So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Well, today was cut short due to traffic and needing to do other things.

Pretty much all I did was run my boss rex across the map to breed it with P's and drop off his rex saddle, then brought the egg over to M. Spent a few minutes there, then ran back home. On the way there I passed another base and noticed somehow a dilo and a raptor had gotten in and was attacking a quetz. I couldn't get in there with my rex obviously, but I happened to have my crossbow and some arrows still from last night. It was tough with the quetz in the way but I managed to kill both of them with only a few arrows remaining. 

Got home, bred my micros, then P came by to drop off his newest find--an ascendant thylo saddle. Awesome.

I was pretty tired after a long day so I probably wasn't super enthusiastic about it. Put it away, killed a snake that was trying to get in through the floor, then logged for the night.

As most of you know, time consuming doesn't equal difficult.  Official rates are tedious and time consuming, this server is frakking difficult.  I love it.  I just wish my internet would behave.

So, I'm used to difficulty 5.  That's child's play to me now.  I'm still trying to work out the difficulty on this server, but it's at least 3x that.

Two nights ago.  I want to get off the beach.  Log in, and I get hit, inside my house.  I die.  What the hell?  You have been killed by Raptor (266).  Oh my.  Respawn and get off the bed.  Three raptors are chewing on my stuff.  This is setting the tone for the night.  Grab my buddy to keep him from getting munched, grab my weapons.  The two 116s went down fairly easily, the 266, not so easy.  Yep, I died.  Twice.  So did my buddy.  Frak.  Finally emerged victorious.  Ok, I need guns.  Lots of guns.  The bow is just not going to cut it.  The problem is, I'm in a very metal poor area, and I've not seen a single flyer, on the server owned by the author of Classic Flyers.

So, after breaking several stone picks and hatchets, I have enough ingots and metal to make an upgrade station, and a metal pick.  All the while I'm making all the arrows I can, and getting hit by lvl 200-350ish raptors, troodons, and dilos.  And dying a lot.  This is difficult.  Time to go to bed.

Last night.  Log in again.  I hear something outside my base.  Troodon, don't remember the level exactly, but it was over 300.  Frak.  Ok, stone construction is now a priority.  Finally manged to get rid of it.  So I began gathering stone.  Lots of stone.  Ran across a dilo.  Hey meat and hide.  Well, I need crystal for a spyglass as well.  Level 466.  Yeah, and it called 3 more, all over 100.  Broken bow, broken everything, die, respawn, run to my loot bag, game DC.  Frak.  Manage to log back in, dead, manage to get my stuff this time.  Never mind the stone, time to do upgrades.  I now have an ascendant bow, stone hatchet, stone pick, torch, club, and hide armor from JM to asc.  I also made getting some more powerful narcs a priority.  I need some of the blue ones.  This mod adds tiered narcs, very convenient, and more balanced than max torpor.  Don't remember the name.  So I go back out to gather.  Run across a 466 dodo.  Try out the new tranqs.  Wonderful.  This will make my life easier.  Wound up replacing my lower walls with window walls, and expanding my base from a 2x2x2 to a 4x4x3.  Lots of windows to shoot out of.

Now, right as I was about happy with my base expansion, a 116 raptor shows up.  Now, on a normal server, that's a great find, here, it's meh.  Oh well, I need a fast ground mount, and this is a fast ground mount.  One blue arrow, and two cooked meat later, I have a new raptor.  Ok, now how am I supposed to get it in my base?  Swap out my back door for a double door.  Still won't fit.  Take down the upper wall, let it in, replace the wall.  Check on making a saddle, 16 hide short.  Well, not tonight.  Hear something.  Theres a carno running around the beach now.  Oh frakkin great.  I'm out.  Log off, maybe it'll be gone tonight.  I must also adjust my tactics, as I'm afraid the max dino level on this server may be 500 or better.

