So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Yesterday I popped onto my Scorched Earth single player for the first time in a while. When I originally started playing on Scorched it was with the noble intention of taking it slowly, steadily branching out and exploring the map taming as I go, however due to the necessity of testing my mods and other stuff I found that I had an awful lot of stuff that I had spawned in, force tamed, or downloaded from storage, so pretty much everything went, the force tamed wyverns and golems got deleted, the Wyvern and Giga and Doed went back into the obelisk, the spawned in structures went, so I was left with pretty much the shell of my base, 3 camels, 2 veeeeeery low level moths, 2 vultures, 2 Paras, a couple of Lystros, and my poor old neglected meat tamed low level Saber and Raptor. But at least everything I had left now was legit built and tamed. I also raised the difficulty to give 150's to bring it in line with my Island server. Looking at what I had left, I realised I needed some decent fast and sturdy transport, and not having the resources for an Argent, I took the best of the moths out and tamed the highest level Roo I could find without venturing too far from the relative safety of my base. Luckily got a fairly decent level 80. Took him out for a spin and marked the locations of a 120 Doed that I was going to need pretty sharpish, and a level 100 Anky, neither of which is too far away from my little haven.

Today I had some issues updating S+ on my server unfortunately, but when I did get it up and running, thanks to some changes I had to first of all go around and manually set about 100 torches to auto turn on and off. Replaced all of my wooden ramps with the new stone ramps, and then turned them into steps which is absolutely brilliant, and built the sheep herder to look after my flock. Then I hopped on Midnight and headed to the snow once more, still looking for high level wolves, rhinos, rex's and a male argent as a mate for Midnight. With time running out before I had to log for the night I finally collared a 145 male argent, so as usual kited him onto the iceburg and got him down. Day off tomorrow so I'll be breeding and imprinting a new baby Argent, and probably breed the wolves and sheeps again.

On 23/04/2017 at 8:40 PM, Cymas said:

@Psych0P3nguin Honestly I don't think unofficials are hugely different from official if you aren't running that many mods. We have 5 mods, 3 of which are purely for aesthetics, one is death helper, and the last one is S+ for improved building mechanics. The core gameplay doesn't change, it's just with higher but not insane multipliers the server is a very nice place for solo players and small tribes, which is what our community is mostly. Average tribe size is 2-3, at 4 we're the biggest active tribe on the server. You'll only count 3 of us in the stories though, my last tribemate isn't able to play right now sadly.

Saturday did not go as planned, pretty much at all.

I started off early in the morning to pop the eggs I've been building up all week. Only did spino and anky this week. I thought about popping our quetz egg but I hate raising quetz so I stuck it back in the fridge lol. While I was there I incubated all our bary eggs down since P hadn't for some reason.

Eggs were almost a complete bust, I had around 10 total and only got 2 animals out of that. A female 4 stat anky for my breeding project, and a female 3 stat spino. Both only slightly helpful as what I really need right now are high roll males. Such is life on the Ark. While raising them I did mostly city maintenance due to the number of recent bugs with raising babies.

My big morning project was reconfiguring our herbivore egg pen. It was getting messy, and I wanted to change a few things up. Moved the herbs around to be neater and more out of the way of their main trough. Then the real reason I did this, I moved all of our egg carnivores into that pen. It only took 2 trips to move 5 rexes. I also moved our Scorched Earth tames over into the corner. We're not a cluster server, we just had a weird bug for awhile where most SE animals were spawning around Dead Island and the mainland around there. Naturally we made sure we got some of them. Our jerboas are long dead but we have a moth, a thorny dragon and 2 morelltops. Anyway. Paired with our S+ item collector I can minimize propellant use and still get a maximum number of eggs collected, which is great.

Finally P got on (no M today, computer access is limited on weekends) and we started popping bary eggs. We had 7, and got 3 keepers out of it. One for P's personal collection and 2 tribe animals. Not bad.

While he was busy raising/imprinting them I took our basil out for a lap around the map for scouting and general exploration. Saw my first "kraken" from a very safe distance. Only found a single whale, not worth taming but more oil. I also took a look around our sea pen and we may end up doing an underwater one for the big tames, there's a kind of shelf right underneath the current pen that would be high convenient and fairly protected overall. M said he'd check it out, sounds promising.

By the time I got back, between that and scouting for theris/red drops, the barys were almost done. Once they were we decided to take two of them out to dead island for some level laps. All was going well until P decided to run that cave without doing any prep. I didn't know what was in there myself, but I wasn't going to leave him to do it alone.

