Xbox One Transponder Nodes/Tracker

soecourage

Using a node for the first time and it doesn't seem to work for me at all. On an official PvP server. I heard it would show up when using the tracker which only works for me if I know the exact direction of the dino. Also heard of a red dot on map that blinks haven't seen that. And nothing on the GPS either. Any tips on what to do? 

• Volunteer Moderator

Transponder is junk. U have to tag or put node on Dino then have transponder tracker. U click button on the tracker it shows in green where animal is on the screen. It's supposed to have different frequencies up to 70 I think for various animals u tag. It's not working that way on PS4 that I know of but did work on pc. It doesn't show up on map that I'm aware. U can find videos on it and wiki has answer.

It doesn't work with the gps... Did you craft the transponder tracker just the node will not work you need both.

fyi u grab someone with a bird they look up and it says destroy transponder... and u just lost transponder.., don't use them they aren't worth the resources.

6 minutes ago, soecourage said:

I've got both tracker and node. Tossed the node on there but when I use tracker it only shows green name when I'm looking in the exact direction of the lost tame. So if it's lost and flew away it would be impossible to find. 

The green name will show if you'ryou're looking in the right direction, no matter how far away you are. It CAN be useful to find a lost animal, but it's definitely not user friendly

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, soecourage said:

I've got both tracker and node. Tossed the node on there but when I use tracker it only shows green name when I'm looking in the exact direction of the lost tame. So if it's lost and flew away it would be impossible to find. Resources aren't what I'm worried about I dont want to lose the tame.

That's the way it works you click the button and it shows you in green and the distance. You can watch videos on it. Its working as intended im guessing. Its junk. You have to be looking in that direction.

It works like the little blue arrow works in halo.  Click transponder, rotate your camera, find node and go towards it.  Even works under water.

The actual issue is that anyone can remove the transponder node (in pvp) and if the dino is clipped through a wall or something and you try to ride it, instead of it going To "change name" the option will be "remove transponder node".  You will almost certainly accidentally remove the node.

Archived