So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Well if you're expecting some crazy adventures from me today, I'm afraid there's not much to report on that front.

For one thing, it's Saturday or what little remains of it, which means baby day for my tribe. I started out the morning with my anky eggs and was sorely disappointed. Not a single one to keep. Sigh. But then I decided to take advantage of our server's drastically increased breeding-related multipliers--the only way to make it possible to 100% imprint animals was to do this. Given how much I hate raising quetz and the disappointment of no ankys, well it was an easy choice to make. So I popped my Q egg and out came a 212, vaguely eggplant colored female. Naturally I named her Gina, as in aubergine. And then I basically cleaned my apartment in 10 minute bursts between imprint windows. 34 imprints, and 90% of them were walks. Some people have dogs, I have a bird the size of a small plane who thinks she's a greyhound. Typical.

But there was some excitement if you like breeding. I was talking to someone in another tribe in global, one thing led to another and I offered to breed my color mutated sheep for them to raise as a birthday present for their tribe partner. So they came by and set up a trough on city land and I gave them berries and mated the sheep. They claimed the baby and we just hung out and chatted while we raised our babies together.

Then P came on early in the afternoon and got to work hatching the bary eggs he'd saved up all week. Out of those 20 eggs we ended up with 2 tribe tames, 1 female gifted to PP, who was raising his sheep, and 1 new color mutation for P's personal collection, a red underbelly.

While this was going on I also worked on a side project between imprints and successfully converted one of our taming pens into metal for ongoing theri taming. Even S+ can't salvage vanilla snap points but hey it works and that's really all we need at the end of the day. I wanted to do the whole thing but my patience was wearing thin by then.

Then M came on and hatched his argent eggs. He has a color mutated bird with gorgeous purple back/wings, plus his own color morph to work on. Somehow he ended up with another color mutation--and argent with deep green wingtips. Not on one of the purple wings, a different one. I really want one of those purple ones, especially if it was white everywhere else. Beauty.

Not wanting to be entirely left out of the fun, I sorted out my allos and bred them up as well, still working on getting stats into my "Indominous Allo" color morph. Got two more full color males and a female with...what's this, a mutation!? Yes, finally! I wonder what stat it is since it would be obvious if it was a color...oh, I got a nice mutation bonus to oxygen. Thank you Ark, really. A non-aquatic, poor-swimming therapod definitely needs that. Sigh.

By then Gina had finally grown up with a full 100% imprint. Dear obs, I hope I never have to do that again. Poor Val will most likely be retired, though not by our wyvern which is what usually happens to things lol. She's relegated to being the backup bird/rescue ranger.

Naturally I had to go get Gina some levels, so we took the opportunity to do some theri spawn clearing. Lots of levels, a 135 male sheep and 2 140 male ankys later, giant goose egg to show for it. I guess in Ark it would be a quetz egg, no? But anyway. As you might expect I was getting pretty tired by now, and annoyed at my overall lack of success, so I called it a night.

Finally got some cave runs done, along with getting to bed at 3 a.m.  Also had a tornado warning and enough rain to drown a megalodon.

The first thing I did after loading up the game was check on the troughs.  Then I began gearing up for the caves.  Grabbed all the AR ammo I had, which totaled about 700 rounds, and threw a bunch on wood in the ind forge to start making more charcoal.  Made up some grappling hooks, and got the asc crossbow out, along with a supply of jerky.  I briefly thought about making up some flak, along with upgrading it to ascendant, but I decided not to.  Well, that may have been a mistake.  Also crafted up a ramshackle pike, again skipped upgrading, which was probably a mistake.  Left the sniper rifle in the weapons box, as I figured it would be fairly useless in the cave.  I really need to craft a pump shotty, but wasn't thinking as usual.  I felt like I have enough oxy points I won't need scuba, maybe.  Plus I'm low on CP.  Take my best armor, which is the ghillie, which I forgot the beavers damaged last time.  Ok, now I'm prepared, lets go.