Yeah, bad times. The treacherous path wasn't terrible aside from being terrified one of the bats was going to push us off the edge or we were going to miss/lag out on a jump. It was also very cold. I was ok, only cold with my 50 fort, and I had some berries on me to keep my hunger up. P wasn't so lucky, he has only a fraction of the fort. We both fell on the way back up (ok I fell a couple times on one jump), but I managed to dismount with enough ground clearance to not die. P, not so much. But I didn't have enough supplies to stay down there long enough after already making it to the entrance to go back, so he jumped on a different bary and came back.

As is typical for P, he did not think ahead at all and didn't bother to bring any armor, never mind fur, which we have plenty of. So yeah, he died again to the cold. Now we have 2 barys stuck at the bottom of the dead island cave, he lost his gear again, and even with a torch I can't get all the way in without a high chance of death myself.

Instead of thinking logically, P did exactly what I expected him to do and asked one of our admins who happened to be on for help. Yep. So she went and got them for us. Somehow his microraptor survived again too. Not the best showing for us, but I'm not going to berate a tribemate in public for being a carebear. It's easy to panic when you're in a bad situation, and I know how he felt when I nearly lost my bred saber last week to a server problem. Once they were out and he came back (on his pela this time), we made the long swim home.

I had enough levels on the new bary to be comfortable, so I asked him if he wanted to do a swamp cave run. He said sure, but then admitted he lost all his swamp cave gear when he died. Sigh. And naturally he wasted all his engram points on whatever P does, so he couldn't replace it himself. Luckily we have BPs and armor stocked in the armory. But seriously, who brings all their gear with them when they don't need it? He wasn't wearing his caving gear, he was wearing his flak. I don't understand.

But whatever. We got that sorted and did our swamp run. No good drops but the new barys did very well. I honestly don't like the bary that much, and I'm not really sure why. But Belle, the tribe bary I'm using, does well enough for herself. My goal is to get her leveled for solo swamp cave runs. Tribe runs are all well and good, but one run a day is not going to produce the results we need.

That's today's plan actually, swamp cave until I get something good or get sick of it.

But as far as the rest of yesterday went, by then it was late and I was tired, so I logged for the night and left P to do whatever he does when no one's around. Probably waste all our tranqs without replacing them as per usual. He's a good guy, he just never follows through with the tribe mentality, which can make for some frustrating experiences with him. As you've read in these posts, he also never anticipates and tends to be 70% yolo, which is a very bad combination in this game.

Hey, this may jot be related to the story would you mind screenshotting and posting some pictures of your animals and the city? It all sounds rather exciting and I'd like to see it!

Thanks LAD

@ILuvTheAwesomeDevs I checked through my library and I don't currently have any good shots but I'll try to remember for the future. :) The city we built occupies basically the entire Weathertop region on The Island.

Last night was short but busy.

Because we made the grinder on Monday night, that actually took care of my main goal for the week. I'm not lacking in projects by any means so next on the list, I was determined to work on automating a few things with the help of the S+ mod. When you have a few thousand hours of gameplay experience, I think you can excuse a few luxuries here and there, no? I've had my fill of staring at dino butts for the immediate future.

One item collector was already running, and I discovered they have some neat side features I only read about in the patch notes and I wanted to take advantage of. Most importantly, poop distribution. The item collector will send poop directly to any S+ compost bin in range, and the S+ compost bin in turn will automatically distribute the fertilizer it makes to crop plots within their range. And on top of that, you can make the gardener to collect your crops for you. Tribemate M has been maintaining crop farms for literally years in two tribes, across two iterations of this server. Give the man a break. So I did.

I demoed our current collection of compost bins and replaced them with a smaller number of S+ compost bins, then crafted a gardener and got some beer from our pub for him. Made sure everything was working and whoa, gardener was full almost instantly. We tend to only harvest what we need on an immediate basis, whoops. Tons of narcoberries available so I went ahead and crafted lots and lots of narcotics. We don't have anywhere to put them though, there's 4 completely full boxes of them in the hunting lodge already. No matter. I put them in the workshop smithy instead for making darts later. Completely filled our crop fridge full and still have tons to spare. Same with our mejo fridge. And we'll never have to collect berries for anything again lol, we have some of each type primarily for making dyes on demand but in these quantities...had no idea we had so many crop plots honestly.

Then it was off to the nearest metal mountain for a short run. Not the volcano--the mountain directly east of us has metal and crystal, which is mainly what I need to restock on for my planned taming pen upgrade. Honestly I wonder why we always go to the volcano when that mountain exists. I can get one quetz/anky full of mats, which is perfect when I don't have the time to dedicate to a full run. So I did that, threw the metal in the forge and did a little more organization while I waited for it to smelt. Made a resource puller gun and might have been playing with it lol. Too bad the range is so short, still had to carry the ingots from the forge to the metal box like a pleb. Ah well.

