So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Popped what will be my 4th bred giga (3rd in 3 weeks) and got a mutation into my line, a pretty ugly purple under belly, but hey its a mutation, he got the good melee of his father and popped lvl 222, now to try and get at least 80% imprint and try to pop a female to guarentee my stats (have 4 males with that melee, no females)

Project terror bird is approaching its end. I only have two colours left to get all the mutated stats on, and then I'm done. :)

Meanwhile, my tribemate finally found a rex with great hp and another with good melee, so he's started up project boss rex (I'll take over and try to get the useless stats and colours in). He's been incredibly lucky and gotten an hp and melee mutation already.

Three of us decided to go to the swamp cave yesterday, as me and my friend has never been there (we've beaten the easy dragon, but never been in the swamp cave... I think we're doing things in the wrong order). I was very keen on going after taming my pretty frog, so it was great that we finally got our collective thumbs out and actually went. So, with me on a not particularly good frog but with an epic saddle, our guide/my friend's bf on his horrible looking but good terror bird, and my friend on foot, what could possibly go wrong? Strangely enough...nothing actually. We were very surprised all three of us, especially my friend as she has a tendency to die in the caves. It turns out that even a not particularly good frog, is still amazing when it comes to dealing with bugs, and since those seems to be the worst threat in the cave by destroying the gas masks very easily, we got through the cave without any problems. It helped that my friend was on top of her game too, and didn't panic as much as she usually does.

It was very pretty in the cave, so I took some screenshots:
mYn9OSs.jpg
JFJt4xg.jpg

Yesterday saw some huge progress.

I was up and in game early with lots on my plate. First thing first, I wanted a theri as a multipurpose harvester and general defense animal. I had enough kibble for a low level one. Fortunately they're very common in the area near my beach shack. I got one down and spent some nervous time killing dilos and some annoying troodons, but finally he tamed. Not the prettiest, and a low level, but pretty darn good for my situation.

Newly christened Tickler had to wait awhile to be useful though, as I was one level shy of the saddle. I ran around gathering materials and crafting building materials and narcotics until I got my level, then a hop over to the mountain with the ptera for metal and I was able to get it done.

With my first decent combat mount tamed, I was ready for stage two. I brought him over to my swamp base and got my roof done, then killed myself and respawned at the shack to get the ptera. I then painstakingly moved all of my animals and gear and broke down the shack, leaving nothing of my early adventures. This is why I didn't tame a trike or anything to start with. All of my animals were small enough to be carried by the ptera.

With that out of the way I took a trip into the west to get what I needed the most now, a doed. Low level but it'll do. While there I attempted a 108 argent but it flew off, naturally. But I did get what I needed, so off we went on a slow walk back to my new home. Between the theri and the doed we got a good rhythm going and quickly assembled a temporary pen, and I laid down all of my crafting stations.

Next on my list was making a fridge, which meant also making a fabricator, generator, etc and collecting gas. This was where the shortcomings of the ptera became very apparent. It just can't hold metal in the quantities I need. For tools and such it's fine, but I realized I needed something better. A lucky red drop raid provided the means in the form of a mastercraft longneck and some shocking tranq darts. Pulling some stego kibble out of my newly powered fridge some time later, I was determined to find a good argent.

The ptera and I circled pretty much the whole island looking for something worth the time and finally on the backside of the volcano we found her. A 150 female just doing her argent thing, in a nicely isolated area too. With some close calls and lucky we got her down and spent a surprisingly calm night sitting on the tame. She stood up without incident and we flew on home.

After such an eventful day I just didn't have anything left so I went to bed shortly after, very pleased with my progress for the day.

spinoranchpen.thumb.jpg.3c207ac7eb3323618f2247e940b924f7.jpg

The stone bunker on the side houses my generator. Everything else is crammed into the house. I will eventually add new buildings and spread things out more but right now my full focus is on securing my territory, so it's all going to be a little bit messy for awhile. The crops will also get a proper greenhouse at some point.

had a titansaur on herb island and it decided to get stuck in my tribes bird holding area along with other dino's as well

well it got pissed and started to destroy the buildind and dino's had to get my dragon to kill it off

now i have to replace all the sheep and iguanadons and birds and my elevator and all the electrical in the building once again

First time i have ever seen a Titansaur on Herb Island Ever since i started playing my my friends private server

What an eventful day we had yesterday. 

First off, logged on pretty early as usual on a Sunday. P was already on what I didn't expect, and surprisingly he hatched pre-incubated Rex eggs for the backup-boss-collection and a few blue Theri mutations, nothing new here. 