Head to the barn, and decide I'm not taking the rex.  Too slow, and won't fit.  Same for the spino.  Decide to take my old raptor, Stanzar.  He's bred, 100% imprinted, with mainly speed and damage leveled.  He runs at nearly mach 1, so I have no fears.  Sprinting he lags the game.  Plus he fits in caves, and I've yet to see a dino he can't take on.  I haven't, and won't, put him up against a giga though, that's just suicide.

We're off!  Along the beach, up the hill, and over to the ravine that contains the entrace to the lower south cave.  Met a carno, went through the carno.  Stanzar appreciated the meat.  Two hits and it was down.  I forgot how much I love this guy.  Screw going around, just go through, or jump it if you can't.  Into the cave we go.  I run him down to the split in the path, and leave him there.  This one's easy, I'll run it on foot.  Three whole spiders later, I've got yet another artifact of the hunter, along with some meat and chitin.  Slap the meat and chitin into Stanzar, and check the green drop.  Hmm, apprentice cloth shirt.  I would leave it, but my gut is telling me not to.  I listen to my gut.

Out of the cave, we run back to the ravine entrance, and turn north.  A quick jog through the swamp, and a couple of dead snakes later, we're on the isle that houses the upper south cave.  Now, the only cave I've bothered with is the lower south one, as it's a minute from my base.  I pause, and pull up the wiki.  Oh, I've chosen well.  Easy cave, but it seems it is actually hard.  I briefly consider not doing it, but go on.  No risk, no reward.  Resume playing, looking for the way in.  Kill some more snakes, a sarco, and god knows how many raptors stupid enough to go head to head with Stanzar.  Finally find the entrance, and head in.

Not far into the cave, I run into a bit of a snag.  Stanzar won't fit through a spot.  I briefly look around, but don't immediately see a way around.  So I leave him here.  I head downward, and run onto some onycs.  One is a 145.  I do have some meat, so I try taming it, being I have my ghillie.  I quickly realize even with accelerated taming, this is going to take all night.  Eh, cheat tame.  He takes out the other one.  Now, we head downward, brass flying out of the AR at every turn.  Good grief, how many of these arthro whatever things(forget the name, and too lazy to look it up) are there?  And they spit stuff at you.  The snakes are cake compared to these, they're actually pretty tough.  I've seen them around the swamps, or was it in SE, just haven't been in close quarters with them yet.  Also, they don't normally come in groups of 2 or more on the surface.  Well, on down we go, through snakes and stuff.  Found a bad spot and got teleported back to the surface.  Fought raptors until I got back to the entrance, and headed back down.  Managed to get past the spot this time.  Hey, ruins, grab the dossier.  More ruins.  Looks like it's water from here on out.  Leave the onyc here.

Swap to the pike, and dive in.  Holy carnivorous fish batman!  Got swarmed immediately.  Fought through them with the pike.  So, this is supposed to be an EASY cave huh?  Yep, wiki was right.  No matter, I'll maybe survive.  Head down to the blue drop.  Got a blueprint for ramshackle gauntlets, hide IIRC.  Well, take it.  I think I have one already, but I'll compare when I get home.  Go up to replenish oxy, and head down.  Between the piranha, and sarcos, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll make air again.  Really beginning to think I should have upgraded the pike.  Get back on dry ground, and more snakes and crawling critters.  You probably know the cave, was in and out of the water, fighting piranah and sarcos for a while.  How long is this frakkin cave?  Surely I'm getting close to the artifact, wait, is that it?  Yep.  Ok, what's hitting me.  Good grief, stuff attacking me from under the map.  By the time I got everything to come to the surface and kill it, I'm down to my boots.  This is not good.  My pike is also down to 50%.  This is really not good.

