So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Didn't get into much last night. Debating what I'm going to get into this weekend. I can stay logged off and sleep well due to the ORP2 mod. Praise baby jesus!

I have my sexy 125 pretame Argy that I'll probably go grab some metal and begin building my fortress. Itching to start working with this Castle/Keep mod. Also the decor mod. Can't say enough about this new unofficial server I'm on. It's been great so far.

Not boosted too much, cool community and it's clustered with a couple other sweet maps. Beacon drops are also boosted that don't give crap like compasses, etc. Not too much though were all you have to do is go drop hunting. Anyone on PC looking for a sweet ass server give this one a go. It's active with between 10-20 people online at all times. Admin is truly awesome. Here's a link, I'm sure she'll be glad I put in a good word

Offcourse i breed again now 3 tapajaras, 1 dimorph and finaly my quetzal is aduld so she may lay a egg to breed a new one.

Have still a couple of furtilised eggs to hatch.
I collect meat to feed all animals and walk allong the feeding bins to see if they need to be refilld. 
Also i was looking for a nice level terrorbird but did not find one yet. So i go look for other animals too catsh :D

Got home early and with the long holiday weekend, better believe I've got lots of Ark plans ahead of me.

Bred my micros and did my usual rounds of hatching. 2 kept, the rest culled.

Then it was straight to work building. I'm in dire need of space and protection for my animals. Although the aviary was much higher priority, I had the foundation laid for something else already so I went ahead and did that one first. A few hours and an unfortunate run in with a wild theri later, I ended up with this:

20170526224631_1.thumb.jpg.421183c0cacd03918791db15baf21305.jpg

Microraptor house based on my kibble house pagoda design. Design features include built in breeding and hatching boxes, anti snake overhangs, and a spacious open deck currently being used as a temporary aviary for all 3 of my birds.

I'm still considering paint colors for when I'm done building. I do plan on painting most, if not all of my buildings and all that fun stuff afterwards.

So I managed to wangle a few spare hours this weekend and headed onto my server to do some testing on a couple of my mods. As I was swimming around the oceans checking a few things out, I chanced upon a 145 Basilosaurus. Excellent, my Basilo's are pretty baller, but a 145 is by far the highest I've come across, so I had to have her. Headed back to base and quick made up the kibble and some shark repellent, and went and got her tamed up nice and easily. Still needed to do some oceanic testing so levelling up the new Basilo at the same time was a perfect combination. Headed away from my island and almost immediately ran into a 145 female Plesi, perfect, a mate for my 150 male. Back to base, kibble, crossbow and arrows, onto the Baryonyx and off I went and got her done too. Managed to get her down on the edge of Herbi Island so I wasn't at all far from base and since I was happy enough to leave her taming up with just the occasional checks I figured I'd just do murder laps of Herbi Island since another of my mods has changed the spawns, and I wanted to make sure that numbers and stuff are good. First lap, and I run into a 145 female Pachyrhinosaurus! Nice, again, this is by far the highest Pachyrhino I've encountered, so I had to get her too. Bug spray made, 4 darts and she's down. Quick tame and I alternated bewtween her and the Plesi, and they both tamed up with no drama.

