So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

13 minutes ago, BostonPaul said:

I'm not going to be able to do a damn thing today in Ark because I just blue screen now ever since the PS4 update.  Impossible to even log in.  This company sucks and I doubt they will care enough to fix it.  Most incompetent poop I have ever seen in my life.

PS4 bluescreen? I thought consoles just worked?

NMZ7KQQ.jpg

Meh... I wrote a long post about today but then I somehow deleted it, so I'll just leave this screenshot of the two mutated terror birds I got today. The blue one got all the good stats I have and a useless mutation in food. The...very colourful one got a mutation in melee which is great if it wasn't for that colour. :P

I also had a run in with microraptors and terror birds at the start of the day. It ended with me losing over half my health to this unholy alliance and my terror bird ending up as my saviour. I'm having great fun running to and from my friends' bases by the red obelisk from mine at the Hidden Lake, except when microraptors in collaboration with terror birds happen that is. *grumbles*

The day ended on a high note with me finally getting a white jerboa, so it was a good day. :)

Unfortunately I have no adventures to share today. Our server appears to be having some connection difficulties that prevented me from logging in.

However, I did finally get around to fixing my volume issues (I think), in case I decide to start recording again. I did discover at some point my SP game save had corrupted, forcing me to wipe it. Oh well. It wasn't anything important, just a test run for a new YT season I was contemplating. I was only going on it to test my mic/game volume level balance. Ark for some reason is insanely loud whenever I record, no matter how I try to adjust the volume. I think I might finally have a handle on it though, so I may someday supplement stories with video adventures. :) 

I had a good night. The wife was out with my child so I logged on early. 

My tribe had inherited a new 230 Spino last night so for the 3 of us who all play the most, we can run around on 230+ Spinos which is fairly decent.

The previous night when I was asleep, Hank decided to breed the bears again for some guys in another tribe as a thankyou for letting us claim a Theri as we hadn't got one yet. They were waiting at the base when 'pop' a baby blue Bear came out. They claimed it and took it back to their base. Oh well, maybe we will get a mutation next time - still waiting patiently.

Our 4 bears were all bred out so we gave them a rest and decided to see what out black sabre and orange stripey sabre came out as. I didnt know there pre-tame levels as we claimed them both but they wouldnt be very high I can assure you as they are 230 and 140 now. We waited to see if we had any luck and after waiting patiently - TWINS! Just like we had with our first bred bears, we had a pair of twins, no mutations and we orange/black stripes but they were sooo cute. Melee stats were 240% so I think that we might keep them actually. This weekend I think we will go and try and tame a 140-150 and see if we can get some good stats to breed. 

TM popped on again just as I was logging off (unless I play past midnight I dont get to play with him much through the week) He told me he bred his 150 monkeys last night - he does this wind me up, spending hrs taming his stupid monkey army. His little Mojo monkey currently has 600 melee - yes, 600% melee. Worthless I know!

Weve decided that this weekend we will probably try for a third cave that we havent done yet - he called it the Ice Cave and I think its in Jungles north - wish us luck! We also need a high lvl, decent stat male Spino as our 3 are all females. So Spino/Cat taming here we come.

So, the evening went well, weve a pair of new cats and tonight I think we might be able to breed the bears again hoping for a colour mutation.

Ill keep you updated!

Nothing interesting happened last night, just the usual staying up until tomorrow not paying attention.  Made a bunch of dodo kibble, and dilo kibble, as I was out of the former and low on the latter. Made some argy and ankylo as well.  That ran me out of jerky, so now I need to make more AA dehydrators to up my production.  I have thousands of pounds of cooked meat anyway.

Changed out male monkeys early, neutered the junk one and threw him out in the yard.  Got a 61 so far, along with several high 50s.  Looking better, but still junk.  A junk ptera I'm keeping in the yard just in case I want the colors glitched into a rock, so I had to deal with that.  Then I finally set about straightening up lights.  Still got 5 more out in the barn to do, but that will require me to use the fly command, and they're not bothering me too much.