Throw on the cloth shirt I picked up earlier.  That's why I listen to my gut.  It's not much, but it's something.  I'm chewing through jerky like mad right now.  So I grab the artifact, and debate on going back the way I came, or continuing on.  I let myself heal up for a bit.  Onward it is.  The other cave had two paths to get to the artifact, long and short.  If this cave is the same, the other path has to be the short one, right?  I hope so.  Check my inventory, and my armor is not only broken, but gone.  Frak, I forgot about the stack limit.  I've got so much meat in there now.  Empty the meat out, and continue.  I've gotta be smart about it from here on out.  Start testing the waters, kiting the sarcos out, and using the AR on them.  Same with all the piranha I can get out.  My pike breaks.  Frak.  Next water crossing, i run across a blue drop.  A pike!  Grab it and start taking out fish again.  Hey, I'm back at the start.  Finally, I've got backup now.  Found the other drop, and picked up apprentice cloth hat.  Don it, every bit helps.  Now my boots break.  Frak.  At least they end up back in inventory.  I'm down to about 30% health.  Not good at all.  Set the onyc on aggressive.  It's gonna be my saving grace.  Brass flying on my way out, we make it back to Stanzar in one piece.  I've got about 15% health left.  And found a way in for a raptor on my way out.  Go figure.

Set the onyc back to neutral, munch more jerky and head home.  I'm not too worried now, we've been through a lot of crap together, he'll get me home.  Holy raptor swarms batman!  Geez, how many of these things can the game spawn?  Made it back to the swamp, crossed, and managed to get another onyc after me.  My new pet took care of the matter.  Now I'm back on the home isle, but still got raptors, carnos, and who knows what else to wade through.  I decide to go through the woods instead of the beach, less chance of a carno that way.  Just into the woods, a raptor aggros the onyc, and a bronto, which aggros the onyc, and I get thrown backwards off a cliff.  Good frakkin grief.  Force feed Stanzar some meat, he took a hit from that fall.  Got the message my onyc has been killed by a bronto.  Oh well.  Get back on top, and hit sprint.  Trying to dodge trees at this speed is impossible.  I just start chomping at them.  Yep, a raptor can munch trees.  Hit the ravine, fall down.  Back to the beach, back over the hill, and to my base.  Whew!  Now that was fun.

At this point we're under a tornado warning.  I'm watching the storm on radar on the other monitor.

So, I now have no ghillie armor, and organic polymer is a pain to obtain on the island.  Farming mantis was simple on SE, that's where that armor came from.  Grab my chitin, as it helps slightly with the cold, and go to the upgrade station.  Brought back enough chitin to upgrade it to ascendant.  Great!  Craft up a club, upgrade it to ascendant.  I'll fly up to whitesky in a bit and hunt penguins.  Checked on everything, threw the raw prime out of Stanzar's inventory in the grill, donned my chitin armor, as my fur is just base, and I won't be there long hopefully.  Threw a couple more monkeys out in the yard, jumped on the wyvern and headed off at full sprint.

Flew between whitesky and winter's mouth, turned left along the coast.  First thing I saw was a group of 4 penguins.  Land, shoot, club, direwolf attacked.  Club it unconscious.  Bah, lvl5 female.  Kill it.  Grab 2 more penguins, and stunned.  Frak, purlovia.  I'm glad i have upgraded armor.  So I can move again, I fill it full of holes.  I'm down to 50 rounds of AR ammo.  Got the other penguin and took off.  I'm cold, but hopefully won't be here much longer.  Back in the air, I find a group of 5 just north of whitesky.  Jump off and get them without incident, and I head home.  Craft up and upgrade my ghillie when I get home.  Man it's getting late.  Storm has weakened, but now we've got torrential rain, and more storms headed this way.  Started 1k AR rounds in the fabricator, and turned my attention to my storage situation.