Got them settled into their respective new homes, and having had enough of the water for one day, decided to go and place a teleporter pad on Carno Island. My mod also changes spawns there as well so I need to keep an eye on it. Teleported to the Iceburg, and started to head towards Carno, randomly grabbing and killing things on the Argy as I went, one of those things was a 145 male Saber! Nice! Went back to the burg and ko'd him, teleport back to base, grab kibble, back and leave him to tame up by himself. Got to Carno Island and starting running murder laps, on about the 4th or 5th I grabbed up a 125 Female Baryonyx. Not great, but again the highest level female Bary I've found, the previous best being a mere 100. Grabbed her and flew her into the mouth of the Carno Island cave, bola'd and tranq'd and teleported back home for the kibble. Went to check on the Saber and decided to fly back to Carno Island from the Iceburg instead of just teleporting myself there, and spotted a Procoptodon hopping on the snowy beach. Now my mod that alters the spawns on the islands adds Roos to Herbi Island, but all I've been seeing is very low levels, and it's rare to actually see one where they're supposed to be, so I went and grabbed it, and it was a bloody 150! Unbelievable! So back to the burg, bola and tranq, teleport to Carno, kibble on the Bary, then tp back home, grabbed some 'shrooms, and back to the 'burg, sent the Saber back home and settled down to keep tabs on the Roo who needed a bit more management than the others. Whilst waiting for the torpor to drop before topping it up I was flying around the edges of the snow, and grabbed another 145 Saber. A male again, but hell, may as well. So ko'd him on the Iceburg as well but he had truly crappy stats, so he got the sharp end of the pike. Topped the Roo back up and flew back to the snow, got into a scrap with some argy's, and spotted 150 pop up as I circled around them. Damn, normally I'd take it to the Iceburg to ko, but not with the Roo laying there. So had to break off and try and come back for it later. Went and finished up the Roo, tp'd him back home, then went and check the Bary who was tamed and tp'd her back too, then went to look for the Argy. Spent a good half hour searching the area to no avail unfortunately, so headed back to Carno for a couple more laps, and when diving into a fighting mess of sabers, scorps, raptors and argies, again saw the number 150 flick up! Backed off and frantically tried to work out what it was with my spyglass and it was a male Argy, so dove back in and cleared out the trash, and got him to follow me to the safe part of the Island and took him down. I really wish the taming calculators would get updated with the post flyer nerf figures, since I have no idea if he's decent or not, and comparing him to my other tamed Argies is no good since I've levelled them both extensively, but he seems to be alright, certainly worth breeding up with Pitch, my bred bird. So after tp'ing back to get kibble and back again, I left him there to tame up by himself, and heading back home to sort out the other new tames. Decided to take the new Saber around Herbi Island to see what it can do, and of course immediately got reminded again why I really don't like Sabers. Even good ones aren't really very good. But nonetheless, as I was killing stuff, I started attacking a 150 Anky. I have good high level Anky's coming out of my ears, I already have like 6 stored in the Obelisks, and I've killed countless 140-150's without even having to search for them. But the way my luck was going, I thought on a hunch, why the hell not so I took him down and checked the stats. Wow! 32 levels into melee! I'm definitely having that, so kibble on and left to tame, and back on the Saber, over to the other side of the island, and I check the level on a Doed (Doed spawns also added to Herbi Island through my mod, Better Herbi and Carno Island Spawns it's called in case anyone's interested) and that's a 145 Male. I love my current male Doed, Kid, but at the end of the day he was 'only' a 115, and I've never bred him with Joss, my female as she was a 150, so a 145 is very nice, so down he goes too. Got bored of doing circuits with the Saber, and didn't want to take the chance of either the Anky or Doed getting hit by accident, so decided to head back to Carno and do laps on Pitch waiting for the Argy to finish up. I really want to try and get a 145/150 male Carno to breed up with my female, and the amount of Carnos that spawn on Carno Island you'd think that I'd get one, but no joy with them, every single one seems to be crappy levels, however, a 145 female Rex did spawn. Don't really need her, but I've got Scorpion Kibble coming out of my ears, so decided to go for it. Needed a bit of prep though so I tp'd back home and quick crafted up stuff to make a 3x3 taming pen, didn't want to risk her running off into the ocean, brought that back along with a turtle tank for bait. By now the Argy had tamed as well so sent him back home, built the pen and after a bit of finagling and some unwanted interference from some pesky raptors and argents managed to get her in there and down. She wasn't great pre tame, low health, but a decent enough melee and weight to be worth keeping around. Once whe was kibbled up I had to leave her and call it a day and get to work. A most remarkable day of taming done and dusted. Honestly never had the like of it before.

Edited by Kraken

Only a quick session today between jobs, but the taming streak continues! Went and picked up the new Rex, and she'd tamed up with a really good melee, 331%, higher than either of my other Rex's currently are with quite a few levels invested into it, so she was definitely worth it in the end. I then decided that I was going to tame a Deaodon since they're nice and quick and should be common enough to find a highish level one fairly quickly. Going by the Wiki it looked like all along the west coast should be good for them, but unfortunately the Wiki lies! went up and down the coast 4 times killing everything and didn't see a single one, so tp'd home to grab my furs and the headed into the snow where I know that they are, and sure enough after the third or fourth group slaughtered, I plucked up a 120. That'll do nicely. I was also lucky enough to see a group of three of them come careening off the edge of the mountain, hanging in the air in a glorious moment framed high against the sky. Yes, I actually got to see pigs fly xD 

Got him tamed up and took him on a quick bit of levelling, and came across a 150 Male Pachyrhino! So it was a very short but fun and productive day.

Long time reader of this first time poster! I figure since i run a private server and not currently into bosses right now itd be a more enteraining read than my solo pve ventures which included almost every day; "Farm metal, make saddles, make ammo, kill boss" 

Maybe this will make me have some more intrest in ark! Some background: Almost 2 months ago bought anothet xbox with intentions of making a server for me, my roomate and my other RL friend who doesnt play ark anymore but would on my own server.. so fast forward 2 months of noobishness (was fun!) 

I ended up inviting a few tribes including a big tribe of 10 and a few smaller tribes. Just what we needed for the server, been a lot more fun!

Right now im all over the place in my usual fashion, taming, breeding, building slowly working my way to endgame solo again. I have been spending the last few weeks messing around without any real goal or direction except to make it endgame soonish. This first post will be all over the place! Forewarned. 

Friday night after a long week of work finally got on ark :) My first goal in mind: get more ankys going! Im set up near my two friends by carno island, dedicated servers spawns are a bit nuts.. so some times theres upwards of 30+ ankylo near my base.. grabbed a few high levels! (2x 140 F and a 140 male) two of them came out at 345 melee, perfect for a first breeding pair! Also quite weird that two came out with the same melee.. but hey, i dont mind :) 

Got them tamed up one by one and got right to breeding. Ive been working on dimorphs to help my solo swamp cave runs be a bit easier, popped a few eggs and put the anky eggs down to incubate. What do you know? Threw down 3 anky eggs, 3x dimo eggs and ark ate all but two eggs!! (One ank one dimo egg left.. randomly vanished as i dropped them!)  Im currently 4x incubate, 4x breed so it goes a little faster. 