I had little time remaining by that point so I grabbed Fiona and ran over to the lower south cave to check for megalos. Found one, or I should say, I saw one at the same time as it aggro'd me coming around the corner. Sadly it was a male, decent level too 105. But we have a male and no need for it so we killed him. Fiona's traveled the depths of the swamp and the swamp cave, she's not afraid of graboidosaurus. Grabbed the artifact since we were there, then ran home and logged for the night.

P and M were both on, but we were all busy doing different things so aside from some chat, no stories from them to report. P did run swamp cave and got a mastercraft para saddle, which he was happy about because he loves paras. I did show M the location I had scouted for the deep sea pen and he agrees that it's a good spot to work with, he plans to get some foundations down today while he plans out the build.

I had some repair work to do yesterday. My main base is way in the south, not much defense needed there I thought. Everything is made of thatch or wood. There are only dilo's around and the occasional sarco. But somehow a Bronto accidentally aggroed on something and started stomping around, damaging my greenhouse and stuff. I managed to kill the bronto but the rest of my evening went to repairing what it damaged, and building a wall surrounding my base. Today I will do the same at my new base, except that here I will be building stone gates and metal pike walls, since I've seen rexes and carno's around.

23 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I had some repair work to do yesterday. My main base is way in the south, not much defense needed there I thought. Everything is made of thatch or wood. There are only dilo's around and the occasional sarco. But somehow a Bronto accidentally aggroed on something and started stomping around, damaging my greenhouse and stuff. I managed to kill the bronto but the rest of my evening went to repairing what it damaged, and building a wall surrounding my base. Today I will do the same at my new base, except that here I will be building stone gates and metal pike walls, since I've seen rexes and carno's around.

Always build some perimeter of sorts in Stone/Brick/Metal :) Thatch/Wood wont last and as youve experienced, one random spawn can cause a lot of pain. If thsi was SP, you maybe ok but otherwise you are a prime target for greifers too :(

I have actually had 2 nights off ARK; I know, how could I do it you ask!

Wife is in recovery after her operation and looking after a 4 yr old, house cleaning, work, visiting my wife etc, I just havent had the energy to log on and play for a few hrs. I am logging in tonight and my Tribemaster has left me steam messages about what he has been up to. Apparently our beachfront dino pen has been extended to allow for our recent tames 145 bronto so I look forward to seeing that later tonight. 

On the Center, what cave is easy to complete other than the Artifact of the Immune or Cunning as Ive done those religiously for a while now. 

Thanks story writers :)

Ive been spending a lot of time hopping around servers looking for a good home with a good tribe on console. Popped onto my friends dedicated, as im an admin there, but being an admin just isnt any fun, too much power, too much responsibility, but its a low pop server so there are usually only the admins on.

Been excitied about full console controller functionality coming to pc, im getting ready to make the jump back to pc, because mods are my bread and butter, (im just not that good with a keyboard and mouse anymore, and my hands dont flit about like they used to, too much time with a controller in my hand)

Not too many exciting stories to come from that i guess, though i did get eaten by a pack of Allo's again while spawning in one one server, thats always exciting, and plenty of other "oh no fresh player starting" deaths. Packs of Troodons, raptors and the like.

Taking a wee bit of a break right now, before diving back into breeding my ankys and terror birds, so why not post here. I like reading what other people have been up to (I wish I was as creative as some of you seem to be, it sounds like great fun :) ).

I packed up my tames on our SE server and transferred back to our Island server as I got tired of being the only active player on SE. I decided to take advantage of the fact that we still have increased breeding on the other server to breed in my new anky stats a bit faster. I'll get some better wyverns after we've switched SE for Ragnarok when it's more completed and I won't be alone on the server.

So, today I've done pretty much nothing but breeding and I've gotten so many useless mutations and twins (ankys) that I don't know what's going on. I got a pair of anky twins that were orange, but luckily they didn't have any good mutation so I didn't have to keep them. I forgot to take screenshots though...

ARK giveth and ARK taketh, and while I've gotten unlucky with the mutations, I've hatched some nice females. I normally only get males, so ARK has been suspiciously kind in that regard. My lost levels made a surprising return yesterday when I hatched a 295 male with the exact same stats as the 289 one I had before. I had given up on getting all the lost levels into the line since it seemed hopeless earlier, so that was a nice surprise. I've managed to get the new hp and stamina + all the previous best stats in on three females, ranging from level 293 to 299. I also hatched a 301 female anky that got the mutated hp and all the other best stats from both parents. Now I need to work the mutated melee in (got a mutation in that yesterday), the weight and the food and project anky should be "done". Then I just have to get super ankys with nice colours.