Made up 3 new large storage boxes, and placed them out by the chemistry bench.  Sparkpowder, gunpowder and metal ingots 2.  Began mass manufacture of gunpowder again.  The armrest falls off my chair.  Frak.  Try to get it back on, but don't have the appropriate tool.  Well, that will have to wait until tomorrow, not going out to the shop with all this cloud to ground lightning.  Spent the next hour gathering wood and stone to replenish supplies and make charcoal.  Grabbed the anky, and went out gathering flint.  Came back to mass manufacture sparkpowder.  2 of my boxes fill up, so I start making more gunpowder, and transferring to the fabricator.  I'm really tired at this point, it's getting to the wee hours of the morning.  Fill up my storage box for stone, empty the quetz into the forge.  Got the ind forge and 3 regular ones burning wood for charcoal.  I should go out and do something, but it's after 1 a.m., and as soon as this storm passes, I'm going to bed.  Look at upgrading my fur, but only have 58 pelt.  Well, I need to make another trip to the snow biome I guess.  Not tonight, or this morning actually.  So I make up a couple more wood ceilings, and some wood rails to expand the landing going up to the barn loft.  I've already walked off the edge once.  Got that done, so I gathered all the raw meat from my adventure and threw it in th s+ grinder.  Made prime out of it.  Got the cooked prime out of the grill, and refilled it from the grinder.  Put the cooked prime in the fridge, it's full.  Put the rest in the dehydrator.  Got all that cooked up and put up, it's 2 a.m.  Still storming.  ugh.  Paint some doorways in brick.  Not sure I like it.  Oh, and my lights are screwed up again.

So, now that it's late, I'm tired, and the lights are all messed up, I go switch them off, and realize it's night.  So, I go around lighting my wall torches.  Placed a couple more where it's dark.  I'll just have to use these until the multi-lamps get straightened out.  Checked the troughs one more time, went up to the living quarters and shut down.  2:30 am, the storms have moved off to the east, I've been playing ark for over 8 hours, and I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.

I had a rather weird day on ARK today. First I wanted some new Ascendant gear so I went to the underground cave, after a lot of yelling I finally made it, but it was bugged or the game just hates me because I didn't received anything.

Then I thought maybe let's tame some 150 rexes to add for a new raid or boss but then I came to realize that I can't make kibble because it is bugged. It seems that you can't make kibbles with prime meat jerky in them. If anyone else is having this issue please tell me because then it's because of the game and it needs fixing asap because I've already got 3 150's gathered that I want to tranq but not before I can make kibble. 

Tomorrow will be a more interesting day :P

today, i farmed metal, tamed a quetz and asked an alpha to craft me a platform saddle :D 

now our quetz has really weird buildings on it, its a bit funny to look at. if some alphas were to stop by and check it out they probably would think "What even"

lost a some wyverns to griefers :( but managed to save one. now i guess its time to rebuild