Pop out the dimorph egg, my first mutation! Cyan blue wing tips with all my good stats combined! Wewt.

Anky egg pops, pretty much what i excpected for a first breed anky. Great melee, carried most stats so thats a bonus. Make some dinner during hand feeds. Once theyre good and juvi, head out on a scouting mission. My roomie is looking for allos so i figured id scout around for tames. Get bored and dont see much interesting, except (and i counted) 23 ankys in one group!! .. time for a dino wipe lol.

Wipe it and one of the tribes calls out a 45 quetz, perfect! Been wanting to replace my noobie inpromptu tame of my 20! Head off on my tapejara and one of the tribes offers to help (im solo) big relief! Throw the grapple hooks away haha. 

Get the sucker down. Tames out nothing special. Fly back to base (red ob to carno island..jam the joystick and have a few smokes lol)

Speaking of smokes, been outside typing this for way longer than i should be on a quick smoke break from work.. boss is probably pissed haha. More later!

Dont mind my skatter brained typing style.. never was good like @Cymas at typing out stories haha.

After my quetz arrives at base I get a party invite, its the guy who helped me tame my quetz. Theres another level 45 and he really wants his own quetz! .. having just arrived at my base, check a few imprints and hop back on tapajara to head back.. get back, down his quetz (shocking darts ftw :) ) get it tamed up, mutton is a wonderful thing ! 

As soon as it tames up, another quetz spawns above us, level 60. I have everything needed to tame on me,so we fly his quetz back to his base so i can make a saddle for him later (not 97 yet.. but 96 from running swamp cave like a crazy person) 

He drives my tapa and we down the 60 for me! Get it tamed up (had sound on this time, dilo is with the new taming sounds? Haha freaked me out.)  Fly back to base. Stay in party with the guy and mentioned how i need to build a community tavern for the server. He offered to help! Log on my admin character and we head off to 5050 to build it (server agreed on this location. Fine with me)

After 4 hours of building with admin commands its up. Were pretty happy with it, had to be stone because.. well.. lots of carnos out here !

While were there the guy sees a 140 rex, i help him knock it out and it stands up with 385 base melee!! Great starting point for boss rexs! He kindly gives me an egg, and im off to incubate it! 

Its now around 5am, been on all night now. Hatched my rex, melee carried but hp is atrocious.. oh well. Free rex! I had it in my mind that i should hatch a quetz from my new mating low level pair.. why not? Popped an egg down as i was hand feeding my rex, its almost done so i pop it. Nothing special, low level as expected. Do the small hand feed (only 4h with boost :) ) but in my energy drink addled ark night realize.. its 8am!! Time for sleep. Poor d1nk, you did it to yourself again. 

The next day consisted of more breeds, imprints, nothing noteworthy. Was still tired from my late night so just puttered around the house, its now getting nice out so went out enjoyed the sun! 

Well, I haven't posted in a few days because...I've been busy. :)

20170529092553_1.thumb.jpg.86eb063adb725a7cbe4f48ecd305f626.jpg

This screenshot is actually outdated, but it's the majority of my holiday weekend right here. I think from my last post all I had done was the microraptor house, so I basically built 80% of my base in 3 days. Not pictured: taming pen. I have no idea what to do with the lower level below the forge, it's all the 'scaffolding' to support the upper level. Might end up just walling it off to make it less ugly and forgetting it exists.

You might notice the white rex hanging out underneath my ramp. That's not just any rex, that's a bred boss fighting rex with 93% imprint, the highest I was capable of getting with the current timers. The server is doing boss fights started at the end of the week so I made sure to grab an egg and hatch it while I was doing all this building, then started leveling it up. Hope this one survives, I really don't feel like raising more of them.

Also not really visible is a max level anky I tamed and a new microraptor. I've also got a temporary borrowed wolf someone left out for adoption, I need it to get into caves to start hunting for cave lizards. :) After seeing the spotlight I'm definitely going to be breeding those too, they look amazing. Finally a cave mount I'm interested in. So that makes 4 animals I'll be breeding at the Blue Spino Ranch: spinos (obviously), microraptors, thylacoleos and megalania. No need to do any birds, that's M's purview. I'll buy a bred argent from him when he gets his breeding up and going. I can't really complain since I'm barely up and running myself. Still need to make a grinder and rebuild the hatchery to not suck, and finish setting up my base defenses.

On the subject of defense, microraptors are scary and I'm glad all they do is knock you off your mount and stun you in the wild. I left two micros I intend to cull outside as guard dogs figuring it wouldn't matter if they died. Holy :Jerbfat:, they've been absolutely destroying snakes. I actually left those two in my birdcage as backup in case snakes somehow get past my main defenses.

Anyway, that's been my weekend. I didn't post because I was building all of that, lol.

Hi all, its been a while... basically, just because I needed a break.