Well, discovered a metal deposit right above my base.  Yay for me.  I still need a bird.  Anyway, set out to get a little hide.  Chalcio roaming around outside my base, gonna cheese this one.  Threw the windows open and started shooting.  80 arrows later I have my hide.  Crafted my saddle, and set out on the raptor.  Slow going, but go around and up onto the land bridge across to the metal deposit, get all the metal the raptor can carry, which is not much, and walk off the cliff.  Dismount right before we hit the ground.  3 hours of that got me several hundred ingots refining.  Alright, I need to build a bird nest.  So, gathered stone and built a gateway, along with some large walls.  Fixed myself a box on top of my house with a landing platform.  Ok, now to find a bird.  Headed off northwards, found 2 50 pteras.  Not even bothering with that crap.  Tamed a 333 monkey, and looked for crystal as well.  Back to base, nothing worth taming over here.  Back to farming metal.  Got bored with that, made a six gun and upgraded a few things.  Head southward, across the mouth of the river.  Wow! A 416 Ptera.  One blue arrow, and put some meat in it.  Now I need a saddle.  I need chitin or keratin.  Kill a turtle.  Just 6 short.  Kill a trike, didn't drop any.  Damn.  Try to tranq and kill another one, it's high level and runs off.  Double damn.  I'm out of tranqs.  Ptera stands up.  Well, let's go home.  Don't see anything in the water, so I dive in.  Right in the middle of the river, a 450 bary finds me.  Yep, died, 4 times trying to get my bird and raptor to follow me across, lost the raptor in the process, along with all my stuff, keratin included.  Triple damn.  Bary has a long aggro range apparently.  Got my bird home, beaten and battered, but alive.  Finally fooled around and got it up in the bird loft, getting hit and accidentally taming a pego in the process.  Luckily, I keep some stuff in reserve.  Made up a new bow, upgraded it, and grabbed the 3 extra blue tranqs, along with the asc stone hatchet and pick I stored.  Grabbed the ingots, and whipped up a set of flak.  Alright, I'm as armored as I was in the upgraded hide.  A turtle and 2 trikes later, I have the mats for the saddle.  Yay!  Craft it and throw it on my bird.  Up the cliff we go, to the metal.  Filled the forges with 700ish metal each in about 20 minutes.  This is much better.  Head off an get some crystal.  Yay, I now have a super spyglass, and with the extra CP I made up, crafted myself a water tank.  I'm not far from the beach, but it is easier than running pipes for now.  Plan is to build a small greenhouse for narcs and veggie cake mats, and go hunting achatinas.  Also, now that I have a bird, if my internet will cooperate, I can scout out a new base location.  I do not like it here.  Got the bird nest roofed, and called it a night.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:30 AM, Anarki said:

I thought nothing of it, whistelled them all to stop and went out to get some berries on my bear. ABout 3 minutes later - away from the base I get the message 'Xeonai lvl 265 Pteranadon was killed by a 125 Raptor'. WHaaaaatt?! Where and how. I rush back and see no sign of it or the body of my prized tame. Only 2 months ago I was taming all 150s to find one with a nice stam and melee bird. It took me ages to find one with 800 post tame - I was so proud of her, she was rocking about 1400 up until yesterday where I wish I hadnt logged in now.

Sulking... will probably be another 4 weeks until I log in now.

Never whistle passive and leave your dinos on passive.. Always sucks to lose your favorite tame.. Happened to me on official pvp and why I stopped.. Level 275 pteranadon, level 190 with 640 damage, and 3 others.. Troll tribe and then another tribe the next day finished us.

Bit of a strange mixed day today. I decided I need a bit of a break from modding and testing, and just wanted to play for a bit as I had a whole day off to myself, but when I logged in, I was at a bit of a loss exactly what to do. So pottered around base for a bit, moved a few dinos around, then when I was moving Sam, my best Baryonyx, I realised I really love the Bary's, but apart from taming aquatics I very rarely use him, so I decided that I'd go do a bit of caving, grab some artifacts and explorer notes, see if I could find any decent Megalania, and go into some caves that believe it or not, in over 2000 hours of play I've never actually been into before.

So I got geared up with everything I'd need, the good flak, scuba tank for Upper south, Ghillie for south east, pike and longneck and darts, and off I headed. Lower South first of all, my go to cave that I've done hundreds of times before. 2 Megalania in there but both crappy lvl 15's so shot them down and chomped them. That done and off to Upper South. This is one of the ones I've never done, the underwater section has always put me off, but Sam of course could handle it. What a beautiful cave it is, my favourite now I think. About half way through though I got sniped by a cowardly Arthropleura hiding in the wall who broke my helmet and chestpiece, so I tactically withdrew and headed back to base to repair it all, and went back, again doing a quick run of Lower South, one Megalania this time who dropped onto my head right in the entrance proper to the cave and scared the bejeezus out of me! Only a lvl 5 though so nommed him up, and back into Upper South. Took my time to get through it as it was so unfamiliar, nothing really posed a threat, Sam made fish steaks out of the piranhas and Sarcos, and a leisurely time later I emerged with the artifact. Decided to TP home and unload Sam of all that luvverly Chitin and stow my artifacts away, and then ported up to Carno Island. I do like this cave but don't do it that often, despite the artifact being my favourite too as it looks a bit like the Decepticon symbol. An absolute breeze on Sam though, knocked a Megalania off his perch right at the top, but when I got down to the bottom found that again he was a crappy lvl 5.