Game got to really lagging, and textures weren't loading in fully a little bit in.  So, I went to the yard, whistled to follow, with the tame group set this time, and mass murdered monkeys.  All I left was a 30 and 36.  As I was shooting, my rex was munching.  Got almost 1k meat out of it, so threw that in the grill to make jerky with.  That helped, but the pteras are next on the chopping block.  Time to downsize.

Now, I had been thinking about my weapon loadout.  I don't like automatic weapons, mainly because of the cost of ammo, and the rate they go through it.  But, I put the crossbow up, and pulled out the ascendant AR I brought back from SE.  Made up 700 rounds of ammo, and it even has a flashlight attachment.  We'll see.  I predict that I'll be back to the crossbow within the week.  That 700 rounds used up all my gunpowder, and I must go on a metal run soon.  I need cementing paste again as well.

My reasoning is, I can run the south cave solo with just my six gun, but I'm going to hit some of the others, and I feel I may need the firepower.  I'll probably switch something out for the crossbow back and make some grappling hooks as well.

Well, now I've made a plan, so I know what I'm probably not going to get done.

22 hours ago, BostonPaul said:

I'm not going to be able to do a damn thing today in Ark because I just blue screen now ever since the PS4 update.  Impossible to even log in.  This company sucks and I doubt they will care enough to fix it.  Most incompetent poop I have ever seen in my life.

Ill try to bare with you because you are from Boston lol. Jkjk. Seriously, don't hate on a game company when YOU failed to read a disclaimer entailing the game is BROKEN, IN ALPHA, RELEASED A FEW MONTHS INTO DEVELOPMENT, AND HAS PERFORMANCE ISSUES. Its up to you to package your issues in a useful way on the forums to get the devs to listen. They dont want to help anyone that bashes them. Especially when that person themself couldnt code even a game like pong.

Last night (I've been busy so far today and haven't been on), I helped my friend tame an Equus :) Pretty hilarious because he didn't realize it would want feeding as quick as it did, so it bucked him and he spent the next five minutes chasing it around our compound. Finally got on the darn thing, and it bolts straight for the sea.

After that, we ran around on our horses and kicked some Raptors in the face.

Finally, we hopped on our Mosa and Manta and went looking for Leedsichthys

It was a good day for breeding terror birds today apparently. I decided to put the ankys on hold again, but actually followed through this time. I want to finish the terror birds as they're much easier to breed before filling my base with ankys.

The first batch of eggs didn't yield much of a result, but with the second I started to get some birds with all the stats AND colours I'm after. This meant I could kill off some of the previous breeders which felt really great (I still have almost 30 birds though xD ). I also got the same mutation in weight twice, but the first time the bird got a purple beak and legs and as she was white/light grey, she looked kind of ill. Luckily, the second bird I got the same mutation on also had a colour I've been working on, so I immediately replaced the purple thing. I also managed to get the mutated melee on a male without the banana beak - thrilled about this.

The first thing I did though was breeding the colourful couple from yesterday. I told my friends that if I got a bird with both of their colours, I would have a Swedish bird. I was promptly told to do just that and so I did. And I got the colours... Here she is, the Swedish bird named "Heja Sverige" (something like "Go Sweden"):
R7RxVNu.jpg
She's quite... eye catching, I'll give her that. I only did it because I could, but I don't really want to keep her so my friend offered to take her because she thinks the bird looks hilarious. Now I need a red mutation so I can get a Danish bird too, as we're a bunch of Swedes and Danes playing on our server. xD 

My friend (this is one of the friends who's living close to the red obi and that's adopting the Swedish bird) could play today, so I went to her base on my terror bird, Slate, to show off my white jerboa . I had planned to jump off a hill behind her base and land on her rooftop, but I misjudged and slammed into the wall on her house instead. Only because I was trying to show off, it's so typical.
On the way back to my base, I got knocked off by a microraptor again as I ran into a tree stump while trying to get away from it... Luckily, this was a lone microraptor without any nasty backup, so Slate made short work of it while I stood there being stunned. I think I will grow to really dislike these little pests as I ride around on my birds more, but they won't make me give up on the terror birds! They're just too much fun!