Well, what a day! Took the Theri into the swamp as per usual. Nothing much around until I caught sight of a 135 Male Parcer. Now I've killed higher level ones before in the hopes of a 150, but now as I nabbed that 150 female the other day I thought why the devil not. So got him to follow me into a safe place and worked on getting him down. When he started running though I couldn't quite control which way he ran and he ended up going into the water so had to finagle him back onto the beach and clear out some baddies before I could get the final couple of darts into him, but get him down I did, got the spikes up ran home to get the kibble. Decided to come back on the Thyla for no other reason than it's been a while since I've given her a run out, and when I got back there was a Rex very very close to my my spikes attacking a Phiomia! Crap! Waded in to try and at least lure it away, and it's only a bloody 145! Whipped out the rifle and started tranqing her from the back of the Thyla. My Thyla isn't the best, but has enough to be able to tank, and I managed to get the Rex down reasonable easily. So quick made up some more spikes and darted back to base and came back with the scorp kibble for her. Decided that it would probably be best to leave the area all together and keep it unrendered since no one else was on, and with some time to kill while I waited for those two to tame up, decided to take the new Argent into the snow for some levelling. Pretty routine stuff, nothing too dramatic, then I flew in to take out a white Rex on the edge of the new part of the biome, and it was only a 145 male! Helped him kill the Mammoths and other assorted things that he was attacking, and tried to lure him into some sort of safeish place, but the awkward bugger wasn't having it. He'd follow me for a bit and then get distracted by something, so it was a big game of help him kill stuff, lead for a bit, then rinse and repeat. Finally managed to get him into a semi safe area by letting him almost constantly munch on me, when holy poop, a death worm starts making its way towards me, and a rock golem pops up. I love the Scorched Earth+ mod, but sometimes it can be aright royal pain the the arse. No matter what I did I couldn't get the Rex away without the death Worm following and the damn golem was locked onto me, so I had no choice, I was going to have to lead the worm away and leave the Rex to its own devices and try and take it out with my Argent. So I flew a distance off, luckily the Golem went back to rock form, the rex got dstracted by something else, and the worm followed me. Frantically tried to heal and recover stamina before it got me but I was still on about three quarter health when it hit me. So the battle Royale commenced. Thankfully Pitch is a bird made of stern stuff and I have a good saddle on her, so I was able to tank pretty well. Had to take a break to heal though, and the bloody Rex re-appears and takes and interest in me again, damn thing. The worm was bloody though so I went back into the fray and hoiped that the Rex would just go away by himself. Luckily he did, and I was finally able to take the worm down with barely any health left and on my last smidge of stamina. Phew! The Rex though had disappeared so after healing up I went to search for him and found the dumb arse wedged in a rock. Two shots from the tranqs though and he wroked his way loose. Had to shoot, fly lead, shoot, fly lead, avoid wolves, kill sabres, keep eyes peeled for Purlovia mounds, it all went well enough. Then he started running so I gave chase, but couldn'd find a good place to land to hit him with the last couple of darts I needed. Manged to do so and got a dart into him as he went over the edge of a cliff. Dammit, he was going to go in the water, no time to lose I sprinted after him and whisteld the bird to follow, went off the cliff myself and broke my leg, but got the last shot into him just on the edge of the water! Happy days! Pitch caught up to me just in time as a wolf pack hared towards me, got on her and did clean up duty. Fence him off, slap kibble on him and head over to my teleporter on the Iceburg. Back to base and grabbed the remote teleporter then went and checked on the first Rex and Paracer. The Paracer was tamed up and the Rex was close so waited for her, then teleported them both back to base, picked up my spikes and teleported myself back to the snow and to the other Rex, just in time as some sabers were close to him, so decided it would best to baby sit, and do some levelling whilst I was at it. He tamed up, and I teleported us all back to base, then took one of the Rex's over to the mainland to see what it can do. Merrily murder my way through until past green obelisk. Then remember I said that I'd given up on finding a 150 male Turtle and just tamed up a junky lvl 10 to get the mate boost for my females? Well, by green obby I started whaling on a turtle, and just happened to glimpse 150 flick up :D so broke off the attack, teleported myself back to base and left the Rex there as a marker, flew back with some kibbles, and tamed him up. So a very, very successful day on the Island for me. 

Well yesterday was pretty quiet. My tribemates weren't really active for various reasons so I was on my own pretty much all day.

I decided to breed my allos again, I'm hoping to get this project temporarily finished with my current stats so I can actually start using them at some point. Finally got a full color, 4 stat female; the game has been throwing male hatchlings at me all weekend. So that was a huge boon. The biggest issue I have right now is most of my animals still have that annoying yellow belly when they need light grey. Breeding for non-mutated colors is a very frustrating mechanic. Won't say it's not rewarding though, I love my Indominous Allos.

I'm also somewhat annoyed that two of my current favorite animals, allos and thylas, do not have higher tier saddles available in game. I can't help but wonder if that's just something that's been overlooked when other, newer animals definitely do have good saddles.

Either way, I needed a break from breeding at that point so it was time for a hunt. Loaded up Gina and off we went. I also finally figured out why theris weren't really respawning--so when they were first introduced and for awhile afterwards, they were surprisingly common spawns. They were all over the place in some areas, which was problematic for some given that they are basically herbivore rexes and they will chase you for a very long time. So their spawn rates were adjusted down. Our server is so quiet and our admins never do courtesy wipes, so all this time we've still had the now overspawned theris hanging around, as animals don't despawn the way they used to, they're much more persistent now. So I've basically been single-handedly clearing out all those spawns, making theris a much more uncommon animal.