The terror bird project is starting to show some result too. I've gotten 3/4 stats into one male now (he hatched at level 262, but he has a lot of lost levels), but it has taken a surprisingly long time. I'm also trying to get to nice colours so I have a lot of meh terror birds at the moment that will be killed as soon as I've gotten everything I want. The most difficult thing seems to be to get the more blue toned white on the beak and legs that my friend has on her golden terror bird. She, the bird in question, refuses to share this colour and I only get the more pink hued white instead. I did get a colour mutation that I've ended up keeping so far. He's white (as white as they get so more a silvery grey) with a dark grey beak/legs. He's got nothing useful at all and I can get the same colour combination breeding my birds, but until I have, he's staying.

I also used a terror bird for the first time ever, and I did so by running to my friend's base near the red obelisk (my base is at the hidden lake) and it was a blast. I've really come to like these fellows after I started breeding them, despite them being more of an early tame. On the way home I ran up the volcano and jumped off, testing how far I could glide on the bird. We landed at the foot of the mountain north of the volcano (she did take some fall damage), ran up the other mountain and repeated the process and finally landed outside my base. Here we are on our maiden voyage (sorry for the quality, but I can't run the game on full epic and I can't have any sky effects enabled due to a memory leak):
rJKRzKT.jpg
I was a bit worried we would land on top of a rex or something. xD

Now, time for some more breeding. Looking forward to reading what you've been up to later.

Years ago I learned to not make plans, as they never work out for me.  The Q train for metal hasn't happened, other things have.  I really hate metal runs anyway, along with any other tedium.

First thing, I decided to expand my pen, and throw the extra monkeys I have now out there.  Maybe a wild bird will munch on them.  I really need a high level one, but finding the dumb things, ugh.

Once that was done, I went around grumbling about the update to s+ that messed up my lights and stuff.  Did some house keeping, aka throwing a bunch of useless armor, tools, and building materials in the grinder.  Installed a couple of keypads for remote control of lights and doors, and made a bunch more narcotics.

I was in the greenhouse checking on the crops when I saw something move across the river.  Yep, one of the titans came this way.  Whistled passive to all my tames.  Don't need that getting over here and getting aggro'd.  Luckily, it decided to go west, and not east.

Decided to build a tree platform and some taps.  Need cementing paste.  Ugh.  Jump on the argie and make the rounds.  Come back with about 2k paste.  Make what I need, and throw the rest in the fabricator to make polymer.  I also need that ind cooker.

Flew back out to the redwoods, found a nice spot, placed the platform and taps.  Sniped some low level dinos, and went home.  Time to quit for the night.

Last night, played Factorio experimental for a bit, then fired up Ark.

So, I still need high level dinos for my breeding program, and I really hate the tedium of metal runs.  Dino hunting it is.  Also noticed the update to S+ tonight fixed the lights. YAY!

Don't wanna take the rex, too loud.  Looked in my armor box, hey there's my set of ascendant ghillie. (That was expensive to upgrade to.  Upgrade station mod :) )  So, I'm going on foot.  This is gonna turn out well, it really is.  Made my way around Stonehenge, and headed toward a starter base i have on the next island over.  Ran across a lvl 44 monkey.  Better than what I've got, and finding these things is a pain in the ass.  Tame it up, continue on my way.  Come up to my old base, heh, I left the door open.  Checked the boxes, nope, didn't leave anything but a little wood.  Head up the mountain, sneaking around the few raptors and such.  Come out on the northeast corner.  See a lone troodon.  Spyglass it.  Level 116.  Now, I really don't like to cheat tame, but for a 116, I'll do it this time, especially knowing how these things are tamed.  Tranq it, and hit the console.  Now I've got a security force that consists of more than a shoulder mounted poop thrower.

