sponsored mod question

Jessica

so for consoles around about at what time will the sponsored mods be implemented?  i mean how long after they are finished  will the gap be ... im really looking toward to bush people and the admen commander menu it would really change the game for a lot of people i know its no time soon im just really hype for them ad was wondering if there was any sort of eta?

13 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

If they're over 2 Gigs, then never.

Besides that, noone knows when they will come to consoles until devs tell you that.

Can you elaborate on the 2 Gigs part?

I'm playing on a new map, Crystal Isles. It is already over 2 Gigs and not even half done. I told the developer, downside of it being so big, as it will never become an official mod. There response was it is only 2x the size of the Island, but I've no idea if they meant file size or some other measurement.

I like the experience of the big map, but getting it to work well with ARK seems to be a big downside.

15 hours ago, wildbill said:

Can you elaborate on the 2 Gigs part?

I'm playing on a new map, Crystal Isles. It is already over 2 Gigs and not even half done. I told the developer, downside of it being so big, as it will never become an official mod. There response was it is only 2x the size of the Island, but I've no idea if they meant file size or some other measurement.

I like the experience of the big map, but getting it to work well with ARK seems to be a big downside.

When we look at recent games which got mod support on consoles, we see that Microsoft and Sony limited the amount of mods to 2 Gigs. (It may become more, I didn't read about it though) And Sony even restricts mods to no custom graphics.

I highly doubt that both Console companies will give ARK more space for mods, when Bethesda only got a small space for both, Fallout 4 and Skyrim Secial Edition.

This might be just a speculation, but it would be weird why a game like ARK would get more Support than Bethesda titles.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

When we look at recent games which got mod support on consoles, we see that Microsoft and Sony limited the amount of mods to 2 Gigs. (It may become more, I didn't read about it though) And Sony even restricts mods to no custom graphics.

I highly doubt that both Console companies will give ARK more space for mods, when Bethesda only got a small space for both, Fallout 4 and Skyrim Secial Edition.

This might be just a speculation, but it would be weird why a game like ARK would get more Support than Bethesda titles.

If they bundle it as a free dlc or paid it can be over that limit. I doubt they will market or release one mod at a time. The maps will probably be over 2 gigs. But the smaller stuff I doubt will be over 2 gigs but I haven't been on steam in a while or checked on mods. Heck look at elder scrolls online that thing just keeps sucking up more memory lol... but they should of made PS4 2 terabyes standard. I upgraded first chance I got. 500 gigs was a joke. But you maybe right time will tell I'm more interested in under water bases and the rest of the Dino's then mods anyway.

ps can u send me article I like reading that stuff

Archived