Somewhat disappointing, but I got some good results nonetheless. I managed to find and tame not one but two 135+ theris. That's a good day by just about any metric. Plus one was male so now we have mate boosting and potential breeding partners. I'm not breeding them yet though. After my experience with ankys, I've decided to play the long game and not immediately breed for stats as I collect animals. I'm going to tame at least 12 of them first and see where I am in comparison to target benchmarks before I do any breeding.

The theris that don't make the cut will be offered to other players on the server and then culled if they aren't all adopted out within a reasonable timeframe.

In other news, Gina has been proving herself to be quite worthy of the time investment and constant walks. She's a personal bird used mainly for running drops and scouting/carrying tames home, so I've been building her to be a bit more versatile. I've got her up to about 10k HP, 5k stam and getting close to 500% melee for spawn clearing. After that I'll probably work on stamina again. We have two tribe quetz, I just really prefer imprinted animals, and it's not an issue if both of them are being used.

I keep forgetting to take screenshots, but here's one from Saturday's allo breeding, yesterday looked pretty much the same:

3_allos.jpg

Last night, after the 8 hour session during the storm, I didn't feel like doing all that much.

Loaded up my game, and tested out the prime meat jerky kibble.  It worked fine, made up a dozen oviraptor kibble.  Darkwinter had me a little worried there.

Thought I might run up to the central cave.  It's supposed to be easy, and I don't feel like trying the harder ones.  So, jumped on Stanzar and off we went.

If I was looking for a microraptor, I would never be able to find one.  I'm not looking for one, I get knocked off my mount 5 times before I get through the redwoods.  Ended up finding a pack of em right across the river.  Finally got up to the cave, and a white/black rex is there.  Level 90, bah.  Head into the cave, and realize 2 things, I forgot to pick up food, and I forgot to pick up ammo.  Run back out, grab a tree, and run back in.  Go to craft a campfire, don't have flint.  I have raw meat to cook.  I found out that the rocks in the cave don't give flint.  Commence beating head on desk.

Ran the cave, not one creature.  This is easier than the lower south one, picked up the artifact, and a JM scorpion saddle from the drop.  I guess it was worth the trip.  Get out of the cave, and the rex has cleared everything out, and went off somewhere.  Headed home, managing to avoid the microraptors this time.  Put my stuff up, killed monkeys, and picked up my ammo.  S+ grinder inventory is hanging up again.  Wasted nearly an hour in total waiting for the menu to unhang trying to turn raw meat into prime.  Got that cooked, did some rounds, and jumped on the rex.  Went to the east coast, and up through the jungle.  Looked at the time.  11:30.  I need to get back, haven't seen anything over 100.  Look at the map.  Good grief, I'm all the way up to far's peak.  Took the direct route home.  Still didn't see anything.  Grumble about all these other people running onto multiple high level spawns when mine seem to be hit and miss, with mostly miss.

Got back, slowly made the raw into prime, cooked it, and threw it in the dehydrator.  It's 12:30.  Good grief.  Shut down, game throws and error and crashed.  Maybe I didn't loose too much progress.  I'm too tired to spend 15 minutes loading it back up to see.  Ah the joys of EA.

I haven't done much the last days, except breeding terror birds of course. Since it's been weekend though, my friend has been able to play more and yet again, she managed to goof up. She's trying to breed a white jerboa too and was doing just that on Saturday. Unfortunately, she forgot to check on her female after mating her, resulting in two white (of course) and very dead baby jerboas inside her house. For some reason, she picked one of them up and when I asked why, it was because she didn't want dead baby jerboas in there (we were on Discord). I thought she could've just left them until they had despawned, but she didn't want that.
During this incident, she was also hatching argent eggs and spino eggs, and she had just claimed a baby spino before picking up the dead jerboa, resulting in the baby spino running away. The baby jerboa was so small that she didn't get the prompt to release the body, so she couldn't drop it and she wanted the baby spino to follow her and stop fleeing, so she ran after it while trying to whistle follow on it. I was laughing so hard I was crying as I pictured her running after this poor terrified baby spino, while swinging a dead baby jerboa around and yelling at the spino to stop. xD Everything worked out in the end though, but it was hilarious to listen too.