Now, when things are going this well for me in ARK, I'm looking for the brown clouds, cause a poopstorm is coming my way.  I decide that instead of risking going back over the mountain, I'm going around the beach.  This was my first mistake.  Then I notice the sun is getting low.  I wasn't watching the time.  This was my second mistake.  Then a pack of raptors decide it's time to go get a drink of water.  I don't carry automatic weapons.  I have a six gun, crossbow, a longneck and of course hatchet and pick.  Raptor decided to munch on my troodon, which does not approve.  My monkey doesn't either, neither do I.  Six gun blazing, the fight is on.  Good thing they're all lower levels.  I came out fine, my troodon lost about a third of its health.  Harvest the raptors and feed my troodon.  Once her health gets up, I continue on.  By now it's dark, but the moonlight is better for visibility than a useless torch.  Two rex on the other side of the river.  No biggie, I'm out of aggro range.  And then I get hit, and stunned.  I hear that distinctive hiss.  Troodons.  Spam the stims I keep in my hotbar, and draw the six gun again.  A whole herd of troodons.  I'm glad I invested some points in fortitude now.  Start firing into the group, who have somehow lost aggro on me, and switched to my troodon.  Start shooting, three of them switch aggro back to me.  Running backwards shooting, get hit twice more, spam stims, shoot.  About the time the third one goes down, "your troodon has killed troodon, your troodon has been killed by troodon"  Son. Of. A. Bitch.  That was the most family friendly phrase that came out of my mouth.  Run back, only to get hit by two more troodons.  Yeah, managed to kill em, and finally got the purple haze out of my vision.  And the red out of my real life vision.  I was livid.  Shoulda went back over the mountain.  And the moon gets obscured by clouds.  Really?  Good grief.  Wait until sunrise so I can actually see more than 10 feet.

Sunrise comes, and I know immediately why I was attacked.  Yep, this spot is always infested with troodons, but at night, I didn't recognize how close I was to it.  Such is life in ARK.  At least I'm not headed back on the rex to collect my gear.  Head around the corner, spyglass an oviraptor.  Level 150.  Really?  What in the hell?  Of all the piece of crap dinos, an oviraptor?  Note the location.  Looks like I'll be breeding oviraptors. :/  Don't have eggs on me though.  Got back to base without further incident.  Dropped off the monkey to the breeding pen, grabbed more ammo, and the spino.  Not going after the oviraptor right now, but toward the east shore.  I notice the titan is nowhere to be seen.  Small blessings.  Headed along the south beach again, notice a raptor harassing a diplo.  Spyglass the diplo, 120.  Worth saving.  Start shooting the raptor, spino sits there drooling.  Ok.  Raptor goes down.  Level 135. /facepalm.  Check levels before you shoot dumbass.  Beat head on desk.  Ease around the corner, usually there are dangerous dinos around here, most commonly a rex or two.  Green drop.  Check it out, since I'm right here.  Double drop, with a MC parasaur saddle bp.  I'll take that, rest is junk.  Some dilos moving around, draw the six gun.  Wait, check levels first.  A 140 male.  Bang head on desk again.  Piece of crap dinos.  I swear.  Kill the really crap ones, and tame up the 140.  Tamed out to a 207.  32 levels in HP, 36 in weight, and 32 in damage.  Ok, now if I can find a high level female, I'll have a cheap, disposable, mobile security force.  Yeah, right.  Chances of that happening are slim to none.  Move on around to cross to the east coast.  And ran into a carno.  Low level, kill it.  Kill em all.  Oh boy, another rex.  Good thing it's occupied with a bronto right now.  Decide I'll take the water route.  Pop a raptor with tranqs to check level, and get hit by a dilo I didn't see behind a rock.  Spino sits there drooling.  I kill the dilo.  What the hell?  Remember when I whistled my tames passive because of the titan?  Yeah.  Sun is going down again.  Sigh.  Kill the raptor, hit the water.  Stay reasonably close to the coast, and make it home just at sunset without further incident.  Make the rounds and shut down.

Plan for tonight, set my tame groups and get my guards back on neutral.

alas my unofficial server is dead and will be getting shutdown soon. :( it was once regarded as one of the top 10 unofficial servers in ark and has fallen. So me and my mate decided We will start our own server. Tried to keep it much the same as on official with a few mods that don't change the core gameplay at all. 5 times rates for everything. We wanted to build the server so solo and small tribes could actually have a fair go at tech gear.  Anyone that is interested server is out of Sydney its called Sins of Ark

@maze He doesn't die every day, just...most of them. :P I've been trying to keep him out of trouble but he just doesn't listen...

Anyway, very short night tonight. I got home from work a little late and no one else was around.

First thing I did was a quick metal/crystal run and get the forge going. It's slow going but I'm building up our supplies again, most likely to use it all up on the weekend lol. I'll wait until baby raising day to do a building project since I'll be stuck in the city anyway. I do have a very rough estimate of what I need, given that the pen I want to upgrade already exists. But I can never resist a chance to renovate and improve on the design...

In the meantime though, just the usual supply stuff. Moved a spare item collector into the egg pen near the farm building to act as our main poop distributor. I need lots of poop to keep the propellant flowing anyway. Did refill the compost bins, they don't really seem to be getting filled by said item collector, but it only takes a few seconds to do it manually anyway. Made a bit more propellant and some narcs, did a quick run over for sap, and fed the herbivores. That's about all I had time for tonight.