So yesterday, I logged into Ark for the first time in just over a month. I knew my tribemate had been logging in to feed everything so I decided to help out and fill our troughs up.

Everything seemed fine, a few dinos in random places and nothing in tribemanager concerned me.

I flew down from our cliff to the beach to jump on one of the spinos so I could harvest a ton of meat. Went out and harvested enough for all my troughs, and flew back up with some meat for the smaller carnos in the huts on the cliff, the wolves, bears and sabres. 

I then jumped on a bear to clear out some stuck Trikes but all my dinos went ape - including all the fliers - Quetz, Pteras etc.

I thought nothing of it, whistelled them all to stop and went out to get some berries on my bear. ABout 3 minutes later - away from the base I get the message 'Xeonai lvl 265 Pteranadon was killed by a 125 Raptor'. WHaaaaatt?! Where and how. I rush back and see no sign of it or the body of my prized tame. Only 2 months ago I was taming all 150s to find one with a nice stam and melee bird. It took me ages to find one with 800 post tame - I was so proud of her, she was rocking about 1400 up until yesterday where I wish I hadnt logged in now.

Sulking... will probably be another 4 weeks until I log in now.

@Anarki I had a similar problem, I ended up having to put one animal on aggressive to find a dilo had somehow gotten underneath my foundations through a tiny gap and was trying to bite through stone. If it had managed to clip through to the bottom of one of my pens it could have easily killed my theri.

Did you breed your ptera at all? Even if you don't normally breed it's worth it to keep your best genetics alive in the event of disasters like that one. Obviously it doesn't help now, but in the future when you get a new one.

Anyway, my night started out with a disaster but improved drastically from there.

I was so hyped up about megalania, as soon as I logged in I got ready to bring my adopted wolf out to the volcano cave. Never even made it out of the swamp. As we were passing through a micro attacked and knocked me off. Immediately a kapro grabbed me and while I was piking it I got dragged into 2 more kapros, 2 sarcos and 6 terror birds with the wolf on follow. Obviously I died and immediately grabbed my quetz to airlift the wolf to safety. Well, the wolf died to the terror birds before I made it back, this is why I don't normally keep wolves. I dislike the lack of saddle armor they have, not good if you're running solo. I did get my stuff back though.

But my dreams of having a cave lizard were gone and it was back to the hunt for a decent saber just to get me started. Fortunately I was able to find a 168 (good enough) and bring it home to test out my new taming pen.

By the time it tamed it was far too late for any caving, so I resigned myself to taking the rex out to level it up more.

One nice thing about unofficials is that most of them do a courtesy dino wipe when new animals are released, to help get them spawning. This has a nice side effect of also popping spawns that are normally rare, like my beloved spinos. On my way down the volc river to kill some brontos I found one spino, a low level that I killed. Then I turned around. At the edge of the redwoods, another spino. Checked it with my spyglass. 174. Omg. Mission abandoned, new mission acquired.

I lured the spino across to the safer side of the river and summoned M for help. He flew home with a flock of freshly tamed argents in order to get his rex, it's easier to just body block spinos when their torp gets high. You can't really get them stuck on terrain, after all. When he got there I ran my rex home and grabbed Smudge, a saddle and taming gear, then flew back. I had some shocking tranq darts sitting in my fridge, might as well test them out on a spino.

It didn't quite go as planned. Even with the stacking torp, the spino still tried to run and ended up dropping in the middle of the river. This in itself is no problem; if it's not deep enough to swim, it's not deep enough to drown. The problem for me was trying to swim over to it and having to pike piranhas out of my way. But excitement of the KO aside it was fairly uneventful. M kept watch, Smudge is no slouch in battle but attacking anything in water with a bird is dicey.

The spino stood up at level 260, none the worse for her wet nap. Threw the saddle on and ran her home with the bird on follow after giving my thanks and good nights to M. Oh man, I've missed this so much. Spinos might be slightly weaker but they can go anywhere, and that's a trade I'll gladly make any day. I've been getting my rex stuck on everything for the two days I've been leveling her because I'm so used to spinos.

It was much, much later than I anticipated being up but I will never turn down a good spino, so I logged off very happy despite the disastrous start and my lack of cave lizard.

Nothing today so far, but I will later.

I've played ARK though and "finished" Project Dodo. It seems 500 hatched eggs were enough, but I might redo about 160 of them as they might skew the data. I realized at dodo 370-something, that I had to add lost levels to the stats, so I went back and did so, but ran into problems where I had several females with similar stats mated to the same male. This means the results might be skewed and that's not what I wanted. Same with the dodos where the parents had one stat in common (they were not related in any way), which gave me some 60 odd dodos where I could only check six of the seven stats. For now, I'm taking a break from it though.

What I've done instead is started playing on a new map. We've been looking for a new map to play on when my friend S gets her summer vacation, and for the longest time, the map we were interested in was Ragnarok. We were never interested in Valhalla as it was too realistic looking for us, and instead we went with The Center at that time. Ragnarok looked much more interesting from the screenshots I had seen (both friend A and S thought so too), but after watching a video showcasing some of the finished areas, it started feeling like Valhalla again - prettier but still too realistic.