My terror bird project is moving forward and I've gotten another mutation, but in hp this time. Unfortunately, it's a female with some usless mutations, so I don't really want to use her to get the better hp into the breeding lines. I also realized I had almost messed up completely and instead of getting a good mutation-free breeding stock, I had started breeding in the mutations already, so I killed pretty much every terror bird I hatched yesterday. I also realized the the black male wasn't actually black, but a very dark grey... So I had to try and get a real black male this time. Otherwise, I've started getting a good breeding stock now and it's time to work the mutations in. Oh, and of course I got a red bird... I was talking earlier about how I needed a Danish bird, right? Well, here he is:
NQfkssf.jpg

We decided yesterday to spawn in the dragon on carno island and see if he would act bugged out, or if we might be able to fight him with wyverns there in the future (we want to beat the bosses as legit as possible, but our tribe is so small we don't think we'll ever take the hard dragon down in the arena). Unfortunately, he spat one fireball and then he flew off and got stuck in a mountain, so it seems we can't fight him like that. We're trying to come up with other ideas though and hopefully, we'll be able to figure something out.

After this, I flew back home and continued the terror bird project. I also decided to make a recycler, an industrial forge (I'm level 103 and just haven't gotten around to it yet) and to replace my storage boxes with s+ vaults. I also built a "house" for the forge, and then I realized that my working area got too crowded and I couldn't place my industrial grill in a good place so I just put it somewhere. Today, however, I decided that I needed to expand my working area as the placement of the grill bothered me too much, and I also realized I could build a better "house" for the forge, so I'll demolish what I built yesterday. This is how it looked when I was finished yesterday and how it looks now that I've started to rebuild; a mess:
kOo5IzH.jpg
0hsSquH.jpg

Hopefully, I won't tired halfway through the rebuilding. :P

1 hour ago, Beatnick667 said:

I put down our flyers, turned off the power and said goodbye.  We might be back, thanks for the 1500hrs or so.  Oh yeah, uh BITE ME WC.  Pve was the greatest with or without friends with you, just so tired of the nerf wars.

This isnt a flier balance complaint thread. If you cant handle the rebalance then silently log off. 

I found a sheep!

Might not seem to be that big a deal to some, but I hadn't seen one since they were announced, despite searching everywhere that they were rumored to spawn (sans the snow biome, since I'm working on a new save and haven't farmed enough pelt for a full set of fur yet).

I shamefully admit I ForceTamed him (I play single-player mostly these days), but I didn't know when the next time I'd see another sheep would be, and I didn't want him to despawn!

Not done for the day yet, though. On this new save I'm working on breeding Equus and Iguanodon, and I'm heavily considering starting up the Pachy Patrol I've had on several servers past.