So yeah, not much to report. But since I was asked so nicely and I actually remembered to do so, I did take a screenshot to share. It's the taming pens I'll be renovating, hopefully this weekend. Possibly expanding as well, but we'll see. The building they're attached to is our hunting lodge, a combination trophy room / taming supply storage area. The quetz is of course Val, whom I talk about often enough I thought I should show her too. :) Her full name is Valencia, but I almost never call her that, it's Val for short. She is really not a very good quetz--was only 100 when I tamed her, and she's been all but crippled by the nerfs. But she's my personal quetz, and her pink wings have actually made her somewhat distinctive. I've grown rather fond of her, truth be told.

azynthine_taming_pen_val.jpg

Bred up a couple of the wolves and whilst I was waiting for them to pop I took apart my kitchen area and put it back together again. replaced all the vanilla fridges with S+. tidied up the layout and stuff. When the wolf popped it was white female twins with the best melee and stam. Unfortunately still can't get the health to carry, but 2 females with those two stats should help speed things up. Stepped out of my base and the first thing i bumped into, literally was a 150 male bronto! Went up to the roof and sniped him down and left him to tame up whilst I went out hunting. decided to go through the swamps and ran into a 145 female Kapro, luckily managed to avoid getting dismounted by her and got her in the pen and down. Also found a 150 male Dimetrodon which I nabbed for giggles, despite him being a bitch of a tame. Also experienced a weird and very annoying bug. When gathering some meat on my best 100% imprinted Theri, Anna-Marie, I returned to base and she got stuck in the dino gate. Couldn't get her out of there no matter what I tried. Eventually jumped on her and tried to ghost her free, but instead she dismounted me and slipped under the world! Ghosted myself under and couldn't do anything with her, couldn't mount, she wouldn't follow, so I relogged, and when I got back in I was able to whistle her to follow, but instead of following me out, she just up and disappeared! No death message or anything, very annoying. So I grabbed a recent save file, and loaded it into single player, grabbed her from there and loaded her into the obelisk. A strange thing happened to my base though on the single player world, all the resources that my base normally blocks were there, all the trees and rocks and everything, and I noted how pretty parts of it looked with the trees and rocks back, so when I went back to my server and grabbed the resurrected Anna-Marie out of a nearby drop I made up a load of re-fertilizer and restored the dead areas outside my walls back to their natural beauty.

18 hours ago, Anarki said:

Always build some perimeter of sorts in Stone/Brick/Metal :) Thatch/Wood wont last and as youve experienced, one random spawn can cause a lot of pain. If thsi was SP, you maybe ok but otherwise you are a prime target for greifers too :(

I do play single player. I like to be my own boss and I don't want to worry about other players. I also like to be able to load a savegame if things go too wrong (like losing all my raptors and carno's at once for instance).

I have a few hundred hours into Ark and this was the first time I had a herbivore damaging my structures, so I was a bit surprised. Lesson learned I guess ;)

Last night was a busy evening. I had plans you see, but as usual they didn’t progress quite as I had planned.

We have a new member of the tribe, very limited experience (even less than me) and he has decided to branch out and make his own little cliff base (similar to ours but on a much smaller scale).

From the starter dinos we have claimed from players who have quit; I decided to give them over to our new kid on the block. I took over a train consisting of a 44 Dode, 61 Bear, 121 Argy and 41 Raptor. Nothing great but it gives him a little assistance in gaining the resources for him to build. We helped him tame his first Stego and he built a pen below his cliff for his new friends.

Ill try and keep the rest as short as I can…

I flew back from new kids base and came across a 150 Tappy and I know the Tribemaster loves these (we have 2 but our best was a 100 I think). I get Hank my tribebuddy and we go up on our Tappy to try and bola the 150. At first we spook the fellah but after a few minutes of flying around, we get into position, ready for the master throw – and what a throw it was. Hank bola’d our own bird! It appears as though I’m floating to the cliffs below me, but in fact I’m hurtling towards my death at a pace akin to a Pastor Maldonado driving an F1 car.

I die… its no big deal. New kid comes and collects me using his Argy – he even picks me up first time which Im impressed with, the kid is learning fast.

I decide that the 150 Tappy is out of my taming skills just now, and say to the guys Ill take them on a cave run instead. New kid on his 41 Raptor and Hank and I on our 250+ bred bears – I love my bear (probably said that before but I really do).