So onto the South East Lava cave, I was going to go straight there, but decided to head back to base and drop off my recently acquired artifact and then go there rather than run all the way down the coast. I'm glad I did, because this is where things started to go a bit wrong. Headed into the cave and straight down to the artifact, absolutely no bother, Sam destroyed all the bats that usually make this cave so annoying, all the jumps easy peasy. It's been a while since I've been in this one and I haven't gathered all the explorer notes from it, so after I collected the artefict, rather than just teleporting out, or heading straight back up the way I came, I went off the other way into the corner to see if there was anything there, apart from a couple of spiders there wasn't, so headed back the way I came, when making a very small jump back onto the artifact podium though, a jump that Sam should have been able to make from a standing start let alone the run I was doing, he just seemed to hit an invisible wall in the middle and dropped straight into the lava! I tried to scrabble back onto the ledge but didn't react quick enough, and I died to the lava. Crap. Respawning back at base I quick grabeed my spare Ghillie and hopped on a ptera to race back. I knew I was the only one on the server, so Sam would be alright even in the lava until I brought him out of stasis, but once in the cave I had to hurry, flew past everything straight down to the artifact expecting to see a death message at any time, but when I got down there, Sam was just gone. No body, no bag, no sign of my bag, no death message. Went into god and ghost mode and went into the lava and not a single sign of him. Poor old Sam had just up and vanished, very annoying. grabbed the Ptera and went back to base, and since I had clearly lost Sam to some sort of glitch, I felt justified in spawning myself in a new Bary, unfortunately I couldn't remember if Sam had been a 140 or a 145 wild, eventually settled on 145, spawned one in and a new saddle too, then suddenly remembered that since my Single Player Island is a direct copy of one of my server saves, Sam would still be alive and well there, so destroyed the new one before he'd even had a chance to live, and hopped onto SP, uploaded Sam into a drop and back onto my server to resurrect him!

Resurrected Sam is a few levels lower that disappeared Sam, but no worries, he still kicks butt, and after spending some time at the Upgrade station to replace my lost gear with equivelant stuff, it was Lava Cave take 2. As I was heading down into the abyss I spotted 2 Megalosaurs standing statuesque next to a loot drop, couldn't check their levels as I realised that I had completely forgotten to make myself a new Spyglass, no bother though, I'd check them on the way out. Back down, grabbed the artifact and no chances this time, straight back the way I came, all the way back to the top, and keeping out of aggro distance of the Meglo's, waited for day to come and them to fall asleep. When they did I popped over to see what they were, one was a lvl 40, and one a 75, both female. Not great but I do miss my Megalo who died to their specific bug, but who I had cheat tamed anyway so I never bothered to replace. Killed the lvl 40, and gave the 75 a little nip to wake her up, and led her up to the cave entrance easily enough, sniped her down from Sams back and shot home to grab the kibble and some pillars to form a barricade for when she would wake up at night fall, when she did I shot her down again easily enough and settled in to wait for her hunger to drop enough to stick the kibble on. Job done, and it was onto the Central Cave.