Friend A decided to check another map instead, a more fantasy themed one, Iso: Crystal Isles, and immediately after checking the workshop page, I asked if we could "clone" my character so I could take a look at it too. We did so and well, that was three days ago and I'm still "checking it out". xD It is an absolutely gorgeous map with vibrant colours (I think they are more saturated compared to vanilla) and beautifully crafted, dramatic, landscapes. This map is much more to my and A's liking so far and we're trying to persuade S that THIS is the map to play on next. Don't get me wrong, Ragnarok is extremely well made and beautiful too, this is just a matter of taste and not a difference in quality as far as I'm concerned. :)

Friend A made a new character, but I transferred my clone so I didn't start from scratch but I didn't transfer anything with me due to an issue we're having our items "disappearing" in the ARK data menu, only survivors and tames stay. So, this meant me, a level 100 character, was running around in primitive hide (after killing enough creatures) and using primitive stone tools. It was very fun. Pretty much the first thing I did was building a small thatch hut with a bed, then I immediately started replacing the thatch with wood, and then I realized I needed some kind of assistance in the shape of an animal. So, what would be more fitting than a super terror bird? With mutated body colour? I transferred my blue bird and he fits the colourful map perfectly:
UZrebKI.jpg

I also found a blood crystal wyvern that reminded me of some of the gorgeous alpha wyverns on SE, so I had to tame him (normally, I don't like the neon coloured animals, but I've always loved the alpha wyverns):
11VUiB4.jpg

Most of both days have been spent building a small base and finding resources. I've managed to make a fabricator, but I need to find beaver dams for cp (caves are forbidden until S can play with us) and a better way to get oil than from oil jug bugs. This so I can make a generator and two fridges (one for A and one for me). That's the plan for today when I start playing.

I only have these two critters and a theri I downloaded that I wasn't using due to her not being particularly good (a 150 I tamed that got good oxygen...). I'm thinking about downloading my doed, but I haven't decided yet as I'm not going to play seriously on this map until S can join us. I don't want too many tames that needs taking care of. I might download a horse that I've leveled in speed, as he would be a prefect companion for when I need to haul more resources home than my terror bird can carry. He can carry more and keep up with my bird.

This is my small house that's in desperate need of paint, but that'll have to wait:
FirutY5.jpg

Only thing that I'm not too fond of so far on this map, is the tropical crystal wyverns' colour scheme. They can be...erm... quite colourful...yes...let's leave it at that.

I wish I could find a 174 spino.  Oh wait, my max level is 150, must be on a difficulty 6 server.:P

Well, I was going to start a character on a center pve server, to test if my craptacular internet will even allow me to play multiplayer.  ISP has a bum router, switch, or cable somewhere they can't find, 6 months of pings to google shooting from 30 -1500ms and 2% or so packet loss.  Ugh.  Anyway, decided on a mod author's test server that's open to the public.  There's a few on there I want to check out, and I don't want to put them in my SP game until I know I want them.  2.5GB of mods.  Welp, I'm playing Factorio instead of ARK this Memorial Day evening.  *Grumbles about slow ass internet, and how there should be a law requiring a minimum of 10Mbps speed up and down.*  So, wake up yesterday, start computer, hear a gulp, and air hitting the D5 pump.  Oh yeah, I need to check the water level in my cooling loop, haven't done that in a couple of years.  20 oz bottle of water later we're good,  slimy and crummy looking, but good.  Who says you need to change coolant?(cpu and mobo are 7 years old anyway, so I don't really care)  Downloading resumes, surf the net, patch drops, oh wonderful, another 4GB to dl.  Ended up being out all day, including 3 hours in a T-storm.  Come home soaked, and not in the best of moods, gonna get on that server.  WHAT!?  Steam has done it again.  I checked The Center and Prim + to dl way back when I bought ark, did it dl and install?  No.  So, I loaded my SP game while Steam did what it was supposed to do months ago.  *Beats head on desk*  (This is more of a what did I not do in ark today post.)

So, what do I want to do on the island in SP tonight?  Well, let's organize a bit.  Set the hatched raptors I'm not going to breed to a new tame group, Guard Dogs.  Yep, I get the occasional dilo inside the fence, among other things.  A dozen raptors or so will nip that one.  Gonna imprint them as well, the high damage stat ones are popping at 370 melee, and with boosted imprint bonus, they're turning out in the high 600s.  Good guard dogs.  My 236 breeding male matured.  Good.  He has my high stats for everything except HP, stam, and oxy.  Crap, the pelas are out of fish.  Oh well, they'll survive a while, I need to build a barn just for them out of pull range for everything else anyway.  Grabbed the 130 female out of the breeding pen, dropped her off in the raptor area, as well as the 224 male, and picked up the 224 female with the 39 oxy stat.  Smart breeding helps, but I think it's a little goofy with the breeding plan.  I was going to do this with two sets, one with hp, stam and oxy, the other with the rest, then breed them to get them together.  Oh well.  Throw her in the pen, third egg that popped was a set of 246 twins, male and female, with the crappy purple coloring of their mother, not the nice tan of their father.  Crap.  Oh well, 248 is max from this pair, and the stat they don't have is going to be bred out anyway.  These are keepers I guess.  Lead them to the trough, as I've quit raising raptors in the nursery, just not enough room for the dozen I try to pop at once.  Swap out the 224 for the 130 wild female I have for the HP stat.  Screw smart breeding's plan.  Max level for this pair is 256.  Well, hours later, she's dropping almost all 194-235s  Not a single 256.  I have killed untold numbers of babies now, my prime meat reserves are getting so full I'm considering stocking the troughs with it.  So i throw the 224 female back in there as well, to see if I can get a 248 or two with tan coloring, not purple and green.  Nope.  Damn I'm tired what time is, oh poop.  1:40 am.

