of places have really caught my eye. One on the west coast on a bluff with a water vein that I could incorporate into the build, close to the snow, painted canyon and Swamp, and one near to the dense jungle next to a beautiful double waterfall that I could potentially build a nice couple of bridges over. The castle stuff is super expensive though, and needs loads of raw metal and atm I just have no way of gathering and transporting it. So for now I'll stay where I am on the edge of Viking Bay, but I've started getting a wall up for protection. Got paid a visit by a 135 Carno, and a 120 Argent, and tamed up a 150 and a 145 Dilos that were wandering close by, again using the Ichthy for Prime.

Edit: So it turns out there's a big safe cave just up the cove from where I was set up. I've started flying full pelt into every waterfall I see and boom! There it was. A little bit further into Rex, Allo and Argent territory than I'd like for general gathering atm seeing as I'm sans Anky and Doed, but I'm totally safe inside the cave itself (even though a Terrorbird did try and hitch a lift inside it on my raft xD)

Edited by Kraken

So I thought thiscave was going to a safe place. I was very, very wrong! 

Headed out on the Ptera after logging into grab some metal, and there was a 145 Scorpion right outside. Oooh, nice, I'll tame her. Should have been a straight forward takedown if it wasn't for getting jumped by 3 Pegos at once, one of which took my tranq arrows. Crap. Chased after the little bleeders on the ptera and killed 2 of them, but of course it was the wrong 2, so back home to craft more arrows, got the Scorp down finally and tamed up, and took her on a quick dilo and dodo killing levelling trip. Then back out on the ptera and exploring a little bit behind where the cave is. Worringly I saw a lot of Allos and an Alpha Raptor, and just hoped that they wouldn't work their way down to the beach. No such luck. After another metal grabbing trip I saw the tell tale glow of the Raptor mere yards from the cave entrance.  Dammit, I was going to have to deal with it, so in I swooped. Bloody hell, lvl 100, this is going to take forever. It did, I had to stop for stamina and healing about 7 times, but finally managed to get it down. 7 levels on the Ptera, 8 for me, a Mastercraft Crossbow, JM Hide helmet and about 50 Prime. That'll do nicely. Not wanting to waste the Prime I went looking for something to take down with my fancy new X-Bow. Opportunity struck when I found another cave, just behind my own cave in a canyon, high up in the wall, as I was flying out I spied a lvl 50 Allo in sniping distance, and after a quick scout I saw that he was all alone. Bargain. Took him out from the mouth of the cave easily enough and headed back to grab the Prime. In the middle of the beach, another 2 Allos, both lvl 20's. hmmm. One had the Alpha glow, but I reckoned I could take one out with the Ptera and then ko the other from atop a rock. Not a hope. They did too much damage to me, and I wasn't doing enough to them, and after escaping by the skin of my teeth twice and then watching them heal up eating dodos I decided someone a bit tankier was needed and went to get Gary the Trike. Swam him out the cave and straight outside the entrance was an Allo. Assuming it was one of the 20's I waded into it, then immediately beat the retreat, it was a 135! I couldn't shake it though, it was on my tail as I headed back into the cave. I thought I might outswim it but no dice. Somehow managed to make it to the ledge and Gary finally died underneath me. RIP Gary, but more pressing matters, I was able to jump to safety as the DireWolf started attacking my turtles, luckily everyone was on passive or it would have been carnage. Everyone except the newly tamed Scorpion that is who started attacking whilst the turtles soaked, and I thought bugger it and started unloading tranqs into it. The Scorp died, and the Allo started fleeing, straight out the cave entrance! Dammit when did dinos get smart? Not too smart though as it got caught in the bones outside and I was able to carry on tranqing, then just as it toppled, chomp, 'You were killed by an Allosaur lvl 145!' C'mon Ark! Gimme a break! Went to respawn, dammit to hell, I haven't rebuilt my beds since moving into the cave. Luckily the random respawn spots are fairly consistant. Resurrected just down the beach. The level 20 Allos in my way though, tried to lure them into a nearby Bronto but they got me. Respawned this time by Blue Obby, no good, punched a Turtle. Back on the beach this time, Lvl 20 Allos distracted, get past them, there's the unconcious 135,  hurt really bad, but nothing's paying attention to it. The 145's distracted by a Stego, so I quick look for my bag, then a pair a Sabers drop off the cliff right next to the downed Allo. Crap! I run past them and grab their aggro, and get them a decent way up the beach before they get me. Respawn at blue again, punch the turtle again. Back on my beach, again dodge past the 20's, the 145's stuck on a tree! Hallelujah! I search for my bag, and finally find it with 30 seconds to spare! I take Prime to the downed 50, even with my stacking mod it's going to be close with the times. Back home and me and Mr 145 have a score to settle. Not only is he a high level but he's gorgeous colours, so I take up position on a rock and start sniping. He's totally stuck on the trees! Can't move an inch and he's an easy take down thank goodness. Check the tribelog and the 50's tamed. These 2 high level ones are going to need mutton though. So off to Scotland I go and pike a sheep down and get back to the 135 just in time. It had definitely taken a whack, it stood up at 176, shame. Second verse same as the first for the 145 and again got back just in time with the mutton. So I now have an Allo pack, and their first task, take out the 2 lvl 20's. that was easy enough, oh poop, there's a rex there, better take that out too, except it was a 150 Rex! Crap! The 50 died, ironically to the Bronto that I wanted to deal with the Allos earlier when it got caught up in the mix. The 145, who of course got the pack leader buff nearly died, turns out he's good looking but has garbage health! Typical. So a hell of a day today, and all on my doorstep.