We run over towards the cave and pass a tamed Their which is up for grabs in just over an hr  - we don’t own one so we make it our mission to get in and out of the cave and back to claim this within the hr. A mego is lying asleep at the entrance of the cave so I run in and Hank and I spill the first amount of cave blood. A lvl 90 Mego stands no chance against a bear with 5k hp and 595% melee.

New kid follows cautiously but I explain that from here he will be ok. We take out everything in the cave; scorpions, spiders, centipedes. Lazarus powder time, but Ive only brought 2 so Hank and I drop down into the depths to claim the artifact. The 3 loot drops were nothing special but its one of the low lvl caves so I don’t expect to get anything decent to be honest but it was nice to take these guys through their first cave run.

On the way back we come across a 125 lvl Alpha Raptor and new kid goes rushing in… Hank and I manage to get the aggro from it after new kid takes his first hit and is left with little hp – lesson learned here I think J 36 Prime meat in my bag and we head back to base to cook it all up.

I had read earlier about a tribe quitting the server but had initially thought that all decent items/dinos would have already been claimed. We claimed the Theri (only a 101) on the way back seemed happy with the days work. Then I see a tamed but riderless 230 Spino rampaging through the woodland near to our base. I fly over and ask if anyone in global chat had lost their Spino. Apparently this was what the global chat had been talking about. Just above the Spino on the ridge above is another stationery Spino so I fly up and have a little look – a 265!! Now weve already tamed 2 Spinos a 135 and 150 but as there are 4 main active players in our tribe and now the new kid, a new pair wouldn’t go amiss. I ask in global if anyone has first claim on these and one guy stated he was interested. Now I know I wont be online in the 4hrs that this will become available and my tribemates didn’t message me this morning so I don’t know whether or not we got anything as there was a Dimetrodon that we wanted too.

So last night was good, I felt I helped our new kid, and we got rid of some of our lesser dinos as we are really looking to tame our own now so we know what stats they had for the breeding programme.

Tribemaster logged in just before I headed off, explained he needed to go and claim a few dinos and left him to it.

Very boring one today.  The game just doesn't like me right now.

First thing, when I loaded in, my lights are all screwed up again.  No, I'm not taking them all down and replacing them.  I do need to make some more kibble, so I look at the ind cooker again.  Need just 60 more polymer, but I'm out of cementing paste other than what is set back for the cooker itself.  Well, I know what I'm doing later.

So I set in running down my guards and resetting them to neutral.  Checked the troughs and such, just routine stuff.

Went outside, and decided to check on the yard monkeys.  Punched numpad2 for their tame group and whistled follow, and yep, didn't take.  Cursed for a while.  Now all my animals are piled up in one corner of the barn, and I have a rex breathing in my face.  Almost just deleted the save right then and there.  I have 62 animals in the smart breeding app, and maybe half of them are accounted for there, probably less.  So I clear out the monkey's inventories, just to make sure they don't collect so many narcos and stims they can't eat, and set about the 2 hour task of untangling all the tames.  I'm really going to have to cull a bunch of animals, my base is getting so laggy now that I can barely walk down the stairs.

After getting all that sorted out, and all the breeder animals set to ignore group whistles, I hop on the wyvern and make the cementing paste rounds.  This actually went pretty well.  Raid a dam, tranq the beavers, take everything and fly off.  Got back to the spawn by the footpaw, and there's a sarco harassing a dam.  Tranq it, and now I've got a beaver after me.  Tranq it, and notice that it's really low on health, and is a level 96.  I give it some berries, not thinking, and raid the dam.  Raid the other dam.  Now, I come back to the wyvern, and I have tamed a beaver!  Ok.  Set it up with the pick-up mod, and take it back to base.  Might as well.  So now I have a male beaver that I have no use for right now, but he tamed to a 143.  Mediocre stats, but I guess he can gather wood for me or something.

Loaded up the fabricator and made 1k polymer, and an ind cooker.  Set it down on a water pipe, and made up some dodo kibble.  Also had a few new monkeys born.  One lvl46 with a weight mutation died because I was busy untangling tames, and a lvl 11 died to the food bug, but this one would have been a yard monkey anyway.  Had some born from lvl 30-41, one weight and one food mutation.  Yep, gotta find some high level ones.  Then I can kill all these crap ones.  Just working with what I can find.

Then I went out and picked up that 150 Oviraptor.  It tamed out near perfect at 224, highlights are 33 lvls in weight, 40 in damage, and 40 in speed(I know, useless except for torpor).  He is full of stone serving the other half of my barn now.  Went after the Diplo, and it's gone.  Guess it died.  Oh well.  Oh, look, it's tomorrow again.  Shut down.  Tonight will probably be used cooking up kibble.  I have hundreds of eggs I need to use.