Fought my way down to the bottom, and as I rounded the last corner, I saw a Megalo standing there. And this is where everything went wrong. I SHOULD have waited, I SHOULD have done exactly what I did in the Lava cave and let it fall asleep, but overconfidence struck me, still no Spyglass so I had no idea what level it was, but Sam had handled everything so far, so he could handle this one, right? Wrong. As soon as I got in range it grabbed me, it was a lvl 145! Crap, highest level Megalo I've ever seen, no way I'm going to try and tame it at the bottom of this cave, auto click on and trying desperately to make it drop me. Sam's ascendant saddle doesn't seem to be making a difference and it's rekking him! Went to draw my pike as it does way more damage then Sam but has terrible durability so I rarely use it, but hit the wrong button and pull out my remote teleporter. Still got autoclick on so it immediately brings up the destination menu! Craaaaaaap! I'm flustered now and try to click out the menu but I still haven't disengaged autoclick so it comes straight back up again, and as I try and click out of it without really understanding at this point what's happening I hit one of the destinations. We teleport and no idea where the hell I am, finally have the presence of mind to turn it off and manage to hit the Megalo enough to make it let me go. I'm in the water pen outside my base, good, I swim off on Sam and he's hurt bad, really bad, down to about 500 health, desperately try and heal him up and I see the Megalo leave the water and head towards my frogs, other Bary, and Sarco's. Dammit they all on passive so I stop healing Sam and pull out my gun to shoot it to lure it away and I get grabbed again! What the hell! Another Megalo, a lvl 40! Where the hell did that come from?!?! It must have teleported with us all, oh poop, there's an Arthropleura there as well! What the hell!

By now, my heads gone, I'm completely flustered for the first time playing Ark in a good long while. I don't know what's where, what I'm doing, who to attack or anything. I manage to break free of one Megalo and thank gawd, the other one comes for me instead of the passives. I know now with the benefit of hindsight I should have just whistled neutral, legged it on Sam and let the other dinos take out these beasts I've inadvertently brought into the midst. My Spino was close enough to have come, my Theri too, instead all I could think of is getting them away. Sometimes mods can be a blessing and curse, and the Teleporter has made me lazy, it's become to much of a go to mechanic for me. So Instead of doing the sensible thing, and although Sam is on the brink, I whip out the remote teleporter knowing full well that it will result in one of the Megalos grabbing me, and select something, anything, as long as it's at the bottom of the list since all my favourites at the top are in or around my base.

We appear at Blue Obelisk and my mining base, me, Sam, the two Megalos, one of the frogs, and my diplocaulus. Sam finally could take no more, his resurrection had been short and bittersweet, and he died in the grasp of the 145. I actually managed to react quickly and jumped on the frog, and must have just hopped out of the way in the knick of time. The Diplocaulus bought it in about 2 bites. No loss really, although I really liked him it's been months since I actually used him. I managed to hop up to a rock and collect myself. Sam might be gone, and this time it would be permanent, my own fault, and therefore no third chance, but now that the dust has cleared I'm on top of blue mountain, safe, and with a 145 Megalosaurus within tranq range. So I took them both down, shocking tranq darts and my new replacement Longneck making the task surprisingly easy, and as day was just breaking I had a while to recoup. Recovered Sams saddle and what useful stuff he had in his bag, and killed the lvl 40 Megalo with extreme prejudice. Then TP'd back to base, everything had been stasised so the errant Arthropleura had been stopped in its tracks, which was just as well as it had my other frog down to half health. This time I did whistle Neutral and even though it meant I had to go and put everyone back in their place afterwards, I had bittersweet pleasure watching the damn bug get torn to shreds.

After that it was just a case of hunkering down to wait for the whole wake up at nightfall routine, and get the base tidied up. The shocks weren't over yet though, as I was putting my water dinos back into position after inadvertently hitting a turtle and having them spaz out, I got a death message 'Your Anna-Marie lvl 256 - Therizinosaurus has been killed!' What the actual hell?!?! Had there been something else teleported back that I'd missed? I quick swam back to the base, to see her standing outside quite happily, and clearly not at all dead. What was going on? I walked in the gate and it became clear. Anna-Marie was a doppleganger, just like resurrected Sam. In fact she is the reason why my SP Island is a back up of one of my server saves, as I had lost her months ago to a weird bug where she got stuck in dino gate, glitched under the ground and disappeared before before my eyes. But now there she was, both alive and standing outside, and as a corpse with just her head peeking up through my foundations! Heck knows what she actually died of, plenty of food in the nearby trough, I hadn't seen any name tag telling me that she was caught under the foundations or anything, but now she was back and dead as a doorknob! Very weird.