Onto my daily things I always do first. I checked the tribe manager, nothing died - good for once, wanted to fill the throughs - all full. What a busy bee P was this morning, I later found out that he was already on since 4am. 

As perplex as I was, I probably stood there for 5 minutes not knowing what to do now. Anyways, I went to breed some Pteras in hopes of new combination amongst their stats. The mating process began and after they finished - no eggs. Must be a bug with our base littered with eggs and poop. Moved the remaining ones out to the taming pen and bred them over there. Good news - got all eggs dropped, bad news - nothing special with the babys. They did not made it through. 

As it already was about 1pm, I was worried where E was all morning long, rang her up and she logged on about 30 mins later. 

I've planned an event for the two of us for while. Naked, Mindwipe Tonic for each, place a gate across herb island and then timer on and one of us goes around the island in clockwise direction, the other one counter clockwise. 

(some of you may seen the videos from Slipgater and Mazion, that's exactly what we did)

Well I was the one going clockwise. Went good until I reached the snow, placed down a sleeping bag and ran into the snow and made it almost through (we decided to skip the outer edge of the swow, instead follow the river up to Far's Peak(?) and back on the beach at the hidden lake) but a pack of Allos wanted me not to finish the snow in one go. Spawned back at my sleeping bag and spend some time to craft at least two new ones, one on the same spot and one halfway through the snow. Guess what, I made through the snow all the way around up until the northern edge of the swamp by the green obelisk.

Hyped and thrilled with the progress, I forgot to craft sleeping bags while I go. Killed some Dilos for hide and placed one down. Immediately after I got eaten by a Kapro who also ate me while respawning. Back to the middle of the snow and yes, killed by wolves. Back the beginning of the snow on the western beach, a Rex on top of my sleeping bag. I decided to not start all over at our base, as E already made it almost around with only one death. She made it a little later, congrats sweetheart. 

After all the hassle we sat down in front of the ACs and had a few beer as that is some spare time to have a chat and relax. 

So onto the real deal for each Sunday - boss battles. Prep work is always done over the week. 

We used our newly acquired Tek Transmitter to get the Rexes over to green ob without the hassle to fly them on a Querzal back. We had enough mats to get into the Megapithicus fight four times and we made it through all four fights unharmed with 480 Element to call our own. 

After all that, it's already been 7pm and called it a day with a few more beer to recap our day. 

Edited by maze

Sunday didn't go quite as planned. I had a hardware malfunction that required remote assistance from a friend to help get sorted. It's still not even working right but I've got net back and can play Ark, what more do you want.

So running hours behind my planned day, I still logged in midafternoon. Just in time to save both my preserving bin and my newly planted crops from the night before.

Then it was straight to work. I crafted 2 stone behemoth gates, then started making dozens of fence foundations. At one point during all of this a snake got in while my theri/doed was out of attack range and I was encumbered in the middle of crafting. The snake slithered right over my roof, knocked the birds off and ate all but one of my dodos in the time it took me to dump my mats and get outside. By then the theri was already on it, tearing the snake up with ease. Well, I hadn't really needed the dodos anymore but usually I put animals down a little more gently than that.

I got my first line of foundations down, got all the way to the end, decided I didn't like it and pretty much started redoing the whole thing again. What can I say, I'm very particular about things. I had almost finished with the second line when disaster struck. A pack of dilos and snakes swarmed myself and the doed while we were out getting stone. We fought valiantly, but dilo spit coupled with a doeds turning radius made it almost impossible to hit anything, not to mention being unable to see what was going on. The doed killed all but one dilo, but that one dilo was enough and killed her. I killed the dilo and made the sad journey with the bird to get her saddle and collect the last resources she would ever gather. I'm sure she rests easy knowing that stone helps protect other animals so they don't suffer the same fate.

Anyway, the loss of the doed was a huge blow, as mine was collecting both stone and thatch, as the theri does not do well with thatch. Without it I could not continue building.

Luckily I had a few dilo kibble so I loaded up my argent and headed out. She still doesn't have a name. We scouted all over the island and found some good ones, but nothing I could actually tame with so few kibble. I finally decided to go with a mix of berries and kibble and found a nice 114 close to home. It was in a highly problematic area--we cleared out what we could but it's a spot where the redwood meets the edge of the swamp, you can imagine what happens next.