Some nights I wonder how I can do so much to accomplish so little.

Ok, so after repeated requests I've decided to add this post to this topic. It's a couple of weeks old so not "today" as such and is a direct copy/paste from my "2 Gigas spawned in my base" thread. 

For those who didn't read it, basically I thought they'd spawned in my base but it turned out I was just the target of someones amusement. 

"

Ok, so they came tonight. I was there this time and it was brutal. The level 90 giga fell on me while I was laying stone ceilings. After the last wipe I didn't have a lot left but my babies defended me like the troopers they are. Doed, Anky, and 234 Rex went in quick succession followed by my high stam argent. 

I managed to worm my way up to my aviary between bites and get on my back up bird but she took a bite on the way out and it took her to within an in inch of her life. The heartbeat was loud and the whole screen was red......but she was alive. 

I took stock. Above me was Sonder, their tribe leader, sitting on his Ptera, directing proceedings. To the other side I could see their stupid messed up quetz with its platform watching with interest and,  below me,  was the Giga. 

It was attacking my storage room, and that, I couldn't allow. That room had everything in it owned. My ingots, my cp, my high level armour and my beloved blueprints. After the enforced mind wipe my BP's had taken on a whole new meaning. I HAD to save them if nothing else. So I went for it. 

I knew that I'd be screwed if I went directly for the room. Non of the many entrances it had created provided a safe route so I tried to lure him away. The tail. I'll nip his tail and run to the gates......maybe it'll chase me ..........................bugga

I swear, he was facing 180 degrees from where I bit......but he got me. The Gigas aoe is, apparently more than his body length. My backup bird died, and trying to run inside the base I was one shotted..... 

It's been a long time since I had to wake up on a beach but last night was a good one. 

Spawning at N2 I ran for home........

......and dammit I made it. Maybe I could save something yet. 

I saw the giga fighting in the snow nearby but it didn't spot me so yay. So I went for my satchels. Anything I could take away but especially my BP's.

2000 ingots? No point, can't carry them. A couple of thousand cp? Yes I'll have them. Yay, my BP's, I'm take them.....

Unfortunately they were still there .

After that it was pretty much a done deal .

They saw me and kited the thing back onto me. All I could do was hide under the floor and ask in chat "why?" while all the time I could hear him burrowing to me. 

You know what it was??? It was because sondor liked wiping me. He'd done it once and thought it would be funny to keep doing it. 

I have nothing left. I told them I'd be a bane in their side but, to be honest, I just want to move on to better server."

Take a look, it's an interesting mix of opinions. 

Big day for me yesterday, I was able to tame my first carnivore bigger than a Raptor.  When I was heading down to my beach area to collect supplies I saw a large dino that turned out to be a male Allosaurus.  He killed me 3 times before I was able to knock him out for the taming, but perseverance won out!  Now all I have to do is figure out  how to get a saddle and I'll be in business.

Allo saddles are level 67.

Yes, the server I play on is difficulty 6. High level spinos are hard to find in general no matter what your max level is.

My night was cut very short last night due to a severe thunderstorm in the area. I had enough time to breed my micros and do one half circuit of the redwoods looking for a good thyla. I don't know how other people do it, but I shoot the unwanted ones out of the trees then kill them on the ground. It sucks that you can only hit them head on though, makes them a tough target.

Also, my adopted quetz is really not a very good bird. I miss Gina. I might just have to buy a fertilized quetz egg from someone, at a better level than this midlevel for sure.

From the sounds of it the planned Saturday boss fight is being pushed back a week so I have more time to level and can do something else this weekend. No idea what, yet. There are still many things I need and now that my base is mostly built I can start focusing more on tames.

Well, my looking for beaver dams yesterday nearly ended in disaster and led to us to trying to disable Kapros on the map. Here's the thing, I really like the surprise element of these buggers; one second you're admiring a mushroom (don't ask) and the next you're in the jaws of a Kapro wondering where that mushroom went. That particular time it all went well; I got roughed up, but could put an arrow into my assailant and my Terror Bird could help me by attacking the Kapro's butt. The second time we got attacked however, we were next to a hill and we got glitched so that I and the Kapro got stuck inside my Terror Bird INSIDE the terrain. It was a level five Kapro, but my bird couldn't hit it and neither could I, so it was killing me. It ended with me losing my Terror Bird because of this (he fell through the map and drowned)...