Got the Megalo tamed up and taking him for a quick run, I was very glad to have got him tamed, although under unfortunate circumstances. Megalos at night time are complete ballers, and I think I'll get quite a bit of use out of him. After all that I needed a break, so logged and had some tea and watched a film, then logged back in again at a loss what to do. Had enough of caves for one day, cba with the Skylord and I find the Swamp and Snow caves tedious. So I went looking for a Bary to replace Sam. Nothing at all around, but my search took me close to the Redwoods, and I realised that I haven't tamed any bees yet, and I'd gone through the annoying process of getting some Ichthyornis' especially for just that! So back to base, quick crafted up a rocket launcher and some kibble, bug spray and cactus broth, and into the woods on definitely not dead Anna-Marie to blow up some bee hives. Got five queens before I ran out of kibble, which was weird, since I went out with 20 kibble all told. So either I got robbed without realising it by a Pego, or I was accidentally eating them. Very possible since I normally keep my mushrooms in the 0 slot xD

Bees procured I started heading back, and bumped into a 120 female Bigfoot. Nice, not an amazing level, but the highest level one I've found since I've had this server, so I was definitely going to get her. TP'd back to base, put the new hives in place, grabbed snake kibble, and headed back, only to have lost her. Couldn't find her anywhere, dammit. Oh well, some you win some you lose, off I trot to my tree platform, since I'm here I may as well grab some sap, and I spot another Bigfoot very close to the tree. A male 125 Bigfoot! Well that's a result! Grabbed some of the spare mats that I keep on the platform and whipped up a very quick taming pen, and got him to chase me into it, and up he tamed with only a nosy Carno as any sort of drama.

And so ended my Ark day, I think I came out on top on balance, just about xD

Edited by Kraken

Well, had an exciting but overall not very productive weekend.

On Saturday I did end up doing Broodmother Gamma with some people on server. It had been pushed back to next week so this was a bit of an impromptu thing. Worked out though, got my first Tekgrams unlocked which was nice. Not even close to being able to make a replicator obviously, so will have to work on that.

I then spent most of my weekend in a fruitless hunt for a high level thyla. Over the course of my hunt I did manage to get a high lvl theri and doed to replace my low levels, and did a small round of culling to remove my starter harvesters. I didn't kill them off because for whatever godforsaken reason this server does not have friendly fire on, but I do have them unclaimed for anyone looking to adopt.

I really need to cull my micros, I'm just reluctant to do so when they've been doing so well guarding my birds. But I do have Plant X and some metal spike walls now to help deal with problems so it's not as much of a concern as it used to be. I did get an alpha raptor stuck on my spikes which caused some issues though, no idea how that happened when I've never even seen normal raptors on this side of the river, never mind alphas. But I killed it so whatever.

I did also make the ACs for the micro pagoda, so I can now safely breed, hatch and raise micros and any other small animals. I just didn't feel comfortable leaving them in the big hatchery to fend for themselves. I feel they're much more secure here. I will probably add some Plant X to the backside of the pagoda for extra defense, as snakes seem to chase phiomias off the cliff and right down onto the back of my base sometimes.

Not sure what I'll be doing during the week, a little disappointed with not finding any thylas to tame.

Not going to be a real long one this time, as it's kinda boring.

Hopped on the new server, and finally figured out the difficulty, I think.  It's between 16 and 17, probably 16.6ish.  I'm seeing 16s and 33s, so that would be the only way the levels make sense.

Farmed metal for about 900 more ingots, and decided since my internet is actually behaving I'm going to explore.  Flew over to south tropical, and found a huge metal base.  Demolish allowed!  Hmm genny is running, not been that way long.  I'll come back later.  Flew up to north tropical, another base, stone.  Doors have been demolished, and there's a flying raft belonging to another tribe up for claiming.  Ok, so I know for a fact at one point there were 3 tribes on the server, one recent.  Off to the floating island, didn't see anything.  So I went to the green obi and collected oil.  Around to the bridge and the massive waterfall, then to skull island.  I don't see any other bases this way.  Hmm, odd that the only two bases would be in the easy areas.  Even being PvE, I would think moving to better resource areas would be a priority.  I need to check out lava island, might be something up there.   Back to base, drop off the oil, make some gas, a fabricator, and go electric.

Ok, I need CP.  Fly up to the lake near my base, raid 5 dams.  Net nearly 1500 CP.  Nice.  Also nearly broke my flak.  Go home, finish making my electric stuff, and repair my armor.  Farm another round of metal.  That abandoned base is bugging me.  Go back and check it out.  Some nice dinos up for claim, including a rex, bronto, and mosa.  Ok, gotta get on a pen.  I'm the only one that's been on this server in days besides the admin.  Apparently claiming is allowed judging by the other base, but I'm just going to get access, not destroy the whole thing.  Check out the greenhouse.  Holy mother lode!  Knock out the door, and they have resource plots for nearly everything!  Yep, I'm having this.  Go home, craft a raft and a bunch of metal storages for 100 stacks each, put a trail to the water, and 8 on a raft.  Here we go.