We were actually doing well until the doed fled across the river. We followed and attracted some troodons and the doed went back across. Great. We followed the doed, and the troodons followed us. I got killed, grabbed my ptera. Remember kids, the rule of two: flying or fish, always have a pair for when you inevitably lose one. We raced back and whistled the argent to help deal with the troodons so I could get my stuff back. Got sorted and back to it, unfortunately I forgot to put the argent back on passive and hit the doed with an arrow. Yeah. Gave up on it after that.

I decided to just go for a low level just to have one and replace it again later if it died or after I got a quetz, whichever comes first. Unfortunately finding a low level that hasn't been chewed on is a problem in itself. I eventually ended up taming a very pretty male that had been hanging out by the 114. Only a level 24, though that's still twice the level of the first one. Got him home with no problem and got back to work.

Almost immediately we ran into the same problem, a pack of dilos that the doed just couldn't hit. This time I adapted, I jumped off the doed immediately and went after the dilos with my pike, helping the doed knock them down. We both almost died, but any fight you can walk away from, right? Annoyed with the whole thing I decided to collect stone on the other side of my base.

That proved almost as bad of a decision. While we were harvesting a dimo ran into my doed's attack. It went as well as you might expect. I actually died twice trying to kill just two dimos because of hitbox issues with both the theri and the doed. No bolas. By the time my bed's cooldown was up and I got back, all of my gear had despawned. Awesome. But the animals were alive which is what matters. I scraped together whatever I had left for armor and soldiered on.

With very little time remaining I finished one whole side of my defensive perimeter wall. I had wanted to do the entire thing but the earlier problems coupled with the time spent replacing the doed made it impossible. I spent some time before the server's daily restart gathering poop to stock in my crop plots, which were running low on fertilizer that I don't have the resources to replace quickly enough. I really need a beetle, or more compost bins.

I logged for the night feeling accomplished despite the losses.

spinoranchmaingate.thumb.jpg.4b1aeae66237ee22c428d1e519bfe98a.jpg

Lets see today, i gathered the materials to build a new house, built my metal and stone foundations walls, door , ceilings, refining forge and a couple of beds (one for the new home away from home and one for my raft which someone destroyed). Traveled to my river shack and raft, put the new bed and wall up on my raft, then headed to the volcano to set up my new house. On the way there i jumped over a rock and BANG sabertooth took my head off. Found out the new bed in my raft was bugged and could not spawn into it... Punched a wall in fustration... Spawned into my river shack.. then continued to die 7 or 8 times trying to retrieve my body with all my house parts...Mothe&*&%$g ARK... Gave up on retrieving body, went to get some hide and other materials for new house and eaten by F*&^%g tree cat. Tried to get body and eaten by Gator, then eaten by terror birds, then the gator again and then the tree cat again then eaten by I don't even Know and gave the F%&k up for the day. Any ones else notice some days the Dinos don't really spawn and its like a walk in the park and then some days everything that wants you dead spawns in huge packs and you cant' do Sh&t. The love/hate of the ARK... sigh... not my day...

Well, back to the weekday minigrind. Fortunately things went smoothly today. I had one gate premade so I ended up making and laying the foundations, making one more gate, then filling in the gaps with walls in order to complete the other side of my perimeter wall. My base is far from secure, but this is a huge step in the right direction.

Also made more compost bins because I just can't keep up without increasing fertilizer production and I have no way to get a beetle right now.

M and P are both on the new server now as well, busily building up and getting their own bases ready. We're not tribing at the moment, but still working together. I gave P my pego and some gear/BPs I know he can use. He was going to give me some argent kibble but I left before he could, I'm tired from a stressful day at work and just didn't feel like hanging around.

Tickler keeps watch over our territory after inspecting the day's work:

spinoranch6.thumb.jpg.e84a609916c919342f650abbd8d8294c.jpg

Well the past few days, I have been leveling up my poison tapejara, from his post-taming level of 479 to currently 594, with most points spent in melee, some in speed and some in health. All to try and go get myself a high level dodorex. So I start to fly out over the White Shoals in the direction of where the dodorexes usually hang out. First try was a fail, because, I saw this beautiful level 600 crystal wyvern I absolutely wanted to have. So I flew back to base, got some primal crystal, flew back to the wyvern, wait for it to sit, and, ... Yes, a new male wyvern for my collection. Level 899 nonetheless, but useless for anything else but fast travel across the map. Second try, I fly out, and just about where xB has his base on the PE server, I see this rainbow glow. What????? I go check of course and it's a low level fabled unicorn! So, can I knock that out? Yes, I can! And feed it mejo's? Yes, I can!!! So, sweeeet second tame of the day. Low stats, so not a fighter, but it can fly! And poops rainbow poop!