My friend came over later to check out all the birds and I've now gotten an order of three birds from her; one blue and white (she loved that colour), a copy of the female I borrowed but with better stats, and another variant of the same better female. I guess I have my work cut out for me, as I'm also trying to get a completely white/light grey bird, a black bird, two combinations of black and white, and red-brown and white also in two combinations. This plus get the mutated stats bred in properly.

Ah, well. I'm several steps closer to getting the best birds I can get with the stats I have and with the colours I want, and I look forward to tomorrow when I can start breeding all these new ones.

I just realized three of them are adults now... *glances at clock*
It's not horribly late... yet... *runs off to breed more terror birds*

Well, last night I didn't play on my server...

I started recording season 2 on my single player instead. I just kinda felt like it. S1 was an herbivore tame only challenge run with the goal of defeating an Alpha Rex. S2 is what I'm calling "100 Days in the North", basically I built a small supply depot, then created a new character and spawned in the snow. The goal for this season is to spend 100 game days completely within the snow biome. Definitely not an easy thing; it is literally not possible for a freshly spawned character to survive in the cold, which is why I had to add an RP element of finding an abandoned supply cache with some fur armor in it.

I also learned some really fantastic news. Since I haven't been in SP for a long time, I decided to bite the bullet and check the obelisk terminal. So waaaaay back almost a year ago now, when we learned we were wiping I went ahead and uploaded a few very select animals in the hopes of at least preserving something of their legacy. Because I do these challenge runs and wipe my SP on a regular basis, I never downloaded them and with the changes to how uploads and downloads work I assumed they were all long gone.

Turns out they're all still there. That means I still have Smaug, my absolute favorite spino. He's my perfect 120 tamed dossier spino (before the difficulty increase obviously) who's gone head to head with a lv. 100 Alpha Rex, granted this was before the great HP/melee nerf. But still a pretty impressive thing. This makes me incredibly happy, even crippled by the nerf bat he's still my beautiful world destroying spino.

Also worth noting is I preserved my very first color morph project, the "Arkannion Blue" spino, which I was almost done with. I also still have Mocha, the very first giga ever tamed on our server, and Seleene, my old tribe partner's perfect tamed albino rex, completely white including the spine. He asked me to take the latter, for the record. That was a very happy Ark night for me.

This is Smaug:

Smaug.jpg

24 minutes ago, Cymas said:

Well, last night I didn't play on my server...

I started recording season 2 on my single player instead. I just kinda felt like it. S1 was an herbivore tame only challenge run with the goal of defeating an Alpha Rex. S2 is what I'm calling "100 Days in the North", basically I built a small supply depot, then created a new character and spawned in the snow. The goal for this season is to spend 100 game days completely within the snow biome. Definitely not an easy thing; it is literally not possible for a freshly spawned character to survive in the cold, which is why I had to add an RP element of finding an abandoned supply cache with some fur armor in it.

I also learned some really fantastic news. Since I haven't been in SP for a long time, I decided to bite the bullet and check the obelisk terminal. So waaaaay back almost a year ago now, when we learned we were wiping I went ahead and uploaded a few very select animals in the hopes of at least preserving something of their legacy. Because I do these challenge runs and wipe my SP on a regular basis, I never downloaded them and with the changes to how uploads and downloads work I assumed they were all long gone.

Turns out they're all still there. That means I still have Smaug, my absolute favorite spino. He's my perfect 120 tamed dossier spino (before the difficulty increase obviously) who's gone head to head with a lv. 100 Alpha Rex, granted this was before the great HP/melee nerf. But still a pretty impressive thing. This makes me incredibly happy, even crippled by the nerf bat he's still my beautiful world destroying spino.

Also worth noting is I preserved my very first color morph project, the "Arkannion Blue" spino, which I was almost done with. I also still have Mocha, the very first giga ever tamed on our server, and Seleene, my old tribe partner's perfect tamed albino rex, completely white including the spine. He asked me to take the latter, for the record. That was a very happy Ark night for me.