Hours and hours of work.  Metal is stacking to 500 on this server.  Make black narcotics from the narcotic plot, go from lvl 130 to 450 in just a few minutes.  Carrying 1k at a time takes a while, and since the generator is still running, the plots are making more!  I'll be at this for days.  Made foundations and walls to build a warehouse for my loot.  Tame a 466 raptor.  Make more runs.  Should break in and claim the bronto, but I spyglassed them and their food is good for now.  Trying not to destroy anything major, as I'm trying to be courteous, they might come back and this way the only things that will be destroyed are a few doors, easy to replace, and the plots will refill.  I'm going to give it a few days of watching the food while I build a water pen and a more permanent base, and if they don't come back I'm going to claim their dinos.  May just keep that genny going for a while, infinite resources ftw.  There's a gasoline plot right next to it too.

Anyway, figured out a standard raft is not up to the task, so I went to claim that flying one, couldn't get it to fly, so I destroyed it.  Yep, midnight and brain didn't engage, didn't hit space.  So this morning I logged in, built a floatstone forge to get what I'll need to get another raft.  Maybe by tonight I'll have the floatstone so I can just fly up next to the door and transfer stuff much quicker.  Life is so much simpler when someone else does the work for you.

I've been trying for days to avoid an alpha raptor outside my base, when a second alpha raptor spawned in! How many more will come? I can hardly sneak in and out my base anymore. There is not a single herbivore around anymore since they kill everything. I waited 7 ingame days and they are still both there. I'm sp level 45. If anyone has ideas of how to deal with them, I'm all ears.

We tamed a 150 quetz.  I haven't seen over lvl 85 before...seriously.  Before it feeding the kibble it had 33 points in weight :) ...but it glitched through our trap and fell on top of a Rex.  Ended up lvl183.  Disappointed, but it's still our best quetz.

We also built a brand new metal base...but we lost 100 metal foundations and asc armor when server reset.  With the good comes the bad in ark lol.

6 baby rexes finished, 2 tapes and a spino should finish today.  Things are looking up.

Bit of a bitty day yesterday, popped on in the morning and decided to find myself a Hesperonis, flew around the rivers for a bit to no joy finding one. I really should do a dino wipe, but since I uninstalled Scorched Earth +, there's still some Scorched dinos hanging around that we don't want to lose just yet, so it was the old fashioned way of murdering things to force a spawn. No dice though, I did however end up on the edge of the Redwoods, and found that 120 female Giganto that I'd lost track of. Still had the pen set up from the 125 I tamed yesterday, so got her to chase me into it, and popped home to grab kibble. Just had enough left, I'm gonna have to get a snake farm set up at some point.

That did for one session, and when I came back later I decided to go onto my SP Scorched Earth. I'd had a bit of a snafu with it a few days back when I forgot to load in with a mod and destroyed half of my base, tried to reload an earlier save but got the wrong one and the entire map was reset, so I thought bugger it and started afresh. I'm just up to the starter Adobe shack stage, had a crappy Parasaur who got killed, and a crappy Morella who's kept me safe, but is a pita to use since she has dire stamina. There was a 145 Morella close to my shack though so decided to grab him, all going well, he ran into a cliff, and was happily boomeranging him to oblivion when another bloody Morella dropped onto my head from the top of the cliff. My Morella started fighting him, but because I got knocked out of position, the one I was trying to ko shifted and went running off, no chance of catching him and he went straight into the canyon. No chance of carrying on koing him down there, too many other Morellas around. Crap, never mind, onto plan B, I was gonna get myself a Roo. Bit of prep required, had to go and get a load of mushrooms, trip to some nearby metal nodes to get stuff for the saddle, then went looking. Found a level 85 pretty quickly. Roos are easy tames if you have a Morella, you can get them stuck under its head, then just pull out a bow and start shooting. So I got him down, mushroomed up, and went to check the area to make sure it was safe, and blow me, a 145 Roo! Quick grabbed my precious 'shrooms off the 85 and turned him into pelt. Sprinted home to get more tranq arrows, having a bit of a set to with a couple of raptors on the way there and back, and got the new Roo down. Area was safe enough, plenty of Herbis around to block any raptors who might show up, so just hunkered down to wait. Got it tamed without any drama, and that was enough of Scorched for one day.