This is my first time posting here, but enjoy reading these posts.  Just thought, I would quickly mention that before starting my tale.

I am a PVE player and a solo tribe on an official server, and interact here and there with the community.  I have been on the same server since the XBOX launch.  My base is located about as far southwest of the map as you can get.  I am on the southwest corner of Cragg's Isle on the beach south of the big rock.  I only mention this for a little background to what happened the the night before.  

I usually play at night after kiddos go to bed, and login just like any other night to feed dinos and gather a small amount of supplies, etc.  I have my main building that I typically logout in which has a "aviary" on top for my Argys and Ptera that overlooks pretty much all of my base.  I usually go there first to drop some meat in the trough before moving on to my two barns.  While waiting on dino's to eat, then grab leftover meat then move on, I climb to the roof of the building that I allows me to see my surroundings and all interior of my base.

Unfortunately this is when the bad news sets in, as I am overlooking my base.  Both of my my barns are torn apart, and no living dinos near or inside of them to be seen.  Hoping it was just a rendering or lag, I jump down to get closer look, and much to my dismay most of my dinos are gone.  All dinos in and around them are dead.  Mind you, the dinos were not an extremely high level but disheartening none the less.  Just a lot of work down the drain. 

I decide to take a look around to see what can be salvaged, and find that my shark and itchy somehow survived.  My main base was luckily also untouched and it contained my Thya, Anky, and the Argies and Ptera mentioned above in addition to all my fridges with eggs and other supplies.  In all honesty most of the dinos had not been ridden in some time, though lost a few that had sentimental value such as my very first tames.  Which was a Trike named "Sarah" and a Raptor named "Whip."  The hardest loss was actually my Quetz and Allos.  The Allos because I do not see a lot of them on the server any more.  

After taking stock and making a couple repairs, I decide to take a look at the tribe logs.  I had assumed up to this point that a Titan had walked in aggro'd by the interior x plants I forgot to put on sleep.  I was quite wrong, somehow a level 50 Giga had made its way from the north down to Cragg's Isle and in my base.  I am fairly certain they don't spawn this far south.  As far as I am aware, I have not knowingly made anyone angry to kite something to my base.  Though, that must have been quite the trip to get a giga down that far and not touch many other bases in the area. 

I am sorry for the long winded post, but just felt like sharing my tale since most of my days are fairly standard experience of feed, clean up poop, cut down a tree, beat up a rock, and so forth.  

4 minutes ago, BostonPaul said:

I'm not going to be able to do a damn thing today in Ark because I just blue screen now ever since the PS4 update.  Impossible to even log in.  This company sucks and I doubt they will care enough to fix it.  Most incompetent poop I have ever seen in my life.

Because you're having issues with the game means the company sucks? Is there some kind of logic here?

Edited by Darkwinter

Logged in and headed to the swamp on the Theri, straight away ran into a 150 female Paracer! Finally my incessant murdering of all the things in the swamps everyday seems to be paying off and I'm getting some high levels, unfortunately not in what I want, I really need a better Baryonyx, but I'm not one to look a give horse rhino elephant thing in the mouth. Managed to get the big girl wedged into some rocks and took her down, pretty easy stuff, I do love the new shocking tranq darts and my Ascendant Longneck. Spent the time waiting for her to tame up strolling around killing things and making sure nothing got close to her since I forgot to grab any spiked walls, then got her home and headed back out. Unfortunately that was to be my only luck for a while. Although there were a few 100+ things around, nothing better than anything I already have, so decided to head into the Redwoods and search for high level Terrorbirds or Thylas. That was a bust, only saw one single level 5 Thyla, and accidentally killed the only two high level Terrorbirds I saw since they were in the middle of fluffy scrums, both 145's which would have done nicely. Ummed and ahhed for a bit over a 150 female Stego, but I already have a breeding pair of 150's, don't really need to clutter the base with additionals really. Then as I was leaving the woods I spotted a lvl 100 Equus, not only that but it was actually calm and being unmolested, which is a rarity! Normally I only see the bloody things just as they're getting eaten, or they're too low level to bother with so I kill them off, so a 3 figure in a decent area wasn't to be sniffed at. Unfortunately though, no Troodon kibble or Carrots on me, so I did something I don't normally do. I have the Awesome Teleporters mod, and I have it enabled to teleport wild dinos. It's something I very rarely take advantage of, but on this occasion I thought bugger it. Got the gee-gee stuck on my Theri, and teleported us all straight to the top floor of my base. Let him run around for a bit whilst I crafted up the the kibble, then donned the ghillie and jumped on his back.