20170430200200_1.jpg

Had another great day today. Popped onto my server after work with the intention of only playing for an hour or so before bed. Decided I'd take the Basilo out for a quick spin around the island and see if I could spot any deep sea crates. Just left my taming pen, chew on a few Jellies, and then I spot an Alpha Mosa. Just a level 10, that's no problem for Neutron, she's both my fastest and tankiest whale. Couldn't quite find the sweet spot of being able to chomp without being hit, but still no problem and after a few minutes letting the autoclick do the work he was down and I was 100 black pearls and a mastercraft pike amongst other things richer. Quick killed a couple of Ichthy's for meat and sat on the surface to heal up, and back down I go, munch a couple of Anglers, then round a rock, and oh! That's a pretty white Mosa, oh, it's another Alpha! Level 35 this time. Bit of finagling but this time I did find the sweet spot, and again the auto click does it's job, another 100 black pearls, thank you very much. Now I've had this before where after killing a few squids or Alphas I quickly get weighed down with Black Pearls, and spend too much time for my liking doing inventory management, so since I'm barely any distance at all from base I decide to head back and drop off the pearls before going on. As I pass the spot where I killed the original Alpha Mosa, I spy a pretty blue Mosa, yum yum, more XP for Neutron, but wait! It's a bloody 145 female! I'm having that! Back to base, unload pearls, grab my tankiest Baryonyx, kibble, narcs and the Ascendant crossbow and plenty of arrows and swim back on Neutron with Sam the Bary in tow. Nothing else around so hop onto Sam and start unloading arrows into its face. I've found this by far the best way to tranq Mosa's, trying to do it from above their height ceiling results in half your shots not registering and leaves you terribly exposed to surprise Mantas, Jellies or Eels which can make things turn sour very quickly. So bish bash bosh, when the big ol' gal starts running she goes straight into a rock, a few more arrows up her bum and down she goes, easy peasy. As I've said before, I hate underwater tames, they're generally very boring, this one was no exception, but well worth it. Everything passed with not a smidge of drama. Annoyingly she didn't have the best pretame stats in health and melee, and she actually tamed up with a lower melee than my 125 male, but heck, it's a Mosa, she still does way more damage unlevelled than even my best Basilo, and my 150 Plesi who I've levelled quite a lot into melee, and came up with 20k health, which is still plenty. So my hour of play turned into about 2 and a half, and I didn't actually get more than half way from Herbi Island to the Swamps on my trip, but it was certainly a good one.

Edited by Kraken

I got onto certain servers to reset timers lol. Evidently some people wanted me to leave. I thought it would be better if they spent hours grinding for explosives while I played 7 days to die and call of duty ??.

there are ways to make people pay for what they have done. They took away my gaming time but I guess in order to get rid of me they have to spend time away from their families. To each his own I guess ?

Well, since it's the work week again I don't really have a lot I can do in game. Since I've been making progress with them lately I bred my allos again, 2 duds and one keeper, a full color 4 stat male who can replace his father in the breeding rotation. The last 2 stats are being incredibly stubborn but I refuse to breed anything less than 6 high rolls, show levels or not.

Then I went to take a look at M's new birdy. He got yet another color mutated argent, man he's lucky. Gorgeous bird too. He bred his new color mutation and wasn't satisfied with the baby, but she was so pretty I couldn't let him cull her. So I guess I have an argent again, or will when she grows up.

Did a couple laps for meat and spino/bary spawns, nothing doing there. P found a 135 bary with no good stats for his breeding project. He's still very new to breeding so I have to encourage him to get out of the 150 only mindset, especially with less common animals.

Took another look at my new birdy before I logged. Isn't she pretty?

blue_argy.jpg

Another boss fight in the center arena for 12 element each time.. I only do it because I'm bored.

After that I found out that there was about 30k chitin in my rexes.. so I crafted some cementing paste from it.

Other than that I hatched a few eggs and killed all the babies (no mutations).

Edited by Musketeer

Beat the Manticore on hard 5 times on an official PVE server early in the morning before the lag got bad. Afterward I spent some time rebuilding our Scorched Earth green Obelisk base which some scumbag kited at least two rock elementals into last friday when nobody was online, killing multiple wyverns. We've got it narrowed down to 5 suspects thanks to arktracker.com but since the stupid tribe logs in game dont go back far enough to see anything other than the last 50 minutes or so, we may never have  slam dunk proof of who did it. 

This afternoon a friend and I took a dozen of his vultures and cleaned out the snow (edit) cave on the official island server we play on to get some additional artifacts and some loot. Scored a pretty good ascendant xbow bp in the process. Now i'm grinding metal  and crystal to make some tek behemoth gates and some tek dino gates. 

Edited by AndrewLB