As this is the second incident we've had with Kapros and glitches, we decided to remove them until this hopefully won't happen anymore. We also did a rollback so I could get my bird back. If I had lost him legit, so to speak, I wouldn't have gotten him back (and been perfectly fine with that, angry at myself of course, but fine with it - otherwise what's the challenge), but since I lost him to a glitch I got him back. Hopefully, WC will be able to do something about the grabbers pushing tames/people through the ground and glitching them out, so we can get the Kapros back. They add an element of danger when you're on smaller mounts after all and I want to keep that.

After that ordeal, we, my resurrected bird and me, set out again to look for beaver dams as I hadn't found any. I did come across a great place for obsidian though, in case we ever need to gather a lot of it. We got stuck on Copper Peak (I think it was called) during the night and it was a pretty view we had from up there:
eZl1SJd.jpg

I did manage to find some beaver dams by the red obelisk in the end, but I had to travel quite far to do so. I think the map is x4 The Island and the distance between my base to the red obelisk is more than half the map. Except for the Kapro thing though, it was a very fun journey despite being attacked by Microraptors on several occasions and having to sneak around strategically places Alloses etc. etc. I can't help but feel that the Terror Birds are very nice mounts for this map, unless you'll go with a flyer of course. Otherwise, something fast, nimble and not too big, or that's the impression I have now; it might change during the map's completion and after I've played on it more.

After striking...cementing paste(?) it was time to look for oil again. This time I decided to check in the waters around where our bases are located and to do this, I needed a water mount, so I downloaded yet another animal that I don't use on the other server; my Bary Lester. I also downloaded my horse for quick hauling purposes and my Mantis, Jelly Bean, as I wanted a fast metal/stone/flint harvester and feel that Ankys are just too slow for this map. I don't want to rely on fliers as much (just a part flyer ;) ) as the map is so gorgeous. My base is turning into a refugee of unwanted animals from the other server. xD

Well, me and Lester set out and started looking for oil and we actually found some not too far from the base. I found even more nodes when continuing the search today, even though we had to fight a Leeds over some of them. The stupid fish insisted on parking on top of two of the nodes, so I accidentally hit it while mining the oil and the fight was on. Me and Lester won by being awesome, is what I would like to type, but it was just me attacking it with Lester and kiting it up to the surface where I could pepper it with arrows. I did get reminded of why I like the Barys so much though, their spin attack versus sharks and mantas is just awesome.

After that, I did a metal run and managed to get a bit more with me home using Jelly Bean, Oyu (the horse, someone meant to type "you" in chat but misspelled it, so I named him after that - I call him Glue in my mind though) and Lester than just my Terror Bird.

Next thing to do is gather crystal for two purposes, 1) is to build a greenhouse of some sort, 2) to tame an Ember Crystal Wyvern. I don't know why I want these colourful wyverns as I don't plan on using them. I guess I'll use them as base decorations, so I have to build a nice place for them. :)

Last night I filled 20 fridges/15 troughs with meat.  During that session I imprinted on 7 rexes, green dire wolf, anky and Doed.  At the end of the night I had a little xp session to rank up two buddies freshly bred argy and fresh tame quetz (2 grinders full of wood, 100ish metal walls/foundations/ceilings, tranc darts, poly, ect.).  We're planning a second base on a different map next week.

This morning I woke up to fill the troughs and there were 2-140 rexes outside our gate so I knocked them out and filled them with kibble before I walked out the door.

Where to start.  Last night was, interesting, to say the least.

Well, all the mods are loaded, but that server is going down regularly.  Owner is playing with the mods, so I decide to start a new character in SP on the center, just to see if I want to move my main one over.  Selected jungles mid as my spawn point.  Spawned in next to a river, some cliffs, and ruins.  Took a quick look around, poop, pack of troodons, think I'll take a walk the other way.  More troodons.  Hmm, the woods look like a good option, poop, dilos.  Grab some rocks, fiber and punch a tree that happens to be close, you know the drill.  Leveled quick, learned the bow, made arrows.  It's frustrating being a beach bob again, but kinda fun.  Don't have all the good stuff I've learned to rely on now.  Killed a dilo for meat and hide, crafted a campfire, killed more dilos, one a 130, and picked a spot for a temporary base.  So far so good.

Now that I'm cooking meat, and have clothes, I start to examine my surroundings.  I know absolutely nothing about this map.  If it were the island, or SE, I'd be going full out by now.  Looks like I have two good accesses to the forest from this location, and a relatively flat spot to build.  I'll take it for now.  I can also see the blue obi just over a ridge.  And a pego finds me.  It tames from the berries it stole.  Wonderful, I have a pet.  Build an AA crafting station.  I need to spoil some meat and get narcs going.  It didn't take too awful long till I manage to get a wood 2x2x2 up, complete with a large storage box, smithy, S+ crafting station, forge, and mortar.  Put a couple of extra foundations outside with a compost bin, meat spoiler, egg collector(all from automated ark), and a silica pearl plot.  Went on a killing spree, to collect hide, and upgraded to hide armor.