This is Smaug:

Smaug.jpg

That does look cool. Spino's are my favorite dinosaurs. Shame they do not get used very often in raids. 

Had a productive, if not slightly boring and not what I had planned, session last night.

A few pages back, I spoke about the quetz I had spawned in because I needed a mass quantity of metal and the best, and only, one I had at the time was a lvl 8.  Well, It was spawned in at level 15k just for laughs.  This gave it an initial carry weight in the high 20k range, don't remember exactly what, but by the time I got to the volcano, it had enough levels that I got it up to 34k.  Ridiculous, I know, but this is SP, and I wasn't intending to use it but for one run.  Well, there was an update, and its carry weight dropped to 7k, so I continued to use it.  I don't know if it was a WC update or a classic flyers update, but it dropped.  Only the Q was affected, and only weight.  Now i have 5 Q, 3 high 100s level, from the CF mod update that made birds lay random eggs.  Got some argies, taps, and pelas from that, as well as several wyvern eggs.  So I started using the Q train, which is easier than a land train, but they still pile up, especially on descent.  Yes, I have one set to follow the other.  So, being even bronto weights seem low, I decided it's time to rectify the situation.  I bumped the per level scaling multiplier for weight on dinos, tamed and wild, to 5x.  This was going to be a trial, with further adjustments to keep some challenge, but allow mass gathering of resources without spending a week of play sessions to do so.  I also didn't have access to the platform saddle until two nights ago, when I finally rolled over to lvl 90.  Still haven't made one.  So, I load up the game, and I thought I saw it blip across the screen that it was updating CF, but I wasn't sure.  I shrugged it off, as I had installed super spyglass, inventory cleaner, and a couple of other small QoL mods as well.  Went to check the weight on my cheat Q, named ugh, and I about pooped myself.  98k carry weight.  What. The. Bloody. Hell.  It takes too long to reload the game, so I'm not messing with it, but apparently something was fixed in CF, or these multipliers are multiplying multipliers.  I know the level scaling is a percentage, but by putting in a 5x multiplier, it should give me 5x percent per level, like if the scaling is 2% of base per level, that should give 10%.  So by logic the increase should be fairly linear, so I clearly don't understand how this works, or something else changed.  Maybe the scaling is % of the last level, which would make more sense given the numbers I'm seeing.  More experimentation is called for, just not tonight, and I'll have to check some other dinos as well.  May just be the game acting funky about this one bird.

So, for the rest of the night.  As I was scratching my head over the weight thing, I head the monkeys squeak.  Probably got a couple newborns.  Nope, got 5.  Triplets and twins.  High 50s and mid 30s.  Claimed and fed, led them to the nursery area.  Come back in 5 mins to top em off on berries to get them to juvie stage.  These look like they'll be yard monkeys.  So I set about pulling ugh out of the barn, and got ready to go gather lots of metal.  The ind forge is cold, and even though I still have 12k ingots or so, the planned move, along with a few other projects are going to suck up metal and CP like crazy.  Now, somewhere in the mix I got distracted, and ended up back in the living quarters where my bed, extra armor, tools, weapons, and ammo are located just in case I goof up and die.  I heard a squeak, and it was too high pitched for an adult.  Red text saying one of my unnamed monkeys has died.  Checked the nursery, and one of the triplets is dead, with 28 mejos left in inventory.  Food bug again, as these have 800 food, and the ones with 500 are doing fine.  Drag the body onto a metal floor, and harvest it.  Set the prime up to cook, and check up on the others.  They're all fine.  Feeding trough is getting low on berries, so I pull a bunch off the yard monkeys into it.  Went back and pulled the cooked prime, then placed it in the designated fridge.