I really don't know what to do at this point. I really need an Anky to get metal going properly, but the metal is just too spread out or just plain inaccessable by an Anky to be properly efficient, and the area outside the cave just too dangerous. I may just have to go ahead and mutton tame some Argents for hauling and bodyguarding, even though I'm still way away from the saddle, just to get things moving. I'm also very tempted to try and get a 145 Theri that I spotted tamed up, again even though I can't ride it, it would make a great bodyguard.

• Like 1

Been a while, not doing much gaming lately.

First off, logged into the server to a respawn screen.  Not unusual, what was unusual is my bed is gone.  It was in the center of my second floor, way away from the reach of anything.  Ok, respawn jungles mid.  And I spawn at the west end, not the east.  Oh well, I'm at 473, just run back.  It's all gone.  Ok, this is a pve server.  Wondered for a bit if I broke some rule or something.  Tried to swim over to tropical south, and got killed.  Respawn, run around to where the big metal base was.  All gone.  Run over to where the other player had his raft house.  Gone.  Hmm, looking like a wipe.  Suicide by raptor, respawn at tropical north.  Yep, base that was there is gone, check server.  Day 7.  Yep, wipe.  DC.  Relog, respawn screen.  Hell with it, back to SP, what I was basically playing anyway.

Walk out of my base, and my game presents me with a 140 ptera.  I shall take that.  Tamed it with raw, that's all I had at the time.  Threw the saddle on it, and went exploring.  West end of jungles mid, a 130 spino presents itself.  Oh hell yes.  I kick myself for not having the kibble machine mod turned on.  Tame it with raw sourced from the dilos hanging around.  Ok, now a long travel along the river to home.  And it won't fit in my pen.  Expand the pen.  Go hunting CP, find a cave.  Thought I had flyers enabled in caves, but get dismounted, ptera dies, I die from 3^18 spiders and authros that swarm us.  Run back, god mode, get my stuff back, accidentally tranq a bronto, 130.  This will do.  Tame it, spawn in a saddle, and make my way slowly home.  Guess what.  Yep, won't fit in the pen.  Nope, it's too late to start that.  Shut down and that's the last I played.  Gotta start on a new base but geez that's such a grindy prospect.

I had my faith in humanity somewhat restored. 

Joined a new server so I can get to Ragnarog when it's released (only had a prim plus char up till now). Before I got to level 10 I'd been gifted a wolf and an Argy, both high level and been invited to join a well established tribe. They then proceeded to give me a big assed base that was vacated by a former tribe member and been told I could use any dino until I've tamed some of my own. 

Well happy with that.