Once I got some narcs, and made up a max torpor pike, I went after the lvl 10 trike that is roaming around.  I need a mount, this one sucks, but it'll do for now.  Tamed him up, made a saddle.  All is going too well.  Another damned pego tamed itself.  Well, whatever.  I need crystal for a spyglass.  Took off to see if I can locate any.  Just into the woods, theri.  Hell no, take a left.  Another theri.  Dilo, 145.  More meat and hide.  Raptor, 130.  Crap, getting low on arrows.  Then, after it's dead, I realize all I had to do was hit 5 for the max torpor pike, and dump the meat I got off the dilo and I would have had a nice mount.*Beats head on desk*  Think dummy, think.  Continue into the woods.  Another theri.  Nope, head home.  Gonna look for a flyer when the sun comes back up.

So I make a bunch more arrows, hop on T1(I'm not feeling like naming tonight), and head off.  Make it to the east beach, no pteras.  Finally found a 70 flapping around the northern river of the isle I'm on.  Shot it with a blue tranq dart, it goes down.  Dilos again.  TE is down to 19.  Pump it with some stims I had made.  It wakes up, tranq it again.  Damn seagull decided to attack.  First time that's happened.  Well, between T1, the dilos he stirred up, and the seagull, back to 40% TE.  Pump stims into the bird again, tranq when she stands up.  This time I managed 97%, and she's nearly dead.  Stood up at a 103.  I'll take it.  A monkey comes wandering up.  Why not, lvl 5 but who cares.  Tame it.  So, with my new pet on my shoulder, Ptera1 on follow, and myself on T1, we go home.

Get home and a bronto has decided it likes the area, along with 2 more packs of troodons, and a pack of pegos.  Oh frakkin wonderful.  Clear out the pegos, and park my tames.  Go to do some things inside, and hear my ptera being attacked.  Dilos again.  Kill them, and decide it's time for a wall.  I wasn't going to put this much effort into this base, but apparently I'm in a slightly dangerous place.  So I farmed mats and built a 4 high wall with dino gate around my base.  I also crafted and placed 15 fires to cook all the meat I've collected.  Crafted and placed a preserving bin, and stocked it with sparkpowder.  Alright things are moving.  Leveled up my bird, and took off looking for a bit of crystal.  Found metal.  Gathered, returned and fired up the forge.  Killed some bugs for chitin, learned the engrams, and now I'm in chitin armor.

Three metal runs later, no crystal.  But I have a longneck, shotty, and a little ammo, along with metal tools.  Head off and fly around until I find crystal, not far from where I tamed the bird.  Alright!  Grabbed it and went home.  Crafted up my spyglass and some other stuff.  It's getting a little late, but that server hasn't shown a reboot in a hour or so.  I'm gonna go try it.

Logged in, jungles mid.  What the frak!  That's what he was doing, testing a new mod.  The World Turtle.  Looks like the size of an aircraft carrier, and I'm looking at 4 of them.  Well, better get started.  You know the drill.  Max player level is 500 on this server IIRC, so I'm leveling up at a ridiculous pace.  Rates are higher than my SP rates.  After spending half an hour in the engrams screen, I decided to say screw it and just get crap when I need it.  Otherwise I'm leveling up twice in the time it takes to learn one level's engrams.  Got my bow and arrows, got my hide, got a campfire cooking meat, time for a wood shack.  Server restarts.  Log back in.  Wait a minute theres a monkey.  Ease over, level 200.  Ok, wonder what the difficulty on this server is.  One mejo and it tames.  Wow.  Ok, got a companion.  Now the derps start.  Saw a female dodo, and thought kibble.  Tried to club it, lagged into a world turtle.  Yep, died without a respawn point.  Respawn, back at the location of my base in SP.  Great.  Server lags and restarts.  Went to eat, as it's really getting late.  Come back, server is back up.  Log in, start to run back amid masses of gigantic turtles.  A seagull decided it doesn't like me.  I hit the deep water.  Finally get away.  Get back, my monkey I named goofus is alive, but battered.  Turtle and my stuff is gone.  Oh well, wasn't much anyway.

Gotta get a 2x2 up before I log, so I start on that, and a Chalicotherium decided to walk into my fire, which aggros it.  It's a frakkin level 230 something!  My buddy helped by throwing poop, and I expended nearly 100 arrows, along with breaking my pick and hatchet to kill the stupid thing.  Geez.  So I get my base built, with a bed, storage, and preserving bin.  Go out to gather mats, get my arrow reserves back up, and somehow aggro another Chalico, a lvl 330 something.  Advance to the rear!  Run home, it proceed to attempt to disassemble my base while I attempt to turn it into dinner.  To be fair, I was right beside my base anyway.  Out of arrows, broke my pick and hatchet, again.  I haven't gotten to gather metal for advanced tools yet, I've only been on the server maybe 2 hours.  Needless to say, I died.  Respawned, and grabbed the extra set of tools I had made.  Died.  Wait.  Respawn, at least goofus has taken the aggro.  Grab my stuff off my bodies, and manage to kill the darn thing this time.  Repaired my home, locked my things up in my storage and logged off.

And to top it all off, it's 12:30 am!