Now, I finally get to the volcano.  Pretty green lights around it.  Land and begin gathering metal, by hand, since I haven't made the platform saddle yet, and didn't feel like fooling with the anky.  Two full trips around the volcano, even with 3x gather and 10x faster respawn, this is gonna take a while.  I'm not even half full yet.  Not only is this bird OP, it's exhausting.  Two ingame days at the volcano, and I'm breaking 50k metal.  Well, I hit the stack cap at 55k, since I've got some other supplies in the bird just in case.  Finally, I've worn out an apprentice pick up here.  Back to base.

Get home, fill up the forge, and set the monkeys to pop out babies again.  Yep, I remembered to turn off wandering before I left, not that it would have mattered anyway.  Would've just had a few corpses to clean up.  I'm working for high stats out of one female, and high stats plus the color out of the other.  Still need some high level ones, just can't be bothered to walk the edges of the jungles looking for one right now.  I also could use some achatinas.  Made some more metal ceilings, and got the wood ones out of the nursery area, which just happens to hold the 3 regular forges, 3 mortar&pestles, fabricator, 2 fridges for fish and jerky, and a fireplace.  It's on the second floor, right between the kitchen on the first, and the living quarters on the third.  The greenhouse is through the west door, the second floor of the barn through the east door.  Now, I hate metal floors for one reason.  Glare.  Went to the kitchen and made up lots of black dye, and commenced painting.  Yay for a coal black, non-reflective floor.  Gotta decide on a color and paint the s+ glass doors and walls I have to stop the glare from them as well.  Thinking a grey color would be good.  I had a forest green greenhouse made out of the glass tier in SE that I thought looked nice, but I dunno how green on black will look.  Might try it, but one thing.  I'm out of CP, AGAIN!

Well, at this point even a single cave run is looking unlikely.  Hop on the wyvern, and head out to the east.  Sun is just coming up, so I've got time(haven't I learned not to think that yet?).  Stonehenge sails by.  Ah the freedom of flight.  Land, find two dams.  You know the routine.  Aggro beavers, kite onto land, tranq, raid.  Yep, I did it again.  I try to preserve these, as spawns can be funky.  I killed two here before the last dino wipe, and they never respawned.  One is low on health, so I raid the dams, then come back to him.  Dump mejos in his inventory and force feed to bring food up.  You have tamed a beaver!.  Son of a bitch.  Stupid level 16.  Brrrap.  Your beaver has been killed.  Harvest and leave.  Head up to the hidden lake, and back down the river.  Now, at the fork by the fallen tree bridge at the redwoods, there are typically 3 beavers.  I see one dam.  One. Stupid. Dam.  Damn.  Raid it, and head back to the wyvern.  Whap! I go flying though a spray of blood, over the wyvern, and into the palms.  What the hell?!  All three beavers hit me at once.  That put a dent in the ghillie, as well as my health.  Tranq em, start to fly off, and triple digits pop up.  Are you frakkin kidding me?!  A perfect 150 male!  Welp, I know what I'm taking home.  He tamed up to a 223, 29 health, 31 stam, 31 oxy, 26 food, 36 weight, 32 dam, and 37 speed.  Not bad.  Threw him on my shoulder, and took off.  Remember what I was thinking about time?  Yep.  Sun is getting low, and I'm running 2x day length, 0.5x night length.  When it goes down, it goes down in seconds.  Right shift time, with two stops to go.  One dam at the other redwoods spawn, didn't even have to tranq the beavers.  Take off, right shift to the footpaw, grazing the back of a titan at mach 2.  One dam, and a snake. Brrrraaaap.  Bye snake.  I'm running through ammo like water through a tap.  That's what I was afraid of.  That was a magazine right there.  Gonna build that chemistry bench when I get back, I'm gonna need bronto loads of gunpowder with this thing.  Don't think I'll be running out of ingots any time soon. (Did I just think that?  Frak.)  Tranq the beavers and investigate what the snake had killed.  Achatina.  Harvest it, and head for home.  Tally it up, a touch more than 1700 CP.  That won't last long.