So three is a charm I think, and I head out again for my dodorex. I need to fly around for a while, but finally spot a 560 female. Not the highest level possible, but still good. It takes me a while to laser poison it before she finally goes down amidst some trees, ... and all the other knocked out stuff in the area. So I kill off the baddies close by, put some meat on the dodorex and tame it up. Yeah, another great tame, and a good fighter this time. Seconds after she got up we were attacked by a lightning rex and some other small stuff I didn't even see. I got knocked out, not killed luckily, and through the haze I see my tapejar and the dodorex fighting for their lives. Fortunately they manage to finish the scum on their own, so when I finally wake up, everything seems quiet. I put my tapejar on my shoulder, and jump on the dodorex, and turn and turn and turn, ... We're stuck! In a tree, in an unbreakable tree! Nooooooo. 

Savior of the day was my brother, who told me: "Why don't you take your dodorex on your shoulder? That should free her from the tree." And indeed it did.

So happily ever after we all went back to the safety of our, again expanded, loving home.

Not much to report from last night. I did a metal run, ran drops for a little bit, then logged because I was feeling really tired. I was only on for maybe an hour, puts me somewhat behind in my plans but I'm not sure I can actually get all this done in time anyway. I'm hoping to have my hatchery done this weekend so I can buy a rex egg for the upcoming server event, group boss fights to unlock Tekgrams. However, I'm not sure I'd be able to raise and level a rex in about a week's timeframe, and my now-solo-but-allied tribemates definitely won't be able to either. I think they're only doing easy Broodmother though so I'm not sure I should worry too much about it.

There's no reason I can't do my therizino breeding program on this server and in fact I had only just started it on the last one anyway. The modified beacons here are also a godsend--I've already got a ramshackle theri saddle just from picking up drops, which means my chances of finding a good BP are significantly higher here. Just need to find somewhere to keep 30 or so theris, lol. The pen I built over the past few days is primarily for spinos; it is, after all, a spino ranch. That's why I built basically in the swamp, gotta keep those lethal house-sized puppies happy.

I plan on specializing in 3-4 different animals, but my primary will always and forever be spinos. I also plan to do microraptors, I mean why not I left Tickler unattended in the swamp for 30 seconds and now I have several hundred flowers lol might as well use em. And I really want to do thylas, they are amazing mounts and I love everything about them. I'm still kinda 50/50 on theris though tbh, they are extremely powerful, versatile animals but boss fights are only needed to unlock the Tekgrams here, so long term I may not really need them. I'd rather just have 2-3 rexes I can throw at a boss to get the stuff unlocked and then not ever have to worry about it again.

So yeah the current gameplan is to farm mats for my hatchery and hopefully start setting up by the end of the week. I'm not even close to settling on a new hatchery design, trying to get away from the boring old box setup. The main issue would be needing a full foundation for most designs to get a roof on, and the ongoing issue with animals falling through foundations and getting stuck and/or sometimes deleted by the server.

My evening yesterday consisted of nothing more than setting up my own rented server (finally). Make a steam-group, separate e-mail for people to be able to contact me for updates etc.

This evening i will start on project one: a small safe haven for starting players, where they can reside and gather materials before settling in a spot :)

it will also have a small equus ranch, which i grant as a gift to starting players (no really high levels tho).

Now all i need is people to join :)

After being wiped cont...

Managed to get back to leather armour and a bow - killed by another troodon (about the fourth time so far)

Logged out while troodon was taking its time keeping me knocked out, but only hitting me once every 5mins.

Logged in 2hours later, was still knocked out, troodon was just finishing of the last of my hp.

Ran back, got my gear managed to gather berries and crap for another 10mins when i lagged out near a snake and was already torpord and knocked out before i could even react.

Logged out and called it a night while still unconcious and waiting to be slowly killed by the snake.

Pretty close to quitting all together - not worth taming anything as alpha tribes will wipe within 2weeks.

But running around without a dino and your just toast to every trodon pack.... and doing the base gather cloth/leather after playing this game for 1000s of hours? Getting really close to saying NO THANKS!

Today I checked on my pink mutated giga who I so far have good imprint on, fingers crossed it stays that way :D, and then I did several meat and berry runs for all the babies. I put in my new tek gate, looks bomb. And I've been designing a new building to hold important dinos we want to keep but not use and thus will be stored on an alt account. Not that interesting.