Headed back onto the Server, took Pitch out for a bit of a fly and found a 130 male Baryonyx, not as high as Sam was, but it'll do. Flew him back home and got him ko'd and kibbled up. I'd named Sam after Sam Neill, so therefore I named the new Bary Neil, after Sam Neill. I then found a 115 female Roo hopping around outside my base. Not the best but she'd do as a mate for my 150 male. Got her taming up and then the rest of the night was just spent levelling up the new Bary during the day, and the Megalo I tamed yesterday during the night, and that was about it.

I've had some nice luck and some not that great piece of luck in ARK during this special. I started breeding my ankys again and have now gotten a perfect 307 female with all of my best stats. With the three mutations I have, 313 is the highest level I'll get. I still want more melee on them, but I think getting an anky with better melee might be very difficult, but I'll still try. I also got a mutation in oxygen with additional banana-coloured spikes. Not pretty. S said I should breed a rainbow coloured anky and I've threatened to do that and to give it to her.

I've also started looking seriously for high level barys, as I want to breed them and use them on the Iso server. Unfortunately, I haven't really had much luck at all finding any. I have three of them, but none with over 40 levels in a single stat (nice colours on the females though). I did find a 145 spino for S and she got a new best food, so she was happy. I also found a level 75 spino with a black back, dark grey sides that she tamed. I held back on killing her to make up for killing a purple/lavender spino earlier. She'd never seen that colour on a wild spino before and I've seen it only once previously. I felt a bit bad after killing it. :(

I also found a 150-pela that I tamed. I think he got 49 levels on oxygen or something equally silly like that. I had a very nice view sitting on a rock waiting for him to tame:
aq2YDkd.jpg
I'm so happy that I can have the sky on 100% again. I've missed my clouds! I have to be careful though and keep and eye on the RAM usage. I've been up to 9.2GB, but still not crashed due to a memory leak yet, so something has changed. Another thing that has started after 258 is that sometimes the sky turns very red. It doesn't for S, but A also get this very red sky sometimes during sunrise. I have no idea why this happens and it's not ugly or anything, just looks a bit odd:
hKqdclS.jpg

I returned to the Iso server a bit today to check on my small herd of animals and because I got bored of not finding any high level barys. S has started playing on this server too, so I checked out her new base that I could go to by land instead of water compared to her starting base. I also harvested a great deal of crystal, because we're going to the red obelisk next weekend to look for high level ember crystal wyverns. I wanted some prime crystal, so I started picking fights with the...erm...colourful tropical crystal wyverns in the area I live in. My blood crystal wyvern is so poopy, that I almost exclusively picked fights with level 25's (he tamed out at level 215, but he has decent hp and that's about it). The highest level I fought with was a level 80 and my wyvern lost a good amount of health in that battle. :P I only got two prime crystals before giving up for the day.

We also found beaver dams much closer to home. There's a good beaver spawn just were she had her first base, just across the water from my base pretty much, I just never checked that area... Derp...

I need to transfer over my new blue terror bird to the Iso server tomorrow as I lost my other one to a mod bug unfortunately. I've been using an orange coloured terror bird, Satsuma, as a temporary replacement until the blue one was imprinted properly.

Oh, well. Back to looking for high level barys!

Edited by TotallyUncool

After 3 days of captivity I finally gave in and used a command line to despawn the 2 alpha raptors near my base. I tried killing them and luring them away, but they kept coming back. I kind of feel bad for cheating, even though I play single player, but it was either that or quitting the game in frustration. Hopefully tomorrow I can resume 'normal' play - meaning not hiding in my base.

On 6/6/2017 at 3:04 AM, Martinigirl said:

I've been trying for days to avoid an alpha raptor outside my base, when a second alpha raptor spawned in! How many more will come? I can hardly sneak in and out my base anymore. There is not a single herbivore around anymore since they kill everything. I waited 7 ingame days and they are still both there. I'm sp level 45. If anyone has ideas of how to deal with them, I'm all ears.

Sorry you had to experience that. Next time make you about 8-10 wooden or metal spikes. Get them running towards you then start placing them in front of you so they run into them. Then just proceed to box them in with the spikes. I actually use this tactic early on instead of using spears and arrows. Works like a charm. Good luck