Slapped the CP into the fabricator, and ran up the polymer for a fab sniper.  I wish I had a blueprint for a better one, but I don't.  Then I made up a chemistry bench, placed it, and threw some hide and oil in the forge.  Connected up the new bench with the electric grid, and threw 100 gasoline in.  Dumped a bronto load of flint and stone in, and commenced mass production of sparkpowder.  Wanna guess what I'm gonna use that for?  Grab a couple of newborns.  Look like yard monkeys, one might be a keeper.  Queue up a fab sniper rifle, and go to the smithy to make a silencer.  Go back to the chemistry bench, throw in a bunch of charcoal, and commence gunpowder production.  Run back to the smithy and repair my hatchet and pick.  Almost forgot that.  Polymer and rifle is finished.  To the upgrade bench.  Upgrade to ramshackle, do I have enough supplies, yep.  Try for apprentice, got an efficient double upgrade.  Sweet!  JM sniper rifle.  Do I dare try again?  Not enough supplies, about had a heart attack when the amounts needed popped up on screen.  Guess what?  I'm basically out of CP, again.  Run over to the fabricator, and fab up 200 sniper bullets.

Went up to the living quarters and placed my apprentice scoped longneck in my weapons box, along with its ammo.  I really like the single shot, but my new rifle has 338% damage, vs this ones 148%.  Even though it probably evens out somewhat due to the longneck's higher base damage, I'd say the fab sniper is going to be much better.  Still got a ramshackle longneck I'm using for tranqs.  I need to upgrade these when the forge finishes.

It's getting late, so I check up on the monkeys.  Got 5 that have matured, all junk but one.  Nueter/spay and throw em out in the yard.  That makes 26 running around outside.  Gonna be another mass murder soon.  The higher level female poops out a lvl 63.  That's a keeper for sure, the highest level I have so far.  Put it in the breeding app.

Went around pulling berries from the yard monkeys into the feeding troughs again, grabbed 300ish gasoline from the forge and topped it off with metal.  Store the gasoline and set about rearranging some of my storage.  Now I've got a spot just for narcs, more room for kibble and eggs, along with room for another fridge.  Got two more storage chests to change out, but it's looking better.

Ok, so it's almost tomorrow and what was I going to do tonight?  Oh yeah, cave runs.  Might get that done next session, if the power stays on.  Forecast is severe storms.

Mixed couple of days, been working and having the kids so it's been a bit stop start. Bred some wolves, all the pups were useless so they got the Ol' Yeller treatment. Hatched and imprinted an Argent, she came out pure 100% black which was nice, slightly lower level than both her parents who were both 145 tames, but the imprinting makes up for that and she'll do just fine until I can hatch another. Tamed a 150 female Ptera who was chilling on my roof, spotted her just as I was packing up for the night which was a bugger making me stay up a bit later, but c'est la vie. Found a 145 snail that I tamed purely because I'd just made up a huge batch of veggie cakes for my own snails. Tamed a 145 Compy just cause he was there. Took the new Argent out levelling and found a 150 Wooly Rhino being beaten up real bad, saved him and stood watch over him whilst he healed up, but then a ninja badger took him down when I got distracted by an Argent. Tried to tame a 150 Dimorph, but I forgot my Theri was on neutral and she bloody killed it after I got to close to it and it hit me as I tried to bola it, after I'd tracked the damn thing for ages and ages waiting for it to actually land and give me a clear shot at it. Got another 145 male Iguanodon which I'll probably kill off again since it doesn't really have anything going for it, and took the Theri on a cross country run, exploring all sort of forests and areas that I forget were even there since I normally just fly over them, or they've got bases on them and look completely different. I got totally lost until I finally emerged blinking in the light next to Red Obelisk. Found and killed a Unicorn on Carno Island, crappy low level. Oh and decided that since I'm having absolutely no joy finding a 150 male turtle, and I'm short on turtle eggs after the 150 Bronto tame the other day, I'd just pop out and grab the first male turtle I saw regardless of level just to get the mate boost as a place holder. It took me over half an hour to find one! There were a ridiculously small number of turtles around, and the few that I did find were all female! Finally got a level 10 though.